11-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Spare us from the excuses.

josh99
11-03-2012, 12:59 AM
:( this shit ain't fun
:roll:

TheFan
11-03-2012, 01:02 AM
yeah ... its like he turned into a 6'9 version of Bynum.

All Net
11-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Dwight is not the problem..

Heavincent
11-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Kobe carrying scrubs to a sixth title. :bowdown:

To be fair, Kobe is the only guy on the team who has played consistently good ball through 3 games.

scandisk_
11-03-2012, 01:09 AM
what more do you need? :oldlol:

IGOTGAME
11-03-2012, 01:21 AM
He is not close to 100%. He isn't rotating like normal out there.

NumberSix
11-03-2012, 01:23 AM
This is not a bad loss. It just looks bad after losing to Dirkless Mavs and the blazers.

KOBE143
11-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Bring back Bynum..

Clippersfan86
11-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Refs finally called him for all his clearouts he does illegally every night. Until the end of course where he got away with 3 hard fouls and didn't get called for anything

therammingman
11-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Dwight is not the problem..

this is true

brandonislegend
11-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Refs finally called him for all his clearouts he does illegally every night. Until the end of course where he got away with 3 hard fouls and didn't get called for anything

How about his first 2 fouls?

Noof
11-03-2012, 01:31 AM
Dude, Bynum hasn't played a single game. If we had him our defense would be even worse. And remember how he would hold the ball in the post while triple or double teamed and refuse to pass, leading to a turnover?

Kobe 4 The Win
11-03-2012, 01:33 AM
All they do is pass the ball around the perimeter. Why can't they pass the ball into the post? They are playing outside-in instead of inside-out. Ass backwards. Howard will be fine in time. The bench sucks nuts, our offense is ill conceived, we are old and we have a weak retard for a coach. We will improve but it' gonna be too little too late. Unnaceptable for a team with this much talent. Mike Brown fired by the all star break.

devin112
11-03-2012, 01:41 AM
How about his first 2 fouls?

U want some Chipotle? JCrossover owes Gay sum...

http://i.imgur.com/MsGrV.jpg

Clippersfan86
11-03-2012, 01:42 AM
U want some Chipotle? JCrossover owes Gay sum...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Mr. Jabbar
11-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Lol Howard is the least of our issues, he has done great back from rehab imo.

Bigsmoke
11-03-2012, 01:51 AM
lol Bynum is hurt.

MavsSuperFan
11-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Maybe Skip and Shaq were right about Howard not being the best big man in the game.

longtime lurker
11-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Is the OP stupid? Seriously overreaction thread. Wait until the Lakers start rolling everyone will be singing a different tune.

Rubio2Gasol
11-03-2012, 02:33 AM
He is a better fit.

Whenever he decides to start being the defensive leader he supposedly is , you will see it. Defensive leader don't just play defense , a defensive leader needs to make other people plY defense as well.

He's rebounding and getting some blocks but this is why I appreciate someone like Noah who just makes guys want to get out on the court and ay defense.

Also , bigs need to catch the ball.

leopoldstotch
11-03-2012, 02:37 AM
so Howard left Orlando for this? :lol

Marv_Albert
11-03-2012, 05:12 AM
Howard's the only one putting in work

senelcoolidge
11-03-2012, 05:24 AM
All they do is pass the ball around the perimeter. Why can't they pass the ball into the post? They are playing outside-in instead of inside-out. Ass backwards. Howard will be fine in time. The bench sucks nuts, our offense is ill conceived, we are old and we have a weak retard for a coach. We will improve but it' gonna be too little too late. Unnaceptable for a team with this much talent. Mike Brown fired by the all star break.

Welcome to the Princeton Offense. It's a motion offense. Lot's of passing. Not much in the post.

rhythmic
11-03-2012, 05:36 AM
Dwight has been great.
I didn't even expect him to be this good early on.

Pau? Bench? Nash underutilized? Those are problems.
But Mike Brown is our biggest problem...

JohnnySic
11-03-2012, 07:21 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277922
:roll: :no:

Kujo
11-03-2012, 08:10 AM
The Lakers bench still sucks. That much is evident.

They need to ditch this Princeton offense non-sense, and play to the strengths of the roster.

Pick n Roll with Dwight, and Gasol should be deadly once Nash returns.

Walker
11-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Very simple reasons why LA haven't won.
Vs Clips Bryant had more shots than Howard and Gasol combined. Artest even got more looks than them.
The other two games, Brown is not letting Nash do his thing. Give Nash the keys this team won't lose more than 12 games the rest of the season.

Nick Young
11-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Maybe Skip and Shaq were right about Howard not being the best big man in the game.
I knew this, hardly anyone ever watched boring Orlando games, so they gave D12 all this credit he didn't deserve. He still sucks on offense and is pretty good on D but not All-world level.

If the whole team is a bunch of perimeter shooters and one bigman of course howard will get good stats. Bynum is the best center in the league WHEN HEALTHY, Howard is the second best center in the league and doesn't get hurt that much, knock on wood. So Lakers downgraded slightly for more consistency.

Umad101
11-03-2012, 08:48 AM
:wtf:
Is the OP stupid? Seriously overreaction thread. Wait until the Lakers start rolling everyone will be singing a different tune.
Of course it's an overreaction thread dumbass just having fun would never want Bynum back

longtime lurker
11-03-2012, 10:04 AM
:wtf:
Of course it's an overreaction thread dumbass just having fun would never want Bynum back

LOL okay it's hard to tell sarcasm on this site

Umad101
11-03-2012, 10:17 AM
LOL okay it's hard to tell sarcasm on this site
No problem my dude. I agree Howard doesn't exactly look like hisself on the court but once he returns to his old self ppl would definitely be singing a different tune

Godzuki
11-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Bynum's better than Howard. if he were playing he'd be putting up monster numbers and balling for Philly. he's the biggest freak who has it the easiest to impact a game. Howard works twice as hard to be less of a force. his downsides are pretty big tho with his lazy attitude and injury prone.

people are more caught up in Dwights name value than how much they're impacting the game when they're in there. Bynum was a much bigger mismatch, howard being injured and rusty or not.

Kobe 4 The Win
11-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the Princeton Offense. It's a motion offense. Lot's of passing. Not much in the post.

The f**k sense does that make when you have Howard, Gasol and Kobe who can post up anyone in the NBA and be successful? These guys need to run an offense similar to Houston with Hakeem. Inside out.

sodapop
11-03-2012, 11:09 AM
It's more the the Lakers fault than Dwight. Dwight is doing fine. The Lakers have three serious problems. 1. The bench. There's no motivation. I remember past Lakers benches were fired up and ready to come off the bench to help. The last three yrs., Lakers bench players look pathetic and low self esteem. Did someone die sitting on the bench? 2. Head coach Mike Brown a.k.a The Micromanagement Coach of the NBA. Mike Brown gotta go! He's not ready to coach a elite franchise team. He's better off coaching a small market team, get more experience and slowly move up the ladder. Coaching the Cavs with LeBron James isn't enough to be a coach in L.A.. Fire Brown now and throw everything, including the kitchen sink at Phil Jackson or get someone who's capable coaching an elite team. 3. Metta World Peace. Either replace the head coach or trade Metta. Lakers need more scoring from their forwards, especially the small forwards. Overall, it's the coaching fault, not Dwight. Mike Brown is the weakest link.

Jameerthefear
11-03-2012, 11:11 AM
I really expected Dwight to be terrible early on. But he's been decent. Bunch of crappy fouls called last night. But I didn't expect his defense to be this off though. It doesn't look spectacular. Whatever, only 3 game into an 82 game season.

Ikill
11-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Dude, Bynum hasn't played a single game. If we had him our defense would be even worse. And remember how he would hold the ball in the post while triple or double teamed and refuse to pass, leading to a turnover?
Dwight Howards a pretty big black hole too though

sodapop
11-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I really expected Dwight to be terrible early on. But he's been decent. Bunch of crappy fouls called last night. But I didn't expect his defense to be this off though. It doesn't look spectacular. Whatever, only 3 game into an 82 game season.

I agree, Dwight have been playing decent. AND he's not 100% healthy. Dwight and Kobe are hurt. I'm shocked the Lakers bench over the last 3 yrs. look like something or someone died. Being a Lakers player should be enough to spark the bench. What happened? I blame the coaching staff. I'm not a Lakers fan. However, I expect the highest degree from the Lakers. I feel like jumping through the T.V. screen, snatch off the Lakers jerseys from every player on that bench and tell them to get the F**K OUT! Turn around and fire Mike Brown. I know it's too early in the season. However, this does NOT look like the Lakers! This is unacceptable.

longtime lurker
11-03-2012, 11:43 AM
It's more the the Lakers fault than Dwight. Dwight is doing fine. The Lakers have three serious problems. 1. The bench. There's no motivation. I remember past Lakers benches were fired up and ready to come off the bench to help. The last three yrs., Lakers bench players look pathetic and low self esteem. Did someone die sitting on the bench? 2. Head coach Mike Brown a.k.a The Micromanagement Coach of the NBA. Mike Brown gotta go! He's not ready to coach a elite franchise team. He's better off coaching a small market team, get more experience and slowly move up the ladder. Coaching the Cavs with LeBron James isn't enough to be a coach in L.A.. Fire Brown now and throw everything, including the kitchen sink at Phil Jackson or get someone who's capable coaching an elite team. 3. Metta World Peace. Either replace the head coach or trade Metta. Lakers need more scoring from their forwards, especially the small forwards. Overall, it's the coaching fault, not Dwight. Mike Brown is the weakest link.

I'm with you on 1 and 2 but Phil Jackson is not the answer here. Steve Nash would be even more useless in the triangle. 3 would be nice, but who the hell is going to take on Artest's deal for two more years? The problem with the bench is that they're not getting consistent minutes and that leads back to the coach. The best teams in the league develop their bench while Mike Brown plays yoyo with his. The Lakers just need to get rid of Brown and hire any coach that will focus on defensive intensity and allow Steve Nash to run the offense.

ElPigto
11-03-2012, 11:50 AM
It's those idiot coaches that LA has. Seriously, who the ****s runs a motion offense when you have Steve Nash in the team? I swear Mike/Eddie are ****ing idiots. You need to run a team towards Nash's strengths. Maybe run some hybrid version of the triangle to get Kobe his looks every once in a while, but this offense is bullshit for a team with Steve Nash.

I swear, why would you waste his last years in the league with this bullshit. You have Howard and Nash on the same team, yet you put Howard in the high post and you put Nash in a position to bring up the ball and give it to someone else and watch (while moving every once in a while).

****ing idiots.

Carbine
11-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Dwight is doing 22/11/3 ast and almost 2.5 bocks a game. He has been absolutely fine.

The problem is this:

The best offense for Nash is not the best offense for Dwight, Pau or Kobe.

The best offense for Kobe, Dwight & Pau (the triangle) makes Nash virtually a spot up shooter. Which he's good at, but he won't be "Nash" in that role. Plus he gives you average at best defense on the other end.

Artest isn't complimenting any of those 4 either. They need a more athletic, better shooting small forward.

Still, with all that said, they're going to be right there at the end.

longtime lurker
11-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Dwight is doing 22/11/3 ast and almost 2.5 bocks a game. He has been absolutely fine.

The problem is this:

The best offense for Nash is not the best offense for Dwight, Pau or Kobe.

The best offense for Kobe, Dwight & Pau (the triangle) makes Nash virtually a spot up shooter. Which he's good at, but he won't be "Nash" in that role. Plus he gives you average at best defense on the other end.

Artest isn't complimenting any of those 4 either. They need a more athletic, better shooting small forward.

Still, with all that said, they're going to be right there at the end.

It's as simple as this when Nash is the game he should run the pick and roll with Howard which will lead get the defense into foul trouble. Sub Nash out and let Gasol and Kobe run the princeton offense. Nash shouldn't be playing more than 30 minutes a game. Spread out the remaining PG minutes between Meeks, Blake and Morris. Steve Blake should not get a lot of playing time.

sodapop
11-03-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm with you on 1 and 2 but Phil Jackson is not the answer here. Steve Nash would be even more useless in the triangle. 3 would be nice, but who the hell is going to take on Artest's deal for two more years? The problem with the bench is that they're not getting consistent minutes and that leads back to the coach. The best teams in the league develop their bench while Mike Brown plays yoyo with his. The Lakers just need to get rid of Brown and hire any coach that will focus on defensive intensity and allow Steve Nash to run the offense.

Well said. However, I think Steve Nash would be more useful in the triangle. He's one of the best all around PG in the game. He's more capable. I've seen two sides of Nash, the Mavs Nash and the Suns Nash. Highly experienced. Your last sentence was a home run, hire any coach that will focus on defensive intensity and allow Steve Nash to run the offense. Carbine, ElPigto, you and I agree on one thing. It's obviously clear, Mike Brown must GO!!

Carbine
11-03-2012, 12:19 PM
The problem with running pick and rolls is this:

1) Kobe has a high tendency to catch and hold the ball. He's a beastly triple threat player, so that's where he feels most comfortable. This is not ideal for when Nash kicks it out to him as it kills the flow of the offense.

2) Artest is a horrible fit.

3) It renders Dwight as simply a roll man. Regardless of what people say about his post game, he's extremely effective on the block. If you run pick and rolls he gets next to no touches except for the occasional dunk lob or offensive rebound.

4) Pau isn't exactly a great shooter. Nash at his best in the pick and roll has always had a stretch big on the floor with him. I think the opposing defense would take Pau shooting 20+ footers all day.

longtime lurker
11-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Well said. However, I think Steve Nash would be more useful in the triangle. He's one of the best all around PG in the game. He's more capable. I've seen two sides of Nash, the Mavs Nash and the Suns Nash. Highly experienced. Your last sentence was a home run, hire any coach that will focus on defensive intensity and allow Steve Nash to run the offense. Carbine, ElPigto, you and I agree on one thing. It's obviously clear, Mike Brown must GO!!

Well from the previous season it was obvious that Phil Jackson had checked out. Yes Nash is a great shooter so he'll fit in the triangle in that respect, but his defense is atrocious so the Lakers end up paying 8 million for a spot up shooter that can't play defense. The best way to maximize Nash is to play to his strengths so his offensive positives outweigh his defensive negatives. One thing that I do give Phil credit for is that he would tailor his game plan to his personnel while Mike Brown seems completely unwilling try something new when it's obvious his game plan isn't working. Kobe playing 40 minutes and keeping the team in the game is absolutely unnecessary when you have Gasol and Howard.

longtime lurker
11-03-2012, 12:42 PM
The problem with running pick and rolls is this:

1) Kobe has a high tendency to catch and hold the ball. He's a beastly triple threat player, so that's where he feels most comfortable. This is not ideal for when Nash kicks it out to him as it kills the flow of the offense.

2) Artest is a horrible fit.

3) It renders Dwight as simply a roll man. Regardless of what people say about his post game, he's extremely effective on the block. If you run pick and rolls he gets next to no touches except for the occasional dunk lob or offensive rebound.

4) Pau isn't exactly a great shooter. Nash at his best in the pick and roll has always had a stretch big on the floor with him. I think the opposing defense would take Pau shooting 20+ footers all day.

Well the beauty about the having 4 guys that can create offensive opportunities is that the Lakers don't have to exclusively rely on the pick and roll. Ideally they'd starting out with pick and roll with Dwight or pick and roll with Gasol (which is pretty unstoppable since Gasol is such a great passer) Honestly Mike Brown needs to monitor Nash's minutes or this whole project is going to fail before it starts. Nash should only play the first 8 minutes or so of the 1st quarter, Kobe can get his offense going any time he wants so when Nash leaves Kobe, Gasol and Howard can go nuts. We agree on Artest but if he consistently gets open shots he'll begin to knock them down at a good %. One last thing about the pick and roll, it will get the opponents into foul trouble which will open up things for Kobe to attack.

ILLsmak
11-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Howard's the only one putting in work

Howard and Kobe...

-Smak