PDA

View Full Version : Is Texas the best state in the US to live in?

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 08:34 PM
best economy, jobs everywhere, nice people, conservative, has major cities, etc...

is it the best state in the US to live in at the moment?

ace23
11-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Too much racism and stereotyping.

Everything else is great, though.

L.Kizzle
11-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Too much racism and stereotyping.

Everything else is great, though.
That's every where nigha.

TEXAS is awesome.

H-Town stay Down!!!

Screwston

MMM
11-07-2012, 09:08 PM
texas is not as racist as people assume

IcanzIIravor
11-07-2012, 09:21 PM
best economy, jobs everywhere, nice people, conservative, has major cities, etc...

If you worship Walker, Texas Ranger then it is definitely the place to be.

Segatti
11-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Texas is the best place in the world. And has awesome NBA teams by the way :bowdown:

Loneshot
11-07-2012, 10:13 PM

Eh, i wouldn't risk it.

magic chiongson
11-07-2012, 10:24 PM
i have texas plates :D

MetsPackers
11-07-2012, 10:29 PM
I would rather live in; new jersey, new york, california, florida, or Massachusetts.

So no

And how is widespread conservatism a good thing? :roll:
Ignorance is bliss i suppose

rezznor
11-07-2012, 10:32 PM
I would rather live in; new jersey, new york, california, florida, or Massachusetts.

So no

texas has a good chance to turn blue within the next 4 years..

MMM
11-07-2012, 10:37 PM

So no

Isn't California considered a failed state with some places having 3rd world living conditions.

1987_Lakers
11-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Texas is way too hot for me. Hate hot weather. It's also a red state.

Much rather be living here in the Bay Area.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-07-2012, 10:44 PM
texas has a good chance to turn blue within the next 4 years..
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae351/Saldana23/shaq.gif

UtahJazzFan88
11-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Loved the BBQ places in Texas when I was there. Especially the Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo.

rezznor
11-07-2012, 11:10 PM
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae351/Saldana23/shaq.gif
dallas, houston, austin, and san antonio (our 4 largest cities) all voted democratic. the hispanic population is exploding here and we all know they are leaning democratic. again, texas will be a battleground state eventually.

Balla_Status
11-07-2012, 11:28 PM

So no

Because widespread conservatism is the reason why our economy is the best in the nation.

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Which city in Texas do you guys think is the best? Austin or Dallas? or another one? Compare and contrast Texas brahs.

Balla_Status
11-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Which city in Texas do you guys think is the best? Austin or Dallas? or another one? Compare and contrast Texas brahs.

Austin is the best imo. Dallas > Houston

Balla_Status
11-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Great thing about Texas beaches (mainly south padre island) is that you can actually enjoy the water. California beaches have cold ass water year round.

KingBeasley08
11-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Been to Austin before and loved it. One of my favorite cities I've been too

StateOfMind12
11-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Austin is the best imo. Dallas > Houston
What makes Austin superior to Dallas? would like to know.

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 12:01 AM
What makes Austin superior to Dallas? would like to know.
Austin is the second most liberal city in the US after San Fran...

Dallas is better though imo...huge city , 5th largest in the US, sports teams, etc

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Some of you put WAY WAY WAY too much emphasis on "red and blue" states lol

All the major cities are "blue" and it isn't like the rest of the state is running around burning crosses in lawns and shit, good lord lol.

There are plenty of nice good hearted people that are conservative...get out and look around if you get the chance

ace23
11-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Austin is the second most liberal city in the US after San Fran
Source?

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Source?
Google it

I'm on my phone...

raiderfan19
11-08-2012, 01:15 AM
It is. I'd lean to Dallas for the same reason id take Texas over Cali. Dallas is just so much cheaper.

Edit-anyway, Texas is great for a variety of reasons, no state income taxes, great people, great sports teams, great environment to raise kids in and a great music scene

rezznor
11-08-2012, 03:24 AM
austin>dallas>houston>san antonio>fort worth

Q.E.C
11-08-2012, 04:22 AM
That's every where nigha.

TEXAS is awesome.

H-Town stay Down!!!

Screwston

Awwready!

Rojogaqu11
11-08-2012, 05:57 AM
I haven't lived anywhere else but Texas is a great state.
Everything is usually cheaper than in other states. Lots of land. Great ethnic diversity. It's in general a conservative state, which I personally think is a positive, but like anywhere else, you can find lots of disagreement on the foundation of values, religions, etc. if you have a certain amount of diversity. It's not just ranches, cows, and oil. There are many cosmopolitan cities in it, and it has the best economy.

SCREWstonRockets
11-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Texas is only racist in certain hick towns in the middle of nowhere......and Dallas

And there are lots of stupid and crazy religious people down here.
Houston > Austin > Dallas

Yes I may be a bit biased.

MavsSuperFan
11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
dallas, houston, austin, and san antonio (our 4 largest cities) all voted democratic. the hispanic population is exploding here and we all know they are leaning democratic. again, texas will be a battleground state eventually.

This is true, it will be the end of the republican party (in its current form at least), as a party with a legitimate chance at the presidency.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg/800px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg.png

kentatm
11-08-2012, 02:02 PM
I love it here. My whole family has moved to Colorado but I don't think I'm ever going to leave.

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 02:07 PM
I love it here. My whole family has moved to Colorado but I don't think I'm ever going to leave.
:cheers:

we might not agree on Jerry, but we do agree on this

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-09-2012, 11:32 PM
just moved to texas from nj on Wednesday. 2 words; taco trucks.

2 more words; strip clubs.

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 11:41 PM
just moved to texas from nj on Wednesday. 2 words; taco trucks.

2 more words; strip clubs.
Where in Texas?

raiderfan19
11-09-2012, 11:44 PM
That's not a good thing

mlh1981
11-09-2012, 11:53 PM
I love living in Florida, but if i ever left, Texas would be on my list of places to go. I've ever been, but it has a lot of large cities, and beaches. Seems like the economy is good, too. Can't beat that.

jbot
11-10-2012, 01:35 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280683

SourPatchKids
11-10-2012, 01:39 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280683
Big Deal, in California we have In & Out.

kentatm
11-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Where in Texas?

based on his 2 more words I'd say DFW :lol

Big Deal, in California we have In & Out.

super overrated and we have it now.

I dont get why people flip out over animal style when all I see is a friggin soggy burger with thousand island dressing instead of ketchup and mustard.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 02:24 AM
Almost moved to San Antonio because Texas seems to have a ton going for it. Two big big problems for me though.

1. Heat. I can't stand the heat and get extremely irritable from it. I love rain.

2. You guys got gnarly mosquito and bug problems in some areas and I don't want to have to deal with that sh**. Here in So Cal I'll get an occasional fly or small spider in the house, that's it.

Saintsfan1992
11-10-2012, 02:30 AM
**** Texas

especially Houston

johndeeregreen
11-10-2012, 12:43 PM
What's Big Spring/Midland area like?

BuGzBuNNy
11-10-2012, 01:03 PM
What's Big Spring/Midland area like?
Born and raised in Midland. I only pass through Big Spring traveling to or from Midland to or from the Dallas area.

Its nothing like a big city area like Dallas or Houston. Its not a place you'd go on vacation or even close. Someone that went to Midland or Big Spring on vacation definitely has family there. Midlands a great place to raise a family, though, and I wouldn't rather have been raised elsewhere.

http://i46.tinypic.com/wkk680.jpg
I thought this was funny though I'm not sure why death is there

SCREWstonRockets
11-10-2012, 01:21 PM
**** Texas

especially Houston
Hey man we took yo bitch ass displaced ass and gave you shelter. Show some respect you interloper
:no:

UtahJazzFan88
11-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Born and raised in Midland. I only pass through Big Spring traveling to or from Midland to or from the Dallas area.

Its nothing like a big city area like Dallas or Houston. Its not a place you'd go on vacation or even close. Someone that went to Midland or Big Spring on vacation definitely has family there. Midlands a great place to raise a family, though, and I wouldn't rather have been raised elsewhere.

http://i46.tinypic.com/wkk680.jpg
I thought this was funny though I'm not sure why death is there

West Texas is boring mostly, but I personally thought Amarillo was a nice town & Big Texan Streak Ranch is really good.

BuGzBuNNy
11-10-2012, 01:51 PM
West Texas is boring mostly, but I personally thought Amarillo was a nice town & Big Texan Streak Ranch is really good.
Yea, i'm a fan of areas smaller than Dallas or Houston. I have no memory of amarillo but I'm pretty sure I've been. They were trying to get their school in the same district as ours which would have been a ridiculous drive for high school sports. Texas is huge. Midland is a 9 hour drive from Houston, 6 hours from Dallas, 4 hours from amarillo, 5 hours to El Paso and 6 hours to San antonio.. and El Paso and Houston are the only of those that are on the outskirts of the state.

eliteballer
11-10-2012, 08:56 PM

It won't if the GOP gets it's act together. Hispanics are heavily christian and religious but the GOP's image right now is that of a "white party"

boozehound
11-10-2012, 10:03 PM
perhaps not, but it is still very racist. I have been to very few restaurants, even in alabama, that were still spatially segregated. I have been in several in texas. There is a palpable racial tension in many work settings as well IMO. I am glad to be out of texas after nearly a decade there. Sure, I miss some things, but I dont miss most of it. Not just the racism. very closeminded people in much of rural texas and the most hypocritical and idiotic governor, schoolboard, etc in the country.

boozehound
11-10-2012, 10:05 PM
west texas is only boring if you are boring.

-p.tiddy-
11-10-2012, 10:48 PM
perhaps not, but it is still very racist. I have been to very few restaurants, even in alabama, that were still spatially segregated. I have been in several in texas. There is a palpable racial tension in many work settings as well IMO. I am glad to be out of texas after nearly a decade there. Sure, I miss some things, but I dont miss most of it. Not just the racism. very closeminded people in much of rural texas and the most hypocritical and idiotic governor, schoolboard, etc in the country.
wtf...I've never seen anything to suggest Texas has more racial tension than any other state...

you must be talking about outside the major cities...

-p.tiddy-
11-10-2012, 10:57 PM
America's 10 Most Segregated Cities (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/07/americas-10-most-segregated-cities_n_845092.html#s261024&title=10_NassauSuffolk_New)
^^^No Texas city to be found there...

How Racist Are We? Ask Google (http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/09/how-racist-are-we-ask-google/)
^^^ racism by google search

The state with the highest racially charged search rate in the country was West Virginia. Other areas with high percentages included western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio, upstate New York and southern Mississippi.

Race War in America: Study Names 10 Most Racist States- Libs. Centrists, and Cons= all Racist. (http://www.racelies.com/2012/06/race-war-in-america-study-names-10-most.html)
^^^

Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina, Alabama, and New Jersey. Yes, in our travels we noticed these states are very Racist against Blacks. It's like the Whites in these states are adamant that Blacks need to take a back seat in running the country, and our turn- like we are "Good little Monkeys." The Whites in these states have an obvious problem against Blacks, and we expect these states to be quite bloody in the coming Race Wars.

shaq2000
11-10-2012, 11:03 PM
This is true, it will be the end of the republican party (in its current form at least), as a party with a legitimate chance at the presidency.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg/800px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg.png

There cannot be that many Germans.

SuperPippen
11-10-2012, 11:37 PM
There cannot be that many Germans.

I'm pretty sure that most White Americans today are of primarily German descent.

Saintsfan1992
11-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Hey man we took yo bitch ass displaced ass and gave you shelter. Show some respect you interloper

***** I took that shit from u cowards.

95% of yall ain't made for that lifestyle

L.Kizzle
11-11-2012, 01:04 AM
**** Texas

especially Houston
Watch yo mouth dreaded nigha.

Us Houston nighas ws civil to t'all punk asses and y'all tried to takes over ... tried. We kicked you the fck and and y'all tried to set up shop in Dallas.

StateOfMind12
11-11-2012, 01:31 AM
How diverse is Texas? I've been in Cali and talk to a lot of people in Cali and it seems like the diversity in Cali is the best. You'll see all types of interracial relationships (white male/asian female, asian male/white female, hispanic female/asian male, etc.) and all types of races just about everywhere you look.

How is it down in Texas, specifically the major cities, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worthy, etc.?

DFish
11-11-2012, 01:41 AM
How diverse is Texas? I've been in Cali and talk to a lot of people in Cali and it seems like the diversity in Cali is the best. You'll see all types of interracial relationships (white male/asian female, asian male/white female, hispanic female/asian male, etc.) and all types of races just about everywhere you look.

How is it down in Texas, specifically the major cities, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worthy, etc.?

RG, you're funny.

StateOfMind12
11-11-2012, 01:48 AM
RG, you're funny.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238892

Tarik One
11-11-2012, 02:37 AM

Cali is probably the most diverse place in the world. Lived there 5+ years.

Texas is the most self-contained state in the country. It is literally recession-proof. An outstanding place to live.

Balla_Status
11-11-2012, 12:03 PM

You lived in Bryan, TX.

Closeminded people are everywhere...can't disagree with you on goodhair and the school board though.

Balla_Status
11-11-2012, 12:05 PM

No shit. What an ungracious little ****.

When the last hurricane came around, Texas pretty much told New Orleans to **** off and don't come here. Just leeches on the city...

Saintsfan1992
11-11-2012, 12:09 PM
No shit. What an ungracious little ****.

When the last hurricane came around, Texas pretty much told New Orleans to **** off and don't come here. Just leeches on the city...
U can sdfu also *****

TEXAS U ARE NOT THE GREATEST STATE IN THE COUNTRY STOP IT.

U ARE REGULAR CITIZENS JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.:pimp:

Saintsfan1992
11-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Watch yo mouth dreaded nigha.

Us Houston nighas ws civil to t'all punk asses and y'all tried to takes over ... tried. We kicked you the fck and and y'all tried to set up shop in Dallas.

I have no dreads **** boy

U didn't do shit boi

We had you ****** shook and u know it.

and it wasn't that many of us. :roll: :roll:

L.Kizzle
11-11-2012, 12:37 PM
I have no dreads **** boy

U didn't do shit boi

We had you ****** shook and u know it.

and it wasn't that many of us. :roll: :roll:
Shook, y'all dumb nighas was committing crimes on each other in the Astrodome, dumb fcks.

Only good shit that came out of the NO is Jazz, Fats Domino, Aaron Neville and Master P.

Saintsfan1992
11-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Shook, y'all dumb nighas was committing crimes on each other in the Astrodome, dumb fcks.

Only good shit that came out of the NO is Jazz, Fats Domino, Aaron Neville and Master P.

LOL

stop it, if you dumb asses would have backed chamillionair yall would be on top.

and JAZZ alone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

L.Kizzle
11-11-2012, 12:44 PM
LOL

stop it, if you dumb asses would have backed chamillionair yall would be on top.

and JAZZ alone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
But won't lie, y'all were good for the srcip club culture here in Houston. NO broads were doin' shit Houston girls never did!!!

Pointguard
11-11-2012, 12:50 PM

Curious, why concern yourself with a state? You can't live in multiple cities at a time. Its an impractical question, isn't it? What's the best continent to live on? It's way too general. Florida has a different Tax Code... NY has different seasons... Which place has no hurricanes? Which state has lots of grass? A good proportion of fine women to men?

Looking at your question, you really just wanted to make a political statement. You are good by me, just curious as to why you just don't say it?

Saintsfan1992
11-11-2012, 01:00 PM
But won't lie, y'all were good for the srcip club culture here in Houston. NO broads were doin' shit Houston girls never did!!!

This is true.

u know we love u self absorbed assholes

u are like your stuck up cousins we hate but still love :cheers:

#SOUTHERNLOVE