View Full Version : 23 pages of info on GTA V

Dictator
11-08-2012, 04:25 PM
http://fast1195.imgur.com/grand_theft_auto_5_gi_reveal

enjoy :cheers:

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 04:40 PM
looks amazing

unfortunately, like all the GTA games...I will never come close to playing all the way through, just too long

better than too short though!

Andrei89
11-08-2012, 04:42 PM
I finished them all fo real.

My favorite : GTA 4 The Lost and the Damned expansion.

I cannot wait for this game.

Dictator
11-08-2012, 04:57 PM
map is gonna be almost 50 sqm

Pacers4ever
11-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Never played any GTA someone explain to me why people love it. I don't like linear/story driven games btw not saying that's what GTA is.

highwhey
11-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Never played any GTA someone explain to me why people love it. I don't like linear/story driven games btw not saying that's what GTA is.
Bc you can do anything u want, its versatile and fun as hell, especially when ur high

Rake2204
11-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Never played any GTA someone explain to me why people love it. I don't like linear/story driven games btw not saying that's what GTA is.I've always enjoyed the Grand Theft Auto series for the freedom it provides to the gamer. GTA III for PS2 was my first experienced with what's known as a sandbox game. Basically, in games like GTA and its partner Red Dead Redemption, there's a story to be lived out, but you're not required to live it out. I mean, to fully explore every corner of the game's world, a certain level of storyline completion is required (which isn't tough to do, since the storylines are most often engaging) but there's much to do that goes well beyond the storyline.

For instance, in Red Dead Redemption, the primary storyline is a progtagonist cowboy working his way back to his family. However, my friend and I spent hours upon hours doing nothing that'd further help our cause in that mission. Instead, we opted to have a stunningly enjoyable time exploring the countryside, hunting, starting bar fights, discovering a waterfall, taming horses, jumping onto moving trains and talking to drifters in the desert.

For as long as the discovery lasts, playing each GTA and RDR is perhaps the best type of video game experience I've ever had. In fact, it also provides the saddest moments, as when I finally attained 100% completion in RDR and knew I'd searched and lived every nook and cranny of the game itself, there was a feeling of emptiness knowing I wouldn't be able to re-gain the feeling I had when I was first riding my horse across the countryside. The same goes for each Grand Theft Auto I've played. But don't get me wrong, the experience has always been worth it.

Asiantastic
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
http://fast1195.imgur.com/grand_theft_auto_5_gi_reveal

enjoy :cheers:

:cheers:

Repped.

East_Stone_Ya
11-08-2012, 06:16 PM
:applause:

Scoooter
11-08-2012, 06:20 PM
map is gonna be almost 50 sqm
How big that is compared to Red Dead Redemption? Because that game genuinely impressed me with its environment.

Dictator
11-08-2012, 06:22 PM
How big that is compared to Red Dead Redemption? Because that game genuinely impressed me with its environment.

The map is bigger than gta sa, red dead redemption, and gta iv combined. Plus more.

It says it in the article.

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 06:27 PM
The map is bigger than gta sa, red dead redemption, and gta iv combined. Plus more.

It says it in the article.
honestly that sounds too big

missions that require driving from one edge of the map to the other can be tedious and frustrating...bump into a car a little bit and sets off a cop chase and ruins the last 20 minutes of work lol

shoops
11-08-2012, 06:32 PM

missions that require driving from one edge of the map to the other can be tedious and frustrating...bump into a car a little bit and sets off a cop chase and ruins the last 20 minutes of work lol
True lol, especially if you get stuck in the desert or some shit.

They'll prob have functional taxis and shit but it's pretty annoying going places on foot.

Rake2204
11-08-2012, 06:42 PM

missions that require driving from one edge of the map to the other can be tedious and frustrating...bump into a car a little bit and sets off a cop chase and ruins the last 20 minutes of work lolFrom the sound of it, with the introduction of three co-existing playable characters, GTA's goal seems to be eliminating some of the tedium. They mentioned a few examples where two or three of the characters may all be working on the same mission. At one point you could control the guy who's cracking a safe, then once that fun thing's been done, you can seamlessly switch to the other guy who's holding sniper position on the roof.

Personally, I can never find a GTA world too large. The bit about GTA V's world being larger that San Andreas, IV, and RDR combined was the best piece of information I drew from that article. It should be a lot of fun exploring every corner of that world, even the ocean floor.

Beyond the size of the world, my next favorite thing to learn about is the art details. Sprinklers turning on every evening, leaving puddles on the street, dogs jumping on fences as you walk by... I love that stuff.

Also, for those who didn't read, some of the available activities this time around:

Yoga
Jet-Skiing
Base Jumping
Triathlons
Tennis
Golf (full playable course)

embersyc
11-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Nice find, I hope they do a good job with this one, GTA4 was a bit of a letdown after San Andreas.

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 06:47 PM
From the sound of it, with the introduction of three co-existing playable characters, GTA's goal seems to be eliminating some of the tedium. They mentioned a few examples where two or three of the characters may all be working on the same mission. At one point you could control the guy who's cracking a safe, then once that fun thing's been done, you can seamlessly switch to the other guy who's holding sniper position on the roof.

Personally, I can never find a GTA world too large. The bit about GTA V's world being larger that San Andreas, IV, and RDR combined was the best piece of information I drew from that article. It should be a lot of fun exploring every corner of that world, even the ocean floor.

Beyond the size of the world, my next favorite thing to learn about is the art details. Sprinklers turning on every evening, leaving puddles on the street, dogs jumping on fences as you walk by... I love that stuff.

Also, for those who didn't read, some of the available activities this time around:

Yoga
Jet-Skiing
Base Jumping
Triathlons
Tennis
Golf (full playable course)
I'm sure it will be an amazing game no doubt...

you have more time on your hands than I do though, the GTA games require days upon days of playing time to complete, that is time that I just don't have any more at this stage in my life...:(

a game like Bioshock can be completed in 20-30 hours or so...GTA needs more like 200-300 hours of play time lol

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
no celeb voices at all in this game...I guess they decided that wasn't worth the trouble and $$$ at all...

shoops
11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Hopefully it'll be good. I know it wasn't like this for most people, but I didn't enjoy SA that much, found it kinda boring tbh even with the planes and shit, prob cause I played the shit out of VC. Didn't clock many hours on it, and some missions were hard as hell, don't think I was close to finishing the story. I thought IV was pretty good though, some of the changes blew me away, like the physics, shattering glass, flying out of ur car, etc. Only annoyances was getting around sometimes (slow and sometimes clunky), combat (melee was still shitty as always), and shitty optimization for the pc.

Rake2204
11-08-2012, 07:03 PM

you have more time on your hands than I do though, the GTA games require days upon days of playing time to complete, that is time that I just don't have any more at this stage in my life...:(

a game like Bioshock can be completed in 20-30 hours or so...GTA needs more like 200-300 hours of play time lolWhaaaaaat. I'll have to go check my logged GTA IV time. I'm not sure I've ever 100% completed a Grand Theft Auto, but I feel like I've gotten close, and without spending a very large amount of time, certainly nothing close to 100 hours I would believe.

I thought Red Dead Redemption was pretty perfect. 100% completion was very attainable and again, I don't think it took an unbelievable amount of time.

I guess I have to ask, are you referring to the main story line or the entire game with side missions? If the former, I think there was even an achievement for finishing under 30 hours, which probably means you'd have to push yourself to finish that soon, but also most people's times were right around there (I think). I never messed around with the pigeon search because it seemed way too tedious. That's what was so great about Red Dead Redemption. There were side missions, and they were challenging, but not quite as tedious.

no celeb voices at all in this game...I guess they decided that wasn't worth the trouble and $$$ at all...Yeah, I think there logic was sound on that one. They mentioned how in-depth their studio sessions are now in comparison to previous games and they probably rightly assumed it'd be time and effort for which a lot of the stars just wouldn't want to commit. Further, I think there's a lot of truth to the notion of sometimes when a star is voicing a character, it can be tough to establish that character as his own person. For instance, in San Andreas, the crooked cop was always Samuel L. Jackson to me, not... well... the character. The new voices, so long as they're good, will allow for a deeper connection to the characters, in my opinion.

AlphaWolf24
11-08-2012, 07:07 PM
:eek:

can't wait...when is it bieng released?

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Whaaaaaat. I'll have to go check my logged GTA IV time. I'm not sure I've ever 100% completed a Grand Theft Auto, but I feel like I've gotten close, and without spending a very large amount of time, certainly nothing close to 100 hours I would believe.

I thought Red Dead Redemption was pretty perfect. 100% completion was very attainable and again, I don't think it took an unbelievable amount of time.

I guess I have to ask, are you referring to the main story line or the entire game with side missions? If the former, I think there was even an achievement for finishing under 30 hours, which probably means you'd have to push yourself to finish that soon, but also most people's times were right around there (I think). I never messed around with the pigeon search because it seemed way too tedious. That's what was so great about Red Dead Redemption. There were side missions, and they were challenging, but not quite as tedious.
the entire game, side games and all...to fully explore everything and take the game in completely it requires an insane amount of time

Could spend 5 hours just trying to so some kind of special flip on a motorcycle...

finding all the hidden objects...etc

there is a ton there

hell just reading the strategy guide takes hours...lol

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I think there logic was sound on that one. They mentioned how in-depth their studio sessions are now in comparison to previous games and they probably rightly assumed it'd be time and effort for which a lot of the stars just wouldn't want to commit. Further, I think there's a lot of truth to the notion of sometimes when a star is voicing a character, it can be tough to establish that character as his own person. For instance, in San Andreas, the crooked cop was always Samuel L. Jackson to me, not... well... the character. The new voices, so long as they're good, will allow for a deeper connection to the characters, in my opinion.
yep, agreed 100%

shoops
11-08-2012, 07:14 PM
:eek:

can't wait...when is it bieng released?
Spring I believe?

CeltsGarlic
11-08-2012, 07:15 PM
GTA vice city... what a memories...

Rake2204
11-08-2012, 07:38 PM
the entire game, side games and all...to fully explore everything and take the game in completely it requires an insane amount of time

Could spend 5 hours just trying to so some kind of special flip on a motorcycle...

finding all the hidden objects...etc

there is a ton there

hell just reading the strategy guide takes hours...lolYou had me curious so I felt obligated to fire up my game and take a closer look. From the time I bought GTA IV (2008) to present day, myself or a family member or friend has played my GTA for a total of 80 hours. I currently stand at 90% compete, which I feel like is a number I reached many, many hours ago. A lot of the hours leading up to 80 was just me and my brothers doing random things, not pursuing completion.

On the flip side, I'm surprised with the Red Dead Redemption number. I've completed 100% (and played beyond that) but my listed time right now is about 53 hours. It hasn't felt like I've spent that much time playing at all. It's been way too enjoyable.

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 07:42 PM
You had me curious so I felt obligated to fire up my game and take a closer look. From the time I bought GTA IV (2008) to present day, myself or a family member or friend has played my GTA for a total of 80 hours. I currently stand at 90% compete, which I feel like is a number I reached many, many years ago. A lot of the hours leading up to 80 was just me and my brothers doing random things, not pursuing completion.
okay, that sounds accurate I think...that is a lot of time don't you think?

I can remember Rockstar making claim that GTA IV would require 100 hours

but youre right I am sure if you cut out all the goofing off you could narrow it down to 50 hours or so...which is STILL a lot of time IMO

this is a good thing though...better a game being too long than too short, it's just a little depressing knowing I can't complete it all without lots of time.

Heavincent
11-08-2012, 07:44 PM

Holy shit.

StateOfMind12
11-08-2012, 07:46 PM
They should have each character of different backgrounds. One black, one white, one asian, one mexican, but we get all whites. :oldlol:

Rake2204
11-08-2012, 07:46 PM
okay, that sounds accurate I think...that is a lot of time don't you think?

I can remember Rockstar making claim that GTA IV would require 100 hours

but youre right I am sure if you cut out all the goofing off you could narrow it down to 50 hours or so...which is STILL a lot of time IMO

this is a good thing though...better a game being too long than too short, it's just a little depressing knowing I can't complete it all without lots of time.Yeah, it sounds like a ton of hours, but I don't think I've ever really sat down to think of it that way. I feel like it might be a normal amount of time to spend on a good game, yes? I mean, in basketball video games, full games often take 35-60 minutes to complete, so I bet the hours spent playing basketball games adds up quickly as well.

Either way, I much prefer the GTA and RDR method as opposed to the Call of Duty, beat-single-player-in-two-days-maybe routine.

They should have each character of different backgrounds. One black, one white, one asian, one mexican, but we get all whites. :oldlol:Without thinking too deeply, maybe GTA thought that'd be too easy and obvious and wanted to stay away from the expected in some respects? If any company was going to scoff at the old routine of making sure to include one of every possible background, it'd be Rockstar. I don't know if that makes sense though. Kind of an Airplane situation when the guy asks if the airport should turn on the searchlights, only to have the commander respond, "No, that's exactly what they're expecting us to do."

Dictator
11-08-2012, 07:48 PM
They should have each character of different backgrounds. One black, one white, one asian, one mexican, but we get all whites. :oldlol:

You get to play as a black guy too. From south LA. grove street nugga

StateOfMind12
11-08-2012, 07:49 PM
You get to play as a black guy too. From south LA. grive street nugga
If you're referring to Franklin, i think he is a skinhead but I could be wrong.

Heavincent
11-08-2012, 07:49 PM

Who gives a ****?

Dictator
11-08-2012, 07:51 PM
If you're referring to Franklin, i think he is a skinhead but I could be wrong.

He's black.

Rake2204
11-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Interesting to read how Rockstar treats last gen. GTA's (San Andreas and everything before) as one universe and GTA IV forward as another. I admit it would have been cool to come across some San Andreas characters, but it sounds like the only possibility will be some buys from IV.

Dictator
11-08-2012, 07:54 PM
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/article_misc/gta-v-gi-cover.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/427886_384028808340650_1305452325_n.jpg

StateOfMind12
11-08-2012, 07:57 PM
There are some downsides of the game. Can't customize character with weights, tattoos, etc., can't buy property, can't get hoes, etc.

I actually thought GTAIV was better than GTA San Andreas. I was hoping they could combine the best features of both but it looks like they're just slowly taking away things.

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah, it sounds like a ton of hours, but I don't think I've ever really sat down to think of it that way. I feel like it might be a normal amount of time to spend on a good game, yes? I mean, in basketball video games, full games often take 35-60 minutes to complete, so I bet the hours spent playing basketball games adds up quickly as well.

Either way, I much prefer the GTA and RDR method as opposed to the Call of Duty, beat-single-player-in-two-days-maybe routine.

think it is more than normal...but a good thing...just me personally have never been able to finish one completely which sucks

a normal good game would be 20-30 hours I think...and GTA is like double or triple that...again, this is a good thing

Hitman Absolution is coming out soon!!!...it has the open world style of play as well :rockon:

RedBlackAttack
11-08-2012, 08:00 PM

a game like Bioshock can be completed in 20-30 hours or so...GTA needs more like 200-300 hours of play time lol

Video games have been completely cut out of my life for the reason you stated above and I still love them (probably always will). I used to be a EASports College Football junky. Got the game every year and competed with friends and then, later, online (actually got into the Top 75 overall players one year).

The last few years, I haven't even bothered buying it, because I know I won't have time to get as good as I want to be.

Same goes for GTA... Always loved the game, but no time for such an enveloping game.

I swear to god, our generation's retirement homes are going to look like arcades.

Dictator
11-08-2012, 08:00 PM
There are some downsides of the game. Can't customize character with weights, can't buy property, can't get hoes, etc.

I actually thought GTAIV was better than GTA San Andreas. I was hoping they could combine the best features of both but it looks like they're just slowly taking away things.

They took away buying property and gave us "yoga". :confusedshrug:

Rake2204
11-08-2012, 08:21 PM
There are some downsides of the game. Can't customize character with weights, tattoos, etc., can't buy property, can't get hoes, etc.

I actually thought GTAIV was better than GTA San Andreas. I was hoping they could combine the best features of both but it looks like they're just slowly taking away things.I actually don't really object to the removal of any of those things. The guys at Rockstar seemed pretty honest and up front about the body appearance changes (in terms of weight and strength). On the PS2, it could look a little janky and get away with it. Characters adding and losing weight on better looking games would likely be a little more detail-intensive than necessary. I feel like they said it was close to impossible even.

I also interpreted that girlfriend relationships will no longer be there, but technically, "hoes" still may be.

And I think the jury will still be out about the inability to buy property. Rockstar seemed pretty confident in the follow-up to that statement, acknowledging the lack of things to do with your money in GTA IV (particularly after all the missions were complete) and claiming there's going to be a plethora of ways to use that cash now, even if it's not for just blindly purchasing property.

-p.tiddy-
11-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Video games have been completely cut out of my life for the reason you stated above and I still love them (probably always will). I used to be a EASports College Football junky. Got the game every year and competed with friends and then, later, online (actually got into the Top 75 overall players one year).

The last few years, I haven't even bothered buying it, because I know I won't have time to get as good as I want to be.

Same goes for GTA... Always loved the game, but no time for such an enveloping game.

I swear to god, our generation's retirement homes are going to look like arcades.

yeah, getting older and having responsibilities sucks in some ways, and no more time for video games is one of them...:(

CarlosBoozer
11-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Doesn't matter how many hours you play! The fact is you guys were gamers and are still gamers till now and that's something to be proud of! Gamers for life :D

BuGzBuNNy
11-08-2012, 09:32 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2gtdwyh.png
:eek: :bowdown:

Myth
11-08-2012, 09:35 PM
All I care about is the multiplayer. I hope to have it similar to Red Dead. And I hope there is something equally awesome to poker. AND HAVE POKER!

Rake2204
11-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Saw someone post this elsewhere. I mean, it's not the case, but how cool would it have been if it were?

http://yfrog.com/scaled/landing/859/j8kwo.jpg

InspiredLebowski
11-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Underwater eh? So more damn oysters?

LamarOdom
11-08-2012, 09:54 PM
just too long

better than too short though!

:rolleyes:

$LakerGold
11-08-2012, 10:57 PM
When I read that it was going to be larger than GTA IV, RDR, and SAN ADREAS COMBINED ... HOLY SHIT! That bitch got me off my SEAT!

Definitely excited! So Excited!

The dude said that all you need to do is find an airplane and you can just go off.
There will be hitch hikers and everything. There will be cars stranded in the middle of the desert with blood all over em. You can chase after a thief that stole a lady's purse. JUST LIKE RDR, but still badass.

Really forward to the airplanes though. I'll be playing it with my own imagination that i'm a pilot flying a commercial airplane :lol

THIS WORLD IS A DIFFERENT WORLD FROM THE PS2 GTA GAMES. THEY SAID THAT CJ AND ALL THE OTHER CHARACTERS ARE ALL MYTHS IN THIS WORLD .... THEY DONT EXIST ... never did! (GTA V)

Talk about dynamic. I love you Rockstar.

RoseCity07
11-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Map size has never been a problem. Drawing distance is the most noticeable problem. This game is going to have a lot of pop-ins. The consoles are just so old this game won't be much of a visual improvement. I'm still pretty excited about it.

Dictator
11-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Map size has never been a problem. Drawing distance is the most noticeable problem. This game is going to have a lot of pop-ins. The consoles are just so old this game won't be much of a visual improvement. I'm still pretty excited about it.

They already mentioned it. Drawing distance has been fully increased.

CarlosBoozer
11-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Gonna be a hard decision if I should get it for my pc which I will have to upgrade or get it for the xbox and miss all the cool mods :(

InspiredLebowski
11-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Gonna be a hard decision if I should get it for my pc which I will have to upgrade or get it for the xbox and miss all the cool mods :(if you go PC you'd probably have 6 months at least to save up for upgrades until it's released anyway. unless it's a port, then just screw it.

Rake2204
11-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Map size has never been a problem. Drawing distance is the most noticeable problem. This game is going to have a lot of pop-ins. The consoles are just so old this game won't be much of a visual improvement. I'm still pretty excited about it.As Dictator mentioned, Rockstar mentioned big changes to draw distance. They said something about doing a draw distance of something like 1.5km before. This time around, they didn't use a limit, so things can be seen at all times (they mentioned mountains or lights far off into the distance).

flipogb
11-09-2012, 01:23 AM
this is looking like the best game ever, can't wait

ClutchOver9000
11-09-2012, 01:27 AM
this is looking like the best game ever, can't wait

Yup. I was sold from the get-go, but once I heard its gonna be bigger than GTA: SA, GTA IV, and RDR put together, that was just icing on the cake.

I do wish Rockstar would make a sequel to RDR though with the same map size, content as GTA IV that would be awesome...

Thorpesaurous
11-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Doesn't matter how many hours you play! The fact is you guys were gamers and are still gamers till now and that's something to be proud of! Gamers for life :D

The tattooo I got for my 35th birthday.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ui0NJKkSTtU/T43Q3j3L4KI/AAAAAAAADuo/kJDQVFRT4n8/s1600/Controller_tattoo.jpg

GOBB
11-09-2012, 01:19 PM
100-200hrs? I don't think so and I've completed the game 100% and got every achievements besides 3 multiplayer achievements. 2 racing ones and there was a weird names achievement where u had to win every type of race game mode. I never topped over 100hrs played for gta4. Ill go back and check tho. Did GTA track days or hours? If days then maybe I easily did 100hrs. I can't remember.

I can put in the time for a game like this. Can't say that for others. That's why I'm not that great at madden, 2k. People put loads of time into it. I just play for a lol bit then I'm drained. Not GTA or Bioshock. Glad I'm not married.

AlphaWolf24
11-09-2012, 01:26 PM

How the "F" can you NOT FIND TIME TO PLAY VIDEOGAMES??? ( ESP...G....T.....Mufakin ....A)

Plain ol' UnAmerican....GTFO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 01:32 PM
The tattooo I got for my 35th birthday.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ui0NJKkSTtU/T43Q3j3L4KI/AAAAAAAADuo/kJDQVFRT4n8/s1600/Controller_tattoo.jpg
:applause:

love it

maybe get some shading work done on it!

AlphaWolf24
11-09-2012, 01:44 PM
yeah, getting older and having responsibilities sucks in some ways, and no more time for video games is one of them...:(

- unless you working 7 days a week.....you can find time to play some Video games..

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 01:50 PM
- unless you working 7 days a week.....you can find time to play some Video games..
I am a game dev actually, still can't find time! :oldlol:

I work 40 hours a week and have a wife and kid now...

I am hoping that when he becomes a little older I will be able to play a lot with him...not too much though, got to make sure he still goes outside

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 01:51 PM
I will be interested in video games until I die though...regardless of how much I play

at 80 years old I will still be very curious about the latest games/tech

AlphaWolf24
11-09-2012, 02:03 PM
I am a game dev actually, still can't find time! :oldlol:

I work 40 hours a week and have a wife and kid now...

I am hoping that when he becomes a little older I will be able to play a lot with him...not too much though, got to make sure he still goes outside

come on now....

It's GTA we talkin bout...

put the Kids to sleep.....tell the wife it's part of your DNA.....(you a developer for christ sake)....

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 02:05 PM
I could probably give it 15-20 hours...I would purchase it knowing it won't be completed

still might do just that though...

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 02:07 PM
I really want that new Hitman Absolution and then Bioshock Infinite

those are titles I love and can finish completely

BuGzBuNNy
11-09-2012, 03:14 PM
How is a map bigger than RDR, IV and SA even possible? I don't even think I've seen all of RDR and SA was at least twice the size of IV

Dictator
11-09-2012, 03:28 PM
How is a map bigger than RDR, IV and SA even possible? I don't even think I've seen all of RDR and SA was at least twice the size of IV

Game designers can make a game the size of planet earth. The problem is having it playable to the users liking.

No one wants to play a game where its so slow it's unplayable.

GOBB
11-09-2012, 03:47 PM
GTA SA was the biggest map of them all. GTA 5 will be bigger. I really think its being hyped up far too much as to how big. ****** than SA? Sure. SA + GTA 4 combined? Ummm no. The fact that there arent other major cities tells me that wont be the case. It'll be similar to SA (which was a fan favorite) but more opened. And with it being 2013 the graphics should be that much enhanced.

Reading what will be included sounds exactly like SA. Farm land, country, military base etc etc. Sounds to me like this will be SA the new improved version. Not that I'm complaining I just dont expect what others are anticipating. I dont mind a large map and traveling. The whole point of GTA is it being a sandbox game. Open world and players like to explore. So why would you cry about having to go from point A to point B? Most people like the travel. Thats why til this day Free Mode in GTA 4 still has alot of people. They love roaming the entire map.

I hope the structures, buildings arent closed off tho like LA Bore.

BuGzBuNNy
11-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Game designers can make a game the size of planet earth. The problem is having it playable to the users liking.

No one wants to play a game where its so slow it's unplayable.
There's only so much storage a disk can hold. 360 version of IV had two discs and LA noire I think took 3. I wonder how many disks will V take on the 360 if IV took two when a map that big is at least 4 times bigger than IV

BuGzBuNNy
11-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I think its confirmed that RDR is bigger than SA. Both are alot bigger than IV though..I'll try to find a link

Yes, I know many of you are wondering how big the map of GTA V will be.

Here are the map sizes for previous GTA games:
GTA III (and LCS) - 3 sq. miles
GTA Vice City (and VCS) - 3.5 sq. miles
GTA San Andreas - 13.6 sq. miles
GTA IV - 6.8 sq. miles
All I could find from a gta forum. Not sure how he got that
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=500777

And then this:
http://i46.tinypic.com/20r37gh.jpg

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 04:41 PM
I am betting there are lots of huge open desert areas...part of why it's so huge

ErhnamDjinn
11-09-2012, 04:52 PM
I play maybe one/2hours a day on weekdays and hardly any on weekends ( have to spend time with the GF, its kinda hard when your tired from work, hence Ive actually stopped playing RPG's since its so time consuming, unlike FPS games

GOBB
11-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Anyone can find time to play video games the fact of the matter is people choose not to for whatever reason. You can make time just as you make time to post here. But do you care to make time to play video games for an hour or two? Probably not. There are other interests, patterns/habits in your everyday life that take over. You may be a tv person from 8-10. And nothing can interfere with that. May be a gym rat before your tv time. Thats an hour, hour 1/2.

Some people have a schedule they dont care to tweak for video games. Some dont and just arent into gaming like they used to be. To say you dont have time is a lie. You choose not to make time is all. Cant knock that.

$LakerGold
11-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah GOBB!! You tell em girl!

Video Game isn't a toy you know ... you can't just drop it after you're done playing with it :rolleyes:

Shame on you people! USERS!!!!!

:D

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Anyone can find time to play video games the fact of the matter is people choose not to for whatever reason. You can make time just as you make time to post here. But do you care to make time to play video games for an hour or two? Probably not. There are other interests, patterns/habits in your everyday life that take over. You may be a tv person from 8-10. And nothing can interfere with that. May be a gym rat before your tv time. Thats an hour, hour 1/2.

Some people have a schedule they dont care to tweak for video games. Some dont and just arent into gaming like they used to be. To say you dont have time is a lie. You choose not to make time is all. Cant knock that.
If you had a job a wife and kid you would understand...I don't even have time to sleep a full 8 hours every night...6 is my max, it is about all I can hope for.

I can barely find time to watch a Cowboy's game

posting in here?...done while at work...I'm working right now on a computer

GOBB
11-09-2012, 06:32 PM
If you had a job a wife and kid you would understand...I don't even have time to sleep a full 8 hours every night...6 is my max, it is about all I can hope for.

I can barely find time to watch a Cowboy's game

posting in here?...done while at work...I'm working right now on a computer

I know people with a wife, 3 kids work fulltime plus a part time gig. Yet finds time to not only play video games? But he's active in 2 Madden Leagues on xbox and ps3. I only get 6hrs max of sleep anyway. My body is set up that way. I have to be hung over to sleep longer. Maybe the wife, kid thing is all new to you. And trying to balance it out is difficult. I know enough people with your situation that manage to still play video games.

My point is you could find time to squeeze in playing video games. Your situation right now? You could. You sat around for an 1hr 1/2 for a fantasy football draft. So there is time in your life you just choose to manage it a different way. I dont knock you on that at all. I'm not knocking anyone who says they dont have the time. My point is you choose not to find the time, its not like the time isnt there. Thats all. You rather spend time with the wife and talk, play with your kid (congrats didnt know u had one) eat/fix dinner (whoever does that) and mentally/physically wind down from work. Watch tv, have a drink prepare for tomorrow. Whatever your routine is after work.

When playing video games it doesnt have to be long extended periods to qualify as "having time" in my opinion. Maybe thats what people meant. They cant spend a couple hours each and every day? I'm just saying you could in a 7 day week fit video game time in your life with a wife & kid. Not impossible. I do agree with you that you cant get consumed with playing video games. You cant sit for hours caught up in a game. That I agree with. But in a given week you can clock in some gaming if you really wanted too. You choose not too.

Again I'm not knocking you for this. I think the interest in gaming isnt there for you. There is no pull. Like you said Bioshock is a game you would love to play. Thats not coming out until next year. For now? There isnt anything that is making you want to find time to play games. nba2k13? Madden 13? COD? Halo 4? Meh, shyt you probably dont even like Halo after designing it cuz you saw it daily. :oldlol:

- this was my RBA impersonation with the long winded post. He's rolling in his grave "Its way too short GOBB, rest assured you are no me. :D "

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 06:41 PM
It's because it is a newborn/infant that has to be fed every 2 hours...my woman feeds all night so I have to take over after work so she can sleep...

Dooms has two boys and plays lots...so I ma sure I will get there when my son is a 4 or 5 years older...just really hard right now

the interest is def there for me...I do make them for a living you know

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 06:42 PM
I had to skip this year's Madden ... which really pisses me off because it looks like one of the better ones :banghead:

GOBB
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
It's because it is a newborn/infant that has to be fed every 2 hours...my woman feeds all night so I have to take over after work so she can sleep...

Dooms has two boys and plays lots...so I ma sure I will get there when my son is a 4 or 5 years older...just really hard right now

the interest is def there for me...I do make them for a living you know

I meant interest as far as what games are out there. Could be wrong there as I see I am with your next post. And I can see the time being minimal at best with a newborn. Didnt know that, my mistake.

Madden 13 I dont know if its the best one yet. I'm out of the loop on Madden. First time in years I purchased Madden and didnt sell it back after getting all the achievements. I just dont like how speed beats any and everything. Just unrealistic to me but whatever.

Did you work on Halo 4?

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 07:01 PM
I meant interest as far as what games are out there. Could be wrong there as I see I am with your next post. And I can see the time being minimal at best with a newborn. Didnt know that, my mistake.

Madden 13 I dont know if its the best one yet. I'm out of the loop on Madden. First time in years I purchased Madden and didnt sell it back after getting all the achievements. I just dont like how speed beats any and everything. Just unrealistic to me but whatever.

Did you work on Halo 4?
no just the first one...and you were right I don't care for Halo games cause I saw it 24/7 for 3 years of my life.

and yeah Madden, the only place where Al Davis drafts amazing teams

GOBB
11-09-2012, 07:12 PM
So what are you designing? Anything we play? :oldlol:

-p.tiddy-
11-09-2012, 07:14 PM
So what are you designing? Anything we play? :oldlol:
did you play Borderlands?

only one that you might know...I am getting into phone games/apps now, trying my hand at that market...it's got no where to go but up

GOBB
11-09-2012, 07:29 PM
did you play Borderlands?

only one that you might know...I am getting into phone games/apps now, trying my hand at that market...it's got no where to go but up

Nah never played Borderlands. I know about it tho. Seen videos and got friends who tried to get me to get that and Borderlands 2.

And yeah designing phone game apps is the way to go. You make the right one it could boom. You should mos def get into that, be funny to see something you designed on my phone. :roll:

BrickingStar
11-09-2012, 09:20 PM
cried

CelticBaller
11-09-2012, 09:21 PM
my n*gga franklin

maybeshewill13
11-09-2012, 10:15 PM
Fkkkkkkk can't wait to this comes out.. GTA was always my favorite series :bowdown:

GTA IV was pretty **** though IMO. SA and VC were the best.

fiddy
11-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Am i the only that is feeling kind of disappointed?

-No character customization
-No hookers
-No Property
-No Turf wars

I was really hoping that many things form GTA SA would return. Also i hope there would e more of an RPG element to the game. The thing with 3 protags, i dont know, i like to get into one character and really get into his role. Theres plenty of things we still dont know. Cant wait though.

Dictator
11-10-2012, 06:52 PM

-No hookers
-No Property
-No Turf wars

I was really hoping that many things form GTA SA would return. Also i hope there would e more of an RPG element to the game. The thing with 3 protags, i dont know, i like to get into one character and really get into his role. Theres plenty of things we still dont know. Cant wait though.

I was until I saw the map size.

shoops
11-10-2012, 07:04 PM

-No hookers
-No Property
-No Turf wars

You sure there aren't hookers? Hookers and GTA go together like salt and pepper, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't remove them?

As for the rpg elements, personally I don't mind the removal I guess. Never really customized my characters, and the property buying thing for me was maybe interesting the first few times but seemed superficial and redundant in SA. And although stuff like exercising and eating seemed cool in concept, I felt they were kinda tedious and I never really bothered with it. Just my 2 c though.

BuGzBuNNy
11-10-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm thinking that they just took dating out but hookers will still be in. One thing I'm really hoping is that you can actually run low on money

Is He Ill
11-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Does it say anything about car customization in there? That would be pretty nice if you could customize rides, similar to car customization in Saints Row.

Rake2204
11-10-2012, 08:42 PM

-No hookers
-No Property
-No Turf wars

I was really hoping that many things form GTA SA would return. Also i hope there would e more of an RPG element to the game. The thing with 3 protags, i dont know, i like to get into one character and really get into his role. Theres plenty of things we still dont know. Cant wait though.When you say no character customization, do you mean just physical appearance or do you mean we won't be able to change their clothes too? I thought they just mentioned not being able to sculpt our player's bodies.

In terms of hookers, I thought they were just saying they got rid of girlfriends because on-going girlfriend relationships would have been difficult to pull off with the three characters and whatnot. I thought they said it was kind of a hassle before as it was.

I might be with you on the property, but I'll have to wait what else they'll have for us to spend money on. They seemed confident in what they had in store for us in terms of spending our money we earn.

Finally, in terms of turf wars, I was never a fan of them but I respect that you were. They were just a whole to-do for me. I'd be out doing my own thing then I would more or less be forced to go have a random, monotonous shootout to retain my turf. It affected my sense of comfort, like I could never just chill and do what I wanted without worrying about losing all my turf thus encouraging randoms to shoot at me as I moved through neighborhoods.

fiddy
11-11-2012, 09:48 AM
When you say no character customization, do you mean just physical appearance or do you mean we won't be able to change their clothes too? I thought they just mentioned not being able to sculpt our player's bodies.

In terms of hookers, I thought they were just saying they got rid of girlfriends because on-going girlfriend relationships would have been difficult to pull off with the three characters and whatnot. I thought they said it was kind of a hassle before as it was.

I might be with you on the property, but I'll have to wait what else they'll have for us to spend money on. They seemed confident in what they had in store for us in terms of spending our money we earn.

Finally, in terms of turf wars, I was never a fan of them but I respect that you were. They were just a whole to-do for me. I'd be out doing my own thing then I would more or less be forced to go have a random, monotonous shootout to retain my turf. It affected my sense of comfort, like I could never just chill and do what I wanted without worrying about losing all my turf thus encouraging randoms to shoot at me as I moved through neighborhoods.
As far as i understand from the article changing clothes should be back in the game. Gaining and loosing weight, haircuts and so on will not return to the game. I really miss a lot of things from SA.

Biggest disappointment to me so far is that they dint announce a PC version of the game. I know that the majority of the money they make comes from consoles platform sales but this is biggest let down so far to me.

As it comes to turf wars i really liked the concept because it provided an opportunity for a rampage on top of that LSPD didnt give a shit about whats going on. In IV at you can fire a single shot and LCPD was on your ass immediately. During the gang shootouts you could collect a lot of easy money and guns. After its all finished you get that feeling that you these mfers cant **** with you.:pimp:

Cant wait to see what mini games are making a return or being introduced.

When it comes to the map size IS ****ING MIND BLOWING

:cheers:

G-Funk
11-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Anyone know about the songs that are gonna be played?

AirTupac
11-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Spring of 2013 :(

fiddy
11-12-2012, 09:41 AM
New Screenshots posted on a german magazine

here: http://www.gamesaktuell.de/GTA-5-Grand-Theft-Auto-5-Xbox360-219969/News/GTA-5-exklusive-Preview-Alle-Infos-zu-Spielwelt-Protagonisten-und-Story-1034910/galerie/2012278/#?a_id=1034910&g_id=-1&i_id=2012276

Game looks great. I can hardly wait.

The R8 looking sweet as hell. Trains confirmed.

On the 3rd pictures it looks like the cars is using nitro. Possible car customization?

1. The Full map will be Open from the first time. (No bridges closed like in previous GTA's)
2. Playing as Micheal, you will have the possibilty to drive his Luxury Sports Car from beginning (Which will stand in his Garage)
3. Playing as Trevor, you will have the possibility to fly a Helicopter from the beginning
4. In the Story there are 6 big roberies, the three protagonists are preparing for.

GOBB
11-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Wait there are 3 different characters to pick from at the start?

niko
11-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Wait there are 3 different characters to pick from at the start?
3 different characters the entire game that you can flip from one to another.

GOBB
11-12-2012, 11:39 AM
3 different characters the entire game that you can flip from one to another.

Hmmmm, thats a new dynamic for GTA. I'm used to one character even with the DLC expansion for GTA 4 (Lost and damned/Ballad of Gay Tony). I dont want to miss out on anything switching characters unless its apart of the story flow. I dunno, we'll see.

fiddy
11-12-2012, 01:26 PM
IGN article
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/12/grand-theft-auto-5-reinventing-the-open-world-rulebook

more screens
http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2012/11/12/gtav-02jpg-19d0a5.jpg
http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2012/11/12/gtav-01jpg-5a7dd8.jpg
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/grand-theft-auto-5/f/f0/RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_052.jpg
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/grand-theft-auto-5/8/81/RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_045.jpg

shoops
11-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Biggest disappointment to me so far is that they dint announce a PC version of the game. I know that the majority of the money they make comes from consoles platform sales but this is biggest let down so far to me.

They inevitably will at some point or another imo. The matter of whether it's well optimized or crappy and clunky is a different story though. GTA 4 had horrible optimization.:banghead:

blablabla
11-12-2012, 06:38 PM
They inevitably will at some point or another imo. The matter of whether it's well optimized or crappy and clunky is a different story though. GTA 4 had horrible optimization.:banghead:
I think the Toronto studios "optimized" the PC Version i think they learned their lesson and won't let the Canadians do anything anymore
Jokes aside if you look at Max Payne 3, the quality of the PC Version was stunning but i'm not sure if it was a port like GTA IV
On the other hand the PC Version of LA Noire was even worse than GTA IV

blablabla
11-12-2012, 06:42 PM
3 new screens ( the first car looks frikkin sweet)
http://www.tbe.clanweb.cz/pic/screen1.jpg
http://www.tbe.clanweb.cz/pic/screen2.jpg
http://www.tbe.clanweb.cz/pic/screen3.jpg

AlphaWolf24
11-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Does it say anything about car customization in there? That would be pretty nice if you could customize rides, similar to car customization in Saints Row.

God I hope so...San Andreas car customization was hecka bad@zz!!

custom paint , Rim's and even NOS....

Rake2204
11-12-2012, 08:13 PM
If I recall correctly, they did say GTA V will be bigger than SA, RDR, and IV combined, but they took into account not just straight square footage, but also enterable buildings and whatnot. I'm curious as to how many places will be open for folks to walk in and interact with. For instance, if we can walk into a hotel, will it just be nice interior graphics, or will we be able to walk to room, ring the bell at the counter, press the elevator button, knock magazines off the table, etc.

fiddy
11-13-2012, 06:52 PM
http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2012/11/13/rsggtavscreenshot057jpg-5a7ec9.jpg
http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2012/11/13/rsggtavscreenshot055jpg-5a7ec8.jpg

More Screens

AlphaWolf24
11-14-2012, 02:10 PM
New Trailer - http://www.ign.com/xbox-360

I see a HYDRA!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rake2204
11-14-2012, 02:20 PM
http://i.minus.com/i05AR4HimL8.gif

CeltsGarlic
11-14-2012, 02:36 PM
http://i.minus.com/i05AR4HimL8.gif

So frikkin cool!

Rake2204
11-14-2012, 02:38 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/acco2q.gif

GOBB
11-14-2012, 03:29 PM
I need gameplay screw this footage.

SuperPippen
11-14-2012, 06:02 PM
I need gameplay screw this footage.

Rockstar doesn't give a **** what you need.

In other news, I'm still cleaning the mess off of my keyboard from watching that trailer.

GOBB
11-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Rockstar doesn't give a **** what you need.

In other news, I'm still cleaning the mess off of my keyboard from watching that trailer.

You're getting off on animation? Come on bruh. :oldlol: I dont give a damn about this crap. Show me actual gameplay footage.

shoops
11-14-2012, 07:18 PM
I think that trailer was rendered by the in-game engine. But yeah I'd like to see some gameplay footage. Or maybe not because it's still a while from release, don't want to get too hyped for it lol.

fiddy
11-14-2012, 08:38 PM
http://cf.shacknews.com/images/20121114/gtavscreenshot065_24003.jpg

http://media.gtanet.com/gallery/gta-5-trailer-screens/fullsize/RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_067.jpg

http://media.gtanet.com/gallery/gta-5-trailer-screens/fullsize/RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_063.jpg

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/grand-theft-auto-5/f/fe/Rsggtavscreenshot060-tifjpg-19d224.jpg

MeLO MvP 15
11-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Still gonna be the game of the year, but I really hate that they took out property buying. Idk why, but I LOVED that.

I hope it's more San Andreas like than GTA 4 like. I love them both, but SA>>>>> without a doubt in my mind

Rake2204
11-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Still gonna be the game of the year, but I really hate that they took out property buying. Idk why, but I LOVED that.They seem pretty confident about being able to have a lot of other things to save and buy, so I'll withhold judgment for now.

mateoboz
03-28-2013, 08:01 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/27/all-new-grand-theft-auto-v-screenshots

Have you guys seen the new screen shots Rockstar released yesterday? This looks so amazing!

I see no one posted the Christmas screen shots they released in this thread, so here those are too for people who haven't seen them.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/47481/happy-holidays-enjoy.html

It's been a while since I was so excited for a game! The map is supposed to be bigger than San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption COMBINED with room to spare! Unbelievable...