PDA

View Full Version : 2012/13 Observation Deck

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

KG215
03-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Miami deserved to win because they played a phenomenal basketball game...but the officiating was incredibly inconsistent in Miami's favor. UNC was getting called for ticky-tack stuff most of the game but, down 5 late, we had two guys get bumped and hit pretty hard with a no-call. The refs weren't the reason UNC lost, but they were really inconsistent.

DaSeba5
03-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Good game to UNC. You guys are a good team.

First time we've ever won the ACC tournament. Unforgettable season.

JerrySteakhouse
03-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Fun game, UNC was solid. PJ Hairston can hoop.

IGotACoolStory
03-17-2013, 03:03 PM
The refs were awful. **** being humble. PJ would back away to avoid a foul (and all contact) and they would still credit the foul to him. McAdoo gets hacked by 3 guys on a drive and nothing is called. Leslie shadows a player, who frankly beat him off the dribble.. so that little contact, and they still call a foul. Moving screens on every possession and nothing. Although that apparently doesn't get called on any level anymore.

Not going to blame the refs, though. I'm going to point out how horrible they were, but Larkin won that game. Terrific ball player. :applause: I do hope you guys do well in the NCAA Tournament.

Maniak
03-17-2013, 03:13 PM
yeah there were some strange calls in that unc game. miami played a fantastic game and not taking anything away from them.

Darius Theus for VCU looks like Monta Ellis.

said the exact same thing this morning to myself, haha. at least i think darius theus is the guy i said that about.

From what I'm reading, last year it wasn't available outside of the US either.

I didn't purchase it because I'm pretty sure literally every single game was on TV, but if it's like the old MMOD, you can stream any game on your computer that's online. It had like a small thumbnail view to watch multiple games. It was really useful before all the games starting to get aired. It was free too.

rilleh? thats weird.

apparently you only get like a 4 hour trial thing for mmod this year if you dont have one of the providers.

KG215
03-17-2013, 03:15 PM
I think Marshall Henderson is my least favorite college basketball player since J.J. Redick, and there's been some dookies between now and then that I REALLY hated.

KG215
03-17-2013, 03:17 PM
The refs were awful. **** being humble. PJ would back away to avoid a foul (and all contact) and they would still credit the foul to him. McAdoo gets hacked by 3 guys on a drive and nothing is called. Leslie shadows a player, who frankly beat him off the dribble.. so that little contact, and they still call a foul. Moving screens on every possession and nothing. Although that apparently doesn't get called on any level anymore.

Not going to blame the refs, though. I'm going to point out how horrible they were, but Larkin won that game. Terrific ball player. :applause: I do hope you guys do well in the NCAA Tournament.
PJ picked up 3 fouls in the 2nd half where there was very minimal contact, and I was swallowing my tongue and living with the calls until that sequence at the end where McAdoo got killed on a shot with no foul, and Reggie got the rebound and got knocked to the ground on his putback attempt with no foul call.

Maniak
03-17-2013, 03:28 PM
ohio/wisconsin just had one of the best cheerleader shots ive ever seen on tv

IGotACoolStory
03-17-2013, 03:41 PM
ohio/wisconsin just had one of the best cheerleader shots ive ever seen on tv

Pics or you're a dick for posting this.

Maniak
03-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Pics or you're a dick for posting this.
hmm. i'll try to rewind

Maniak
03-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Here.

http://imgur.com/CJ9XQ28,638vr4y#0

ace23
03-17-2013, 04:13 PM
:oldlol: Bo Ryan

Rose
03-17-2013, 04:29 PM
MTSU has been trending all day on twitter, as a proud student I can honestly say I hope we get in, but seriously 2 times (and arguably a third) we choked in the conference tourney in my 4 years to get rejected. So today I wouldn't be surprised if it was more of the same.

However I will ****ing go to whatever game I can if it's possible.:oldlol:

Zodiac
03-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Marshall Henderson should be very glad that Karl Malone is retired and he pray he gets drafted by LAL

cause if he does this shit in the NBA he's gonna get his muffin cap peeled back blue

Burgz V2
03-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Marshall Henderson should be very glad that Karl Malone is retired and he pray he gets drafted by LAL

cause if he does this shit in the NBA he's gonna get his muffin cap peeled back blue

the thing is he doesnt care. dude actually has more than a fare share of screws loose. he's on Ron Artest/Rodman status, that is just how he is, if someone punches him in the face he might actually enjoy it, kinda creeps me out sometimes

IGotACoolStory
03-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah... He's not just an arrogant asshole, I believe it's something mental.

I wouldn't want to be trapped in an elevator with him. He seems like the type of guy who would have a mental breakdown, and the next thing you know he's stripped down and trying to use his erect ***** to pry open the elevator doors.

Although this gif is still the best of the college basketball season:
http://nbccollegebasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/marshall_hendersonauburn.gif

I'm not sure what I love most about it. Maybe the old man cursing him out or the black guy smiling the whole time.

kNicKz
03-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Dude in the white hat telling him to bring it as if he's even about that life

kNicKz
03-17-2013, 05:36 PM
I think Marshall Henderson is my least favorite college basketball player since J.J. Redick, and there's been some dookies between now and then that I REALLY hated.

He's one notch under battier for me

KingBeasley08
03-17-2013, 05:42 PM
He's one notch under battier for me
I'd put Noah up there too

InspiredLebowski
03-17-2013, 05:48 PM
I love Barkley, but why they have him talk about college ball I'll never understand. The guy clearly doesn't watch it.

Maniak
03-17-2013, 05:50 PM
I love Barkley, but why they have him talk about college ball I'll never understand. The guy clearly doesn't watch it.
personality

kNicKz
03-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Says a fan of a team who isn't even going to be in the NCAA tournament :roll:

I'll be quoting this again on Selection Sunday

what will you be doing that day?

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab81/ffilou6/om_nom_nom_chicken.gif

Maniak
03-18-2013, 10:39 PM
how good do you guys think minnesota is? do you think they can make some major upsets? they're favored over ucla right now but after that how do they fare?

InspiredLebowski
03-18-2013, 11:36 PM
how good do you guys think minnesota is? do you think they can make some major upsets? they're favored over ucla right now but after that how do they fare?They stink. Tubby's lost them and they look like they don't care at all.

IGotACoolStory
03-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Fun way to start the tournament.

And seriously UK? You guys are getting shit on for the NIT, but honestly I don't see the big deal. Roy had to deal with the same in 2010 with so many people leaving and then injuries on top of that. Although the former is your own doing.

But losing to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT would be nothing short of embarrassing. :facepalm

And holy shit Dykes. Quit your job and become a Cal groupie or something. The slurping is crude and irritating.

ace23
03-19-2013, 09:22 PM
But losing to Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT would be nothing short of embarrassing. :facepalm
Kinda not fair that they're on the road, though.

Jailblazers7
03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Pretty cool to see Robert Morris actually getting exposure. The stadium is like 20 from where I work. I used to play Moon (where Cal went to high school) every year in bball.

Rose
03-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Burn dem timeouts vinny style.

IGotACoolStory
03-19-2013, 09:42 PM
From champions, to NIT first round losers, to likey top 3 (1?) pre season ranking.

Weird shit.

ace23
03-19-2013, 10:05 PM
I like Dellavedova. He's slow and ugly but he can ball.

Jailblazers7
03-19-2013, 10:14 PM
I like Dellavedova. He's slow and ugly but he can ball.

It feels like he's been at St. Mary's for like 6 years.

InspiredLebowski
03-20-2013, 03:12 PM
If you don't watch much Big Ten Network you won't understand how great this is, but Kendall Gill got suspended from his job (an analyst for some rando network) because he punched Tim Doyle in the face. I've often dreamed of doing just that. Thank Kendall.

Burgz V2
03-20-2013, 03:21 PM
If you don't watch much Big Ten Network you won't understand how great this is, but Kendall Gill got suspended from his job (an analyst for some rando network) because he punched Tim Doyle in the face. I've often dreamed of doing just that. Thank Kendall.

The only thing that surprised me is that it didn't happen sooner.

IGotACoolStory
03-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Syracuse being investigated by the NCAA.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21918301/syracuse-hoops-under-investigation-by-ncaa

Probably regarding the Fab Melo stuff, perhaps more. Somehow this will be swung on the ACC.

GOBB
03-20-2013, 04:59 PM

Although this gif is still the best of the college basketball season:
http://nbccollegebasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/marshall_hendersonauburn.gif.

:roll: those fans went mighty power RAGERS. holy shyt. they all came over saying the same things while tossing middle fingers! great capture!

Jailblazers7
03-20-2013, 05:04 PM
I just watched that gif like 70 times in a row. :oldlol:

ukfan22
03-20-2013, 08:47 PM
[IMG]
Noel going down is not part of the deal, I would have agreed they wouldn't make it

kNicKz
03-21-2013, 01:44 AM
Noel going down is not part of the deal, I would have agreed they wouldn't make it

1-2 against AP teams pre Noel injury. Also lost to Alabama and Texas A and M before he was injured. LOL
:applause:

ukfan22
03-21-2013, 02:37 AM
1-2 against AP teams pre Noel injury. Also lost to Alabama and Texas A and M before he was injured. LOL

they were ranked and had won 5 straight when he got hurt

but feel free to act like losing the #1 pick is irrelevant, that makes sense:rolleyes:

kNicKz
03-21-2013, 03:08 AM
Word yo a losing record to AP teams and taking L's from Alabama is pretty legit, you woulda got the chip with him :roll:

ukfan22
03-21-2013, 04:24 AM
ok

kNicKz
03-21-2013, 11:16 AM
http://t.qkme.me/3oklir.jpg

KG215
03-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Watching Butler and Bucknell on TruTV...where did Allie LaForce come from? Never seen her as a sideline reporter but damn.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/allie-laforce-is-attractice.jpg

http://www.allielaforce.net/publishImages/index~~element31.jpeg

KG215
03-21-2013, 01:08 PM
If the bet was that they'd make the tournament who the hell cares what their record was against top 25 teams was before Noel got injured? Fact of the matter is that they were getting better, had won 5 in a row, and were on their way to comfortably making the tournament.

GOBB
03-21-2013, 01:10 PM
MSU thrashing Valpo
Bucknell has a chance to beat Butler I think

qrich
03-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Man, and I had Valpo pulling an upset :rolleyes:

kNicKz
03-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Man, and I had Valpo pulling an upset :rolleyes:

they looked good for like the first 10 mins :roll: That steal to alley oop is when MSU took over

qrich
03-21-2013, 01:47 PM
they looked good for like the first 10 mins :roll: That steal to alley oop is when MSU took over

I thought it'd be a close game at least. Not this big of a blow-out.

Anyone else pick a 15 seed to upset?

Edit: FFS, I can't add my bracket to the ISH group on Yahoo anymore?

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Typically they don't allow you to make picks after the games have started.

Marshall Henderson make interesting quotes. First he says all SEC coaches are losers. Actually let me get the quote...

"I guess that's just a shot at all the other coaches out here," he said. "They're losers. They didn't win this tournament, we did."

Then this today..

"I’m trying to get paid here soon because I’m tired of doing all of this stuff for free"

Some of his twitter spew is hilarious as well.
https://twitter.com/NativeFlash22

The guy annoys me, yet I want to see what happens if his team wins this weekend.

qrich
03-21-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm not making any picks, I just want to enter my already selected bracket into the ISH group

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm not making any picks, I just want to enter my already selected bracket into the ISH group

Wouldn't that be making picks? I don't believe it's configured that way... One page you make your picks and submit your bracket... The next page you are done. If you are still on the latter page, you can still alter you picks.

Or am I misunderstanding? Meh, I don't really care.

Clarke needs to remember how to shoot a basketball. Dude is going to kill my bracket on the second game of the tournament. :facepalm

qrich
03-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Wouldn't that be making picks? I don't believe it's configured that way... One page you make your picks and submit your bracket... The next page you are done. If you are still on the latter page, you can still alter you picks.

Or am I misunderstanding? Meh, I don't really care.

Clarke needs to remember how to shoot a basketball. Dude is going to kill my bracket on the second game of the tournament. :facepalm

I remember last year, you were able to submit a bracket that was already filled out to groups after the tournament started. I already have my bracket fully filled and just trying to submit that specific bracket into the ISH group, but I guess Yahoo changed that around.

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Worst flagrant foul call ever in the Pitt game.

GOBB
03-21-2013, 02:47 PM
By rule flagrant foul but its a bad rule to use.

Rex Chapman is pudgy

Random as hell. Do you guys hear the rock sounding music playing at halftime of the Wichita Pitt game? I wonder if the band or whomever is responsible is fist pumping that its being played.

qrich
03-21-2013, 02:50 PM
St. Mary's - Memphis should be a good one to watch. Waiting for the Mia - Pac game still.

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 02:52 PM
These are some poorly played basketball games.

And Butler is what is dragging college basketball down. That Coach K technique of foul 150 times a game, the refs will only call so many.

Ugh. College basketball is becoming too physical. To the point that I wish it would be more like the ***** NBA where they call the most homosexual touch fouls.

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 02:53 PM
St. Mary's - Memphis should be a good one to watch. Waiting for the Mia - Pac game still.picked St. Mary's in every bracket I think. Shame to watch Pastner waste all that Memphis talent.

These are some poorly played basketball games.

And Butler is what is dragging college basketball down. That Coach K technique of foul 150 times a game, the refs will only call so many.

Ugh. College basketball is becoming too physical. To the point that I wish it would be more like the ***** NBA where they call the most homosexual touch fouls.
The ugliness of college ball is kind of a dirty little secret. No one but Bilas ever mentions it.

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 03:14 PM
By rule flagrant foul but its a bad rule to use.

Rex Chapman is pudgy

Random as hell. Do you guys hear the rock sounding music playing at halftime of the Wichita Pitt game? I wonder if the band or whomever is responsible is fist pumping that its being played.

Gottlieb was cracking me up when he was bashing that rule.

Woodall playing like complete ass.

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 03:27 PM
I don't know why I always trust Pitt. Although I have them losing next round.

They seem to always choke in the tournament.

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 03:29 PM
I really hate being a Pitt fan.

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 03:30 PM
told you St. Mary's got this

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 03:44 PM
get your shit together Marquette

wang4three
03-21-2013, 04:01 PM
I had Davidson to win, but ****ing Pitt. I won't pick them again even if they had a prime Michael Jordan on their team.

JMT
03-21-2013, 04:04 PM

Not if Where's Waldow doesn't grow some stones and handle business in the lane. I'm flipping channels a bit, but that's the 4th time today I've seen him catch the ball within 10 ft and be unable to get off a shot. Hell, three times I don't think he got the ball above his shoulder.

KG215
03-21-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't know if you can all this a choke job by Pitt. It's an 8/9 match-up. But their recent tournament history is exactly why I picked Wichita State. And given their recent tournament history, when they have "choked" as a 1-seed, I couldn't comfortably pick them to win an 8/9 match-up. I'm surprised they're getting blown out, though.

GOBB
03-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Pitt is a sucker team, suckers you into picking them. Team disappoints too much for me to take them. Sorry.

Kiddlovesnets
03-21-2013, 04:09 PM
They seem to always choke in the tournament.

Jamie Dixon says hi.

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Saint Mary's closing the gap now

ace23
03-21-2013, 04:22 PM

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Please let UCLA fire Howland and hire Jamie Dixon or somethong. I think hes been rumored to go to USC.

JMT
03-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Saint Mary's closing the gap now

Their bigs getting absolutely abused. Better hope Memphis misses every FT down the stretch.

GOBB
This kid DJ Stephens is ridiculous. He avg 2.4 bpg at 6'5? Crazy hops/wingspan. He has 5 blocks today vs St Marys whose team looks like a church rec league team. :oldlol:

I'm all for upsets tho.

Rose
I love Stephens, and I'd like to see Pastner win a big game for the first time in his career, and probably save his job.

JMT
03-21-2013, 04:26 PM
I don't know if you can all this a choke job by Pitt. It's an 8/9 match-up. But their recent tournament history is exactly why I picked Wichita State. And given their recent tournament history, when they have "choked" as a 1-seed, I couldn't comfortably pick them to win an 8/9 match-up. I'm surprised they're getting blown out, though.

Think it was Ken Pomeroy's rankings that had Pitt a Top 12 team.

Just goes to show that figures lie and liars figure.

GOBB
03-21-2013, 04:29 PM

Not a choke but I'd label it a disappointment. Much better term. Shot 35%? Put Wichita on the line what 41 times? Just awful

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Think it was Ken Pomeroy's rankings that had Pitt a Top 12 team.

Just goes to show that figures lie and liars figure.

Anybody saying Pitt could make a deep run clearly hadnt watched them play.

KingBeasley08
03-21-2013, 04:33 PM
fvcking pitt. i need to stop picking them at some point. damage ain't too bad cuz i had em losing next round anyway but still, fvck

JMT
03-21-2013, 04:36 PM
fvcking pitt. i need to stop picking them at some point. damage ain't too bad cuz i had em losing next round anyway but still, fvck

It won't matter on ISH. By tomorrow night, we'll have 20 guys claiming to have perfect brackets.

ace23
03-21-2013, 04:36 PM
This kid DJ Stephens is ridiculous. He avg 2.4 bpg at 6'5? Crazy hops/wingspan. He has 5 blocks today vs St Marys whose team looks like a church rec league team. :oldlol:

I'm all for upsets tho.
Yeah, I checked to make sure I was looking at the right person when I saw that he was 6'5 188. :eek:

And why does St. Mary's look like a church team? Because they're white? :lol

ace23
03-21-2013, 04:37 PM
It won't matter on ISH. By tomorrow night, we'll have 20 guys claiming to have perfect brackets.
Here's my proof:

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/60705

JMT
03-21-2013, 04:43 PM
And why does St. Mary's look like a church team? Because they're white? :lol

That and they've only got one guy who appears good enough to make the opposing team.

ace23
03-21-2013, 04:51 PM
I have Oregon in my Sweet Sixteen. Let's go Ducks.

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 04:59 PM
lol, Memphis about to throw this away?

Great finish going on.

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 04:59 PM
finally got a good ending!

ThunderStruk022
03-21-2013, 05:00 PM
If Marquette wins I'll get out of the first set of games unscathed for the first time in 3 or 4 years.

Rose
03-21-2013, 05:03 PM
Thank ****ing god. I was so nervous. I don't get why Pastner didn't take a time out anyways off the made basket, just to draw up an in bounds play anyways. But whatever. Tigers won.

Burgz V2
03-21-2013, 05:03 PM
what a weird finish in the Saint Mary's game, love Dellavadova (sp?) he'll probably be a 2nd rounder, but he'd make a killing in Europe. Really solid player, just got too anxious to let that shot go at the end

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 05:04 PM
finally got a good ending!

Yeah, I was waiting for that all day. Cant believe Pastner didnt call a TO before that turnover tho.

JMT
03-21-2013, 05:05 PM
lol, Memphis about to throw this away?

They tried, didn't they?

ace23
03-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Southern up 3 on Gonzaga. Haha

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 05:08 PM
http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/GUMBEL-ERNIE-FISTBUMP-FAIL.gif

GOBB
03-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Any Davidson takers? I'm going to take this. I didnt do any brackets this year so I can pick during a game. :lol

That and they've only got one guy who appears good enough to make the opposing team.

This.

JMT
03-21-2013, 05:16 PM
I have Oregon in my Sweet Sixteen. Let's go Ducks.

15 TO between two teams in first 11:30. This one will be chaotic.

KG215
03-21-2013, 05:17 PM
There's a guy on ESPN's leaderboard with the screenman "TheBradfo" and he has a number after his name I guess indicating what bracket number it is. He has 3 brackets with a perfect 50 so far (which isn't saying much but that's not my point): "theBradfo 32", "theBradfo 2", and "theBradfo 5". So that means he filled out at least 32 difference brackets. There's another person "ICE" who has "ICE 8" an "ICE 1" with a perfect 50 so far, too. Anything more than 2 or 3 is excessive.

I think I did 3 different brackets on ESPN, but one of those is my chalk bracket where I pick the higher seeds every game (and just go with my gut in the Final Four and national championship game) to see how it stacks up with my real bracket, so I don't really count that one.

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 05:21 PM
There's a guy on ESPN's leaderboard with the screenman "TheBradfo" and he has a number after his name I guess indicating what bracket number it is. He has 3 brackets with a perfect 50 so far (which isn't saying much but that's not my point): "theBradfo 32", "theBradfo 2", and "theBradfo 5". So that means he filled out at least 32 difference brackets. There's another person "ICE" who has "ICE 8" an "ICE 1" with a perfect 50 so far, too. Anything more than 2 or 3 is excessive.

I think I did 3 different brackets on ESPN, but one of those is my chalk bracket where I pick the higher seeds every game (and just go with my gut in the Final Four and national championship game) to see how it stacks up with my real bracket, so I don't really count that one.If there's somewhere I can win money I'm filling out as many as they let me.

KingBeasley08
03-21-2013, 05:21 PM
lol Gonzaga is overrated. think they might get bounced next round even if they win today

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 05:23 PM
I do two brackets every year. One when the seeds are released, based primarily off of instinct. The other after I do a little more research, usually the day before the tournaments starts.

Instinct usually wins out.

I got Butler beating Marquette next round so not a big deal if they lose. Nice choke by the Big East thus far, tho. If this Davidson results holds up...

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 05:24 PM
I don't know if it's just because Zaga's pretty unathletic, but Southern seems like an NBA team in comparison

KG215
03-21-2013, 05:26 PM
If there's somewhere I can win money I'm filling out as many as they let me.
True, but how do you even remember where to differentiate on picks past the first round once you get up around 5+ brackets? That's just too much effort for me, because I'd have to keep giong back and making a note that I picked team A in those 5 brackets, team B in those 5, team C in those 5; but I had team A making the Sweet 16 in only 3 of them, team B making the Sweet 16 in 7 of them, and team C making the Sweet 16 in the other 5.

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 05:28 PM
True, but how do you even remember where to differentiate on picks past the first round once you get up around 5+ brackets? That's just too much effort for me, because I'd have to keep giong back and making a note that I picked team A in those 5 brackets, team B in those 5, team C in those 5; but I had team A making the Sweet 16 in only 3 of them, team B making the Sweet 16 in 7 of them, and team C making the Sweet 16 in the other 5.I don't take it that seriously, the odds of actually winning anything are so low it's not worth much effort.

I have one that I actually put some effort into, think about style matchups (that I know dick about anyway), injuries, common opponents, all that type stuff. The rest is borderline point and click.

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Gonzaga hasnt played in like 10 days lol, calm down people.

Also, Pitt is just bad I wouldnt consider it a choke. Just another dissapointing postseason performance.

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Marquette thinks they are playing football. :facepalm

KG215
03-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Oklahoma got hosed in their 1st round matchup. Oregon is MUCH better than a 12-seed. Committee f***ed that one up by making Oregon a 12-seed so they could stay out west.

JMT
03-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Oklahoma got hosed in their 1st round matchup. Oregon is MUCH better than a 12-seed. Committee f***ed that one up by making Oregon a 12-seed so they could stay out west.

Conversely, the size of Ok State's backcourt should give them a decided advantage vs Oregon. They're young and haven't come out strong. Tons of TO's and uncertainty. Too much offensive time spent passing the ball back & forth at the top of the key.

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 05:40 PM
bombs away for Marquette

ace23
03-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Wow!:biggums:

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 05:41 PM
These teams really don't know how to inbound/break pressure, do they?

JMT
03-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Davidson- Marquette finish crazy.

Marq can't make a 3... until they need 3 in a row at the end.

Davidson waiting for the foul that HAS to come, while Marquette misses every opportunity...only to have Davidson turn it over.

Wild.

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Are you serious with that defense? He just walked in for a layup :lol

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Davidson in the process of choking

DuMa
03-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Stephen Curry @StephenCurry30 about 6 minutes ago

You can

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Olynyk is eating them up right now.

ace23
03-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Dominic Artis is really hooping his ass off. Where's SPK?

JMT
03-21-2013, 06:30 PM

We see it almost every year. At least one #1 comes out flat and doesn't show enough respect for the #16. Once things settle down, better talent and teams prevail.

Some year, the #1 will wake up too late.

qrich
03-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Damn black box isn't working right. Why's Zaga struggling so much? Just rust?

Also, :bowdown: @ Oregon, repping the Pac-12 with an "upset" lead.

Damn Pitt destroyed my chance at a perfect bracket, but had them out in the second round so oh well

GOBB
03-21-2013, 06:33 PM

SOUTHERN!!!!

JMT
03-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Damn black box isn't working right. Why's Zaga struggling so much? Just rust?

Also, :bowdown: @ Oregon, repping the Pac-12 with an "upset" lead.

Damn Pitt destroyed my chance at a perfect bracket, but had them out in the second round so oh well

Southern has nothing to lose and is playing to win.

Gonzaga has everything to lose and playing not to lose.

Zags getting no love from officials either. That was a horrible charging call on the big kid.

Maniak
03-21-2013, 06:37 PM
man just tuned in a few minutes ago but man this southern/zaga game is sick!

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 06:37 PM
if Southern pulls this off I hope no one pulls the "yeah, but the 1 seed they beat was Gonzaga" shit

qrich
03-21-2013, 06:38 PM

Zags getting no love from officials either. That was a horrible charging call on the big kid.

That happens every year, just wondering why its so close.

I picked 'Zags to win it all, but hell, forget my bracket if we can see a #16 upset.

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 06:39 PM

Yeah, cant say I agree with the officiating. Elias Harris has played badly too.

Maniak
03-21-2013, 06:41 PM
thats an interesting call

Maniak
03-21-2013, 06:43 PM
holy shiet

InspiredLebowski
Ted Valentine's reffing this game. I'm warning you.

Jailblazers7
Big time shot by Pangos.

qrich
'Zags will pull this out, obviously, and proceed to destroy Wichita State by sixteen or so.

IGotACoolStory
Got to give props to Gonzaga for these shots they are answering with. I mean a stepback 3 with the shot clock going down?

imdaman99
03-21-2013, 06:44 PM
this pangos kid is pretty clutch. when southern tied it, he hits a quick jumper. they pull within 1, and he hits a huge 3 right back. whiteboys got heart

JMT
03-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Yeah, cant say I agree with the officiating. Elias Harris has played badly too.

Harris and their backcourt is why I have the Zags as a round of 16 or 8 team and no more. He's very inconsistent, and Pangos/Stockton is just a really average backcourt.

qrich
03-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Southern taking way too long to get something going. Need to be quicker and that is what ultimately cost them.

Also took 6 seconds to foul....unfortunate but a great showing by them

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Yeah, wasting that much shot clock to take a jumper a foot inside of the 3pt line :biggums:

Coach should have called a timeout. His team wasn't ready for a situation like that.

imdaman99
03-21-2013, 06:47 PM
who gives this dumbass miller permission to shoot these clutch shots?
motherfcker is 3-11. know your fcking role fcking dumbass

give the ball to beltran

well i clicked his stats, and i guess hes their best player. certainly didnt play like it today

Maniak
03-21-2013, 06:48 PM
yay canada.

GOBB
03-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Yeah, wasting that much shot clock to take a jumper a foot inside of the 3pt line :biggums:

Coach should have called a timeout. His team wasn't ready for a situation like that.

His team wasnt ready at all for a game like that at the end. Zags were.

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Whoa, hearing Dixon is jumping to USC. Which has been going around a bit lately (think someone alluded to it a page or two back). Some stuff that his players knew before the game.

Interesting part is that Sean Miller might be thinking about taking the Pitt job...

Maniak
03-21-2013, 06:51 PM
by the way im never picking pitt ever again in a march madness bracket. make me disgusted.

imdaman99
03-21-2013, 06:51 PM
marcus smart, extremely underwhelming :facepalm

what is he? like a top 5 pick?

qrich
03-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Hope the Trojans get em, more failure will follow :D.

I'd be surprised if Miller left Tucson, the University and fans love him out there and he has done a hell of a job, but as a Bruin fan, I'd love it depending on who the UoA gets to replace him

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Harris and their backcourt is why I have the Zags as a round of 16 or 8 team and no more. He's very inconsistent, and Pangos/Stockton is just a really average backcourt.

The real backcourt is Pangos/Bell which is pretty solid imo. Harris is fine as long as the offense is a high/low game played thru Olynyk. I have them winning it because I think they are tough to match up with but their defense worries me.

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Whoa, hearing Dixon is jumping to USC. Which has been going around a bit lately (think someone alluded to it a page or two back). Some stuff that his players knew before the game.

Interesting part is that Sean Miller might be thinking about taking the Pitt job...

I will jizz in my pants if Miller comes to Pitt.

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 06:59 PM
I also would be surprised if he left. He has a pretty good gig there. Landing top classes and playing in the weak Pac-12...

Miller did play at Pitt, if anyone is wondering why he would leave. They say he didn't like the idea of coaching in the Big East grind, but now that Pitt is moving to the ACC...

I wonder who their backup plan is IF Dixon is really gone. I expect Boeheim to never coach an ACC game. This conference better not become a giant version of it's eventual former self.

Meaning, a bunch of average teams with UNC and duke on top. I don't see Louisville falling anytime soon so throw them in there as well.

Budadiiii
03-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Happy for Oregon. They deserve it.

Maniak
03-21-2013, 07:02 PM
so happy i decided to switch oregon to win.

Burgz V2
03-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Kevin pangos with the onions late. I'm not so sure this is a team that has a deep run in them, but Pangos and Olynyk playing the PnR is a pretty deadly combination. Few probably didn't want to take all his other players out of the play but it worked out for the best I guess. Probably won't work in the next round.

ace23
03-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Lol, Loyd wanted to throw that alley-oop to Dominic Artis.

Bracket perfect through the first half of the day.

Burgz V2
03-21-2013, 07:06 PM
i had Oregon in my bracket, yeeeeeee. Artis out for 9 games late in the Pac-12 season really hurt them so him healthy was definitely gonna give them a boost. And really OSU was a one man team, LeBryan Nash is overhyped and Markel Brown improved but really isn't battle tested.

Burgz V2
03-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Lol, Loyd wanted to throw that alley-oop to Dominic Artis.

Bracket perfect through the first half of the day.

nice, I messed up on the New Mexico State game, thought they could pull the upset. Also the Wichita State game. Thought PITT would at least get out of the first round playing an MVC opponent. Hopefully Saint Louis and Wichita dont keep winning cuz then id be f*cked :oldlol:

Maniak
03-21-2013, 07:26 PM
nc a&t getting the hurt put on them.

oh nice belmont arizona is up soon. that and cal/unlv should be good. well, everythings good.

imdaman99
03-21-2013, 07:35 PM
not a good start by michigan. but hardaway jr starting to heat up

JerrySteakhouse
03-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Where can I catch the Michigan game online??

NVM --> http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/?ncaa_mid=persistence-bar:%20mml

Burgz V2
03-21-2013, 07:38 PM
im torn. if michigan loses it will destroy my bracket, but I'll also be SOOOOOO happy they lost in the 1st round :lol

imdaman99
03-21-2013, 07:44 PM
why you so shaky burke? :mad:

KG215
03-21-2013, 07:55 PM
i had Oregon in my bracket, yeeeeeee. Artis out for 9 games late in the Pac-12 season really hurt them so him healthy was definitely gonna give them a boost. And really OSU was a one man team, LeBryan Nash is overhyped and Markel Brown improved but really isn't battle tested.
And they still managed to do enough to finish 3rd in the regular season in the Pac-12 without Artis for 9 of those games. I believe they were in 1st before he got hurt. You'd think the committee would've been bright enough to take that into account, see that they won the Pac-12 tournament with a healthy Artis, and give them a more appropriate seed.

JMT
03-21-2013, 07:55 PM

Nash is a solid offensive player who had a really, REALLY bad game. Every bad performance doesn't equal overhyped.

Burgz V2
03-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Nash is a solid offensive player who had a really, REALLY bad game. Every bad performance doesn't equal overhyped.

Really? Because every time they play someone relevant he just so happens to have really, REALLY bad games as well

What happened when they played Gonzaga?

What happened when they played KState the first time this season?

Didn't show up either games in conference play against the Jayhawks either.

It's curious that he chooses the games when his team needs him most to have his worst games. But I guess a half dozen bad games against your only worthy opponents =/= overhyped huh? :rolleyes:

JMT
03-21-2013, 08:05 PM
I will jizz in my pants if Miller comes to Pitt.

Reports when he came to AZ were that his wife hates the Northeast, and has family in AZ. Don't know if that's still accurate.

Burgz V2
03-21-2013, 08:11 PM
And they still managed to do enough to finish 3rd in the regular season in the Pac-12 without Gilmore for 9 of those games. I believe they were in 1st before he got hurt. You'd think the committee would've been bright enough to take that into account, see that they won the Pac-12 tournament with a healthy Artis, and give them a more appropriate seed.

Yeah I honestly don't get the criteria anymore. Not only did they seemingly not factor the absences but it seems they ignored the fact that their schedule was EXTREMELY tough when they were gone. @Stanford, @Cal, @UW, @Wash St., Colorado in the span of three weeks. Yikes that's brutal. I think they had their idea of what type of team Oregon was based on their poor record through those games because it was just as the Pac-12 got in full swing.

GOBB
03-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Watching UNLV just to see what Anthoiny Bennett is about. Heard so much about him. Pretty big, strong kid yet mobile.

KG215
03-21-2013, 08:16 PM
The committee really f***ed up this year with some of their seedings. Oregon was also 2-0 against UCLA and they beat Arizona. Isn't UNLV/Cal a rematch from earlier in the year? Aren't they supposed to avoid that in the first round? And UNLV, the 5-seed, is playing Cal, the 12-seed, in San Jose.

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Reports when he came to AZ were that his wife hates the Northeast, and has family in AZ. Don't know if that's still accurate.

Yeah, I heard that too. I kinda want to see Miller coach TJ McConnell next year at AZ anyway.

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Reports when he came to AZ were that his wife hates the Northeast, and has family in AZ. Don't know if that's still accurate.I thought it was basically the opposite, that his wife hates the desert and his family's all back east. He's a Pennsylvania guy through and through obviously.

Arizona's a pretty sweet gig, but Pitt's his alma mater, wife is/was unhappy, say Pitt offers 2.5 mil a year. Would be tough to turn down. And if Pitt goes from Dixon to Miller that's a massive upgrade.

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Watching UNLV just to see what Anthoiny Bennett is about. Heard so much about him. Pretty big, strong kid yet mobile.He's undersized but I don't think it's as big a deal as most, he's basically the exact same size as Larry Johnson. Yeah it'd be nice if he were 6'10, but he'll have no problem playing today's NBA 4.

JMT
03-21-2013, 08:33 PM
I thought it was basically the opposite, that his wife hates the desert and his family's all back east. He's a Pennsylvania guy through and through obviously.

Arizona's a pretty sweet gig, but Pitt's his alma mater, wife is/was unhappy, say Pitt offers 2.5 mil a year. Would be tough to turn down. And if Pitt goes from Dixon to Miller that's a massive upgrade.

Just what I heard.

Anyway, Pitt's a lateral move from Arizona at best. I'd be surprised, but you never know when a guy has ties to the school.

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 08:37 PM
That guy guarding Robinson III has no chance.

Burgz V2
03-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Just what I heard.

Anyway, Pitt's a lateral move from Arizona at best. I'd be surprised, but you never know when a guy has ties to the school.

not really. He would be going from Pac-12 to ACC, much better conference and much more exposure for potential recruits

GOBB
03-21-2013, 09:27 PM
He's undersized but I don't think it's as big a deal as most, he's basically the exact same size as Larry Johnson. Yeah it'd be nice if he were 6'10, but he'll have no problem playing today's NBA 4.

He hasnt impressed me much. I dont seee LJ. UNLV guards sucked trying to get him the ball

Maniak
03-21-2013, 09:36 PM
provided this game continues to go the way it is, 2 of the 16 teams in my sweet sixteen will already be eliminated (UNLV and Shitburgh)

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 09:38 PM
The Mountain West is completely overrated. One good team and a bunch of above average-average teams beating up on each other.

Burgz V2
03-21-2013, 09:40 PM
man Montgomery's plays out of timeouts have been great all game

Burgz V2
03-21-2013, 09:48 PM
well with double bonus the rest of the way and Cal with only 2 timeouts left, UNLV is still very much in this game...unfortunately they are almost unbearable to watch when they can't get in the open court

ace23
03-21-2013, 09:51 PM
I picked UNLV, but that's not a flagrant.

JMT
03-21-2013, 09:52 PM
not really. He would be going from Pac-12 to ACC, much better conference and much more exposure for potential recruits

So he can finish 3-4 behind Duke and UNC every year, or stay at a school with national championship history and a better basketball program, including facilities.

Arizona is a Top 10 job. Pitt, even in the ACC, isn't.

KG215
03-21-2013, 09:53 PM
I thought VCU was a lock already, but they said Akron had one player not even at the game tonight with a back injury, and two others in the hospital until 7 AM with flu like symptoms. Of course unlike Cal and Oregon, Akron was already probably a true 12-seed, and if those 3 players were key players, that probably knocks them down the quality of a 14-15 seed.

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 09:53 PM
I picked UNLV, but that's not a flagrant.

The flagrants called today have been bad.

Burgz V2
03-21-2013, 09:54 PM
wow UNLV definitely does not deserve to win this game. how many breaks do they want? It's gonna bust the 1st round of my bracket but I hope Cal takes this one

ace23
03-21-2013, 09:56 PM
First blemish on my bracket with the UNLV loss.

Maniak
shiiiiieeeeettttt

Burgz V2
wtf? why didnt they just foul Solomon? UNLV is getting exposed

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
What Cal shoot free throws like?

ace23
03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
First blemish on my bracket with the UNLV loss.
Lol spoke too soon?

Cal does not want to win. What is that? 4/5 missed FTs now?

VCU abusing Akron. Lol @ people going for that upset.

Maniak
03-21-2013, 10:04 PM
2 bricks here and i laugh very hard.

ace23
Cobbs choking :roll:

IGotACoolStory
I'm baffled by Cal's strategy. You're making it a free throw game when you can't hit a free throw for shit :lol

Crazy stuff.

ace23
Why would he want to miss the 2nd? Make two and foul.

Maniak
03-21-2013, 10:05 PM
only a snicker from me.

Maniak
03-21-2013, 10:06 PM
what the ****

GOBB
03-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Wow refs blew that no call in the UNLV game. Come on, clear as day foul

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Refs really ****ed over the Rebels there.

Anyone know what Cal shot from the free throw in the last couple minutes? They must have been like 4 for 15 or something.

Maniak
03-21-2013, 10:07 PM
yuck at that inbound

Burgz V2
03-21-2013, 10:10 PM

yup. should have had 4.5 secs on the clock.

the fix is in????? not likely, probably just point shaving :roll:

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 10:11 PM
btw, The level of play in most of these games has been awful. It feels like one long day of NIT basketball.

Maniak
03-21-2013, 10:13 PM
think ill watch harvard/new mexico until colorado/missou gets closer (if it does, which i hope it doesnt)

JerrySteakhouse
03-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Yeah, that was BS...

ace23
03-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Missouri is way too talented to be struggling with Colorado St.

Jailblazers7
03-21-2013, 10:19 PM
btw, The level of play in most of these games has been awful. It feels like one long day of NIT basketball.

Yeah, I took the entire day off just so I could drink beer and watch basketball and I'm pretty disappointed. Only a couple good finishes and a lot of bad basketball.

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Shaka looks like a pale, black, Ginobili.

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2013, 10:43 PM
He hasnt impressed me much. I dont seee LJ. UNLV guards sucked trying to get him the ballI didn't say he was LJ, I said he's LJ sized.

Maniak
03-21-2013, 10:54 PM
wow harvard. looking to ruin everyones "sleeper" or whatever you want to call new mexico

Rose
03-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Luckily I only had new mexico winning this one in all my brackets. So I'm cool with harvard winning. if they win.

ace23
03-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Luckily I only had new mexico winning this one in all my brackets. So I'm cool with harvard winning. if they win.
Lol, I had NM making the Final Four in all of mine.

Rose
03-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Lol, I had NM making the Final Four in all of mine.
I decided when I was making my bracket that I wasn't gonna choose any of the "sleepers" everyone was talking about. So my championship game, in what I think is my best bracket, was hesitantly miami over either Louisville or Kansas State. Then I'm riding the wave with VCU in the final four, because it seems no one is talking about them.

Then decided that NM, SLU, and some other team that people are saying are final four chances I only have going to the sweet 16 at best. I assumed since people stopped talking about VCU, Miami, and Louisville (somewhat I don't like having them in my 4 because they're the number 1 overall, but most people writing them off worked for me) and either Kansas State or Wisconsin winning that region. But in one bracket I took Butler over Miami just...because. and have them losing to VCU and them winning it all.:oldlol:

IGotACoolStory
03-21-2013, 11:14 PM
I have New Mexico to the Sweet 16. I really thought about choosing Arizona to beat them, but I didn't trust those damn Pac 12 teams (and that bit me in the ass today :oldlol: ). I was so sure the Pac 12 and MWC teams would mostly flame out by the end of this weekend. I may have had all of them out in the first two rounds...

Oh, except New Mexico obviously. Checked and that's exactly what i did.

Rose
03-21-2013, 11:17 PM
If it makes you feel any better I fell for Belmont again.:lol

KG215
03-21-2013, 11:28 PM
I didn't say he was LJ, I said he's LJ sized.
Which, in hindsight, is even scarier since Larry Johnson had face-up/wing skills and was an explosive athlete with an above the rim game.

Rose
03-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Dammit.:(

Oh nice! 3 fts.

KG215
03-21-2013, 11:50 PM
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
VCU's 46-point win is the largest margin of victory ever in the NCAA Tournament by a team not seeded 1 or 2 since seeding began.
I know Akron had some guys with the flu and another out with a back injury, but still. Obviously they wouldn't have made Akron 46 points better. That's pretty damn impressive.

Rose
03-21-2013, 11:54 PM
:banana: Harvard is responding every time. Love it. Rivard's 3s have been fairly well timed too. Either extending the run or responding to a New Mexico 3.

imdaman99
03-21-2013, 11:59 PM
lets go nerds!!!!!!!!!!! harvard woooooooooooooooo

Maniak
03-22-2013, 12:00 AM
oh my lanta

Rose
03-22-2013, 12:01 AM
I guess people saying Montana would at least play Cuse close (Kornheiser) are pissed off right now.:oldlol:

imdaman99
03-22-2013, 12:01 AM
im gonna pretend the nba doesnt exist for the next few days if we are getting nailbiters every night :rockon:

KG215
03-22-2013, 12:07 AM
im gonna pretend the nba doesnt exist for the next few days if we are getting nailbiters every night :rockon:
There weren't any intriguing NBA games on tonight, thankfully. I did see where the 76ers choked in Denver, though. Up by 5 with like 9 seconds to go, Evan Turner missed 2 FT's, and the Nuggets won 101-100. On another note, how the hell did the awful 76ers damn near win in Denver?

imdaman99
03-22-2013, 12:10 AM
There weren't any intriguing NBA games on tonight, thankfully. I did see where the 76ers choked in Denver, though. Up by 5 with like 9 seconds to go, Evan Turner missed 2 FT's, and the Nuggets won 101-100. On another note, how the hell did the awful 76ers damn near win in Denver?
letdown game. they got up for okc, and blew their load there. lucky for them the 6ers choked the game away

ace23
03-22-2013, 12:13 AM
holy shit :facepalm

imdaman99
03-22-2013, 12:15 AM
wtf man, harvard has burned all their timeouts. get the fckin ball in, you geniuses.

Rose
03-22-2013, 12:16 AM
wtf man, harvard has burned all their timeouts. get the fckin ball in, you geniuses.
High IQ does not equal high basketball IQ.:oldlol:

KG215
03-22-2013, 12:16 AM
How the f**k did Montana manage to get a 13-seed...just one seed lower than Oregon and Cal (as I've already pointed out were badly underseeded) and one seed higher than Davidson despite Davidson being 15 spots higher in RPI, 73 spots better than Kenpom, and Davidson had a head-to-head win over Montana.

The committee I felt did a good job on who they included and left out this year, but they really f**ked up quite a bit on seedings this year.

Rose
03-22-2013, 12:20 AM
And brackets are busted.:applause: :bowdown: :banana:

InspiredLebowski
first NCAA win ever, congrats nerds

IGotACoolStory
But, But.. #RPI conference!

Maniak
03-22-2013, 12:21 AM
yep.

i actually had arizona over new mexico but changed it...woulda helped i guess.

im personally not as hurt as a lot of others will be though.

ace23
03-22-2013, 12:25 AM
RIP to my brackets. :roll:

InspiredLebowski
03-22-2013, 12:25 AM
stop acting like all those Harvard players are going to be brain surgeons and rocket scientists. they've relaxed acceptance standards for athletes big time.

Rose
03-22-2013, 12:28 AM
stop acting like all those Harvard players are going to be brain surgeons and rocket scientists. they've relaxed acceptance standards for athletes big time.
:rolleyes:

Harvard athletes>>Purdue athletes.

Yea u:mad:

ace23
03-22-2013, 12:28 AM
lolwut? You're the only one acting like that: "congrats, nerds"

InspiredLebowski
03-22-2013, 12:29 AM
lolwut? You're the only one acting like that: "congrats, nerds"I'm talking about the postgame guys

SourPatchKids

http://www.gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Celebrities/Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.g if

KG215
yep.

i actually had arizona over new mexico but changed it...woulda helped i guess.

im personally not as hurt as a lot of others will be though.
Same here. Went back-and-forth between Arizona and New Mexico and ultimately settling on New Mexico last night.

And VCU just set the record or biggest MOV by a non 1 or 2 seed since seeding began, and Syracuse may break the record just a few hours later.

InspiredLebowski
03-22-2013, 12:30 AM
:rolleyes:

Harvard athletes>>Purdue athletes.

Yea u:mad:Probably. Not that I'd ever try and talk up the vast majority of money sport Purdue athletes. I've met and known plenty to know you don't have to be very bright to play basketball or football at most the majority of schools.

Rose
03-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Probably. Not that I'd ever try and talk up the vast majority of money sport Purdue athletes. I've met and known plenty to know you don't have to be very bright to play basketball or football at most the majority of schools.
My trolling became pointless when I found out you were talking about the post game guys, and not ISH posters talking about Harvard.

Maniak
03-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Same here. Went back-and-forth between Arizona and New Mexico and ultimately settling on New Mexico last night.

And VCU just set the record or biggest MOV by a non 1 or 2 seed since seeding began, and Syracuse may break the record just a few hours later.
yep. pretty embarrassing for those teams.

very excited for tomorrow. obviously looking forward to all games.

what do you guys think will be the biggest upset in terms of seed differential?

InspiredLebowski
03-22-2013, 12:37 AM
At least this Montana asskicking isn't on CBS, so there's that at least

kNicKz
03-22-2013, 01:04 AM

:kobe:

Kujo
03-22-2013, 05:43 AM
Damn, 1 of my final 4 picks is already done (New Mexico). They couldn't be Harvard? :facepalm I probably should have picked Ohio State.

In all seriousness, Harvard pretty much played the perfect game from what I saw. I guess this serves me right for listening to Seth Davis.

I expect more top seeds to go down tomorrow.

kNicKz
03-22-2013, 09:11 AM
You had New Mexico in the final four? :roll:

I thought my bracket was retarded

Tarik One
03-22-2013, 10:45 AM
A lot of powerhouses play today. I mean "powerhouse" In relative terms.

Gotta figure out some ways to sneak out to the lobby

ace23
03-22-2013, 11:38 AM
But, But.. #RPI conference!
Didn't you say that the Mountain West has one good team? Who is that good team if it's not New Mexico? What does conference RPI have to do with anything?

Snoop_Cat
03-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Where the hell is Andrew Wiggins going to sign now?

Part of me almost wishes that he would sign with Duke to form a dynamic duo with Jabari Parker. The two best players in the country teaming up to take down the Kentucky Wildcats?

You can't make this stuff up.

KG215
03-22-2013, 12:33 PM

Part of me almost wishes that he would sign with Duke to form a dynamic duo with Jabari Parker. The two best players in the country teaming up to take down the Kentucky Wildcats?

Duke's not even a finalist.

KG215
03-22-2013, 12:35 PM
You had New Mexico in the final four? :roll:

I thought my bracket was retarded
New Mexico was a somewhat common Final Four selection or at least fairly common Elite 8 pick.

Burgz V2
03-22-2013, 01:19 PM

You can, because Duke isn't on his list.

Twiens
03-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Wisconsin is unwatchable

IGotACoolStory
03-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Didn't you say that the Mountain West has one good team? Who is that good team if it's not New Mexico? What does conference RPI have to do with anything?

How about getting the #1 RPI because all they were doing was beating up on each other, and were seeded as such.

But when it came to the major conferences, the rest of us got screwed over. The selection committee said just as much. RPI was the reasoning for the Mountain West. Scheduling the reasoning for the conferences that actually play someone.

It was a bullshit double standard that left out better teams in the NIT and put the teams that did make it at a major disadvantage (horrible seeding).

JMT
03-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Wisconsin is unwatchable

Why? JUst curious.

JMT
03-22-2013, 01:55 PM
It was a bullshit double standard that left out better teams in the NIT and put the teams that did make it at a major disadvantage (horrible seeding).

What better teams do you think went to the NIT vs at large NCAA bids?

IGotACoolStory
03-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Boise State over UVA.

Although my primary gripe is the seeding issue.

Twiens
03-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Why? JUst curious.

Not a fan of these 40-35 wins they always get. Soooo slow and deliberate. Can't blame them though, gets them W's against teams they have no business beating.

Burgz V2
03-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Man Wisconsin looked so great in the Big 10 tourney and now they are just stinking up the gym. They shouldn't even be in this game the way they are shooting

IGotACoolStory
03-22-2013, 02:23 PM

I know nothing, but been following this how ever I can.

If you want my gut feeling? I honestly think he ends up at Kansas.

-Still think UK recruited themselves out of it. There is just no playing time left. I mean... I realize he's Wiggins and he will be the one getting the PT, but you have to realize the rest of the roster, much of which chose UK to be spotlighted for a year then head to the NBA. The spotlight can only shine on so many players in a 40 minutes basketball game.

-I think if he wanted to go to FSU, he would just do it by now. His parents want him there... He has the connections with the coach and his best friend is heading there.. He OVed to the other finalists to see what was out there. What's the hold up? Also some have alluded to FSU's struggling possibly playing a factor. Has it? I don't think so. Something to think about, though.

-I heard some stuff about how Wiggins questioned how Roy handles a top recruit. So much so that he reached out to Barnes (and another unnamed UNC player) asking about Roy... Apparently Barnes and the other guy answered glowingly, but you got to wonder if that still remains in the back of his head.

-That leaves KU. I continue to read and hear about how well he hit it off with Bill Self... And that I can't shake that. He'll have some talent, even though KU is losing like their entire starting 5, I think. Just seems like an overall comfortable one year situation for him.

Now it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at any of the 4 schools. Some Kentucky, I guess. Who knows what is true? Also heard shoes might play a part (which would likely favor UNC). Heard he might just do what his parents want him to (obviously in favor of FSU). Yesterday someone said Andrew's high school coach heard Andrew came to a decision and he just needs to convince his parents. That would probably mean it's either UK, KU, or UNC. He's probably waiting to see who enters the draft, but is it to see who stays or who leaves? Competing for a National Championship next year might be a major factor.

I don't know.

Oh yeah, heard he might pop at the JBC. Also that he might just do it over twitter one night as he wants none of that attention. The funny part is the latter would fit exactly how this recruitment has gone.

Some radio guy with connections to UNC has been calling Wiggins to UNC for over a month. A former UK player was calling Wiggins to UK all day yesterday.

To summarize: It's likely no one knows anything. All you can really pull out, imo, is that he wants to play at a school where he's comfortable with the coach and where his parents are comfortable letting him play. Those two have been the only two consistent's all along.

Burgz V2
03-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Henderson from the parking lot!!!!