funkylikemonkey
01-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Title says it all.

Jerz Netz
01-30-2007, 12:37 AM
:party: VC pulling a Gilbo

Cool
01-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Anybody have any video of it? I would love to see it.

GoRapz
01-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Anybody have any video of it? I would love to see it.

yeah, after like 5 seconds it happened :rolleyes:

Cool
01-30-2007, 12:40 AM
yeah, after like 5 seconds it happened :rolleyes:

I am just asking. I would like to see it because I didnt. No need to get scarcastic.

A Loyal NJ Fan
01-30-2007, 12:40 AM
'Twas from a good 6-7 feet behind the arc. :party:

GoRapz
01-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah I know...but it's pretty obvious no one is going to have it after it just happened.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-30-2007, 12:41 AM
11.3 seconsd left. Nets down by 3. no timeouts left. Vince goes in for the uncontested jam.

then they foul Deron Williams. eerily similar to a scenario last year in Toronto, the young second year player got nervous and missed his first free throw.

no timeouts,5.7 seconds left, Vince dribbles it up slowly, slowly, 3 Jazz players in front of him, from 5 feet behind the line he launches it and STUNS the Jazz crowd.

btw this will definitely be on the NBA.com recaps so u can see it tomorrow morning

A Loyal NJ Fan
01-30-2007, 12:42 AM
Haha, I love how he waved goodbye to the Jazz fans after he hit the shot.

konex
01-30-2007, 12:43 AM
VC :bowdown:

GoRapz
11.3 seconsd left. Nets down by 3. no timeouts left. Vince goes in for the uncontested jam.

then they foul Deron Williams. eerily similar to a scenario last year in Toronto, the young second year player got nervous and missed his first free throw.

no timeouts,5.7 seconds left, Vince dribbles it up slowly, slowly, 3 Jazz players in front of him, from 5 feet behind the line he launches it and STUNS the Jazz crowd.

btw this will definitely be on the NBA.com recaps so u can see it tomorrow morning

I would hate to be a Jazz fan right now. I know how it feels my brothers, it happened here in Toronto also. :banghead:

KIWI
damn losing the starting spot on the east must of hurt him big time!

Cool
01-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Yeah I know...but it's pretty obvious no one is going to have it after it just happened.

NEVERMIND I JUST SAW IT ON ESPN. WHAT A HELL OF A SHOT. I GIVE A LOT OF PROPS TO THE NETS. GREAT SHOT. HE SAVED THERE A$$.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-30-2007, 12:45 AM
best part was, he did not settle for jumpers (except 2 times when the shot clock was winding down), but he wanteed to drive in so much, he even went against triple teams.

Jerz Netz
01-30-2007, 12:46 AM
best part was, he did not settle for jumpers (except 2 times when the shot clock was winding down), but he wanteed to drive in so much, he even went against triple teams.
if he keeps on doing that we can beat anyone

ThaKid
01-30-2007, 12:53 AM
I would hate to be a Jazz fan right now. I know how it feels my brothers, it happened here in Toronto also. :banghead:
u should be pissed too... i am cuz every win for NJ now on is a loss for Toronto

VCdabest
01-30-2007, 12:54 AM
If vc drives to the lane like he did today and takes smart threes, top 5 player(im excited leave me alone, i still stand by it) baby, wow the shot was just awesome, sooooo far from the three point line but still got a pure/smooth stroke on it.

Seems perfect after the first three we played in the west, watch out raps VC's back(for now).

wang4three
01-30-2007, 12:56 AM
I feel bad for Deron. Free throw woes have always haunted him.

GOBB
01-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Just saw it...2 players in the face. Woosh, fockin poosie now i go to team bus.

(i cant even remember that infamous quote. does anyone?)

Rocker09
01-30-2007, 12:59 AM
I just remembered finley's shot yesterday against the lakers....damn it still hurts

rknine15
01-30-2007, 01:01 AM

yeeeee vc :rockon: just like in toronto but kidd passed it

Duck Rodgers
01-30-2007, 01:17 AM
As I was leaving my friend's house to go study, with the Jazz up by 7 in the early second quarter, he says, "Dude, you're going to miss Vince draining a three to win it at the buzzer." - Sonofa***** was right....ugh....just got home and saw that. I'm going to hit that kid tomorrow.....

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-30-2007, 01:19 AM
As I was leaving my friend's house to go study, with the Jazz up by 7 in the early second quarter, he says, "Dude, you're going to miss Vince draining a three to win it at the buzzer." - Sonofa***** was right....ugh....just got home and saw that. I'm going to hit that kid tomorrow.....

talk about hitting it on the spot.

but don't blame him. i mean, its happened before, so he was just shouting out whatever he felt like.

i mean we always hear people say "Kobe's gonna drop 50, 60, 70" and it does happen once in a while.

KIWI
01-30-2007, 01:31 AM
I just remembered finley's shot yesterday against the lakers....damn it still hurts

:oldlol: i still cant believe he hit it!

heavensdevil
01-30-2007, 02:04 AM

I did that wit his shot againts toronto.

funkylikemonkey
01-30-2007, 02:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Opom6wgy5I&eurl=

space
01-30-2007, 02:18 AM
such an awesome shot!

poorlilrich
01-30-2007, 02:24 AM
So whats Carter's record on these game winning/tying threes?

He hit one against the raptors, miami in the playoffs and he hit one against

utah.

ErhnamDjinn
01-30-2007, 02:30 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/0c/full.getty-71797011mm015_nets_jazz_12_37_30_am.jpg
for the win woot. Someone still loves the Nets :banana:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/c0/full.getty-71797011mm017_nets_jazz_12_45_46_am.jpg

Rocker09
01-30-2007, 02:44 AM
first it was eddie jones now it's VC...I'd hate to be a jazz fan right now

villabong
01-30-2007, 02:51 AM
vc with the trifecta..... kaboooooom!
well vc is back for now, i hope he continue what he is doing right now.
too bad he lost the starting spot in the all-star but i hope he still be in the line up!

TheOne
01-30-2007, 02:59 AM
why didn't they put AK47 on him?

SLIMMPICKINS
01-30-2007, 03:17 AM
why didn't they put AK47 on him?

The Jazz did have AK on him but Moore screened him out

rknine15
01-30-2007, 12:21 PM
The Jazz did have AK on him but Moore screened him out
that was Harpring moore screened. ak was on the other side....utah's defence was really bad they should have tighting the d up on carter u wanted him to pass it. Okur was waiting for carter at the 3 point line by carter stoped and shot the ball 5ft away from the 3 point line:roll: and makes a DEEP DEEP 3 at the BUZZER

:party:

Done_And_Done
01-30-2007, 01:46 PM
- Watching that shot go down last night brought me flashes of when i was sitting courtside last year only to witness him hit a heart shattering last second buzzer beater against my Raps... Dude practically sent me home with a tear in my eye that afternoon... But beyond on all the criticism that hes faced throughout the week, you gotta hand Vince some cred for single handidly knocking off the Jazz with that bomb from outside the perimeter... Taking the backhalf of there 5 game road swing has delivered the Nets some momentum which should make this Atlantic first place battle even more exciting to watch... Hate to say it, but that shot was absolutly primo...

Done & Done -

Done_And_Done
01-30-2007, 01:49 PM
- By the way, anyone catch Harpring drop that dime to Deron while he was approaching the bench after he got subb'd... Hands down, his best pass of the year.... -

heavensdevil
01-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Are raptors fans scared now?

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-30-2007, 01:52 PM
- By the way, anyone catch Harpring drop that dime to Deron while he was approaching the bench after he got subb'd... Hands down, his best pass of the year.... -

I saw it, but I didn't think it would be a nice thin to make fun of. I mean... the bench player sshould have had the clairvoyance not to sit there, and Deron, as a point, should have known better.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-30-2007, 01:53 PM

you guys have some tough competition in February, while the Nets get to play a lot of bottom feeders.

still, you guys should not be scared, just keep on rooting for your team and may the best team win.

Kujo
01-30-2007, 01:55 PM

I am :). This is why you never trade a star player to a division rival.

Looks like VC is starting realize he needs to carry his team on his back.

rknine15
01-30-2007, 02:24 PM
I am :). This is why you never trade a star player to a division rival.

Looks like VC is starting realize he needs to carry his team on his back.
the nets gotta ride kidd and carter till they get RJ back. tho house played very well yesterday with boki out gj house:rockon:

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-30-2007, 02:27 PM
RJ may come back before the ASG....

he is on with Ahmad Rashad this afternoon, and hopefuly he gives some insight when he comes back.

right now, I think he still has his sutures in his foot, but sometim ethis week he'll get it taken out and then start to rehab.

with RJ, he may not need 6 weeks...

rknine15
01-30-2007, 02:29 PM
RJ may come back before the ASG....

he is on with Ahmad Rashad this afternoon, and hopefuly he gives some insight when he comes back.

right now, I think he still has his sutures in his foot, but sometim ethis week he'll get it taken out and then start to rehab.

with RJ, he may not need 6 weeks...
wright, boki, house and adams are playing pretty well when rj is back how is the rotation gonna work. maybe rj off the bench?!?1

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-30-2007, 02:36 PM
wright, boki, house and adams are playing pretty well when rj is back how is the rotation gonna work. maybe rj off the bench?!?1

for the first few games, he'll come off the bench just to get warmed back up (play maybe 20 minutes)

but after a while, RJ is starting again. you can count on it.

langdonboom
01-30-2007, 03:18 PM
if he keeps on doing that we can beat anyone

Agreed, agreed, AGREED!

Why he doesn't play a little smarter is beyond me. Is it that certain defensive players can keep him on the perimiter? I just get the feeling that he tries to play it backwards -- hit a few jumpers to get them to play up on him, then try to go around them then.

But he's got to set up the jumpers with the drives. When he wants to be VINCE CARTER he can do that. Why he falls in love with his (admittedly smooth) jump shot is beyond me.

If he does that the Nets are DEFINITE eastern championship contenders, low-post play or no low-post play.

Let him save the 30 ft jumpers for game winners!

AKA AAP
01-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Title says it all.

You have too many words without an emoticon.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Agreed, agreed, AGREED!

Why he doesn't play a little smarter is beyond me. Is it that certain defensive players can keep him on the perimiter? I just get the feeling that he tries to play it backwards -- hit a few jumpers to get them to play up on him, then try to go around them then.

But he's got to set up the jumpers with the drives. When he wants to be VINCE CARTER he can do that. Why he falls in love with his (admittedly smooth) jump shot is beyond me.

If he does that the Nets are DEFINITE eastern championship contenders, low-post play or no low-post play.

Let him save the 30 ft jumpers for game winners!

let's not get ahead of ourselves. we beat a defense porous Denver team, a Jazz team minus its best player and head coach (Phil JOhnson made terrible adjustments), and we should have won against three mediocre teams.

we play a bunch of bottom feeders soon, so the upcoming game with Detroit and Orlando (Grant HIll is back so it won't be as easy as last time, plus its Orlando) will be great litmus tests for this team.

we won't be expected to dominate with such a gutted team, but at least compete.

wang4three
01-30-2007, 03:23 PM
(i cant even remember that infamous quote. does anyone?)

I don't remember exactly except,

*Peja hits a 3 from the team bus*

which was a bunch of people's unofficial sig for awhile.

langdonboom
01-30-2007, 03:23 PM
let's not get ahead of ourselves. we beat a defense porous Denver team, a Jazz team minus its best player and head coach (Phil JOhnson made terrible adjustments), and we should have won against three mediocre teams.

we play a bunch of bottom feeders soon, so the upcoming game with Detroit and Orlando (Grant HIll is back so it won't be as easy as last time, plus its Orlando) will be great litmus tests for this team.

we won't be expected to dominate with such a gutted team, but at least compete.

Its easy for me to get ahead of myself, cause it feels like Vince plays at 75% sometimes, when he has an angry game like last night it puts ideas in my head like "WHAT IF HE PLAYED LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME?"

Detroit should be a real test, you're right.

rknine15
01-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Its easy for me to get ahead of myself, cause it feels like Vince plays at 75% sometimes, when he has an angry game like last night it puts ideas in my head like "WHAT IF HE PLAYED LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME?"

Detroit should be a real test, you're right.
i think this is the part of the season were u see carter playing smart taking jumpers driving in sumtimes taking 3s(mixing it up like tmac). he had 3 monster games in a row:rockon: utah was test number 1 test number 2 will be pistons the only problem is pistons defence is really good and they always double/triple team carter for the nets to win this one the open player must make his shots...and rebounds nj always get out rebounded by the pistons.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-30-2007, 03:37 PM
i think this is the part of the season were u see carter playing smart taking jumpers driving in sumtimes taking 3s(mixing it up like tmac). he has had 3 monster games in a row:rockon: utah was test number 1 test number 2 will be pistons the only problem is pistons defence is really good and they always double/triple team carter for the nets to win this one the open player must make his shots and rebounds nj always get out rebounded by the pistons.

Vince's shot mechanics are not the best in the world. he needs to either feel hot or line it up properly in order to hit it. his fadeaways with time running down and hands in his face are usually the result of not being able to focus and line his shot up properly.

langdonboom
01-30-2007, 03:44 PM
his fadeaways with time running down and hands in his face are usually the result of not being able to focus and line his shot up properly.

You hit the nail on the head -- thats' the feeling I get, that he's not able to focus like a kobe or jordan or any number of seriously next-level players who realize its not just physical gifts but mental smarts and discipline to really dominate. Its just that vince obviously has always had the physical gifts, and only sporatically shows these time-and-place genius moments. You'd think playnig with Kidd for a few years might rub off, but some guys never learn.

This is all in the spirit of tough-love, mind you. Maybe its unfair to hope a great guy could be GENIUS LEVEL but he does show flashes of the mental as well as the physical.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-30-2007, 03:45 PM
You hit the nail on the head -- thats' the feeling I get, that he's not able to focus like a kobe or jordan or any number of seriously next-level players who realize its not just physical gifts but mental smarts and discipline to really dominate. Its just that vince obviously has always had the physical gifts, and only sporatically shows these time-and-place genius moments. You'd think playnig with Kidd for a few years might rub off, but some guys never learn.

This is all in the spirit of tough-love, mind you. Maybe its unfair to hope a great guy could be GENIUS LEVEL but he does show flashes of the mental as well as the physical.

it's rubbed off in the fact that he is now a much better passer (he got 13 assists against Golden State)

langdonboom
01-30-2007, 03:50 PM
it's rubbed off in the fact that he is now a much better passer (he got 13 assists against Golden State)

True.

rknine15
01-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Vince's shot mechanics are not the best in the world. he needs to either feel hot or line it up properly in order to hit it. his fadeaways with time running down and hands in his face are usually the result of not being able to focus and line his shot up properly.
lol i find carter to be one of the best shooters in the nba he can make them off balance or with someone on his face did u watch the denver game. did u see him nail all thoes jumpers and in the clipps game his first 5 baskets were all jumpers. and then after he made 3 jumpers he started to drive in and only took open 3's.

ZHAKIDD532
01-30-2007, 03:53 PM
What was up with Mikki Moore. Everyone was mauling him but he was just kinda walking around the court with a weird look on his face, first I thought he was just like yeee booy, but then he looked depressed kinda. It was weird

rknine15
01-30-2007, 03:54 PM
well ppl may not no this but carter has always been a good passer his stats may not show it but he has

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-30-2007, 03:54 PM
lol i find carter to be one of the best shooters in the nba he can make them off balance or with someone on his face did u watch the denver game. did u see him nail all thoes jumpers and in the clipps game his first 5 baskets were all jumpers. and then after he made 3 jumpers he started to drive in and only took open 3's.

well, he is a good shooter, who has great range. comon, im the biggest VC fan on the board.

i was merely saying he shoots line drives a lot on fadeaways, rather than arcers, who basically means if he loses a split second of concentration it may not go in.

rknine15
01-30-2007, 03:56 PM
well, he is a good shooter, who has great range. comon, im the biggest VC fan on the board.

i was merely saying he shoots line drives a lot on fadeaways, rather than arcers, who basically means if he loses a split second of concentration it may not go in.
lies I AM!! :roll:

langdonboom
01-30-2007, 03:58 PM

I'm thinking back to the Knicks/Nets game last week, I was there, and I just couldn't believe how stubborn VC was being with his jump shot - it was not going in and he took what seemed like a TON of early-shot-clock shots. I mean, sure, its a team you've historically owned, but why not start OFF the game driving in their faces, THEN pull up and hit crazy jumpers?

I can't imagine he was following the Nets game plan. He was pretty open I guess but after so many not going in you gotta switch it up, in my opinion. He tends to get stubborn with the shots. When he's on, he's ON of course its not talent per se its just strategy that has me scratching my head with him sometimes.

rknine15
01-30-2007, 03:58 PM
What was up with Mikki Moore. Everyone was mauling him but he was just kinda walking around the court with a weird look on his face, first I thought he was just like yeee booy, but then he looked depressed kinda. It was weird
idk...tho he did a heck of a screen on the last play :applause:

rknine15
01-30-2007, 04:05 PM
this is a game against the hawks when carter was a rap he willed the raps to a win i remember this game as if it was yesterday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n16mEYOR4N4

villabong
01-31-2007, 12:48 AM
well ppl may not no this but carter has always been a good passer his stats may not show it but he has

true!!!

heavensdevil
01-31-2007, 12:51 AM
sick post, VC is da man.

Nilocon165
03-31-2016, 10:19 PM
goat

konex
03-31-2016, 10:32 PM
Reading the thread, it seems like yesterday. Man, I've been posting here a long time :roll: