Nov. 9 - vs Dallas W
Nov. 13 - @ Orlando W
Nov. 15 - @ San Antonio L
Nov. 16 - @ Memphis L
Nov. 18 - vs Indiana W
Nov. 20 - @ New Orleans W
Nov. 21 - @ Dallas W

6-4

I say we go 6-4. Nothing great but not bad either considering all the injuries.
Anything over 6 win would be a pleasant surprise,anything under 4 wins would be a huge disappointment.

franchize
11-02-2012, 05:28 PM
I have it the opposite way. I think we go 4-6. I think we lose to Miami, both Philly games, Indiana, San Antonio and Memphis. I dont think its cause for alarm. I just think those teams have too much depth for us to win without Amare.

Clutch
11-02-2012, 07:04 PM
I have it the opposite way. I think we go 4-6. I think we lose to Miami, both Philly games, Indiana, San Antonio and Memphis. I dont think its cause for alarm. I just think those teams have too much depth for us to win without Amare.
4-6 isn't the end of the world. Like I said I wouldn't be too down with us going 4-6 considering we have a lot of injury problems.

Sarcastic
11-03-2012, 12:48 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FUQgwgo0eHA/S9W_iEDuigI/AAAAAAAADGA/axf1GdlEqIA/s320/Debbie_Downer.jpg

bluechox2
11-03-2012, 04:11 AM
who needs amare

franchize
11-03-2012, 08:49 AM
who needs amare
We do lol Im not letting last night cloud my judgement. Under no circumstances is having Brewer, Kidd and Felton starting at the same time a recipe for success lol

Clutch
11-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Amare off the bench. Please Woody,make it happen.

knickscity
11-03-2012, 11:02 AM
We do lol Im not letting last night cloud my judgement. Under no circumstances is having Brewer, Kidd and Felton starting at the same time a recipe for success lol
Why not? The tone was set from the opening tip, and the team never let up.

Rameek
11-03-2012, 03:28 PM
No Dirk, Kaman, Anthony Davis, Granger, Afflo it does bode well for the Knicks.

Its not impossible to go 6-4 or better considering how many are on the rode. If these said players come back 4-6 isnt terrible.

kNicKz
11-04-2012, 01:38 AM
10-0

Swag

percelloveknicks
11-04-2012, 07:36 AM
6-4 is certainly possible now that we blew out the heat.

MightyWhitey
11-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Knicks may end up 8-2 the first ten games. I think they can beat Dallas in MSG but not in Dallas. San Antonio may pose the biggest obstacle though.

redrich2000
11-07-2012, 05:11 AM
9-1 we'll lose to the Spurs.

bluechox2
11-07-2012, 06:37 AM
im pretty sure we owned the spurs last season

Clutch
11-07-2012, 08:06 AM
im pretty sure we owned the spurs last season
I'm pretty sure the Spurs beat us convincingly last season. Something like 10-15 points difference.
The thing I remember the most about that game is Amare's TERRIBLE defense. I know he's not a good defender but that night he looked extremely awful. Like two times worse than usual. Also Tyson was out.

If I'm right we beat them 2 seasons ago at MSG in a high scoring game,like 130-120 or something.

Jasi
11-07-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty sure the Spurs beat us convincingly last season. Something like 10-15 points difference.
The thing I remember the most about that game is Amare's TERRIBLE defense. I know he's not a good defender but that night he looked extremely awful. Like two times worse than usual. Also Tyson was out.

I remember Tony Parker owning Lin like there was no tomorrow.

Clutch
11-07-2012, 11:05 AM
I remember Tony Parker owning Lin like there was no tomorrow.
This is what I remembered from that game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZqqYW9DQs

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Jasi
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM

:lol I remember that too.
He looked scared that Tony might find someone on his path to the basket, lol

"hey hey, everybody, let him pass"

Rameek
11-07-2012, 01:24 PM
one week only 2 games

Nov. 9 - vs Dallas
Nov. 13 - @ Orlando

I didnt realize this big break there is no excuse for not even better the next 2 games. They better win.

Nov. 15 - @ San Antonio
Nov. 16 - @ Memphis

This is the real test. Not only because its on the road but because these are 2 playoff bound teams. They cant lose both if they are going to be legit. 2 close loses doesnt cut it. If this team is real early win both. Wouldnt be mad over a split.

Nov. 18 - vs Indiana
Nov. 20 - @ New Orleans
Nov. 21 - @ Dallas

Indiana lost Granger for 3 months now. If Anthony Davis isnt there that team is awful. No Dirk. The Knicks are older so this traveling 6 games in a week is tough. I think Woodson will monitor minutes and should monitor the KRUST minutes during this stretch. 2-1 wouldnt be terrible and honestly I wouldnt kill them if they struggled to go 1-2.

7-3 would be awesome, 6-4 not bad.

franchize
11-07-2012, 02:01 PM
one week only 2 games

Nov. 9 - vs Dallas
Nov. 13 - @ Orlando

I didnt realize this big break there is no excuse for not even better the next 2 games. They better win.

Nov. 15 - @ San Antonio
Nov. 16 - @ Memphis

This is the real test. Not only because its on the road but because these are 2 playoff bound teams. They cant lose both if they are going to be legit. 2 close loses doesnt cut it. If this team is real early win both. Wouldnt be mad over a split.

Nov. 18 - vs Indiana
Nov. 20 - @ New Orleans
Nov. 21 - @ Dallas

Indiana lost Granger for 3 months now. If Anthony Davis isnt there that team is awful. No Dirk. The Knicks are older so this traveling 6 games in a week is tough. I think Woodson will monitor minutes and should monitor the KRUST minutes during this stretch. 2-1 wouldnt be terrible and honestly I wouldnt kill them if they struggled to go 1-2.

7-3 would be awesome, 6-4 not bad.

I don't think we match up well with Dallas. I expect us to lose at least one of those games.

We should spank Orlando. Big Baby has been playing very well but c'mon. That's a game we're supposed to win big.Emphasis on the "supposed to" part.

I expect us to lose to San Antonio. They're a veteran team that executes and they're playing at home.

Memphis home games are bananas. That one should be interesting. Melo stuck the dagger in them last time. I'm split about that one because Melo laid an egg last year vs Rudy plus their strength is their big man and we won't have Amare. Melo is good at PF but not against a traditional one like Z-Bo.

I think Indiana has one of the deepest teams in the NBA. I dont think the Granger injury hurts them that much. Gerald Green has been playing fairly well and they are finally starting to wisen up and play Lance Stephenson a little more. Who knows how long that'll last though. If he plays significant minutes at the backup PG, I think he's going to kill Prigioni :oldlol: That's a pickem game to me and a potential playoff matchup. I'm gonna go Knicks if you put a gun to my head.

New Orleans is a fiesty young team. Monty Williams is a terrific young coach. Greivas Vasquez is an underrated player. That being said, if we're a legit team, we're supposed to spank those young thundercats lol.

Scoooter
11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Marion is out for Dallas I think.

franchize
11-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Marion is out for Dallas I think.
O yea... forgot about that. Out 2-4 weeks.

Rameek
11-08-2012, 02:34 AM
Sorry I dont think NO is fiesty or talented. No Eric Gordon or Anthony Davis they will be lottery bound. If AD comes back it can be competitive for a couple of quarters. The back court is HORRENDOUS.

I can see the split with Dallas they have Wright and Crowder starting and they arent as experienced but talented. OJ Mayo is going nuts quietly thats going to be an issue for the Knicks.

Clutch
11-08-2012, 03:13 AM
THE ONLY UNBEATEN TEAM IN THE LEAGUE - NEW YORK KNICKS

:applause:

Hopefully I won't jinx them.

bluechox2
11-08-2012, 04:29 AM
one game at a time

hope we get to see camby's debut

our defensive core keeps getting stronger

Clutch
11-08-2012, 04:44 AM
one game at a time

hope we get to see camby's debut

our defensive core keeps getting stronger
Can't wait for Shump to return.

Rameek
11-08-2012, 10:29 AM
I think Camby should be back in time and Sheed should be in better shape to find out how good the post defense will be when we face the Spurs, Grizz and Pacerz.... Then we can see how good the low block defense is.

The most amazing thing I find is how this team is pentrating and dishing for open looks.

franchize
11-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Sorry I dont think NO is fiesty or talented. No Eric Gordon or Anthony Davis they will be lottery bound. If AD comes back it can be competitive for a couple of quarters. The back court is HORRENDOUS.

I can see the split with Dallas they have Wright and Crowder starting and they arent as experienced but talented. OJ Mayo is going nuts quietly thats going to be an issue for the Knicks.
I think you missed the point where I was agreeing with you lol I said we should blow them out. They have talent but their players who would pose any threat are banged up and we are just a way better team than they are. No way we should lose that game...but then again, didn't they beat us last year with less talent?

As for OJ Mayo...Who said we should have traded for him when we had the chance....THIS GUY!

Can't wait for Shump to return.

This. And I hope Woody puts him in the starting lineup once he's 100%. I don't wanna see no BS about starting Kidd still and making Shumpert into "a spark off the bench."

Clutch
11-08-2012, 11:22 AM
I just played with the Knicks against Mavs on NBA 2K13 and I won 96-80.

I hope the real outcome of the game will be something similar,at least it was in the first 3 games.

I think this might be the toughest test so far. Of course Miami is better than them but I'm really curious to see if we can maintain this level of play and for how long.
We're the only unbeaten team in the league so everyone is going for our heads,they will play even harder against us.

knickscity
11-08-2012, 12:13 PM
One thing i am enjoying early on in this season is the Knicks are not changing their gameplan just because the opponent is different.

Woodson has his guys he's rolling with early in the game, and a set way of how they are going to play.

No more adjusting to the opponent, they must adjust to us.

I also think the Knicks post their highest margin of victory tomorrow as well.

Rameek
11-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Franchise the only part I disagree with was about New Orleans...

I wont lie I wouldnt have mined them trading for Mayo but it would have depended on the price. The first 2 years he was exceptional but after that there just wasnt much talent shown in the role he had.

Knickcity I do agree with your point its good the knicks dictate what they want to do instead of the other way around. But I do think its because 2 starters and 2 bench players are out not like he has many choices based on talent.

Clutch
11-08-2012, 01:17 PM
One thing i am enjoying early on in this season is the Knicks are not changing their gameplan just because the opponent is different.

Woodson has his guys he's rolling with early in the game, and a set way of how they are going to play.

No more adjusting to the opponent, they must adjust to us.

I also think the Knicks post their highest margin of victory tomorrow as well.
That's not an easy thing to do. I doubt we'll beat them by 22+ points.
I would be happy with a win,no matter if it's 1 or 50 point win.
Actually I would maybe even prefer a 1 point win,I want to see a close game.

Usually I'm all nervous during games but with the Knicks winning by 20 points in the first 3 games I have never felt so calm. I actually miss being nervous once in a while :lol

franchize
11-08-2012, 03:58 PM
That's not an easy thing to do. I doubt we'll beat them by 22+ points.
I would be happy with a win,no matter if it's 1 or 50 point win.
Actually I would maybe even prefer a 1 point win,I want to see a close game.

Usually I'm all nervous during games but with the Knicks winning by 20 points in the first 3 games I have never felt so calm. I actually miss being nervous once in a while :lol

You shut your mouth right now lol :no: Don't you jinx us!

I wont lie I wouldnt have mined them trading for Mayo but it would have depended on the price. The first 2 years he was exceptional but after that there just wasnt much talent shown in the role he had.

Supposedly, two years ago we balked on the opportunity of trading for Mayo for Landry Fields. Mayo's drop in production and demotion came because of that off the court stuff; not because of his play on the court.

The Mavs game will be a tought one. They are overachieving just like us and have veteran guys who have pride and toughness too. Rick Carlisle teams don't just lay down. He's a top 5 coach in the league IMO

Clutch
11-08-2012, 04:25 PM
You shut your mouth right now lol :no: Don't you jinx us!

I remember knickscity jinxed us last season :lol

There was a bunch of overreaction threads at the start of the season. He bumped them all after we started winning. The moment after he did that we lost to New Orleans which ended our (I think) 7 game winning streak.

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=252534

Scoooter
11-08-2012, 05:50 PM
I wanted Mayo at one point. Mayo and Dragic.

Those were the days.

franchize
11-08-2012, 09:11 PM
I wanted Mayo at one point. Mayo and Dragic.

Those were the days.
That would be nice backcourt!

bluechox2
11-19-2012, 04:21 AM
9-1 anybody? we should be able to knock out hornets and mavs

both will be tough and probably be decided in less than 10 points

Clutch
11-19-2012, 06:07 AM
9-1 anybody? we should be able to knock out hornets and mavs

both will be tough and probably be decided in less than 10 points
9-1 would be awesome but it will definitely be tough. I would be ok with 8-2 but we should be aiming for 9-1.

knickscity
11-19-2012, 06:18 AM
With the next 7 games coming up, the Knicks very well could lose just one....

@No
@Dallas possible loss.
@Houston
Detroit
@Brooklyn
Milwaukee
@Washington

A legit chance to open the first month at 14-1? Unreal.

Clutch
11-19-2012, 06:33 AM

@No
@Dallas possible loss.
@Houston
Detroit
@Brooklyn
Milwaukee
@Washington

I just want to smash Houston,Brooklyn and Milwaukee. If we do that I don't care how the rest of them will play out :lol

franchize
11-19-2012, 10:35 AM
I just want to smash Houston,Brooklyn and Milwaukee. If we do that I don't care how the rest of them will play out :lol
I want to beat Brooklyn and Houston too lol

I think the toughest games are Brooklyn, Houston and Milwaukee ironically. This Hornets game worries me because, while they suck, they have some nice young talent that could sneak up on you.

Clutch
11-19-2012, 11:08 AM
I want to beat Brooklyn and Houston too lol

I think the toughest games are Brooklyn, Houston and Milwaukee ironically. This Hornets game worries me because, while they suck, they have some nice young talent that could sneak up on you.
Hornets play hard,especially on their home court. Knicks need to be extremely careful. Pistons and Wizards shouldn't give us problems.

Rameek
11-19-2012, 03:01 PM

@No
@Dallas possible loss.
@Houston
Detroit
@Brooklyn
Milwaukee
@Washington

Now the Knicks are going to be tested with a real NBA schedule.

20th 8:00 PM @No
21st 8:30 PM @Dallas
23rd 8:00 PM @Houston
25th 1:00 PM Detroit
26th 7:00 PM @Brooklyn
28th 8:00 PM Milwaukee
30th 7:30 PM @Washington

5-2 isnt bad. Dallas, Brooklyn, Milwaukee based on talent could be tough but 7 games in 10 days is a tough feat with this older team and the unwillingness of Woodson to adjust Melo's position based on opponent.

The Knicks has to beat NO, Houston, Detroit, Washington because they are just not talented. That should be 4 wins.

Dallas 2nd night of a back to back on the road wont be mad if they lose. Milwaukee has feasted on the drudges of the league but confidence can go a long way. Brooklyn has a big front court.

I think teams with talented or big bruising front courts will give the Knicks issues. So I would imagine Dallas and Brooklyn would have the best chances to beat the Knicks.

Clutch
11-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Now the Knicks are going to be tested with a real NBA schedule.

20th 8:00 PM @No
21st 8:30 PM @Dallas
23rd 8:00 PM @Houston
25th 1:00 PM Detroit
26th 7:00 PM @Brooklyn
28th 8:00 PM Milwaukee
30th 7:30 PM @Washington

5-2 isnt bad. Dallas, Brooklyn, Milwaukee based on talent could be tough but 7 games in 10 days is a tough feat with this older team and the unwillingness of Woodson to adjust Melo's position based on opponent.

The Knicks has to beat NO, Houston, Detroit, Washington because they are just not talented. That should be 4 wins.

Dallas 2nd night of a back to back on the road wont be mad if they lose. Milwaukee has feasted on the drudges of the league but confidence can go a long way. Brooklyn has a big front court.

I think teams with talented or big bruising front courts will give the Knicks issues. So I would imagine Dallas and Brooklyn would have the best chances to beat the Knicks.
Yeah,big bruising Lopez and Humphries. Softest froncourt in the league :oldlol:
One is a 7 footer who grabs 5 rebounds in 30+ minutes and the second one is more famous for his marriage than for his play.
Just because they are tall it doesn't mean they play like it.

Rameek
11-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah,big bruising Lopez and Humphries. Softest froncourt in the league :oldlol:
One is a 7 footer who grabs 5 rebounds in 30+ minutes and the second one is more famous for his marriage than for his play.
Just because they are tall it doesn't mean they play like it.
Its ok I said talented or bruising.... If you dont think much of the BK Nets front court its fine.:coleman: :roll:

blablabla
11-19-2012, 05:41 PM

@No
@Dallas possible loss.
@Houston
Detroit
@Brooklyn
Milwaukee
@Washington

Dallas will be the 2nd night of a b2b, we will probably lose that one
Brooklyn will be tough also a b2b
Milwaukee is playing great basketball right now but we are playing at home and they don't have a great frontcourt that could beat us on the boards
So i hope they go 5-2 but 4-3 would not be that bad

Sarcastic
11-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Dallas will be the 2nd night of a b2b, we will probably lose that one
Brooklyn will be tough also a b2b
Milwaukee is playing great basketball right now but we are playing at home and they don't have a great frontcourt that could beat us on the boards
So i hope they go 5-2 but 4-3 would not be that bad

Brooklyn is a B2B, but it's a home game.

bluechox2
11-20-2012, 12:48 AM
We need to beat buck nets and rockets for sure , keep them from gaining confidence .

I think our defense can handle the wiz and pistons like we did to the pacers

Hornets may try to surprise us with their youth and agility but they are also young and inexperienced so we should get many steals and to's that game to finish them off

airchibundo507
11-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Can't sleep on the Pistons. They started out the season playing well below expectations. They've got a mix of young talent and veterans and they have been turning it around as of late.

Last 4 games:

vs Thunder L 96-98
@ Sixers W 94-76
vs Orlando L 106-110
vs Boston W 103-83

This is not going to be a cakewalk as we are expecting.

Thus said, we should take games one at a time and play hard defense every damn possession.

Da KO King
11-20-2012, 02:36 PM

Amare could have done more but Lin did a horrible job as well

franchize
11-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Agree with me or not, I'm not looking forward to Chandler having to guard Brook Lopez. Sure he leaves a lot to be desired effort and rebounding wise, but his skillset is far above Tyson Chandler's. Chandler better be on his A game. We don't have the luxury of helping this game. They have too many other options.

One thing I AM looking forward to is not having to put Lin on Deron lol. If you remember, Deron had a personal vendetta out for Lin last time lmao. You could tell he had some ill intentions and frustrations to take out on him. :oldlol: I really started to feel bad for Lin after a while. He had like 35 in like 3 quarters lol

Rameek
11-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Can't sleep on the Pistons. They started out the season playing well below expectations. They've got a mix of young talent and veterans and they have been turning it around as of late.

Last 4 games:

vs Thunder L 96-98
@ Sixers W 94-76
vs Orlando L 106-110
vs Boston W 103-83

This is not going to be a cakewalk as we are expecting.

Thus said, we should take games one at a time and play hard defense every damn possession.
I do respect Monroe but those other guys are just not that talented. I think people dont really prepare for them people overlook that game.:roll:

I agree Franchise the Knicks have to be really careful with the Nets.The Knicks gotta do a better job rebounding and then stop Deron Lopez.

Clutch
11-21-2012, 12:15 AM
8-1 baby :rockon:

bluechox2
11-21-2012, 02:34 AM
dallas is gonna be tough, they will look to avenge their earlier loss to us, we cannot come out slow or its gonna be over before it started...we need to get on them fast and not have any lapses the entire game.

i like how everyone booked dallas and sixers to be one of those really good teams able to take it far before the season started and after the knicks steam rolled all of them, they are never mentioned again...knicks only managed to knock out the "wasnt feeling it" heat and spurs as our legit wins for those analysts... trying ways to take away the value of our wins

franchize
11-21-2012, 10:08 AM
dallas is gonna be tough, they will look to avenge their earlier loss to us, we cannot come out slow or its gonna be over before it started...we need to get on them fast and not have any lapses the entire game.

i like how everyone booked dallas and sixers to be one of those really good teams able to take it far before the season started and after the knicks steam rolled all of them, they are never mentioned again...knicks only managed to knock out the "wasnt feeling it" heat and spurs as our legit wins for those analysts... trying ways to take away the value of our wins

Well in actuality, neither of those teams are at full strength. I still think Dallas will be better than people give the mcredit for. I think Philly should trade Bynum for a few pieces though. I don't think he fits their team.

bluechox2
11-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Well in actuality, neither of those teams are at full strength. I still think Dallas will be better than people give the mcredit for. I think Philly should trade Bynum for a few pieces though. I don't think he fits their team.
i guess thats out of the question now that hes gonna be out for the whole year

The 76ers let Andrew Bynum break the news about the latest setback with his damaged knees on Friday, then acted as if they weren’t sure what was going on with the guy they’re paying $16.5 million this season. The truth is that the 7-foot, 285-pound former All-Star center who has yet to play a game as a Sixer may be out for the season and will learn in December, at the earliest, whether he’ll require surgery that could sideline him for up to a year. Delaware News Journal

franchize
11-21-2012, 11:00 AM
i guess thats out of the question now that hes gonna be out for the whole year
He's a lazy POS. Why are you waiting till December? Furthermore, he waited until 3 weeks before training camp to have that procedure overseas done. I walways thought he was way overrated. This certainly doesn't change my mind. What's gotta suck for Sixers fans even more is how nonchalant and apathetic he seems about it.

knickscity
11-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Lakers look so smart with that trade.

Bynum is done, but his talent can't be allowed to just walk away.

Howard has a shot to regain his form, but he is still the best in the game at his position.

Poor Philly....sike.

:D

bluechox2
11-22-2012, 02:02 AM
i had a feeling knicks would lose, and loss number 2 goes on woodson again...this time for burning 8 guys after playing a game the night before...glad he admit it though, said in postgame we lost because of bad coaching... we got camby, prigs, thomas who can give you 5 minutes atleast with some extra fresh legs, but he played like it was game 5 in the playoffs.

ill take 8-2 though, we better seriously rough up houston on friday

Clutch
11-22-2012, 05:01 AM
I'm ok with the loss if we beat Houston on Friday and Detroit on Sunday.
That would put us at 10-2 which is a great record.

But I really want to beat Houston. Raymond Felton destroying Lin would also be nice to see.

MightyWhitey
11-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Knicks may end up 8-2 the first ten games. I think they can beat Dallas in MSG but not in Dallas. San Antonio may pose the biggest obstacle though.

I guess I was almost on the money. 8-2 is not a bad start to the season.

bluechox2
11-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I guess I was almost on the money. 8-2 is not a bad start to the season.
nice call:applause: