PDA

View Full Version : "Mike Brown didn't get fair shake" - Lebron

cavsfanatic
11-10-2012, 11:42 PM
As the Los Angeles Lakers move forward in a high-profile search for their next coach, count LeBron James among those who took exception to how matters went down with Mike Brown.

James doesn't believe his former coach in Cleveland ever got a "fair shake" in Los Angeles and was stunned when he learned Brown was fired by the Lakers on Friday after their 1-4 start to the season.

James played five years for Brown with the Cavaliers before Brown was fired by Cleveland after the 2009-10 season, just weeks before James departed in free agency to sign with Miami.

"I think it's unfortunate," James said Friday after the Heat's win in Atlanta against the Hawks. "I just don't think he got a fair shake, honestly. With the shortened season last year, and five games into this year, he didn't really get a full season."

Brown was hired by the Lakers before the NBA lockout last season, which condensed the regular-season schedule to 66 games. The Lakers were eliminated in the Western Conference semifinals by Oklahoma City, who eventually lost to Miami in the NBA Finals to give James the championship he never won with Brown in Cleveland.

Brown was fired in Cleveland despite winning more games than any coach in franchise history. But he was let go amid speculation that his relationship with James had soured over their final season together. James was publicly silent about Brown's potential fate -- or any other matter regarding the Cavaliers -- after Cleveland was eliminated from the playoffs by Boston in 2010.

James shook his head and paused for several seconds at his locker when he was initially asked about Brown's dismissal in Los Angeles. The Lakers are reportedly interested in former coach Phil Jackson, among others, to take over for the rest of the season.

"I've got a lot to say, but I'm not going to say it right now," said James, who won two of his three league MVP awards under Brown in Cleveland and also led the Cavaliers to the 2007 NBA Finals. "I wish him the best, but I just think it's unfortunate and it's just, you know, how the league is. They can do what they want to do."

James didn't elaborate, and his session with reporters was ended by a team official after that final vague comment. James told ESPN.com he planned to reach out and speak to Brown in the coming days. The Heat are on a six-game trip that takes them to Los Angeles next week to play the Clippers.

TheMarkMadsen
11-10-2012, 11:50 PM
I don't thnk Mike Brown got a fair shake when you quit on him against Boston Lebron.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-10-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't thnk Mike Brown got a fair shake when you quit on him against Boston Lebron.

:roll: :applause:

longtime lurker
11-10-2012, 11:55 PM

BUUUUUUURNN :roll: :roll: :roll:

nbarumorz
11-10-2012, 11:56 PM

:cheers: fvck off Lebron. needs to learn its ok to go NO COMMENT on some press questions.

Deuce Bigalow
11-10-2012, 11:56 PM
What was wrong with it? Not even sugar? Not the right flavor?

http://img4-3.myrecipes.timeinc.net/i/recipes/sl/03142008/sundae-shake-sl-1611762-l.jpg

ripthekik
11-11-2012, 12:06 AM
:oldlol: :roll: :applause:

KeyNote
11-11-2012, 12:07 AM

basically

Bobcat4Ever
11-11-2012, 12:08 AM
LeBron should kill himself

TylerOO
11-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Stolen from twitter?

TheMarkMadsen
11-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Stolen from twitter?

no? i don't have a twitter nor do i visit twitter, it was just the first thing that popped in my mind when i read his comments.

I don't dislike Lebron as a player, but when you're arguably the best talent in the NBA & you even look a bit dis intrested in a series of that magnitude which ultimatly got Mike Brown fired you have NO PLACE commenting on the dude when he gets fired 2 years later

HorryIsMyMVP
11-11-2012, 12:24 AM
Now Lebron is scared of LA. I can just see the Heat locker room discussion.

Wade: haha Lebron life is so good. You leave Mike Brown and he ends up going to the Lakers.:oldlol:

Lebron: haha yeah lulz dumbasses.

Bosh: guys look at this. Points at news article that says Phil Jackson signs for 3 years...

Lebron: but...BUT...THATS NOT FAIR. THEY DIDNT EVEN TRY MIKE BROWN
THEY SHOULD HAVE ATLEAST LET ME HAVE 1 MORE YEAR. WHAT THE **** GUYS.

TheMarkMadsen
11-11-2012, 12:27 AM

Wade: haha Lebron life is so good. You leave Mike Brown and he ends up going to the Lakers.:oldlol:

Bosh: guys look at this. Points at news article that says Phil Jackson signs for 3 years...

totally expected an anti Kobe rant from you.

you let me down :(

Mr. Jabbar
11-11-2012, 12:31 AM

http://imageshack.us/a/img829/3686/bombsaway.jpg

ImmortalD24
11-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Well.. He's right.

NumberSix
11-11-2012, 12:51 AM
Fck a "fair shake". Mike brown never deserved a shake in the first place.

I<3NBA
11-11-2012, 04:19 AM
Fck a "fair shake". Mike brown never deserved a shake in the first place.
:lol

stevieming
11-11-2012, 05:00 AM

That gave me a good chuckle!! :applause: :applause: :oldlol:

White Mamba
11-11-2012, 05:04 AM
Stolen from twitter?

Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton

LeBron said the Lakers didnt give Mike Brown a fair shake. Neither did you LeBron, when you quit on Brown & your team vs the Celtics in 2010
Retweeted 1579 times :biggums:

Fudge
11-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Ouch. :roll: :cry:

Richesly
11-11-2012, 05:42 AM
What Mark said isn't funny, he just ripped it off twitter.

G-Funk
11-11-2012, 06:49 AM

Twitter's are not the only ppl who think he quit in that series. It actually crossed my mind as well

Lebron23
11-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Twitter's are not the only ppl who think he quit in that series. It actually crossed my mind as well

Mike Brown is a terrible coach. The Cavaliers overachieved during LeBron's tenure with the team.

G-Funk
11-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Mike Brown is a terrible coach. The Cavaliers overachieved during LeBron's tenure with the team.
IF Mike Brown is such a terrible than wTF is Lebron talking about, If he likes him so much he should give him a shake.

Lebron23
11-11-2012, 07:03 AM
IF Mike Brown is such a terrible than wTF is Lebron talking about, If he likes him so much he should give him a shake.

Mike Brown will never coach another NBA team. LeBron respects Mike Brown as a friend.

Rysio
11-11-2012, 07:50 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

zizozain
11-11-2012, 07:54 AM
:applause:

Hittin_Shots
11-11-2012, 08:20 AM

Wouldn't you want a terrible coach in charge of a team with that much talent in their starting 5, if you were possibly going to end up facing them for the title?

Optimus Prime
11-11-2012, 09:28 AM

:applause:

LeBron once again showing just how classless he really is.

:kobe: Mamba out

Walker
11-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I know it will come as a huge shock to the 20 year old hipster douchebag crowd but not everyone uses Twitter. Infact alot of people think it's the most retarded thing ever created on the internet...

cavsfanatic
11-11-2012, 11:45 AM
As a Cavs fan I thought Lebron quit that Boston series as well, until he did the same thing against The Mavericks in The Finals.

He actually played worse in The Finals than against Boston. I don't know if he quit or choked

TheMarkMadsen
11-11-2012, 01:10 PM

I don't have a twitter nor do I visit twitter, like somebody said below "twitter isn't the only person who thinks lebron quit in that series" It was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read Lebrons comments.

RRR3
11-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Another thread ruined by insecure Kobe fans. Typical

ripthekik
11-11-2012, 01:19 PM
RRR3 mad as shiit
http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Have_a11698_2843312.gif
:roll: :roll: :roll:

ashlar
11-11-2012, 01:19 PM

Are you gonna say that Lebron didn't quit in the Boston series? Even most non Kobe/Laker fans would agree he quit on the team in that series. Just like Kobe quitting in game 7 in the Suns series.

RRR3
11-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Are you gonna say that Lebron didn't quit in the Boston series? Even most non Kobe/Laker fans would agree he quit on the team in that series. Just like Kobe quitting in game 7 in the Suns series.
I'm not getting into this.

ripthekik
11-11-2012, 01:21 PM
I won't admit anything anti-Lebron
fixed.

RRR3
11-11-2012, 01:28 PM
11 years old :oldlol:
http://gbatmw.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=2088

ripthekik
11-11-2012, 01:32 PM
11 years old :oldlol:
http://gbatmw.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=2088
For someone who pretends to ignore me, funny you got so mad you had to google my account name :roll: :roll: :roll:
Can't resort to anything else now?

birthday: 01-01-2001 :applause:
Nice job, detective RRR3.

TryToBeUnbias
11-11-2012, 01:46 PM
He couldn't motivate the players to play consistent defense.

His rotations were still pretty bad(although he said he was experimenting they were still pretty bad)

Not sure if he had the teams respect(this was obvious last season).

He still has a lot to learn as a coach.

They need Howard to stay.

The Lakers want to win now & can't risk any of those things mentioned above

NumberSix
11-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton

LeBron said the Lakers didnt give Mike Brown a fair shake. Neither did you LeBron, when you quit on Brown & your team vs the Celtics in 2010
Retweeted 1579 times :biggums:
Legitimate rape

RRR3
11-11-2012, 06:17 PM
LeBron gave Mike Brown 5 years anyways, Lakers fans have been calling for his head since day 1, so they have ZERO room to critique LeBron here.

NumberSix
11-11-2012, 06:47 PM
LeBron is such a lame sometimes. smh.

RedBlackAttack
11-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm really glad the Lakers have moved on. As a life-long Cavs fan, I know Brown has some deficiencies as a head coach, but Lakers fans have been just flat-out brutal to the guy essentially since he was announced last year. Every single thing that has gone wrong in the last year has been attributed to Brown, it seemed.

I'm not going to sit here and say he's not a part of the problem so far this season, but last year I thought the Lakers went about as far as that team should have gone... No more, no less. The Spurs and Thunder both had better teams.

This year, maybe he hasn't done a good job of managing egos or fitting the system to the players, not the players to the system... But, when expectations are being the best team in the league right out of the gates, I don't think there are many coaches who could have matched that lofty goal this soon with a group of guys who haven't played much together in their lives.

At the end of the day, I'm glad Lakers fans don't have Mike Brown to kick around anymore.