PDA

View Full Version : How the hell do the Rockets already have such good chemistry?

Clippersfan86
11-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Biggest thing about them that's impressed me is their chemistry. Not only their flow on the court but the bench and off the court they seem to genuinely get along very well, even the new guys.

I know people will mention it's only been 2 games but that's even more reason to be impressed that it's coming together so smoothly. Harden proved many including me wrong too. I thought he could make a couple all star teams and be a top 5 SG... but gah damn dude looks like the best SG of the next decade and a top 10 player potentially :bowdown: .

kNIOKAS
11-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Ask Celtics.

For reley tho, bunch of european scrubs and an general consideration they are underdogs does this.

Zedja
11-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Biggest thing about them that's impressed me is their chemistry. Not only their flow on the court but the bench and off the court they seem to genuinely get along very well, even the new guys.

I know people will mention it's only been 2 games but that's even more reason to be impressed that it's coming together so smoothly. Harden proved many including me wrong too. I thought he could make a couple all star teams and be a top 5 SG... but gah damn dude looks like the best SG of the next decade and a top 10 player potentially :bowdown: .
Must... get... Harden on my Fantasy team :banghead: :banghead:

TheMarkMadsen
11-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Ill wait to judge Harden until mid point of the season.

I've seen plent of sub par players go off for stetches of a season, terrel brandon anyone?

Although I think James Harden can be a big time player we'll have to wait & see if he can lead a team to the playoffs in the west. There are plenty of good sg's puttingup big numbers on fringe playoff teams, monte ellis comes to mind.

I think we need more time before we write it in stone that Harden is a prime time go to player who can lead a team to the playoffs.

But of course once he does that he'll possibly become the guy who can't make it out of the first round..or second round

Just wait, people will turn on Harden soon enough.

dbk123
11-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Harden>kobe

could pass wade as the season goes on

b0bab0i
11-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Harden>kobe

could pass wade as the season goes on
I agree with the bolded statement.

TheMarkMadsen
11-02-2012, 09:38 PM
I agree with the bolded statement.

And now he's officially overrated.

IGotACoolStory
11-02-2012, 09:40 PM
This isn't 2009. Harden is already better than Wade and is reaching peak Kobe territory right now.

worldbefree
11-02-2012, 09:41 PM
This isn't 2009. Harden is already better than Wade and is reaching peak Kobe territory right now.

You must be trolling.

Clippersfan86
11-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Harden with 38 so far carrying Rockets to win! BEAST MODE!

flipogb
11-02-2012, 09:56 PM
keeping things simple, and having a kind of bare roster also helps so everyone
can get comfortable with their roles.

wish the Lakers could keep things simple too

niko
11-02-2012, 09:59 PM
It's not good chemisty, it's Harden in beast mode.

O_City_Thunder
11-02-2012, 10:55 PM
How the hell do the Rockets already have such good chemistry?
Just give the ball to James Harden and get out the way.

Graviton
11-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Kevin Mchale is just an amazing coach, should win COTY. Much better than Mark Jackson so far.

redhonda76
11-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Houston's game flow so much better when either Harden or Lin is on the floor and run the offense. When both of them are out and had Tony Douglas control the offense, it was chaos. Example of that was the Detroit game.

RRR3
11-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Must... get... Harden on my Fantasy team :banghead: :banghead:
I thought you didn't have time for fantasy, ninja?

Anyways I have HardGOAT on my fantasy team. :D :rockon:

Pointguard
11-02-2012, 11:22 PM

I think they are very well constructed team so there is natural flow. While I thought Harden was the second most important Thunder (primarily because of smarts/calm/controlled creativity) I never seen this coming. I now have him at 27ppg 6asst 6rebs and the ability to be a top five player this year. Originally I was thinking 21/5/5.

bagelred
11-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Does anyone want to give Daryl Morey credit for always making the right moves? So unappreciated.

scandisk_
11-02-2012, 11:31 PM
http://www.exgeeinteractive.com/nyehehehe.jpg

redhonda76
11-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Does anyone want to give Daryl Morey credit for always making the right moves? So unappreciated.

He released Livingston and kept Toney Douglas. :D

Whoah10115
11-03-2012, 12:08 AM

Yea, Livingston is a better backup PG. Douglas is a solid backup combo guard, I think. Livingston looked like he was eager and ready to be great for the Rockets this year.

Droid101
11-03-2012, 12:33 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-7wtb53FVK1k/UJSeVO5v9JI/AAAAAAAAe1U/RFitPq_aWwc/s359/Harden.png

Sam Presti developing heartburn.

I<3NBA
11-03-2012, 04:26 AM
when you have smart players running the offense, that's what happens. we all knew Harden was a good decision maker. and so is Lin. anytime those 2 are in the floor, you're just going to think the team has played with each other for years.

brandonislegend
11-03-2012, 04:32 AM

Who cares?

They should be playing Scott Machado. Dude is a PLAYMAKER.

spiegel
11-03-2012, 04:38 AM
It's simple

Lin playmaker sewcond bannana to harden
Harden franchise baller
Parsons good role player who can do a variety of roles
Patterson solid role player
Asik monster on the boards

Everyone know their roles and do it well.None forcesanything and we move the ball well and run at every chance. Unselfish group of players.

TOUCH MY BODY
11-03-2012, 04:39 AM
The great chemistry is created by Linsanity :bowdown:

Cermet
11-03-2012, 05:42 AM
If they refuse to play Motiejunas they should just trade him. Wasting a good play , dumb ****s

Eric Cartman
11-03-2012, 05:46 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-7wtb53FVK1k/UJSeVO5v9JI/AAAAAAAAe1U/RFitPq_aWwc/s359/Harden.png

Sam Presti developing heartburn.

Imagine if there was someway that they could have all 3, wait ...

bluechox2
11-03-2012, 05:55 AM

trade away durrant, he be dropping 50-60...

you play within your own team, and harden would never get his on OKC...

Graviton
11-03-2012, 06:07 AM
But they would lose the great DWIGHT STOPPA PERKINS!

webberz0044
11-03-2012, 06:21 AM
While they have looked pretty good let's not forget that they have played two lottery bound teams.

niko
11-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Harden is due to the fact he is a ****ing super beast. Chemistry is due to playing crappy teams and Harden being a super beast.

Is the chemistry thing a roundabout way to give Lin credit for Harden getting 45 a game?

plUto or bUst
11-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Harden is due to the fact he is a ****ing super beast. Chemistry is due to playing crappy teams and Harden being a super beast.

Is the chemistry thing a roundabout way to give Lin credit for Harden getting 45 a game?

Harden is beasting but Lin is still the point guard. Have you seen how the rockets offense looks with Douglas instead of Lin?

That said, any decent PG would probably look pretty good with Harden.

redhonda76
11-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Who cares?

They should be playing Scott Machado. Dude is a PLAYMAKER.

That's exactly my point. You see how the offense flows with Douglas instead of Lin? Douglas is a combo guard who can't shoot and can't run a team and gave the Rockets nothing at all. They should have kept Livingston who is a much better playmaker than Douglas.

DStebb716
11-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Well their backcourt has already appeared in 3 movies together so that's why they look so good together..

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mco374wAf81rsn1y9o1_1280.jpg

fatboy11
11-03-2012, 11:39 AM
It's not good chemisty, it's Harden in beast mode.

Watch the games. They have great chemistry. Even rookies like Royce White (aren't playing) are being very positive on Twitter.

Lin has been good. Asik has been good. Harden has been fantastic. Ironically, this team will probably be right back where they were before all the moves were made (12-14 spot in the lottery).

FKAri
11-03-2012, 12:11 PM

I would give Lin some credit for it. He gave Harden some great passes in the open court and on back cuts in both games. The kind of stuff you wouldn't expect from two guys who just started playing together.

SpecialQue
11-03-2012, 12:23 PM
They look great together, but I noticed a few times when Lin was trying to "get his," which led to a turnover. I'm a little surprised at how much I enjoyed their last two games. I despise Harden, but fvck if I haven't enjoyed watching him on this team.

Fiasco
11-03-2012, 12:49 PM
You've never seen Rush Hour before?

JellyBean
11-03-2012, 12:58 PM
No major divas.......yet.

BlueCrayon
11-03-2012, 03:09 PM

:rolleyes: Your bitterness is way too obvious here. At least make an effort to try to hide it.

Bandito
11-03-2012, 05:27 PM
The next big Duo , Harden and Lin. The Hardlin duo. This stuff will be told as a legend, next to MJ and Pippen stories in the NBA legendary book.

westside_baller
11-03-2012, 05:42 PM

The crazy part is, they DON'T have optimal chemistry yet.

Harden's turning the ball over like crazy, and JLin is still looking for his offensive game.

westside_baller
11-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Well their backcourt has already appeared in 3 movies together so that's why they look so good together..

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mco374wAf81rsn1y9o1_1280.jpg

This is too good. The shoops on ISH are the funniest on the web.

TheBigVeto
11-04-2012, 06:10 PM
You remember all those stories about Larry Bird joining the Celtics and immediately turned the franchise around with his contagious team-first passing and greatness?

Jeremy Lin is doing the same.

When it's all said and done, Jeremy Lin will be mentioned on the same level as Larry Bird, probably even better.

NJW1247
11-04-2012, 06:12 PM
You remember all those stories about Larry Bird joining the Celtics and immediately turned the franchise around with his contagious team-first passing and greatness?

When it's all said and done, Jeremy Lin will be mentioned on the same level as Larry Bird, probably even better.

Hilarious :lol

ripthekik
11-04-2012, 07:19 PM

the fucck?

come on man, he's more like Magic.

AK47DR91
11-04-2012, 09:28 PM
the fucck?

come on man, he's more like Magic.
Lin can't be like Magic. He's still a virgin. :lol

Burgz V2
11-04-2012, 10:23 PM
a lot of their players have something to prove, makes them buy into team basketball in order to help achieve that