PDA

View Full Version : 2012/13 Observation Deck

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

kNicKz
01-20-2013, 11:37 PM
I just got back from the hoop hall classic. I got to see Andrew Wiggins play. He looks good but I'm not sure about best in his class. Sadly I have to work tomorrow so i can't make the drive up to see Jabari play though I saw him walking around at one point. I also met Aaron Gordon lol

chips93
01-21-2013, 05:16 PM
sick dunk from carter-williams :eek:

KG215
01-21-2013, 07:56 PM
A bit off-topic (as it doesn't pertain to this season) but UNC just got a a verbal commit from 2014 5-star PG Joel Berry. He was at the UNC/Maryland game on Saturday. Must've been sold because he didn't waste any time committing.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=5541374

IGotACoolStory
01-22-2013, 05:12 PM
He's the guy we needed badly.

Felton-type recruit in so many ways. Actually the best comparison is to dookie Jay Williams. Not say he's as good as Jay was, but their games are almost identical from the way they dribble, to the way they finish around the rim, to the style of basketball they play at the PG positions. Berry is shorter, tho. He might be stronger, however. He was being recruited to play safety in college.

I don't like dookies, but I will take a NPOY, National Championship winner, #2 pick. Plus he wanted to be a Tar Heel if Guth didn't **** up. That might have been the biggest miss in UNC history, considering what he accomplished for the program down the road and how bad UNC was during those years. :facepalm

The big question remains: What about Nate Britt?

I know he's tumbled down the rankings. That doesn't mean he wants to suddenly be a back up for his entire college career.

lol @ wolpfack losing to Wake.

KG215
01-22-2013, 11:18 PM
He's the guy we needed badly.

Felton-type recruit in so many ways. Actually the best comparison is to dookie Jay Williams. Not say he's as good as Jay was, but their games are almost identical from the way they dribble, to the way they finish around the rim, to the style of basketball they play at the PG positions. Berry is shorter, tho. He might be stronger, however. He was being recruited to play safety in college.

I don't like dookies, but I will take a NPOY, National Championship winner, #2 pick. Plus he wanted to be a Tar Heel if Guth didn't **** up. That might have been the biggest miss in UNC history, considering what he accomplished for the program down the road and how bad UNC was during those years. :facepalm

The big question remains: What about Nate Britt?

I know he's tumbled down the rankings. That doesn't mean he wants to suddenly be a back up for his entire college career.

lol @ wolpfack losing to Wake.
After the injury problems, Kendall bolting at least one year sooner than he though, and Sharon Drew transferring to UCLA, I think Roy is just making sure he's never in a situation again where his only PG's are a 155 pound freshman and Dexter "I can't make anything other than layups" Strickland. If you remember his Kansas days, he liked to start and play a two PG lineup a lot. Like two legit PG's which we'll have three of by the time Berry gets here; four I guess if you count White (is he coming back?). I think Paige and probably Britt can play off the ball some. I just hope Justin Jackson commits soon, and we get Vaughn so we'll have some bigger wings on the perimeter who can actually shoot; because Reggie and P.J. both will be gone by 2014-2015. UNC is going to be in a world of hurt if they have four PG's and J.P. Tokoto as the only perimeter players on the roster. We need a 6'5"+ wing or two that can shoot.

IGotACoolStory
01-23-2013, 01:48 AM
Sure it's great from the UNC side of things. More PGs the better.

Not so great for Britt...

And while it's great running with two PGs on offense, those very same 6-something, 160 lb PGs will have to learn to defend college 2-guards. Paige and Britt aren't combo guards. Not with their lack of strength and small size. Britt's not a particularly good shooter. Paige probably will become one since he was prolific in high school, but it hasn't translated that well right now.

Is the KU two PG lineup you are referring to Miles and Hinrich on that team that should have won the championship? Hinrich is so much a combo that he ended up being one in the NBA too.

I'd buy the two PG lineup if one of the three PGs had the size and athelticsm of Felton or McInnis. Unfortunately one is 6 feet 175 lbs, the other is 6-1 170 lbs, and the other is 6-1. Although Berry is kind of strong.

Just saying it wouldn't surprise me to see Britt transfer before his junior season once he sees the rotations with Berry in the lineup.

On another note: Kentucky drops another

KG215
01-23-2013, 03:51 AM
No, I agree, it's not ideal with how small Paige, Britt, and Berry are. It's just something to think about and similar to what Roy has done in the past. Maybe "always" was the wrong way to put it, but yes, the Miles and Hinrich team. Seems like he had another team like that in the 90's, but one of the PG's might've been more of a combo-guard. We've seen him attempt something similar at UNC with Lawson/Frasor and now Paige/Strickland at times. Obviously Lawson/Frasor was never the most effective or best backcourt option, and Paige/Strickland would be a homeless man's version of both Hinrich/Miles and Lawson/Frasor; but I think in his mind, Roy believes you can never have too many PG's.

I do wish one of the three was at least 6'2" 185 or so. It will be really intriguing to see how he manages the minutes in 2014-2015 with a JR Paige, SO Britt, and FR Berry. Britt may be the odd man out if Berry lives up to his potential. From what I've read/seen/heard he's got the most upside and talent out of the three, and by a pretty good margin.

kNicKz
01-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Calipari is getting exposed as an actual coach right now. He can hide behind the SEC wall in terms of recruiting violations but star power doesn't always get it done.

KG215
01-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Ummm...Miami is on a 25-1 run against Duke right now, and they have a 38-15 lead with 2 minutes to go in the first half.

Scoooter
01-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Miami is crushing Duke.

IGotACoolStory
01-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Miami will manage to lose this game. Just watch...

@KG

Yeah, I get what you are saying. It's just that Roy has recruited small PGs.

I don't recall Ty and Bobby playing in the same backcourt often. I think Wayne started right out of the gate and obviously he came in the same class as Ty. Even then, Bobby was recruited as a combo guard. He just had to start at PG as a frosh out of necessity. Pretty sure it was either him, Wes (who started some at SG) or Q. Not much choice there. Oh yeah, he's 6-3 and was a pest on defense before his injuries. Still wasn't that bad after he finally got healthy during his senior year.

I don't know what Dex is. He's a PG who doesn't have good passing skills or a SG who can't shoot. But again we are talking about a 6-3 guard, and he happens to be a pretty good athlete.

We will see. I do hope it works out and I really hope Britt ends up like sophomore high school self more than what he has been playing like lately. Those long highlights of his sophomore season, in arguably the very best high school league in the US, were spectacular. Not sure what has happened since... Players just don't digress like that high school. They get exposed... But I really doubt that's the case with Britt. Wouldn't make sense because now he's playing with more talent and in a weaker league.

KG215
01-23-2013, 09:03 PM
If Miami manages to blow a 42-19 halftime lead at home, then....yeah.

KG215
01-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Alright, I think Miami's got this. They come out and score the first 7 points of the second half to take a 49-19 lead.

Jailblazers7
01-23-2013, 09:13 PM
WTF happened in the first half?

kNicKz
01-23-2013, 09:37 PM
holy miami

KG215
01-23-2013, 09:38 PM
WTF happened in the first half?
Miami got hot from three, Duke missed some open shots, but for the most part Miami's defense was excellent in the first half. On top of all that they ust completely outplayed, outworked, outhustled, etc. Duke in the first half.

IGotACoolStory
01-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Kadji is a really interesting.

Is he on the NBA radar? Maybe like a Channing Frye type of player who can take players off the dribble.

Also after the crap UNC got from the national media after the FSU game last year, dook better ****ing get the same deal.

Jailblazers7
01-23-2013, 09:48 PM
:oldlol:

I love how Miami's guards were slapping the floor on that last defensive possession.

KG215
01-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Oh, and Butler lost to LaSalle.

KG215
01-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Don't see this lineup by UNC very often with the four freshmen and Hairston who's just a sophomore.

ace23
01-23-2013, 10:33 PM
What happened in that Duke-Miami game? I just saw the score.

AlonzoGOAT
01-23-2013, 10:36 PM
What happened in that Duke-Miami game? I just saw the score.
The U happened

DaSeba5
01-23-2013, 11:33 PM
As a long time Hurricane fan, that was one of the best games I ever watched. I've never seen a #1 team get beaten so badly.

kNicKz
01-24-2013, 12:07 AM
heat fans that are non existent in this entire thread are now acting like they have ever watched a University of Miami basketball game :roll: :roll:

IGotACoolStory
01-24-2013, 12:25 AM
Drexel game winner:

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/23/drexels-frantz-massenat-sinks-50-foot-buzzer-beater-to-defeat-ho-video/

DaSeba5
01-24-2013, 03:09 AM
heat fans that are non existent in this entire thread are now acting like they have ever watched a University of Miami basketball game :roll: :roll:

I'm not sure if this directed to me or not, but I root for the Dolphins, Marlins, Canes, FL Panthers, and Heat. The Canes are not known for their basketball, so this is new territory. Awesome win. I was going to go to the game, but I couldn't.

KG215
01-24-2013, 10:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HbHiT3B.gif

AlonzoGOAT
01-24-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure if this directed to me or not, but I root for the Dolphins, Marlins, Canes, FL Panthers, and Heat. The Canes are not known for their basketball, so this is new territory. Awesome win. I was going to go to the game, but I couldn't.
The guy is a complete hater and even tho the U ain't known for it's basketball why would I post/follow games in this half dead sub forum? I post on college rivals and caneinsider since mid to late last decade. I only come here for Gamethreads and OTC. By the way that is the same guy who thinks pete > wade so we really shouldn't be affected from that retards posts he's a complete hater.

AlonzoGOAT
01-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Beautiful. All we need is more dancing and we're back to the 80's U.

Maniak
01-24-2013, 10:03 PM
going to watch ucla vs arizona. hope it's a good game. who should i be watching out for?

IGotACoolStory
01-24-2013, 11:11 PM
What? The floor slapping wasn't done to mock the school that made it famous (and repelling)?

Noof
01-25-2013, 12:22 AM
Great win for UCLA without Travis Wear for most of the game.

IGotACoolStory
01-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Walton is insane. The guy is hilarious, and I absolutely love the way he delivers lines... But he's definitely insane.

Also a huge homer. Doesn't even try to hide his bias, and I only ever see him call UCLA games which is kind of weird. Why is that? Is he on contract to do all UCLA ESPN games or something?

KG215
01-25-2013, 02:57 AM
I thought I caught a UCLA game earlier in the season on Fox Sports or some other non-ESPN channel and I know Walton was calling it. Maybe he jsut does UCLA games in general? Or maybe it was an ESPN game and I'm remembering it wrong.

qrich
01-25-2013, 07:10 AM
CSUN wins, CSUN wins! 6-0 to start year, win @ Utah but lose the first 7 in conference. Still have 2 1/2 games to make up in order to make the Big West Tournament.

going to watch ucla vs arizona. hope it's a good game. who should i be watching out for?

How dare you not invite me :oldlol:

SourPatchKids
01-26-2013, 02:34 AM
hurricane-down

Dolphin
01-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Well, if you're a team desperately needing wins to have a chance at a tourny bid, then beating Louisville and Syracuse ain't a bad start. Well done Villanova.

IGotACoolStory
01-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Good fight at the end. I didn't expect to beat State, but I also didn't see another Indiana game. At least they fought back to 5.

Whatever PJ ever did to Roy, Roy needs to grow the **** up. I would consider going pro, even if it meant getting drafted in the second round. The mis-handling of his minutes is unreal. Not just the total, if he makes one small mistake he gets yanked. While if his senior SG takes consecutive terrible fadeaway jumpers... Let's add on to his minutes total!

kNicKz
01-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Villanova on their grind right now. I love it

Burgz V2
01-27-2013, 06:44 AM
massive game alert: MSU @ IU

key for us is going to be Appling and Harris. If they can keep the defensive pressure up on their guards we will have a chance to steal in one on the road.

Watford v Dawson is going to be a great matchup as well. gonna be a good game.

andremiller07
01-27-2013, 07:36 AM
I thought I caught a UCLA game earlier in the season on Fox Sports or some other non-ESPN channel and I know Walton was calling it. Maybe he jsut does UCLA games in general? Or maybe it was an ESPN game and I'm remembering it wrong.

I saw it on ESPN and yeah Walton was doing the commentary dude is hilarious

Burgz V2
01-27-2013, 05:06 PM
tough loss for MSU but really showed some fight. Great game by Payne he and Nix were all over Zeller, too bad Travis Trice is a TO machine and Garry Harris got schooled by Oladipo.

imdaman99
01-27-2013, 07:50 PM
firstrow doesnt have michigan at illinois :(

anyone got a link???

beer
01-27-2013, 08:02 PM
firstrow doesnt have michigan at illinois :(

anyone got a link???

http://atdee.net/59601/watch-michigan-vs-illinois

imdaman99
01-27-2013, 08:13 PM
http://atdee.net/59601/watch-michigan-vs-illinois
Thanks man :cheers:

InspiredLebowski
01-28-2013, 03:10 PM
When was the last time Michigan was #1? I keep hearing about this Fab Five team but there's no record of them?

Burgz V2
01-29-2013, 06:16 AM
When was the last time Michigan was #1? I keep hearing about this Fab Five team but there's no record of them?

must be hidden somewhere in the basement.

IGotACoolStory
01-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Figures that Dex would take out PJ.

The kid can't even stand up. **** this season.

KG215
01-29-2013, 10:57 PM
First and foremost I hope Hairston is ok. That was scary after he got up, took a couple of steps, and collapsed. I think it's probably just a concussion -- which is still serious -- but maybe not as serious as being taken off on a stretcher might indicate. And f*** the injury bug that made its way to Chapel Hill in 2010 and has been there ever since. GO AWAY!!!

And I just saw NC State lost to Boston College. Figures. They get up and play out of their minds for their bi-annual Super Bowl, and get beat the next game.

KG215
01-29-2013, 11:35 PM
How does a player go from standing up, taking a couple of steps, collapsing, being taken off on a stretcher, to coming back out and sitting on the bench all in the same game? Are they sure they shouldn't have taken P.J. to the hospital to get a CAT scan, MRI...something?

kNicKz
01-30-2013, 12:01 AM
I keep hearing about this Fab Five team but there's no record of them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fab_Five_%28University_of_Michigan%29

InspiredLebowski
01-30-2013, 05:03 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fab_Five_%28University_of_Michigan%29 :coleman:

leopoldstotch
01-30-2013, 09:47 AM
I hope Nerlens Noel stays another year to develop his game before going pro. His defense is solid, but his offense and overall game stinks. He will get eaten alive in the NBA.

Hoopsmagirk
01-30-2013, 01:28 PM
A little information for you college hoops fans here at Inside Hoops. The Bracket Busters matchups will be announced very soon (February 4th) so if you guys want to get the latest info, I'm here on behalf of this years Bracket Busters. Check out the Bracket Busters Facebook page here:

Ramada BracketBusters2013 (http://www.facebook.com/RamadaBracketbusters2013)

qrich
01-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Hoping UCLA signs both Marcus LoVett Jr. and Aaron Holiday in a few years.

InspiredLebowski
01-30-2013, 08:08 PM
LoVett's apparently interested in Purdue, which is genuinely shocking to me. Elite kid from Cali and all. Apparently his family's from here and his dad signed with Purdue but couldn't make the grades but him and Gene Keady stayed close ever since so there's some affection.

Still really, really doubt it gets close to happening, but at least something to hope for.

kNicKz
01-30-2013, 10:43 PM
If jahlil and his boy don't sign with UConn I will riot....

kNicKz
01-31-2013, 01:33 AM
http://binaryapi.ap.org/8a02d697a2a34ee188176c9f4738a862/512x.jpg

Apparently Gasol's little brother plays for UCLA? as a walk on.... News to me...

KG215
01-31-2013, 01:53 AM
The hell is happening in the Oregon/Stanford game? Admittedly I don't know much about Stanford this year, but they're putting it on Oregon right now. Up 63-38 in the second half.

qrich
01-31-2013, 03:10 PM
LoVett's apparently interested in Purdue, which is genuinely shocking to me. Elite kid from Cali and all. Apparently his family's from here and his dad signed with Purdue but couldn't make the grades but him and Gene Keady stayed close ever since so there's some affection.

Still really, really doubt it gets close to happening, but at least something to hope for.

Yeah, that was surprising to me too. I've seen this kid play live and he I had the same reaction when I saw Jrue Holiday play @ Campbell Hall as I do with LoVett. Kid is a pure scorer and definitely has a shot to make it to the pros. Same with Jrue's lil brother, Aaron.

Easily top three guys I've seen play HS ball.

takai
02-01-2013, 02:15 AM
The Iowa Hawkeyes are going to be so good next year. Only made up of freshman and sophomores right now,they're still challenging teams with way more experience.

Aaron White is a damn beast. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

kNicKz
02-01-2013, 02:24 AM
That UConn Providence game was the definition of grinding out a game....

imdaman99
02-02-2013, 04:51 AM
Set sights to Michigan at Indiana 9 PM ET. #1 @ #3...should be a great game. Wouldn't be surprised if it's comparable to that Kentucky game last year, when that dude hit a 3 at the buzzer to beat them. #1 seed and #1 in Big Ten on the line.

Lets go Wolverines :pimp: Buy stock in Trey Burke

Burgz V2
02-02-2013, 05:05 AM
Set sights to Michigan at Indiana 9 PM ET. #1 @ #3...should be a great game. Wouldn't be surprised if it's comparable to that Kentucky game last year, when that dude hit a 3 at the buzzer to beat them. #1 seed and #1 in Big Ten on the line.

Lets go Wolverines :pimp: Buy stock in Trey Burke

probably the best game of the conference schedule so far this year. not a bad rivalry either.

KG215
02-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Pittsburgh has started to pull away from Syracuse a little bit. Syracuse fought back to tie the game 35-35, but Pitt has a 50-41 lead with 4:45 to go.

InspiredLebowski
02-02-2013, 02:45 PM
this is the softest most punk ridden Purdue team I've ever seen

KG215
02-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Down 2 with 45 seconds to go and a 47% FT shooter for VT makes two FT's. And UNC commits two stupid turnovers, and the game is going to OT.

:facepalm

KG215
02-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Freshman Marcus Paige comes up big in OT with 8 points. No PJ Hairston so I'll take the win. Just wish it had been prettier.

IGotACoolStory
02-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Down 2 with 45 seconds to go and a 47% FT shooter for VT makes two FT's.

That was right after a guy who wasn't missed a free throw all season missed two in a row for us. Dan jinxed the **** out of those free throws before Jackson shot them. Stupid announcers jinx. And he reversed jinxed the 47% shooter.

I'm serious, too.

Some may not agree, but McAdoo is going to be big time sooner or later. Lately the guy has been about a 16 and 10 player (over the last 5 or 6 games, so essentially conference play) and I'm pretty sure he has no idea what he's doing on offense.

Today he played different than any game all year and he goes 8-12 from the field. He stopped shooting that turn around jumper and was shooting more set shots. He destroyed VPI's zone. He made some nice drives to get to the line and some good reads on his passes.

He did have 5 turnovers. A couple early where he was stripped. Like I've said a million times, he needs to tighten his handle. Then he had the GOD AWFUL one that almost cost us the game at the end of regulation. Part of that was on Paige as he had no business passing that up to McAdoo in that situation. One of the other two was a bad backdoor cut pass. I'll take that on occasion as at least he's trying to make a play.

He's raw, but effective. Once he figures out what he wants to do and what he can get away with playing that way... Watch out.

And his defense and rebounding was outstanding today. He was not a good rebounder last year and not a good one in high school either. I think around 8 a game in high school. He's really picked it up lately.

Jailblazers7
02-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Atmosphere at the Pitt game was awesome. Hail Pitt. :bowdown:

IGotACoolStory
02-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Marcus Smart out dueling Ben McLemore, imo. Okie State on the verge of a huge upset, beating KU at AFH.

State loses at the buzzer.

DaSeba5
02-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Big win on the road against NC State

Holy shit! :rockon:

KG215
02-02-2013, 07:11 PM

What a huge choke-job in the final 90 seconds by NC State. I know they didn't have Lorenzo Brown, but they were up 5 with about 1:30 left in the game and they had the ball.

KG215
02-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Marcus Smart is such a stud.

IGotACoolStory
02-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Marcus Smart is such a stud.

Yep. I would take him on my team any day.

He's my favorite prospect to come out in a really long time. I don't think people realize how much a load he carries for Oklahoma State and how well he's doing it.

He's an off guard asked to play PG, guard the other team's best perimeter player, be the #1 scoring option, and the emotional leader of the team. As a freshman.

He's also the second leading rebounder for whatever that's worth.

Incredible basketball player.

Oregon drops another.

imdaman99
02-02-2013, 11:32 PM
anyone watching this michigan-indiana game????? ANYONE???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imdaman99
02-03-2013, 12:05 AM
knew it was gonna be a tough for michigan to win. its hard to win a road game against a top 5 team. now theyre prob gonna drop to #3-4-5. should be 3. indiana 1 and florida 2

IGotACoolStory
02-03-2013, 12:10 AM
That missed dunk from Oladipo would have been...

It was shaping up to be this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opN090jJFds

kNicKz
02-03-2013, 06:28 PM
http://courantblogs.com/photo/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/UConnNova_web01.jpg

shhh

wang4three
02-03-2013, 06:43 PM
I remember when I was at Illinois, teams would be scared to play at Assembly Hall. Now... no one cares.

InspiredLebowski
02-03-2013, 10:30 PM
I remember when I was at Illinois, teams would be scared to play at Assembly Hall. Now... no one cares.hey, not like you suffered the worst home defeat ever last week. and to your hated rival to boot.

kNicKz
02-04-2013, 12:40 AM
http://www.neontommy.com/sites/default/files/uploads/Shabazz%20Napier%20%28Robert%20Mora%29.jpg

KG215
02-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Arkansas put it on Florida tonight. Not nearly as close as the final score indicated, either. They jumped on them 36-13 and led by as many as 27 at one point. Arkansas is 5-0 at home and 0-4 on the road in SEC play. It's borderline unbelievable how much different they are at home compared to on the road. It's the same Arkansas team that got the ever living shit beat out of them at South Carolina a week ago.

This Michigan/Ohio State game has turned into a good one. It's been back-and-forth the last 10 minutes or so. Craft is playing some really good defense on Burke but Hardaway is 6/7 from three and keeping Michigan in it.

Rose
02-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Well defended last possession.

imdaman99
02-06-2013, 12:02 AM
michigan-ohio state overtime... michigan keeps giving up offensive rebounds and allowing them to tie the game :facepalm
al horford's bro is a soft scrub :lol

Rose
02-06-2013, 12:22 AM
Wow well done by Michigan.:applause:

imdaman99
02-06-2013, 12:25 AM
burke gets his revenge and swats craft to protect the lead... and then hardaway jr finishes craft off with a game clinching block :applause: finally they beat ohio state. dick vitale wanted double OT :oldlol:

IGotACoolStory
02-06-2013, 12:34 AM
That was a foul on the Craft drive. :confusedshrug:

Snaer is unbelievable.

The guy must be batting 1.000 on game winners over the last two seasons. He hit another tonight. He hit one less than a week ago. He hit another less than a week before that. He had the game winning block about ten days before that.

And of course he had that dook winner last season.

KG215
02-06-2013, 01:35 AM
Yeah, I thought there was a foul somewhere during that last shot by Craft.

imdaman99
02-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I thought there was a foul somewhere during that last shot by Craft.
if that was a foul, than craft's foul on g-robinson III was a flagrant.

also, kansas in big trouble against TCU... not watching it since its not on the internet anywhere. but down 8 with a min left.

irondarts
02-07-2013, 09:07 PM
So, uh, TCU beat Kansas.

IlliniFan
02-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Unbelievable come back by Illinois tonight. Please build on this...

KG215
02-08-2013, 12:15 AM
So....how does a team that shoots 24 threes also manage to get 41 free-throw attempts?

InspiredLebowski
02-08-2013, 12:38 AM
If Duke fans were really chanting "how's your grandma" at Tyler Lewis they can rot in hell

IGotACoolStory
02-08-2013, 01:04 AM
Randomly related...

The three worst fan bases I've ever come across are from NCSU, Maryland, and WVU.

#1 is cursed. I hope duke goes back to #1 for our meeting next week. Maybe that will help.

kNicKz
02-08-2013, 11:07 AM
If Duke fans were really chanting "how's your grandma" at Tyler Lewis they can rot in hell

It's Duke...

Burgz V2
02-08-2013, 03:28 PM

saw this on Sporting News. all i can say is i wouldnt be surprised, true or not. tasteless fans at Cameron Indoor, they know no boundaries.

qrich
02-08-2013, 03:44 PM
4 in a row for the 'dors. Keep it going@

wang4three
02-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Was going to post last night but ended up getting thrashed after our win. Feeling the pain now. Man it was so much more fun when I was in my early 20s..

Dolphin
02-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Wins like these will keep the amount of teams the Big 10 gets into the dance fluctuating from 6-8 for the rest of the season. If there's 8 teams, it probably means there won't be 2 #1 seeds as well as maybe a #2 seed and a #3 seed....if teams such as Illinois and Iowa don't upset those teams a few more times to get into the tourny, you might see it though.

....then again, not many teams in other conferences are doing much to take away top seeds right now. lol

IGotACoolStory
02-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Now if only the Big Ten could ever win the championship. Do you guys have one this millenium? When was that Mateen Cleaves team?

Dolphin
02-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Now if only the Big Ten could ever win the championship. Do you guys have one this millenium? When was that Mateen Cleaves team?

2000...so yes, they have. :roll:

InspiredLebowski
02-09-2013, 01:49 AM
2000...so yes, they have. :roll:Maryland in 02!

Burgz V2
02-09-2013, 07:20 AM

the funny thing is the Big Ten teams this year that are contender might just beat up on each other so much during conference play, they will probably burn out in the tournament. :lol

and you forgot about Morris Peterson

Dolphin
02-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Maryland in 02!

I hope their sort of mini resurgence continues and the Big 10 actually adds another good bball program to the conference....but that title will never be the Big 10's to claim...I know you're joking though.

the funny thing is the Big Ten teams this year that are contender might just beat up on each other so much during conference play, they will probably burn out in the tournament. :lol

and you forgot about Morris Peterson

While burning out may be a legitimate factor, I don't think the fact that the Big 10 having 3-4 teams with legit title hopes makes it more of a disappointment if one of them doesn't win it. Doesn't make Duke, Kansas, Louisville, etc. have any less of a shot. If you do away with conference affiliation and just line all the times up, you wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of experts picked teams outside of the Big 10 to win it. You have to win 6 games with a bit of luck along the way (even if you have an all decade team).

Jailblazers7
02-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I think I would have rather seen Pitt join the Big 10. We would fit in as a research university, add another good bball team to the conference, and renew the PSU rivalry. We would get ****ing smacked every year in football but nobody really cares anymore.

kNicKz
02-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Im hearing that UConn is probably going to end up in the big 10 at some point, that would be amazing...

KG215
02-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Wow...Tim Hardaway Jr.'s got some huge stones. The hell was Wisconsin thinking, though? They had 3 fouls to give and don't use any of them.

IGotACoolStory
Maryland is squarely on the bubble after their hot start. They beat up on a bunch of scrubs and only have the NCSU win to claim to. Most of their OOC wins are against sub-.500 midmajor teams.

And, really, how good will that win look at the end of the year if NCSU keeps losing? They have dropped all the way down to 7th in the ACC. They should be on the bubble as well, imo.

Maryland's recruiting is just decent. Brought in a solid class last season and had a chance to make noise with the Harrison twins, but that was a long shot. Now they have 40-60 PG and some unranked kid.

I also still question Turgeon as a coach.

I don't see the hype. :confusedshrug:

Hardaway from 3 with 3 seconds left. That kid can play...

chips93
huge 3 by hardaway to break the tie with like 2 secs left. wisconsin had 3 fouls to give, and didnt use even one of them though

:wtf:

imdaman99
02-09-2013, 02:44 PM
wow tim hardaway jr with a huge 3 with 2.4 seconds left to give michigan the lead!
and then someone on wisconsin tied it with a 3 from halfcourt!!! WTF!!! :roll:

chips93
02-09-2013, 02:45 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

IGotACoolStory
Did that seriously just happen? :bowdown:

ace23
Haha, crazy way to end regulation. :roll:

KG215
And holy hell...Wisconsin just hits a game tying three from halfcourt as time expired.

imdaman99
02-09-2013, 02:46 PM
why arent these coaches telling their kids to foul as they are running? :facepalm

so many fouls to give wasted

KG215
02-09-2013, 02:50 PM
why arent these coaches telling their kids to foul as they are running? :facepalm

so many fouls to give wasted
It's the basketball equivalent of bad clock management in football. So stupid by both teams to not use any of their fouls to give.

KG215
02-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Both teams deserved to lose for stupidly leaving fouls on the table in regulation. That would've been Michigan's first win at Wisconsin since, I don't know...a long ass time. Heard or read the exact year earlier but forgot it.

imdaman99
02-09-2013, 02:58 PM
and now michigan lost... because their center tried to do a sissy layup when he should have dunked it on a breakaway. dumb 19 yr olds i swear

IGotACoolStory
02-09-2013, 02:59 PM
I don't want miss the tip for the UNC game, but a little bit of me wanted to see Hardaway jr make another 3 since he was playing with 5 fouls. If he really did have 5 fouls like ESPN said he had,

chips93
02-09-2013, 03:00 PM
god i just cant stand dan dakich

after two huge 3s to end regulation, all he does is complain about not fouling, almost ignoring the incredible shots both teams hit.

imdaman99
02-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Both teams deserved to lose for stupidly leaving fouls on the table in regulation. That would've been Michigan's first win at Wisconsin since, I don't know...a long ass time. Heard or read the exact year earlier but forgot it.
since 1999. i dont understand why the same fckin retarded guy that let the wisconsin kid hit the half court 3 was on him again with under a minute left (subbed in TO PLAY DEFENSE on him). he leaves his hand down when theres like 10 seconds on the shotclock and gives up a good look at another 3. and of course he hits another 3 in his face.

KG215
02-09-2013, 03:05 PM
god i just cant stand dan dakich

after two huge 3s to end regulation, all he does is complain about not fouling, almost ignoring the incredible shots both teams hit.
While I agree somewhat, his coaching background/mindset was really coming through there. And, to be honest, he was right. It was incredibly stupid for both teams to let the other even get a shot up when they had 2+ fouls to give.

InspiredLebowski
02-09-2013, 03:11 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1434983/impossibleWI.gif

BANG. Weird shit happens at the Kohl Center man, they built it on an Indian burial ground or something.

IGotACoolStory
02-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Miami is just so much better than UNC. Christ.

This team isn't going anywhere when the starting lineup is 3v5 on offense. Or most nights 2v5. Some nights 1v5, like what is happening right now.

And the post rotation consist of what are essentially two walk-on players and a guy who has been playing basketball for 4 years. One of them starts!

Meh.

Anyone notice some of Miami's main rotation? They are 5 or 6th year RS seniors. Very soon they will have a 25 year old Kadji, 23 year old Johnson, 23 year old Gamble, and 23 year old Scott.

That lineup is older than the Rockets :oldlol:

DaSeba5
02-09-2013, 04:12 PM

This team isn't going anywhere when the starting lineup is 3v5 on offense. Or most nights 2v5. Some nights 1v5, like what is happening right now.

And the post rotation consist of what are essentially two walk-on players and a guy who has been playing basketball for 4 years. One of them starts!

Meh.

Anyone notice some of Miami's main rotation? They are 5 or 6th year RS seniors. Very soon they will have a 25 year old Kadji, 23 year old Johnson, 23 year old Gamble, and 23 year old Scott.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

KG215
02-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Every quality team UNC has played this year has had them down by nearly 30 at one point. I refuse to watch us play Duke next week because I may break my TV watching those smug arrogant douche bags floor slap and thump their chest after they drain 15+ threes en route to a 30+ point lead.

KG215
02-09-2013, 04:17 PM

Meh.

Damn, I knew they were old, but didn't realize they were that old. How the hell is Kadji still in college at 25 years old? Meanwhile, UNC has four freshmen and four sophomores in their rotation, two of which are essentially walk-on caliber.

It's kind of like BYU when they have a bunch of 22-23 year olds playing for them because they spent two years doing their mission.

BrickingStar
02-09-2013, 04:25 PM
This Larkin guy is very good and handsome no homo

BrickingStar
02-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Holy shit nice dunk and lebron/wade's reaction :roll: :roll:

KG215
02-09-2013, 04:44 PM
But seriously, how the f*** does Miami have so many 23+ year olds on their team?

BrickingStar
02-09-2013, 04:48 PM
But seriously, how the f*** does Miami have so many 23+ year olds on their team?
Seniors peaked late :confusedshrug: or good coaching turned nobodies into somebodies :confusedshrug: The thing with the 25 year old has happened before just not often.

ace23
02-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Had no idea Shane Larkin was Barry's son.

:biggums:

DaSeba5
With the Heat making the Finals the last 2 years, and winning a title, and the Canes playing like a top 5 team, this is the most fun I've had as a Miami basketball fan.

KG215
Seniors peaked late :confusedshrug: or good coaching turned nobodies into somebodies :confusedshrug: The thing with the 25 year old has happened before just not often.
I know it happens, but to have so many on one team at the same time? That's just not something you see this day and age in college basketball.

BrickingStar
02-09-2013, 04:58 PM
I know it happens, but to have so many on one team at the same time? That's just not something you see this day and age in college basketball.
Yeah I know, I think it's the change of the coaching scenery and we knows it's good. From door mat top a to 10 team (possibly top 5 after this). COTY :banana:

AlonzoGOAT
02-09-2013, 05:00 PM
With the Heat making the Finals the last 2 years, and winning a title, and the Canes playing like a top 5 team, this is the most fun I've had as a Miami basketball fan.
And this Free Agency coming up for our dolphins will make it even better for miami sports, book it :lol

DaSeba5
02-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah I know, I think it's the change of the coaching scenery and we knows it's good. From door man top a top 10 team (possibly top 5 after this). COTY :banana:

It has to be the best story in college basketball. Losing to Florida Gulf Coast, dealing with sanctions, and losing Reggie Johnson to being a top 5 team, and potetial #1 team in the country.... it's magical.

DaSeba5
02-09-2013, 05:02 PM
And this Free Agency coming up for our dolphins will make it even better for miami sports, book it :lol

Yah as much as I am enjoying this, I miss the Dolphins and Canes being good in football.

AlonzoGOAT
02-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Yep but this trio of Reggie Johnson, Kadji, gamble is one of the most physical trios I've ever seen :bowdown:

IGotACoolStory
02-09-2013, 05:17 PM
lol, our starting PG, SG, and C had a combined 6 points on 3 for 14 shooting. That PG who is 6-0, 150 lbs soaking wet had 2 more rebounds (3 total) than our starting center.

Some of these guys just aren't ready for prime time. Some of them shouldn't even be on the team.

KG215
02-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Yep but this trio of Reggie Johnson, Kadji, gamble is one of the most physical trios I've ever seen :bowdown:
Well sure, they're 3-5 years more physically developed than a lot of the players they're playing against.

It kind of reminds of me of some of the great teams you used to see in the 80's and 90's that had a bunch of grown ass men on the team before everyone that was anyone started leaving for the NBA after their freshman or sophomore season. Like dudes that I thought looked 25+ years old, except those teams are almost non-existent these days, so Miami stands out even more.

Seriously, Kadji, Gamble, and Johnson look like men playing against boys most games because, in a sense, they are men playing against boys. If Miami shoots the three ball well, I'm not sure any team in the country can beat them. Even then, they're so balanced and talented, they can still beat anyone in the country if they have an off 3P shooting game. They're legit national championship threats.

KG215
02-09-2013, 05:26 PM
lol, our starting PG, SG, and C had a combined 6 points on 3 for 14 shooting. That PG who is 6-0, 150 lbs soaking wet had 2 more rebounds (3 total) than our starting center.

Some of these guys just aren't ready for prime time. Some of them shouldn't even be on the team.
It's disheartening to see a UNC team with 2-3 players in the rotation that shouldn't ever step on the floor in a D1 basketball game wearing a UNC jersey. Jackson Simmons is Michael Copeland, except Copeland never played meaningful minutes. Simmons might be our most consistent post man. Paige should be Quentin Thomas, third string PG who sees maybe 5 minutes a game during his freshman season. I don't even know what a good comparison for Desmon Hubert is. He's not awful, because he's turned into a solid post defender when he's not playing against NBA sized frontlines like Miami.

IGotACoolStory
02-09-2013, 05:37 PM
I'll ask this again, even though he's really old, what do people think about Kadji as an NBA player?

He has an interesting game. Very athletic, can shoot the 3 well, great off the dribble, plays big... Still kind of reminds me of Channing Frye with more of a dribble game. Too bad he's older than Kevin Durant. I would still take a risk drafting him.

And because this continues to keep me awake at nights... Up until the Miami game, the UNC starting lineup efficiency in ACC action:

.................................................. .........Minutes.......Off Eff...Def Eff....Net Eff.
Paige-Strick-Bullock-McAdoo-Hubert.............67. 7.........77.6......84.3.......-6.7

Obviously it's going to be worse after this game since that starting lineup got outscored by 18 in the first few minutes of each half. Then what ever happened inbetween, which wasn't good either.

If you are wondering, higher offensive efficiency the better. Lower on defense the better. I'd say about 100 is "average" for offense. Maybe mid 90s for defense is "average".

I mean how bad off an offensive unit do you have to be to be playing such good defense and still have a negative net efficiency?

Also the other numbers which I didn't post continue to prove that Strickland and Paige SHOULD NOT be on the floor at the same time. NEVER. Paige with two shooters is fine. Strickland at PG with two shooters is even better. Together the team is in the freaking negatives!

I'm exhausted thinking about it because Roy isn't going to change the lineup. But that's not going to stop me from harping over this.

His decision to give Paige the starting position after seeing a few practices was a huge mistake. Dex starting would split minutes between those two (a good thing) at PG and open up the wing minutes for PJ (a great thing). Now we have a log jam at the position where our two best players reside. Of course both can't start because Roy isn't benching Dex.. And the most important position on team has a guy not ready for the physical aspect of the college game.

I realize the latter portion of this post came off as jibber jabber and I don't give a ****. I'm fed up with this team and the handling of it.

InspiredLebowski
02-09-2013, 06:14 PM
I know Reggie Johnson was out, but damn, that Indiana State win over Miami might be what gets em in the tourney

Jailblazers7
02-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Getting ready for Pitt vs. Cincy. If Pitt can win 2 out of the next 3 vs Cincy, Marquette, and ND then I will be pretty satisfied. I've got a little more hope for this team than a 2nd round exit after beating Syracuse.

KG215
02-09-2013, 06:23 PM
I know Reggie Johnson was out, but damn, that Indiana State win over Miami might be what gets em in the tourney
I still can't figure out how they lost by 12 to Florida Gulf Coast, even without Reggie Johnson. Of course they beat Michigan State without him, too.

InspiredLebowski
02-09-2013, 06:25 PM
I still can't figure out how they lost by 12 to Florida Gulf Coast, even without Reggie Johnson. Of course they beat Michigan State without him, too.The "fire Roy and give Steven whatever he wants" posts start yet on the UNC sites?

And to be fair, Gulf Coast isn't AWFUL, they're probably gonna win the Atlantic Sun. It's not like they're TCU.

InspiredLebowski
02-09-2013, 06:28 PM
out to the bar to prep for Purdue/Michigan State. keep it within 20 and maybe I'll want to drink instead of need to.

KG215
02-09-2013, 07:04 PM
The "fire Roy and give Steven whatever he wants" posts start yet on the UNC sites?

Yes and no. Plenty of people starting to want Roy to be fired, but that's typical UNC panicking after a loss talk. However, I do think this is the first time some usual reasonable people are starting to think it's close to time for Roy to call it quits. Not necessarily because of his coaching, though. I think a lot of it has to do with his recruiting. But even then, it was just one bad recruiting year (by UNC standards) so I'm not sure it's warranted. There's definitely plenty to be critical about when it comes to his coaching this year, too, though. We start every game with two huge offensive liabilities against everyone, and four liabilities against good teams since Paige is too weak, and McAdoo plays like a bitch against good teams.

KG215
02-09-2013, 07:12 PM
And Kansas loses their third in a row.

steve
02-09-2013, 07:15 PM
I still can't figure out how they lost by 12 to Florida Gulf Coast, even without Reggie Johnson. Of course they beat Michigan State without him, too.

Yeah, two of their three losses are kind of odd to look at, especially considering how well they've been playing the last month or so, but both Florida Gulf Coast and Indiana State aren't bad teams and it won't be surprising to see both of them in the tournament. With Kansas about to lose again, and with Michigan, Indiana, and Florida all losing this week, Miami is definitely going to get some votes for the number 1 ranking. Normally I don't care about Miami basketball but I'm a GMU fan and really like Larranaga and like to see him do well.

IGotACoolStory
02-09-2013, 07:21 PM
The "fire Roy and give Steven whatever he wants" posts start yet on the UNC sites?

Started before the season even began. Let's just say the "misses" in the last two recruiting classes is starting to add up. And the results are now showing on the floor.

Nearly all of them aren't even Roy's fault either. But someone has to be throw under the bus, it's a mob's mentality.

And, fwiw, I would rather have Smart. Stevens' teams play so much like duke... I mean hey, it's a winning formula. Doesn't mean other ways don't work. After all, duke has made it out of the Sweet 16 how many times in the last 11 seasons? Twice, I think. That's not very good at all. For all of Roy's problems, his 7 years + 1/2 season at UNC have been more successful than those 11 + 1/2 K seasons.

What's up with Kansas? :lol

Jailblazers7
02-09-2013, 07:26 PM
I can tell this is going to be a frustrating Pitt game. Dante Taylor is such an embarrassment sometimes.

christian1923
02-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Jahii carson :rockon: learn the name guys

SIRI1
02-09-2013, 08:21 PM
I believe it was their 3rd game in 3 days, after a long ass flight from Miami to Hawaii. They shot close to 30% for the game and were 0-15 from 3. Definition of dead legged and jet lag catching up to them.

Jailblazers7
02-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Very please with the way Pitt appears to hav epulled out a win. Adams played well and Woodall made some plays down the stretch. Id still like to see more production from Zeigler and Moore on the wings tho.

Lots of juniors on this team tho so we should be very solid next year.

ace23
02-10-2013, 12:13 AM
What the ****? Who's watching this Louisville-ND game? Lol at this finish.

KG215
02-10-2013, 12:57 AM
There's no way in hell Notre Dame should've even been able to get this game into OT. They were down 8 with 45 seconds to go. Then they hit a contested 3 at the end of the 2nd OT tie it up. This game has been nuts.

KG215
02-10-2013, 01:01 AM

Louisville gets fouled with about 20 seconds to go, down one, and predictably splits the FT's. Notre Dame loses control of the ball, leads to a jumpball where Louisville has possession....and now we're going to a 4th OT.

The Big East and their excessive OT games...

IGotACoolStory
02-10-2013, 01:14 AM
One player scores 12 points in the final minute :lol

Russ Smith is fun to watch, but that dude is stupid as ****.

lol tip and 5th OT.

KG215
02-10-2013, 01:22 AM
Why the hell is this Sherman guy not in Notre Dame's regular rotation? He hasn't played one minute in 4 of Notre Dame's last 6 games, and didn't at all in regulation tonight. He's got 17 points, though.

IGotACoolStory
02-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Russ Smith makes Tyrus Thomas look like Duncan in terms of basketball IQ.

If Louisville loses, a lot of the blame goes on Smith and Pitino. Louisville playing like there is no coach and Smith is leading the way.

qrich
02-10-2013, 02:30 AM
'Dors lost a heartbreaker to Long Beach State....going to make it interesting to make the BWT.

kNicKz
02-11-2013, 09:43 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21687411/uconn-big-man-enosch-wolf-suspended-following-arrest

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

IGotACoolStory
02-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Noel just went down with a knee injury. Looks serious and he's been down for a few minutes now.

SourPatchKids
02-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Erick Green showing he deserves a mention in the NPOY race.

SourPatchKids
02-12-2013, 10:26 PM
I still think that MCW should win it though.

kNicKz
02-12-2013, 10:32 PM
shabazz napier npoy

IGotACoolStory
02-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Erick Green showing he deserves a mention in the NPOY race.

Sarcasm?

Not on that shitty team.

kNicKz
02-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Sarcasm?

Not on that shitty team.
true it is a team award after all

not

IGotACoolStory
02-12-2013, 11:01 PM
true it is a team award after all

not

... His team is 11 and 13. He shot 4-17 from the field today...

I agree he deserves props and he's generally been good and rather efficient.

NPOY? Nope. And I asked sarcasm because no one celebrates a 4-17 performance in a 18 point loss. Are you serious?

SourPatchKids
02-12-2013, 11:02 PM
srsly

ukfan22
02-12-2013, 11:41 PM
:(

Dolphin
02-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Gary Harris.....Gary Harris.

InspiredLebowski
02-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Gary Harris.....Gary Harris.
:cry:

Tirico hates Dakich, it's pretty hilarious

imdaman99
02-13-2013, 12:11 AM
tim hardaway jr 1-11 for 2 pts... and they wonder why they cant get any big wins on the road in the conference :facepalm

InspiredLebowski
02-13-2013, 02:43 AM
Feel awful for Noel, hope it's nothing serious but man, that looked pretty damn bad.

And **** the age limit.

KG215
02-13-2013, 03:06 AM
Is this the first time the one-and-done rule could seriously cost a potential #1 pick? I mean if it's a serious knee injury (torn ACL, or MCL, etc.) how far does he slip in the draft? Does a team with a top 3-5 pick still take him knowing they probably aren't going anywhere next year anyway? I hate this for him. I mean I hate Kentucky almost as much as I hate Duke, and I still feel awful for the kid.

Burgz V2
02-13-2013, 04:59 AM
i said it all year, once we play michigan we would dominate them inside. Gary Harris has been the X-factor against guard oriented teams so far this season. he really let me down against IU (along with Appling) but what a performance against Michigan. So are we still gonna be slept on in the AP poll?

IGotACoolStory
02-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Any update on Noel? Interestingly, is there any chance he stays at UK if the injury is severe enough? Or perhaps a Marcus Lattimore situation.

btw, I fully expect duke to lay the hammer on UNC tonight. Like Michigan State beating Michigan type of loss.

When was the last time anyone in this rivalry was a double digit favorite? Last time I remember was the 2010 NIT season and that was a blood bath. :(

It would seriously be one of the biggest upsets in the history of the rivalry.
-2006 when Hansbrough and company beat duke on Redick's senior night was big, but I mean that was a good UNC team peaking at the right time.
-I thought last year was pretty bad on that douche bag's shot, although duke wasn't a bad team.
-2003 when UNC was unranked and duke was 10th. It was in Chapel Hill, tho.

This would be like if duke managed to beat UNC back in 1984 on Jordan's 'senior' night. UNC was (easily, imo) the best team in the country while duke wasn't ranked. That game went to double OT.

And I'm still probably going to bitch like a ***** little girl if we lose. :banana:

InspiredLebowski
02-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Noel tore his ACL, out for the year obviously

IGotACoolStory
02-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Napier said, "Syracuse leaves the Big East with a bad taste of UConn in their mouth."

:lol

kNicKz
02-13-2013, 11:21 PM
Just Got Home From The Game

We Don't Rush The Court For Slight Work

Slice The Orange

#bleedblue

#2014champions

kNicKz
02-13-2013, 11:30 PM
shabazz napier npoy

sup

KG215
02-14-2013, 12:10 AM
Clutch flop by Rasheed Sulaimon to seal the win for Duke. He's just a freshman but he's already learned how they do it at Duke.

Jailblazers7
02-14-2013, 12:21 AM
sup

He was an awesome non-factor when he came to the Peterson Events Center :D

IGotACoolStory
02-14-2013, 12:21 AM
****ing hell his team can't shoot a free throw. Even Bull and PJ missed some down the stretch. Also no idea why McAdoo stopped attacking the basket when no one could stay in front of him.

I thought UNC got their fair share of calls (especially considering where the game was played), but those ****ing refs would not call Plumlee's 5th. He fouled out of the game at least 4 times. They just spread the ****ing fouls around to everyone else to even up the total and no one fouls out.

Same shit all the time. Hess can go **** and die in a hole. How many calls did he make 35 feet away from the play?

KG215
02-14-2013, 12:34 AM
As soon as I saw Karl Hess was going to be one of the officials, I thought Vegas would be wise to add 1 to 1.5 points to the spread. Plumlee got away with a clear as day charge that would've been his 4th foul earlier in the second half and another clear as day charge later in the game that would've been his 5th foul. He was only called for four fouls and probably used 6 or 7.

Dolphin
02-14-2013, 10:50 PM
:cry:

Tirico hates Dakich, it's pretty hilarious

I love Dakich's bluntness...even if he can be outright mean at times. lol

And don't cry about Harris. Be happy that he's helping MSU win. :D

InspiredLebowski
02-15-2013, 02:42 AM

And don't cry about Harris. Be happy that he's helping MSU win. :DI'll cry until whenever Harris goes pro. That was a massive recruiting loss for Purdue. Both parents went there, mom has her number in the rafters, stayed in state with their son. Class family, good kid, all that. None of the "give me a bag of cash and my dad a job on the staff" stuff.

And Painter missed on him. MSU's obviously a top tier program, not like he went to Penn State or something, but it was a major gut check.

IGotACoolStory
02-15-2013, 03:19 AM
I'll cry until whenever Harris goes pro. That was a massive recruiting loss for Purdue. Both parents went there, mom has her number in the rafters, stayed in state with their son. Class family, good kid, all that. None of the "give me a bag of cash and my dad a job on the staff" stuff.

And Painter missed on him. MSU's obviously a top tier program, not like he went to Penn State or something, but it was a major gut check.

God, I hope the Wiggins recruitment goes similarly.

I didn't follow his recruitment, but I was always under the impression that he was going to MSU or Indiana. Didn't know the legacy stuff.

InspiredLebowski
02-15-2013, 03:53 AM
God, I hope the Wiggins recruitment goes similarly.

I didn't follow his recruitment, but I was always under the impression that he was going to MSU or Indiana. Didn't know the legacy stuff.That's what I mean. I mean I don't want to go on a rant about the program I'm the only one on this site cares about, but Purdue's seriously ****ed now. There was a minute there after the Kelvin Sampson debacle and the Hummel/Johnson/Moore class that Purdue could have really gone neck and neck with IU in the state. They'd never take over Indiana like IU's capable of (and basically have), but could have legitimately put themselves on the same level. But Painter followed that class with multiple years of just straight shit. I'm talking about the best recruits in the class being guys I've played at the local rec and at least held my own, and I barely started at a nothing high school.

The dude ****ing blew it, and the program's never going to recover. I adore Gene Keady, but capping out at an Elite 8 every 6 or so years is nowhere near good enough. IU's IU, they're going to get top tier Indiana kids, I'm just resigned to it because other than Glenn Robinson (good luck pulling a Gary kid IU) they always have, but it's not like Indiana only has 4 elite kids per class. And now Painter's letting Izzo and Pitino and Calipari and Beilein (****in John Beilein!) come in and pluck whoever they want. Shit the guy can't even outrecruit Stevens at tiny ass Butler these days.

I don't know, it's just really, really disappointing. The entire culture of Purdue University needs to get out of the 1960s, and I don't mean the fun parts of the 60s.

InspiredLebowski
02-15-2013, 04:01 AM
just had to get it out I guess lol. it's just such a bummer.

Burgz V2
02-15-2013, 08:07 AM

And don't cry about Harris. Be happy that he's helping MSU win. :D

finally :lol

kNicKz
02-16-2013, 02:23 AM
He was an awesome non-factor when he came to the Peterson Events Center :D

got fried by rutgers.....lmfao....omg

Burgz V2
02-16-2013, 04:49 AM
I'll cry until whenever Harris goes pro. That was a massive recruiting loss for Purdue. Both parents went there, mom has her number in the rafters, stayed in state with their son. Class family, good kid, all that. None of the "give me a bag of cash and my dad a job on the staff" stuff.

dont forget about Branden Dawson.

InspiredLebowski
02-16-2013, 12:29 PM
dont forget about Branden Dawson.I didn't. But I'm not upset given what I understand about his recruitment.

KG215
02-16-2013, 01:56 PM

It seems like once or twice a season some ACC opponent hits a halfcourt buzzer beater at halftime when they play UNC. A Virginia player just hit a runner a few feet in ront of halfcourt and there were UNC players all around him when he shot it. Virginia is shooting 63% from the floor and they're 8/13 from three compared to 43% and 6/17 from three for UNC and it's still a tied game.

KG215
02-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Wow...was Nerlens Noel that big of a difference maker? Kentucky is losing to Tennessee 35-14.

KG215
02-16-2013, 03:01 PM
UNC just scored 93 points against a Virginia team only giving up 52 PPG.

IGotACoolStory
02-16-2013, 03:08 PM
PJ Hairston in the lineup has changed everything. EVERYTHING.

We should have beat the #2 team in arguably the toughest environment in college basketball if the bench provides anything (let's be real, they were a negative in almost every aspect), or we aren't unusually cold from the 3pt line, or even if we just shoot a respectable ft%.

Destroyed one of the best defensive teams in the country.

-He's the alpha this team has sorely missed all year.
-The spacing opens up huge lanes for McAdoo and Dex. I mean, Dex is playing really well on offense.
-We went from 3v5 to 5v5 on offense with a single player change.
-Pressure is off Bullock to be someone he's not. He's a great role player, not the alpha.

It's amazing that we have been keeping the leading scorer on the bench.

PJ needs to focus a little bit more on defense (tends to help off way too much), but he still comes up with highlight blocks, can box out anyone with his strength, and might be the best at taking charges on this team.

Oh, and Joe Harris can ball. He's going to be a good NBA player and I'm not even sure if he's on the radar. Love his game and that's twice he's killed anyone we put on him.

kNicKz
02-16-2013, 03:37 PM
I wasn't at this nova game because of work but wow....I'm so depressed right now :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

IGotACoolStory
02-16-2013, 04:38 PM
Interesting things happening at UK. Nevermind the blowout, there's a blow up about to happen between Cal and Archie Goodwin.

And this quote just appeared...

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
Message sent. RT @TWalkerRivals: "We have a couple guys that are un-coachable," Calipari said.

KG215
02-16-2013, 05:31 PM
NC State had a 43-7 edge in FTA today against Virginia Tech.

Burgz V2
02-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Interesting things happening at UK. Nevermind the blowout, there's a blow up about to happen between Cal and Archie Goodwin.

And this quote just appeared...

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
Message sent. RT @TWalkerRivals: "We have a couple guys that are un-coachable," Calipari said.

Cal likes to get under his players skin. It makes them play harder, he does it with all his major recruits.

IGotACoolStory
02-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Cal likes to get under his players skin. It makes them play harder, he does it with all his major recruits.

I thought he does this via interviews. I heard he called Goodwin uncoachable to his face during the game.

Or perhaps he does that all the time too? :confusedshrug: I honestly don't know.

Burgz V2
02-16-2013, 06:25 PM
I thought he does this via interviews. I heard he called Goodwin uncoachable to his face during the game.

Or perhaps he does that all the time too? :confusedshrug: I honestly don't know.

Cal is always in the face of his players. Saying this to the media doesn't surprise me one bit. If scouts start to believe what he is saying is true, Goodwin will change. We all know he isn't in it for the long haul, they've already recruited over him, so he can't stay another year and have the spotlight stolen from him by the Harrison twins. Trust me, come the SEC tournament, Goodwin will act right. He HAS to.

IGotACoolStory
02-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Maryland upsets duke while committing 26 turnovers, proceeding to do the most mind numbingly stupid plays in the final 3 minutes, missing free throws, and actually calling a timeout so duke could set up a play on the final shot when they didn't have timeouts left. :lol

KG215
02-16-2013, 11:12 PM
So in other words, Maryland tried to win the game for Duke, and still f***ed up and won for themselves.

Maniak
02-17-2013, 02:21 PM
wisconsin is getting hot and ohio missing really good looks. 14-0 run for wisc damn.

16-0.

Dolphin
02-18-2013, 11:23 AM
The last few weeks of the regular season and conference tournaments are just as good as the NCAA tournament itself imo.

Big time battles for conference titles and almost guaranteed great matchups in the semis and finals of conference tournies.

Of course I have my eyes on tomorrow's big game in East Lansing...what are you guys focusing on?

IGotACoolStory
02-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Championship week is way better than the NCAA Tournament. It's my favorite time of the entire sports season.

It's not teams fighting to move on. It's teams just fighting to live, and you have it in EVERY single conference. Feels like there's basketball on 24/7. I love it.

Maryland Students Flash Mob and Harlem Shake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1qoZxWAsk8

Maryland fans are psychotic, vulgar, battery throwing, idiots... But I will miss another university in the conference that hates duke just as much as UNC does.

Burgz V2
02-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Of course I have my eyes on tomorrow's big game in East Lansing...what are you guys focusing on?

was hoping Oladipo would be out but reports are coming in that he's a go.

I'll keep it at that, don't want to get ahead of myself before this game.

Should be a crazy rematch, I'm hoping Gary Harris keeps his play up

Jailblazers7
02-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Wow, this Pitt/ND game is really bad.

And Pitt blows a 3 on 1 fastbreak.

Jailblazers7
02-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Jamie Dixon is just terrible at making in-game adjustments.

kNicKz
02-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Can somebody please explain to me how barely beating Depaul and getting absolutely waxed by Providence in the same week keeps you in the AP? Holy shit, am I high right now? Notre Dame is still ranked after last week? I'm hallucinating

InspiredLebowski
02-19-2013, 12:13 AM
was hoping Oladipo would be out but reports are coming in that he's a go.

I'll keep it at that, don't want to get ahead of myself before this game.

Should be a crazy rematch, I'm hoping Gary Harris keeps his play upYeah, I'd be pretty shocked if Oladipo didn't play. Obviously no body's the same so you never know, but it wasn't a bad ankle roll at all. If the game were close at all he'd have probably played, he was laughing on the bench and whatnot.

ILLsmak
02-19-2013, 01:58 AM
Is Miami really number 2? I can't understand that. I wonder if it's because they are in the ACC. But the thing is... the ACC is mediocre this year. If that.

-Smak

kNicKz
02-19-2013, 02:02 AM
Is Miami really number 2? I can't understand that. I wonder if it's because they are in the ACC. But the thing is... the ACC is mediocre this year. If that.

-Smak

Notre Dame was still ranked after getting completely destroyed by Providence :roll:

KG215
02-19-2013, 02:15 AM

-Smak
Can you show me a team more deserving of being ranked #2? Miami is a legit top 3-5 team right now, and I'm not sure how you could even dispute that.

kNicKz
02-19-2013, 02:45 AM
Can you show me a team more deserving of being ranked #2? Miami is a legit top 3-5 team right now, and I'm not sure how you could even dispute that.

I'm not sold on Miami. I'm pretty sure that a good big 10 team would destroy them

Burgz V2
02-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Yeah, I'd be pretty shocked if Oladipo didn't play. Obviously no body's the same so you never know, but it wasn't a bad ankle roll at all. If the game were close at all he'd have probably played, he was laughing on the bench and whatnot.

I'm hoping he's a step slower at this point. Harris needs to be on his game from the jump bottling him up, last time we played them we shutdown Zeller but Oladipo chose to have one of his best games in his college career.:facepalm

KG215
02-19-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm not sold on Miami. I'm pretty sure that a good big 10 team would destroy them
They beat Michigan State this year without Reggie Johnson.

Grinder
02-19-2013, 01:39 PM
This is the most parity I've seen in college hoops for years. Do you guys prefer 3-4 dominant teams or a wide open top 25 where anyone can beat anyone like this year?

I've really enjoyed the even playing field. The Big 10 is essentially a gauntlet or tough road games, Big East has produced several classics, Pac 12 is actually decent for the first time in years, Gonzaga, Butler and St. Mary's can play with anyone, and the Big 12, ACC, and SEC are still strong at the top

InspiredLebowski
02-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Oladipo's playing

Burgz V2
02-19-2013, 07:06 PM
1 hour to go. fasten your seat belts everyone.

Burgz V2
02-19-2013, 07:11 PM
This is the most parity I've seen in college hoops for years. Do you guys prefer 3-4 dominant teams or a wide open top 25 where anyone can beat anyone like this year?

I've really enjoyed the even playing field. The Big 10 is essentially a gauntlet or tough road games, Big East has produced several classics, Pac 12 is actually decent for the first time in years, Gonzaga, Butler and St. Mary's can play with anyone, and the Big 12, ACC, and SEC are still strong at the top

Butler is Atlantic 10.

Yea I would definitely say this year has been wide open, but at the same time it has been pretty rare for a pre-season favourite to actually come out on top at the end. Granted, a big program pretty much always wins the NCAA tourney, but more often than not its not the team everyone expected.

InspiredLebowski
02-19-2013, 08:09 PM
hope Dawson punches Sheehey

Burgz V2
02-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Costello?

Burgz V2
02-19-2013, 09:38 PM
if Appling takes another quick shot im gonna lose it

InspiredLebowski
02-19-2013, 09:45 PM
Oladipo's going to be a top 5 pick, I guarantee it. And he was ranked like 110 or something. Just goes to show you I guess.

Burgz V2
02-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Oladipo's going to be a top 5 pick, I guarantee it. And he was ranked like 110 or something. Just goes to show you I guess.

he's really learned how to slow his game down and play under control, it's been really impressive so far this season.

great athlete, gonna be a Wade type player.

KG215
02-19-2013, 09:48 PM
The more I see Payne play, the more and more I like his game. And I bet Vitale is getting killed every time he says he sees some Michael Jordan in Oladipo's game, but I get what he's getting at. Just the explosiveness and athleticism and defensive ability with a somewhat raw offensive game (skills wise) as a college player is somewhat similar. Something like a poor man's Dwyane Wade is probably a better comparison. But that might even be a stretch...I don't really know. I don't want to sound like Vitale and come off as I'm saying he's the next Wade or something, because I know Wade averaged something like 20-5-5 his last year in college while carrying Marquette to the Final Four. I really like his game, though, and he's a lot of fun to watch.

InspiredLebowski
02-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Yeah I LOVE Payne's skillset with that body, kid really needs a mean streak though

Burgz V2
02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Nix you fcuking moron

InspiredLebowski
02-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Nix just got lucky as shit

Burgz V2
02-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Nix just got lucky as shit

if that wasnt a flagrant on Nix then Watford didnt deserve his earlier. it was clearly payback for Zeller hitting him two plays before

Burgz V2
02-19-2013, 10:06 PM
omg watford

InspiredLebowski
02-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Watford even sorta looks like Big Shot Bob

Jailblazers7
02-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Tom Crean going Hulk out there lol

Burgz V2
02-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Tom Crean going Hulk out there lol

the score keepers are trying to keep this game alive :lol

KG215
02-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Michigan State had a 67-63 lead with a little over one minute to go in the game and only scored one more point the rest of the game. They were definitely poised to get the win.

InspiredLebowski
02-19-2013, 10:24 PM
helluva game, IU hadn't won in EL in 20+ years

KG215
02-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Florida up 20-9 at Missouri, who has been every bit as good at home this year as Arkansas, and Missouri is the better and more talented team. I still don't understand how Arkansas not only beat Florida, but killed them.

Burgz V2
02-19-2013, 10:31 PM
this one definitely hurts more than the last one. we had this game. cant believe Harris missed that first FT.

KG215
02-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Georgia Tech is awful. UNC didn't even play particularly well and they've got a 22 point lead late in the game. Shot 39% from the field and our two best shooters are a combined 2/11 from three. GT's 19 turnovers definitely help, though.

KG215
02-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Miami has scored 45 and 54 points their last two games and won both. Awful defense by UVA at the end then they throw the inbound pass right to Miami to seal the deal.

Oh, and Joe Harris for UVA is a stud.

ace23
02-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Miami is #2? Doesn't even look right.

IGotACoolStory
02-20-2013, 12:04 AM
How the **** do you lose Reggie Johnson?

Miami has a huge target on their back and they continue to win. If they sweep the ACC and the tournament, I bet they lose early in the NCAA Tournament.

UNC tied in 3rd in the conference with State riding their tractors to town on Saturday. After all the crap UNC has gotten from the media, they may end up finishing exactly where they were predicted to end up. :confusedshrug: