PDA

View Full Version : Cousins calls Sean Elliot immature, after waiting for him after the game butthurt

Godzuki
11-11-2012, 02:03 PM
about comments Elliot made regarding Cousins disrespecting Duncan. this guy :facepalm

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/11/10/nba-looking-into-elliott-incident-with-cousins/

By Mike Monroe

PORTLAND, Ore. — The NBA is looking into a postgame confrontation between Sacramento Kings forward DeMarcus Cousins and broadcaster Sean Elliott that took place on the Sleep Train Arena court after the Spurs’ 97-86 victory in Sacramento on Friday.

Elliott, the former Spurs star who serves as analyst on the locally produced telecasts of Spurs games, criticized Cousins for “talking trash” about Spurs captain Tim Duncan during the fourth quarter.

After overpowering Duncan for two baskets and drawing a shooting foul on the Spurs star with about five minutes left, Cousins bellowed to his teammates on the Kings’ bench after drawing a shooting foul on the future Hall of Famer.

Elliott paraphrased Cousins as saying, “I’m going to bust his (expletive).”

Elliott responded after Duncan blocked a Cousins shot at the rim and scored three baskets.

“That’s why some humility is in order,” Elliott said on the air. “You think you’re dominating Tim Duncan, you get it stuffed right back in your face. Timmy doesn’t like to talk trash. But if guys start talking mess to him, he’s going to respond. All that trash talking was premature. I’m not about to let these guys off the hook. Young ballclub should learn from this. Don’t start talking and flapping your gums against one of the greatest players ever. He’s going to make you pay. Tell me who got the best of this exchange.”

Apparently informed postgame of Elliott’s remarks, Cousins appeared on the court in his uniform and confronted Elliott after he and broadcaster Bill Land completed their postgame show.

“I was wondering why Cousins was out there in his uniform waiting for them to finish his postgame show,” said Bill Schoening, who does the play-by-play call on radio broadcasts of Spurs games. “Then I saw them in an animated conversation out on the court.

“I observed Sean walk away from Cousins and Cousins continue to talk to Sean as he left the scene, but I couldn’t hear what was being said.”

An NBA spokesperson said the league is aware of, and reviewing, the incident.

Elliott declined to comment, saying he would let the league investigate and respond as it saw fit.

Cousins was critical of Elliott’s on-air commentary, telling the Sacramento Bee newspaper the Spurs broadcaster was “immature.”

ashlar
11-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Cousins needs to grow out of this kind of stuff if he wants to become a great player.

Rockets(T-mac)
11-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Lol at cousins calling someone else immature.

Whoah10115
11-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Cousins has to get his emotions under some kind of control.

And Sean Elliot should stop being so lame. To say he's a homer is too kind.

Shepseskaf
11-11-2012, 02:17 PM
And Sean Elliot should stop being so lame. To say he's a homer is too kind.
So true.

If you're a professional broadcaster, even if you're working for a specific team, you should never say "we" when referencing said team.

Go Getter
11-11-2012, 02:17 PM
NBA Vets talk shit like that so idk why Elliot is relating it to age.

Rake2204
11-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Lol at cousins calling someone else immature.I, too, found that portion relatively amusing.

Also, I know no one really cares but for the sake of knowledge, Sean's last name is Elliott, with two t's.

Swaggin916
11-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Cousins needs to grow out of this kind of stuff if he wants to become a great player.

Cousins will never be a great player he is a complete spaz

senelcoolidge
11-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Seriously this guy has the mind of a child. :facepalm

swi7ch
11-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Can't wait for this guy to join Team USA and start another World War! :applause:

tmacattack33
11-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Basically all local sports broadcasting teams would say something like that about their team. It's pretty normal.

And actually, I think even a neutral TNT or ESPN broadcaster would say something like that. I can definitely see Reggie Miller or Van Gundy saying that.

Nick Young
11-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Pau Gasol for Demarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans, get it done Mitch

SCdac
11-11-2012, 02:55 PM
People love Elliott in SA. He's on our side, as he should be, and nobody in the 210 has a problem with that. Hell, his jersey is hanging in the rafters, what do you expect?... Demarcus is going to get butt hurt alot in this league.

cuad
11-11-2012, 03:03 PM
That article describes a few instances where Cousins "overpowers" Duncan. Well, I watched the game, and he did not overpower anything. All he did was get away with blatant offensive fouls. Tim Duncan still schooled his ass.

Killer_Instinct
11-11-2012, 03:11 PM
There's nothing wrong with trash talk. There's something wrong with waiting for an analyst because he said something you didn't like, primarily something as petty as said analyst calling you "immature." DeMarcus is good player with a heap of potential, but he's his own worst enemy.

KyrieTheFuture
11-11-2012, 03:52 PM
I find it far more embarrassing on Elliots part. Let Tim back himself dog he doesn't need you to talk crap about DMC. DMC just being DMC by crying about it after.

monkeypox
11-11-2012, 05:01 PM
The most shocking thing about that story is that the Kings play in Sleep Train Arena. Is there a worse name out there? Lol. I thought power bad was bad...

33teeth
11-11-2012, 05:05 PM
I think DMC was idiotic doing what he did here, but Elliot is the most gigantic D-bag there is doing NBA games. Insane homerism everytime I've heard him. Not typical homerism - monsterous insane homerism. Anyone who thinks it's OK is also a D-bag. Which pretty much covers everyong in Texas :oldlol: (I kid on the Texas hate).

Myth
11-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Lol at cousins calling someone else immature.

My thoughts exactly. Cousins waits for a guy to confront him, and then calls that guy immature. Classic Cousins :lol

Darius
11-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Not a Cousins fan but Sean Elliot is the most irritating homer announcer in the L so, in this case, more power to big baby Cousins.

NLZ
11-11-2012, 05:51 PM
No words... just :lol

Peteballa
11-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Cousins is like a little kid.

NumberSix
11-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Oh, so we gonna act like Cousins is the one guy who isn't allowed to talk trash? Niqqa please. The dude can say whatever he wants. If he don't back it up, that's on him but let's not act like trash talk isn't standard routine.

TheBigVeto
11-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Pau Gasol for Demarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans, get it done Mitch

LOL this guy scared Cousins gonna punk Kobe.

Kujo
11-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Sean Elliot is awful color announcer. That being said, Cousin's is a major immature head case. Professional athletes can't be doing stuff like that.

RaininTwos
11-11-2012, 07:23 PM
I really can't judge this without knowing what was said. The word "confronts" paints a picture filled with ill feelings but who knows what he said.

I think the way Elliot handled it was idiotic. There is nothing wrong with competing and talking trash to anyone. It wasn't premature at all. Was he supposed to wait until after the game and moment was lost to talk trash to duncan? That's just stupid.

Now approaching or confronting elliot after the game was dumb, but I would like to know what was said. Cousins should have just called him an idiot if asked about it after the game and left it there.

jl1718
11-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Cousins suspended two games.

insidehoops
11-11-2012, 08:15 PM
The Sacramento Kings

Legends66NBA7
11-11-2012, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=insidehoops]The Sacramento Kings

jbot
11-11-2012, 08:36 PM
elliot needs to get off of dunca's nads. he's got that steve kerr thing going on.

InspiredLebowski
11-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Cousins can't be doing that stuff, be a professional.

But since I don't care about the Kings at all, good on him. Sean Elliott really is downright awful at his job.

G-train
11-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Why was he suspended again?
Talking to someone after the game?

:roll:

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Lol at this dude being 32 yRs old and bringing up kobe's name in every thread he responds too.

bigkingsfan
11-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Give him a fine and moved on. Not a suspension when players don't get suspended for talking about refs.

andremiller07
11-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Give him a fine and moved on. Not a suspension when players don't get suspended for talking about refs.

Yeah ns a large fine would be great instead of missing 2 games, he didn't hit him or anythign like that from what i read no need to suspend him

irondarts
11-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Can't believe he got suspended. That's just stupid.

LakersForlife
11-11-2012, 10:58 PM
TL;Dr but cousins really waited for the analyst what a butthurt. ask who is MWP's phsychiatrist these to could be classmates

AK47DR91
11-11-2012, 11:01 PM
They really need to hire some behavioral counselors for that Kings team. Isn't clean cut kid, Thomas Robinson, serving a suspension for elbowing somebody in the throat?

wakencdukest
11-11-2012, 11:03 PM

Do you ever say anything intelligent?

wakencdukest
11-11-2012, 11:13 PM
So, Sean Elliott is a homer and a terrible color man. That's beside the point. He ain't the only one. Cousins is a dumb motherf#cker, he needs to learn how to deal with criticism. As a matter of fact, he needs to learn how to deal with everyday life.

niko
11-11-2012, 11:47 PM
WTF was he suspended for? Being an ass? Half the league should be suspended here and there. Did he at some point try to physically attack Sean? Or imply it? Or was this just verbal.

if its just verbal im having trouble understanding why he was suspended two games, as much of a dick as he is.

RoseCity07
11-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Cousins is a bum.

steve
11-12-2012, 02:22 AM
WTF was he suspended for? Being an ass? Half the league should be suspended here and there. Did he at some point try to physically attack Sean? Or imply it? Or was this just verbal.

if its just verbal im having trouble understanding why he was suspended two games, as much of a dick as he is.

It's that he waited over a half hour after the game (from the sound of it, not even going back to the lockerroom) to basically yell at Elliott for criticizing him. Most players have enough common sense not to do something like this and there have behavioral complaints about Cousins in the past, but it needs to be reinforced that players can't do things like this. The league can't take a chance on something like this because there's the possibility that it could escalate into a physical altercation and then they'd have actual criminal charges on their hands.

Floppy
11-12-2012, 08:28 AM
It's Sean Elliott so it's ok.

Easily the biggest ass among all the commentators.

Rake2204
11-12-2012, 09:13 AM
It's that he waited over a half hour after the game (from the sound of it, not even going back to the lockerroom) to basically yell at Elliott for criticizing him. Most players have enough common sense not to do something like this and there have behavioral complaints about Cousins in the past, but it needs to be reinforced that players can't do things like this. The league can't take a chance on something like this because there's the possibility that it could escalate into a physical altercation and then they'd have actual criminal charges on their hands.Yep, I'm guessing the NBA wouldn't be too pumped about setting a precedent suggesting it's okay for players to verbally or physically confront color analysts after games because they did not appreciate being criticized.

Separately, I'm wondering who informed Cousins directly after the game of what Elliott said on the air. And why is the idea of not talking premature trash being taken so offensively? "How dare he object to my obnoxious suggestion that I may soon defeat my opponent with great zeal?"

dunksby
11-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Dumb reason to suspend a player for two games, so NBA now trying to protect its annoying biased analysts who get to talk trash all the time too? Promoting passive aggressive behavior is pathetic.

bluechox2
11-12-2012, 09:55 AM
elliot a super homer :lol doesnt deserve to be a play by play analyst if hes cant draw neutral comments out of his head