PDA

View Full Version : Colorado legalizes recreational marijuana

andgar923
11-07-2012, 12:15 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/amendment-64-passes-in-co_n_2079899.html

Styles p
11-07-2012, 12:28 AM
what a great step in the right direction.

InspiredLebowski
11-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Nuggets about to build the next superfriends team

kentatm
11-07-2012, 12:30 AM
:bowdown:

Myth
11-07-2012, 12:31 AM

Melos kicking himself right now.

Balla_Status
11-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Right on. Too bad I have a job.

andgar923
11-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Melos kicking himself right now.

The Nuggets just got a huge recruiting advantage.

Styles p
11-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Right on. Too bad I have a job.
pretty sure if it's legal they can't fire you.

InspiredLebowski
11-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Lebron about to take his talents to the Rockies. We can do these all night.

DuMa
11-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Javale's mistress: "I'm so mad he got some hemp for him and not for me"

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Hopefully that is the only state that allows recreational use. I don't think Obama planned on legalizing marijuana but whatever.

Scoooter
11-07-2012, 12:40 AM
A step in the right direction.

Styles p
11-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Hopefully that is the only state that allows recreational use. I don't think Obama planned on legalizing marijuana but whatever.
looks like it's about to pass in Washington state.

red1
11-07-2012, 12:41 AM
even if they tax the shit out of it they should be hooking it up value wise. an o shouldnt go for more than a bill

red1
11-07-2012, 12:41 AM
what does this mean. explain yourself

irondarts
11-07-2012, 12:44 AM
http://www.sportsnola.com/imagesnov/sports/hornets/mcgee_javale_den.jpg

ClutchOver9000
11-07-2012, 12:45 AM
:rockon: baby steps ppl

Styles p
11-07-2012, 12:49 AM
:rockon: baby steps ppl
This is a lot bigger than baby steps. the whole medical marijuana was baby steps. once other states see how good this works out their going to hop on board.

AlphaWolf24
11-07-2012, 12:49 AM

:facepalm they can do what ever the **** they want to do....

If weed impares your ability to operate machinery/any other form of work they can test you/fire you.

- the F is wrong with youngsters/lazy F@cks.....growing up / bieng responsible/ sucessful = sacrifice getting impaired , (especially a few hours of getting lit....)

- If you have no responsibilities / work....then by all means ...burn away.

Styles p
11-07-2012, 12:52 AM

If weed impares your ability to operate machinery/any other form of work they can test you/fire you.

- the F is wrong with youngsters/lazy F@cks.....growing up / bieng responsible/ sucessful = sacrifice getting impaired , (especially a few hours of getting lit....)

obviously if you're under the influence at the time, but if it's legal for recreational use i don't think they can. can you be fired for drinking beer at your house?

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 12:52 AM
obviously if you're under the influence at the time, but if it's legal for recreational use i don't think they can. can you be fired for drinking beer at your house?
They can fire you for drinking beer/alcohol during your break in work. I was at a job interview and most of the personality questions consisted of getting high and smoking weed.

red1
11-07-2012, 12:53 AM

I assume he was talking about drug testing, not actually showing up to work after smoking

sunsfan1357
11-07-2012, 12:54 AM
People have lost law suits against their workplace on all kind of drug issues. In California people with cards gets fired, Native Americans have been fired over the use of drugs for their religious purposes. It's entirely up to the company's discretion.

LBJMVP
11-07-2012, 12:54 AM

this... if you are high and come to work then they can 100% fire you.

but weed should have the same consequences of alcohol...

InspiredLebowski
11-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Colorado's an at will employment state. Unless you've got a contract stating otherwise you can get fired for anything at anytime.

Balla_Status
11-07-2012, 12:56 AM

hhmmmm pretty sure that's up the company.

Cangri
11-07-2012, 01:02 AM
It passed!!!!?????? :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I don't believe that sht, and Colorado of all places...:cheers: :cheers:

stallionaire
11-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Javale's mistress: "I'm so mad he got some hemp for him and not for me"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Is He Ill
11-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Massachusetts looks to have legalized medical marijuana. Oregon bill fails.

IGOTGAME
11-07-2012, 01:17 AM
hhmmmm pretty sure that's up the company.

well most are at will employees. However, it would make little sense to fire people for a legal activity that had no effect on performance or environment. Technically you can be fired for wearing bright colors, doesn't mean it is likely.

d.bball.guy
11-07-2012, 01:30 AM
http://www.sportsnola.com/imagesnov/sports/hornets/mcgee_javale_den.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/K5hqC.jpg

DuMa
11-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Looking forward to NBA Green Week 2013 in Denver

highwhey
11-07-2012, 01:33 AM
How can Colorado legalize it when the Federal government has put in stone that it is illegal? The article mentions a bunch of DEA heads already have their panties in a bunch.

Styles p
11-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Washington state just joined colorado. :banana:

Derka
11-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Pretty f*cking awesome, I think. Massachusetts just made medical marijuana legal and I, a moderate Republican, voted for it happily.

Unfortunately, the Federal government still considers it quite illegal. Colorado is in for a constitutional fight over the next few months.

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 01:45 AM
what does this mean. explain yourself
I take that back actually. They should legalize marijuana all across the state just because the economy will get better and because it will no longer become cool because it's not illegal anymore.

RaininTwos
11-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Derka, we get it that you are a whatever republican already man

MeLO MvP 15
11-07-2012, 01:57 AM
ESPN: Rasheed Wallace demands trade to the Denver Nuggets

Loneshot
11-07-2012, 01:58 AM
:oldlol:

d.bball.guy
11-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Along with his teammate JR Smith

NuYorkKnicks
11-07-2012, 02:09 AM
Along with his teammate JR Smith
:roll:

Jackass18
11-07-2012, 02:12 AM
How can Colorado legalize it when the Federal government has put in stone that it is illegal? The article mentions a bunch of DEA heads already have their panties in a bunch.

The feds have their heads up their asses while CO doesn't.

Myth
11-07-2012, 02:12 AM
Washington state just joined colorado. :banana:

And I just recently moved away from Oregon (on the border of Washington) to Southern Cali. :facepalm

bagelred
11-07-2012, 12:23 PM
A phrase you will hear a lot of .........

"No, officer, I bought that marijuana in Colorado, I swear.....I must of forgot I had it......."

daily
11-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Congrats to Colorado and Washington, battles not over yet but it's a step in the right direction... Seems the Tax for schools part won't be implemented because there was problems in the language of the provision ( didn't quote that follow the link)

[QUOTE]Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper was against Amendment 64.

"The voters have spoken and we have to respect their will," Gov. John Hickenlooper said. "This will be a complicated process, but we intend to follow through."

"That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don

DeuceWallaces
11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
They decriminalized in my hometown. It's gonna be a fun Christmas.

bmulls
11-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Can anybody explain what this means on a day to day level?

Federal law supersedes state law, and according to the Feds pot is still a Schedule I narcotic.

Now as I understand it, the people in charge at the DEA have instructed their people not to enforce certain parts of the Federal law (ie medicinal marijuana), but I don't think they are cool with outright legalization.

So if you are smoking pot in Colorado, you won't get arrested by State/County/City police, but you are still at risk of being busted by the DEA. Is this right?

DeuceWallaces
11-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Can anybody explain what this means on a day to day level?

Federal law supersedes state law, and according to the Feds pot is still a Schedule I narcotic.

Now as I understand it, the people in charge at the DEA have instructed their people not to enforce certain parts of the Federal law (ie medicinal marijuana), but I don't think they are cool with outright legalization.

So if you are smoking pot in Colorado, you won't get arrested by State/County/City police, but you are still at risk of being busted by the DEA. Is this right?

Pretty much, but likely with some other finer points and loopholes.

Styles p
11-07-2012, 01:46 PM
if you're just a smoker and not selling tons of weed the DEA will not **** with you or even know about you. they can always come in and raid dispensaries.

Scholar
11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
I bet Carmelo regrets leaving Denver now. :oldlol:

Thorpesaurous
11-07-2012, 02:46 PM
CT decriminalized it last year under a certain weight, which I don't recall, but remember thinking it was more than fair.
Basically it's still an arrestible offense to carry more than that weight, grow, or sell, but if you're caught with what essential amounts to a personal head stash, it's now only a finable offense.

It's certainly not good for you physically, but this I feel takes away it's most dangerous quality, that being getting people into far more trouble than the stuff warrants.

Loneshot
11-07-2012, 03:00 PM
CT decriminalized it last year under a certain weight, which I don't recall, but remember thinking it was more than fair.
Basically it's still an arrestible offense to carry more than that weight, grow, or sell, but if you're caught with what essential amounts to a personal head stash, it's now only a finable offense.

It's certainly not good for you physically, but this I feel takes away it's most dangerous quality, that being getting people into far more trouble than the stuff warrants.

:biggums:

DFish
11-07-2012, 03:04 PM
At least it wasn't Maryland. Overdoses among lonely, middle-aged Korean trolls would spike.

guy
11-07-2012, 03:24 PM
At least it wasn't Maryland. Overdoses among lonely, middle-aged Korean trolls would spike.

Overdoses??????

guy
11-07-2012, 03:26 PM
:biggums:

I'd say it can be indirectly not good for you physically depending on the person. Makes alot of people lazy and get the munchies.

DFish
11-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Overdoses??????

On blunts.

-p.tiddy-
11-07-2012, 03:29 PM
do they already have all the laws in place to regulate this?

-how old do you have to be to smoke?
-can it be sold in stores?
-can you smoke and drive?
-can you smoke indoors?...outdoors?...what is the punishment if caught?

etc
etc
etc???

seems like this opens up a whole new law book...

Droid101
11-07-2012, 03:31 PM

etc
etc
etc???

I mean... why not make it the same as alcohol?

Can only be sold in specific stores that have a license (like alcohol).

Have to be 21 to purchase (like alcohol).

You can currently get a DWI from weed, alcohol, xanax, so there's no change there.

Where can you drink? Usually in private or in sanctioned bars. Same with this, right?

I don't think it's all that complex.

Take Your Lumps
11-07-2012, 03:34 PM

etc
etc
etc???

21 to smoke.

Yes. Probably as early as late 2013 but probably early 2014.

No.

Not outdoors as far as I understand.

Basically they're wanting to treat it exactly like alcohol. So just like you can't walk down the street chugging a bottle of liquor, they're not going to let people walk around smoking blunts either.

Loneshot
11-07-2012, 03:35 PM
I'd say it can be indirectly not good for you physically depending on the person. Makes alot of people lazy and get the munchies.

Whenever i smoke i become a lot more aware of time and feel the need not to waste it. :confusedshrug:

Take Your Lumps
11-07-2012, 03:37 PM
I mean... why not make it the same as alcohol?

Can only be sold in specific stores that have a license (like alcohol).

Have to be 21 to purchase (like alcohol).

You can currently get a DWI from weed, alcohol, xanax, so there's no change there.

Where can you drink? Usually in private or in sanctioned bars. Same with this, right?

I don't think it's all that complex.

Yup, pretty much this. From what I understand, in Washington, there will be a year of discussion on how to enact the law, with stores able to apply for a permit to sell it by Dec. 2013. If the new alcohol law passed there last year is any indication, you should be able to legally buy weed in the summer of 2014.

BUT I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the governor has to enact the people-not-going-to-jail-for-posession part of the law within the next 30 days.

Thorpesaurous
11-07-2012, 03:39 PM

I'm not particularly bothered by laziness or the munchies. It's just that the human lung is not designed to ingest smoke of any kind really. In moderation it's not the end of the world, like most things.

Styles p
11-07-2012, 03:41 PM
i really don't understand how they can prove you're high when you're driving it's not like they can give you a breathalyzer for weed. yeah they can drug test you but marijuana stays in your system for so long they can't prove you are high at a certain time.

Niytrus
11-07-2012, 03:47 PM
I live in WA and was hoping this would not pass... the law needs to be reformed. As it stands now, driving while under the influence is a felony. From what I understand, you could have smoked two or more days earlier and still be considered under the influence... the way they determine that with blood testing needs to be dramatically changed.

hotsizzle
11-07-2012, 03:47 PM
People need to actually go read the initiative. Its not really legal, the federal government still considers it illegal. This just allows for stricter DUI laws, this is almost a step backward. An officer can assume you are impaired at any time and give you a blood test and hand you a DUI. There was public backlash over this last year in colorado when a bunch of medical marijuana users were getting DUIs like nothing just because they have THC remains in their blood.

guy
11-07-2012, 03:55 PM
On blunts.

What? Who overdoses on a blunt?

guy
11-07-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm not particularly bothered by laziness or the munchies. It's just that the human lung is not designed to ingest smoke of any kind really. In moderation it's not the end of the world, like most things.

Oh yes, that is true.

longhornfan1234
11-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Pot kills brain cells. :facepalm

guy
11-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Whenever i smoke i become a lot more aware of time and feel the need not to waste it. :confusedshrug:

Well I feel the same way to an extent, but its not like I'm going to go work out. When I think of not wasting my high, I'm thinking of watching a good movie or TV show.

Niytrus
11-07-2012, 03:58 PM
People need to actually go read the initiative. Its not really legal, the federal government still considers it illegal. This just allows for stricter DUI laws, this is almost a step backward. An officer can assume you are impaired at any time and give you a blood test and hand you a DUI. There was public backlash over this last year in colorado when a bunch of medical marijuana users were getting DUIs like nothing just because they have THC remains in their blood.

Well said, completely agree.

Droid101
11-07-2012, 04:05 PM
i really don't understand how they can prove you're high when you're driving it's not like they can give you a breathalyzer for weed. yeah they can drug test you but marijuana stays in your system for so long they can't prove you are high at a certain time.
They can't prove if you're on xanax, cocaine, etc, with a simple roadside breathalizer... doesn't mean they can't have probable cause to bring you in and blood test you.

So does alcohol.

Styles p
11-07-2012, 04:09 PM
They can't prove if you're on xanax, cocaine, etc, with a simple roadside breathalizer... doesn't mean they can't have probable cause to bring you in and blood test you.

So does alcohol.
but just because it's in your blood doesn't mean you're currently under the influence.

Droid101
11-07-2012, 04:12 PM
but just because it's in your blood doesn't mean you're currently under the influence.
I'm not sure how they can test levels, but I'm sure they'll come up with something. Doesn't the amount that shows up in the bloodwork fade over time?

Either way, you can get a dwi for it now, so that part really doesn't change much, as far as I can tell.

longhornfan1234
11-07-2012, 04:18 PM

So does alcohol.

Link a study.

Droid101
11-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Link a study.
Well, here's one refuting the claim that marijuana affects the brain negatively:

However, according to Morgan and Zimmer, in order to achieve these damaging results, doses of up to 200 times the psychoactive dose in humans would have to be given. Even studies in which subjects were given 100 times the human dose failed to cause any structural impairment of the brain. Additionally, in a more recent study of rhesus monkeys by Slikker et. al (1992), in which the monkeys were exposed to the equivalent of 4-5 joints per day through face-mask inhalation for an entire year, seven months later there was no observed change in hippocampal structure, cell size, cell number, or synaptic configuration. As a result of these studies, Morgan and Zimmer concluded that the claim that marijuana causes physiological damage to brain cells is incorrect.http://healthpsych.psy.vanderbilt.edu/2009/MarijuanaBrain.htm

And here's one about alcohol:

Not so much. Even in alcoholics, alcohol use doesn't actually result in the death of brain cells. It can, however, damage the ends of neurons, which are called dendrites. This results in problems conveying messages between the neurons. The cell itself isn't damaged, but the way that it communicates with others is altered. According to researchers such as Roberta J. Pentney, professor of anatomy and cell biology at the University at Buffalo, this damage is mostly reversible.
Alcoholics can develop a neurological disorder called Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, which can result in a loss of neurons in some parts of the brain. This syndrome also causes memory problems, confusion, paralysis of the eyes, lack of muscle coordination and amnesia. It can lead to death. However, the disorder isn't caused by the alcohol itself. It's the result of a deficiency of thiamine, an essential B vitamin. Not only are severe alcoholics often malnourished, extreme alcohol consumption can interfere with the body's absorption of thiamine.
So while alcohol doesn't actually kill brain cells, it can still damage your brain if you drink in mass quantities.
http://health.howstuffworks.com/human-body/systems/nervous-system/10-brain-myths9.htm

Neither one technically "kills brain cells" but alcohol has many more negative health impacts than marijuana.

ItsMillerTime
11-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Neither one technically "kills brain cells" but alcohol has many more negative health impacts than marijuana.

If anyone in this thread doesn't believe this statement, your opinion is invalid and you shouldn't be speaking about a subject you have no knowledge on. Thanks.

Hazard
11-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Recreational use is good, the biggest battle IMO is to decriminalize it across the country for medicinal use, cause it really does benefit people and can be used as a pain killer. In the 30's pain killers contained cannabinoids, then that smear campaign happened where that douche was losing money cause everyone and their mothers was using hemp to make paper, which was cheaper and more efficient. The Constitution and the Declaration of Independence was written on paper made out of hemp ffs. People really need to get educated about this, cause it truly is nonsense the way such a beneficial plant is being regulated as if it was a hard drug.

Droid101
11-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Recreational use is good, the biggest battle IMO is to decriminalize it across the country for medicinal use, cause it really does benefit people and can be used as a pain killer. In the 30's pain killers contained cannabinoids, then that smear campaign happened where that douche was losing money cause everyone and their mothers was using hemp to make paper, which was cheaper and more efficient. The Constitution and the Declaration of Independence was written on paper made out of hemp ffs. People really need to get educated about this, cause it truly is nonsense the way such a beneficial plant is being regulated as if it was a hard drug.
Now that the election is over, I hope Obama really tries to get it moved to Schedule II (or, ideally, remove it from Scheduling altogether). With no more elections to worry about, I think he might just do it.

Hazard
11-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Now that the election is over, I hope Obama really tries to get it moved to Schedule II (or, ideally, remove it from Scheduling altogether). With no more elections to worry about, I think he might just do it.
Yeah, its kind of shitty how all the good drugs are Schedule I. There was a study which determined that LSD can be used to treat PTSD, why that info is being kept under wraps I will never understand. Maybe cause it opens your mind to the bullshit, who knows.

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Pretty sure Obama said he is not for legalizing marijuana but I suppose it doesn't matter because his opinion is not end all be all although it's close.

With that being said, if weed every becomes legal across the nation, the next drug that will be legal is cocaine.

I'm excited.

Hazard
11-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Pretty sure Obama said he is not for legalizing marijuana but I suppose it doesn't matter because his opinion is not end all be all although it's close.

With that being said, if weed every becomes legal across the nation, the next drug that will be legal is cocaine.

I'm excited.
Obama did say that will not legalize marijuana but Obama also said that he will legalize marijuana.

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Obama did say that will not legalize marijuana but Obama also said that he will legalize marijuana.
He said it last time in 2008 that he would legalize it but over the course of his run he has changed his mind to not legalize it.

I doubt he did it to get votes either because if he did want to get votes, he would say to legalize it and Gary Johnson would have been completely irrelevant. Only reason why Johnson got any traction what so ever was because of his pro-marijuana view even though he barely got 1%.

guy
11-07-2012, 06:00 PM

I'm excited.

Umm why exactly? Cocaine is a pretty giant step after weed and alcohol.

Droid101
11-07-2012, 06:01 PM
He said it last time in 2008 that he would legalize it but over the course of his run he has changed his mind to not legalize it.

I doubt he did it to get votes either because if he did want to get votes, he would say to legalize it and Gary Johnson would have been completely irrelevant. Only reason why Johnson got any traction what so ever was because of his pro-marijuana view even though he barely got 1%.
I don't know, the attack ads would have been easy if Obama was pro-marijuana during the election.

"OBAMA wants your KIDS HIGH ON DRUGS. Is this the America you want?!"

I think he turns toward the right side now.

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 06:04 PM
At one point, there was an attempt to legalize coke because coke was viewed similar to pot. With pot legalized completely, another drug will be attempted to legalize.

As the saying goes, when one door closes, another one opens.

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 06:04 PM
I don't know, the attack ads would have been easy if Obama was pro-marijuana during the election.

Uh, yeah, keep telling yourself that.

bmulls
11-07-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't know where you potheads get the idea that Obama is pro marijuana. His administration raided twice as many dispensaries in 4 years as Bush did in 8.

Rolling Stone did an article on Obama being the worst president for marijuana here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/obamas-war-on-pot-20120216

NORML also did one.

"Bu bu bu but Obama is so cool!!! And liking pot is cool!!! He MUST be in favor of legalization!!!"

:no:

AK47DR91
11-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Under the classification of controlled drugs, marijuana is actually listed higher for abuse than cocaine.

The two posters who were talking about Schedule I and II might know more about it than me.

MavsSuperFan
11-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Whether pot is harmful or not, is irrelevant to me. Smoking is harmful, alcohol is harmful, fatty foods are harmful, sweet foods and drinks are harmful, etc. These are all legal.

Personal choice is important here. I don't want uncle sam telling me what I can and cannot consume. I don't personally smoke pot, but as long as you don't operate heavy machinery when intoxicated, I don't see how someone smoking pot negatively affects me.

As a general rule if something makes someone happy and doesnt hurt others, I think it should be legal.

highwhey
11-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Exactly my thoughts :lol
"After weed is legalized, meth will follow suit"

In all honesty, legalization of weed could improve the drug situation in the US. Mj has euphoric, analgesic, and overall recreational value. Plus, its cheap so it's a great option over opiates and other illicit drugs. Only reason I dont do it is because it doesn't help my anxiety.

StateOfMind12
Whether pot is harmful or not, is irrelevant to me. Smoking is harmful, alcohol is harmful, fatty foods are harmful, sweet foods and drinks are harmful, etc. These are all legal.

Personal choice is important here. I don't want uncle sam telling me what I can and cannot consume. I don't personally smoke pot, but as long as you don't operate heavy machinery when intoxicated, I don't see how someone smoking pot negatively affects me.

As a general rule if something makes someone happy and doesnt hurt others, I think it should be legal.
Yea, this is why cocaine should be legal as well. Life is about freedom and choice, so give it to them. Either make all bad substances illegal or make them all legal.

MavsSuperFan
Under the classification of controlled drugs, marijuana is actually listed higher for abuse than cocaine.

The two posters who were talking about Schedule I and II might know more about it than me.

I believe they are both schedule 1 drugs.

Anyways I think both should be legal.

MavsSuperFan
11-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Yea, this is why cocaine should be legal as well. Life is about freedom and choice, so give it to them. Either make all bad substances illegal or make them all legal.

I agree cocaine should be legal, if you make the choice to poison yourself, that is tragic, but I would prefer the resources of our government to be used to incarcerate violent criminals not non-violent drug offenders.

MavsSuperFan
11-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Exactly my thoughts :lol
"After weed is legalized, meth will follow suit"

In all honesty, legalization of weed could improve the drug situation in the US. Mj has euphoric, analgesic, and overall recreational value. Plus, its cheap so it's a great option over opiates and other illicit drugs. Only reason I dont do it is because it doesn't help my anxiety.

I don't because its hard to work full time and find the extra time.
already waste too much time doing stupid stuff like posting here lol

Hazard
11-07-2012, 06:16 PM

My point is that Obama's word is a fart in the wind. If his cronies tell him its in his interests to legalize pot, what he said or didn't say becomes irrelevant. Gary Johnson was pretty irrelevant, I'm pretty sure most people on this site don't even know who Gary Johnson is (Rocky Anderson is my dude, although giving him my vote is wasting it, so I went for Obama).

MavsSuperFan
11-07-2012, 06:17 PM

I think the majority of Americans are now pro legalization, if Obama doesn't support it its because of his own reasons. Maybe like some people he has grown more conservative with age and especially now that he has teenage daughters. I was surprised to find out my parents were liberals in their youth.

bmulls
11-07-2012, 06:17 PM
I agree cocaine should be legal, if you make the choice to poison yourself, that is tragic, but I would prefer the resources of our government to be used to incarcerate violent criminals not non-violent drug offenders.

And so what happens when someone irresponsible totally fcks their life up and needs to go to rehab? Who gets to pay for that?

AK47DR91
11-07-2012, 06:18 PM
I believe they are both schedule 1 drugs.

Anyways I think both should be legal.
It's under schedule II because of it's used for anesthetic.

Droid101
11-07-2012, 06:18 PM

Doesn't adderall and some diet pills have cocaine in them? Or at least, a comparable amphetamine.

No real reason for it to be controlled so hard in my opinion.

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 06:21 PM
And so what happens when someone irresponsible totally fcks their life up and needs to go to rehab? Who gets to pay for that?
Same people who pays that need to go to rehab for alcohol and marijuana issues.

My point is that Obama's word is a fart in the wind. If his cronies tell him its in his interests to legalize pot, what he said or didn't say becomes irrelevant. Gary Johnson was pretty irrelevant, I'm pretty sure most people on this site don't even know who Gary Johnson is (Rocky Anderson is my dude, although giving him my vote is wasting it, so I went for Obama).
He is more consistent than Romney at least.

MavsSuperFan
11-07-2012, 06:22 PM

What happens when someone irresponsible eats fatty foods for years and weighs 500 pounds and has to live in the hospital? What happens when that person has 4 heart attacks and needs ER services?

Why is fatty food not illegal?

bmulls
11-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Same people who pays that need to go to rehab for alcohol and marijuana issues.

:facepalm

When you start paying taxes get back to me. Until then your opinion has no meaning.

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Cocaine is not being talked about because it's looked down upon.

Go up to a group of people and tell them you do cocaine and they'll all go wtf.
Go up to a group of people and tell them you smoke pot and they'll all be like "nice, same man."

Cocaine right now is viewed as the same pot was back in the 90s or whenever it was made illegal.

Eventually cocaine will become popular and take over as the new pot. There is something cool about it being illegal, remember that.

bmulls
11-07-2012, 06:27 PM
What happens when someone irresponsible eats fatty foods for years and weighs 500 pounds and has to live in the hospital? What happens when that person has 4 heart attacks and needs ER services?

Why is fatty food not illegal?

So 2 wrongs make a right?

We take care of disgusting obese losers, might as well take care of all the addicts too!

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 06:29 PM
So 2 wrongs make a right?

We take care of disgusting obese losers, might as well take care of all the addicts too!
The point is that America about freedom and choice, so if someone wants to be some obese **** then let them be and if someone wants to be a coke addict then let them be.

If you don't let them be, then they'll just do it on their own anyways, kind of like pot in the past decade.

Jailblazers7
11-07-2012, 06:31 PM

This is the same kind of logic that has lead to a ridiculous ban of 16+ oz sodas in NY.

bmulls
11-07-2012, 06:32 PM
The point is that America about freedom and choice, so if someone wants to be some obese **** then let them be and if someone wants to be a coke addict then let them be.

If you don't let them be, then they'll just do it on their own anyways, kind of like pot in the past decade.

You don't get it. You only have freedoms up until the point where they infringe upon mine.

It's not simply freedom of choice when the rest of the responsible taxpayers have to suffer the consequences of your poor decisions.

Hazard
11-07-2012, 06:38 PM
You don't get it. You only have freedoms up until the point where they infringe upon mine.

It's not simply freedom of choice when the rest of the responsible taxpayers have to suffer the consequences of your poor decisions.
If instead of sitting here spouting your bullshit you would go and do your research, first thing you would notice is that drug use in countries where everything is decriminalized is much lower than those where they are illegal. With decriminalization comes education, the reason there are so many junkies is because they started early cause they thought it was cool, and had no idea what they were getting into. If people are properly educated about what is what then drugs wont be such an epidemic. Making them illegal does not make them go away, they are very easy to get on the street. You would know this if you actually go outside and see how shit is rather than speculating about some bullshit that was hammered into your brain by some sheltered idiots.

MavsSuperFan
11-07-2012, 06:39 PM

Everything within reason though. Obviously I have no right to attack you, but if I chose to get fat and rely on your taxes to keep me alive I can.

I mean lets use an extreme example, you should pay 100% taxes and support me, because you not doing so infringes on my freedom to not work.

bmulls
11-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Everything within reason though. Obviously I have no right to attack you, but if I chose to get fat and rely on your taxes to keep me alive I can.

I mean lets use an extreme example, you should pay 100% taxes and support me, because you not doing so infringes on my freedom to not work.

How ridiculous. The Constitution does not grant you the "freedom not to work" :facepalm

Don't even know why I'm arguing with you, you are going to rationalize this any way you can.

MavsSuperFan
11-07-2012, 06:47 PM
How ridiculous. The Constitution does not grant you the "freedom not to work" :facepalm

Don't even know why I'm arguing with you, you are going to rationalize this any way you can.

I was using a ridiculous example :lol

My point was someone getting fat/addicted/cancer from a drug/whatever doesn't directly impact your well being, at least not to a big extent. Most people won't choose to be drug addicts or fatasses if they have the option of being one.

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 06:49 PM

The tax that these people will have to pay to buy their drugs will go to their rehab facilities.

Is that better?

bmulls
11-07-2012, 06:54 PM
I was using a ridiculous example :lol

My point was someone getting fat/addicted/cancer from a drug/whatever doesn't directly impact your well being, at least not to a big extent. Most people won't choose to be drug addicts or fatasses if they have the option of being one.

It impacts me because it jacks up the cost of health insurace, and money that I paid in taxes goes to government welfare programs to help these losers.

Unbelievable how this generation thinks they are simply entitled to other people's money. It doesn't effect him that much, therefore he should give the money he worked his ass off for to me. What a pathetic attitude that is becoming all too common in this country.

Bottom line is I have no problem with you doing whatever the hell you want to yourself as long as I don't have to pay for it. Get addicted to meth, gain 500 lbs, chop your dick off, I don't give a shit as long as I don't have to pay for it.

Repeal Obamacare, cut government welfare programs, then you can have your freedom for all. Until then shut up.

MavsSuperFan
11-07-2012, 06:57 PM
It impacts me because it jacks up the cost of health insurace, and money that I paid in taxes goes to government welfare programs to help these losers.

Unbelievable how this generation thinks they are simply entitled to other people's money. It doesn't effect him that much, therefore he should give the money he worked his ass off for to me. What a pathetic attitude that is becoming all too common in this country.

Bottom line is I have no problem with you doing whatever the hell you want to yourself as long as I don't have to pay for it. Get addicted to meth, gain 500 lbs, chop your dick off, I don't give a shit as long as I don't have to pay for it.

Repeal Obamacare, cut government welfare programs, then you can have your freedom for all. Until then shut up.

Why aren't you pissed about all of your money that went to bailout the banks and the fact that Lochhead charges like $200 million per jet fighter?

Droid101
11-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Why aren't you pissed about all of your money that went to bailout the banks and the fact that Lochhead charges like $200 million per jet fighter?
Because! Some niBONG welfare queen somewhere is getting $10 bucks worth of food stamps for the week. THE HORROR

bmulls
11-07-2012, 07:10 PM

I am pissed that my money went to the bailout and I think the people responsible should have faced criminal charges. But I also realize we would have been a lot worse off without it.

As far as military spending goes I am not so naive to think that if we cut our military the world geopolitical scene would remain the same. Our military is the reason we dictate international politics. It is the reason we run this shit. Besides that, the military does far more peacekeeping than it does war starting. I support military spending 100%.

MavsSuperFan
11-07-2012, 07:14 PM
I am pissed that my money went to the bailout and I think the people responsible should have faced criminal charges. But I also realize we would have been a lot worse off without it.

As far as military spending goes I am not so naive to think that if we cut our military the world geopolitical scene would remain the same. Our military is the reason we dictate international politics. It is the reason we run this shit. Besides that, the military does far more peacekeeping than it does war starting. I support military spending 100%.

You support the defence industry price gouging the federal government?

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/procurement/217871-pentagon-lockheed-martin-agrees-to-settle-price-gouging-charges

EDIT: a lot of military spending is inefficient. When we build weapons systems the manufactures try to spread out the parts manufacturing to as many different districts and states as possible so congressmen and senators have skin in the game. It's hard to vote against jobs in your district. As you can imagine this is inefficient and causing artificially high prices.

Eg. For a tank, the cannon is built in one state, the tread in another, the chassis in another etc.

bmulls
11-07-2012, 07:18 PM
You support the defence industry price gouging the federal government?

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/procurement/217871-pentagon-lockheed-martin-agrees-to-settle-price-gouging-charges

Absolutely not

Segatti
11-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Marijuana, okay. But not other more powerful drugs please.

Turkododo
11-08-2012, 02:39 AM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c43.0.403.403/p403x403/559006_303578863080534_1541985435_n.jpg

joe
11-08-2012, 04:11 AM

No, it IS simple freedom of choice. My choice to be a 500 pound alcoholic pot smoker would have no bearing on you, except that the government makes that the case by subsidizing my health insurance.

The solution isn't to ban everything that MIGHT be unhealthy, to save taxpayers money. The solution is for the government to stop subsidizing health insurance.

Americans love to run their mouth about free country this and free country that. But they've all become such weaselly, sniveling little rats that they're afraid of freedom. They can't fathom a world where Washington DC doesn't tell them how to live their lives, and where they can't tell others how to live their lives. People like that should swim back to Europe with concrete in their shoes.

I applaud Colorado, and this is a great example of why we need STATE RIGHTS in this country to be reaffirmed, strengthened, and emboldened. I've had enough of one city trying to tell the MILLIONS of Americans what's okay and what's not okay. While states are perfectly capable of violating rights, I'd rather have 50 competing governments rather than one massive blob eating the rest of us with its bureaucratic aggression.

And as an American who as of now still has free speech, I would like to gladly, happily, proudly say, **** the DEA, as well as the FDA, EPA, and the rest. These unelected pieces of garbage don't deserve to call themselves Americans.

Edit- Wow, as anti-patriotism as I usually am, I feel really proud to be an American right now. This is what America is all about. Standing up against tyrannical bullies and their BS, stupid laws. Every man or woman who opens a pot store in Colorado gets my ultimate respect, because it takes a lot of guts to stand up to the federal government and all their guns, and prisons. Beautiful story.

bdreason
11-08-2012, 05:09 AM
Time to see how many politicians and agencies the tobacco, alcohol, and pharmaceutical companies have in their pockets. The Paper and Cotton corporations will surely be involved as well. There are many reasons that Marijuana is still illegal, and none of them have to do with how dangerous a substance it is.

KevinNYC
11-08-2012, 06:18 AM
http://slog.thestranger.com/blogs/slog/

Now that Washington State voters have passed Initiative 502 to legalize marijuana, Sergeant Sean Whitcomb, a spokesman for the Seattle Police Department, says this: "For us, the law has changed, and people can expect no enforcement for possession." The law takes effect on December 6.

Segatti
11-08-2012, 06:29 AM
No, it IS simple freedom of choice. My choice to be a 500 pound alcoholic pot smoker would have no bearing on you, except that the government makes that the case by subsidizing my health insurance.

The solution isn't to ban everything that MIGHT be unhealthy, to save taxpayers money. The solution is for the government to stop subsidizing health insurance.

Americans love to run their mouth about free country this and free country that. But they've all become such weaselly, sniveling little rats that they're afraid of freedom. They can't fathom a world where Washington DC doesn't tell them how to live their lives, and where they can't tell others how to live their lives. People like that should swim back to Europe with concrete in their shoes.

I applaud Colorado, and this is a great example of why we need STATE RIGHTS in this country to be reaffirmed, strengthened, and emboldened. I've had enough of one city trying to tell the MILLIONS of Americans what's okay and what's not okay. While states are perfectly capable of violating rights, I'd rather have 50 competing governments rather than one massive blob eating the rest of us with its bureaucratic aggression.

And as an American who as of now still has free speech, I would like to gladly, happily, proudly say, **** the DEA, as well as the FDA, EPA, and the rest. These unelected pieces of garbage don't deserve to call themselves Americans.

Edit- Wow, as anti-patriotism as I usually am, I feel really proud to be an American right now. This is what America is all about. Standing up against tyrannical bullies and their BS, stupid laws. Every man or woman who opens a pot store in Colorado gets my ultimate respect, because it takes a lot of guts to stand up to the federal government and all their guns, and prisons. Beautiful story.

Poor people steal and kill to maintain their addiction. Drugs take away the free will to decide, just look at thousands of people who want to stop but can't.

guy
11-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Cocaine is not being talked about because it's looked down upon.

Go up to a group of people and tell them you do cocaine and they'll all go wtf.
Go up to a group of people and tell them you smoke pot and they'll all be like "nice, same man."

Cocaine right now is viewed as the same pot was back in the 90s or whenever it was made illegal.

Eventually cocaine will become popular and take over as the new pot. There is something cool about it being illegal, remember that.

No its not. What are you talking about? Cocaine will never be viewed like weed because its far more harmful. Its way more addicting and you can actually overdose on it. The reason people look at weed as a drug that should be legalized is because there are very few harmful effects of it. You can't say the same thing about cocaine. With so many stories about how hard drugs like cocaine, especially crack, has ruined lives, there will be very little backing on legalizing it.

Balla_Status
11-08-2012, 10:49 AM

Because that's not the subject of the thread.

And it's lockheed.

But I agree with you. Everyone is depending on the government for money...it's messed up.

AlphaWolf24
11-08-2012, 01:50 PM

- Your right....but it's when your intoxication affects yourself/others at the workplace.

- If you drink at home and have enough time to get all the alchohol out of your system and be clear and sober for work then it's ok....if you show up to work intoxicated you could be fired.

- The problem with MJ is....it can stay in your system much longer and make you impaired for a longer amount of time then alchohol.

- I think most companies will still test employees.....and still have an option to terminate employees who have MJ in thier system.

- It's just part of bieng a Adult...If I'm working with someone....and we are doing something moderatley dangerous ( driving a car, operating a forklift , carrying heavy boxes , or even working in a office depending on each other etc..etc..) do I want someone who isn't 100% clear and focused?...do they want me to be 80% focused when I'm operating machinery???...

what if I'm not all there and accidently hurt them or Vice Versa?.....this is the stuff responsible companies/people think about.

accidents happen no matter what.....but not bieng 100% clear actually makes it worse ( that's why companies test in the first place)

MavsSuperFan
11-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Do people actually think legalizing pot will cost the government money?

You can tax it, and more importantly you would be taking non-violent drug offenders out of jail. Prison is very expensive to taxpayers.

StateOfMind12
11-08-2012, 02:41 PM
No its not. What are you talking about? Cocaine will never be viewed like weed because its far more harmful. Its way more addicting and you can actually overdose on it. The reason people look at weed as a drug that should be legalized is because there are very few harmful effects of it. You can't say the same thing about cocaine. With so many stories about how hard drugs like cocaine, especially crack, has ruined lives, there will be very little backing on legalizing it.
Yea, this is why cocaine has a bad rep.

Once, weed becomes completely legalized, cocaine will end up being like weed and it will have a high rep again. Cocaine was once attempted to be legalized.

Again, cocaine these days is pretty much viewed as what weed was back in the 80s/90s. It has a bad rep but it will eventually get a good rep because it will be the best and least harmful drug out of all the illegal drugs.

There is something interesting and cool about things that are illegal which is why pot is viewed as cool as it is.

AlphaWolf24
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM

- achohol was once viewed in the same light as Cocaine is now...especially during Prohibition..

- alchohol has ruined far more lives then any drug ever...

NBA4EVER
11-08-2012, 04:25 PM
http://soundcloud.com/biggigantic/colorado-mountain-high

guy
11-08-2012, 04:46 PM
- achohol was once viewed in the same light as Cocaine is now...especially during Prohibition..

- alchohol has ruined far more lives then any drug ever...

Alcohol has ruined more lives because far more people use it. I have no stats but I'm sure that the % of people that use cocaine who's lives have been ruined by it is higher then with alcohol.

Andrei89
11-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Until they realize more and more potheads start cancelling on their appointments, lose ambition and get isolated from the world.

It is the mental addiction they should be worried about. I have some friends who have totally lost it since they smoke weed. Funny thing is , they can't even stop. If they do ONE " hard " thing during the day such as groceries, they feel entitled they should spend the rest of the night high on weed watching TV and laughing at stupid jokes.

I live in Holland and I know weed gets the best of people. But, sure, legalize it :lol

Droid101
11-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Alcohol has ruined more lives because far more people use it. I have no stats but I'm sure that the % of people that use cocaine who's lives have been ruined by it is higher then with alcohol.
lol. Half of Wall Street is on cocaine regularly. If you think there are more ruined coke addicts than ruined drunk alcoholics, you're mistaken.

guy
11-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Yea, this is why cocaine has a bad rep.

Once, weed becomes completely legalized, cocaine will end up being like weed and it will have a high rep again. Cocaine was once attempted to be legalized.

Again, cocaine these days is pretty much viewed as what weed was back in the 80s/90s. It has a bad rep but it will eventually get a good rep because it will be the best and least harmful drug out of all the illegal drugs.

There is something interesting and cool about things that are illegal which is why pot is viewed as cool as it is.

No it won't, because its still very harmful unlike weed which isn't anywhere near as harmful regardless of it being legal or illegal.

Put it like this. I'm sure there will be people who want to legalize cocaine, but it won't be anywhere near as supported because they can't give the reasoning that its not that harmful the same way they do with weed right now.

jbot
11-08-2012, 04:56 PM
:oldlol:

denver, the mile HIGH city.

AlphaWolf24
11-08-2012, 06:45 PM

ok....alchohol is easier to get....more people use it....just as addictive. I doubt the % ( of lives "ruined) is higher for cocaine......in fact if both were legal...many more people would abuse alchohol.

How is it not worse then Cocaine??...

AlphaWolf24
11-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Until they realize more and more potheads start cancelling on their appointments, lose ambition and get isolated from the world.

It is the mental addiction they should be worried about. I have some friends who have totally lost it since they smoke weed. Funny thing is , they can't even stop. If they do ONE " hard " thing during the day such as groceries, they feel entitled they should spend the rest of the night high on weed watching TV and laughing at stupid jokes.

I live in Holland and I know weed gets the best of people. But, sure, legalize it :lol

:roll: ....exactly....

"Man I had to work for 5 hours....I deserve to be Faded for the next 3 days"

StateOfMind12
11-08-2012, 07:38 PM
No it won't, because its still very harmful unlike weed which isn't anywhere near as harmful regardless of it being legal or illegal.

Put it like this. I'm sure there will be people who want to legalize cocaine, but it won't be anywhere near as supported because they can't give the reasoning that its not that harmful the same way they do with weed right now.
lol at thinking pot became legal just because it's "harmless."

There isn't even that much proof that it is harmless. It's usually just a bunch of needledick *******s that post YouTube videos and on message boards that say it is. There are plenty of academic journals and studies that show it has a negative impact.

And as someone said, if alcohol somehow became legal and prohibition happened with it despite its massive negative effects, why shouldn't cocaine be legal?

Alcohol is a lot worse than weed, yet alcohol was legalized before weed. And FWIW, Weed might not even be completely legal when it's all said and done, it is just looking like it.

It's not even a matter of protecting people and making them stay away from harmless substances. It's a matter of freedom and choice of life. You want to poison yourself and kill yourself, so be it. It's your choice. There is no need to overcrowd prisons anymore either because people want to kill themselves, let them do it. Legalizing another drug like cocaine would do that.

Math2
11-08-2012, 08:51 PM

Maybe he's worried about the side effects of it. Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's smart

Jackass18
11-09-2012, 10:40 AM

What? Coke became popular in the '80s (or maybe it started in the '70s), and it has a much worse rep than weed probably ever had (not sure about when assholes were spitting out all kinds of propaganda against it, though). Coke head/crack heads are seen in a far worse light than potheads were. People think of Colombian drug lords, Mexican cartels, ruthless drug dealers and all kinds of shady people when they think of it. Look at popular culture. Weed was in comedies and high school movies while coke was in violent crime movies.

It's already popular. It's #2 behind weed, so if weed were to be made legal across the board, then coke would become #1. I can't see it becoming like weed, though. Many negative things came along with the epidemic of the '80s, and it's worse, not as helpful, more addicting, etc...

Here's something I read: "A 1986 Gallup poll asked Americans, "Which one of the following do you think is the MOST serious problem for society today: Marijuana, alcohol abuse, heroin, crack, other forms of cocaine or other drugs?" At 42%, "crack" and "other forms of cocaine" beat "alcohol abuse" by eight percentage points -- even though there are far more alcoholics than crack addicts."

rufuspaul
11-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Cocaine was popular during my undergrad years, especially among affluent white people. It was somehow seen as a "classy" drug. Ridiculous.

Jackass18
11-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Well, it was also associated with the rich and famous.

Take Your Lumps
11-09-2012, 12:07 PM

Source?

MavsSuperFan
11-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Source?

I don't have a source, but it probably does, I mean have you ever been high? That can't be good for your brain, from an IQ perspective :lol People need to stop with the argument pot makes you a harder work and smarter. You look comical and like those guys in the fifties that said smoking tobacco was good for you. There is a reason Clinton, Obama, Bush and etc, used to smoke and stopped, doing so on a regular basis.

But seriously I don't see how a drug being harmful should cause it to be illegal. Alcohol kills brain cells, its legal, as it should be. Pain killers cause huge addiction to the point that people need it to live, its available from doctors. Smoking kills an American every 30 secs right? Going off a commercial I saw in the past. Any ways we know smoking reduces lung function and causes cancer, its still legal, as it should be. Fatty foods and foods and drinks high in sugar cause obesity, and is still legal, as it should be.

Too me legalization of pot comes down to 3 points.

1. Personal freedom, if you want to do something that makes you happy, and it doesn't directly reduce anyone else's quality of life, it should be allowed.

2. The financial cost of imprisonment of non-violent drug offenders. In some states prisons are so full they are letting prisoners out. The costs of housing these non-violent offenders is unnecessary.

3. The human cost to the non-violent convict. Its very hard to get a good job with a conviction on your record. Every decent job will require a background check. These guys are often young and their imprisonment makes the chance of complete/utilizing their education difficult. They get hardened by the prison system and are released more dangerous than when they went in. I believe I have read that non-violent drug offenders are targeted for sexual assault because they are perceived as easier targets, since presumably they don't have a history of violence and aren't in a prison gang that can back them up, also unlike child molesters they are put in general population.

Dictator
11-09-2012, 01:33 PM
I think inhaling the smoke it what's most dangerous and not the marijuana itself. Idk I'm just by my feelings towards it.

But you're allowed to smoke cigarettes so marijuana isn't that bad.

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
lol. Half of Wall Street is on cocaine regularly. If you think there are more ruined coke addicts than ruined drunk alcoholics, you're mistaken.
I don't think so...coke addicts don't last long at all, they have heart problems early...an overweight coke addict won't make it past 45 years old

he's right I think...booz have ruined more lives than coke because there are 100x more drinkers than sniffers

coke is just awful...I dated a girl that had a bad coke habit for a while, she was a complete mess...I was always wondering if she was going to OD on my clock

AlphaWolf24
11-09-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't think so...coke addicts don't last long at all, they have heart problems early...an overweight coke addict won't make it past 45 years old

he's right I think...booz have ruined more lives than coke because there are 100x more drinkers than sniffers

coke is just awful...I dated a girl that had a bad coke habit for a while, she was a complete mess...I was always wondering if she was going to OD on my clock

Heart or Liver it don't matter....abuse any substance and it will destro your body..

a co worker just past away from abusing alchohol at 40 years old...:mad:

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Heart or Liver it don't matter....abuse any substance and it will destro your body..

a co worker just past away from abusing alchohol at 40 years old...:mad:
that's pretty young for an alcoholic to go...:(

sorry

embersyc
11-09-2012, 01:53 PM
I think inhaling the smoke it what's most dangerous and not the marijuana itself. Idk I'm just by my feelings towards it.

But you're allowed to smoke cigarettes so marijuana isn't that bad.

There are more ways to imbibe, such as vaporizers and edibles. One doesn't have to smoke it. The medical dispensaries even sell suckers.

daily
11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Source?Does my friend who's been a chronic pot smoker for 20 years count? He can't go to the store without a list because if he's buying more than 2 things he forgets the second one :lol

Brilliant artist but he's totally baked and he blames pot 100% for his poor memory

AlphaWolf24
11-09-2012, 02:08 PM
that's pretty young for an alcoholic to go...:(

sorry

yup...too young

StateOfMind12
11-09-2012, 02:52 PM
What? Coke became popular in the '80s (or maybe it started in the '70s), and it has a much worse rep than weed probably ever had (not sure about when assholes were spitting out all kinds of propaganda against it, though). Coke head/crack heads are seen in a far worse light than potheads were. People think of Colombian drug lords, Mexican cartels, ruthless drug dealers and all kinds of shady people when they think of it. Look at popular culture. Weed was in comedies and high school movies while coke was in violent crime movies.
Yes, but when weed becomes fully legalized then cocaine won't be seen in such a bad light anymore. Cocaine will move to what weed currently is eventually. It is media bias that cocaine is in a bad light while weed is in a good one. The media will eventually shift cocaine in the good light and put some other drug that's already bad in an even worse light.

It's already popular. It's #2 behind weed, so if weed were to be made legal across the board, then coke would become #1. I can't see it becoming like weed, though. Many negative things came along with the epidemic of the '80s, and it's worse, not as helpful, more addicting, etc...
Well if alcohol can become legal despite its harmful effects then I think cocaine can and should be argued to be legal as well. Most illicit drugs could be legalized.

I think it will happen at some point.

Burgz V2
11-09-2012, 02:56 PM
it is still illegal according to federal laws, they have to find a way to repeal or legally bypass it or things such as felony possession charges will still be in effect.

a step in the right direction though, once govts start realizing that they are wasting huge pools of resources in persecuting marijuana users they'll realize that these same resources could help elsewhere, which is crucial in a volatile economic climate.

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Yes, but when weed becomes fully legalized then cocaine won't be seen in such a bad light anymore. Cocaine will move to what weed currently is eventually. It is media bias that cocaine is in a bad light while weed is in a good one. The media will eventually shift cocaine in the good light and put some other drug that's already bad in an even worse light.

Well if alcohol can become legal despite its harmful effects then I think cocaine can and should be argued to be legal as well. Most illicit drugs could be legalized.

I think it will happen at some point.
no dude...it is pretty much impossible to put cocaine in a "good light" at this point

this isn't the 1700s anymore

and I really don't want to see that drug legal EVER...just because alcohol is legal doesn't mean we should make crack and heroin legal as well...fck that

StateOfMind12
11-09-2012, 03:04 PM
no dude...it is pretty much impossible to put cocaine in a "good light" at this point

this isn't the 1700s anymore

and I really don't want to see that drug legal EVER...just because alcohol is legal doesn't mean we should make crack and heroin legal as well...fck that
Well, do you think pot should be legalized like it's on the way to being? We don't know for sure if it will happen but it is looking like it.

My stance is simply, either keep every drug illegal like pot, cocaine, etc. and then make alcohol illegal or legalize every drug. I don't think they should nitpick which drugs you can or cannot use.

It should be all or nothing.

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Well, do you think pot should be legalized like it's on the way to being? We don't know for sure if it will happen but it is looking like it.

My stance is simply, either keep every drug illegal like pot, cocaine, etc. and then make alcohol illegal or legalize every drug. I don't think they should nitpick which drugs you can or cannot use.

It should be all or nothing.
naw...keep hard drugs and prescription drugs illegal

alcohol and tobacco would be illegal if that was possible, but those beasts are just an unstoppable force that have casual users

there are no casual users of crack and heroin...they are meant purely just to get high, not to enjoy with your chicken dinner

StateOfMind12
11-09-2012, 03:14 PM
naw...keep hard drugs and prescription drugs illegal

alcohol and tobacco would be illegal if that was possible, but those beasts are just an unstoppable force that have casual users

there are no casual users of crack and heroin...they are meant purely just to get high, not to enjoy with your chicken dinner
Well, I'm just saying that when one door closes, another one opens. Chances are the next door is cocaine since it is the #2 drug as stated.

I think only smoking pot is bad, not marijuana as a whole (weed brownies, etc. are ok imo) but then again there is academic journals for people to read if they want legitimate research and stats on it. I hate it when people reference some **** on YouTube or some needledick in a message board or an article. They are no more credible than anyone on here.

btw, I'm still not sure if you said weed should be kept illegal unless you considered weed a prescription drug.

Cangri
11-09-2012, 11:51 PM
I've been hearing about how easy it is to grow marijuana, so in the end the government wont be able to tax it and gain much money from it, is there really any truth to this?

bmulls
11-10-2012, 12:02 AM
I've been hearing about how easy it is to grow marijuana, so in the end the government wont be able to tax it and gain much money from it, is there really any truth to this?

The pot most people smoke is grown indoors with expensive lights, precise amounts of fertilizers and a hydroponics setup. It can get very expensive.

I think it will grow outside, but the product will be shitty, maybe even unsmokable. When I was in high school a friend of mine found a bunch of wild marijuana plants and he grabbed like a whole trashbag full. We tried smoking it and it was horrible, didn't get high at all.

Cangri
11-10-2012, 12:14 AM
The pot most people smoke is grown indoors with expensive lights, precise amounts of fertilizers and a hydroponics setup. It can get very expensive.

I think it will grow outside, but the product will be shitty, maybe even unsmokable. When I was in high school a friend of mine found a bunch of wild marijuana plants and he grabbed like a whole trashbag full. We tried smoking it and it was horrible, didn't get high at all.
:cheers:
Yeah I was thinking something like that, growing pot on your own would be a hassle and I definitely would want to buy quality pot from a local store anyways.

DonDadda59
11-10-2012, 01:33 AM
If this measure gets over the federal hurdle (and I'm assuming it will go before the Supreme Court), I think other states will adopt it once they see the cash windfall that Colorado and Washington will receive from the tax revenue (last I heard it was set at 15%). That's a lot of scratch.

Jackass18
11-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Yes, but when weed becomes fully legalized then cocaine won't be seen in such a bad light anymore. Cocaine will move to what weed currently is eventually. It is media bias that cocaine is in a bad light while weed is in a good one.

What are you talking about? It's more harmful, more addicting, less useful, and you can OD on it.

And: "The crack epidemic is correlated with a sharp increase in crime on an unprecedented scale, especially violent crime. Research by two prominent economists from the University of Chicago, Steven Levitt (co-author of Freakonomics and winner of the 2003 John Bates Clark Medal) and Kevin Murphy (winner of the 1997 John Bates Clark Medal) suggest that crack was the most prominent factor contributing to the rise and fall of social ills in the African American and Latino communities between 1980 and 2000.

Between 1984 and 1994, the homicide rate for black males aged 14 to 17 more than doubled, and the homicide rate for black males aged 18 to 24 increased nearly as much. During this period, the black community also experienced an increase in fetal death rates, low birth-weight babies, weapons arrests, and the number of children in foster care."

It's seen in a more negative light because it's more negative. Have you tried these things? They won't be seen in the same light and they shouldn't.

Coke is a much harder sell than weed and alcohol. Prohibiting alcohol didn't work out, there's not the same problem with coke.

che guevara
11-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Lol @ the people in here worrying about the feds, only the biggest of growers/distributors will even be known about, let alone prosecuted for crimes. They're not going to waste their time on stoners.

miller-time
11-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Well, I'm just saying that when one door closes, another one opens. Chances are the next door is cocaine since it is the #2 drug as stated.

doubt it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_%28mean _physical_harm_and_mean_dependence%29.svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocaine#Medical_effects

fiddy
11-11-2012, 09:27 AM
doubt it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_%28mean _physical_harm_and_mean_dependence%29.svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocaine#Medical_effects
Id stick to this one:

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/comparecht.gif

Its created by UK scientist.

embersyc
11-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Id stick to this one:

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/comparecht.gif

Its created by UK scientist.

Yeah, but this one fails to mention your heart might explode if you do a lot. While I agree it's less addictive and obviously less intoxicating than alcohol, it is just not safe to use on a regular basis.

fiddy
11-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah, but this one fails to mention your heart might explode if you do a lot. While I agree it's less addictive and obviously less intoxicating than alcohol, it is just not safe to use on a regular basis.
Gotta agree on that. I dont approve daily smoking at all. Last year i had a period in my life that i was every day a few times (bad company). My mind was cloudy and my cognitive abilities werent my as sharp as they are usually. Not a huge difference but significant one. I usually smoke couple of time per week and sometimes even less. I also like to take pauses like no smoking for 2 months straight and so on.
Bottom line is that mj is times less harmful IMO than alcohol and the better solution for dealing with stress.

Whats that with heart explosion? Ive "over smoked" couple of times only twice got the accelerated heart rate but thats all.