PDA

View Full Version : 2012/13 Observation Deck

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

KG215
02-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Guess I spoke too soon about Florida/Missouri. Missouri came back to get a 3 point win.

kNicKz
02-20-2013, 12:26 AM
Guess I spoke too soon about Florida/Missouri. Missouri came back to get a 3 point win.

I was just about to watch it....****....why did I click on this thread lol

IGotACoolStory
02-20-2013, 12:56 AM
2014 recruit Josh Level collapsed and died on the court tonight.

Miami received the NOA. NCAA making a move before their basketball season completes?

ILLsmak
02-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Can you show me a team more deserving of being ranked #2? Miami is a legit top 3-5 team right now, and I'm not sure how you could even dispute that.

You said number 2 then 3-5. Quite a difference. I could see them being ranked top 5, but not sure if they are one of the 5 best teams. It's easy to say, "Wait til the year is over" because odds are they won't go deep in the tourney (as it is for any team, so much can happen.)

I just mean the ACC is absolute shit so they are profiting from being in a bad conference. If Duke wasn't so highly rated... possibly overrated... then Miami wouldn't be so highly ranked, I believe.

It's interesting how the rankings work. Shit is set going into a season. You've got Kentucky at 3 and OSU at 4. Even Lou at 2 (but they're still a really good team.) Then Duke beats them and it's like OGOD. But really, those teams weren't as good as their ranking. So, their overrated ranking gets transferred to Duke, then it gets transferred to Miami because Miami shit all over Duke.

That was more of my commentary. It's not exactly based on Miami, but I do feel they aren't the 2nd best team. Maybe not even the 5th.

But hey, if they are good for them. It's nice to see someone coming out of the ACC that's not UNC or Duke.

-Smak

KG215
02-20-2013, 01:11 PM
You said number 2 then 3-5. Quite a difference. I could see them being ranked top 5, but not sure if they are one of the 5 best teams. It's easy to say, "Wait til the year is over" because odds are they won't go deep in the tourney (as it is for any team, so much can happen.)

I just mean the ACC is absolute shit so they are profiting from being in a bad conference. If Duke wasn't so highly rated... possibly overrated... then Miami wouldn't be so highly ranked, I believe.

It's interesting how the rankings work. Shit is set going into a season. You've got Kentucky at 3 and OSU at 4. Even Lou at 2 (but they're still a really good team.) Then Duke beats them and it's like OGOD. But really, those teams weren't as good as their ranking. So, their overrated ranking gets transferred to Duke, then it gets transferred to Miami because Miami shit all over Duke.

That was more of my commentary. It's not exactly based on Miami, but I do feel they aren't the 2nd best team. Maybe not even the 5th.

But hey, if they are good for them. It's nice to see someone coming out of the ACC that's not UNC or Duke.

-Smak
There's not a difference between #2 and top 3-5 this year. It's that wide-open. If you don't believe Miami is just as good as the other 10-12 teams that could be considered one of the 5 best in the country, I don't know what to tell you. They're a complete and balanced team with a lot of older experienced players. They have something like 4 or 5 players that are 23 or older. That could be an advantage come tourney time. And you may think the ACC is shit, and that's fine, but they're 13-0 in ACC play and that includes an absolute drubbing of Duke.

kNicKz
02-22-2013, 01:58 AM
In shabazz we trust

gigantes
02-22-2013, 03:02 PM
what can i say? it amused me:

http://img.izismile.com/img/img6/20130222/1000/daily_gifdump_313_19.gif

KG215
02-23-2013, 04:12 PM
I thought Miami would eventually lose an ACC game, I just thought it'd be at Duke...not at Wake Forest. On another note, a bad Wake Forest team now has home wins over Miami and NC State this year.

ace23
02-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Why is Indiana St. vs Iona a bracket buster game? Neither team is close to making the tourney.

AlonzoGOAT
02-23-2013, 04:26 PM
There's not a difference between #2 and top 3-5 this year. It's that wide-open. If you don't believe Miami is just as good as the other 10-12 teams that could be considered one of the 5 best in the country, I don't know what to tell you. They're a complete and balanced team with a lot of older experienced players. They have something like 4 or 5 players that are 23 or older. That could be an advantage come tourney time. And you may think the ACC is shit, and that's fine, but they're 13-0 in ACC play and that includes an absolute drubbing of Duke.
Thanks for the kiss of death :cry:

KG215
02-23-2013, 06:17 PM
Brilliant move, Roy. State goes 15-4 run to take a 1 point lead and he counters by putting in Luke Davis, Marcus Pagie, J.P. Tokoto, Desmond Hubert, and Jackson Simmons. Two freshmen, one sophomores, and essentially 2 walk-ons.

KG215
02-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the kiss of death :cry:
Meh...they were due a loss. I still like them and think they're a dangerous team in the tournament. Now if Miami drops something like 3 o 4 to close the regular season, I'll take it back.

Anyway, back to UNC. I guess that awful line change, where Roy put in basically the 4 worst rotation players and Marcus Paige and NC State hit back-to-back threes to cap a 21-7 run and take a 4 point lead, worked. He put the starters right back in, and they closed the game on a 24-7 run for a 15 point win. Toughest ACC schedule (gotta love the unbalanced conference schedules, right?) and sitting all alone in third place at 9-5.

I'm not counting those last 4 points State's starters scored on UNC's walk-ons. Real classy move by Gottfried, though, to press our walk-ons with his starters.

IGotACoolStory
02-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Brilliant move, Roy. State goes 15-4 run to take a 1 point lead and he counters by putting in Luke Davis, Marcus Pagie, J.P. Tokoto, Desmond Hubert, and Jackson Simmons. Two freshmen, one sophomores, and essentially 2 walk-ons.

Ironically that's what won us the game. I'm almost positive he did that because the starters were pissing him off so much on the blown defensive assignments (and mental mistakes on offense, ie rushed shots), but it led to the starters being well rested down the stretch of the game while State was running on fumes :oldlol:

Or perhaps Roy is a genius and did it on purpose with that intention. I don't give a shit. It worked.

I love this team. Those guys wanted it so bad from the opening tip. Even cool mannered Paige screamed at the top of his lungs after an and 1 in the second half. Everyone diving on the floor, pushing the pace, matching shot for shot. The energy in the game was insane. Felt like a battle where State was trying to overtake our place (not that a win would have done that) on top of the State and Roy and his team said **** no. The crowd was like a summer pro-am game.

This UNC team since PJ was inserted in the starting lineup is Sweet 16 good, with upset potential. Not saying they get that far... Roy still needs to figure out the rotations better (I think the 4 guard lineup has a bad net efficiency), the team needs to get used to defending and rebounding with one less big, etc... But this team is starting to peak at the perfect time.

Which for all the shit Roy gets, his teams almost always peak at the right time. Something that can't be said for all the other top tier coaches.

Oh yeah, go to hell State. http://www.vagowners.co.za/forums/images/smilies/middle_finger_smiley.gif

KG215
02-23-2013, 08:56 PM
How about Kendall Williams for New Mexico dropping 46? Went 10/13 from three. Shot better from three than he did from the FT line (12/17).

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330540036

kNicKz
02-23-2013, 11:58 PM
I'm not sold on Miami.

sup

SourPatchKids
02-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Aaron Craft too pesky!

bergs14
02-24-2013, 12:24 AM
Phil Pressey again.. :facepalm Just crumbles under pressure.

kNicKz
02-24-2013, 02:02 AM
UConn shot 60% tonight and 50% from the arc :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Jailblazers7
02-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Who would you guys vote as NPOY?

Interesting group of guys but my short list would prob be Plumlee, McDermitt, Otto Porter, Marcus Smart, and Trey Burke.

Anthony Bennett deserves some love too. That kid is a beast.

kNicKz
02-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Shabbaz Napier NPOY

He is having a historic season

IGotACoolStory
02-26-2013, 12:20 AM
McDermott? His stats are down almost across the board on a team that's 5-6 in their last 11 games.

He needed a Jameer Nelson type of situation and he's not getting it.

Kansas benefiting from the officials late game. I don't understand how something is blatantly a charge (and called as one) in the first 19 minutes of the half and in the last minute the refs swallow their whistles.

Jailblazers7
02-26-2013, 12:41 AM
McDermott? His stats are down almost across the board on a team that's 5-6 in their last 11 games.

Kansas benefiting from the officials late game. I don't understand how something is blatantly a charge (and called as one) in the first 19 minutes of the half and in the last minute the refs swallow their whistles.

Hes kind of a homer pick. I love that dudes game.

kNicKz
02-26-2013, 01:09 AM
If we beat georgetown by 20 points no one will even give us a look

KG215
02-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Shabbaz Napier NPOY

Yeah...your over the top biased homer shtick got old a long time ago.

kNicKz
02-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Yeah...your over the top biased homer shtick got old a long time ago.

Right because losing your entire frontcourt and bench to the draft/transfers and beating top 10 teams convincingly deserves no mention at all. Funny that you all engraved our tombstone over the summer and can't admit how wrong you were about this team

Goliath Uterus
02-26-2013, 01:31 PM

The refs called a horrible game both ways, and there was a blatant blocking foul that was called a charge on us earlier in the half. Elijah still had a friggin historic night, one of the better individual performances I can remember from recent history.

KG215
02-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Right because losing your entire frontcourt and bench to the draft/transfers and beating top 10 teams convincingly deserves no mention at all. Funny that you all engraved our tombstone over the summer and can't admit how wrong you were about this team
I don't remember saying anything bout UConn during the summer or leading up to the season. And what top 10 teams have you beat convincingly? The 8 point win over Syracuse? That was still very much a game until the lat 5 minutes or so. I mean it's not like UConn led by 15+ the whole second half. It was less than a 10 point game until late in the game.

And Napier is having a very good season, but historic? And he's not an NPOY candidate. Not a serious one anyway.

kNicKz
02-26-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't remember saying anything bout UConn during the summer or leading up to the season. And what top 10 teams have you beat convincingly? The 8 point win over Syracuse? That was still very much a game until the lat 5 minutes or so. I mean it's not like UConn led by 15+ the whole second half. It was less than a 10 point game until late in the game.

And Napier is having a very good season, but historic? And he's not an NPOY candidate. Not a serious one anyway.

IN THE PRE SEASON RANKINGS SOUTH FLORIDA WAS RANKED HIGHER THAN UCONN

Due to shabbaz:

UConn In Big east games:

#2 in scoring at 71.4 PPG
#3 in FG% at 44.8% (338/755)
#1 FT% at 75.9%
#1 3PT FG% at 38.8% (104/268)
Tied #2 A/TO
#1 TS%
#2 eFG%

#3 in 3PT FG% defense at 29.8%
#4 SPG at 7.1

PLAYERS LOST:

Andre Drummond- NBA
Alex Oriakhi- Missouri (he will be drafted late this year)
Jeremy Lamb- NBA
Michael Bradley- transfer
Roscoe Smith- transfer
Enosch Wolf- Suspension (recently, we didn't have him for Syracuse)

So beating AP teams after losing 6 critical pieces of your team doesn't make you one of the best players in the country? Not a mention for NPOY?

Napier is 8 for 12 on threes in five overtimes. He's 20 of 22 at the free-throw line. Find better OT stats, he outfights teams full of fresh recruits and NBA prospects and has us as a top 5 team in our conference....

This season isn't historic? Find 3 cases of a player with no post season and 6 missing pieces of elite talent winning like this and motivating his team to play like this simply for the love of the game. find ANY case and I'll maybe consider seeing this season as not historic

kNicKz
02-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Let's put it this way, if a couple guys on our team fouled out, we literally would not have players to put in....yet we are beating stacked teams....with kids who played 10 minutes last year starting....shabbaz not a mention NPOY? LOL

winning a game with despite the largest rebounding margin ever in a big east game isn't historic...

InspiredLebowski
02-27-2013, 08:55 AM
Cody Zeller got punked last night. I hate cliches like these, but the guy just doesn't have any sort of mean streak, he's easily taken out of his game by equal sized bigs with any sort of physicality.

Grinder
02-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Gonzaga should be the new number one next week provided they beat BYU on Thursday. I'm not completely sold on them as title contenders but I've watched most of their nationally televised games and I do like the way their team is built and their style of play. Kelly Olynyk is a legit NPOY candidate and lottery pick and there's another 3-4 NBA prospects on the team as well.

Burgz V2
02-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Shabbaz Napier NPOY

dude the homerism is so strong in your posts its not even funny

he's a good player. He is NOT having a historic season.

Jailblazers7
02-27-2013, 08:20 PM
I ****ing hate Pitt sometimes. Our offense is seriously painful to watch.

The quality of the student section at the Pete has really declined too.

Steven Adams has really been improving. He looks more comfortable on offense and his rotations on D are much better.

InspiredLebowski
02-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Michigan just lost their 1 seed, they seem like their running outta steam

Burgz V2
02-27-2013, 10:05 PM
I ****ing hate Pitt sometimes. Our offense is seriously painful to watch.

The quality of the student section at the Pete has really declined too.

Steven Adams has really been improving. He looks more comfortable on offense and his rotations on D are much better.

he's going to be a beast next year if he stays

Jailblazers7
02-27-2013, 10:24 PM
he's going to be a beast next year if he stays

He really should stay another year. He is prob a top 10 pick if he stays one more year. However, I think he comes from a poor family so NBA money might be too tempting to pass up.

Awesome comeback by UCONN. Kevin Ollie might be the national coach of the year.

Jailblazers7
02-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Damn, UCONN choked it away at the end of that 2nd OT. Tough loss. Otto Porter with the winning bucket tho only strengthens his NPOY resume.

kNicKz
02-27-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm so **** ing depressed and confused and hurt by this loss

:facepalm :facepalm

Shabazz playing through that injury was inspirational

IGotACoolStory
02-28-2013, 12:26 AM
Damn, anyone watch Texas comeback from 22 points in the second half?

Oklahoma was up by exactly 20 with 7 minutes left and now it looks like they are going to lose in OT. :oldlol:

InspiredLebowski
02-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Damn, anyone watch Texas comeback from 22 points in the second half?

Oklahoma was up by exactly 20 with 7 minutes left and now it looks like they are going to lose in OT. :oldlol:Speaking of, Kabongo bulk up big time during his suspension or that just me? I haven't been able to watch every game since he's been back or anything but kid seems like he's matured a lot, gotten a lot smarter with the ball.

bdreason
02-28-2013, 03:49 AM
I'm getting tired of the whole storming the court thing. First of all, College rankings are a joke. I'm not sure how they come up with them, but the fact that top 5 ranked teams get beat every week is enough evidence that they aren't accurate. The guy (or computer) that comes up with these ranks must be chronically embarrassed.

Tonight I saw fans the rush the court after beating like a #8 ranked College team. Has it really reached the point where any time a team beats a ranked team the fans rush the court? It feels like it's much more common now.

Burgz V2
02-28-2013, 05:06 AM
Speaking of, Kabongo bulk up big time during his suspension or that just me? I haven't been able to watch every game since he's been back or anything but kid seems like he's matured a lot, gotten a lot smarter with the ball.

yea he definitely did. I know some of his cousins who also play D1 and they are all pretty well built, he's the only "skinny" one.

he gets to the rim with ease. he controlled the game. if he's not a 1st round pick i dont know who is.

KG215
02-28-2013, 03:36 PM
So apparently teams are actually going to wear these jerseys...in real games.

http://deadspin.com/5987575/college-basketballs-new-zubaz+inspired-uniform-systems-also-have-sleeves-for-some-reason

Good job Adidas, you suck even more.

Burgz V2
02-28-2013, 03:57 PM

http://deadspin.com/5987575/college-basketballs-new-zubaz+inspired-uniform-systems-also-have-sleeves-for-some-reason

my eyes!!! burn them send them to hell!!

IGotACoolStory
02-28-2013, 04:06 PM

And I thought the uniforms Nike was making the kids wear were ugly... Looks like those zoomba (sp?) pants fad from the 80s or around there.

Burgz V2
02-28-2013, 04:16 PM
He really should stay another year. He is prob a top 10 pick if he stays one more year. However, I think he comes from a poor family so NBA money might be too tempting to pass up.

Awesome comeback by UCONN. Kevin Ollie might be the national coach of the year.

yea dude has like 17 brothers and sisters or something crazy like that if he plays well in the Big East tourney and PITT gets into the big dance and he plays well he will be gone.

Jailblazers7
02-28-2013, 06:22 PM
yea dude has like 17 brothers and sisters or something crazy like that if he plays well in the Big East tourney and PITT gets into the big dance and he plays well he will be gone.

Hopefully someone will convince him that his family will be better off in the long run if he stays a year and becomes a top 10 pick in 2014.

We do have a nice PF in this years freshman class in Mike Young. 6'8" 245 lbs and he's actually a good post player on offense so we will prob be ok without Adams but we will have a very good team if he stay.

I think James Robinson has potential. He just needs to slim down a bit and become more of a threat offensively. He plays with a nice pace.

bdreason
02-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Top 5 ranked teams have lost to unranked teams 18 times this year.

InspiredLebowski
02-28-2013, 07:54 PM
New Big East is a go, Catholic 7 + Butler and Xavier. Starts next season, gonna be a pretty good league.

KG215
02-28-2013, 08:19 PM
What is the old Big East conference going to be called? The Big East/C-USA hybrid conference...what are they going to call that? Or is the new Catholic school league going to be called something other than the Big East?

kNicKz
02-28-2013, 11:29 PM
New Big East is a go, Catholic 7 + Butler and Xavier. Starts next season, gonna be a pretty good league.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

IGotACoolStory
02-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Joe Harris is so good... Love his game. Only a junior too.

Seriously good. He should get ACC POY, so as long as UVA doesn't choke down the final stretch.

KG215
02-28-2013, 11:49 PM
If this doesn't move Joe Harris into the lead of the ACC POY race, I don't know what will. He's criminally underrated and so freakin' good.

KG215
03-01-2013, 12:02 AM
Joe Harris finishes with 36 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, 12/20 FG, 2/5 3P, 10/12 FT. Fouls out with 40 seconds to go or he might've got to 40 with some more FT's.

IGotACoolStory
03-01-2013, 12:08 AM
We have to take care of business and need Miami to win this weekend, but second place is attainable. Hrm...

steve
03-01-2013, 12:32 AM
You guys know Joe Harris doesn't even have a profile page on Draft Express. This has been baffling me all season. It's great that he put a game like this on a nationally televised game (and he didn't without really on his outside shot, which is even more impressive). Hopefully this game finally puts him on the map. And yeah, as for right now, I can't think of anyone else in the ACC that really has the same credentials that Harris has for Player of the Year.

IGotACoolStory
03-01-2013, 03:03 PM
K is a lying, butthurt, rat faced, bitch.

http://augustafreepress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/uva-duke-postgame.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=adQHaE2K5Ro
No protection huh? That's one of the most organized court storms I have seen.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/03/01/coach-k-duke-uva-court-storming/1956381/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=825997

The 66-year-old Krzyzewski stopped and hollered an F-bomb at a fan before security could drag him away. Right behind the Hall of Fame coach were his players, some cursing at fans, some ignoring it and ducking into the hallway. Assistant coach Jeff Capel went back and yelled a few curse words while another assistant coach, Steve Wojciechowski, did his best to quickly usher players into the safe area.

And this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrtvmjOCzHY

The guy is pathological. I'm so tired of how he spins crap every season and he pretty much never gets called out on it by the national media. You know what? Nevermind, he was obviously the "real victim" in all of this.

bdreason
03-01-2013, 03:40 PM
College rankings are garbage. Court storming is stupid. These teams are in the same conference, and they act like they just won the National Title.

sunsfan1357
03-01-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm getting tired of the whole storming the court thing. First of all, College rankings are a joke. I'm not sure how they come up with them, but the fact that top 5 ranked teams get beat every week is enough evidence that they aren't accurate. The guy (or computer) that comes up with these ranks must be chronically embarrassed.

Tonight I saw fans the rush the court after beating like a #8 ranked College team. Has it really reached the point where any time a team beats a ranked team the fans rush the court? It feels like it's much more common now.

Top 5 ranked teams have lost to unranked teams 18 times this year.

College rankings are garbage. Court storming is stupid. These teams are in the same conference, and they act like they just won the National Title.

I think I see a trend here.

kNicKz
03-01-2013, 11:06 PM

Why do you care? The fans got excited and rushed the court, deal with it....you're seriously mad about people rushing the court? You need a hug

Maniak
03-01-2013, 11:33 PM
anyone have any idea when theyll release the pricing for the "march madness pass" or whatever it's called?

hoping its >$10.

IGotACoolStory
03-02-2013, 12:28 AM
anyone have any idea when theyll release the pricing for the "march madness pass" or whatever it's called?

hoping its >$10.

Do they do that? I thought almost every game is on tv now that four channels air the games.

The MMOD was only 4 bucks last year. Although it was free the previous 4 or so years before that...

Maniak
03-02-2013, 03:30 PM
wow that was probably the craziest string of plays i've seen in awhile just now in the kansas game. so exciting. this looks to be a fantastic game.

Maniak
03-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Do they do that? I thought almost every game is on tv now that four channels air the games.

The MMOD was only 4 bucks last year. Although it was free the previous 4 or so years before that...
only 4 bucks last year? nice. hopefully its the same.

i dont have many tv channels. besides, streaming is the future.

qrich
03-02-2013, 04:31 PM
UCLA will take care of Arizona tonight without any issues :rockon:

CSUN won't even make the BWT, that's youth for you.

IGotACoolStory
03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Kadji is a moron. How many times can you leave a shooter wide open and not learn the lesson?

lol, Cook just made Suliamon face **** him... That was so weird.

Rose
03-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Great game.:applause:

Maniak
03-02-2013, 09:22 PM
duke/miami what an incredible game. such a frantic ending very tense

Pacers4ever
03-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Proves miami is overrated, get these guys off the top 10

Maniak
03-02-2013, 10:04 PM
i hope ucla/arizona is as good as all the other games ive watched today

SourPatchKids
03-02-2013, 10:09 PM
i hope ucla/arizona is as good as all the other games ive watched today
Will be the first game I watch. Didn't get to go watch my high school team in CCS playoffs(daddy mad about my gades) but this is the next best thing.

IGotACoolStory
03-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Proves miami is overrated, get these guys off the top 10

Really? I'm not that sold on Miami, but this game easily proves they are more legit than overrated.

They couldn't get a shot to drop from the outside (normally a good 3pt shooting team), Reggie Johnson was utterly useless, Kelly played the game of his life, and then factor in all the dook crap you have to deal with when you play in CIS.

Miami still almost came back to win it and hung around for nearly all of the game. :confusedshrug:

Oh and this:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ig0snKBq_vE/UTK48nxUV_I/AAAAAAAAAjk/a5U2hT5sLVc/s498/quinncookhump2.gif

SourPatchKids
03-03-2013, 04:55 AM
unreal

Jailblazers7
03-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Talib Zanna has been putting in work today. 10 pts and 18 rbs.

We might be able to jump up to a 4 seed in the tourney with a good Big East tournament. It's been a shaky game vs Nova but Steven Adams is out with an ankle injury.

Holy shit, Arcidiacono is on fire this game.

James Robinson hitting some big shots in clutch moments. Hit a 3 to send it to OT, 2 big FTs a minute ago, and now a dagger from the corner to clinch the win.

KG215
03-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Easily UNC's best half of basketball this season. Turned a 16-15 deficit with a little under 9 minutes to go in the half into a 46-27 halftime lead.

IGotACoolStory
03-03-2013, 03:51 PM
McAdoo with a good half. But he's no DirKelly.

KG215
03-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Well, UNC is definitely peaking at the right time. I was a little too harsh on Roy earlier in the year, which was stupid of me. He clearly knew what he was doing. He probably could've made the switch to the smallball lineup a few games sooner, but he told fans to remain patient.

There's some things Roy has always been deserving of criticism for. However, one thing he always seems to do is having his teams play their best ball in February and March. And, as a fan, that may be my favorite quality any coach can have...to have your team peaking at the right time.

ace23
03-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Man, Selection Sunday is on the 17th? I was thinking it was on the 10th. Why is it so late this year? :(

IGotACoolStory
03-03-2013, 07:19 PM
That was awful from Harris on the last play. He had no idea what to do.

SourPatchKids
03-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Heartbreaking loss for MSU.

Burgz V2
03-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Gary Harris self destructed on us, he played so well until the last minute.

Trey Burke is a stud.

Good news is we shot 36% and only lost by 1

KG215
03-04-2013, 08:59 PM
I think Roy may finally "be back" recruiting wise. His 2014 class is off to an excellent start. Got a commitment from 5-star PG Joel Berry about a month ago, and got another commitment from 5-star SF Justin Jackson today.

IGotACoolStory
03-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Supposedly something big is going down in the next two weeks as well. We will see.

The dook game is going to be one of the most important games UNC has played in a while, recruiting wise. Everyone is showing up at the game for their OV or UV. Namely Wiggins, but also Vaughn, Kennard, amongst others.

FSU had their chance. I heard the visit at UK wasn't so great for Wiggins. He's at KU right now as we speak. I'm watching the game between KU and Texas Tech and it's a 63-33 game.. Even I have to admit Phog is probably the best environment in college basketball, so that the game is a blowout against a shitty team helps.

imo, there's nothing like celebrating on Franklin Street after beating dook. A great game and breakfast with Roy could go a long way. Likely still a long shot, tho. However, I think Roy moving to the small ball (which he would have to play again next year if PJ and Reggie return and a Wiggins commitment) might be more influential than some think. That's our wildcard.

oh, anyone watching the UConn-Notre Dame women's game? That one ND girl is pretty cute...

KG215
03-05-2013, 02:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RghZvsw.gif

:oldlol:

ILLsmak
03-05-2013, 02:25 AM
zags oya

-Smak

InspiredLebowski
03-05-2013, 03:34 AM
oh, anyone watching the UConn-Notre Dame women's game? That one ND girl is pretty cute...Skylar Diggins? That's how we grow em in Indiana, cute girls that will light you up one on one.

Anyway, Gonzaga's #1 obviously. Purdue has more top 25 wins than them, and Purdue'll be lucky to make the NIT. I really wish so much emphasis weren't put on rankings, at least not with this just "welp, vote for you who think's good" formula. I mean I'm sure we all read plenty of college hoops writers and whatnot, they're mostly idiots. That's who decides the rankings.

kNicKz
03-05-2013, 10:22 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2274057/stjohnfight2_medium.gif

ILLsmak
03-06-2013, 03:18 AM
Skylar Diggins? That's how we grow em in Indiana, cute girls that will light you up one on one.

Anyway, Gonzaga's #1 obviously. Purdue has more top 25 wins than them, and Purdue'll be lucky to make the NIT. I really wish so much emphasis weren't put on rankings, at least not with this just "welp, vote for you who think's good" formula. I mean I'm sure we all read plenty of college hoops writers and whatnot, they're mostly idiots. That's who decides the rankings.

Yeah, and the whole big name thing. But it's less about wins than it is about losses.

That's why LOSING TO IOWA is unacceptable. I bet looking at the last 2 Illini games, they would have been better off winning at Iowa and losing at OSU( which we will prolly do anyway, but who knows) than the other way around even though OSU just beat indy and has a great team.

Sad shit. But I guess when you come out and lose a game you're supposed to win, people overreact.

Long story short, 2 losses and you're number 1 when everyone else has 4+. I'm happy for them, though, because they have never been number 1. Gotta be great for their team even if they will likely get smashed in the tourney lol.

-Smak

KG215
03-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Don't know if we'll beat Duke on Saturday, but just another day at the office tonight for UNC. Go on the road and get a sound win over a desperate Maryland team. Led by double digits most of the second half aside of one quick run where Maryland cut it to 6. UNC pushed it right back to 11 or 12, though, and that was pretty much ballgame.

From an 0-2 start in ACC to play to a 12-5 conference record and 6 straight wins. This season, regardless of how the rest of it plays out, certainly ranks up there among the best of Roy's coaching jobs.

IGotACoolStory
03-06-2013, 10:06 PM
I remember watching early last season and couldn't wait for PJ and Reggie to become our starting wing combo. Of course that was when PJ was hot, and then he went in a ridiculous slump for like the last 85% of the games.

But, oh boy, those two can ball. North Carolina grown kids too! Got to love that.

I'll tell you what... Some team is going to get a very good player late in the first round with Reggie Bullock. This draft or next. The guy almost never makes a mistake (although this game wasn't his prime example) on either end of the floor, pretty talented at the simple pass, deadly spot up shooter, good at freeing himself, never forces a shot, tremendous rebounder, arguably the best defensive player in the ACC, if not one of in the country... All at 6-7 for the SG position.

The list goes on. I just named the obvious stuff. He's truly a throw back Dean Smith type of player, and I love it.

KG215
03-07-2013, 12:33 AM
I take back every good thing I said about Miami. They just lost at home...to Georgia Tech. They're really not playing good basketball the last few weeks. Had a chance to clinch the outright ACC regular season championship tonight, and lost at home to a bad Georgia Tech team. It's starting to look more and more like they peaked too soon.

InspiredLebowski
03-07-2013, 03:25 AM
They won, but I would not be surprised at all if Michigan doesn't make it past the first weekend of the tourney after that Purdue game. They're pretty damn soft defensively, especially on the perimeter. Terone Johnson, who's a nice player but nothing incredible or anything, just went the hell off and dominated for 32 points. Michigan had no answer for anything, if it weren't for Trey Burke playing like the potential Wooden winner he is (after a pretty crap first first half) in the last 10 or so minutes Michigan loses fairly convincingly.

Also, I know I'm probably the only guy that knows who he is, but Raphael Davis is going to be All Big Ten at some point in his career. I don't think he has much pro potential, just not enough of an athlete, but I love his game. Really smart ballplayer that does so much intangible stuff you don't see in the boxscore.

InspiredLebowski
03-07-2013, 03:40 AM
I take back every good thing I said about Miami. They just lost at home...to Georgia Tech. They're really not playing good basketball the last few weeks. Had a chance to clinch the outright ACC regular season championship tonight, and lost at home to a bad Georgia Tech team. It's starting to look more and more like they peaked too soon.Remember when Georgia Tech was a fairly formidable program?

Burgz V2
03-07-2013, 05:22 AM
Remember when Georgia Tech was a fairly formidable program?

They lost Hewitt to George Mason, so there will probably be a recruiting lull for them for a couple of years

kNicKz
03-07-2013, 04:10 PM
UConn right now:

Shabbaz Napier (Starting PG, BEPOY candidate, 2011 champion)- out with fractured right foot, which he had surgery on last summer

Niels Giffey (6th man, #1 defender on the team, 2011 champion)- out with broken finger

Omar Calhoun (starting SF, top scorer, high recruit,)- playing with sprained wrist

Tyler Olander (Starting C, 2011 champion)- out with injured foot, last seen in crutches

Enosch Wolf (Backup C, only 7 footer, solid rebounder, 2011 champion)- suspended due to arrest

add this to losing 4 players last summer ( 2 NBA Calibur, one a national champion)

Why is this happening to us right now? We are an injury away from playing the waterboy.

:cry:

This only means one thing

TOLKSDORF TAKEOVER

http://binaryapi.ap.org/010439bcbaad4cf09cf61f252607ed02/940x.jpg

chips93
03-07-2013, 08:15 PM
I take back every good thing I said about Miami. They just lost at home...to Georgia Tech. They're really not playing good basketball the last few weeks. Had a chance to clinch the outright ACC regular season championship tonight, and lost at home to a bad Georgia Tech team. It's starting to look more and more like they peaked too soon.

they played duke really tough, that doesnt count as playing good basketball?

Grinder
03-07-2013, 08:28 PM
they played duke really tough, that doesnt count as playing good basketball?

He probably means "good basketball" overall during these past few weeks and rather than just a single game and he's right. The last few weeks they've had to squeak out last second wins against unranked teams that won't be in the NCAA tournament and have two poor losses.

I'd say giving them a 2 seed if a long shot unless they win the ACC tourney.

IGotACoolStory
03-07-2013, 09:55 PM
And Snaer hits another game winner.

KG215
03-08-2013, 03:47 AM
He probably means "good basketball" overall during these past few weeks and rather than just a single game and he's right. The last few weeks they've had to squeak out last second wins against unranked teams that won't be in the NCAA tournament and have two poor losses.

I'd say giving them a 2 seed if a long shot unless they win the ACC tourney.
Pretty much this. Right after I defended Miami, calling them a legit contender, they've gone on a two week stretch of really uninspiring basketball for a "contender." First it was narrowly escaping a really bad Clemson team in Clemson. Then they barely beat squeaked out a win over UVA where the game was basically and literally given/thrown to them. Then they get blown out by a bad Wake Forest team and lose at home last night to a bad Georgia Tech team. Right now, they're trending in the wrong direction, while two other ACC teams -- Duke and UNC -- are trending up. I know Miami destroyed UNC a few weeks ago and beat them in Chapel Hill without Reggie Johnson, but I'd still almost be as comfortable at this point penciling in UNC further in my bracket than Miami.

And on the FSU/Virginia game, that sews up the 3rd spot for UNC in the ACC. After what started off looking like another 2010 season, lots of criticism of Roy Williams (in hindsight it was very foolish criticism), and criticism of the team, and UNC is going to finish exactly where they were predicted to finish. As for Virginia, they've gone from all but guarantee themselves a spot in the ACC tournament to possibly being squarely on the bubble and the outside looking in after back-to-back losses to Boston College and Florida State. They really, REALLY need to beat Maryland at home on Sunday.

kNicKz
03-08-2013, 04:00 AM
UNC is underrated right now, they need to go hard on Duke and make a statement

IGotACoolStory
03-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Actually if we lose and State wins their last game @FSU, I think we drop to the 4 seed. They own the tie breaker over us because we would have lost twice to duke while they have a win.

Doesn't matter either way as the only thing you want in the ACC Tournament is that first day bye. Which is what the top 4 seeds get.

As to whom I would rather face: duke or Miami.. Who cares. Miami is slumping and, with hindsight, I honestly believe this team should have won in Cameron and probably should win tomorrow. Miami, though, because I don't like the risk of losing to duke. They do seem to blow their load in the ACCT every year. And they still might win tomorrow no matter what I feel, potentially giving them a 3 game sweep. Although Miami is just a worse match up for us, even post lineup change.

Here are the Sagarin Predictor Values for the games since PJ first became a starter:

(1) AT Dook: 90.50 pure points (expected performance by a #6 team)
(2) VS UVA : 94.09 pure points (expected performance by a #2 team)
(3) AT GT : 94.51 pure points (expected performance by a #2 team)
(4) VS NCSU: 92.40 pure points (expected performance of a #4 team)
(5) AT CLEM: 90.18 pure points (expected performance of a #8 team)
(6) VS FSU : 91.80 pure points (expected performance of a #5 team)
(7) AT UMD : 96.07 pure points (expected performance of a #1 team)

Rose
03-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Nobody outside of the 3 Tigers fans on ISH cares, but DJ Stephens a really beloved Tiger (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/mar/08/stephens-final-memphis-home-game-celebrates-in/?partner=RSS)has his senior day today. He's got a good story.

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Nobody outside of the 3 Tigers fans on ISH cares, but DJ Stephens a really beloved Tiger (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/mar/08/stephens-final-memphis-home-game-celebrates-in/?partner=RSS)has his senior day today. He's got a good story.

DJ Stephens is gonna make it to the league on athleticism alone that guy is the true definition of a freak athlete

KG215
03-09-2013, 02:24 PM
What's happened to Syracuse? They've fallen to 17th in the top 25 and Georgetown is starting to put it on 'em. Didn't realize they were struggling this much.

KG215
03-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Florida hit a 3 to take a 57-50 lead with 7:36 to go in the game and didn't score again. Kentucky scored the last 11 points of the game to keep their tournament hopes alive.

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 04:07 PM
What's happened to Syracuse? They've fallen to 17th in the top 25 and Georgetown is starting to put it on 'em. Didn't realize they were struggling this much.

they lost a few of high profile matchups this year, UCONN, Louisville, the already lost to Georgetown once so this will make it twice. Not to mention that Temple game when Khalif Wyatt lit them up at the Garden. They have only lost 6 times (tonight will be seven) but it seems like much more because of who they are losing to. TBH they will only go as far as their zone takes them, they can't compete at a high level consistently playing zone.

Who you guys got for tonight's game? Haven't watched ACC much other than a couple U games, not really sure what to expect.

kNicKz
03-09-2013, 05:46 PM
UConn pulls the OT win yet again with half the starting lineup injured.

Thank you, Shabbaz

AMAZING season from UConn , the aftergame ceremony was very emotional for the team

Rose
03-09-2013, 06:56 PM
DJ Stephens is gonna make it to the league on athleticism alone that guy is the true definition of a freak athlete
He may be a freak athlete, but I don't think he'll be lucky like Jeremy Evans was.

KG215
03-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Thank you Florida State. And congrats on your season NC State. From preseason top 5 to an 11-7 record and 4th place ACC finish.

IGotACoolStory
03-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Thank you Florida State. And congrats on your season NC State. From preseason top 5 to an 11-7 record and 4th place ACC finish.

Wuffie fan thrown out of that game for throwing a bottle on the court... At CJ Leslie :roll:

They actually can still finish 5th in the ACC if UVA beats Maryland tomorrow.

KG215
03-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Wuffie fan thrown out of that game for throwing a bottle on the court... At CJ Leslie :roll:

They actually can still finish 5th in the ACC if UVA beats Maryland tomorrow.
That sounds exactly like something one of their fans would do.

And yeah, I was just about to come back and say they could end finishing 5th in the ACC and not getting a 1st round bye in the ACCT.

KG215
03-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Seth Curry has 15 points and hasn't missed a shot yet. He's so hot, he was falling down and just threw the ball up towards the basket and it went in. Duke as a team is 13/16 from the floor. Unbelievable. I mean this about as well as a team could possibly play. Figures these dickheads from dook would pull this out of their ass against UNC in the Dean Dome.

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Seth Curry has 15 points and hasn't missed a shot yet. He's so hot, he was falling down and just threw the ball up towards the basket and it went in. Duke as a team is 13/16 from the floor. Unbelievable. I mean this about as well as a team could possibly play. Figures these dickheads from dook would pull this out of their ass against UNC in the Dean Dome.

yea i saw that, his butt almost touching the floor :bowdown:

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 10:28 PM
what the hell is UNC doing on offense? they got bailed out on that foul at the three point line, but damn its one pass-shot every time down the floor

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
this would be a bad night to get blown out at home, Andrew Wiggins in the building...

KG215
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
This isn't anywhere close to the same UNC team from the last 6 games. And Duke's defense has very little to do with it. We're missing easy shots, making really stupid passes, and are playing tight. And Duke building this lead has almost nothing to do with Ryan Kelly either, so you can't tell me it's all because they got Ryan Kelly back. Seth Curry has made everything he's thrown up and, in general, Duke just can't miss right now.

KG215
03-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Yeah...this is just shaping up to be one of those "throw it out the window" anomaly games for UNC where you can't harp on it and just have to move on without dwelling on it and getting too upset. Our best shooters are missing wide-open three's now. Far and away the worst we've played at home this year, and it's right up there with the Indiana and Butler games back in November and December.

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 10:40 PM
This isn't anywhere close to the same UNC team from the last 6 games. And Duke's defense has very little to do with it. We're missing easy shots, making really stupid passes, and are playing tight. And Duke building this lead has almost nothing to do with Ryan Kelly either, so you can't tell me it's all because they got Ryan Kelly back. Seth Curry has made everything he's thrown up and, in general, Duke just can't miss right now.

Duke is on fire but other than that one deflection that went into the backcourt, the shot clock has never gone below 25 seconds for UNC. Easy shots? Maybe. Good shots? no not really.

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 10:50 PM
well, it couldn't get any worse for UNC. That's about the only good thing to take away from the first half.

KG215
03-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Duke is on fire but other than that one deflection that went into the backcourt, the shot clock has never gone below 25 seconds for UNC. Easy shots? Maybe. Good shots? no not really.
We've missed 2 or 3 wide-open threes and a few chippies around the rim. I didn't mean to make it sound like every shot UNC took was an easy shot that they just missed. For the most part, the shot selection was as bad as I've seen it all year. I don't know how to explain it, either, because we haven't looked like that on offense since before ACC play started.

IGotACoolStory
03-09-2013, 11:14 PM
UNC is not this bad and duke isn't this good.

It's a freak of perfect storms. ****ing christ.

Embarrassing game. At least show some fight.

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 11:19 PM
We've missed 2 or 3 wide-open threes and a few chippies around the rim. I didn't mean to make it sound like every shot UNC took was an easy shot that they just missed. For the most part, the shot selection was as bad as I've seen it all year. I don't know how to explain it, either, because we haven't looked like that on offense since before ACC play started.

from what I'm seeing everything is east-west, or a quick shot. There is not penetration, there is no one making themselves known in the paint.

btw, McAdoo should be ashamed of himself, Plumlee is looking like an NBA player out there and that's not a compliment to Plumlee's play, McAdoo's defence is AWFUL tonight

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 11:25 PM
not like UNC was ever really in the running, but I'll bet a shiny penny they just lost all chances to nab Andrew Wiggins

KG215
03-09-2013, 11:28 PM
from what I'm seeing everything is east-west, or a quick shot. There is not penetration, there is no one making themselves known in the paint.

btw, McAdoo should be ashamed of himself, Plumlee is looking like an NBA player out there and that's not a compliment to Plumlee's play, McAdoo's defence is AWFUL tonight
That's the thing, too...McAdoo played pretty good defense on him at Duke. Even on some of the possessions where we didn't double down and guarded him one-on-one. There's almost nothing about this game that I've seen that coincides with the last 6 UNC games.

Like IGotACoolStory said, UNC isn't this bad and Duke isn't this good. It sucks because it's Duke and it's senior night in the Dean Dome, but the gap between these two teams isn't this large. Props to Duke tonight, though, or severely outplaying us and kicking our ass.

Burgz V2
03-09-2013, 11:47 PM
That's the thing, too...McAdoo played pretty good defense on him at Duke. Even on some of the possessions where we didn't double down and guarded him one-on-one. There's almost nothing about this game that I've seen that coincides with the last 6 UNC games.

Like IGotACoolStory said, UNC isn't this bad and Duke isn't this good. It sucks because it's Duke and it's senior night in the Dean Dome, but the gap between these two teams isn't this large. Props to Duke tonight, though, or severely outplaying us and kicking our ass.

they just didn't play together tonight. They panicked early after Seth Curry caught fire. Pretty much shot themselves out of the game, they really didn't need to take that many jumpers.

Seems like youre a UNC fan, is Dexter Strickland REALLY this bad???:biggums:

IGotACoolStory
03-10-2013, 12:40 AM
Amazingly this is the first time Roy has EVER lost on senior night. At KU or UNC.

Figure the streak breaks with this class.

re: Dex, I still believe Roy did a big disservice by playing him at SG his entire career. He's not much of a PG either, but his upside is better at that position and he would be a much better player today if he had been playing PG the last 3+ seasons.

Before today since the lineup change, his assist to turnover ratio was something like 40+ and 3. Or close to that.

And I still want another shot at duke.

ace23
03-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Belmont deserves a single-digit seed.

5-3 against the RPI top-100. RPI #22.

kNicKz
03-10-2013, 03:17 AM
UNC tonight...

what a mockery :roll: :roll:

kNicKz
03-10-2013, 12:44 PM
All-BIG EAST First Team: Shabazz Napier (UConn); Otto Porter (GU); Gorgui Dieng (LOU); Russ Smith (LOU); Jack Cooley (ND); Bryce Cotton (PC)

imdaman99
03-10-2013, 05:52 PM
anyone watching this heavyweight fight. indiana at michigan? 1 pt game 8 mins left. someone else flip it on :mad:

imdaman99
03-10-2013, 05:59 PM
trey burke gonna be the real deal. he's a great passer as long as a great shooter.
any weakness, it's his size. only 6' tall, which nowadays is an undersized PG in the NBA

michigan up 2 with 4 mins left

imdaman99
03-10-2013, 06:19 PM
OMFG... michigan goes 1-4 on FTs and misses 2 one and ones... i fckin hate that 1 and 1 shit. choked away a 4 pt lead with 50 seconds left. missed easy tap ins at the end. fckin wtf. played some bad d, and gave up too many offensive rebounds. zeller owned them at the end. fckin sad as fck. lol im so mad.

JerrySteakhouse
03-10-2013, 06:31 PM
My phone was blowing up, just heard about the choke job Michigan pulled off... Got any highlights yet??

InspiredLebowski
03-11-2013, 12:00 AM
trey burke gonna be the real deal. he's a great passer as long as a great shooter.
any weakness, it's his size. only 6' tall, which nowadays is an undersized PG in the NBA

michigan up 2 with 4 mins leftSomebody needs to get that kid in the film room and teach him shot selection. He Brandon Jennings Jr. right now.

SourPatchKids
03-11-2013, 08:05 PM
The last Big East tournament ever held should be a grand one.

ace23
03-11-2013, 09:00 PM
FIU just got the ball back and cut it to two after a terrible offensive foul call on WKU. It feels like the ref was just trying to keep the game exciting. :oldlol:

Jailblazers7
03-11-2013, 09:10 PM
The last Big East tournament ever held should be a grand one.

Sad to see it end. Lots of great memories over the past decades from the Big East tournament.

Grinder
03-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Kelly Olynyk is a hell of a player. I've watched most of his games this year and the improvements he made during his redshirt year are unbelievable. His skill set is so polished and while he's not a freak athlete, he makes up for it with top notch agility and coordination for a 7 footer. He does a great job reading the game and making smart decisions on both ends of the floor and never seems to force anything. I'd take him in the top 10 without hesitation if I was in need of a big man.

It's a shame that playing in the WCC is keeping him out of NPOY discussions because he's as good as anyone in there.

I like Matthew Dellavadova from St. Mary's quite a bit as well. He reminds me of a young Jose Calderon and is a fiery player that guys love to play with.

Burgz V2
03-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Kelly Olynyk is a hell of a player. I've watched most of his games this year and the improvements he made during his redshirt year are unbelievable. His skill set is so polished and while he's not a freak athlete, he makes up for it with top notch agility and coordination for a 7 footer. He does a great job reading the game and making smart decisions on both ends of the floor and never seems to force anything. I'd take him in the top 10 without hesitation if I was in need of a big man.

It's a shame that playing in the WCC is keeping him out of NPOY discussions because he's as good as anyone in there.

I like Matthew Dellavadova from St. Mary's quite a bit as well. He reminds me of a young Jose Calderon and is a fiery player that guys love to play with.

I used to play with him when we were kids! His dad used to coach University of Toronto and did some work with the national team before they moved out west. His mom played too, and his sister was also a standout in HS. He always played up 3 or 4 years but was still one of the tallest kids on the team.

A lot of Canadians have been going south to play HS ball but it's nice to see Olynyk doing it the old fashioned way. Academic All-American as well fyi.

KG215
03-11-2013, 11:34 PM
If OKC keeps the Toronto pick, I think I'd rather them take Olynyk over Len, Austin, or Gobert. That's how high I am on him. His ceiling isn't as high as any of those three probably, but I like him a lot more than those three right now. OKC needs someone who can help now and not another project to waste away on the bench.

IGotACoolStory
03-12-2013, 03:15 PM
The more I watch these bigs, the less I'm a fan of their NBA prospects. The only one who has improved (for me) over the season has been Cauley. And that's just because he's getting more burn with Noel down.

I still really like what Austin brings to the table, but he's too damn perimeter oriented. It's the kiss of death for guys like him, imo. Like Anthony Randolph. These guys need to learn how to play on the block before they go pro. Too bad they won't.

ace23
03-13-2013, 01:01 AM
All these people on Twitter are on Nate Wolters's dick after his performance in the Summit Championship game. He did not impress me at all, has no chance of making an NBA roster. He's very slow, unathletic, and does not have the size to make up for those deficiencies. Won't sniff the league.

ace23
03-14-2013, 12:51 PM
I was just going to post that Cincinatti had only managed to put 8 points on the board after 15 minutes of play, then they go and hit threes on three consecutive possessions. :lol

Cashmere Wright has made his last three three point attempts, and two of them were well beyond NBA three point range.

KG215
03-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I turned the game one and Cincinnati was down 24-8 with about 5 minutes to go in the first half. And now it's tied 31-31 not even 2 minutes into the second half. Impressive run they're on right now.

Burgz V2
03-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Georgetown is clicking on defence, JTIII has really put together a tough team to beat.

IGotACoolStory
03-14-2013, 02:02 PM
So I guess that is why Hanlan won ACC FOY. 41 points on 14-18 shooting. :eek: Oh, and he's Canadian.

Illinois and Minnesota coming down to the wire. Who is calling the game?

Oh hi, Gus Johnson. Illinois wins at the buzzer. Dat Gus :bowdown: The NCAA Tournament misses you.

Burgz V2
03-14-2013, 02:37 PM
So I guess that is why Hanlan won ACC FOY. 41 points on 14-18 shooting. :eek: Oh, and he's Canadian.

Illinois and Minnesota coming down to the wire. Who is calling the game?

Oh hi, Gus Johnson. Illinois wins at the buzzer. Dat Gus :bowdown: The NCAA Tournament misses you.

Yea Hanlan is definitely one of the best shooters in college basketball, he's going to surprise a lot of people next year

Burgz V2
03-14-2013, 02:47 PM
man Steven Adams is massive

IGotACoolStory
03-14-2013, 03:04 PM
man Steven Adams is massive

That guy has the ****ing biggest head I have ever seen. I feel bad for his mother.

Burgz V2
03-14-2013, 03:07 PM
That guy has the ****ing biggest head I have ever seen. I feel bad for his mother.

have you seen his feet/hands? Dude looks like he's about to grow again

ace23
03-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Wait, what did Richmond do in those 5 seconds to blow a 3-point lead? I know that dude threw another player and got a tech. What happened next?

Burgz V2
03-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Wait, what did Richmond do in those 5 seconds to blow a 3-point lead? I know that dude threw another player and got a tech. What happened next?

they fouled on the inbound and the ref called an intentional. So that's two shots and the ball. Then the coach got a technical which is another two shots.

Burgz V2
03-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Penn State hanging around on Michigan, can they pull off the upset? as an MSU fan, I hope they somehow go on a 30-0 run and blow them out of the water lolll

Burgz V2
03-14-2013, 03:57 PM
ok nvm :lol

KG215
03-14-2013, 04:44 PM
James Southerland is now 12/15 from three in 2 games in the Big East Tournament. Pitt fought back and had a FT with a chance to tie the game 48-48, but missed.

Jailblazers7
03-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Classic Pitt postseason basketball. Trail big in the first half, rally hard, and then lose by a basket. Expect more of this in the NCAA.

Burgz V2
03-14-2013, 05:58 PM
Classic Pitt postseason basketball. Trail big in the first half, rally hard, and then lose by a basket. Expect more of this in the NCAA.

that last TO was brutal, but Adams and Zanna really dont have the passing ability to free each other underneath. Syracuse was extending their zone leaving HUGE space at the free-throw line and short-corner but they never wanted to make that extra bounce pass. Adams made a strong finish a couple times when they took the short corner away and he drove, but other than that, he did not look comfortable at all in the high post. Still so raw.

Burgz V2
03-14-2013, 05:59 PM
oh and James Sutherland hitting three after three doesnt help either

Jailblazers7
03-14-2013, 07:06 PM
that last TO was brutal, but Adams and Zanna really dont have the passing ability to free each other underneath. Syracuse was extending their zone leaving HUGE space at the free-throw line and short-corner but they never wanted to make that extra bounce pass. Adams made a strong finish a couple times when they took the short corner away and he drove, but other than that, he did not look comfortable at all in the high post. Still so raw.

Yeah, he still needs to build confidence and get comfortable on the court. I think he will be much better next year if he doesn't leave. The game will slow down for him and he will be able to let his talent shine more.

We have a recruit named Mike Young coming in next season who is a PF with some actual skills on the block. I'm excited to have a big who is more than a long athlete. Zanna should be better because he actually has some skill but he doesn't really play like a big, except that he rebounds very aggressively.

Burgz V2
03-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Bill Raftery just said "sorry but I just love penetration so much..." and the color guy doing the game let out a little laugh LOLLLL sometimes I wonder if he does it on purpose

Burgz V2
03-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Yeah, he still needs to build confidence and get comfortable on the court. I think he will be much better next year if he doesn't leave. The game will slow down for him and he will be able to let his talent shine more.

We have a recruit named Mike Young coming in next season who is a PF with some actual skills on the block. I'm excited to have a big who is more than a long athlete. Zanna should be better because he actually has some skill but he doesn't really play like a big, except that he rebounds very aggressively.

Zanna has a good motor and runs really well but he doesn't really finish well in traffic, aside from that and-one at the end and the one where he clearly got fouled but not called, he kept bringing the ball down and getting swarmed he needs to use his length and keep the ball above his head. Dude came to play though he was really running the floor hard, it's hard to do when Syracuse was basically playing small the whole game.

PITT will be really good next year, too bad Woodall is a senior

Jailblazers7
03-14-2013, 07:40 PM
I actually don't mind Woodall leaving. Robinson will play point full time and take it to the next level and we get to give some of our wing player more minutes. JJ Moore has had to play out of position a bit and Zeigler has talent but could never get into a rhythm because of limited minutes.

Woodall is a good player but I just think the way hit fits into the roster doesn't mesh well.

InspiredLebowski
03-15-2013, 09:27 AM
So these (http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Victor-Oladipo-84192) were (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Trey-Burke-81659) the (arguably obviously) two best players in college basketball this year.

Rankings are stupid.

ILLsmak
03-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Wow @ Illinois getting roasted. I knew it would happen, though. Couldn't even watch it seriously. I wished they had come harder. I turned it on again late just in time to see dude pull off that 360. The only part about that that makes me mad is the fact they had 3 players under the rim and we didn't even have one guy across half court.

Gonna be sad shit if/when we lose in the first round. Such a talented team... even well built, but our guys are ****ing up, missing shots and playing like *******; Abrams is shitting the bed. We can't just expect BP to bail us out every time.

-Smak

ILLsmak
03-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Bill Raftery just said "sorry but I just love penetration so much..." and the color guy doing the game let out a little laugh LOLLLL sometimes I wonder if he does it on purpose

Double post. Of course. They is a ton of innuendo/ double entendre. The guys who did it the best are the most popular. Marv Albert is always talking about penetration, too.

That's why I liked Dickie V cuz he was not on that shit.

Dude in Illini game said, "Indiana beats people when they spurt on them." It's like wut...

Edit: ONIONS.

-Smak

SourPatchKids
03-15-2013, 03:46 PM
So these (http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Victor-Oladipo-84192) were (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Trey-Burke-81659) the (arguably obviously) two best players in college basketball this year.

Rankings are stupid.
Agreed

ace23
03-15-2013, 03:49 PM
Their HS Sr. rankings are irrelevant. They're not freshmen.

Burgz V2
03-15-2013, 03:54 PM
anyone watching Michigan v Wisconsin? Pretty good game right now, really competitive/physical without all the chippy stuff, just two teams bustin their asses great to watch

Burgz V2
03-15-2013, 04:12 PM
upset alert

Burgz V2
03-15-2013, 04:17 PM
nope, 9-0 run they right back in it, wow trey burke is a stud

imdaman99
03-15-2013, 04:29 PM
game over, michigan loses another close one. burkes the only one who gets the ball down the stretch. for someone thats gonna be a lottery pick, he doesnt come up with these huge clutch buckets.

plus their big men are scrubs. will be out in the 2nd round, if not 1st.

glenn robinsons kid is a scrub, so is al horfords bro. tim hardaways aint bad, but he has pulled many disappearing acts.

Burgz V2
03-15-2013, 04:32 PM
game over, michigan loses another close one. burkes the only one who gets the ball down the stretch. for someone thats gonna be a lottery pick, he doesnt come up with these huge clutch buckets.

plus their big men are scrubs. will be out in the 2nd round, if not 1st.

glenn robinsons kid is a scrub, so is al horfords bro. tim hardaways aint bad, but he has pulled many disappearing acts.

clutch enough? im an MSU fan but I'll be the first to say he was the only reason why the lead isn't double what it is, he went on a personal 8-0 run to bring them back in the game :wtf:

imdaman99
03-15-2013, 04:42 PM
clutch enough? im an MSU fan but I'll be the first to say he was the only reason why the lead isn't double what it is, he went on a personal 8-0 run to bring them back in the game :wtf:
yeah against MSU... also on defense too that game

but all their close losses. he choked a FT on a 1 and 1 last week against indiana with like 30 seconds left, he missed a go ahead shot against OSU earlier. he got outplayed by craft. basically all their close losses, he hasn't played well especially at the end of the game. this game he helped bring them back, but in general he got outplayed by the jackson kid.

im a fan of his cuz hes on michigan, and hes the only reason michigan is highly rated, but he has not come up huge in the clutch. i expect more out of him, hes a stud guard. he should take over every time its under a minute left.

Jailblazers7
03-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Damn, CJ Fair is a bum. He's got a lot of talent but he still has a lot to learn.

Gotta give Georgetown credit for the way they play at the end of games. They've been consistently good at maintaining poise in late game situations.

edit - damn, CJ Fair just posterized Otto Porter.

KG215
03-15-2013, 09:17 PM
And down goes Duke. Huh.

Jailblazers7
03-15-2013, 09:21 PM
I think I just jinxed Georgetown by calling them poised in end of game scenarios lol. Markel Starks being out really hurt them tho.

ace23
03-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Porter turns the ball over in crunch time. :oldlol:

KG215
03-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Good to see UNC bounceback and get a pretty impressive win over Florida State. I know FSU isn't anything special, but it's always tough to beat the same team three times in a season. Anyway, it was just a real sound 20 point beating.

Oh, and suck it Tim Brando.

IGotACoolStory
03-15-2013, 11:47 PM
We can't play in this damn tournament without someone getting injury.

Henson, Marshall, Phelps, Ford... I mean, my god. Get rid of it altogether.

I'm serious too. You get rid of the tournament and it puts more importance in the regular season, less of a chance for these freak injuries (4 games in 4 days can do that), it's a shell of what it used to be in the earlier 90's and before that... Add two more games to the conference schedule and let's go. Now that the NCAA Tournament takes so many teams, how often does a non bubble+ team actually win their tournament and make any noise in the NCAAs?

KG215
03-15-2013, 11:58 PM
We can't play in this damn tournament without someone getting injury.

Henson, Marshall, Phelps, Ford... I mean, my god. Get rid of it altogether.

I'm serious too. You get rid of the tournament and it puts more importance in the regular season, less of a chance for these freak injuries (4 games in 4 days can do that), it's a shell of what it used to be in the earlier 90's and before that... Add two more games to the conference schedule and let's go. Now that the NCAA Tournament takes so many teams, how often does a non bubble+ team actually win their tournament and make any noise in the NCAAs?
And Hairston's injury was such a freakish injury. An FSU swipes at the ball, catches PJ on the webbing between two fingers, and the blood starts gushing. Ultimately it won't be as impactful as Marshall and Henson's injuries last year, because it's his non-shooting hand. He'll get stitches, may not play tomorrow, and will be good to go by next week for the NCAA tournament. And on top of that he had just come out of the game a few minutes earlier with a stinger in his shoulder.

KG215
03-16-2013, 12:18 AM
Wow...Jordan Adams broke his foot tonight? Just heard that watching the Oregon/Utah game. And he did it on the very last play of the game. That's a big loss for UCLA.

qrich
03-16-2013, 12:49 AM
Wow...Jordan Adams broke his foot tonight? Just heard that watching the Oregon/Utah game. And he did it on the very last play of the game. That's a big loss for UCLA.

The whole game was won due to him as well.

Time for Powell to step up and Bazz + Anderson to ball it up.

SourPatchKids
03-16-2013, 01:00 AM
Wow, Syracuse was my pick to win the Big East Tourney. Just gotta get past Louisville tommorow.

SourPatchKids
03-16-2013, 02:02 AM
http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2013/03/15/19/38/mj8jZ.St.81.jpeg

IGotACoolStory
03-16-2013, 02:52 AM
Does UCLA have 3pt shooting outside of him? I swear I only ever see him make a 3 on that team. Plus they don't seem very deep.

Of course I don't pay great attention to that team.

Burgz V2
03-16-2013, 07:32 AM
BIG games today, what are you guys watching? I'm gonna be watching MSU v Ohio State and Kansas v KState, might watch Oregon v UCLA but I hate watching UCLA play, and the only guy I liked on that team just broke his foot

Jailblazers7
03-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Games I'm looking forward to:

Big East Championship
MSU vs OSU
K-State vs Kansas
UNLV vs New Mexico

ace23
03-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Dude Stephens form Memphis can really get up. He was only offered a scholarship out of desperation coming out of high school.

EDIT: And not even 15 minutes after I post this, he gets hurt.

Btw If So. Miss loses, it should be in over La Salle. They have a better resume.

ace23
03-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Lol. So. Miss missed 3 out of four FTs including the front end of a one-and-one, and now trails by 1.

Burgz V2
03-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Durand Scott is COOKIN

Jailblazers7
03-16-2013, 02:09 PM
This Memphis/So. Miss game is a classic conference title game. Gotta love these types of situations in march.

ace23
03-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Memphis is really killing So. Miss's zone with the trey ball.

Burgz V2
03-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Durand Scott 9-14, 24 pts, 17 MINS LEFT IN THE GAME

Jailblazers7
03-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Damn, Florida on like a 13-0 run to go up 40-37 on Bama.

SourPatchKids
03-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Wow Hurricanes ripping past nc state

ace23
03-16-2013, 02:31 PM
This ***** Oladipo thinks dribbling is optional.

IGotACoolStory
03-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Wow Hurricanes ripping past nc state

Short of UK, most disappointing team in college basketball this season?

I swear to all that is good, CJ Leslie's teammates truly hate him.

ace23
03-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Gonzaga deserves a 3 seed at best. Has there ever been a one seed with a weaker schedule? Three of their 5 wins against the RPI top 50 were against St. Mary's, and their 1 win against a top-25 team was by one point. They haven't even played a top-12 team all year. No bad losses, though.

But there's talk of them being the top overall seed. :biggums:

Burgz V2
03-16-2013, 04:19 PM
anyone got a good link for MSU OSU? the one Im using is too choppy

ace23
03-16-2013, 04:53 PM
anyone got a good link for MSU OSU? the one Im using is too choppy
It's live on the official site:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/video/cbk-live

InspiredLebowski
03-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Northwestern fired Bill Carmody. I agree and disagree. Northwestern's a really hard place to win and Carmody's given them by far the best season's in program history. He's also never made the tourney, eventually a program just can't be content with that.

ace23
03-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Craft is really doing work. :applause:

Burgz V2
03-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Craft is really doing work. :applause:

he's cookin us. fcukin hate this guy, reminds me of greg paulus for some reason. I'd rather anyone but him beat us tonight.

Also, could someone tell me if Gary Harris to wake the hell up and start calling for the ball?

IGotACoolStory
03-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Jeez we almost choked that away.

Said it before and I'll say it again, some NBA team is going to get a very good role player in Reggie Bullock. The guy makes so many winning plays and never makes mistakes. He's unbelievable.

Burgz V2
03-16-2013, 06:01 PM

Said it before and I'll say it again, some NBA team is going to get a very good role player in Reggie Bullock. The guy makes so many winning plays and never makes mistakes. He's unbelievable.

he made up for that Duke game :lol

ace23
03-16-2013, 06:08 PM
That will be flagrant 1. It was a flagrant 2, though.

Jailblazers7
03-16-2013, 06:09 PM
Damn, this MSU really feels like they should be so much better. I want to put them in my Final Four but they have consistently disappointed me in big games.

ace23
03-16-2013, 06:14 PM
I get annoyed just looking at Craft and Thomas. Craft just has one of those faces, and I feel that Thomas is not good enough/too big to be wearing a sleeve.

KG215
03-16-2013, 06:15 PM

And for the 3rd or 4th time this year, our freshman PG hit some big shots at crucial times down the stretch in a close game. On top of a really good offensive game, Reggie played excellent defense on Dez Wells who had been going off in the tournament.

SourPatchKids
03-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Damn. Well Played OSU

InspiredLebowski
03-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Anthony Bennett taking advantage of UNLV finally getting some national TV

Burgz V2
03-16-2013, 06:35 PM
i hate Aaron Craft so much. Good shot by Thomas, got nothing against him, he always comes to play against us but Craft I just want to punch in the face everytime they show it. It doesn't help everybody wont stop talking about his defence. I shall take this loss in stride and say that was a thoroughly enjoyed game at least. The worst part is we will most likely be a 3 seed now.

KG215
03-16-2013, 06:39 PM
A 15-19 Prairie View A&M team damn near made the tournament. Had teh ball on a fastbreak and the dude with the ball slipped (or something) and fell, and they lost by one point.

KG215
03-16-2013, 06:43 PM
I haven't seen enough or much of Anthony Bennett this year. Does he project as a PF only in the NBA? Or does he have the skills to play some SF?

Anyway, he's apparently been going off in the MWC tournament. This is the first game I've watched, but Chad Ford Tweeted last night he played and looked like a #1 overall pick in their lat game.

Burgz V2
03-16-2013, 06:50 PM
I haven't seen enough or much of Anthony Bennett this year. Does he project as a PF only in the NBA? Or does he have the skills to play some SF?

Anyway, he's apparently been going off in the MWC tournament. This is the first game I've watched, but Chad Ford Tweeted last night he played and looked like a #1 overall pick in their lat game.

as much as I love Bennett (being from Toronto and all) it's a massive knee jerk to call him a #1 pick right now. Chad Ford fluctuates constantly tbh, I wouldn't put stock in that. #1 talent, maybe, but he always had that so it's not like anything changed

IGotACoolStory
03-16-2013, 07:01 PM
I keep hearing the Karl Malone comparisons.

I don't see it. He is a talent, tho.

KG215
03-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Tony Snell has carried New Mexico down the stretch.

SourPatchKids
03-16-2013, 08:46 PM
For some reason I just feel like there is absolutely no way Syracuse can lose this game.

chips93
03-16-2013, 09:22 PM
jeez, neither team can inbound the damn ball

KG215
03-16-2013, 09:58 PM
James Southerland...does he ever miss? I mean I know he does, but 19/31 from 3 in the Big East Tournament is absurd. That's 61%.

KG215
03-16-2013, 10:17 PM
If Siva didn't turn to complete shit when he plays Syracuse, and could make a wide-open 3, Louisville might actually have the lead right now. He's missed 4 or 5 wide-open 3's during this Louisville run. Still, Louisville on a 14-2 run and are within 4.

SourPatchKids
03-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Peyton has a typical case of Orangophobia

chips93
03-16-2013, 10:20 PM
cuse spacing is ass without southerland

KG215
03-16-2013, 10:21 PM
What a meltdown by Syracuse. I know he's in foul trouble, but Boeheim waited too long to put Southerland back in the game. 20-3 run by Louisville and they've got the lead. Impressive.

KG215
03-16-2013, 10:35 PM
33-6 Louisville run and now they're up 11 with 6 minutes to go.

chips93
03-16-2013, 10:46 PM
these dunks harrell is getting, behanan was getting blocked in the exact same position.

Maniak
03-16-2013, 10:48 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/

this is the biggest load of bullshit i've ever seen.

theres no option for people outside of the us and/or that dont have one of the selectable providers?

i dont get how a board of people can agree on such an awful idea.

chips93
03-16-2013, 10:49 PM
it feels like once dieng gets the ball at the FT line, the cards are getting a good look. his decision making has been great tonight.

edit: hes got 7 dimes

Jailblazers7
03-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Jesus, Syracuse got be by 30 in the second half.

IGotACoolStory
03-16-2013, 10:54 PM
My god Louisville just came all over that ugly orange. What a burst of offense...

KG215
03-16-2013, 10:56 PM
It was 45-29, Syracuse led, with 15:34 to go in the game....

Louisville outscored them 49-16 the rest of the game.

InspiredLebowski
03-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Louisville's my title favorite

KG215
03-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Louisville, Kansas, Indiana, and probably Gonzaga should be the 1-seeds. I'm sure Duke wil somehow unexpectedly get one, though. But if they're going to give an ACC team a 1-seed, how could you possibly justify giving it to Duke over Miami? Miami won the regular season ACC crown, split with Duke in the regular season, and made it further in the ACCT than Duke. If they beat UNC tomorrow (which they probably will) then their case over Duke is even stronger.

chips93
03-16-2013, 11:08 PM
these player intos for ucla-oregon are bizarre

ace23
03-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Doron Lamb just took a shot at Montrezl Harrell.

https://twitter.com/DLamb20/status/313122678234046464

:oldlol:

Maniak
03-16-2013, 11:34 PM

theres no option for people outside of the us and/or that dont have one of the selectable providers?

can someone please acknowledge this

Rose
03-16-2013, 11:43 PM
can someone please acknowledge this
Personally I prefer it to last year paying to watch the games, when I already pay for cable. But I get your gripe as a Canadian. I'm sure they'll do something for it. And either way no matter what game you want to watch it'll be streamed online somewhere.

ace23
03-16-2013, 11:51 PM

What's wrong? Am I supposed to be seeing a TV schedule?

Maniak
03-16-2013, 11:57 PM
Personally I prefer it to last year paying to watch the games, when I already pay for cable. But I get your gripe as a Canadian. I'm sure they'll do something for it. And either way no matter what game you want to watch it'll be streamed online somewhere.
if they dont ill be extremely mad. i actually want to pay for something and they wont let me give them money

What's wrong? Am I supposed to be seeing a TV schedule?

if you dont have a provider that is partnered with them or something and arent in the US you cant get any sort of "march madness league pass" unlike last year. basically another bunch of retards ****ing over everyone but the US

ace23
03-17-2013, 12:11 AM
What does the March Madness league pass provide?

Maniak
03-17-2013, 12:17 AM
last year you got like every game for 4 bucks as far as i know. hd and accessible anywhere on a bunch of devices and whatnot

this year you need to have the right provider and live in the us (not 100% sure you have to live in the us but most of the providers are us providers). fooking boolsheit

ace23
03-17-2013, 12:21 AM
They don't broadcast games live for free like they do during the season for the tourney?

Maniak
03-17-2013, 12:42 AM
well obviously its broadcasted on tv but i have like no channels on tv.

KG215
03-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Not college basketball related, but 2013 recruit and UNC signee Isaiah Hicks went for 34 points, 30 rebounds, and 7 blocks tonight in leading his team to a state championship. The competition wasn't necessarily the greatest, but Hicks is basically all his team has. The team they were playing probably had the next 4-5 best players in that particular game after Hicks. And that was pretty apparent after he left the game early in the 4th quarter after picking up his 4th foul and his team lost a 12 point lead in a hurry.

Maniak
03-17-2013, 12:54 AM
Not college basketball related, but 2013 recruit and UNC signee Isaiah Hicks went for 34 points, 30 rebounds, and 7 blocks tonight in leading his team to a state championship.
sick statline.

ace23
03-17-2013, 01:06 AM
well obviously its broadcasted on tv but i have like no channels on tv.
No, they broadcast games last year on cbssports.com, I'm pretty sure. I know they show live games during the season.

Here's the site:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball

IGotACoolStory
03-17-2013, 01:10 AM
From what I'm reading, last year it wasn't available outside of the US either.

I didn't purchase it because I'm pretty sure literally every single game was on TV, but if it's like the old MMOD, you can stream any game on your computer that's online. It had like a small thumbnail view to watch multiple games. It was really useful before all the games starting to get aired. It was free too.

I'd like the see the SEC and Pac 12 battle it out to see who has the shittier conference.

Also, yeah, Hicks is great prospect. His senior mix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg6MsMynWlU

I think he's going to take a year to figure it out (little to no post moves)... Watch out when he does. Telep was ranking PFs in the class and said Hicks has the highest upside of all the PFs. This in a class that includes Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, Chris Walker, and Noah Vonleh. And the kid committed on the spot, which pretty much never happens with a top recruit.

SourPatchKids
03-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Pac 12 Champs baby! :rockon:

KG215
03-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Right now Miami is getting contributions and points from multiple players, while P.J. Hairston is shooting the lights out and almost single-handily keeping UNC in the game.

On another note, could we not have gotten Miami just once this year where they didn't look like world beaters? I mean this is about as well as UNC can possibly play and we've still trailed most of the game. This looks nothing like the same Miami team that went 6-5 in their last 11 games. Put UNC on the court against them, and they're back to looking like world beaters.

ace23
03-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Darius Theus for VCU looks like Monta Ellis.