PDA

View Full Version : Minesota 4-1

Rubio2Gasol
11-09-2012, 11:52 PM
:applause:

Scary thing is that their offense isn't running as smoothly as it will when Rubio is back.

Now all they need to do is trade Love for someone more serious, who will actually defend and close out other power forwards and who can create his own shot.

As my username implies I would like it to be Gasol....but LMA or even J Smoove would work as well :rockon:

SyRyanYang
11-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Rick Adelman:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
If I was a rookie, I'd pray everyday to be drafted under him

SpecialQue
11-09-2012, 11:55 PM
The T-Wolves are back!

M.Bustly15A5RU8
11-09-2012, 11:58 PM
The statpadder will be back eventually.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Freaking love this team. No Rubio/Love and still going hard. :applause:

RoundMoundOfReb
11-09-2012, 11:59 PM
fun team to watch too.

Grinder
11-10-2012, 12:00 AM
That was an exciting game to watch. Shved played great in the fourth quarter and then AK47 made a game winning pass to a cutting Budinger for the layup to put the WOlves ahead by 2 with 0.8 left and no timeouts for the Pacers.

LakersForlife
11-10-2012, 12:01 AM
w/out love,rubio,barea and pekovic is having a bad game.but this alexey shved is something else

InspiredLebowski
11-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Pacers ****ing suck. Just completely stupid, the offseason was a disaster.

FireDavidKahn
11-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Our defense so far has somehow been one of the best in the league. I honestly am shocked by that.

KungFuJoe
11-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Our defense so far has somehow been one of the best in the league. I honestly am shocked by that.

No Kevin Love.

LakersForlife
rick adelman jesus what a winner hope he coached LA XD

M.Bustly15A5RU8
No Kevin Love.

Shepseskaf
I still can't believe the Lakers took Mike Brown when Adelman was still available.

Bad decision.

M.Bustly15A5RU8
11-10-2012, 12:07 AM

Substracting a minus gets you a plus. Simple math.

Rubio2Gasol
11-10-2012, 12:09 AM

All the Forwards are mobile and Stiesma and Pek protect the rim and offer good post defense respectively.

When Love comes back and starts standing under the rim waiting for rebounds it will become worse.

But I don't want to attribute everything to the absence of Love, obviously picking up someone like Kirilenko has a lot to do with it.

KungFuJoe
11-10-2012, 12:09 AM
I still can't believe the Lakers took Mike Brown when Adelman was still available.

Bad decision.

Agreed.

Rojogaqu11
11-10-2012, 12:10 AM

QFT.

Adelman along with Pop and Carlisle are the most reliable coaches in the league IMO. At one time all 3 were in Texas. Other reliable coaches would be Collins, Karl, Thibs, Rivers, and Skiles.

FireDavidKahn
11-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Also, I was at this motherfugging game!:cheers:

M.Bustly15A5RU8
11-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Kevin Love the man who contributes to your team without being on the court. :bowdown:

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Not trying to clown but look at who they have beaten :confusedshrug: . Kings, Pacers (no Granger and starting off rough), Magic and Nets. Not a single high quality win IMO. Very good they are holding down the fort for now sans Love+Rubio but once they start playing good teams it's going to change very quickly.

FireDavidKahn
11-10-2012, 12:23 AM
No Kevin Love.
Doesn't explain away Rubio.:confusedshrug:

M.Bustly15A5RU8
11-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Doesn't explain away Rubio.:confusedshrug:

It explains the defense part pretty good. :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
11-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Not trying to clown but look at who they have beaten :confusedshrug: . Kings, Pacers (no Granger and starting off rough), Magic and Nets. Not a single high quality win IMO. Very good they are holding down the fort for now sans Love+Rubio but once they start playing good teams it's going to change very quickly.
4-1 while missing your two best players is impressive no matter who you play.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 12:25 AM
oh ok. well it was a fun season. maybe next year we can make the playoffs.

:roll:

sorry, if you havent beaten either the Knicks, Spurs, or Heat...you technically "havent beaten anybody" if you want to go by record this early the year.

LakersForlife
11-10-2012, 12:26 AM
minnesota literally steam rolled dallas,spurs,clippers and gave thunder a hard time last season with that beasly,jhonson,milicic shitty line up. theyll beat top teams like NP.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Because Derrick Williams is such a better defender than Kevin Love?

I suspect Minnesota will be up to the 97-99 PPG area when he returns as of now its in the 94 range.

Lifes good right now for the Wolves fans.. Will be better when Love returns. Keep feeding yourself hypothetical lies to make you think you're smart or something.

swi7ch
11-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Can't wait to watch this team play. Rubio needs to start playing soon so I can watch some Wolves games! :cheers:

Shepseskaf
11-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Other reliable coaches would be Collins, Karl, Thibs, Rivers, and Skiles.
Remove Karl and Skiles from the list, and its more accurate.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 12:30 AM
oh ok. well it was a fun season. maybe next year we can make the playoffs.

sorry, if you havent beaten either the Knicks, Spurs, or Heat...you technically "havent beaten anybody" if you want to go by record this early the year.

Never said who they can and can't beat. Just saying 4-1 with a terribly weak schedule isn't worth mentioning really and it will all change likely here soon.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Never said who they can and can't beat. Just saying 4-1 with a terribly weak schedule isn't worth mentioning really and it will all change likely here soon.
No, you insinuated that because who they've played, and beaten the weaker teams...theyre not as good as their record indicates and will lose most games when when given the opportunity on the schedule no? Thats what you mean by itll change quickly.

:rolleyes:

Bro...its the same team that beat your clippers 3-1...except we got rid of the crap and replaced them with talent.

M.Bustly15A5RU8
11-10-2012, 12:36 AM

I suspect Minnesota will be up to the 97-99 PPG area when he returns as of now its in the 94 range.

Lifes good right now for the Wolves fans.. Will be better when Love returns. Keep feeding yourself hypothetical lies to make you think you're smart or something.

Keep feeding yourself lies that Kevin Love is great just because he fills the stat sheet.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 12:37 AM
No, you insinuated that because who they've played, and beaten the weaker teams...theyre not as good as their record indicates and will lose most games when when given the opportunity on the schedule no? Thats what you mean by itll change quickly.

:rolleyes:

Bro...its the same team that beat your clippers 3-1...except we got rid of the crap and replaced them with talent.

You haven't proven dick bud. You finished with what the 2nd or 3rd worst record in the NBA last year despite being in the playoff race for the first part of last season? Yes... I'm saying once they start facing the better teams they can quickly go under .500. I don't put much stock in H2H unless the teams are going to meet in the playoffs and isn't not a lock the Wolves will be there.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Keep feeding yourself lies that Kevin Love is great just because he fills the stat sheet.
way to refute everything i said about replacing derrick williams with a 26 ppg scorer.:roll: Idiot.

Rubio2Gasol
11-10-2012, 12:41 AM

Derrick Williams could be the most garbage defender known to man. Once he's willing to defend power forwards in the multi faceted manner it requires in the modern game, ie close out and not stand under the rim, the defense is going to be better.

Love should play at center but IMO Pek is a better center than him. Someone like Aldridge would be very nice as an alternative.

26 PPG scorer :roll: Ryan Anderson would probably average that amount on less shots if he played Love's role.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 12:41 AM
You haven't proven dick bud. You finished with what the 2nd or 3rd worst record in the NBA last year despite being in the playoff race for the first part of last season? Yes... I'm saying once they start facing the better teams they can quickly go under .500. I don't put much stock in H2H unless the teams are going to meet in the playoffs and isn't not a lock the Wolves will be there.
Oh so playoff teams are made and guaranteed spots the first week of november now?

Gotcha CF86. :oldlol:

Actually, we were the 11th or 12 worst record in the league, and the team(filled with scrubs) lost all momentum when rubio went down.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Derrick Williams could be the most garbage defender known to man. Once he's willing to defend power forwards in the multi faceted manner it requires in the modern game, ie close out and not stand under the rim, the defense is going to be better.

Love should play at center but IMO Pek is a better center than him. Someone like Aldridge would be very nice as an alternative.
Ah no. We've done the PF @ Center thing with Jefferson, Love, and multitudes of turds. it failed miserably and we gave up 120 ppg for seasons.

M.Bustly15A5RU8
11-10-2012, 12:43 AM
way to refute everything i said about replacing derrick williams with a 26 ppg scorer.:roll: Idiot.

The Timberwolves will not improve when Kevin Love gets back. You'll see.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 12:44 AM
26 PPG scorer :roll: Ryan Anderson would probably average that amount on less shots if he played Love's role.
what?

Love didn't avg 26 ppg last year?

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 12:44 AM
The Timberwolves will not improve when Kevin Love gets back. You'll see.
Well, the only way they could improve from right now is to be 5-0 and avg more ppg...so if we win 4 out of every 5, im cool with it.

You're reaching now.

Rubio2Gasol
11-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Ah no. We've done the PF @ Center thing with Jefferson, Love, and multitudes of turds. it failed miserably and we gave up 120 ppg for seasons.

Mainly because Love is short and can't really protect the rim and isn't exactly a good post defender.

As I said , straight swap Love for LMA , you get someone with a post game who can create their own shot and defend. It is possible you can con Portland into doing it citing PER and Stats and what not.

Sammyzuko
11-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Can't wait to watch this team play. Rubio needs to start playing soon so I can watch some Wolves games! :cheers:
We have the Russian Ricky Rubio out there right now.....Shved!!!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8uoxgrI881qincxyo1_500.jpg

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Oh so playoff teams are made and guaranteed spots the first week of november now?

Gotcha CF86. :oldlol:

Actually, we were the 11th or 12 worst record in the league, and the team(filled with scrubs) lost all momentum when rubio went down.

Bottom line is... it's not rare for bad teams to start off hot or great teams to start off poor the first 5-10 games of the season. Which is why it's stupid to make threads about how good a team has been already.

If a player has come out of nowhere I understand it but with teams there are way too many factors. Such as quality of opponents, chemistry, conditioning etc. I have no doubt that without Love and Rubio the Wolves will be under .500 by quite a bit here shortly once their scheduling balances out.

Rubio2Gasol
11-10-2012, 12:48 AM
We have the Russian Ricky Rubio out there right now.....Shved!!!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8uoxgrI881qincxyo1_500.jpg

:bowdown:

I feel a repeat of the Kings coming :bowdown:

I can't wait :rockon:

But I'm scared they won't trade Love and it will never come to fruition :cry:

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Mainly because Love is short and can't really protect the rim and isn't exactly a good post defender.

As I said , straight swap Love for LMA , you get someone with a post game who can create their own shot and defend. It is possible you can con Portland into doing it citing PER and Stats and what not.
And LMA's sub 1 BPG average is rim protecting?

no thanks, do it on 2k13 and get back to me.

M.Bustly15A5RU8
11-10-2012, 12:52 AM

I'll take someone with 0.0 bpg that can play defense over Kevin Love.

Rubio2Gasol
11-10-2012, 12:54 AM

LMA does not need to protect the rim because he is actually willing to defend other forwards.

Love likes to sit below the rim like a freelancer with no responsibility.

The problem is that YOU NEED to defend power forwards in this league , you need to close out and you need to follow them. If you're picking up a center you can stick to the rim for obvious reasons.

Completely apart from that LMA has a post game which is going to be very essential in running Adleman's ball movement system.

M.Bustly15A5RU8
11-10-2012, 12:54 AM
If he tries really hard maybe he'll reach the Dirk Nowitzki level of defense but it's a long shot.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Bottom line is... it's not rare for bad teams to start off hot or great teams to start off poor the first 5-10 games of the season. Which is why it's stupid to make threads about how good a team has been already.

If a player has come out of nowhere I understand it but with teams there are way too many factors. Such as quality of opponents, chemistry, conditioning etc. I have no doubt that without Love and Rubio the Wolves will be under .500 by quite a bit here shortly once their scheduling balances out.
Dude, it's Minnesota. we're like 50-300 in the last 5 years. Maybe this isn't actually yesteryears timberwolves that beat many good teams with crappier players...and the same head coach. Adelman has a bench thats near the tops per game in scoring, and a solid starting 5 now.

Im not saying we're better than the Heat, Spurs etc in a playoff series.. but we can beat them on any given night. and there's no reason we cant hang with the second tier of teams.

kurple
have they played any good teams yet? how did they do?

Grinder
:oldlol: @ this moron trying to pose as alenleomessi in a bad rep. :roll:

Any win without Love and Rubio is found money and definitely a great confidence builder for the Wolves supporting cast.

FireMcFailPlease
I'll take someone with 0.0 bpg that can play defense over Kevin Love.
Sooo.....Reggie Evans?

M.Bustly15A5RU8
11-10-2012, 12:56 AM
LMA does not need to protect the rim because he is actually willing to defend other forwards.

The problem is that YOU NEED to defend power forwards in this league , you need to close out and you need to follow them. If you're picking up a center you can stick to the rim for obvious reasons.

Completely apart from that LMA has a post game which is going to be very essential in running Adleman's ball movement system.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 12:57 AM

Oh.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=320303022

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 12:58 AM
well they beat the Nets at home.

so 1-0

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Dude, it's Minnesota. we're like 50-300 in the last 5 years. Maybe this isn't actually yesteryears timberwolves that beat many good teams with crappier players...and the same head coach. Adelman has a bench thats near the tops per game in scoring, and a solid starting 5 now.

Im not saying we're better than the Heat, Spurs etc in a playoff series.. but we can beat them on any given night. and there's no reason we cant hang with the second tier of teams.

Not saying you don't have a right to be stoked dude. Just be careful that it doesn't border on boasting, especially because the Wolves were a lotto team last year. Until they prove they can do something in the playoffs or even make the playoffs this year, nothing should make you feel confident IMO.

I know what you're saying in having enough weapons to beat the best because the 2010-2011 Clippers beat up all the elite teams but still finished with only 32 wins and no playoffs.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 12:59 AM
well they beat the Nets at home.

so 1-0

Nets look terrible this year man, not saying it's not a good road win but they aren't a "good" team yet.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 01:00 AM
:oldlol: @ this moron trying to pose as alenleomessi in a bad rep. :roll:

Any win without Love and Rubio is found money and definitely a great confidence builder for the Wolves supporting cast.
its something isn't it?

the Wolves replace Beasley, Milicic, Ellington, Anthony Tolliver, and Wes Johnson with Roy, Budingers, Stiesma, Cunningham, AK47 and Shved...have won 4 out of their first 5 games and some STILL think this is going to be a lotto team.

Grinder
11-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Oh.

You're wasting your time arguing with that dumbass. He also argues that Real Madrid is better without Cristiano Ronaldo (the 2nd best soccer player in the world) and Andre Drummond is better than Anthony Davis. :oldlol:

He seems to think going against the grain makes him seem more insightful when in fact it exposes him as clueless.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Nets look terrible this year man, not saying it's not a good road win but they aren't a "good" team yet.
Meh. they're 2-2 and will probably be a playoff one and done team in the east with a stud backcourt.

Rubio2Gasol
11-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Oh.

:D

Love won that individual match.

But I see you don't really understand what I'm saying.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 01:03 AM
You're wasting your time arguing with that dumbass. He also argues that Real Madrid is better without Cristiano Ronaldo (the 2nd best soccer player in the world) and Andre Drummond is better than Anthony Davis. :oldlol:

He seems to think going against the grain makes him seem more insightful when in fact it exposes him as clueless.

wow.

You should've warned me 20 minutes ago, or i would've gone back to the garage and got ready for tomorrows tailgating

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Meh. they're 2-2 and will probably be a playoff one and done team in the east with a stud backcourt.

Nets aren't good yet though. They look pretty bad. Clippers beat Spurs by 22, Portland by 13, Lakers by 10 and Grizzlies by 9 and I won't go make a thread despite supposedly being the biggest homer on the forum. It's because I know right now teams are all over the place and for all I know the Clippers can be 4-4 in a couple days.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 01:06 AM
:D

Love won that individual match.

But I see you don't really understand what I'm saying.

Love probably avged 33/15 vs Portland.

I do. I know loves a liability on d. Are you understanding that we're avging probably 10 PPG less with Derrick Williams at PF, maybe because our wing defense has improved DRASTICALLY with AK47?

And I think Loves passing fits fine with Adelmans system.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Nets aren't good yet though. They look pretty bad. Clippers beat Spurs by 22, Portland by 13, Lakers by 10 and Grizzlies by 9 and I won't go make a thread despite supposedly being the biggest homer on the forum. It's because I know right now teams are all over the place and for all I know the Clippers can be 4-4 in a couple days.
I made this thread? Im just responding that the Wolves made great moves in the offseason and this isn't yesteryears team...as much as you're trying to prove that they can be.

and it's the NBA..no game is a given on any night. I'll take the wins when they come, you can stick with the constructive criticism that'll go no where.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 01:09 AM
I made this thread? Im just responding that the Wolves made great moves in the offseason and this isn't yesteryears team...as much as you're trying to prove that they can be.

and it's the NBA..no game is a given on any night. I'll take the wins when they come, you can stick with the constructive criticism that'll go no where.

Not saying they are the same team. I think if everything goes well they can definitely fight for 7-8 seed which is a HUGE leap from last year. Just saying nothing really worth discussing yet from the Wolves. If they were 10-1 or something without Love and Rubio and had a couple quality wins then yes I would make a thread.

Kiddlovesnets
11-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Very impressive, Rick Adelman is such a good coach. This team is even playing without Love and Rubio.

Grinder
11-10-2012, 01:14 AM

wow.

You should've warned me 20 minutes ago, or i would've gone back to the garage and got ready for tomorrows tailgating

lol, yep. Needless to say the dude is firmly on my ignore list after the latest list of outlandish claims in this thread.

its something isn't it?

the Wolves replace Beasley, Milicic, Ellington, Anthony Tolliver, and Wes Johnson with Roy, Budingers, Stiesma, Cunningham, AK47 and Shved...have won 4 out of their first 5 games and some STILL think this is going to be a lotto team.

Love the additions the Wolves have made this year, especially AK47. He may not always post big stats but he'll impact the game in a positive way on both ends of the floor. Cunningham has been awesome, he's relentless and makes so many hustle plays. Air Bud is obviously a great complimentary wing player and a favorite of Adelman. I think they should have kept Ellington around as insurance for Roy.

Rubio2Gasol
11-10-2012, 01:18 AM

I'm going against the grain by highlighting the issues Kevin Love creates defensively :coleman:

I think Drummond is talented really. He exhibits strength and mobility that I don't think teams should have passed on. Whether he is better or not doesn't really matter to me, though I thought what he did tonight was more impressive...hence my post.

As for Real Madrid. You don't want to go down that road, I've watched football for far longer than I've watched basketball and I am actually from Madrid.

Ronaldo is a great player but he destroys build up play and forces the team to be a counter attacking unit , which means the midfield lacks consolidation exposing the defense and particularly Alonso as there is an amazing amount of space left for opposing players to run into. It also means that the team can't breakdown set defenses in the event teams simply take away the option of the counter. If they park the bus you have to rely on individuals rather than team philosophy and that bothers me.

I have my personal preferences for what Benzema does, he's a highly under appreciated player in this world. Too much praise is shoveled onto Ronaldo and the brilliant work of our other attackers are undermined because of it.

Same with Barcelona and Messi.

People look at stats and what to say he is everything, but they don't see Xavi controlling games, they don't see Iniesta attracting defenders and making the right decision every time.

All they see is Messi score and Messi assist.

That's the problem with the badwagon fanbases of both these clubs, they support the player rather than the club and I'm completely opposed to that.

So don't compare me to that idiot Messi dickrider.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Not saying they are the same team. I think if everything goes well they can definitely fight for 7-8 seed which is a HUGE leap from last year. Just saying nothing really worth discussing yet from the Wolves. If they were 10-1 or something without Love and Rubio and had a couple quality wins then yes I would make a thread.
Let me ask you this...were you doing the same for the Clippers when they went and got chris paul? this time last year, were you saying "hey we are 7-3 to start the season...but I do not think the clippers will make the playoffs because they won 32 games in 2010..despite going out and changing the face of the team"?

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 01:27 AM
lol, yep. Needless to say the dude is firmly on my ignore list after the latest list of outlandish claims in this thread.

Love the additions the Wolves have made this year, especially AK47. He may not always post big stats but he'll impact the game in a positive way on both ends of the floor. Cunningham has been awesome, he's relentless and makes so many hustle plays. Air Bud is obviously a great complimentary wing player and a favorite of Adelman. I think they should have kept Ellington around as insurance for Roy.
Ellington was swapped for Cunningham.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Let me ask you this...were you doing the same for the Clippers when they went and got chris paul? this time last year, were you saying "hey we are 7-3 to start the season...but I do not think the clippers will make the playoffs because they won 32 games in 2010..despite going out and changing the face of the team"?

How does adding a top 5 player and superstar... as well as tons of other talent like Butler and Billups compare to what the Wolves have done? You guys added a couple decent free agents, not a superstar.

Sammyzuko
11-10-2012, 01:40 AM
How does adding a top 5 player and superstar... as well as tons of other talent like Butler and Billups compare to what the Wolves have done? You guys added a couple decent free agents, not a superstar.
The Wolves added a bunch of quality role players and the team chemistry right now is amazing. Adelman got the smart, hustle players he was looking for and the way they're playing together is extremely fun to watch. They might not be marquee names, but they're getting the job done efficiently. The more these guys play together, the better they will become. I believe the Wolves can beat anyone with this very deep roster. I'm not saying they'll win every night out.... I'm saying they always have a good chance to win no matter who they're up against.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 01:40 AM

Yea, didn't think you would hold the same set of standards to meet for your team compared to mine.

You have to realize the amount of fat the wolves cut...THAT ALONE, may as well consider it as adding a superstar type ripple effect for a team.

Whoah10115
11-10-2012, 01:42 AM
4-1 while missing your two best players is impressive no matter who you play.

But you gotta trade Love for someone "more serious" first.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 01:43 AM
Yea, didn't think you would hold the same set of standards to meet for your team compared to mine.

You have to realize the amount of fat the wolves cut...THAT ALONE, may as well consider it as adding a superstar type ripple effect for a team.

Not sure I see the comparison, but we'll see. Has nothing to do with double standards, has to do with completely different circumstances.

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Not really.

Crap players replaced decent-good players.

Clippers did the same, added a superstar and made the playoffs the first year.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Not really.

Crap players replaced decent-good players.

Clippers did the same, added a superstar and made the playoffs the first year.

Add every single free agent up that you guys picked up and Chris Paul still probably outweighs all of them put together impact wise on a team. Then you add Butler and Billups who are starting players... and other role players like Young, Evans, Martin etc. It wasn't just the CP3 deal that raised my expectations last year, it was the sum of it all.

Not long ago you guys were thinking Roy was your big free agent steal and he looks like crap. Basically who's doing anything meaningful outside of AK47 that you guys got?

FireMcFailPlease
11-10-2012, 02:07 AM
Add every single free agent up that you guys picked up and Chris Paul still probably outweighs all of them put together impact wise on a team. Then you add Butler and Billups who are starting players... and other role players like Young, Evans, Martin etc. It wasn't just the CP3 deal that raised my expectations last year, it was the sum of it all.

Not long ago you guys were thinking Roy was your big free agent steal and he looks like crap. Basically who's doing anything meaningful outside of AK47 that you guys got?
This isn't 2003. Butler and Billups are on the same level as adding a busted Roy.

He took a year off of basketball, his jumper is still missing and he's got to catch up to the speed of the game(lots of turnovers), but the assists are there. He bumped knees tonight, but adelman wasn't overly concerned

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda
BRoy banged that same knee that he hit a week or so ago. Adelman didn't seem overly concerned about it

the bench is fine, has solid players who seem to fit well together, not too many egos and dont have the guy who needs to get his 10+ shots or else hes not happy...any night a different guy steps up.

Rubio2Gasol
11-10-2012, 02:08 AM

You only got Chris Paul because the entire league came together to prevent the Lakers from getting him. How is this some significant achievement.

You traded away what basically ended up being Kyrie Irving just to dump sone contract.

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 02:12 AM
This isn't 2003. Butler and Billups are on the same level as adding a busted Roy.

He took a year off of basketball, his jumper is still missing and he's got to catch up to the speed of the game(lots of turnovers), but the assists are there. He bumped knees tonight, but adelman wasn't overly concerned

the bench is fine, has solid players who seem to fit well together, not too many egos and dont have the guy who needs to get his 10+ shots or else hes not happy...any night a different guy steps up.

Huh? Roy is putting up 8, 7 and 4 about in 27 minutes a game. Very respectable, not calling him a scrub. Billups though put up 15 ppg, 3 rpg and 4 apg last year in only 30 minutes. Not to mention Billups was playing with two all stars. If Roy was on the Clippers he would be averaging 3 ppg.

Butler put up 14+ ppg for the first two months until his nagging knee/conditioning issues caught up to him but he still finished at 12 ppg as a 4th scoring option. Bottom line is Billups of last year is better than Roy this year and Butler is on par.

Not to mention Roy has done okay in a handful of games but let's see how he does 20-30 games into the season with his knees which are shredded. Way too soon to say Billups+Butler=Roy.

stallionaire
11-10-2012, 02:28 AM
lol just wait til the wolves get to the 2nd round, ish

Clippersfan86
11-10-2012, 02:31 AM
lol just wait til the wolves get to the 2nd round, ish

Could happen. They do have talent to play with anybody and are extremely well coached. I'm not hating on them, all I'm saying is let's settle down and give it time.

stallionaire
11-10-2012, 02:35 AM
Could happen. They do have talent to play with anybody and are extremely well coached. I'm not hating on them, all I'm saying is let's settle down and give it time.

just making sure y'all know I believe in them now. you know how this forum is. people will pretend they backed them, yeah right. the twolves are a running joke here.

we're gonna go deep this year and it'll be one of the biggest turnarounds in the nba in a long time

B-Easy8
11-10-2012, 02:35 AM
Just watched the game.

Shved is awesome! Great passer and knows who to pass to. I can't wait to see him and Rubio on the court together.

Ridnour is garbage. He can't do anything aside from hit jumpshots. Horrible defender, can't set up an offense and makes stupid plays. With Rubio, Barea and Shved we don't need him. Trade him for a first or something.

stallionaire
11-10-2012, 02:37 AM
imo Wolves need to deal Ridnour ASAP

i love him as a player but he doesn't fit on the team right now

give me a delonte west simple kinda pg. no ball hogging and ill advised jumpers.

i DO like ridnours transition game. spotless.

no pun intended
11-10-2012, 02:38 AM
How come I never seen the OP Rubio2Gasol before? Are you usually in the Wolves forum or something?

stallionaire
11-10-2012, 02:39 AM
wolves bandwagoner from last registration opening

TheMarkMadsen
11-10-2012, 03:04 AM
wolves bandwagoner from last registration opening

Way to trash your own fans.

Yeah the twolves had a huge 'bandwagon' following last year :rolleyes:

Coming from the "wolves" fan who's also a bandwagon Lebron fan who does more Lebron nut riding than discussing his actual "team"

GTFO.

stallionaire
11-10-2012, 03:19 AM
I love lebron. no secret he's one of my fav players. the nba is a star's league afterall. i don't care 1 bit for the heat. i hate d-whistle and can't give a single shit about anyone on the team besides bosh and bron. (i am also a raptors fan.. loved bosh in toronto)

but nothing will break my unwavering love for the Wolves. I stick it out season after season and i have wasted countless hours, days, weeks, years rooting their losign seasons on just waiting til we return back to former KG days glory

im gonna call out the fake fans.

FireDavidKahn
11-10-2012, 03:28 AM
The Pacers are pretty good.:confusedshrug:

La Frescobaldi
11-10-2012, 04:07 AM
But you gotta trade Love for someone "more serious" first.
go on now......... it ain't right what yer doin right there!!

you know darn good and well Love is if not the best F in the game he's in the top 3 and so do all the other guys talkin trash around this place.

look right here tho:
rubio
shved
pekovic
love
................................ wow ak47 or cunningham or D williams and then as the backup G ridnour for serious running................. when the other team is already tired out from chasing rubio and shved

things looking up for Wolves so far!!

Rubio2Gasol
11-10-2012, 08:16 AM
There are a couple pieces that attracted me to the Wolves.

I'm a huge Adleman fan , his Sacramento team is my favorite team of all time.

I'm a huge Rubio fan.

I've come to like other players like Pek,Barea etc, and was always a fan of Roy , Kirilenko and Shved.

I'm supporting the project, when it ends I will support another project, I don't support teams generally but I try to support Adleman wherever he goes because he implemented the best ball movement system I've ever seen.

Only teams I can claim to have any real love for are Houston because of Hakeem and the Knicks because of the time I spent in New York.

Punpun
11-10-2012, 08:22 AM
I can't believe some "fans" of this team wants to trade K-love.

B-Easy8
11-10-2012, 09:24 AM
I can't believe some "fans" of this team wants to trade K-love.

There seem to be a lot of Wolves "fans" that are trolls on this board.

I can promise you that us actual fans do not want to trade him.

Ridnour on the other hand...

mentallooser
11-10-2012, 09:26 AM
The Pacers are pretty good.:confusedshrug:
No we aren't. I'm emotionally devistated over this by the way.

Yung D-Will
11-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I tell people, Greg Pop is the only coach I'd take over Rick Adelman in the leauge period.

And you shouldn't be shocked, Most Rick Adelman teams are above averge defensivly

SpecialQue
11-10-2012, 12:01 PM
T-Wolves fans have every right to be happy about these wins. I don't give a fvck about the "quality" of the opponent...they're doing this without their two best players. Please get that through your heads, folks. Everyone seems to eager to shit on another team that they avoid this fact.

Also:

You made a thread specifically to brag about the Clippers beating the Jazz a week or so ago. THAT thread had less merit than this one.

Whoah10115
11-10-2012, 12:19 PM
go on now......... it ain't right what yer doin right there!!

you know darn good and well Love is if not the best F in the game he's in the top 3 and so do all the other guys talkin trash around this place.

look right here tho:
rubio
shved
pekovic
love
................................ wow ak47 or cunningham or D williams and then as the backup G ridnour for serious running................. when the other team is already tired out from chasing rubio and shved

things looking up for Wolves so far!!

Rubio2Gasol is a little too obsessed with Kevin Love not being a good player, so I feel as tho I have to be sarcastic over it.

M.Bustly15A5RU8
11-25-2012, 02:17 AM

0-3 and counting.