macpierce
11-10-2012, 12:56 PM
peterson is an animal, respect

BrickingStar
11-10-2012, 12:58 PM
The goat :applause: :bowdown:

Rysio
11-10-2012, 01:02 PM
meh. peterson is probably the only nfl player that can come back as strong if not better than ever from that injury. dont get your hopes up bulls fans.

Go Getter
11-10-2012, 01:11 PM
meh. peterson is probably the only nfl player that can come back as strong if not better than ever from that injury. dont get your hopes up bulls fans.
:lol

The hate is strong in this one.

D. Rose, much like Adrian Peterson, is a freak of nature. Even if he loses 5-10% OF HIS ATHLETICISM HE'S STILL IN THE UPPER ECHELON. (sorry for the caps).

When he comes back beasting you'll just find more things to hate on.

Go Getter
11-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Dr. Peterson has spoken.

He probably shadowing what his doctors told him and adding to it his personal experiences.

Not really joke worthy or funny.

wagexslave
11-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Anyone got a time machine so I can go back and slap my Cardinals for even CONSIDERING drafting Levi POS Brown over AP. S***... imagine if we had Adrian F***ing Peterson on the team when we went to the Superbowl with Kurt Warner and Larry Fitz? Omg insta-champions...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-. Stupid draft failures. :(

Crystallas
11-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Patella vs Hamstring. Sadly, I still believe that Rose's doctor went the wrong direction for his needs, and Peterson's doctor went the right way for his needs(by doing the hamstring autograft.) You can not compare AP and DRose at all, in these respects for recovery.

TheNaturalWR
11-10-2012, 01:31 PM
:lol

The hate is strong in this one.

D. Rose, much like Adrian Peterson, is a freak of nature. Even if he loses 5-10% OF HIS ATHLETICISM HE'S STILL IN THE UPPER ECHELON. (sorry for the caps).

When he comes back beasting you'll just find more things to hate on.

He's right. Rose's athleticism PALES in comparison to AP's.

FireDavidKahn
11-10-2012, 01:44 PM
http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/c3227dbe2af711e282c522000a1fa433_7.jpg
AD is amazing, but I wouldn't necessarily take his advice. AD is one of the GOAT athletes ever and the rehab to him isn't exactly going to be the same as on other people. Derrick Rose is an amazing athlete, but he is no AD in that respect. I just hope Rose sticks to what his doctors say and that he doesn't come back too early, he is really fun to watch.

Rubio2Gasol
11-10-2012, 01:47 PM
If Rose is telling the truth and he really never did specialized work before this injury then I'd say there is alot of hope for Bulls fans.

Go Getter
11-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Patella vs Hamstring. Sadly, I still believe that Rose's doctor went the wrong direction for his needs, and Peterson's doctor went the right way for his needs(by doing the hamstring autograft.) You can not compare AP and DRose at all, in these respects for recovery.

What do you base your assertion off of?

To say that you disagree with one of the top doctors in Chicago without any details seems like flim flam.

Go Getter
11-10-2012, 02:02 PM
AP is one of the goat athletes ever and D. Rose isn't in his league as an athlete?

Smh.

I have had two NBA point guards tell me to my face he is the fastest player they've ever played against or seen.

He's an elite athlete just like AP, ya'll are hating heavy in here:oldlol:

atljonesbro
11-10-2012, 02:05 PM
AP is one of the goat athletes ever and D. Rose isn't in his league as an athlete?

Smh.

I have had two NBA point guards tell me to my face he is the fastest player they've ever played against or seen.

Sorry but AP is a freak compared to D Rose. AP is one of the most ridiculous athletes in sports history.

FireDavidKahn
11-10-2012, 02:06 PM

Smh.

No one is hating, you are just being way too defensive and butthurt.:oldlol:

Go Getter
11-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Sorry but AP is a freak compared to D Rose. AP is one of the most ridiculous athletes in sports history.

D. Rose, before the injury, was one of the most ridiculous athletes in NBA history. State in track.....could have played football if he wanted to.....broke records of guys like Michael Jordan and Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Oh how easily we forget.

Go Getter
11-10-2012, 02:10 PM
No one is hating, you are just being way too defensive and butthurt.:oldlol:
Not butthurt, I disagree. I didn't insult him or use harsh language so your claims have no foundation.

There is no real way to declare who is the biggest freak athlete...it's a matter of opinion.

Saying I'm butthurt is the easy, lazy way out.

If you point to physical or statistical evidence to support your side I'm open to them.

TheNaturalWR
11-10-2012, 02:11 PM
D. Rose, before the injury, was one of the most ridiculous athletes in NBA history. State in track.....could have played football if he wanted to.....broke records of guys like Michael Jordan and Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Oh how easily we forget.

You're a ****ing idiot. :facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-10-2012, 02:15 PM

Smh.

+1

Pre-injury, Rose is the quickest player I've ever seen as well (quicker than both AI and Westbrook).

Go Getter
11-10-2012, 02:16 PM
You're a ****ing idiot. :facepalm

Cry about it.

D. Rose turned around a whole franchise with his talent. His rookie year he was very raw and beasting with little help on the offensive end.

he's one of the strongest PGs in the NBA
otherworldly body control
fast as they come
hops out of the gym

There isn't anything more physically you could want out of a PG.

So imho he is on the same level athletically as AP.

atljonesbro
11-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Cry about it.

D. Rose turned around a whole franchise with his talent. His rookie year he was very raw and beasting with little help on the offensive end.

he's one of the strongest PGs in the NBA
otherworldly body control
fast as they come
hops out of the gym

There isn't anything more physically you could want out of a PG.

So imho he is on the same level athletically as AP.
After 1 hit in the NFL he'd go running back to basketball

Papaya Petee
11-10-2012, 02:20 PM
After 1 hit in the NFL he'd go running back to basketball
:facepalm That is such a terrible argument. Derrick Rose is build for the basketball court, not the football field and hits, and he's not used to being hit, so of course he wouldn't last. Thats as obvious as saying Adrian Peterson would get dunked on everytime someone like LeBron took him to the rim.

Go Getter
11-10-2012, 02:26 PM
:facepalm That is such a terrible argument. Derrick Rose is build for the basketball court, not the football field and hits, and he's not used to being hit, so of course he wouldn't last. Thats as obvious as saying Adrian Peterson would get dunked on everytime someone like LeBron took him to the rim.

You never know. I think if Rose trained for football he could get a shot simply because of his speed. When I went to Ohio State they had open tryouts and they were only looking for people that could run a sub 4.4 40.

It would be fairly easy for him to pack on muscle, but who knows if he could withstand the pain of being hit over and over.

I'm not saying i definitely KNOW that D. Rose is a better athlete overall, I'm saying that i think some are short-changing Rose. Athletically (before the knee) he was the cream of the crop as far as athleticism.

TheNaturalWR
11-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Lets take a look at Adrian Peterson's NFL draft combine

They're both 6'1 with AP having 20 pounds over Rose

4.38 speed, Rose wouldn't even TOUCH that.

38 inch STANDING vertical whereas Rose's standing vert was a 34.5

Rose benched 185 lbs 10 times whereas AP benched 225 lbs TWENTY times and he's gotten significantly stronger over the years as well.

AP's also much quicker and if you actually watch and know the game of football, you'd see it. It's not even a debate and the fact that you're even trying to argue this is just incredibly dumb on your part.

Go Getter
11-10-2012, 02:36 PM

Rose benched 185 lbs 10 times whereas AP benched 225 lbs TWENTY times and he's gotten significantly stronger over the years as well.

AP's also much quicker and if you actually watch and know the game of football, you'd see it. It's not even a debate and the fact that you're even trying to argue this is just incredibly dumb on your part.

1. D. Rose had knee troubles and went into the draft combine tentatively.
2. Rose was running around 4.4 when he was in HS.
3. Strength is not something he trains for so like that so of couse Ap would be stronger.
4. If think you can compare across the board, a basketball athlete to a football athlete you're crazy.
5. Nice of you to leave out the stats that favor Rose, like two step vert (what b ball players practice more than football players)
6. You can't measure quickness and speed with your eyes fool. A lot of people look faster or fast as that Usain Bolt on the TV:facepalm

BrickingStar
11-10-2012, 02:45 PM
3. Strength is not something he trains for so like that so of couse Ap would be stronger.
4. If think you can compare across the board, a basketball athlete to a football athlete you're crazy.
5. Nice of you to leave out the stats that favor Rose, like two step vert (what b ball players practice more than football players)
6. You can't measure quickness and speed with your eyes fool. A lot of people look faster or fast as that Usain Bolt on the TV:facepalm
And faster until proven otherwise

TheNaturalWR
11-10-2012, 02:46 PM

lol @ Rose running a 4.4 at high school. You're just pulling numbers out your ass with that one. There's absolutely no proof you have to support your argument. You know Rose's max vert is 40 inches right? Adrian's vertical would exceed that if they measured it. Yup, it's crazy to compare a football athlete to a basketball athlete because there's NO comparison. You're trying to make the case that Rose is even comparable to one of the top athletes in the NFL not to mention in the HISTORY of mankind. If you don't wanna measure their athleticism with the eye test what else do we use besides the numbers? Which CLEARLY supports AP. Rose wouldn't even be a top 50 athlete in the NFL.

BuffaloBill
11-10-2012, 03:58 PM
D. Rose is gonna come back like Goku

nathanjizzle
11-10-2012, 04:02 PM
And faster until proven otherwise

stregnth equals athleticism? i guess world weight lifters are more athletic than football players now.

nathanjizzle
11-10-2012, 04:03 PM
lol @ Rose running a 4.4 at high school. You're just pulling numbers out your ass with that one. There's absolutely no proof you have to support your argument. You know Rose's max vert is 40 inches right? Adrian's vertical would exceed that if they measured it. Yup, it's crazy to compare a football athlete to a basketball athlete because there's NO comparison. You're trying to make the case that Rose is even comparable to one of the top athletes in the NFL not to mention in the HISTORY of mankind. If you don't wanna measure their athleticism with the eye test what else do we use besides the numbers? Which CLEARLY supports AP. Rose wouldn't even be a top 50 athlete in the NFL.

roses max vert is 44 inches.

tmacattack33
11-10-2012, 04:14 PM

Smh.

AP is where he is because his combination of speed, quickness, and strength is better than 99.9999% of people on earth.

Rose is where he is because he is pretty fast and quick, he is at least 6 foot tall, he can handle the basketball better than 99.9% of people on earth, and shoot it better than 80% of them.

Football is more about pure athleticism than basketball is (except for at the QB position).

IGotACoolStory
11-10-2012, 04:22 PM
C'mon. The top 1 percent of athletes in football are more athletic than the top percent in the NBA.

It's asinine to think otherwise. Do people really think someone like Gerald Green is a better athlete than someone like JPP? Crazy.

tmacattack33
11-10-2012, 04:27 PM
C'mon. The bottom 10 percent of athletes in football (besides linemen, QB's, and kickers) are more athletic than the top 10 percent in the NBA.

It's asinine to think otherwise. Do people really think someone like Gerald Green is a better athlete than someone like Winston Guy (a safety for the seattle seahawks...i randomy picked an NFL team, and clicked on their roster and chose one of their safeties)? Crazy.

Fixed.

ace23
11-10-2012, 04:29 PM
AP is where he is because his combination of speed, quickness, and strength is better than 99.9999% of people on earth.

Rose is where he is because he is pretty fast and quick, he is at least 6 foot tall, he can handle the basketball better than 99.9% of people on earth, and shoot it better than 80% of them.

Football is more about pure athleticism than basketball is (except for at the QB position).
:oldlol:

Rubio2Gasol
11-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Arguing that basketball isn't based purely on athleticism is a pretty good argument for Rose fans. Means he's less likely to lose anything.

As I said the thing that stood out to me was him saying he'd never undergone the type of conditioning and training most NBA players do undergo would give me alot of hope.

That means there's room for improvement.......alot of improvement.

The biggest set of problems I feel Rose will encounter are mental ( and this is where AP's advice sort of comes in handy). His style was fearless , if he has injury in the back of his mind every time he attacks the rim he's never going to be the same old Rose.

If he pushes past that fear and gets full confidence in his legs he'll be better for it.

Go Getter
11-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Being an athlete isn't always about measurables. You see those guys that put up beastly combine numbers but can't do a thing on the field. The top NBA athletes are on par with the top NFL athletes. They train differently....whereas a lot of basketball players never touch a bench press high school football players are very familiar with them. Who is to say if Bron, AI, and Rose didn't train like that they wouldn't put up combine numbers better than AP?

I'm not saying I know I'm just saying none of you wise guys do.

I would agree that football players are on a whole (at the rb/wr/cb positions or whatever) better athletes than basketball players because a lot of basketball is based on height and specific skills like shooting and ball handling. But no question in my mind that basketball athletes like the ones I mentioned are on par with any as far as raw athleticism.

Go Getter
11-10-2012, 06:56 PM

Lol at one of the fastest PGs ever and the man that launched an adidas marketing campaign based off of speed being, "pretty fast and quick."

Dude burns "pretty fast and quick guys" like its nothing.

*o linemen, kickers, and even some dbs are average athletes statistically.

99% of the world could not dunk on Joey Anthony after 3 quarters of basketball....including AP I'd wager.

lilgodfather1
11-10-2012, 07:06 PM
A football athlete is definitely better than a basketball athlete in terms of pure power. Football is a power sport after all. Basketball athletes are in far better condition as a whole though, as the top basketball athletes play 30+ minutes a game every game for 82 games + playoffs for 10+ years. A football player may hit 30 minutes played a game, but the time they are actually playing the game is about 5 seconds every 30 seconds or so... Football is about pure strength, basketball is about strength, and endurance.

KDthunderup
11-10-2012, 07:46 PM
You don't lose athleticism from an ACL reco its all to do with confidence

Jax
11-10-2012, 07:49 PM
I remember a dozen atlethes who did that, first practice back? BOOM
First game back? BOOM, out, for life. Got to be a super freak and lucky.

Money 23
11-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Football is about pure strength, basketball is about strength, and endurance.
Don't forget quickness and speed. Footwork and skill makes basketball the more skilled game.

I think it takes more heart, toughness and guts to play football though.

KyrieTheFuture
11-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Holy **** people think AP and Rose are actually close athletically? God damn what is wrong with you people.

eliteballer
11-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Basketball and football are sports with different athletic requirements. I remember when Reggie Bush and Ladanian Tomlinson were in the NBA celebrity game and they didnt look athletic at all.

lilgodfather1
11-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Don't forget quickness and speed. Footwork and skill makes basketball the more skilled game.

Depending on the position of course in football you have to be quick to be a reciever, or a running back. However, to be a lineman you don't need to be fast, or quick lol. Big, and strong are those requirements.

Even as the most endurant athlete on the football feild RB/WR you may run 10 seconds worth, and that would be considered a very long play. In basketball the players routinely are running back and forth, cutting to the hoop, jumping, etc for minutes at a time.

Basically that is the reason basketball is considered a hybrid sport, and football is considered a power sport.

I'm not saying which player is more gifted athletically because that is subjective to say the least, but imho a top flight basketball athlete would translate better into other sports, than would a top flight football athlete.

LeBron vs. Peterson for example both considered to be of the best athletically speaking, and both players incredibly coordinated. It's not some unfair comparison like a C vs. a WR, or a PG vs. a lineman.

LeBron would likely be able to be a top athlete in many sports, but i'm not sure you can say the same for Peterson. Athletically he would be near the top of the list in any sport, but as we see in the NBA being near the top of the athletics list doesn't make you a great player. I know LeBron would be a very good football player, but I don't think Peterson would be anything more than Leandro Barbosa without a jumper in the NBA.

FKAri
11-10-2012, 08:59 PM

When they train gorillas to hold on to a football and run in a singular direction human beings will be obsolete on the gridiron tho.

dilley
11-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I wonder if AP has a big dick.

TheNaturalWR
11-11-2012, 12:54 AM
roses max vert is 44 inches.

:facepalm No it's not.

You people need to watch some football, seriously. I could name at least 50 players in the NFL that are better athletes than Rose. In all honesty, it isn't a slight to Rose but just how large the gap is in athleticism between football and basketball players.

KDthunderup
11-11-2012, 04:40 AM

You people need to watch some football, seriously. I could name at least 50 players in the NFL that are better athletes than Rose. In all honesty, it isn't a slight to Rose but just how large the gap is in athleticism between football and basketball players.
dude you have no idea what an athlete is do you? :facepalm

Tking714
11-11-2012, 05:20 AM
Half of you don't even lift.

And also, It's a joke to compare COMBINE stats of a KID fresh off his freshman year to combine stats of Adrian F'ing Peterson who came off his JUNIOR year of College with 3 years of gym ratting under his belt.

lefthook00
11-11-2012, 05:32 AM

I kind of agree with this...ESPECIALLY in this case b/c of Rose's height. There are just way too many crazy athletes in the point guard height range in the NFL. Pretty much all running backs, wide outs, corners, and safeties, linebackers...pretty much everyone except O & D lines, quarterbacks, and tight ends.

The only place where NBA athletes > NFL athletes is when they start getting way up there in height.

Rose is pretty crazy though, who knows how he would be if he played football his whole life.

oolalaa
11-11-2012, 11:23 AM

****ing clown. Should be banned.

oolalaa
11-11-2012, 11:24 AM

More clown comments.

Go Getter
11-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Half of you don't even lift.

And also, It's a joke to compare COMBINE stats of a KID fresh off his freshman year to combine stats of Adrian F'ing Peterson who came off his JUNIOR year of College with 3 years of gym ratting under his belt.
Thank you!

This is what I was trying to say. At most, derrick did some circuit training in HS while AP was on a heavy lifting regimine. Of course his measurables, especially bench press will dwarf Rose, especially when Rose spent one year in costs to AP's 3.

My favorite CB Charles Tillman isn't half the athlete Rose is as far as speed and quickness yet he is highly effective.

Charlie Ward was an awesome college QB who ran circles around defenses and he didnt blow the NBA away with his athleticism when he got to the league...

Crystallas
11-11-2012, 05:24 PM
What do you base your assertion off of?

To say that you disagree with one of the top doctors in Chicago without any details seems like flim flam.

It's not my responsibility to educate you on the matter. But hamstring autografts > patella autografts. The fact is, hamstring autografts have a far greater long term success rate with professional athletes.

NumberSix
11-11-2012, 06:18 PM
D Rose ain't no Adrian Peterson.

BuffaloBill
11-11-2012, 06:19 PM
D. Rose will come back even better than he was before.

ClutchOver9000
11-11-2012, 06:27 PM
D-Rose is a marvelous talent, an impressive athlete, especially for his position but Adrian Peterson is a FREAK athlete ladies and gentlemen. 220 lb guy, runs a sub 4.4, has the strength to level defenders as big as 250 lbs, and the agility of a cat. No comparison.

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 06:31 PM
lol at people acting like Adrian Peterson is Bo Jackson and it is somehow an insult to him to be compared to Derrick Rose. They're absolutely comparable as athletes. Peterson is a freak of an athlete but there are even bigger freaks in the NFL, Calvin Johnson and Julius Peppers to name a few. Calvin Johnson makes Adrian Peterson look like a child in terms of pure athleticism and measurables. Rose's combination of Size, speed, quickness, strength, length certainly compares favorably to Adrian Peterson.

ClutchOver9000
11-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Rose's combination of Size, speed, quickness, strength, length certainly compares favorably to Adrian Peterson.

your post has now been rendered invalid

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
D-Rose is a marvelous talent, an impressive athlete, especially for his position but Adrian Peterson is a FREAK athlete ladies and gentlemen. 220 lb guy, runs a sub 4.4, has the strength to level defenders as big as 250 lbs, and the agility of a cat. No comparison.

Again you people are overrating Peterson. We don't even know what Rose run's in the 40 so there's no use comparing that. Rose is a FREAK on the same level. You people acting like Peterson is Bo Jackson are looking quite foolish. He's no on a different level, not at all. If it were in fact Bo Jackson I would say he was on a different level, but Peterson is no Bo Jackson.

NumberSix
11-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Again you people are overrating Peterson. We don't even know what Rose run's in the 40 so there's no use comparing that. Rose is a FREAK on the same level. You people acting like Peterson is Bo Jackson are looking quite foolish. He's no on a different level, not at all. If it were in fact Bo Jackson I would say he was on a different level, but Peterson is no Bo Jackson.
You're an idiot. Shhhhh.

ClutchOver9000
11-11-2012, 06:40 PM

lol what does Peterson being a better athlete than Rose have to do w/ Bo Jackson. Nothing whatsoever.

Rose is not a better overall athlete than Peterson. The end.

Pacers4ever
11-11-2012, 06:41 PM
lol at people acting like Adrian Peterson is Bo Jackson and it is somehow an insult to him to be compared to Derrick Rose. They're absolutely comparable as athletes. Peterson is a freak of an athlete but there are even bigger freaks in the NFL, Calvin Johnson and Julius Peppers to name a few. Calvin Johnson makes Adrian Peterson look like a child in terms of pure athleticism and measurables. Rose's combination of Size, speed, quickness, strength, length certainly compares favorably to Adrian Peterson.
There's no evidence that rose is faster than AP in fact it's the other way around

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 06:42 PM
your post has now been rendered invalid

He's at least as tall and is one of the strongest players at his position, just as Peterson is. Rose is consistently muscling through defenders. That was one of the biggest issues in his first few years and the reason why he wasn't getting many ft attempts, because his strength would allow him to go through defenders and the officials cannot see the punishment he is taking. Peterson is a bit larger but you are again exaggerating his size and strength. He's very powerful and can punish defenders.... just as Rose can do the same in his sport.

NumberSix
11-11-2012, 06:43 PM
He's at least as tall and is one of the strongest players at his position, just as Peterson is. Rose is consistently muscling through defenders. That was one of the biggest issues in his first few years and the reason why he wasn't getting many ft attempts, because his strength would allow him to go through defenders and the officials cannot see the punishment he is taking. Peterson is a bit larger but you are again exaggerating his size and strength. He's very powerful and can punish defenders.... just as Rose can do the same in his sport.
I thought I told you to be quiet?

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 06:44 PM
There's no evidence that rose is faster than AP in fact it's the other way around

There's absolutely no way of proving that and no where did I say that Rose is faster, I said he compares to him which he absolutely does. Some of you are showing your bias.

Pacers4ever
11-11-2012, 06:49 PM
There's absolutely no way of proving that and no where did I say that Rose is faster, I said he compares to him which he absolutely does. Some of you are showing your bias.
combine stats are the only facts we can use and don't compare NFL to NBA in muscling defenders it's clear AP has the edge.

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 06:49 PM
I thought I told you to be quiet?

You're next good post would be your first, now **** off little boy.

RaininTwos
11-11-2012, 06:52 PM
+1

Pre-injury, Rose is the quickest player I've ever seen as well (quicker than both AI and Westbrook).
How are people even making statements like these?

NumberSix
11-11-2012, 06:52 PM
You're next good post would be your first, now **** off little boy.
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1190251227/Oh-You-Mad-Cause-Im-Stylin-on-you.jpg

NumberSix
11-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Their eyes just don't work right after a certain number of cumshots in them.

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 06:53 PM
combine stats are the only facts we can use and don't compare NFL to NBA in muscling defenders it's clear AP has the edge.

Peterson came out after his Junior year whereas Rose came out after his freshman year. Peterson having the age advantage was more developed physically when coming out of college. If we're using combine stats which as you say are the facts, then what is Rose's 40 time? As far as I can tell that isn't anywhere to be found. You also can't compare the physicality of two completely different sports, we have no idea how Peterson's explosiveness would translate to the NBA. Rose also appears to have the length advantage as well.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-11-2012, 06:54 PM

Pretty easily. He's the quickest I have seen.

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 06:56 PM

He's not at least comparable? I know some of you don't like Rose for whatever reason and will let that cloud your judgement but some of this is really ridiculous. Obviously end to end speed during a game is not quantifiable, at least not to this point. All three of those players are some of the fastest players with the ball that I've ever seen.

NumberSix
11-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Pretty easily. He's the quickest I have seen.
http://www.classwarfareexists.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Mitt-Romney-Smug-e1344404467722.jpg

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-11-2012, 06:57 PM
He's not at least comparable? I know some of you don't like Rose for whatever reason and will let that cloud your judgement but some of this is really ridiculous. Obviously end to end speed during a game is not quantifiable, at least not to this point. All three of those players are some of the fastest players with the ball that I've ever seen.

Why respond to these twats?! They just dont understand - or ever will.

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Peterson isn't even the fastest running back in the NFL, let alone player and we're going to act like Rose's speed isn't at the very least comparable, when we don't even know his 40 time... makes sense... sound logic.....

NumberSix
11-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Why respond to these twats?! They just dont understand - or ever will.
http://drrrp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/todd-akin-legitmate-rape.jpg

Pacers4ever
11-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Peterson isn't even the fastest running back in the NFL, let alone player and we're going to act like Rose's speed isn't at the very least comparable, when we don't even know his 40 time... makes sense... sound logic.....
How is that even worth mentioning? Does that mean Rose is the faster than him ? Dumb bitch :facepalm Rose isn't the fastest player in the NBA because someone eyes think he is.

RaininTwos
11-11-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't know why you are defending someone who speaks in absolutes. Rose is/was up there in terms of speed, but that is completely different than saying he's the fastest player in at least the past 17 years.

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 07:07 PM
How is that even worth mentioning? Does that mean Rose is the faster than him ? Dumb bitch :facepalm Rose isn't the fastest player in the NBA because someone eyes think he is.

Wow, you really are a retard. When did I say that Rose was faster? Learn how to read retard. Based on the fact that Rose is arguably the fastest player in his sport and the fact that Adrian Peterson is NOT arguably the fastest player in his sport I'd say they're comparable. Polish your argumentative skills you illiterate ****.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-11-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't know why you are defending someone who speaks in absolutes. Rose is/was up there in terms of speed, but that is completely different than saying he's the fastest player in at least the past 17 years.

Not like it isn't debatable. Not sure why people even care about this shit. :oldlol:

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 07:09 PM

The people on the other side of the argument are using absolutes as well.

Pacers4ever
11-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Wow, you really are a retard. When did I say that Rose was faster? Learn how to read retard. Based on the fact that Rose is arguably the fastest player in his sport and the fact that Adrian Peterson is NOT arguably the fastest player in his sport I'd say they're comparable. Polish your argumentative skills you illiterate ****.
Based on what "he looks like the fastest therefor he is" ? And no shit AP AND ROSE don't have a case against the fastest players in the NFL :hammerhead:

RaininTwos
11-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Not like it isn't debatable. Not sure why people even care about this shit. :oldlol:
How are you not sure why people even care about shit, when you said the shit?:biggums:

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM

Show me the 40 times of every NBA player and then we can compare them.... oh, that's right we don't have them. With the absence of stats we must use our eyes. I know this is a lot for your brain to process but it's really not hard to understand.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-11-2012, 07:14 PM
How are you not sure why people even care about shit, when you said the shit?:biggums:

It's my opinion. I'm not mad someone disagrees w/ me.

Why are you sooo lame?

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Some of you people really scare me. I know we have some stupid people in this world... but my god it's like arguing with a 5 year old.

RaininTwos
11-11-2012, 07:17 PM

Why are you sooo lame?
I don't know why you are so defensive. Obviously it bothers that people disagree or you would be the one throwing childish insults. I'm cool. I asked a question and you had an indefensible answer....but you don't care about any of this lol.

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 07:18 PM

Why are you sooo lame?

Exactly. It's simply a matter of opinion. Some of you are so damn defensive if we dare compare Derrick Rose to Adrian Peterson, it's a bit bizarre. Almost as bizarre as your "logical" arguments.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-11-2012, 07:22 PM
I don't know why you are so defensive. Obviously it bothers that people disagree or you would be the one throwing childish insults. I'm cool. I asked a question and you had an indefensible answer....but you don't care about any of this lol.

It doesn't bother me at all, honestly. When you post things this: "How are people even making statements like these?"...you're the one that sounds like you have an agenda. Like I said, it's my opinion. Disagree with me all you want, but to act like it's not even comparable (or that Rose isn't just as fast/faster) is lame.

AlonzoGOAT
11-11-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm going with AP > Rose in terms of the better athlete.

AngelEyes
11-11-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm going with AP > Rose in terms of the better athlete.

Certainly possible. The man was such a monster in his first few seasons. What he did against the Bears in his rookie season was beyond ridiculous.

RaininTwos
11-11-2012, 07:25 PM
It doesn't bother me at all, honestly. When you post things this: "How are people even making statements like these?"...you're the one that sounds like you have an agenda. Like I said, it's my opinion. Disagree with me all you want, but to act like it's not even comparable (or that Rose isn't just as fast/faster) is lame.
Agenda?:oldlol:

I asked one question and you've been a defensive baby all along. You aren't even saying anything right now. Keep making stuff up and twisting reality.

NumberSix
11-11-2012, 07:27 PM

I asked one question and you've been a defensive baby all along. You aren't even saying anything right now. Keep making stuff up and twisting reality.
He's what we in the scientific community refer to as a "****-wad"

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-11-2012, 07:27 PM

Not at all.

Keep asking questions that don't have definitive answers. :oldlol:

RaininTwos
11-11-2012, 07:30 PM
He's what we in the scientific community refer to as a "****-wad"
I'm starting to see that. I ask dude one question and just because it's not one that prompts either a yes or a no, he becomes defensive. :oldlol:

LosBulls
11-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Will be bumping this when Rose Returns.

TheNaturalWR
11-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Will be bumping this when Rose Returns.

Why? Even if he plays good it doesn't change the fact that AP's athleticism is on another planet compared to Rose's.

brandonislegend
11-11-2012, 11:17 PM
AP > Rose athletically, AP is a ****ing bull literally.

ThunderKat
11-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Dude ripped off another 170 yards this week.. and leads the league in rushing after his surgery.:rockon:

AD is a monster!! I remember watching him run at OU thinking he's the only player I've ever seen that could make the jump from high school straight to the NFL. This is a pic of him at an OU practice....

http://www.adrian-peterson.com/OU_Practice_12_29_023.jpg

BuffaloBill
11-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Athletically, they are both beasts!! Two of the most exciting players to watch in their respective sports.

Go Getter
11-11-2012, 11:52 PM
It's not my responsibility to educate you on the matter. But hamstring autografts > patella autografts. The fact is, hamstring autografts have a far greater long term success rate with professional athletes.
I didnt ask you dor an education I asked you for a source. I'm sure the RUSH hospital did the best they could for Rose's situation but if you do know more than thr top doctors in Chicago is like to know how I can find out why they used an inferior process.

The Choken One
11-11-2012, 11:53 PM
AD is amazing, but I wouldn't necessarily take his advice. AD is one of the GOAT athletes ever and the rehab to him isn't exactly going to be the same as on other people. Derrick Rose is an amazing athlete, but he is no AD in that respect. I just hope Rose sticks to what his doctors say and that he doesn't come back too early, he is really fun to watch.
This.

AP is literally a freak of nature...

KingBeasley08
11-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Peterson's level of size, strength, and speed is ridiculous. There is no comparison between him and Rose. Anyone expecting Rose to recover as fast as Peterson is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

ace23
11-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Rose ran what translates to a 5.13 40-time in the 3/4 court sprint coming out of college. Don't think he could make up that speed in 16 yards.

BuffaloBill
11-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Rose ran what translates to a 5.13 40-time in the 3/4 court sprint coming out of college. Don't think he could make up that speed in 16 yards.

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

OG LeeTSkeeT
11-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Question, how come a NFL player can come back from torn ACL/MCL faster then a NBA player recovering from the same exact injury. NFL players have to endure tackles where NBA players are running up and down the court and doing a lot of jumping therefore putting a lot of stress and impact on the knees, could that be the reason why?

NumberSix
11-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Question, how come a NFL player can come back from torn ACL/MCL faster then a NBA player recovering from the same exact injury. NFL players have to endure tackles where NBA players are running up and down the court and doing a lot of jumping therefore putting a lot of stress and impact on the knees, could that be the reason why?
Dem P.E.D.s

Seriously though, you've pretty much got it. Different actions. Different level of strain.

Heavincent
11-12-2012, 01:29 AM
AP might get to 2,000 rushing yards in his first year back from tearing his knee up. That's ****ing amazing.

Tking714
11-12-2012, 03:30 AM

Running straight lines for seconds at a time on turf is a lot easier on the body than doing stop and go, quick cuts, and jumping motions on a hard wood floor for minutes at a time. The tendons and joints take a pounding.

Also factor in that basketball players are doing constant cardio between 48 minute games, practices, warmups, and then traveling and not getting decent sleep. As opposed to football players who play once a week so they can better keep track of their nutrition, rest, and strength programs. They have time to hit the weight room. Whereas most of the time basketball players can only get a decent weight room regimen during the off-season.

stallionaire
11-12-2012, 03:49 AM

This.

People comparing D Rose to AP should be ashamed.

lefthook00
11-12-2012, 04:39 AM

ACL tear is a non-contact injury, you can easily tear your knee up without anyone running into it.

As far as coming back quickly, everyone is different. Obviously zero f*cks are given by Adrian Peterson, he is a barbarian savage. He is running on a knee that isn't 100% yet, trusting that going full speed will help him recover faster. On the other hand, someone like George St. Pierre is taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to come back from his knee injury, he is babying his knee, he even contemplated retiring. He is someone that hates fighting unless he is 100%. Rose probably has a sh*tload of people telling him about the risks of "coming back too early".

miggyme1
11-12-2012, 05:20 AM
ACL tear is a non-contact injury, you can easily tear your knee up without anyone running into it.

As far as coming back quickly, everyone is different. Obviously zero f*cks are given by Adrian Peterson, he is a barbarian savage. He is running on a knee that isn't 100% yet, trusting that going full speed will help him recover faster. On the other hand, someone like George St. Pierre is taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to come back from his knee injury, he is babying his knee, he even contemplated retiring. He is someone that hates fighting unless he is 100%. Rose probably has a sh*tload of people telling him about the risks of "coming back too early".
two things we gotta keep in mind here people and its so obvious.....first ap is a amazon god....look at his body compared to drose......ap is larger than drose but faster and stronger.....how many times do you see that?you cant walk outside and find that on your block....somebody bigger than u and stronger?yea u can find that...but bigger than you,stronger and faster? thats very very very very very rare.why do you think people praise lebron so much????????????cmon people think....

now second two different sports.....drose depends on his ligaments every second he is on the court......cutting,stopping on a dime everything.now for ap its different first of all hes not always on the field....second there are gonna be times where he gets th eball and its just boom staright line speed find a hole and run like a man on fire...no cutting....no stoppin....no dribbling cutback spin move fake behind the back stop on a dime and explode for a layup......90% of what made drose great was his legs...........for ap id say its about ummmmm 50 to 60...he still has a monster upper body and even with a lil speed lost he still wud be a top 5 back....a faster jim brown in my opinion.

hope yall understand this now.thanks
hope that cleared everything up for you guys