PDA

View Full Version : 2012/13 Observation Deck

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

SourPatchKids
12-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Not gonna lie...I had no idea all of those schools were Catholic schools. I mean I knew St. John's and Providence were, but not the rest.
Lol same.

Dolphin
12-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Some good games to watch on tv today. Butler/Indiana, Alabama/VCU (just to see VCU), New Mexico St/New Mexico.

Then Florida/Arizona online later.

Games I won't get to see, but should pay attention to, are: Louisville vs Memphis, K-State vs Gonzaga (may have to watch this one).

IGotACoolStory
12-15-2012, 02:37 PM
I must be going insane, because I swear Dex (Strickland) can be a PG in the NBA after watching the last few games.

dak121
12-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Can't remember the last time I loved watching a college player as much as Oladipo.

Defense, slashing to the basket, crashing the boards like a mad man with the eye-popping athleticism. Damn I would love to see the Bulls draft him.

IGotACoolStory
12-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Brad Stevens is a ridiculously good coach.

imdaman99
12-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Brad Stevens is a ridiculously good coach.
ridiculously good and ridiculously young.

butler will contend every year he is there.

dammit the best 2 players on butler fouled out... up 7 with 3 mins to go and now its a 2 pt game. i want butler to pull off the upset but doesnt seem likely at this point.

KG215
12-15-2012, 05:26 PM
And a third Butler player fouls out in OT on a pretty questionable call.

UtahJazzFan88
12-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Holy shit this is a good game

Jackass18
12-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Clutchness right there.

KG215
12-15-2012, 05:38 PM
And down goes #1.

Looking at their schedule...how'd Butler lose to Xavier by 15?

IGotACoolStory
12-15-2012, 05:38 PM
To beat Indiana in overtime with their players fouled out... Jesus.

KG215
12-15-2012, 05:40 PM
To beat Indiana in overtime with their players fouled out... Jesus.
All of their big men, too. I'm pretty sure Indiana's shortest player on the court in OT was as tall or taller than Butler's tallest player.

InspiredLebowski
12-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Zeller finishes with zero fouls in 37 minutes. It's just laughable at this point.

KG215
12-16-2012, 01:11 AM
Florida led the entire game, by as many as 11 in the second half, and looked to be under control up 64-58 with about a minute to go, and....

they lose 65-64.

IGotACoolStory
12-16-2012, 01:35 AM
That was an epic choke job. Like I'm purposely throwing the game type of choke job.

qrich
12-16-2012, 02:17 AM
UoA is damn good. Disappointed I didn't go to the game, had free tickets too :hammerhead:

UC Riverside held to 26 points against USC for the entire game..:wtf:. UCLA with a nice 42 point win over a crappy school.

Can't wait for CSUN's game on Tuesday, should beat the DII side by at least 30 and then a tough game @ Utah next Friday.

Dolphin
12-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Didn't get to see the game last night unfortunately. Is it safe to say most experts will be less high on Florida than be more high on Arizona?

SourPatchKids
12-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Illinois should be ranked higher than Indiana now but it won't happen.

IGotACoolStory
12-16-2012, 08:39 PM
I don't think Stevens is going to leave Butler anytime soon.

Barlow proves The Butler Way is alive and well (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20121215/bulldogs-stun-hoosiers-duplicate-2/?sct=hp_wr_a1&eref=sihp)

It seemed to matter deeply to the 19,000-plus souls crammed into available space for this event. This was taut competition, not least for the men pacing the sideline, the animation of Stevens and Indiana coach Tom Crean underscoring the grind. When the Hoosiers' irreplaceable star, Cody Zeller, drove hard on the baseline and got body-checked in the air for his efforts, Stevens grinned and applauded the hard foul from his bench. On the other end, Crean was not amused.
"Oh, yeah, you like that?" he bellowed. "Make sure they make a play on the ball!"
And so it went, reflective of the game's tenor, each coach desperately trying to hoarse-collar calls. Exasperated by whistles in Zeller's favor after Roosevelt Jones picked up his fourth foul, Stevens held an extended audience with referee Mike Kitts. As Kitts trotted down toward the Indiana bench, Crean playfully played the good cop. "I don't treat you like that," the Hoosiers coach cooed, even tossing Kitts a towel to wipe down a damp spot on the floor.
Even more exasperated when center Andrew Smith picked up his fourth foul while checking Zeller, Stevens picked up his zingers. "Keep protecting him!" the Butler coach said. "Make him some more money!"

Doesn't that just sound like a guy who enjoys playing the underdog? He's the nerdy kid who knows (or thinks he knows) he's better than everyone at something people don't expect him to be good at, and tries to show up the "big boys" whenever he can. Sounds like he coaches with a chip on his shoulder like "You think you are better than me because I coach at Butler?".

You can't play that role at a place like Indiana or Duke. The latter being where I think he is most likely to end up.

An interesting discussion was brought up on another message board I post on. How does the way he builds a team translate to a blue blood school?

Stevens clearly has a style. He recruits these tough-nosed, 4 year guys, who play his system. I realize much of that is because he's at Butler and he doesn't have much of a choice. He also recruited Cody Zeller (a blue chipper).

But that doesn't change the fact that at a blue blood school you have the opportunity, and are expected, to go after the top kids in the class, within reason. Essentially he would have to compromise and adjust his philosophy to try and find the right median to implement potential one and done NBA talents with whatever he tries to do at Butler.

As a fan of a program who gets negative recruiting against his coach because of a "team philosophy" my coach runs, it's a lot harder to land those recruits than you might think.

How would Stevens adjust to a Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker? Because it wouldn't be the other way around.

SourPatchKids
12-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Pepperdine flying high

NuggetsFan
12-17-2012, 11:09 PM
What are people's thoughts on Michael Carter-Williams? Haven't really see much of him but his numbers are kinda crazy. Is he actually a legit 6'6 PG on the next level too?

SourPatchKids
12-18-2012, 02:12 AM
What are people's thoughts on Michael Carter-Williams? Haven't really see much of him but his numbers are kinda crazy. Is he actually a legit 6'6 PG on the next level too?
Doesn't need to break down defenders off the dribble because he can physically bully them and use his athleticism to get into the lane and cause all kinds of harm at will. Obviously this will be toned down greatly in the pros but I do predict he will be an NBA all-star before the end of the decade.

InspiredLebowski
12-18-2012, 02:13 AM
So we all agree the NCAA needs to go to a 30 second shot clock right?

IGotACoolStory
12-18-2012, 02:28 AM
I don't want to get into MCW because I haven't watched enough of him, but typically Cuse wing defenders get overrated because of the zone defense Boeheim runs. See Johnson, Wesley.

^ 30 at minimum. If the product is going to be ruined by the one and done rule, might as well make it entertaining across the board. That's impossible with total scores being 80.

InspiredLebowski
12-18-2012, 02:40 AM
Butler joining up with the Big East Catholic schools has me kinda scared as a Purdue fan. I think Butler's already there as a "power program," whatever you definition is. Perpetual top 25ish team.

But if/when Brad Stevens leaves there's the chance they go back to relative obscurity. They join that league there's no reason for that to happen. Big time conference, middle of a recruiting mecca. They'd be able to get legitimately elite recruits. And the last thing Purdue needs is another in state power.

irondarts
12-18-2012, 09:32 PM
He's insanely good and is definitely a legit PG at the next level. Should be a top 10 pick for sure.

irondarts
12-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Good lord this Kansas-Richmond game is ugly.

Richmond is just chucking up 3's and missing almost all of them.

Jailblazers7
12-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Good lord this Kansas-Richmond game is ugly.

Richmond is just chucking up 3's and missing almost all of them.

Richmond looks like a bad HS that is in over its head. :oldlol:

kNicKz
12-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Richmond looks like a bad HS that is in over its head. :oldlol:

Watch a Maryland Eastern Shore game

IGotACoolStory
12-19-2012, 10:49 PM
I give up. This team is a lost cause.

No ****ing talent, no ****ing coaching.

KG215
12-20-2012, 12:04 AM
UNC sucks again. Yay.

Two NIT trips in four years. That should NEVER happen at UNC. Roy needs to fiure something out recruiting wise, because this level of talent is not ever going to cut it.

HB40TheNextStar
12-20-2012, 12:36 AM
All I have to say:

Square peg. Round hole.

noob cake
12-20-2012, 12:48 AM
UNC sucks again. Yay.

Two NIT trips in four years. That should NEVER happen at UNC. Roy needs to fiure something out recruiting wise, because this level of talent is not ever going to cut it.

lol what??

4/5 stars won't cut it?

HB40TheNextStar
12-20-2012, 01:19 AM
The funny thing is, how many coaches have had more success than Roy in the last 8 seasons?

2005 - National Championship
2006 - 32
2007 - Elite 8
2008 - Final Four
2009 - National Championship
2010 - NIT
2011 - Elite 8
2012 - Elite 8

6 of the last 8 seasons were in Elite 8 or further. 2 National championships out of 3 Final Four appereances. That's great. I mean, truly great.

Could have won it all in 2008 (should have, imo). Could have won it all in 2012, if Kendall Marshall doesn't get injured. Could have even won it in 2011, considering that UConn team won the championship.

But he is dropping the ball this year. It's not talent. It's the kids have ZERO idea how to run UNC's freelance offense. Defense, well...

irondarts
12-20-2012, 02:19 AM
UNC sucks again. Yay.

Every year he hauls in a recruiting class full of 4 and 5 star recruits. It's not about talent..

IGotACoolStory
12-20-2012, 02:46 AM
To be fair, how many NBA players do you see on this UNC team?

McAdoo, Hairston, Bullock... No one else right now. Eventually Johnson, probably. Maybe James if you are really buying his upside. He's closer to a high school talent than college talent right now. That's about it.

Don't get me wrong, 3 NBA players is better than most teams in the country. But we all know how Roy succeeds at UNC (because he didn't always have great talent at Kansas, which gets overlooked)... Elite talent + system = Elite team.

He's going to coach one way: RUN and inside then out. If the players can't play that way, he's going to make them play that way. Just the way he is and you can't really blame a guy who wins almost 80 percent of his game. Although I'm not a huge fan on how hard-head he can be.

He's stubborn and he's extremely loyal. He will make some changes (do you not see him playing 1 in 4 out?, throws in some zone this year. ZONE), just small stuff that won't alter his offensive philosophy.

-Well these guys can run. Except they run like chickens without their heads.
-They can't play inside then out because there's nota back to the basket player on the team, other than a skinny freshman.

Then consider Kendall Marshall leaving after his sophomore year. No one predicted that and it was heavily aided by the Drew's transfer. No one predicted that either.

That put Roy in a situation where he needed to get a PG in 2012... Which so happened to be the worst class for PGs in how long? It's the exact same reason UK has struggled to some extent. They needed a PG in 2012, didn't see anyone good and relied on a transfer who hasn't panned out to this extent.

Roy's system won't work without a competent PG. Marcus Paige isn't one right now.

Next year we bring in a PG who has been plummeting down the rankings (top 15 to 70+), a PF who should help, and a true center which will really help. Nothing big, though, because you have to assume McAdoo goes.

2014 is where he needs to fix things. Give me Berry, Jackson, and one of Winslow, Pinson, Exum, or Russell. Maybe throw in Copeland if one of the bigs like Johnson emerge as an NBA player.

SourPatchKids
12-20-2012, 03:40 AM
Myck Kabongo gonna be hit with a suspension?

IGotACoolStory
12-20-2012, 03:50 AM
Kabongo is likely out of the year.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--sources--ncaa-to-suspend-texas-guard-myck-kabongo-for-season-035535906.html

They announced it during the game, which is so :facepalm

Anyway I will address. You say 4 star like that means something. This is UNC and these aren't football rankings. 4 stars are all over the damn place.

You want to see the difference between 4 stars and 5 stars at UNC with Roy under the helm?

5 Stars

JR Smith - Blew up in the mcd and went to the NBA out of hs, #18

Marvin Williams - #2 pick - lottery
Tyler Hansbrough - #13 pick - lottery
Tywon Lawson - #18 pick
Wayne Ellington - #28 pick
Brandan Wright - #8 pick - lottery
Ed Davis - #13 pick - lottery
Tyler Zeller - #17 pick
John Henson - #14 pick - lottery
Harrison Barnes - #7 pick - lottery
----
Reggie Bullock - 2, probably 3 year starter. Will be in the NBA.
James Michael McAdoo - 1, unlikely 2, year starter. Will be in the NBA. - Probably lottery
PJ Hairston - 6th man, likely a 1, maybe 2, year starter. Will be in the NBA.

4 Stars

Quentin Thomas - Back up PG
Danny Green - 6th man/1 year starter - NBA
Bobby Frasor - 1 year starter, career killed by injuries
Marcus Ginyard - 3 year-ish starter, career killed by injuries
Deon Thompson - 3 year starter.
Alex Stepheson - Transfer to USC
Will Graves - Dismissed from the team :pimp:
Larry Drew Jr - Transfer to UCLA
David Wear - Transfer to UCLA
Travis Wear - Transfer to UCLA
Kendall Marshall - #13 pick - lottery
---
Dexter Strickland - 3 year starter... Probably won't make it to the NBA
Leslie McDonald - 6/7th man... Probably won't make it to the NBA
Marcus Paige - 1+ year starter... Unsure as to how his future looks.
Brice Johnson - Likely 1-3 year starter. Probably will make it to the NBA.
JP Tokoto - Not sure on both accounts.
Joel James - Not sure on both accounts.

Other

Mike Copeland - 2 star backup
Justin Watts - 3 star backup
---
Desmond Hubert - 3 star ... Starter/backup
Stilman White - 2 star backup
Jackson Simmons - 2 star walk-on

Also had transfers like Justin Knox, Luke Davis, and Wes Miller. Or did Wes transfer before Roy's arrival? I don't think so.

The --- obviously separates the section of currently active players under 4 and 5 stars.

So yeah, it makes a difference at this program, for whatever reason.

Also, withstanding transfers, up until the last group of NBA kids (Marshall, Barnes, Henson), there's not a single player who stayed at UNC for at least 2 years who didn't leave with a national championship ring. Don't bring up college success either.

DwadeOverLebron
12-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Kabongo is likely out of the year.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--sources--ncaa-to-suspend-texas-guard-myck-kabongo-for-season-035535906.html

They announced it during the game, which is so :facepalm

Anyway I will address. You say 4 star like that means something. This is UNC and these aren't football rankings. 4 stars are all over the damn place.

You want to see the difference between 4 stars and 5 stars at UNC with Roy under the helm?

5 Stars

JR Smith - Blew up in the mcd and went to the NBA out of hs, #18

Marvin Williams - #2 pick - lottery
Tyler Hansbrough - #13 pick - lottery
Tywon Lawson - #18 pick
Wayne Ellington - #28 pick
Brandan Wright - #8 pick - lottery
Ed Davis - #13 pick - lottery
Tyler Zeller - #17 pick
John Henson - #14 pick - lottery
Harrison Barnes - #7 pick - lottery
----
Reggie Bullock - 2, probably 3 year starter. Will be in the NBA.
James Michael McAdoo - 1, unlikely 2, year starter. Will be in the NBA. - Probably lottery
PJ Hairston - 6th man, likely a 1, maybe 2, year starter. Will be in the NBA.

4 Stars

Quentin Thomas - Back up PG
Danny Green - 6th man/1 year starter - NBA
Bobby Frasor - 1 year starter, career killed by injuries
Marcus Ginyard - 3 year-ish starter, career killed by injuries
Deon Thompson - 3 year starter.
Alex Stepheson - Transfer to USC
Will Graves - Dismissed from the team :pimp:
Larry Drew Jr - Transfer to UCLA
David Wear - Transfer to UCLA
Travis Wear - Transfer to UCLA
Kendall Marshall - #13 pick - lottery
---
Dexter Strickland - 3 year starter... Probably won't make it to the NBA
Leslie McDonald - 6/7th man... Probably won't make it to the NBA
Marcus Paige - 1+ year starter... Unsure as to how his future looks.
Brice Johnson - Likely 1-3 year starter. Probably will make it to the NBA.
JP Tokoto - Not sure on both accounts.
Joel James - Not sure on both accounts.

Other

Mike Copeland - 2 star backup
Justin Watts - 3 star backup
---
Desmond Hubert - 3 star ... Starter/backup
Stilman White - 2 star backup
Jackson Simmons - 2 star walk-on

Also had transfers like Justin Knox, Luke Davis, and Wes Miller. Or did Wes transfer before Roy's arrival? I don't think so.

The --- obviously separates the section of currently active players under 4 and 5 stars.

So yeah, it makes a difference at this program, for whatever reason.

Also, withstanding transfers, up until the last group of NBA kids (Marshall, Barnes, Henson), there's not a single player who stayed at UNC for at least 2 years who didn't leave with a national championship ring. Don't bring up college success either.

Thanks for the stats.. wish I can find something like this for Current Nba players and see where they were in HS. I love when a player doesn't make that much noise in college and winds up being a mid to late 1st to 2nd round pick after being highly touted in HS and then blows up in the NBA (Zach Randolph, Gerald Wallace) or vice versa (dwade was a 3 star athlete out of HS) and then the failures (too many to name).

But out of the UNC bunch ty lawson seems to be the best and my personal fav out of the bunch is kendal marshall.. nice! Altho I might add I like mcadoos upside at the next level BIGTIME!

irondarts
12-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the stats.. wish I can find something like this for Current Nba players and see where they were in HS. I love when a player doesn't make that much noise in college and winds up being a mid to late 1st to 2nd round pick after being highly touted in HS and then blows up in the NBA (Zach Randolph, Gerald Wallace) or vice versa (dwade was a 3 star athlete out of HS) and then the failures (too many to name).

But out of the UNC bunch ty lawson seems to be the best and my personal fav out of the bunch is kendal marshall.. nice! Altho I might add I like mcadoos upside at the next level BIGTIME!
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/recruit-search

You can search any player dating back to 2002. It's definitely an interesting thing to look at.

qrich
12-22-2012, 06:13 AM
Coming back from a 21 point deficit on the road against a Pac-12 side to win by five. Landon Drew & Stephen Hicks combine for 38 points on 16-22 shooting with only 4 combined free throw attempts. Conference play @ Hawaii coming up.

Go 'Dors!

UtahJazzFan88
12-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Coming back from a 21 point deficit on the road against a Pac-12 side to win by five. Landon Drew & Stephen Hicks combine for 38 points on 16-22 shooting with only 4 combined free throw attempts. Conference play @ Hawaii coming up.

Go 'Dors!

Ugh, terrible choke by the Utes. CSUN looks like a decent team so it's not a completely awful loss, but still.

SourPatchKids
12-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Stephen Hicks can ball

Burgz V2
12-22-2012, 04:12 PM
great game between Temple and Syracuse, Boeheim looking mad salty at the end of the game, they ruined his 900th game :lol

MSU down at the half, we need to move the ball a lot better and get some better looks, but Texas is playing really well on defence so not too much to be mad about

SourPatchKids
12-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Some great matchups today. MSU should be able to put Texas away.

SourPatchKids
12-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Appling baby! :rockon:

Burgz V2
12-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Some great matchups today. MSU should be able to put Texas away.

Prince Ibeh (Texas big man) blocks, knocks down, then taunts Nix, and Nix gets a foul for complaining for a foul

MSU goes on a 11-0 run

this game is in the bag if we keep the intensity up

Dolphin
12-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Nix is raping Texas and Payne ain't doing too bad in the second half either. Great to see the big men playing well....although Texas really isn't that formidable down low.

I cringe when I see them miss as many good 3pt looks as they have today though. That could be a key reason they eventually lose in the tourny. They have good shooters this year too. Better than most years.

Burgz V2
12-22-2012, 04:48 PM
BOTTLED UP!

turnovers on 4 straight possession for Texas

its about to get real ugly in East Lansing

SourPatchKids
12-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Illinois vs Missouri

Kansas vs Ohio St

Arizona and Cincinatti also in action.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Burgz V2
12-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Nix is raping Texas and Payne ain't doing too bad in the second half either. Great to see the big men playing well....although Texas really isn't that formidable down low.

I cringe when I see them miss as many good 3pt looks as they have today though. That could be a key reason they eventually lose in the tourny. They have good shooters this year too. Better than most years.

if the shooters can stay on the floor and not be defensive liability then MSU could be a lot of trouble

switching every screen, Texas has no answer, Izzo doing a good job keeping the players work rate at 100% every play

really disappointed with Gary Harris though, he needs to step up on defence and not be such a ball stopper. get the ball inside and wait for a good look

Burgz V2
12-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Illinois vs Missouri

Kansas vs Ohio St

Arizona and Cincinatti also in action.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy

that game they had against Xavier a couple days ago was INTENSE! talk about a grudge match

Burgz V2
12-22-2012, 04:55 PM
why the fcuk is Valentine even playing, thats two straight and 1s he's allowed. if youre going to foul dont let them get the shot off

as expected the quick hook from Izzo, dont let this guy see the light of day again, he just killed our momentum

Jailblazers7
12-22-2012, 05:00 PM
that game they had against Xavier a couple days ago was INTENSE! talk about a grudge match

That is always a really awesome rivalry game. Lots of bad blood between those two schools.

Burgz V2
12-22-2012, 05:05 PM
That is always a really awesome rivalry game. Lots of bad blood between those two schools.

i love it. that fight last year was great, especially the press conference when the reporters expected an apology from the players but instead they kept talking trash lolll

Cincy looks good this season though. really competitive team.

IGotACoolStory
12-22-2012, 05:14 PM

RSCI is the best place for that. You won't get star rankings (although typically top 25 is a good guideline for 5 stars), but it gives a cumulative ranking back to 1998.

http://www.rscihoops.com/

Felt like that MSU was going to destroy them in the second half. Then Texas threw a punch back. They won't win, though.

I still don't know how that team beat UNC (regardless if they are overrated), hangs with MSU in their place, and still loses to a d2 school. :facepalm

Just the way Texas plays you would figure they would injury enough Chaminade players to get the win.

Burgz V2
12-22-2012, 05:21 PM
RSCI is the best place for that. You won't get star rankings (although typically top 25 is a good guideline for 5 stars), but it gives a cumulative ranking back to 1998.

http://www.rscihoops.com/

Felt like that MSU was going to destroy them in the second half. Then Texas threw a punch back. They won't win, though.

I still don't know how that team beat UNC (regardless if they are overrated), hangs with MSU in their place, and still loses to a d2 school. :facepalm

Just the way Texas plays you would figure they would injury enough Chaminade players to get the win.

they made some difficult shots tbh, and to their credit they were working hard all game long, fighting over screens, chasing loose balls

unfortunately MSU has built a legacy on that type of play and pulled it out. too bad they dont have Kabongo, they would be that much better defensively

Burgz V2
12-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Kansas v OSU omg todays schedule is amazing

Dolphin
12-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Nix loves those curl post moves. MSU spaces well to receive the outlet off of those, but I think they could be successful with Payne ducking towards the basket for a drop off (whether it's a high or low pass) for a dunk more often. The more Nix can play this well, the more open guys like Payne will be for the dump pass.

Jailblazers7
12-22-2012, 05:27 PM
i love it. that fight last year was great, especially the press conference when the reporters expected an apology from the players but instead they kept talking trash lolll

Cincy looks good this season though. really competitive team.

I'm excited to see how Pitt matches up with them on New Year's Eve.

Burgz V2
12-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Nix loves those curl post moves. MSU spaces well to receive the outlet off of those, but I think they could be successful with Payne ducking towards the basket for a drop off (whether it's a high or low pass) for a dunk more often. The more Nix can play this well, the more open guys like Payne will be for the dump pass.

yea im not sure if its by design Payne goes high when Nix ducks in, but i totally agree, if they can learn how to read and react together they will really help us in conference play. Big 10, gonna need avery advantage we can get

kNicKz
12-22-2012, 05:38 PM
msu aint got shit on ryan boatright

Burgz V2
12-22-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm excited to see how Pitt matches up with them on New Year's Eve.

wow i didnt know, ill circle that one. PITT is also a very physical team, should be a fun game

on another note, both Kansas and OSU are extremely athletic, I wish Matta and Self would open up the game a little more and let these guys get out and run

Burgz V2
12-22-2012, 07:02 PM
if Kansas can hold on I don't see why they can't be a top 5 ranking next week. This would be a HUGE win in hostile territory.

also that McLemore inbounds dunk was FREAKY athletic

kNicKz
12-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Why did ohio state go antoine walker in that second half?

:facepalm

UConnCeltics
12-22-2012, 07:59 PM
if Kansas can hold on I don't see why they can't be a top 5 ranking next week. This would be a HUGE win in hostile territory.

also that McLemore inbounds dunk was FREAKY athletic
Duke, Indiana, Kansas, LOuisville, Arizona are the best five IMO.

Burgz V2
12-23-2012, 03:16 AM
Duke, Indiana, Kansas, LOuisville, Arizona are the best five IMO.

not sold on Arizona but yea you pretty much hit the nail on the head

SourPatchKids
12-23-2012, 03:26 AM
My boy Gabe York dropping 6 points off 2 threes today. :applause:

InspiredLebowski
12-23-2012, 04:27 AM
So IU's already had 2 freshman miss time because of booster problems and now the word is another freshman (Jeremy Hollowell) isn't dressing because of family contact with an agent.

This'll continue to get swept under the rug, but 3 members of one class having NCAA problems is well, a problem. I know the Hollowell stuff well, a lot of AAU talk that he liked Purdue a lot but Painter basically backed off for no real reason.

Burgz V2
12-23-2012, 05:29 AM
So IU's already had 2 freshman miss time because of booster problems and now the word is another freshman (Jeremy Hollowell) isn't dressing because of family contact with an agent.

This'll continue to get swept under the rug, but 3 members of one class having NCAA problems is well, a problem. I know the Hollowell stuff well, a lot of AAU talk that he liked Purdue a lot but Painter basically backed off for no real reason.

Maybe Painter knew all along and thought he had no chance :confusedshrug:

Purdue has had some bad luck recently losing out on recruits. I mean Gary Harris seemed like a lock given his family's connection to the university and they still lost out.

If someone came out with a report saying the Big 10 was one of the worst conferences in terms of recruiting violations i would not be surprised there is just so much competition over some of these 4 and 5 star recruits, it makes it hard not to cheat

InspiredLebowski
12-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Maybe Painter knew all along and thought he had no chance :confusedshrug:

Purdue has had some bad luck recently losing out on recruits. I mean Gary Harris seemed like a lock given his family's connection to the university and they still lost out.

If someone came out with a report saying the Big 10 was one of the worst conferences in terms of recruiting violations i would not be surprised there is just so much competition over some of these 4 and 5 star recruits, it makes it hard not to cheatLosing out on Harris legitimately sucked, but there's been NOTHING about his recruitment being on anything but the complete up and up. I won't lie, I've fed into the Twitter recruiting wars, the "he said she said" type stuff, there's been absolutely nothing about Harris being remotely close to just shady, let alone what I'd consider dirty (but Branden Dawson...).

Gary Harris was never remotely close to a Purdue lean, let alone a "lock," like Dawson allegedly was. Reading between the lines Harris was a helluva lot closer to going to IU and kept Purdue on the list as a parental favor to keep Purdue looking solid with top tier guys. And Painter had a massive chance to bring in Hollowell if he wanted to take it.

I'm not about to put my name on the line or anything like that, but I...I don't know how to word it really, I know enough that there's not a single Big Ten basketball program that'd come out clean from an in depth NCAA investigation outside of Northwestern. But there are absolutely certain programs more willing to play the game than others. Take it for what you will.

Burgz V2
12-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Losing out on Harris legitimately sucked, but there's been NOTHING about his recruitment being on anything but the complete up and up. I won't lie, I've fed into the Twitter recruiting wars, the "he said she said" type stuff, there's been absolutely nothing about Harris being remotely close to just shady, let alone what I'd consider dirty (but Branden Dawson...).

Gary Harris was never remotely close to a Purdue lean, let alone a "lock," like Dawson allegedly was. Reading between the lines Harris was a helluva lot closer to going to IU and kept Purdue on the list as a parental favor to keep Purdue looking solid with top tier guys. And Painter had a massive chance to bring in Hollowell if he wanted to take it.

I'm not about to put my name on the line or anything like that, but I...I don't know how to word it really, I know enough that there's not a single Big Ten basketball program that'd come out clean from an in depth NCAA investigation outside of Northwestern. But there are absolutely certain programs more willing to play the game than others. Take it for what you will.

yea Dawson going to MSU was a bit of shock. Not the first guy from Gary to commit to MSU. Maybe he had one and done in mind and with Hummels a lock at SF he didn't see it being a possibility. Probably more to it than that though, if you know what I mean.

Purdue should be ok, Painter has to convince this year's freshman class to stick around though. If they do, they'll have a nice group with Scott and Stephens coming in next year. I guess the key is Hammons, not many programs have a C like that.

Dolphin
12-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Canada is going to qualify for the Olympics in bball soon....They always produced decent college players (Denham Brown, Kris Joseph, etc.), but there's been a spike of top-end prospects recently. Thompson going #4 in the draft. Bennett and Birch at UNLV. Wiggins being the top recruit for next season. And a lot more of the good college players that won't be anything but NBA role players at best like the first two guys I mentioned (add players such as Corey Joesph).

Sad to have to be excited to just qualify for the Olympics, but they could be chasing medals in a couple Olympics.

Jailblazers7
12-24-2012, 04:18 PM
nt
Canada is going to qualify for the Olympics in bball soon....They always produced decent college players (Denham Brown, Kris Joseph, etc.), but there's been a spike of top-end prospects recently. Thompson going #4 in the draft. Bennett and Birch at UNLV. Wiggins being the top recruit for next season. And a lot more of the good college players that won't be anything but NBA role players at best like the first two guys I mentioned (add players such as Corey Joesph).

Sad to have to be excited to just qualify for the Olympics, but they could be chasing medals in a couple Olympics.

Dont forget about Levon Kendall from Pitt lol

Dolphin
12-24-2012, 04:23 PM
nt

Dont forget about Levon Kendall from Pitt lol

Never would I ever. The guy should be chopping wood with Aaron Gray. lol

Can't forget about Stauskas at Michigan this year as well. One of the better freshmen in the country.

Burgz V2
12-24-2012, 04:29 PM

man i still remember hearing about him dropping 111 pts in a game. Played against him in a summer league this summer, he's lost it a little but still a RIDICULOUS shooter.

Don't forget Pangos. one of the best shooters in the NCAA. a little undersized to be a PG

Canada has always had good products but the problem is getting the younger guys to play with the national team BEFORE they peak. Team Canada (Steve Nash especially) has been focusing on youth development in the last few years and compared to when I was in HS there is a lot better training and commitment to international play every summer. I coached a development team in Ontario and every single player listed playing for Team Canada Jrs. as one of their goals. When I was in HS, every player just wanted to go play NCAA and go to the league, and leave Team Canada on the back burner because they were worried they'd get injured.

good to see Canadian players getting some recognition

SourPatchKids
12-24-2012, 04:39 PM
May I ask which summer league Burgz?

Dolphin
12-24-2012, 04:43 PM
man i still remember hearing about him dropping 111 pts in a game. Played against him in a summer league this summer, he's lost it a little but still a RIDICULOUS shooter.

Don't forget Pangos. one of the best shooters in the NCAA. a little undersized to be a PG

Canada has always had good products but the problem is getting the younger guys to play with the national team BEFORE they peak. Team Canada (Steve Nash especially) has been focusing on youth development in the last few years and compared to when I was in HS there is a lot better training and commitment to international play every summer. I coached a development team in Ontario and every single player listed playing for Team Canada Jrs. as one of their goals. When I was in HS, every player just wanted to go play NCAA and go to the league, and leave Team Canada on the back burner because they were worried they'd get injured.

good to see Canadian players getting some recognition

Ya, Gonzaga has a couple really good Canadians. They're obviously in the category of good/great college players that won't amount to much or anything in the NBA, but it's great to see so many of them now in the NCAA.

Kabongo from Texas is a borderline first round NBA prospect. Another full season would have helped him. He's not exactly Wiggins/Bennett, but he has a legit chance of having a career in the NBA if he can get time on the court.

I know I'm missing a lot of players.

SourPatchKids
12-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Congratulations to Dartmouth University for not being ranked one of the 40 worst college basketball teams in the most recent poll.

Burgz V2
12-25-2012, 05:34 AM
May I ask which summer league Burgz?

University of Toronto summer league

a lot of guys who play in europe, D Leaguers, HS prospects (Andrew Wiggins played in it a couple years back) its pretty good competition for those who are good amateur ball players or trying to stay in shape for the season

i remember a vid showed up of Amir Johnson clowning dudes at our other campus summer league, def wouldnt have happened at our campus lol

Burgz V2
12-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Ya, Gonzaga has a couple really good Canadians. They're obviously in the category of good/great college players that won't amount to much or anything in the NBA, but it's great to see so many of them now in the NCAA.

Kabongo from Texas is a borderline first round NBA prospect. Another full season would have helped him. He's not exactly Wiggins/Bennett, but he has a legit chance of having a career in the NBA if he can get time on the court.

I know I'm missing a lot of players.

yea Kelly Olynyk! I remember him when we were kids. His dad was a coach and they lived in Toronto for a while. Dude was like a 5 foot 8 yr old everyone knew he would be massive, but dude can play :rockon:

It sucks about Kabongo, the whole situation, he didin't even lie to the NCAA he lied to the university's compliance personnel, but when the NCAA interviewed him he told them everything. I mean, the dude chose to STAY at school and they punish him? I don't think thats a message the NCAA should be sending

youre right tho, because of that, probably a borderline first-rounder, shouldve been a lottery pick dude has amazing speed and vision. Hoping Texas does well in conference play without him until he's back so he can at least play in the tournament and bring his draft stock back from the dead

andremiller07
12-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Just seen a Stanford game and a guy who really caught my eye as a potential solid NBA prospect was Dwight Powell.

I have only seen him once but the guy impressed the hell out of me he moves and has a body like a slightly less athletic Blake Griffin (or as good obviously) and his stroke seems fairly nice. Hes 6'9/6'10 tries to dunk everything still abit raw around the bucket. Solid handle as well basically hes a poor mans Blake Griffin type, a couple things against him tho are hes a junior but still the guy should get a look in into a NBA squad imo.

Anyone else seen more of him?

Burgz V2
12-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Just seen a Stanford game and a guy who really caught my eye as a potential solid NBA prospect was Dwight Powell.

I have only seen him once but the guy impressed the hell out of me he moves and has a body like a slightly less athletic Blake Griffin (or as good obviously) and his stroke seems fairly nice. Hes 6'9/6'10 tries to dunk everything still abit raw around the bucket. Solid handle as well basically hes a poor mans Blake Griffin type, a couple things against him tho are hes a junior but still the guy should get a look in into a NBA squad imo.

Anyone else seen more of him?

Toronto!! :rockon:

he's a good prospect. I know for a fact he has a very good skill set, I thikn confidence in his offensive game is what has held him back from opening up a bit more. Stanford staff has a done a good job bringing him along slowly, he's consistently shown more and more of what he can do, I personally think that's a great way to coach raw big men.

IGotACoolStory
12-27-2012, 01:39 AM
Yep, there's a basketball renaissance over the border right now.

Tristan Thompson, Cory Joseph, Kyle Wiltjer, Khem Birch, Kevin Zabo, Tyler Ennis as well. Don't they also have one of the top young PGs in like '15 or '16? Saw a mix of his not that long ago.

Lots of talent.

SourPatchKids
12-27-2012, 02:59 AM
Wiltjer is canadian? You learn something new every day.

Burgz V2
12-27-2012, 04:04 AM
Yep, there's a basketball renaissance over the border right now.

Tristan Thompson, Cory Joseph, Kyle Wiltjer, Khem Birch, Kevin Zabo, Tyler Ennis as well. Don't they also have one of the top young PGs in like '15 or '16? Saw a mix of his not that long ago.

Lots of talent.

Not sure who the player is in '15/'16, maybe Jamar Ergas? He's a SERIOUS high flyer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dZTDwWY6gBE

the one guy who might be the most influential Canadian basketball player when all is said is done is Xavier Rathan-Mayes. If he convinces Wiggins to choose FSU instead of KU, Seminole fans are gonna make a bronze statue of him :oldlol: Going by your avatar im pretty sure you already know that

IGotACoolStory
12-27-2012, 05:05 AM
I don't really think Wiggins is truly considering KU. But I do think he ends up at FSU, so it doesn't really matter. Things are fluid, tho, and it can change when/if he visits the other schools.

This is the guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6qjQWgR0Y

Not sure if he's all that or not. Looks alright in the video. Doubt he stays a PG if he's a 6-7 freshman already. Unless he completely stops growing.

Burgz V2
12-27-2012, 06:12 AM
I don't really think Wiggins is truly considering KU. But I do think he ends up at FSU, so it doesn't really matter. Things are fluid, tho, and it can change when/if he visits the other schools.

This is the guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6qjQWgR0Y

Not sure if he's all that or not. Looks alright in the video. Doubt he stays a PG if he's a 6-7 freshman already. Unless he completely stops growing.

yea i posted on this board that he'll probably end up at FSU and people ridiculed me saying UK was a lock. Not so farfetched now :banana:
Him and Rathan-Mayes have played ball together for years, Rathan-Mayes parents went to FSU, so did Wiggins'. Unless Rathan-Mayes opens up his recruitment again (unlikely) im sticking with the FSU prediction, they'll do WORK together in the ACC

yea i've actually seen Jackson play at a tourney I was coaching at and the kid is definitely super talented. Takes plays off but that is understandable from a 14/15 yr old. Might still be growing, which is the crazy thing. Needs to work on his athleticism but I hear he's still getting used to his body

SourPatchKids
12-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Snapshot of a few very excited members of a Temple squad after their upset over 'Cuse.

http://media.philly.com/images/567*395/20121224_dn_0mfiat6g.jpg

Dolphin
12-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Only caught the last two possessions of the NM/Cincy game. Anyone watch it?

andremiller07
12-28-2012, 04:03 AM
Brandon Trise looks like Delonte West 2.0 (without the mental issues) does everything well stuck in between a PG/SG good defender

Burgz V2
12-28-2012, 05:20 AM
Snapshot of a few very excited members of a Temple squad after their upset over 'Cuse.

http://media.philly.com/images/567*395/20121224_dn_0mfiat6g.jpg

Amazing game, Wyatt played the last 5 mins with 4 fouls too, dude is a great competitor, went at Michael Carter-Williams all night and terrorized him on defence.

Dolphin
12-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Seth Davis' weekend picks reminded me about the Jan 19th game between Gonzaga/Butler. That is gonna be sick....hopefully the Zags can beat teams like Baylor and OK St leading up to it so the hype doesn't damper.

chips93
12-28-2012, 11:10 PM
anybody got a stream for the ucla-missouri game?

Dolphin
12-28-2012, 11:15 PM
anybody got a stream for the ucla-missouri game?

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/160678/1/watch-baylor-vs-13-gonzaga.html

Gonzaga's Canadians dominant tonight against Baylor. Pangos with 31 and Olynyk with 21. Heslip?....Not so much. lol

The Nets
12-28-2012, 11:19 PM
How good has Shabazz been lately? His UCLA is unranked and I havent heard much new of him.

Dolphin
12-28-2012, 11:27 PM
How good has Shabazz been lately? His UCLA is unranked and I havent heard much new of him.

Pretty good. He definitely is a dominant force out there. Knows he's the best on the court and now that he's more comfortable out there, the stats are coming along too. Not good for opponent when a player has super athleticism/finishing and a pure shot.

UCLA up 21-11 right now.

Dolphin
12-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Pressey with 7 assists in the first 10 min. lol

irondarts
12-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Bill Walton is awesome lol I wish he called more games

Dolphin
12-29-2012, 12:04 AM

"Let's go to overtime...oh wait, it's only the end of the half." lol

SourPatchKids
12-29-2012, 12:51 AM
100 game Saturday! Which ones are you guys keeping tabs on?

For me:

UNLV-UNC

Kentucky-Louisville

Florida- Air Force

Washington-Uconn battle of the huskies

Harvard- Cal

CSUN- Hawaii

ace23
12-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Dude is a ****ing ******. Did you hear him gushing over Earnest Ross's body? :oldlol:

Terrible shot by Pressey there, by the way. He's been forcing a lot of shit trying to rack up assists.

bergs14
12-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Pressey done like a 360 lol

bergs14
12-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Blown open layup... wow

Dolphin
12-29-2012, 01:22 AM
Game of the year so far. Interesting to see if UCLA can play this well as a team going forward. Shabazz scored 27 I think, but he could have had a lot more. Wasn't really assertive towards the end of regulation. With the talent they have, they should be sharing the ball, but when he's on, he should have the green light go on in his head. Fine line between quality and quantity though.

Pressey had a great game overall, but was kinda stagnant towards the end. Also, Imagine of Bowers was healthy last season? lol

Both teams did a great job spreading the floor as well. With a passer like Pressey, the offense is deadly. With the good outside shooting of UCLA and if the Ware twins play as they did regularly, the paint can be really open for them.

IGotACoolStory
12-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Bill Walton is freaking hilarious, even if it's probably unintentional.

He was fun calling NBA games too.

Burgz V2
12-29-2012, 05:05 AM
100 game Saturday! Which ones are you guys keeping tabs on?

For me:

UNLV-UNC

Kentucky-Louisville

Florida- Air Force

Washington-Uconn battle of the huskies

Harvard- Cal

CSUN- Hawaii

:bowdown:

Noof
12-29-2012, 05:48 AM
That UCLA Missouri game was great. Glad the Bruins came out on top.

SourPatchKids
12-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Top ranked Duke struggling to put away Santa Clara.

Burgz V2
12-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Issac Austin hitting NBA 3's and making scouts drool against Gonzaga

Kevin Pangos came to play though, Canada's out hereee!!!

KG215
12-29-2012, 05:12 PM
No Reggie Bullock (who's been our best or at least most consistent player this year) and UNC beats a top 20 team. Granted, talent wise we have as much or more than they do and it was at home, but still. UNC has been terrible against the other three quality teams they've played this year, so I didn't have high hopes for this game today after I heard Bullock wasn't going to play.

Defense has been terrible the last two games, too, and we defended much better. Probably had our best defensive half of the season in the first half.

IGotACoolStory
12-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Second half defense wasn't very good. We got lucky that UNLV couldn't make free throws (like us!).

PJ Hairston is a ****ing boss. I love that kid.

KG215
12-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Second half defense wan't good for a stretch in the first 10 minutes...it was awful if I'm being honest. But the final 8-10 minutes of the game it was pretty damn good.

Oh, and f*** you Karl Hess.

Kiddlovesnets
12-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Kentucky Wildcats look like a bubble team this year, if not NIT-bound.

irondarts
12-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Russ Smith is one of the most exciting players I've ever seen

Boy is he fun to watch.

IGotACoolStory
12-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Cauley-Stein is might be the best NBA player on UK. He has some freakish tools.

irondarts
12-29-2012, 07:15 PM
I agree. if he enters the draft this year I think he'll be a lottery pick but if he stays in school one more year he could be a top 5 pick.

Damn Kentucky is showing serious heart in this game

irondarts
12-29-2012, 07:16 PM
WOW Kentucky really fvcked that up

Dw1ll
12-30-2012, 07:45 AM
russ smith is legit. lightning quick and fearless.

i think he can play his way into the first round and be a nice sparkplug off the bench a lot of teams would like to have.

andremiller07
12-30-2012, 01:14 PM

Yeap I hope he stays more than one year tho imo if he comes to the NBA he will be stuck on the bench for a couple years while they work on his overall game. Better for him to actually play but yeah I liked him the first time I saw him play this year.

Also what do people think of CJ Leslie being a SF in the NBA?(I think hes to skinny to be a PF) His mid range jumper is nice and hes a pretty sick athlete moving up/down and side to side. He can post up but does not really have the best handle but imo I could see him being a bigger Ronnie Brewer and make finishes of cuts, offensive boards and moving without the ball as a back up in the NBA.

IGotACoolStory
12-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Cal cheated.
Refs are blind, incompetent, morons.
UK still loses.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/12/30/john-calipari-pulled-a-switch-a-roo-to-get-a-better-shooter-at-the-foul-line-and-the-refs-missed-it-video/

kNicKz
12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Calipari showing yet again how much of a scumbag he is :roll: I can't wait for Kentucky's wins to be vacated like every other college he has coached at

ukfan22
12-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Calipari showing yet again how much of a scumbag he is :roll: I can't wait for Kentucky's wins to be vacated like every other college he has coached at

says a fan of the team currently ineligible for post-season play

kNicKz
12-31-2012, 01:19 AM
says a fan of the team currently ineligible for post-season play

Says a fan of a team who isn't even going to be in the NCAA tournament :roll:

ukfan22
12-31-2012, 01:51 AM
Says a fan of a team who isn't even going to be in the NCAA tournament :roll:

I'll be quoting this again on Selection Sunday

what will you be doing that day?

kNicKz
12-31-2012, 03:04 AM
I'll be quoting this again on Selection Sunday

what will you be doing that day?

I will most likely be laughing at you when you do for sucking SEC ****
:cheers:

ukfan22
12-31-2012, 03:27 AM
I will most likely be laughing at you when you do for sucking SEC ****
:cheers:

we are the SEC

SourPatchKids
12-31-2012, 04:43 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/853/661/hi-res-6851664_display_image.jpg?1356834298

Belmont one of the best mid-majors in my opinion.

Jailblazers7
12-31-2012, 01:43 PM
So pissed I'm at work instead of watching Pitt/Cincy right now.

Jailblazers7
12-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Nvm, I'd prob be pretty pissed off if I were watching Pitt blow this game.

KG215
12-31-2012, 05:10 PM
If there's one fanbase that can't point fingers and laugh at Calipari, it's UConn.

irondarts
12-31-2012, 05:56 PM
From comments:

[quote]The folks at UK have explained what happened on the free throw dance in the first half versus Louisville. The foul was called on Russ Smith of Louisville, but the UK bench assumed the referee called the foul on the Poythress drive. They said Alex should be the shooter, assuming the foul had been called on Montrezl Harrell, not Russ Smith. The official came over to the official scorer, called the foul on Smith and said that #22 (Poythress) was the shooter. Of course, that would be impossible if the foul was actually on Smith. Since the referee did seem to blow the whistle and call the foul on Smith, it looks like it is a case of the referee himself getting confused as to who got fouled and the referee incorrectly assigning Poythress the shots instead of Noel.
What a shock, referees screwed up. It wasn

kNicKz
01-01-2013, 07:14 PM
If there's one fanbase that can't point fingers and laugh at Calipari, it's UConn.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2011/writers/andy_glockner/04/07/best.postseason.runs.ever/uconn-championship.jpg

ranked 9th in the Big East, still got people mad as **** :roll: :roll:

bergs14
01-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Wow. What a shot :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

IGotACoolStory
01-01-2013, 11:35 PM
UConn fans: why does DeAndre Daniels shoot so many 3s when he.. you know, can't shoot them?

kNicKz
01-02-2013, 01:35 AM
My boy wolf goin in but that dunk :facepalm

(watching the game on DVR right now)

**** these calls. Marquette is beating the shit out of us in the paint with no calls and 2 clean ass blocks have been called fouls so far for us

kNicKz
01-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Giffey hacked under the basket with no call :facepalm Typical NCAA bullshit. Just like they giftwrapped that NC State win because it was the Jimmy V Classic

kNicKz
01-02-2013, 01:46 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/2551153342_145170bc42_o.jpg

Shabazz Napier

SourPatchKids
01-02-2013, 01:58 AM
:confusedshrug:

kNicKz
01-02-2013, 02:05 AM
double hack on shabazz, no call :roll:

16 game winning streak at home, not surprising

time for OT

kNicKz
01-02-2013, 02:13 AM
Not A Goaltend? Is This Real Life???

kNicKz
01-02-2013, 02:16 AM
I've accepted that the referees simply will not let uconn win by any means. I am done watching this shit

InspiredLebowski
01-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Illinois is overrated as shit. That's not a top 25 team. Shut down Paul and they're done. Can't defend, can't board, can't score inside 20 feet.

IGotACoolStory
01-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Anyone see the end to the Colorado-Arizona game just now?

Bananas.

Nevermind, they waived it off. Complete bullshit call from the refs. Unbelievable fix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7cvZ8an7NM&feature=player_embedded

And now they are getting screwed over in OT. This is insane.

Grinder
01-03-2013, 11:18 PM

Bananas.

Nevermind, they waived it off. Complete bullshit call from the refs. Unbelievable fix.
Colorado was robbed. I want Zona to win but that shot was clearly out of his hands with 0.1 seconds left.

IGotACoolStory
01-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Colorado ****ed themselves on the line, but they still won the game in regulation.

Jobbed all the way around. Watch them miss the NCAA Tournament where this win would have put them in.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2gsegld.jpg http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/8343745495_d889da6b71_o.gif

Video with the replays:
http://deadspin.com/5973038/colorado-hits-buzzer+beater-to-upset-third+ranked-arizona-referees-wave-it-off-for-no-reason?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

SourPatchKids
01-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Colarado should have won but the heart of Arizona so far this season is admirable. Just to come back and tie that game was phenomenal.

ILLsmak
01-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Illinois is overrated as shit. That's not a top 25 team. Shut down Paul and they're done. Can't defend, can't board, can't score inside 20 feet.

FUKU U, U FUKIN BITCH.

Nah, but that's just not true. At least I know we won't spiral out like we did the last few years. I have faith in these guys. Let's talk after the season. :cheers:

Had to throw in an emote for that one.

Edit: BTW, I don't think we're top 10 but we're definitely top 25.

-Smak

Burgz V2
01-04-2013, 09:47 AM

Bananas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7cvZ8an7NM&feature=player_embedded

And now they are getting screwed over in OT. This is insane.

yup. it's a shame. great fight by Arizona but Colorado should have won.

Talent-wise, I agree 100 percent. Once conference play starts they will be exposed. Can't wait until my spartans play them, they just don't have the depth in the frontcourt to be taken seriously as a top 25 team. Groce has done a good job of getting them to play hard so far this season, but there is only so much a coach can do.

sunsfan1357
01-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Colorado's coach is so distraught over his teams loss that he...wants to end instant replay

It's fair to say Colorado coach Tad Boyle was frustrated by the officials' decision to use an inconclusive replay of a potential game-winning 3-pointer to reverse an on-court call at the end of Thursday's game against Arizona.

How frustrated?

Enough that he wants college basketball to take a dramatic step: Don't go to the monitor to decide a game on such a close call.

"Get rid of instant replay," Boyle told ESPN.com by phone from Tucson. "In basketball, football, human error is part of our game. If human error is part of the game, let the officials call the game. Players, coaches and officials will make mistakes. It's part of the game.

"We spend all this money on replays and we still can't get it right. Get rid of it."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8811934/tad-boyle-colorado-buffaloes-basketball-coach-wants-end-instant-replay-controversial-overturned-call

IGotACoolStory
01-04-2013, 08:40 PM
That would be moronic.

A simple way of putting it: Does instant replay do more good than bad?

I fail to see how it does more bad, even after such an erroneous error like last night. In fact, instant replay needs to be uses fully in all sports. I'm talking to you, MLB.

What they need to do is not show the arena the replay of the call before the call is officially made.

Burgz V2
01-05-2013, 06:16 AM
Colorado's coach is so distraught over his teams loss that he...wants to end instant replay

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8811934/tad-boyle-colorado-buffaloes-basketball-coach-wants-end-instant-replay-controversial-overturned-call

he's butthurt that's all.

you had a chance to win in overtime. i guess the replay lost the OT for you as well?

i know that was a questionable call, but there are many things that were within their control. They gave up a double-digit lead in the last 3 minutes, and then when OT started they got blown away and didn't even put up a fight.

they may have gotten it wrong, but instant replay has gotten it right 99% of the time, there is no need to be such a sore loser

Kiddlovesnets
01-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Duke still as dominant as ever, Arizona always manages to win the game somehow, UK looks like an NIT team to me.

Jailblazers7
01-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Pitt sucks. :facepalm

wang4three
01-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Up 12 against tOSU at home...

I really like Aaron Craft. Guy is solid as hell. He reminds me of Kirk Hinrich. Great defense, solid playmaking and offensive skills. He could play in the league in my opinion.

IlliniFan
01-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Bit harsh for one game. Settle down.

ILLsmak
01-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Man OSU is so overrated....

lol.

-Smak

IGotACoolStory
01-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Down goes Cinci and overrated State struggling with a terrible BC team.

NC State gets lucky. 93% free throw shooter chokes at the line.

beer
01-06-2013, 02:09 AM
that usc education

http://i.imgur.com/e4Fr2.jpg

go trogans!

irondarts
01-06-2013, 04:10 AM
Dakari Johnson has committed to Kentucky.

ukfan22
01-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Dakari Johnson has committed to Kentucky.

I'm happy, but a bit confused. I was assuming WCS would be back, and he's better than Dakari.

I guess we'll see how it works out

Kiddlovesnets
01-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Anyway its much more difficult to improve an NIT team into national champ than a final four team to national champ. Will be a huge challenge for Coach Cal to make a turnaround next year.

KG215
01-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Anyway its much more difficult to improve an NIT team into national champ than a final four team to national champ. Will be a huge challenge for Coach Cal to make a turnaround next year.
Have yous een the recruiting class Cal has coming in next season? This was probably his weakest recruiting class in a long time and he didn't have holdovers who were big contributors last year. Say someone like Cauley-Stein, Harrow, and Wiltjer are all here next year to go with the stud recruiting class they have coming in...they'll be a legit Final Four threat.

And you keep calling them an NIT team this year despite having no clue how the rest of their season will play out and how much better they'll get.

IGotACoolStory
01-06-2013, 03:42 PM
And the way the Kentucky program is run...

They essentially have a new team EVERY season. Even if they did end up in the NIT, chances are it won't be an NIT to F4 team. His job will be to take a group of freshman to a F4 team... So the same thing as usual. And with the class Kentucky is bringing in, it was going to be freshman to F4 anyway, regardless of who stays.

Burgz V2
01-06-2013, 04:59 PM

his recruiting class next year is already one of the best in the past 5 years/ If he gets Randle, it'll be even scarier. If he gets Wiggins too, its a Final Four lock.

not sure if you knew this. if you did, then :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

kNicKz
01-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Kentucky has a lot of talent but a lot of teams that go deep in the tournament have experienced juniors/seniors that understand the march madness level of play. You can't blame a 17 year old kid for not automatically destroying at the college level. If Nerlens stays, gets experienced and those recruits come in Kentucky will be an issue in the future.

On that note, **** kentucky for eternity

KG215
01-06-2013, 09:00 PM
It was a bit depressing to see Roy Williams go over an inbounds play with Jimmy Dykes for a couple of reasons: just how ridiculously talented that team was until the annual UNC injury bug reared it's ugly head, and because it makes me realize even more how much worse and less talented this current team is.

IGotACoolStory
01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
I HATE playing UVA. Their style is what is wrong with college basketball. Completely abuse the long shot clock and short 3pt line. It's ****ing annoying.

Speaking of which... Minnesota and Northwestern had a 17-14 halftime score :facepalm

And... 25-24 halftime lead for UNC. This is why I don't want to move the Big Ten. This style of play is unwatchable. KILL ME NOW.

kNicKz
01-06-2013, 09:54 PM
really making sure that I catch all of the big east matchups this year. I never realized how great this conference truely is for basketball now that everyone is leaving next season. I always took the Big East tournament for granted

KG215
01-06-2013, 10:42 PM
McAdoo's lack of progression has been a major disappointment this year. Him not getting any better is the reason UNC is NIT bound...maybe.

KG215
01-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Yeah...UNC sucks. Dexter Strickland has to be the worst three year stater in UNC history. What f*** scrub and he was a 5* player coming out of high school.

noob cake
01-06-2013, 11:30 PM
MacAdoo should have left last year. He played 5 minutes a game and was being projected anywhere from 3-8.

Right now, he has already fallen out of the lottery. Gonna lose himself a lot of money and guaranteed playing time/patience.

HB40TheNextStar
01-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Like Kyle Singler?

He wasn't projected 3-8. It was more 9-16, according to what his parents said after he made the decision to comeback. If he were projected 3-8, I guarantee he would have left for the draft. I bet he still ends up drafted in the top 16. :confusedshrug:

And he wouldn't have been anywhere near ready for the NBA, not that he is right now. What's the saying? It's about the second contract, not the first. You don't want to be out of the league after your rookie deal. Don't be shortsighted.

Someone like Kendall Marshall made the right decision to leave when he did. Does anyone honestly think he would have fixed his major weaknesses in college to greatly improve his draft stock? Even if he managed to do so, at best he was a late lottery; which is the position Phoenix picked him up at, anyway... He wasn't going develop Lawson footspeed's or Lynch's defensive ability next year, the year after, or 50 year from now.

McAdoo, on the other hand, is far from a finished product. He wants to put the ball on the floor and attack, but he can't dribble very well. He wants to shoot, but his jumper is slightly above average AT BEST. Usually it looks worse. He has an idea of his game, it's a plausible way to develop considering his skill set, but that very skill set is not developed enough at this moment to bring out in a college setting.

Also Dex wasn't a 5 star, fwiw. He was when he was projected to be a PG in his class. He didn't end up one, dealt with an injury his senior year, and dropped to a high 4.

Kiddlovesnets
01-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Yeah...UNC sucks. Dexter Strickland has to be the worst three year stater in UNC history. What f*** scrub and he was a 5* player coming out of high school.

Well they will make NCAA tournament at least, unlike UK which is going to NIT this year. Its difficult to rebuild a team with this many players left though, especially Kendal Marshall whos almost irreplaceable.

HB40TheNextStar
01-07-2013, 04:04 AM
I deleted my long post. I'll save it for another board.

Just have to say that there are problems with this team. Coaching, talent to philosophy, expectations overblown, whatever... There's problems that are not easily fixable, atlhough can be before this season ends.

Kiddlovesnets
01-08-2013, 08:47 PM
lol Duke up by 15 while shooting 29% from the field. Their opponent Clemson is like 12%.
:roll:

kNicKz
01-08-2013, 10:54 PM
DeWhooooooooo

Kiddlovesnets
01-08-2013, 11:33 PM
lol Ohio State player misses a wide open dunk, and Purdue scored an own-goal.
:roll: :roll:

Burgz V2
01-09-2013, 09:59 AM
PITT v Georgetown is a great reason you shouldn't hype teams up until conference play. PITT zipped the Hoyas up, Steven Adams looking like a top 3 pick in 2014

Jailblazers7
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Pitt loses to Rutgers and then absolutely slaughter G-Town? At least it could be one decent looking win on our resume as long as G-Town doesn't have an awful Big East season.

Kiddlovesnets
01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Pitt @ Georgetown, exhibition of two below-average coaches.
:pimp:

Jailblazers7
01-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Not a big fan of Jamie Dixon. :confusedshrug:

Unsuccessful troll attempt.

Burgz V2
01-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Pitt loses to Rutgers and then absolutely slaughter G-Town? At least it could be one decent looking win on our resume as long as G-Town doesn't have an awful Big East season.

yup. PITT crushed them inside and Tray Woodall was a one man press break. PITT was really well prepared for this game and G-Town never really couldn't stretch the floor without their usual inside scoring.

Adams really impressed me. Might be one of the quickest 7 footers I've ever seen. Doesn't make many mistakes, really mature game for a freshman no wonder he got so much hype coming into the season.

Jailblazers7
01-09-2013, 05:52 PM
yup. PITT crushed them inside and Tray Woodall was a one man press break. PITT was really well prepared for this game and G-Town never really couldn't stretch the floor without their usual inside scoring.

Adams really impressed me. Might be one of the quickest 7 footers I've ever seen. Doesn't make many mistakes, really mature game for a freshman no wonder he got so much hype coming into the season.

I've seen him live a couple of time and he is VERY raw. At times he will look lost on the court and he can be timid. Definitely a ton of potential but a lot of ups and downs are to be expected.

Burgz V2
01-09-2013, 06:56 PM
I've seen him live a couple of time and he is VERY raw. At times he will look lost on the court and he can be timid. Definitely a ton of potential but a lot of ups and downs are to be expected.

On offense, yes. He's only had a couple of years experience playing organized ball. Considering that or not, he is a monster on defence. Come the end of the season I think he will be light years ahead of where he is today.

Dolphin
01-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Love conference play for the nights like this where there's multiple good games on the tv (Minny/Illinois and NM/UNLV). Now I just gotta remember to record them before I go to the movies. lol

Still think UNLV is the best mid-major shot at making the final four this side of Gonzaga, but they aren't very consistent right now. Losing another game at home, albeit to a good team, won't look good and might make me think their recent losses are more than blips on the radar. I'm really interested in seeing how the eventual return of Moser helps their team. Their starting lineup is pretty stacked as far as mid-majors go when fully healthy. This is more about mental toughness and offensive/defensive smarts. Not sure if they have that part down. Whereas I think Gonzaga has the smarts and talent, but maybe they lack the defensive toughness that they always seem to lack.

On that note, come tourny time I feel like UNLV has a better chance of being upset early (assuming they play into a high'ish seed), but also can hang with the best and most efficient scoring teams due to matchups...whereas I don't think Gonzaga has as good of a chance of being upset, but once they finally meet one of those top teams, they will be outscored like we've seen before.

Rooting for the Illini tonight btw....no offense, but I think Minny is the better team so hopefully they add an L to their conference mark tonight. If Minny wins tonight I think they will have had a good night shooting three's. If Illinois wins, I think they will have a good night at the FT line....just random predictions. lol

IGotACoolStory
01-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Wow, McClemore just went off the glass for 3 with 1 second left. OT in Lawrence?

That kid is going to be a terrific pro. Not based off that shot, just random.

KG215
01-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Yeah, Kansas was a last second banked in three from losing at home to Iowa State. Now they score the first 11 points in OT and are cruising to an easy win.

Dolphin
01-10-2013, 04:34 PM
MSU needs to win road games against all of the teams outside of four. They can't really afford to have more than one home loss if any. 4-5 conference losses may win or tie for the regular season title. 6 isn't gonna do it. I don't think MSU has the ability to NOT lose enough road games against the top teams to win the title, but if they want to have a chance, they need to win games like tonight @ Iowa. A good team who might sneak into the tournament, but you gotta pile up your conference losses @ Indiana, @ Michigan, @ maybe Wisconsin and of course they've already lost @ Minny. Luckily they don't play @ Illinois this season. If they win tonight, the only kinda tough road game they play is @ Purdue outside of the really good teams. Those two are really big.

kNicKz
01-10-2013, 05:33 PM

Georgetown is gonna get smashed on in CT believvveeee dat

kNicKz
01-10-2013, 05:38 PM
http://media.kitsapsun.com/media/img/photos/2012/12/04/media_bcc7b9f79f0f4fc59032f816de316b76_t607.jpg

Legend :bowdown:

Dolphin
01-10-2013, 08:37 PM
26-22 Iowa right now...and I'm almost done watching cause this damn feed is horrible......:facepalm

KG215
01-10-2013, 09:48 PM
At home against Miami without Reggie Johnson, and what does UNC do? Get outscored 36-28 in the second half and lose. Just another game where UNC's piss poor 3P defense kept a team in the game and ultimately let them pull-away. First time Miami has beat UNC since 2006.

This season may be worse than 2010 and I thought no way in hell that was possible a few weeks ago. I'm not even sure UNC is an NIT team right now.

And f**k it...coach K is 100 times the coach Roy Williams is. Roy's recruiting has gone to pot and he's proving he's a below average coach without elite talent. Of course, this team and Roy would probably look a lot better right now if Kendall Marshall hadn't unexpectedly gone pro.

KG215
01-10-2013, 09:51 PM
26-22 Iowa right now...and I'm almost done watching cause this damn feed is horrible......:facepalm
I'd trade places with Michigan State (team and coach) in a heartbeat right now. UNC is NIT bound for the second time in four years.

Dolphin
01-10-2013, 10:10 PM
I'd trade places with Michigan State (team and coach) in a heartbeat right now. UNC is NIT bound for the second time in four years.

I had somewhat of a similar thought a few minutes ago. For all that I have found to be frustrated with this year, MSU is still 13-3 on the season. I really can't complain when seasons that have been a struggle still result in good records and surefire tournament appearances. lol

Big road win tonight. Should come out of the weekend with a 14-3 (3-1) mark on the season (home against Nebraska on Sunday). I really wish this team could help themselves and make three pointers though....they will lose in the NCAA tournament more because of this than turnovers or anything else. You can't make a comeback or put a team away when you miss good three point attempts over and over.

IGotACoolStory
01-10-2013, 10:12 PM
NIT bound? I'm not sure this team will meet the requirements for that.

I think there is some talent on this team. The problem is that the talent doesn't fit what this particular team needs.

Preferably this team would have a star.

Three best contenders:
McAdoo - Severely lacking polish and skill.
Bullock - Really, really, solid player. I think he will be a good pro. But he's nothing more than a very good role player. 3rd option on a good team.
PJ - Too inconsistent all the way around.

Preferably this team would have a a low post scorer; a necessity for any Roy Williams teams.

Two best contenders (because there's not even three players good enough):
McAdoo - Wants to face up and, again, lacks the polish.
Johnson - Horrible defensively. Lack strength causes some problems on offense as well. Although his defensive problems go well beyond his lack of strength.

Preferably this team would have a steady, if not spectacular, point guard. Another necessity for any Roy Williams team.

Two best contenders:
Paige - I actually think he's improving. He's just not where the team needs him to be. Too much for him to shoulder as a true freshman. Kendall really ****ed us here.
Strickland - Not a point guard. He's a better point guard than shooting guard... That doesn't say much.

And lastly, preferably this team would have a steady presence or two because of how much youth there is.

There is Bullock and only Bullock bringing this. He did disappear in the second half, but that is because Larranaga schemed such at halftime. Bullock adjusted and made terrific passes to his open teammates who then missed open shots. Because he's the only consistent player on the team...

Next year's recruiting class won't fix these problems. Maybe 2014 will, but by then I'd hope the two years of experience would develop into something. Although who knows? That 2009 class is really kicking this program in the balls right now. You have Henson, two transfers, a 7th man who disappears against good competition, and a glorified role player. Followed that up with two two and done players plus Bullock and you have two recruiting classes with two legit starters by the time they are juniors and seniors.

Kiddlovesnets
01-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Kentucky sure looks like an NIT team they are supposed to be, Vandy aint even gonna make NIT this year.
:facepalm

IGotACoolStory
01-10-2013, 10:25 PM
There's a dook-UNC balancing theory that is purely in the minds of the fans, yet has held true. Basically one program never gets too far ahead of the other.

They own the early 90s with back-to-back championships, then UNC gets theirs with the legitimate chance of repeating in 1994 if not for chemistry issues. I mean what was it, 4 of 5 starters back from a championship team while bringing in, unequivocally, the best recruiting class in the nation?

They gets theirs in the early turn of the century while UNC is at literally, the lowest the program has ever been. Then Ray and company answer back, UNC is back on top of college basketball while dook is reeling off first weekend exits in the NCAA Tournament.

UNC clearly back on top of college basketball for the past few years while K looks like he should retire and then he wins a championship while UNC is back in the NIT.

Then UNC becomes a title contender again while K's squad is losing in the first round.

Now UNC is maybe NIT good. And by maybe, I mean NIT as the best case. dook is back at #1.

I'm just waiting for things to tip back on our side of the scale. :oldlol:

noob cake
01-10-2013, 10:26 PM
JMM is trying so hard to drop out of the lottery. Should have left last year as 3-6 projected pick.

Kiddlovesnets
01-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Well UNC's failure in 09-10 and this season was unavoidable when Ed Davis and Mcdoo was/is their best player on the team.

sunsfan1357
01-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Arizona finds themselves down double digits at the half again. Eventually they have to lose one of these games, right? Though I guess the Colorado game should've technically been the one they lost.

Kiddlovesnets
01-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Arizona looks overrated.

Dolphin
01-11-2013, 12:51 AM
I keep waiting for Olynyk and Pangos to come back down to earth.....but it's not gonna happen tonight. lol

No one would have expected Harris to be somewhat of the third wheel on this team, but he's kinda caught in between being an outside and inside player. Olynyk has found his niche and Pangos to a lesser degree and they're just putting their head down and producing. I wish Harris would just stick inside more often. Not necessarily taking away what Olynyk is doing down low, but playing off of him. I know he's averaging 15 ppg, but they feel like a quiet 15 if you know what I mean.

KG215
01-12-2013, 03:02 PM
This season is going to be even more unbearable as a UNC fan because, not only will they go 0-4 against NC State and Duke, they're going to get the shit beat out of them four times and get embarrassed.

noob cake
01-12-2013, 03:11 PM
CJ Leslie showing that he belongs in the NBA.

Played the single defining game of his career. I was impressed.

Burgz V2
01-12-2013, 03:28 PM
I keep waiting for Olynyk and Pangos to come back down to earth.....but it's not gonna happen tonight. lol

No one would have expected Harris to be somewhat of the third wheel on this team, but he's kinda caught in between being an outside and inside player. Olynyk has found his niche and Pangos to a lesser degree and they're just putting their head down and producing. I wish Harris would just stick inside more often. Not necessarily taking away what Olynyk is doing down low, but playing off of him. I know he's averaging 15 ppg, but they feel like a quiet 15 if you know what I mean.

Harris is probably the best NBA prospect of the three, he fits his NBA position well and can defend 2s 3s and stretch 4s at the next level. Few needs Olynyk to assert himself down low for their offense to work. Without it their shooters would be shooting contested jumpers. Harris is one of those guys you don't really have to draw a play for.

As for Pangos, the guy can flat out shoot. One of the hottest players in the NCAA right now.

Burgz V2
01-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Talent-wise, I agree 100 percent. Once conference play starts they will be exposed. Can't wait until my spartans play them, they just don't have the depth in the frontcourt to be taken seriously as a top 25 team. Groce has done a good job of getting them to play hard so far this season, but there is only so much a coach can do.

I hate to say I told you so...just kidding I love to gloat :lol

Illinois getting DESTROYED on the boards, only 15 boards so far in the ENTIRE GAME, Wisconsin with 14 offensive rebounds with 13 mins left in the game.

IGotACoolStory
01-12-2013, 05:10 PM
PJ mother ****ing Hairston. That is all.

Well shout out to Simmons too.

KG215
01-12-2013, 05:20 PM
I think Roy may have found something in Simmons. The freshman bigs are still struggling to find their way a bit, so maybe Simmons will start getting more burn.

I watched the game, so I know how they won -- offensive rebounding and timely baskets to keep pace when FSU started the second half on a three-point barrage. It just doesn't make sense after losing to a worse Boston College team and at home to a worse Miami team without Reggie Johnson. I guess it was sort of a "backs against the wall, can't start 0-3 in ACC play" win, but they definitely looked like a different team. Didn't have their usual second half meltdown, on the road no-less, and hung around until the end.

Kiddlovesnets
01-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Duke missing Kelly is huge, but anyway NC state gets a good win, still an overrated team though.

ILLsmak
01-12-2013, 05:55 PM
The Illini are shitting the bed. haha. STOP IT. At least Shaw got to play.

-Smak

IGotACoolStory
01-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Anyone see Noel's line?

15-11-6-7 blocks-4 steals. 4-6 from the field, 7-8 from the line, 0 turnovers...

UK still lost by double digits at home.

kNicKz
01-13-2013, 12:45 AM
U-C-O-N-N

UCONN UCONN UCONN

NOTRE WHO?!!?!

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tyler+Olander+C+J+Fair+East+Basketball+Tournament+ z2vKlDSRDQHl.jpg

OLANDER NATION

KG215
01-13-2013, 02:18 AM
I'm trying to figure out the SEC, which sucks, but still.

I thought A&M was bad, even after they blew Arkansas out in A&M. Kentucky goes to Vanderbilt and wins by two. Arkansas holds Vanderbilt to 11 first half points in a 56-33 win at Arkansas. Texas A&M goes to Kentucky and wins by 12. Missouri beats Alabama by 16 at home then goes to Ole Miss and loses by 15.

After a close call with Bucknell and a 15 point loss to Ole Miss today, I'm a lot less sold on Missouri now then I was earlier in the season. They've got some things to figure out. After Florida, I wouldn't trust any of these teams to win more than one game in the NCAA tournament.

I do think Ole Miss is a sleeper to finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference and a tourney team. After Florida, Missouri, and Ole Miss though, I'm not sure who else in the SEC will for sure get in. I think Kentucky will be a "lock" by season's end but I'm really not sure.

Kiddlovesnets
01-13-2013, 03:29 AM
I'm trying to figure out the SEC, which sucks, but still.

I thought A&M was bad, even after they blew Arkansas out in A&M. Kentucky goes to Vanderbilt and wins by two. Arkansas holds Vanderbilt to 11 first half points in a 56-33 win at Arkansas. Texas A&M goes to Kentucky and wins by 12. Missouri beats Alabama by 16 at home then goes to Ole Miss and loses by 15.

After a close call with Bucknell and a 15 point loss to Ole Miss today, I'm a lot less sold on Missouri now then I was earlier in the season. They've got some things to figure out. After Florida, I wouldn't trust any of these teams to win more than one game in the NCAA tournament.

I do think Ole Miss is a sleeper to finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference and a tourney team. After Florida, Missouri, and Ole Miss though, I'm not sure who else in the SEC will for sure get in. I think Kentucky will be a "lock" by season's end but I'm really not sure.

Kentucky is an NIT team this year, I pointed this out a long time ago.

Balla_Status
01-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Doesn't matter. Beat Bama. Beat Kentucky.

Maybe A&M can turn it around this season. Elston Turner was a beast. Best performance by an A&M player (including Law).

Burgz V2
01-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Michigan getting run out of the gym by Ohio State. Michigan playing really soft right now, against their bitter rivals to boot

Black Joker
01-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Michigan getting run out of the gym by Ohio State. Michigan playing really soft right now, against their bitter rivals to boot
loving it

Burgz V2
01-13-2013, 05:07 PM
loving it

Big comeback though, you had to expect it was coming, Ohio State played well enough on adrenaline you had to feel they would start to get sluggish.

Big question now, who's no. 1 now that all the undefeated teams went down since the last AP Poll :eek:

UConnCeltics
01-13-2013, 05:48 PM
#1 Louisville coming to town tomorrow. Would be great if UConn can win.

kNicKz
01-13-2013, 05:52 PM
We got this. I'll be rushing the court when we pull the upset

andremiller07
01-15-2013, 05:14 AM
I really like the look of Jarnell Stokes, he entered college a year early has great hands and a soft touch. Good skills plays below the rim really like his game I see him getting a nice go in the NBA.

Kiddlovesnets
01-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Louisville looks elite, its gonna be an epic match between Louisville and Syracuse.

Rose
01-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Noel played a great second half tonight.

IGotACoolStory
01-15-2013, 11:40 PM
I love Dekker's game. He was my second favorite recruit, behind Marcus Smart, that I watched in high school.

He's the type of kid who does everything well... But with those guys it's usually that and nothing really develops. With Dekker, it's obvious that he will develop into a very good jump shooter (already shooting over 40% from 3) and he is blessed with NBA size and length (6-7 with a 6-10 wingspan) with good athleticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkwfFhNxIQ4

He's going to be a tremendous college player and very good pro, imo. Playing a good game against Indiana right now.

qrich
01-16-2013, 04:30 AM
Man, CSUN is an abysmal 0-5 in conference play after a decent out of conference showing with solid wins @ Utah & San Diego, but lost to UC Riverside who lost 26-70 against the Trojans and, to date, has only one other win against a Div 1 squad, and that is the 3-11 Northern Colorado side.

Better beat UC Davis on Thursday since Pacific on Saturday won't be an easy task.

IGotACoolStory
01-16-2013, 09:59 PM
State falls because CJL has the brain of an pencil eraser tip. :lol

And Maryland actually rushes the court after that game. I'm embarrassed. Please go to the Big Ten and never comeback. It wasn't even a good court storm, either.

Miami survives against BC. BC frosh has a Darius Washington moment. Down 3, fouled with double zeros on the clock, at the line for 3... Makes the first two and misses the last one.

Although Washington's was worse and with more on the line.

kNicKz
01-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Any providence fans on here have game footage of ryan gomes?

ILLsmak
01-18-2013, 12:28 AM
illini failing so hard... It's almost like after we get to a certain point we can't handle the pressure of being highly regarded. No words for why we are so terrible. Lebowski cast a spell on us.

-Smak

qrich
01-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Don't get how you can do so well OoC but lose the first 6 in the Big West :facepalm

Burgz V2
01-18-2013, 07:39 AM
illini failing so hard... It's almost like after we get to a certain point we can't handle the pressure of being highly regarded. No words for why we are so terrible. Lebowski cast a spell on us.

-Smak

They play hard but no depth inside, you need good bigs to be a good team in the Big Ten

IGotACoolStory
01-19-2013, 03:11 PM
McAdoo has been progressing all year.

People focus too much on stats and their unfair expectations (Bilas had a nice piece on ESPN this past week) based on a season which he essentially did nothing.

He needs to improve his handle and jump shot if he's going to continue to play the same style for his career, but his potential and growth has a player is obvious if you just watch the damn game.

Still effective, and he's really raw.

Loved the A-C-C chant at the end of game. Go to hell, Maryland.

KG215
01-19-2013, 03:33 PM
I'll admit, I've been unfairly harsh on McAdoo at times. And he is getting better as the season progresses which is exactly what UNC needed. He went from being a top 5 pick in most mock drafts coming into the season to falling out of the lottery. He still has work to do, but he's starting to look more and more like what he was expected to be in the preseason. He legitimately outplayed and looked better than Alex Len today, and Len is someone who has shot up mock drafts this year to the top 5-10.

Note, I'm still pretty high on Len. I'm hoping if OKC doesn't trade Toronto's draft pick, it falls in the 4-6 range and Len is still on the board when we pick. Bring him off the bench for a few years and mold him behind Perkins.

And I know it's a home game, but Florida is making a statement against Missouri right now. I had a feeling they were on a different level than every other SEC team, and they're proving it so far today.

Jailblazers7
01-19-2013, 05:18 PM
I got to go to the Pitt/UCONN game this afternoon. Solid win by Pitt but they almost let it slip away.

Ryan Boatright is going to be one hell of a player. He reminds me a lot of Kemba when he was an underclassman.

KG215
01-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Louisville/Syracuse didn't disappoint. Louisville was in control most of the game but failed to execute in the final two minutes, missed some FT's before that, and it cost them.

IGotACoolStory
01-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Good win for Oregon.

I remember watching Tony Woods at Wake and he looked terrible. Not bad today.

I have to watch more of their games.

chips93
01-19-2013, 09:08 PM
deshaun thomas gets buckets, nobody else for osu is a scoring threat though

the guy doing the color commentary is really annoying though. thomas is making really tough shots, but he keeps killing the msu defenders for making little mistakes, thomas is just playing great. the defense isnt perfect, but they are still forcing thomas into tough shots.

Dolphin
01-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Big win for MSU. Can't really lose home games if you want to win the Big 10. Flew home just to catch the last bit of the game....now I can go to the movies in a happy mood. :D

Grinder
01-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Kelly Olynyk's game has come such a long way. He was a talented but inconsistent sophomore with little to no NBA prospects a few years ago but now he's got a really good shot at being a first round pick. Love his touch around the basket and his footwork in the paint. Canada is churning out NBA prospect after NBA prospect lately.

IGotACoolStory
01-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Zags-Butler needs to be a yearly thing.

One of the best college basketball games I have watched this season.

HOLY SHIT. What an ending... With an ending like that, it may have been the best basketball game I have watched all season, NBA or college. Wow. Definitely the best overall hoops day and I only caught the ending of the Bulls game. Everything else was all college ball.

Days like this reminds me why I love college basketball over all other sports.

KG215
01-20-2013, 12:14 AM
And Butler pulls another "are you f***ing kidding me?" win out of their ass.

InspiredLebowski
01-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Brad Stevens really is a wizard

KG215
01-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Brad Stevens really is a wizard
Just how he drew it up. Just like the Marquette "are you f***ing kidding me?" win in Maui.

InspiredLebowski
01-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Just how he drew it up. Just like the Marquette "are you f***ing kidding me?" win in Maui.the guy seriously has spell casting powers

InspiredLebowski
01-20-2013, 12:19 AM
and Barlow owes Jones a big ass steak or something

IGotACoolStory
01-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Are we sure he got that off in time?

InspiredLebowski
01-20-2013, 12:37 AM
Are we sure he got that off in time?yes

http://youtu.be/XJOTrmNpT6I

there's no slo-mo there, but they had it on the broadcast, he definitely did.

I know they more or less pulled this one outta their ass but they still were in a position to do it w/o Clarke. I really think Stevens is the best coach in college basketball.

Burgz V2
01-20-2013, 06:41 AM
Stevens has MJ's secret stuff. No Rotnei Clarke and still pull off the upset.

Burgz V2
01-20-2013, 03:25 PM
man great win by MSU against a tough defence in Ohio State. If it wasn't for Deshaun Thomas it would've been a blowout, but the guy torched us, destroyed any player we threw at him. Probably some cause for concern defensively but I'll take the win. Should move up in next weeks rankings too.

qrich
01-20-2013, 03:28 PM
6-0 to start the year, but now, we aren't even going to make the Big West Tournament? Pathetic :facepalm