PDA

View Full Version : its official. kobe bryant will break kareem abdul jabbars all time scoring record

kennethgriffin
11-05-2012, 07:31 PM
with his new plans to play till age 40. he will more than easly break the record of 38,387

current point total = 29,591 points

78 games left this season @ 27ppg = 2106 points

total by age 34 = 31,697 points

age 35-40 is 6 seasons

meaning kobe needs 6,691 points to break kareems record

which is an average of 13.5 ppg

:roll:

kobe could do that in a wheel chair.. even if kobe missed 20 games a season he would make up the difference since he wouldnt average anything less than 20ppg. basically for every 2 games kobe plays. he would cover the 13 points needed for every missed game ( 7+7= 14. 1 above the average needed )

that means kobe could actually miss 27.3 games per season and still break kareems record if he averages anything over 20ppg LOOOOOOOOL

Money 23
11-05-2012, 07:33 PM
That's 6 - 7 years from now till Kobe is 40.

Why don't you wait and see what mileage or potential injuries do to him before making this claim.

Oh, and MJ would've easily surpassed Kareem if he played in '94 and '95 averaged between 30 and 33 ppg, like he always did, and then hung around in '99, 2000, and 2001 averaging in the mid 20s.

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Pretty cool longevity record if he gets there.

kennethgriffin
11-05-2012, 07:35 PM

Why don't you wait and see what mileage or potential injuries do to him before making this claim.

Oh, and MJ would've easily surpassed Kareem if he played in '94 and '95 averaged between 30 and 33 ppg, then hung around in '99, 2000, and 2001 averaging in the mid 20s.

did you even read what i said?

if kobe averages 20+ppg till hes 40. he can miss 27.3 games per season and still break the record

potential injuries? LOL i'm expecting them. and they wont matter

and no way MJ comes close to breaking kareems record with those knees and his lack of heart. he was playing only on his 14th and 15th seasons with the wizards and his knees looked like they had 25 years of basketball mileage on them

plowking
11-05-2012, 07:38 PM
How would this make the Canadian Laker fans feel? Would you guys rejoice?

kennethgriffin
11-05-2012, 07:40 PM

lol its so funny how anything different to an american is considered wrong

typical americans and their discrimination. this is why the world hates you

"omg this guy is white, speaks english, lives in a country right next to mine and has nearly the exact same life style. but his flag has a leaf on it and mine has stars and stripes. so he must be weird!"

:lol

f*ckin dumba** americans

atleast i hate america for a reason. theres no reason to hate canada

RRR3
11-05-2012, 07:40 PM
If Kobe knew about your creepy (bordering on vicarious) obsession with him, I think he'd slap the piss out of you, Kenny. Chill out, please, don't make threads every time a thought enters your head. Please, I beg of you, for the sanity of ISH

Also, Plowking is Australian, there goes that insult :lol

kennethgriffin
11-05-2012, 07:44 PM
If Kobe knew about your creepy (bordering on vicarious) obsession with him, I think he'd slap the piss out of you, Kenny. Chill out, please, don't make threads every time a thought enters your head. Please, I beg of you, for the sanity of ISH

Also, Plowking is Australian, there goes that insult :lol

sorry. location "its about damn time" threw me off i guess

but that makes it even worse considering hes got a sanfransisco 49'ers logo and hes talking trash that a guy not inside the states likes the lakers

hypocrites are even worse than discriminators

Money 23
11-05-2012, 07:45 PM
and no way MJ comes close to breaking kareems record with those knees and his lack of heart.
Bad knees? He didn't sustain a major knee injury until he was 39 years old.

He missed NO GAMES as a 33, 34, and 35 year old.

Was the best player on a championship team, and was getting swept or spanked in the 2nd round.

Lack of heart? He literally WILLED his virtually Pippen less team to a championship as a 35 year old and then had the HEART and the balls to challenge a generation damn near half his age a half decade later as a 39 and 40 year old ...

And pre injury was as good or better than all of them.

So please ... no heart, hah :oldlol:

No heart is VISIBLY quitting in the 2nd half of a game 7

He had no innovative plasma knee surgeries from Germany ... he didn't get blessed with the best and most dominant Center in the game in the twilight of his career, while also having one of the best PFs.

He sat out 3 YEARS of basketball, got FAT and still came back and played at a high level.

If he stayed in shape and just balled to pad his career numbers or shoot for the all-time scoring record in 99, 2000, and 2001 and played to 40 years old. It would've been his. Do the math.

If he played in '94 and '95 averaging his 90's numbers of 30 - 33 ppg, it would've been a lock.

RRR3
11-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Did Kenny just say Michael F'ing Jordan had no heart? :biggums:

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2012, 07:48 PM

I doubt many Canadian Laker fans care that much about KAJ.

:confusedshrug:

I'm going of on the assumption that many of them are a younger generation who haven't looked up that much on the history of the NBA.

senelcoolidge
11-05-2012, 07:50 PM
You guys know that even if he broke that scoring record he would not be in the same tier of greats such as Kareem, Wilt, and MJ. Just like Karl Malone is #2 on the all time scoring list but he's not in the same realm as those guys.

plowking
11-05-2012, 07:51 PM
sorry. location "its about damn time" threw me off i guess

but that makes it even worse considering hes got a sanfransisco 49'ers logo and hes talking trash that a guy not inside the states likes the lakers

hypocrites are even worse than discriminators

lol... took it harshly I see.

You have a Canadian team to embrace. If there ever was an Australian NBA team to form, I'd be all over supporting them.

plowking
11-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I doubt many Canadian Laker fans care that much about KAJ.

:confusedshrug:

I'm going of on the assumption that many of them are a younger generation who haven't looked up that much on the history of the NBA.

:oldlol:

I was yanking his chain, but he took it fairly harshly lol...

KyrieTheFuture
11-05-2012, 07:55 PM
It will have only taken him 100,000 more shots to do so. Now that's the real accomplishment.

Mr. Jabbar
11-05-2012, 07:57 PM
AllTimeScoringRecordBe

pretty catchy nickname

NumberSix
11-05-2012, 07:59 PM

You have a Canadian team to embrace. If there ever was an Australian NBA team to form, I'd be all over supporting them.
Dude, Canada is a big country. What if he's from Vancouver? That's closer to Portland or LA than it is to Toronto.

NumberSix
11-05-2012, 08:00 PM
VolumeBe

kennethgriffin
11-05-2012, 08:01 PM

well its like this. i started watching as a casual fan of shaq and penny. and cheered a bit for the magic. this was before canada had a team

then when shaq went to LA i fallowed him. he was sort of my favorite player at the time and i didnt have a favorite team really.

and whatever you start to fallow. it wont change just because theres a new team that enters the nba thats closer to you.

maybe if in 1993 the raptors were in toronto things might have been different

but i slowly migrated to becoming a full time laker fan. and just when the raptors got going with vince i was already fallowing the kobe/shaq lakers as a hardcore fan

its kind of like the senators in ottawa. before they existed there was only the leafs to cheer for. and some people in ottawa who were fans of them stuck with them. even if theres a team thats closer to them now.

kennethgriffin
11-05-2012, 08:04 PM
It will have only taken him 100,000 more shots to do so. Now that's the real accomplishment.

so now only big men who shoot 5 feet away from the basket can have records?

:lol

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM

I was yanking his chain, but he took it fairly harshly lol...

True.

I'm Canadian too and I've met a lot of supposed Laker fans in Toronto... some of whom don't have a clue about guys like KAJ.

You have a Canadian team to embrace.

That doesn't mean everyone in Canada will support the Raptors. I can clearly understand this if there are Canadians that don't live Toronto and will decide to root for another and more popular team. A team with a lot of history and a tradition of winning.

Rival cities like Montreal and Vancouver, I doubt would have a lot of Raptor fans there too. I mean, sure there are Raptor fans, but not

Infact, I've seen people in Toronto and RL friends root for different teams like the Lakers, Boston, Miami, and even the Clippers too. I might not like that, but I can't stop them from liking what they want to like.

It's kinda of like the Lakers have fans all over the world and have never been to LA.

Not saying that's "right" when you have a team in your city.

If Ken wants to support Lakers, go ahead... I'm pretty sure he even mentioned he doesn't live in Toronto. Nobody needs to criticize him for that.

EnoughSaid likes the Heat because of Dwyane Wade and he lives in Cincinnati... Well why not like the Cavs ? Maybe because they have a rivalry with the other city and he wasn't all that into LeBron ? He gets a lot of hate for that too and being a young fan.

Nobody needs to embrace anything they don't have a connection from to start with. Ken likes Kobe = like the Lakers. Said like Wade = like the Heat. These fans might be homers, but doesn't make it wrong that they like the team too. It's more that one fan is just much more obnoxious than the other and puts himself out more for more hate.

kennethgriffin
11-05-2012, 08:06 PM
True.

I'm Canadian too and I've met a lot of supposed Laker fans in Toronto... some of whom don't have a clue about guys like KAJ.

why is it just because someone lives in canada people assume they don't know as much about basketball

i know more about kareem abdul jabbar than most guys who grew up in LA during the 70's and 80's know about kareem

so lick my nuts

NumberSix
11-05-2012, 08:08 PM
If you're Canadian, that raptors haven't done anything to earn your support as a fan.

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2012, 08:09 PM
why is it just because someone lives in canada people assume they don't know as much about basketball

i know more about kareem abdul jabbar than most guys who grew up in LA during the 70's and 80's know about kareem

so lick my nuts

Did I say you don't know about KAJ ?

I'm talking about who I've interacted with in the RL about basketball talk. Learn to read.

plowking
True.

That doesn't mean everyone in Canada will support the Raptors. I can clearly understand this if there are Canadians that don't live Toronto and will decide to root for another and more popular team. A team with a lot of history and a tradition of winning.

Rival cities like Montreal and Vancouver, I doubt would have a lot of Raptor fans there too. I mean, sure there are Raptor fans, but not

Infact, I've seen people in Toronto and RL friends root for different teams like the Lakers, Boston, Miami, and even the Clippers too. I might not like that, but I can't stop them from liking what they want to like.

It's kinda of like the Lakers have fans all over the world and have never been to LA.

Not saying that's "right" when you have a team in your city.

If Ken wants to support Lakers, go ahead... I'm pretty sure he even mentioned he doesn't live in Toronto. Nobody needs to criticize him for that.

EnoughSaid likes the Heat because of Dwyane Wade and he lives in Cincinnati... Well why not like the Cavs ? Maybe because they have a rivalry with the other city and he wasn't all that into LeBron ? He gets a lot of hate for that too and being a young fan.

Nobody needs to embrace anything they don't have a connection from to start with. Ken likes Kobe = like the Lakers. Said like Wade = like the Heat. These fans might be homers, but doesn't make it wrong that they like the team too. It's more that one fan is just much more obnoxious than the other and puts himself out more for more hate.

Yeah, I got his whole life story a couple posts up, so I see it touched a nerve with him despite me saying I was yanking his chain. :oldlol:

I've never actually known who you support either.

ihoopallday
well its like this. i started watching as a casual fan of shaq and penny. and cheered a bit for the magic. this was before canada had a team

then when shaq went to LA i fallowed him. he was sort of my favorite player at the time and i didnt have a favorite team really.

and whatever you start to fallow. it wont change just because theres a new team that enters the nba thats closer to you.

maybe if in 1993 the raptors were in toronto things might have been different

but i slowly migrated to becoming a full time laker fan. and just when the raptors got going with vince i was already fallowing the kobe/shaq lakers as a hardcore fan

its kind of like the senators in ottawa. before they existed there was only the leafs to cheer for. and some people in ottawa who were fans of them stuck with them. even if theres a team thats closer to them now.

Just curious. Why don't you ever capitalize words at the beginning of a sentence? Sorry, it kind of irritates me. :lol

RRR3

so lick my nuts
You dumb pudnucker. legends was sticking up for you.

plowking
11-05-2012, 08:10 PM

so lick my nuts

Its just because its you, and we actually know you don't know much about basketball.

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2012, 08:13 PM
If you're Canadian, that raptors haven't done anything to earn your support as a fan.

It's more that the management hasn't done anything to build a team properly. I think this is the single biggest problem that most Raptor fans I've conversed with both in RL and online.

We didn't build around Vince Carter properly, had so many different coaches under him, and he finally wanted out. Chris Bosh wasn't complemented enough, but he wasn't really the star that would carry you far as a 1st option. I always said he would be an excellent third option player (that came true) and teams would go far in the playoffs with him as the second option.

At this point we also have problems signing mid-level players to long-term contracts, when they haven't proven anything.

Fans are loyal to the Leafs even though they haven't won anything in over 4 decades. I doubt the fans of Toronto decide sing a new tune with the Raptors. It's the management we have more of problem with.

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I've never actually known who you support either.

Raptors since 1997.

NumberSix
11-05-2012, 08:15 PM

then when shaq went to LA i fallowed him. he was sort of my favorite player at the time and i didnt have a favorite team.
So..... Ami I to understand that........ Your favourite player played for one team and you cheered for that team...... they didn't win......... Then your favorite player went to another team as a free agent......... And then you became a fan of that team?

Yeah, your "trashing LeBron band wagoners" card has been revoked. :roll:

Segatti
11-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I don't think scoring that much but bricking a lot of shots too is a great accomplishment :confusedshrug:

KG215
11-05-2012, 08:22 PM
So..... Ami I to understand that........ Your favourite player played for one team and you cheered for that team...... they didn't win......... Then your favorite player went to another team as a free agent......... And then you became a fan of that team?

Yeah, your "trashing LeBron band wagoners" card has been revoked. :roll:
And even worse, his obsession for Kobe has gotten so bad, the very player that caused him to switch allegiances from the Magic to the Lakers is the subject of many threads and posts where Griff attempts to diminish everything he accomplished, especially during the Lakers 3-peat.

iDunkOreo
11-05-2012, 08:26 PM
This guy's level of slurping has to be reaching near obsession lol. For a man to devote so much time and effort to worshiping another man is kind of odd, don't you think? We get it man, Kobe is one of the greats. Your point has been proven. Now go outside and get some fresh air.

Money 23
11-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Can someone do the math for me ... I'm very lazy.

If Michael Jordan averaged:

1994: 32 ppg
1995: 30 ppg
1999: 27 ppg
2000: 26 ppg
2001: 25 ppg
2002: 23 ppg
2003: 20 ppg

What would his all-time scoring record be?

NumberSix
11-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Lol. That would like Pauk discrediting lebron to prop up Norris cole

monkeypox
11-05-2012, 08:34 PM

Oh, and MJ would've easily surpassed Kareem if he played in '94 and '95 averaged between 30 and 33 ppg, like he always did, and then hung around in '99, 2000, and 2001 averaging in the mid 20s.

Yeah he could have had ten titles too. Probably five more MVP's. Heck he probably could have beaten the 33 game win streak as long as we're handing him imaginary accomplishments.

NumberSix
11-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Yeah he could have had ten titles too. Probably five more MVP's. Heck he probably could have beaten the 33 game win streak as long as we're handing him imaginary accomplishments.
Don't forget. Apparently we've now all decided that 81 points is more than 100. :roll:

joeysms55
I'm ashamed being Canadian because of the OP

Jam.22_
Can someone do the math for me ... I'm very lazy.

If Michael Jordan averaged:

1994: 32 ppg
1995: 30 ppg
1999: 27 ppg
2000: 26 ppg
2001: 25 ppg
2002: 23 ppg
2003: 20 ppg

What would his all-time scoring record be?
Damn bro, we understand MJ would have probably broken it too. You already mentioned it earlier. Looking for a fight... pathetic.

Money 23
11-05-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm giving him within reason and PROBABILITY accomplishments.

Yes, he probably could've won MVP in '94 or '95 and probably could've got another ring in '94.

More probably than possible. Meanwhile you have no problem with the OP "it's official, kobe bryant will break kareem's all time scoring record"

That too isn't imaginary accomplishments? STFU haha

NewYorkNoPicks
11-05-2012, 08:37 PM
with his new plans to play till age 40. he will more than easly break the record of 38,387

age 35-40 is 6 seasons

kobe could do that in a wheel chair.. even if kobe missed 20 games a season he would make up the difference since he wouldnt average anything less than 20ppg. basically for every 2 games kobe plays. he would cover the 13 points needed for every missed game ( 7+7= 14. 1 above the average needed )

that means kobe could actually miss 27.3 games per season and still break kareems record if he averages anything over 20ppg LOOOOOOOOL

Where did Kobe say hes playing till 40? He said 35 before...

KG215
11-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Don't forget. Apparently we've now all decided that 81 points is more than 100. :roll:

He was also the team's closer and better scorer than Shaq during the 3-peat because the shots he was taking were further from the basket.

KG215
11-05-2012, 08:44 PM

But really, this can't go unnoticed, because this is the same guy that gives LeBron and his fans constant shit.

You don't give two shits about the Lakers. You want Kobe to get his sixth ring; not the Lakers get their 17th.

KyrieTheFuture
11-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Griff is getting EXPOSED

Doranku
11-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Only on ISH is scoring the most points out of any basketball player in NBA history a trivial, unimpressive accomplishment. :roll:

The-Legend-24
11-05-2012, 08:56 PM
If he does, he'll likely be the all time leader in playoffs points too. :bowdown:

RecordbreakerBe

Heavincent
11-05-2012, 09:16 PM
If he does, he'll likely be the all time leader in playoffs points too. :bowdown:

RecordbreakerBe

He'll most likely get the playoff points record either way.

raptorfan_dr07
11-05-2012, 09:20 PM
I call bullsh*t on kennethgriffin being old enough to remember Shaq leaving Orlando. This moron posts like a retarded 10 year old.

He was also the team's closer and better scorer than Shaq during the 3-peat because the shots he was taking were further from the basket.

Don't forget the GOAT PG as well!!!

Money 23
11-05-2012, 09:22 PM
He'll most likely get the playoff points record either way.
Good thing he got the most dominant center in the game to ensure he keeps getting in the playoffs, and probably advancing to get more games / opportunities to keep scoring.

Heavincent
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Good thing he got the most dominant center in the game to ensure he keeps getting in the playoffs, and probably advancing to get more games / opportunities to keep scoring.

Agreed. Will be fun to watch.

Smoke117
11-05-2012, 09:33 PM
How old is Kennethgriffin? I mean stupidity has no age limit, but I am just honestly curious. I can't think over 15.

Legends66NBA7
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
I call bullsh*t on kennethgriffin being old enough to remember Shaq leaving Orlando. This moron posts like a retarded 10 year old.

He's posted his picture on here and looks like he's in mid-late 20's.

swag2011
11-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I love how Kennethgriffin got these haters mad lol. His threads are NO different from the lebron d!ckriders. Yet, people hate on him.

The power of Kobe stans :bowdown: Making haters mad day by day.

Fudge
11-05-2012, 09:38 PM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/DidntReadLolYellowShirt.gif

ihoopallday
11-05-2012, 09:42 PM
I love how Kennethgriffin got these haters mad lol. His threads are NO different from the lebron d!ckriders. Yet, people hate on him.

The power of Kobe stans :bowdown: Making haters mad day by day.

Both LeBron and Kobe stans are pathetic. There's just more Kobe stans on this site.

NumberSix
11-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Kennethgriffin gone into hiding? Lol. That stupid phaggit done owned himself and he knows it.

jongib369
11-05-2012, 10:33 PM
The fact that a SHOOTING guard doesn't own the record already is somewhat humorous to me.

Anyways, this is the first I'm hearing about him playing until 40....Hope he gets the record!

At this point in there careers how is the FGA per look like? I'm to lazy to do it myself ATM

Punpun
11-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Jongib, please. Stop disrespecting Kareem.

daily
11-05-2012, 11:30 PM
"omg this guy is white, speaks english, lives in a country right next to mine and has nearly the exact same life style. but his flag has a leaf on it and mine has stars and stripes. so he must be weird!"

A leaf? WTF is wrong with you people?

Relax ya Hoser, it's a joke

KOBE143
11-05-2012, 11:35 PM
That should had been done right now if he didn't play 2 years in the bench cos of their stupid coach and if he didn't played along with shaq.. He should had 40,000 pts by now easily but Shaq and his stupid coach ruined his total pts..

But I think Kobe doesnt care about this record, he only cares about winning.. He's not the same as LeBrick who only cares about statpadding.. Kobe is in the same league as Magic, Jordan and Bird who doesnt care about stat.. Thats why Kobe is the GOAT..

Cali Syndicate
11-05-2012, 11:39 PM
That should had been done right now if he didn't play 2 years in the bench cos of their stupid coach and if he didn't played along with shaq.. He should had 40,000 pts by now easily but Shaq and his stupid coach ruined his total pts..

But I think Kobe doesnt care about this record, he only cares about winning.. He's not the same as LeBrick who only cares about statpadding.. Kobe is in the same league as Magic, Jordan and Bird who doesnt care about stat.. Thats why Kobe is the GOAT..

You're 12 years old.

KOBE143
11-05-2012, 11:42 PM
You're 12 years old.
:no: nah.. this shit is getting old..

Sham
11-05-2012, 11:55 PM
How long before KD or Lebron break Kobe's all time scoring?

INDI
11-06-2012, 12:03 AM

It's possible but Kobe has a big upper hand with this. Lebron and durant have to deal with the possibility of a major injury, the absolute of minor injuries, the diminishing of skill, and longevity (who knows if they would want to play to 37+.

Kobe has played all of his prime without career threatening injuries and has continued to perform at a high level despite minor ones.

KG215
11-06-2012, 12:14 AM

No doubt. We'd be talking about Kobe possibly getting to 50,000 points for his career if his coach early in his career wasn't such a mother f***ing dumbass, Shaq wasn't such a mother f***ing dumbass and realized Kobe was CLEARLY the best player on those Lakers teams and deferred to him more, and Kobe wasn't so unselfish leading his team in assists every year.

AK47DR91
11-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Whether Kobe break the record or not, it's still very impressive seeing a perimeter playing at a high caliber level like this for 14 straight seasons.

Go down the list of great guards and perimeter players in history, most are lucky to even have 5 MVP-caliber seasons. 14 straight seasons? That's insane!

Hell, Jordan couldn't do that. He retired after his 9th season and spent more than a year and a half off the court. I guess that's something you can say Kobe is better at than Jordan.

Money 23
11-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Go down the list of great guards and perimeter players in history, most are lucky to even have 5 MVP-caliber seasons. 14 straight seasons? That's insane!
When did Kobe have 14 straight MVP seasons? Hell, when did he have 5 MVP caliber seasons? :oldlol:

Jordan couldn't do that. He retired after his 9th season and spent more than a year and a half off the court. I guess that's something you can say Kobe is better at than Jordan.
This clown acting like MJ was sitting around eating chips, pizza and drinking beer.

He tried playing another professional sport, and formatting his body to THOSE rigors.

To even act like Jordan, a historically more durable player than Bryant wouldn't have been able to play in '94, '95, and then bum around from '99 - 2001 just putting up hollow numbers is a fool.

MJ left after his 9th season for a number of potential reasons, none having to do with durability. He was possibly forced out for a season and half for gambling, depression due to his father's MURDER ...

MJ was putting up 25 ppg as a 39 year old, in a tougher defensive rule era, at the same field goal percentage Kobe did last season. And this was with his next best player being a young Richard Hamilton.

No Pau Gasol around him.

AK47DR91
11-06-2012, 12:35 AM
When did Kobe have 14 straight MVP seasons? Hell, when did he have 5 MVP caliber seasons? :oldlol:

Do you even know how to read? Where did I say Kobe had 14 straight MVP seasons?

He has been in the top 5 MVP votes for the past 6 or 7 seasons. Is that not "MVP-caliber"?

Psileas
11-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Even if he breaks it, he probably won't hold it for long. Let's assume that he averages 26, 25, 24, 22 and 20 ppg for the 2013-17 seasons, playing at 76 games per season. This would virtually put him at Kareem's number, but by the time he gets there, LeBron will probably already have reached or surpassed the 30,000 barrier and Durant will have surpassed 20,000 and still going strong at 28. Either LeBron or Durant may have better chances of breaking the record, since they were given way more the green light to shoot a lot at young ages.

I can't help but wonder, however, how much Kareem would have scored had he been able to play since he was 18.

Money 23
11-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Do you even know how to read? Where did I say Kobe had 14 straight MVP seasons?
Read this ...

Go down the list of great guards and perimeter players in history, most are lucky to even have 5 MVP-caliber seasons. 14 straight seasons? That's insane

You're talking about Bryant, correct? The way it's worded dip shit, it's implied Kobe has had 14 straight MVP caliber seasons.

He hasn't had 5 MVP caliber seasons, either.

Being in the top 5 of MVP voting doesn't equate IMO to being legit MVP caliber seasons. No one seriously considered Kobe an MVP in 2012 and 2011.

The most he'd have CLAIM for is 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010. Yet he only managed to win one. He was only in serious contention for three of those from voters. And in one of those seasons he was clearly inferior to two other players in the regular season (2009)

AK47DR91
11-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Read this ...

You're talking about Bryant, correct? The way it's worded dip shit, it's implied Kobe has had 14 straight MVP caliber seasons.

He hasn't had 5 MVP caliber seasons, either.
He has finished top 5 MVP votes in 9 straight seasons. That's still pretty damn impressive.

P.S. All those reasons for Jordan leaving in 1994 don't mean shit. He left the game, period!

no pun intended
11-06-2012, 12:44 AM
LOL if season will be cut to 58 games in the future.

AK47DR91
11-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Being in the top 5 of MVP voting doesn't equate IMO to being legit MVP caliber seasons. No one seriously considered Kobe an MVP in 2012 and 2011.

The most he'd have CLAIM for is 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010. Yet he only managed to win one. He was only in serious contention for three of those from voters. And in one of those seasons he was clearly inferior to two other players in the regular season (2009)
Yes, it does. Even if most of the votes are registered because of his name value, his stats and production still backs up those votes.

Again, how many guards and perimeter players have had a run like this? This is actually a very rare feat that Kobe stans can cling onto. And even as a Kobe-hater myself, I can't argue with them. It's been an amazing run for a wing player.

Money 23
11-06-2012, 12:54 AM
P.S. All those reasons for Jordan leaving in 1994 don't mean shit. He left the game, period!
He willingly left ... how does that equate to your opinion of Jordan not having the ability to endure the amount of ball Kobe played?

He was attempting to play another professional sport, he wasn't taking it easy.

Pretty sure you're selling MJ's durability as an athlete short to act like he wouldn't have been able to play those seasons, plus more when he willingly retired either due to boredom, suspension, pursuing other interests, or context.

And even as a Kobe-hater myself, I can't argue with them. It's been an amazing run for a wing player.
I agree. I'm not downplaying Kobe's longevity. It's been absurd.

I'm retaliating to your dumb Jordan comments.

AK47DR91
11-06-2012, 01:06 AM
He willingly left ... how does that equate to your opinion of Jordan not having the ability to endure the amount of ball Kobe played?

He was attempting to play another professional sport, he wasn't taking it easy.

Pretty sure you're selling MJ's durability as an athlete short to act like he wouldn't have been able to play those seasons, plus more when he willingly retired either due to boredom, suspension, pursuing other interests, or context.

I agree. I'm not downplaying Kobe's longevity. It's been absurd.

I'm retaliating to your dumb Jordan comments.
I wasn't selling Jordan's durability short or weak at all. I kept my comment on his '94 retirement very short for a reason, because there's a lot of speculations as to why he retired that year and didn't want to derail the thread into that subject.

Hell, Jordan couldn't do that. He retired after his 9th season and spent more than a year and a half off the court. I guess that's something you can say Kobe is better at than Jordan.
But since you're a Chicagoan, you took it the wrong way and read too deep into the remark.

monkeypox
11-06-2012, 01:43 AM

Seriously it's like the people that say 6 titles > 10 titles right!?

KG215
11-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Don't forget. Apparently we've now all decided that 81 points is more than 100.
DEFENSIVE RATING!!!!

Pointguard
11-06-2012, 03:19 AM
My guess is that he will average 24ppg this year. Next year the team is officially DH's and he's go down to 21ppg, 20ppg the third year and the fourth year at about 17. Or about 6500 more points or about 3700. He's going to make his decision right about this time. He's in striking distance but he will likely need six years to pull it off.

creepingdeath
11-06-2012, 04:20 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/other/grand/18aa95b6e1cef58277b322e764b12ba7.gif

kennethgriffin
11-06-2012, 04:23 AM
i was gone bowling, then the bar during all of this lol

to answer the constant question regarding why i make fun of cavs turned heat fans compared to why i could cheer for shaq in orlando. then the lakers

i was 12 years old and basketball was my 2nd favorite sport.

i was mainly into the mariners and ken griffey ( hense my name )

i didnt care much for basketball... didnt until 1998

so i can give a free pass to 12 year old non basketball fans for switching from cavs to heat. but not guys who obviously already have an invested interest ...

miller-time
11-06-2012, 04:32 AM
barring injury, any longevity record kobe makes will be broken by lebron.

ripthekik
11-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Kennethgriffin gone into hiding? Lol. That stupid phaggit done owned himself and he knows it.
How come Mcdonalds give you free time to come post on ISH?

Punpun
11-06-2012, 07:48 AM
barring injury, any longevity record kobe makes will be broken by lebron.

I doubt it. Not with Lebron current situation.

Segatti
11-06-2012, 08:04 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/other/grand/18aa95b6e1cef58277b322e764b12ba7.gif
:lol :lol :lol

RRR3
11-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Wait, is this segatti character going to try and pretend he's a Mavericks fan now? Because it's too late, segat, we've all already seen you be a Kobe worshipping troll. Don't try to hide :no:

TheBigVeto
11-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Attentionwhorebe
Nottop50GOATbasketballplayersbe

NumberSix
11-06-2012, 06:32 PM
How come Mcdonalds give you free time to come post on ISH?
bladers

Money 23
11-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Nottop50GOATbasketballplayersbe
http://gifsoup.com/view2/1414834/joker-not-sure-if-serious-o.gif

crisoner
11-06-2012, 06:36 PM
LMAO....

Awww man creepingdeath just killed it with that gif. LMAO

Nike D'Antoni
02-02-2023, 12:56 AM

Lebron in 2023. KD, maybe 5 more years at 39.

warriorfan
02-02-2023, 01:01 AM
he would have if it wasn’t for the tendon injury

Nike D'Antoni
02-08-2023, 10:49 AM
he would have if it wasn’t for the tendon injury

If.

8Ball
02-08-2023, 10:50 AM

age 35-40 is 6 seasons

I always knew Kenny put this record very high on his list of achievements.

And1AllDay
02-08-2023, 02:21 PM
kenny down bad after this one :oldlol: poor fella aint been the same bran won chips

1a. bran
1b. kobe