PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Jeremy Lin has been disappointing so far but he is not the only one

gyu
11-13-2012, 01:52 AM
Before I get called a homer fanboy, I admit I'm a fan of Jeremy but I do agree he has played poorly thus far and has not played up to his $8mill/year. However, other pg's have been quietly struggling yet Jeremy's the only one getting all the attention.

Jrue Holiday: 18 ppg (45% fg), 4 rpg, 10 apg, 6 turnovers, 2 spg (Linsanity type numbers, yet no one has been criticizing his ridiculous turnovers like they did Lin)

Stephen Curry: 18 ppg (38% fg), 5 rpg, 5 apg, 3 turnovers, 2 spg (I thought he's supposed to be the next Steve Nash?)

Deron Williams: 16 ppg (46% fg), 2 rpg, 7 apg, 4 turnovers, 1 spg (this guy was arguably the top PG in the last few seasons. He does issues with his knee this season though.)

Ty Lawson: 14 ppg (39% fg), 3 rpg, 8 apg, 3 turnovers, 2 spg (stats most comparable to Lin's this season)

Jeremy Lin: 12ppg (37% fg), 5 rpg, 7 apg, 3 turnovers, 3 spg

*Note: All averages do not include today's games (Nov. 12), I use yahoo sports to track stats and they have not updated it yet.

Just like Lin, most of these guys have recently signed large contracts. Are they playing up to it?

andremiller07
11-13-2012, 01:58 AM
The guy Lin replaced @ the rockets has been having a wonderful run for the suns to begin with Goran Dragic. Hes lead the suns to a 4-4 record which considering the squad is fair good while avg 16ppg on 45% and 7.6 assists

RRR3
11-13-2012, 02:01 AM
My boy Mario Chalmers is struggling a bit with his shooting and scoring too. His passing looks miles better, though.

gyu
11-13-2012, 02:02 AM
The guy Lin replaced @ the rockets has been having a wonderful run for the suns to begin with Goran Dragic. Hes lead the suns to a 4-4 record which considering the squad is fair good while avg 16ppg on 45% and 7.6 assists
Yup, him and Lowry are BALLIN :pimp: hope they can both keep it up. I still support ex-Rockets, Lowry's actually still one of my favorite players.

BrickingStar
11-13-2012, 02:03 AM
And jeremy lin is still the most over hyped/over rated out of all of those and let alone his stats will still take a dip after todays game

andremiller07
11-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Yup, him and Lowry are BALLIN :pimp: hope they can both keep it up. I still support ex-Rockets, Lowry's actually still one of my favorite players.

Damn i forgot all about Lowry i only seen him in one game where he tore D-Will this season i think he got injured recently to

gyu
11-13-2012, 02:10 AM
And jeremy lin is still the most over hyped/over rated out of all of those and let alone his stats will still take a dip after todays game
His stats won't take that much of a dip and will also improve in a couple categories. -3 points off his average, - 1 assist, -1 turnover, -2 steals, +3 blocks, -4 rebounds.

Maybe it is just me but he hasn't gotten much hype at all, especially compared to Linsanity days with the Knicks. Unless you consider trolls making threads on here (with the sole purpose of generating hate btw) when he has a somewhat decent game hype?

BrickingStar
11-13-2012, 02:15 AM
His stats won't take that much of a dip and will also improve in a couple categories. -3 points off his average, - 1 assist, -1 turnover, -2 steals, +3 blocks, -4 rebounds.

Maybe it is just me but he hasn't gotten much hype at all, especially compared to Linsanity days with the Knicks. Unless you consider trolls making threads on here (with the sole purpose of generating hate btw) when he has a somewhat decent game hype?
Couple is more than 1 and you need to add -1000 in the clutch. Have you seen his facebook some people (let me be real they are mostly asians) think he could be a number 1 option or delusionally think he's a star player :lol

He's also playing 34 minutes a freaking game and will be closing in on 10 pts per game that's just horrible

Phantom_Blue
11-13-2012, 02:16 AM
Meh, I think we should just stop defending him. Hopefully Lin will live up to that contract in his tenure (which I think would be putting up 15/7/5/2 on 45%) but until then there will be always be criticism if the numbers aren't there.

And he's not going to put up those numbers until this team finds out their offensive identity and they figure how how they want to use Lin & Harden, because up until now these guys have been flip flopping roles on running the offense.

gyu
11-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Couple is more than 1 and you need to add -1000 in the clutch. Have you seen his facebook some people (let me be real they are mostly asians) think he could be a number 1 option or delusionally think he's a star player :lol
I consider -1 turnovers an improvement and +3 blocks an improvement, what about you? Plus, how are facebook fans generating hype? I don't go on his facebook so I don't even know this "hype" exists, therefore it is not hype. How can you call it hype if you can only see it on his facebook page? Hype is generated through the media.

BrickingStar
11-13-2012, 02:21 AM
I consider -1 turnovers an improvement and +3 blocks an improvement, what about you? Plus, how are facebook fans generating hype? I don't go on his facebook so I don't even know this "hype" exists, therefore it is not hype. Hype is generated through the media.
I thought you mean turnovers in a negative way either way his stats will get worse overall

Wang Zhi Zhi
11-13-2012, 02:28 AM
:biggums: everyone of them better than the airballin *****:roll: my son u even watch ball???:lol

gyu
11-13-2012, 02:41 AM
He's also playing 34 minutes a freaking game and will be closing in on 10 pts per game that's just horrible
Ty Lawson is averaging over 38 minutes a game and he's doing something similar. At least they both know they are struggling with their shot and don't keep chucking.

noob cake
11-13-2012, 02:55 AM
Lin will be alright. He will never be a star, but he is a solid player. He is smart and always learning. Most of his turnovers are result of carelessness. If he sticks in the league for a few more years averaging something like 14/5/7, he would have an amazing career and be a great veteran to have in the locker room.

EoJ
11-13-2012, 02:59 AM
Lin is basically still a rookie. give him some time.

NuggetsFan
11-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Lawson has been playing like garbage. He's been efficient his entire career. No clue what's going on but scary seeing his current play after his paycheck. People expected progression, or at the very least similar play and so far you've got him regressing.

Feel for Houston if Jeremy Lin has been comparable or from what I've seen arguably worse.

keep-itreal
11-13-2012, 04:53 AM
give him some time. If you look at his career as a starter, he only played less than half a season. Last season was shortened, and he only played for like two months competitively before he went out with the injury. He needs time to develop his skills and progress.

Shepseskaf
11-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Once again, the fanboys make fools of themselves by making threads about a below-average point guard who's not playing well.

Then, they scream and complain when people "hate" on Lin.

You can't have it both ways. If you want people to stop commenting negative on him, then stop making these stupid posts.

Euroleague
11-13-2012, 06:44 AM
The biggest disappointment is Deron Williams. He sucked last year with Besiktas and the Nets, and he sucks again this year.

He's lazy and fat and his career is spiraling down the Baron Davis trajectory.

Lin is coming off surgery and was ridiculously over hyped to begin with.

Lawson simply isn't a good player to be totally honest about it.

Curry is injury prone and ridiculously bad at defense. I don't see what all the fuss ever was with him.

Holiday is obviously a guy with inflated stats. His stats look a lot better than how good he is and what his actual impact is.

Really, Lin should be the least disappointing, due to coming off a knee surgery and that he was being overrated. Williams is the top disappointment, because he was actually great at one time, and just got lazy. Lawson should not really even be disappointing anyone. He's an average player at best.

mikek85
11-13-2012, 06:55 AM
The biggest disappointment is Deron Williams. He sucked last year with Besiktas and the Nets, and he sucks again this year.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :rockon:

RRR3
11-13-2012, 07:05 AM

Curry is injury prone and ridiculously bad at defense. I don't see what all the fuss ever was with him.

Holiday is obviously a guy with inflated stats. His stats look a lot better than how good he is and what his actual impact is.

Really, Lin should be the least disappointing, due to coming off a knee surgery and that he was being overrated. Williams is the top disappointment, because he was actually great at one time, and just got lazy. Lawson should not really even be disappointing anyone. He's an average player at best.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Mad he peppered Europe's respective anus? Still furious he shut down VSpan?
LOL @ Lawson not being good. He's a legend compared to VSpan.

Bigsmoke
11-13-2012, 07:10 AM

Do u always defend players that are not black?

Jyap9675
11-13-2012, 07:13 AM
Lmao didnt besiktas retire Dwill's jersey?

RRR3
11-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Euroleague raging like mad right now.

Shepseskaf
11-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Do u always defend players that are not black?
Speculation is, he's from Arkansas.

RRR3
11-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Speculation is, he's from Arkansas.
Not speculation, it's been confirmed.

roffie
11-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Ersan has been a huge disappointment

gyu
11-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Once again, the fanboys make fools of themselves by making threads about a below-average point guard who's not playing well.

Then, they scream and complain when people "hate" on Lin.

You can't have it both ways. If you want people to stop commenting negative on him, then stop making these stupid posts.
I don't know how you can say you don't "hate" on Jeremy, I've only seen you post in Jeremy Lin/Houston Rockets related threads and none of your posts have been positive. I'm not even propping Jeremy up in this thread so what's so stupid about this thread? You're pretty much saying as long as there are absolutely NO Jeremy Lin posts, people will stop "hating". That doesn't seem to work anyways because you'll just post in the game threads.

I like how you completely ignore the play of the good-elite point guards I've posted who have even bigger contracts than Jeremy.

In case you are wondering, I don't think Jeremy is an elite point guard who would take Houston into the playoffs (before and after the acquisition of Harden), he's an average point guard with decent potential.

niko
11-13-2012, 02:08 PM

:lol

R.I.P.
11-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Don

Clutch
11-13-2012, 02:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16CU0VT1uC4

50 points :lol

Whoah10115
11-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Outside of the turnovers, Holiday has been great. Plays good defense (tho I've seen him play better D than he has so far). I'd say he is, without question, the best PG of the 09 class and he's the one with the highest potential. He's on his way to being a top 10 PG, which is pretty amazing in this league.

People who compare Stephen Curry to Steve Nash should stop. Right now. Nash is playmaking personified. Stephen Curry is a shooting guard.

BTW, how many PG's lead the nation in scoring? Only the ones who should be playing the 2 in the NBA. Let's not forget that Curry only moved to PG in his last year at Davidson, to help the team and also to prepare for the league, as people didn't think he could get his shot off at the 2...well, he should be playing the 2 right now.

gyu
11-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Outside of the turnovers, Holiday has been great. Plays good defense (tho I've seen him play better D than he has so far). I'd say he is, without question, the best PG of the 09 class and he's the one with the highest potential. He's on his way to being a top 10 PG, which is pretty amazing in this league.

I haven't watched Jrue this season, love his scrappy game but I'd still take Lowry over Jrue :D . What's up with Jrue's turnovers this season though? Has he just been more reckless driving to the basket or something? He's averaging 6 turnovers a game on 9 assists now after yesterday's game.

Darius
11-13-2012, 03:32 PM
My boy Mario Chalmers is struggling a bit with his shooting and scoring too. His passing looks miles better, though.
In his defense, he has a highly promising hiphop career to attend to.

Darius
11-13-2012, 03:37 PM

Euroleague makes a relatively sane post and its actually about the NBA :applause:

rodman91
11-13-2012, 03:43 PM
They have retired Williams jersey in Besiktas! :lol

Anyway, Tyreke Evans is huge dissapointment.

12.4 (37%) 3.6 apg

StroShow4
11-13-2012, 03:53 PM
All of those other guys you listed have proven a lot more than Lin has.

Darius
11-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Anyhow, regarding Lin:

People on this board are, on the whole, idiotic a lot of time.

They somehow factor BSPN "hyping" a player into their analysis of how good he is.

Everyone knew this guy was average after the Heat game last year where he was scared to dribble the ball over half court...

Whoah10115
11-13-2012, 04:05 PM
I haven't watched Jrue this season, love his scrappy game but I'd still take Lowry over Jrue :D . What's up with Jrue's turnovers this season though? Has he just been more reckless driving to the basket or something? He's averaging 6 turnovers a game on 9 assists now after yesterday's game.

Turner is a great rebounder...but he isn't doing anything else. I think that's a big part of it. Also, Holiday is taking on the burden of losing Iguodala and not having Bynum.

And to your first point, so would I.

B-Low
11-13-2012, 06:35 PM

If he was a rookie he'd be making rookie money. He is not. So he is not.

NumberSix
11-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Dude is a bench PG calibre player. He's playing to exactly what his realistic standards would suggest. Decent, not great.

millwad
11-13-2012, 06:55 PM
If he was a rookie he'd be making rookie money. He is not. So he is not.

Great point, B-Low.

There's a great amount of people who use excuses like OP after people write or say negative things about Lin. Lin is for god sake the second most expensive point guard in Houston Rockets history, he's not supposed to be a role player and he's not supposed to only be good at stealing the balland shoot FT's very well.

Lin has been mediocre this far and of course people will be unhappy when Lin is so mediocre. And what pisses the most people off is people like OP who use excuses for everything Lin fails at and nothing is his fault.

This thread is so stupid anyway, so just because another point guard plays bad, is it also OK for Lin to be mediocre then? How does that even make sense? The most of the hate Lin gets is because people like OP do anything to hype him up but when he plays bad they use every excuse they can find.

millwad
11-13-2012, 07:00 PM
But I must say, alot of us overreacted in earlier threads and of course it's not Lin's fault that the Rockets overrated him like crazy. So if anyone deserves hate it should be the GM, Morey.

But yeah, Houston fans are upset because the Rockets went from having two really good point guards in Lowry and Dragic to having one overpaid point guard who's mediocre.

niko
11-13-2012, 07:06 PM
But I must say, alot of us overreacted in earlier threads and of course it's not Lin's fault that the Rockets overrated him like crazy. So if anyone deserves hate it should be the GM, Morey.

But yeah, Houston fans are upset because the Rockets went from having two really good point guards in Lowry and Dragic to having one underpaid point guard who's mediocre.

Toney Douglas?

ripthekik
11-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Lin is for god sake the second most expensive point guard in Houston Rockets history
wtf you keep saying this as if it means a thing :roll: :roll: :roll:

Brandon Roy earns $16,359,805 from the Blazers this year. What's he doing for them? Gilbert Arenas, Rashard Lewis, they're all the most expensive contracts in the NBA, not just for their position. What are they doing for their teams?

Second most expensive in Rockets history :roll: :roll: :roll: who gives a fukc. James Harden is probably getting a bigger contract than Yao, Tmac, or Hakeem as well, is he producing like them?

RRR3
11-13-2012, 07:13 PM
In his defense, he has a highly promising hiphop career to attend to.
:lol He needs to get his priorities straight though.

millwad
11-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Toney Douglas?

Haha, what the hell, massive fail.. :D

I edited it now.. :cheers:

Money 23
11-13-2012, 07:16 PM
He's a legend compared to VSpan.
Never forget Van Gundy SONNING that NBA BUM ...

JVG "He said back home he was Tracy McGrady"

JVG's response "Well he is Tracy McGrady HERE"

Euroleague LEGEND equals NBA BUM

millwad
11-13-2012, 07:24 PM
wtf you keep saying this as if it means a thing :roll: :roll: :roll:

Brandon Roy earns $16,359,805 from the Blazers this year. What's he doing for them? Gilbert Arenas, Rashard Lewis, they're all the most expensive contracts in the NBA, not just for their position. What are they doing for their teams?

Second most expensive in Rockets history :roll: :roll: :roll: who gives a fukc. James Harden is probably getting a bigger contract than Yao, Tmac, or Hakeem as well, is he producing like them?

It means alot, especially when they didn't even try to sign Dragic just so they'd get Lin.

And no, npyj T-Mac or Yao and even Hakeem had season(s) where they got more money than what Harden will get and Hakeem got drafted close to 30 years ago..

And Harden is a rising star player, one of the best SG's in the game and Houston locked him up for 5 years. Lin is barely a top 20 point guard, he's mediocre and the Rockets paid him big money for someone who's that unproven. He deserved a contract like Sessions got after he was beasting with the Bucks a couple of years ago..

shoops
11-13-2012, 07:32 PM
It means alot, especially when they didn't even try to sign Dragic just so they'd get Lin.
Well they didn't not sign Dragic in order to get Lin, they got Lin after they didn't sign Dragic. That is to say, the reason behind not signing Dragic wasn't to get Lin. It wouldn't make much sense for them to not resign Dragic if there was no certainty they would get Lin, after all. They just didn't want to resign Dragic because it was a fairly large deal with the leverage in Dragic's hands.

And Harden is a rising star player, one of the best SG's in the game and Houston locked him up for 5 years. Lin is barely a top 20 point guard, he's mediocre and the Rockets paid him big money for someone who's that unproven. He deserved a contract like Sessions got after he was beasting with the Bucks a couple of years ago..
It's not quite big money yet though at least for the first couple of years where they're not going to be that competitive, at 5 is a good deal, the 3rd year is where it gets bigger anyways. And the cap hit doesn't prevent them from landing another max.

ripthekik
11-13-2012, 07:36 PM

And no, npyj T-Mac or Yao and even Hakeem had season(s) where they got more money than what Harden will get and Hakeem got drafted close to 30 years ago..

Yao Ming made $ 17,686,100 in the highest paid year of his contract.
In the 2017 season, Harden makes $17,769,374. :confusedshrug:

Harden has only played well enough to fit that contract his first 3 games. The last few games he has been a disappointment, shooting below 40%, turnovers, losing. Where aren't you shiiting on him? After Lin's contract, Houston was still able to sign a max contract, obviously his contract wasn't a big deal to Houston. Now, if Harden's doesn't work out right, that's what will cripple the franchise. Now why aren't you on him yet?

gyu
11-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Great point, B-Low.

There's a great amount of people who use excuses like OP after people write or say negative things about Lin. Lin is for god sake the second most expensive point guard in Houston Rockets history, he's not supposed to be a role player and he's not supposed to only be good at stealing the balland shoot FT's very well.

Lin has been mediocre this far and of course people will be unhappy when Lin is so mediocre. And what pisses the most people off is people like OP who use excuses for everything Lin fails at and nothing is his fault.

This thread is so stupid anyway, so just because another point guard plays bad, is it also OK for Lin to be mediocre then? How does that even make sense? The most of the hate Lin gets is because people like OP do anything to hype him up but when he plays bad they use every excuse they can find.
I am NOT excusing Lin's poor play, I even said I agree he is not playing up to his contract. What excuses am I using exactly? All I have been saying in this thread is that Lin is getting blasted while other PG's who got EVEN bigger contracts are quietly sucking just as bad. If other PG's are sucking just as bad and getting paid big money, maybe this is a sign PG's are the next position to get overpaid like big men have been in recent years?

Also it shouldn't matter where Lin ranks in terms of historical pay for PG's in the Rockets franchise, if you are going to pay a player based off of their positional rankings in your franchise's history you'll lose your players to the market.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-13-2012, 07:48 PM
He's a role player who gets way too much attention. Miami snuffed him last nights game.

ripthekik
11-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Yao Ming made $ 17,686,100 in the highest paid year of his contract.
In the 2017 season, Harden makes $17,769,374. :confusedshrug:

Harden has only played well enough to fit that contract his first 3 games. The last few games he has been a disappointment, shooting below 40%, turnovers, losing. Where aren't you shiiting on him? After Lin's contract, Houston was still able to sign a max contract, obviously his contract wasn't a big deal to Houston. Now, if Harden's doesn't work out right, that's what will cripple the franchise. Now why aren't you on him yet?

So since I didn't get an answer from Millwad about his reason for hating on Jeremy Lin, although his exact same reasoning (not playing up to standards of contract) applies for Harden who has shot 29 for 88 (32%) and averaged 5 turnovers per game in the last 5 games (which included 4 losses) with an even bigger contract, $17 million in 2016 which trumps Yao Ming's highest salary year and harms the Rockets much more than Lin's contract, I'll answer my own question here:

Personal distaste for Jeremy Lin. That's all, folks.

millwad
11-13-2012, 08:39 PM
So since I didn't get an answer from Millwad about his reason for hating on Jeremy Lin, although his exact same reasoning (not playing up to standards of contract) applies for Harden who has shot 29 for 88 (32%) and averaged 5 turnovers per game in the last 5 games (which included 4 losses) with an even bigger contract, $17 million in 2016 which trumps Yao Ming's highest salary year and harms the Rockets much more than Lin's contract, I'll answer my own question here:

Personal distaste for Jeremy Lin. That's all, folks.

You didn't get an answer because you never gave me any time to reply.

James Harden is the future of the franchise, the star player they've been looking for which they finally got. I am not pleased with his latest games and I'm not pleased at all with all his turnovers but it's not weird on the other hand because he plays both PG and SG for the Rockets. Lin only hands him the ball and park himself in the corner.

If you'd rank the best SG's in the league I am more than sure that you'd have Harden in the top 5. He's one of the best SG's in the league even though his slump, Jeremy Lin on the other hand is a mediocre player and barely a top 20 point guard and not worthy of his contract. How does locking a 23 year old shooting guard who is one of the best SG's in the game harm the Rockets more than not trying to sign their former great PG, Dragic, while giving the unproven mediocre Lin that contract..

The Rockets are stuck with Lin for the next 3 years and with how his contract is built, it's going to be really hard to trade the mediocre Lin. A guy who's barely a top 20 point guard is not worthy of that contract.

SilkkTheShocker
11-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Stop.

Money 23
11-13-2012, 08:58 PM
He's a role player who gets way too much attention. Miami snuffed him last nights game.
Basically.

Miami scares the hell out of this guy. You can see it in his mannerisms he's unsure of himself when he plays them.

ZenMaster
11-13-2012, 09:02 PM

Deron better be scoring 50 against fking Gottingen!

ripthekik
11-13-2012, 09:34 PM
You didn't get an answer because you never gave me any time to reply.

James Harden is the future of the franchise, the star player they've been looking for which they finally got. I am not pleased with his latest games and I'm not pleased at all with all his turnovers but it's not weird on the other hand because he plays both PG and SG for the Rockets. Lin only hands him the ball and park himself in the corner.

If you'd rank the best SG's in the league I am more than sure that you'd have Harden in the top 5. He's one of the best SG's in the league even though his slump, Jeremy Lin on the other hand is a mediocre player and barely a top 20 point guard and not worthy of his contract. How does locking a 23 year old shooting guard who is one of the best SG's in the game harm the Rockets more than not trying to sign their former great PG, Dragic, while giving the unproven mediocre Lin that contract..

The Rockets are stuck with Lin for the next 3 years and with how his contract is built, it's going to be really hard to trade the mediocre Lin. A guy who's barely a top 20 point guard is not worthy of that contract.

It's funny because this is probably the first time you mentioned Harden in your post in the last 48 hours.

So while Jeremy Lin has average stats for his contract (he's actually avging stats like people predicted), you shiit on him and say he's performing far below his standards and he is not a top 20 PG.

While Harden plays well below his average (30% and 5 TO) for a franchise player, you don't mention the guy at all and say he's still the top 5 SG in the league (yes i know he may well be). Want to compare his stats with other MAX player's stats?

And based on what? The only relevant games we should use for comparison and analysis is this season's. Harden stunk it up in the majority of his games now, yet no mention of him at all.

And this worry about contract is bullshiit. Lin's contract is nothing. If Harden keeps this up, his contract is what you have to worry about. Rockets fan, but even in the game thread 85% of your posts are about Lin, putting him down, instead of cheering for the Rockets. And Dragic was let go because of other reasons, it has nothing to do with Lin. Yet you pin it on Lin too. I'm not really sure if you follow the Rockets, or just simply hate on Lin.

millwad
11-13-2012, 10:25 PM
It's funny because this is probably the first time you mentioned Harden in your post in the last 48 hours.

Not true.

So while Jeremy Lin has average stats for his contract (he's actually avging stats like people predicted), you shiit on him and say he's performing far below his standards and he is not a top 20 PG.

He doesn't average stats for his contract, you can't be serious.. And no one predicted that he'd average 11.9 points per game on 37% shooting along with 4.6 rebounds, 6.4 assists and 2.7 turnovers.

And I don't say that he's performing below his standards, I don't think he's that much better than what he's performin and yes, I don't see him any higher than around top 20. DO YOU?

While Harden plays well below his average (30% and 5 TO) for a franchise player, you don't mention the guy at all and say he's still the top 5 SG in the league (yes i know he may well be). Want to compare his stats with other MAX player's stats?

James Harden carried the Rockets in the two first games, without him playing amazing basketball they would most likely go away with a losses in those close games. I'm not happy with his last games but he's been so much more important than Lin and so much more worthy considering that Lin only hides behind him.

James Harden this far averages; 25.9 points (43% shooting), 4.9 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.6 steals. Although he turn the ball over way to much he hasn't been as bad as you try to make him and if Lin would actually do his job as a point guard rather than passing it to Harden while standing in the corner, then Harden's turnovers would be fewer.

And exactly, he's the franchise player and he's currently doing both the work of a point guard and a SG since Lin barely brings the ball up.. And James Harden is the main focus of the defense every night and still he shoots with a higher FG% than Lin...

And based on what? The only relevant games we should use for comparison and analysis is this season's. Harden stunk it up in the majority of his games now, yet no mention of him at all.

I have mentioned him and plenty of others has done so as well, just check clutchfans out but you're fooling yourself if you think that he's been close to as bad as Lin..

And this worry about contract is bullshiit. Lin's contract is nothing. If Harden keeps this up, his contract is what you have to worry about. Rockets fan, but even in the game thread 85% of your posts are about Lin, putting him down, instead of cheering for the Rockets. And Dragic was let go because of other reasons, it has nothing to do with Lin. Yet you pin it on Lin too. I'm not really sure if you follow the Rockets, or just simply hate on Lin.

Lin's contract is massive and you don't seem to understand why, he's going to get the most of his money the last year of his contract which makes him close to untrade-able. Lin is a mediocre point guard, he'd be a bench player for the most of the teams in the league and he's barely a top 20 point guard.

And the Rockets did let Dragic go without making a serious attempt to get him and then they went out and overpaid the mediocre Lin.

And I've been following the Rockets for plenty of years, I've never seen you discuss the Rockets 'til now. Let me guess, you're asian and a Lin fan..

ripthekik
11-13-2012, 10:41 PM
He doesn't average stats for his contract, you can't be serious.. And no one predicted that he'd average 11.9 points per game on 37% shooting along with 4.6 rebounds, 6.4 assists and 2.7 turnovers.

Other than his shooting (which will fluctuate easily) his stats look decent. Look around the league, other than the top 5 PG, they'll probably have similar stats.

And most people in this thread (who are realistic and aren't trolling) predicted such stats : http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277090

And the Rockets did let Dragic go without making a serious attempt to get him and then they went out and overpaid the mediocre Lin.
This has all to do with the Rockets organization, why are you putting this on Lin? The Rockets did NOT decide to let Dragic go so that they can pursue Lin, get that straight. Therefore if you want to bring Dragic up, the only ones to criticize is Rockets FO.

And I've been following the Rockets for plenty of years, I've never seen you discuss the Rockets 'til now. Let me guess, you're asian and a Lin fan..
Please. I haven't discussed the Rockets because I'm not a fan, and I won't pretend to be, like you. We were both in the game thread yesterday, and you KNOW 90% of your posts were about Lin. You have talked about nothing else regarding the Rockets - their playmaking, their players, or supporting and cheering for them. I doubt you even know who else is on their bench. The only thing you have done as a "Rocket fan" is to criticize Lin. You probably wish the Rocket to fail so you can laugh further at Lin. So I'm not gonna bother anymore, continue to enjoy being a "Rocket fan" your way.

KungFuJoe
11-13-2012, 10:59 PM
I think what kind of had people fooled was Lin's poor preseason...then they sign Harden the morning of their first game and Lin has the best game he'd played all year. Then the next game I think he scored 21 and they were 2-0. And everyone was talking about how much chemistry they had and how they were gellin', etc, etc.

Then, for some reason, Lin decides to go into full on "defer to Harden" mode. He barely drives (what are his avg FT per game this year vs last?) and he just kinda disappears at times. Every once in a while, he shows flashes of his Linsanity days but then it just dies and he goes back to being a non factor.

Does anyone think he is scared of injuring his knee again? He is playing extremely passive...I think the biggest thing missing from his game this year are the drives to the hole. He was good for pretty much one or two highlight acrobatic layups a game and was one of the top PGs in terms of going to the line.

millwad
11-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Other than his shooting (which will fluctuate easily) his stats look decent. Look around the league, other than the top 5 PG, they'll probably have similar stats.

And most people in this thread (who are realistic and aren't trolling) predicted such stats : http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277090

First of all, most of the people are way wrong in terms of scoring and you should check clutchfans as well. People are not pleased at all with Lin..

And second, it doesn't seem like you actually watch the games because Lin is playing like a mediocre player on court and the guy barely dribbles up the ball.. He just leaves it in the hands of James Harden and then goes and park himself in the corner, he's basically "developed" into a spot up shooter, not a good one either.

This has all to do with the Rockets organization, why are you putting this on Lin? The Rockets did NOT decide to let Dragic go so that they can pursue Lin, get that straight. Therefore if you want to bring Dragic up, the only ones to criticize is Rockets FO.

I'm not, go back one page and see what I wrote about how it's not Lin's fault.. .

Please. I haven't discussed the Rockets because I'm not a fan, and I won't pretend to be, like you. We were both in the game thread yesterday, and you KNOW 90% of your posts were about Lin. You have talked about nothing else regarding the Rockets - their playmaking, their players, or supporting and cheering for them. I doubt you even know who else is on their bench. The only thing you have done as a "Rocket fan" is to criticize Lin. You probably wish the Rocket to fail so you can laugh further at Lin. So I'm not gonna bother anymore, continue to enjoy being a "Rocket fan" your way.

Oh, I'm not a Rocket fan and my previous posts prove nothing like;

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276099

I have followed the Rockets for years, you have not followed the Rockets for a second but you're probably chinese because a quick google search showed a massive amount of threads where you discuss Yi Jianlian, Yao and Jeremy Lin;

YI JIANLIAN:

http://www.google.se/search?q=goog&rlz=1C1AFAB_enSE505SE505&oq=goo&sugexp=chrome,mod=6&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=site:insidehoops.com+ripthekik+yi&hl=sv&rlz=1C1AFAB_enSE505SE505&prmd=imvns&filter=0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=ce3697d70cee6850&bpcl=38626820&biw=1366&bih=667

Yao:

http://www.google.se/search?q=goog&rlz=1C1AFAB_enSE505SE505&oq=goo&sugexp=chrome,mod=6&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=sv&rlz=1C1AFAB_enSE505SE505&sclient=psy-ab&q=site:insidehoops.com+ripthekik+yao&oq=site:insidehoops.com+ripthekik+yao&gs_l=serp.3...2046.2349.0.2491.3.3.0.0.0.0.78.173. 3.3.0...0.0...1c.1.KNv1juP9JrI&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=ce3697d70cee6850&bpcl=38626820&biw=1366&bih=667

Jeremy Lin:

http://www.google.se/search?q=goog&rlz=1C1AFAB_enSE505SE505&oq=goo&sugexp=chrome,mod=6&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=sv&rlz=1C1AFAB_enSE505SE505&sclient=psy-ab&q=site:insidehoops.com+ripthekik+jeremy+lin&oq=site:insidehoops.com+ripthekik+jeremy+lin&gs_l=serp.3...8716.10065.0.10220.10.10.0.0.0.0.74. 425.10.10.0...0.0...1c.1.vuKT22kXUm0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=ce3697d70cee6850&bpcl=38626820&biw=1366&bih=667

Either you have this obsession with chinese players or you're actually chinese and you only follow Lin because of his asian heritage, that's lame.. Or maybe you just happen to like to discuss all 3 of them and them being chinese has nothing to do with it.. :D

Stop being so biased, you're stupid, you even wanted the Knicks to build their team around Lin and you wrote that Lin was better than Melo.. :facepalm

ripthekik
11-13-2012, 11:14 PM
funny how insecure you are that you had to google me :roll:
What does all that have to do with this discussion? Nothing else to clutch at?
I definitely had fun defending them, but if you googled more than asian players, you'd see I do the same for a lot of other players that people hate for no reason.

Yes, Lin has been passive and deferring too much, but how many games has it been? 5? :facepalm You're acting as if he's been this way for 2 seasons now after Rockets signed him. Your distaste of him goes beyond the court, whether you like to admit it or not.

millwad
11-13-2012, 11:19 PM
funny how insecure you are that you had to google me :roll:
What does all that have to do with this discussion? Nothing else to clutch at?
I definitely had fun defending them, but if you googled more than asian players, you'd see I do the same for a lot of other players that people hate for no reason.

Yes, Lin has been passive and deferring too much, but how many games has it been? 5? :facepalm You're acting as if he's been this way for 2 seasons now after Rockets signed him.

You barely post about basketball, you're mostly up to to making fun of RRR3. And "China", "Jeremy Lin", "Yao" and "Yi" are the things that pops up directly when someone just googles your nick.. You just happen to post alot about China and chinese players, right?

Obvious that you're just a fanboy for chinese players, not anything bad though but it shows why someone would be as biased as you.

And yeah, I'm the one who's insecure but not the guy who's just buttyboying for his countrymen..

And it has alot to do with the discussion because you don't base your opinions about them on how they play, you judge them based on the fact that they're chinese..

RoundMoundOfReb
11-13-2012, 11:19 PM
How the eff is Jrue Holiday struggling? dude is balling. AnywAys, the other guys you mentioned hAve proven themselves over multiple nba seAsons which is why it is only rationAl to think thAt it's just a cold spell with them where as with Lin - he hAs not proven himself outside of a very short stretch of games and is pretty much Averaging whAt i thought he'd average.

ripthekik
11-13-2012, 11:27 PM
You barely post about basketball, you're mostly up to to making fun of RRR3. And "China", "Jeremy Lin", "Yao" and "Yi" are the things that pops up directly when someone just googles your nick.. You just happen to post alot about China and chinese players, right?

Obvious that you're just a fanboy for chinese players, not anything bad though but it shows why someone would be as biased as you.

And yeah, I'm the one who's insecure but not the guy who's just buttyboying for his countrymen..

And it has alot to do with the discussion because you don't base your opinions about them on how they play, you judge them based on the fact that they're chinese..

i googled my name and my recent post have been lebron, lin, lakers

https://www.google.com/search?source=ig&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS304&q=ripthekik+site%3Ainsidehoops.com%2Fforum&oq=rip&gs_l=igoogle.3.0.35i39j0l9.724.1467.0.2359.4.4.0.0 .0.1.140.362.2j2.4.0...0.0...1ac.1.fHXzsxWUPZQ

you must've went back like 20 pages to look for those names man, since you were trying to say I was chinese since the beginning as you had no other argument. BTW I'm not chinese.

And this is like the 3rd? time you've googled other usernames just to argue with them. Is it because you simply have no real argument? You have to bring in other crap into the conversation? Lame, i wouldn't even waste 2 minutes of my time googling you. Basically this tells a lot about the type of person you are, who tries to dig dirt, and it explains your hate of players like Jeremy Lin.

millwad
11-13-2012, 11:45 PM
i googled my name and my recent post have been lebron, lin, lakers

https://www.google.com/search?source=ig&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS304&q=ripthekik+site%3Ainsidehoops.com%2Fforum&oq=rip&gs_l=igoogle.3.0.35i39j0l9.724.1467.0.2359.4.4.0.0 .0.1.140.362.2j2.4.0...0.0...1ac.1.fHXzsxWUPZQ

you must've went back like 20 pages to look for those names man, since you were trying to say I was chinese since the beginning as you had no other argument. BTW I'm not chinese.

Not at all, I just googled your name and Lin because it was obvious that you're too sensitive about him for a reason.

And this is like the 3rd? time you've googled other usernames just to argue with them. Is it because you simply have no real argument? You have to bring in other crap into the conversation? Lame, i wouldn't even waste 2 minutes of my time googling you. Basically this tells a lot about the type of person you are, who tries to dig dirt, and it explains your hate of players like Jeremy Lin.

Why are you mad though? I googled my own post history because you spammed about how I'm not a Rocket fan. Then I just thought it would be fun to check you out, I have only seen you troll RRR3 and it was obvious that you're obsessed about Lin.

And you seem to waste long sensitive post after another when it comes to defending Jeremy Lin so why wouldn't you waste 10 seconds on google just to prove a point?
And yeah, you're not from China, you live in Taiwan and it's now obvious why you've been on Jeremy's nuts for so long. It's no surprise that you were on Yao and Yi's nuts as well.

This page is unavailable in your area.

sucks. i am in taiwan.
i can still watch other streams though.

I am not hating though but it shows why you're so sensitive when it comes to Jeremy Lin and why you wrote all that crazy nonsense about how it was a better idea for the Knicks to build around Jeremy instead of Melo.. :facepalm

It's cool to cheer for your countrymen and people who have roots from the place you live in, Taiwan, but stop being so biased, you're silly.

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Amazing how you spend nearly an hour reading through my old posts.. wow.. you are really something. I do travel a lot and have been in tw before, though sadly I'm not there now.

But damn.. you are really in a freaky stalker mode man.. don't you have anything better to do in your life? Without having to do any search, this isn't the first I've seen you google other ppl's names and try to out info. I could probably do the same and find tons of pathetic posts, including you dissing RRR3 as well, harassing other posters, made a bet to leave but pusssy out on it (all on memory) but I'm not gonna bother. It's downright pathetic how agitated you are by me that you had to spend so much time going through pages of old posts from years ago :roll: You couldn't pay me to do that man. When you're past a certain age, you just couldn't give a f about some stranger online. Like I said, i wouldn't waste 2 mins googling your name.

Keep pretending to be a rocket fan and hating on Lin though, you must enjoy it, as you've got plenty of time on your hand.

millwad
11-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Amazing how you spend nearly an hour reading through my old posts.. wow.. you are really something. I do travel a lot and have been in tw before, though sadly I'm not there now.

Oh, sure. First of all, I didn't spend more than 2 minutes in total to find your "little secret" and second, I'm not the one who's been defending Jeremy Lin for months on this site just because he happens to have Taiwanese heritage.. I mean, you were even so buthurt that you went "Oh, the Knicks should build around Lin instead of Melo" and that Lin was better than Melo.. :facepalm

You just happen to post alot about China, you just happen to be obsessed with a Taiwanese basketball player and 2 chinese players while never writing any serious basketball posts and you just happen to discuss China all the time..

It was obvious that you were some insecure asian kid considering how much time and effort you put in a la defending Jeremy and then it turned out that you're Taiwanese which explains why you got so butthurt and why you're so insecure.. :facepalm

But damn.. you are really in a freaky stalker mode man.. don't you have anything better to do in your life? Without having to do any search, this isn't the first I've seen you google other ppl's names and try to out info.

Haha, you're the same guy who abused RRR3 for for his looks while editing his picture and with captions and you're abuse never ended before you got banned for it.. :facepalm

And don't let me get started about how you got banned and that you just recently got one green bar after being negged like crazy for years.. :facepalm

Keep pretending to be a rocket fan and hating on Lin though, you must enjoy it, as you've got plenty of time on your hand.

Yeah, I just happened to collect old school Rocket games like I just showed just so I could hate on your contrymen Jeremy Lin before he even was signed.. :facepalm

Don't be insecure you little Taiwanese troll, it was more than obvious why you were so freakish defensive about him.. :facepalm

gyu
11-14-2012, 12:41 AM
How the eff is Jrue Holiday struggling? dude is balling. AnywAys, the other guys you mentioned hAve proven themselves over multiple nba seAsons which is why it is only rationAl to think thAt it's just a cold spell with them where as with Lin - he hAs not proven himself outside of a very short stretch of games and is pretty much Averaging whAt i thought he'd average.
He is playing good, hence I said Linsanity type numbers. But where he struggles is turning the ball over, 9 assists with 6 turnovers? That's not something you want your point guard to be doing, he is making Westbrook look like Chris Paul.

You are right, Lin has not proven himself yet so let us sit back and watch how he develops.

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Hmm. Basically what you did was google my nick and purposely adding Yao and Yi, then you proceeded to spend an hour reading my posts :roll:
I'm glad I drove someone to be so pissed man :roll: it's alright bro..

but if you did the same, google my nick and kobe, iverson, tmac, a bunch of players who I dont even remember anymore, you'd get probably even more posts and results. so what does that tell you?

you're downright pathetic. who the hell gets so serious on a message board he googles and reads through pages n pages of old posts just to prove a point? :roll:

millwad
11-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Hmm. Basically what you did was google my nick and purposely adding Yao and Yi, then you proceeded to spend an hour reading my posts :roll:
I'm glad I drove someone to be so pissed man :roll: it's alright bro..

First of all, I'm not pissed, I just find it hilarious why you were so defensive about Jeremy Lin and why you get so mad when people don't like his game..

No one pisses you off more than RRR3 considering how much you've abused the poor guy for his looks. And it took no more than 5 minutes because the amount of stuff you've written about China, Lin, Yao and Yi is almost as much as the amount of nonsense you've written to RRR3.

And no one pisses you off more than people telling you that Lin ain't that good, you've been defending the dude for months now with some crazy arguments. And no, troll, I wrote your nick in google along with China because I was sure that you were butthurt over more than Lin the player and suddenly it was obvious that your troll ass is asian and Taiwanese which was obvious from the beginning considering your obsession for Lin-

but if you did the same, google my nick and kobe, iverson, tmac, a bunch of players who I dont even remember anymore, you'd get probably even more posts and results. so what does that tell you?

So your massive hits with Yi, Lin and Yao was just a fluke and you living in Taiwan while discussing a ton of stuff about China was just a fluke as well.

you're downright pathetic. who the hell gets so serious on a message board he googles and reads through pages n pages of old posts just to prove a point? :roll:

Says the guy who edited pics of RRR3 and posted them in his hate campaign against him. And pathetic is the one who has almost 2000 hits with RRR3 on google, poor little insecure taiwanese boy.

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 01:10 AM
So now you're RRR3's friend? I remember in the thread I made, you were the 1st guy to reply and agree :roll: :roll:

Keep playing detective my little stalker friend. Just the amount of time I made you spend on me tonight is cracking me up :roll: Come clean man, you basically googled, went thread by thread, page by page.

And this is a guy who tried to act all honorable when making a bet to retire from ISH, then flipfloping like a girl next, wouldn't expect anything else more classy. Trolling, pretending to be someone you're not, backing down on bets, stalking, you've got it all :applause:

millwad
11-14-2012, 02:18 AM
So now you're RRR3's friend? I remember in the thread I made, you were the 1st guy to reply and agree :roll: :roll:

I'm not his friend, I do consider him to be an idiot but you were so pathetic and worthless when you mocked him time after time for his looks and you even went so far that you started to edit his picture with nasty captions.. Haha, so lame..

Keep playing detective my little stalker friend. Just the amount of time I made you spend on me tonight is cracking me up :roll: Come clean man, you basically googled, went thread by thread, page by page.

It's not stalking when it takes 1 minute to google, you taiwanese sucker. And read the last thing in this post, such a worthless hypocrite..

And this is a guy who tried to act all honorable when making a bet to retire from ISH, then flipfloping like a girl next, wouldn't expect anything else more classy. Trolling, pretending to be someone you're not, backing down on bets, stalking, you've got it all :applause:

Oh, wait.

I'm the one who "stalked" you but suddenly you basically wrote more than 1 year old stuff that you took completely out of context.. Was that from the top of the head?

Haha, you're such a clown you insecure taiwanese troll.. It's not something bad to be from Taiwan, kid, be proud of your heritage instead of being so insecure that you have to defend any chinese/taiwanese basketball player.. on the net.. :facepalm

And now back to topic, stop being insecure. No one writes anything negative about Lin because he's from Taiwan. People are negative because he's overhyped and that asians like yourself get so butthurt as soon as someone doesn't hype Lin up.. :facepalm

For months you've been crying out on ISH as soon as someone critized the guy, he's born in the US and he's an american product and he just got a 30 million dollar contract for dribbling a ball. No one is negative because the guy's asian, only insecure taiwanese suckers like yourself are thinking that. Stop with your silly rants you've been writing for the last months because it's stupid because you only come up with silly excuses and we already know why you're so obsessed with defending the guy.

disel
11-14-2012, 02:24 AM
I'm not his friend, I do consider him to be an idiot but you were so pathetic and worthless when you mocked him time after time for his looks and you even went so far that you started to edit his picture with nasty captions.. Haha, so lame..

It's not stalking when it takes 1 minute to google, you taiwanese sucker. And read the last thing in this post, such a worthless hypocrite..

Oh, wait.

I'm the one who "stalked" you but suddenly you basically wrote more than 1 year old stuff that you took completely out of context.. Was that from the top of the head?

Haha, you're such a clown you insecure taiwanese troll.. It's not something bad to be from Taiwan, kid, be proud of your heritage instead of being so insecure that you have to defend any chinese/taiwanese basketball player.. on the net.. :facepalm

And now back to topic, stop being insecure. No one writes anything negative about Lin because he's from Taiwan. People are negative because he's overhyped and that asians like yourself get so butthurt as soon as someone doesn't hype Lin up.. :facepalm

For months you've been crying out on ISH as soon as someone critized the guy, he's born in the US and he's an american product and he just got a 30 million dollar contract for dribbling a ball. No one is negative because the guy's asian, only insecure taiwanese suckers like yourself are thinking that. Stop with your silly rants you've been writing for the last months because it's stupid because you only come up with silly excuses and we already know why you're so obsessed with defending the guy.
rip is an asia dickwad brother.dumb *** thinks thinks lin is the moon adthe sky. poor asian got nothing to root for they ae left rooting for an mediacore marginal talent.ignore him.

Euroleague
11-14-2012, 10:55 AM

One game in a league full of semi pro teams.............

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-14-2012, 11:09 AM

Oh, wait.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

So this obnoxious (Lebron) troll is Chinese - and his kryptonite is criticism of Chinese NBA players? LOL!

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 12:37 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

So this obnoxious (Lebron) troll is Chinese - and his kryptonite is criticism of Chinese NBA players? LOL!
:roll: :roll:
like i said, i'm not chinese. but since when do what i say matter? people have been calling me phong, bladers, and now chinese? Just go ahead and believe so then. Doesn't affect me. I'm Mao's son. Happy? :lol

Funny how millwad got so pissed because I exposed how 90% of his posts in the game thread was about Lin. I didn't even had to google it up like a little biitch. He didn't have an explanation for that one, so out of humiliation millwad goes and spend 30+ minutes reading through old threads and posts like 20 pages deep :roll: A resort to such low standards, just to cover your own ass :applause:

and yes, without googling, just from the last two months I remember this guy posting racial remarks, harassing guys in the OT and posting personal info (godzuki), posted that another member died (wilt guy?):facepalm , made a bet and went back on his words like a woman, and spends all his time stalking and finding out information on other members because he has nothing on them in the actual argument. I'm flattered I got him so ruffled he had to do a deep search on me tho :applause:

KingBeasley08
11-14-2012, 12:44 PM
ripthekik is asian? is that why he's so aggressive, inferiority complex due to having a small d!ck?

Lebron23
11-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Millwad just destroyed and annihilated ripthekik.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-14-2012, 12:59 PM
:roll: :roll:
like i said, i'm not chinese.:

But you're asian right? Be honest. :lol

red1
11-14-2012, 01:08 PM
ripthekik exposed as phong, excellent work millwad

red1
11-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Ripthekik you are a disgusting and shameless hypocrite. When it comes to certain players you are a never ending source of negativity and hatred but when someone rightfully criticizes a fellow asian player you suddenly become hyper-sensitive and defensive. Once again proving why you are a hypocrite b*tch whom none should take serious.

Thank you millwad for your excellent work in exposing this bitter fraud. Salute brother

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 01:12 PM
But you're asian right? Be honest. :lol
I've never cared to share my personal life here, so keep on believing what you want to believe. I do travel a lot tho, hence that post. I have been to tw, japan, hk, thailand etc in asia.

ripthekik exposed as phong, excellent work millwad
don't see where it says I'm phong, but sure thing bro

PJR
11-14-2012, 01:12 PM
ripthekik is asian? is that why he's so aggressive, inferiority complex due to having a small d!ck?

:roll:

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Ripthekik you are a disgusting and shameless hypocrite. When it comes to certain players you are a never ending source of negativity and hatred but when someone rightfully criticizes a fellow asian player you suddenly become hyper-sensitive and defensive. Once again proving why you are a hypocrite b*tch whom none should take serious.

Hmm.. do the same search he did, this time put the name Iverson, Durant, kobe, Rose etc and you'll see I probably defended them a hell lot more. I like defending the guys who get hated on for no reason :confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-14-2012, 01:16 PM

Thank you millwad for your excellent work in exposing this bitter fraud. Salute brother

At least that's what I got from his posts (or Millwad's google "findings"). Guy is your classic charlatan. :roll:

red1
11-14-2012, 01:17 PM
yo ripthekik, what is your race?

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 01:24 PM
What does it have to do with anything though? You guys want to think I'm asian, go ahead. Funny, because doing a closer google search, you can see my posts cheering for team USA in the olympics game threads this summer as well. Why wasn't I cheering for china instead? I don't think I even know who's on their roster :roll:

It comes to this, the guys in this thread are usually lebron fans who I've argued with in the last few months. I rubbed them the wrong way, and they always go for the personal insults and attacks instead of the discussion. I'm used to it, but why would I reveal more info about myself, or post my own pic? :confusedshrug:

PJR
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM

Dude's definitely of Asian descent. I don't even know why he's trying to front. Why else would Jeremey Lin criticism sting his soul so much? :roll:

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Dude's definitely of Asian descent. I don't even know why he's trying to front. Why else would Jeremey Lin criticism sting his soul so much? :roll:
I've put forward all my arguments in posts, that talk purely about basketball. I talked about how he was undrafted, his background, he's been playing bad recently but it's only a few games, and his hate stems from media etc etc etc, but apparently I'm just defending him for no reason because I'm asian right? Why I defend him is all stated in my posts, but like always, people can't read and have to find some outside source to make a personal attack.

red1
11-14-2012, 01:33 PM
What does it have to do with anything though? You guys want to think I'm asian, go ahead. Funny, because doing a closer google search, you can see my posts cheering for team USA in the olympics game threads this summer as well. Why wasn't I cheering for china instead? I don't think I even know who's on their roster :roll:

It comes to this, the guys in this thread are usually lebron fans who I've argued with in the last few months. I rubbed them the wrong way, and they always go for the personal insults and attacks instead of the discussion. I'm used to it, but why would I reveal more info about myself, or post my own pic? :confusedshrug:
Have you no shame? You are f*cking disgusting man. Have some f*cking pride and be proud of your asian heritage, you are lying about your race just to decieve some people on the internet. Typical ripthekik behaviour, weaseling and lying just to cover your tracks.

Then again what would I expect from the same person who would hate on someone for having a parent who may or may not have been a crackhead. And one more thing, the evidence you used to try and prove you are not asian is weak as f*ck, I was cheering for team usa and im not american "Oh why don't you go look up my post history Im american look I was cheering for USA" Get the f*ck out of here b*tch. If we ever crossed paths in life I would cockslap you so hard your jaw would break, I have no sympathy for hateful scumbags like you.

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Have you no shame? You are f*cking disgusting man. Have some f*cking pride and be proud of your asian heritage, you are lying about your race just to decieve some people on the internet. Typical ripthekik behaviour, weaseling and lying just to cover your tracks.

Then again what would I expect from the same person who would hate on someone for having a parent who may or may not have been a crackhead. And one more thing, the evidence you used to try and prove you are not asian is weak as f*ck, I was cheering for team usa and im not american "Oh why don't you go look up my post history Im american look I was cheering for USA" Get the f*ck out of here b*tch. If we ever crossed paths in life I would cockslap you so hard your jaw would break, I have no sympathy for hateful scumbags like you.
Someone got real mad here :roll: :roll: :roll:

Where have I lied? Whatever I state, it's true. Whatever I didn't say, it's up to you to believe. I'm phong? cool. Bladers? Cool with me too. Chinese? Ah..alright. Asian? Ok.

So let me get this it straight.. you hate me because... i criticize Lebron, who is your favorite player. And you got so pissed you type such a hateful paragraph, and would punch out a stranger for it :roll: :roll: :roll: Ok boss, you do what u gotta do. :confusedshrug:

red1
11-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Someone got real mad here :roll: :roll: :roll:

Where have I lied? Whatever I state, it's true. Whatever I didn't say, it's up to you to believe. I'm phong? cool. Bladers? Cool with me too. Chinese? Ah..alright. Asian? Ok.

So let me get this it straight.. you hate me because... i criticize Lebron, who is your favorite player. And you got so pissed you type such a hateful paragraph, and would punch out a stranger for it :roll: :roll: :roll: Ok boss, you do what u gotta do. :confusedshrug:
Just give it up, seriously. And a cockslap is not a punch, you would get an extra cockslap for being such a dumbass

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Just give it up, seriously. And a cockslap is not a punch, you would get an extra cockslap for being such a dumbass
Give what up exactly? I have nothing to hide, and I could care less what everyone thinks I am. You guys take the message board too seriously, stalk up on old posts, seriously? :roll: Take a measurement on your blood pressure now bro

Very interesting part on lebron fans though - always ignore the actual argument and posts and go for the personal attack. :confusedshrug:

PJR
11-14-2012, 01:48 PM
I've put forward all my arguments in posts, that talk purely about basketball. I talked about how he was undrafted, his background, he's been playing bad recently but it's only a few games, and his hate stems from media etc etc etc, but apparently I'm just defending him for no reason because I'm asian right? Why I defend him is all stated in my posts, but like always, people can't read and have to find some outside source to make a personal attack.

Brah, please. Stop being so damn sensitive. Aint no damn personal attack. :roll:

It just an observation. And it's obviously looking like an accurate one, might I add. The tone of your post have shifted completly now that millwad has baptized you. You were this boastful LeBron troll, to now being on the verge of tears.

It's just funny how you've displayed a VERY sensitive tone to criticism of Jeremy Lin, and are calling people out on shit that you do on a regular. It's quite an easy assumption to make that you're Asian. Why else would you be defending and deflecting attention from such an average NBA player in Jeremy Lin? Because it's relative to you personally, that's why lol.

And as far "Personal Attacks"? Lol wut. You talking about what you dish out on regular to fans who have a rooting interest in LeBron James, whom disagree with alot of you nonseical posts and threads. Child please.

Hypocrisy at it's finest. :lol

red1
11-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Give what up exactly? I have nothing to hide, and I could care less what everyone thinks I am. You guys take the message board too seriously, stalk up on old posts, seriously? :roll: Take a measurement on your blood pressure now bro

Very interesting part on lebron fans though - always ignore the actual argument and posts and go for the personal attack. :confusedshrug:
Is lebron the only thing you ever have on your mind? Who even brought the n*gga up besides you? You are a lost cause phong, I've been waiting on your f*gg*t ass to man up but I quit

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Is lebron the only thing you ever have on your mind? Who even brought the n*gga up besides you? You are a lost cause phong, I've been waiting on your f*gg*t ass to man up but I quit
Wait? I only talk about Lebron? Yet here I'm getting heat for defending Lin?

Not to mention I'm in ONE SINGLE discussion in which I defended Jeremy Lin in the last 48 hours (basically one continuous argument with the same 3 guys, I took a stance, of course I had to continue with it) and now I'm sensitive and butthurt because I'm asian :lol

Makes a lot of sense guys. So should I just stick to talking about bron? :confusedshrug:

red1
11-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Wait? I only talk about Lebron? Yet here I'm getting heat for defending Lin?

Not to mention I'm in ONE SINGLE discussion in which I defended Jeremy Lin in the last 48 hours (basically one continuous argument with the same 3 guys, I took a stance, of course I had to continue with it) and now I'm sensitive and butthurt because I'm asian :lol

Makes a lot of sense guys. So should I just stick to talking about bron? :confusedshrug:
:biggums:
do you even know how to read? what the fukk are you even talking about? nonsensical bullshit arguing yourself in circles and making assumptions and reaching conclusions that dont make any fukking sense

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 02:11 PM
:biggums:
do you even know how to read? what the fukk are you even talking about? nonsensical bullshit arguing yourself in circles and making assumptions and reaching conclusions that dont make any fukking sense
My bad, your angry posts were getting harder and harder to read. Take it easy bro, have a good day.

niko
11-14-2012, 02:13 PM
This is the stupidest thread. I think i'll start a "The Orlando Magic suck, but so do the Cavaliers" thread. Because pointing out others are struggling is a meaningful argument.

RRR3
11-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Hmm.. do the same search he did, this time put the name Iverson, Durant, kobe, Rose etc and you'll see I probably defended them a hell lot more. I like defending the guys who get hated on for no reason :confusedshrug:
And yet you hate on LeBron for no reason :biggums:
And yep, I took you off IL, deal with it.:pimp:

ripthekik
11-14-2012, 02:19 PM
And yet you hate on LeBron for no reason :biggums:
And yep, I took you off IL, deal with it.:pimp:
Thanks, I've actually started to like you now. :cheers:

millwad
11-14-2012, 06:25 PM
:roll:
like i said, i'm not chinese. but since when do what i say matter? people have been calling me phong, bladers, and now chinese? Just go ahead and believe so then. Doesn't affect me. I'm Mao's son. Happy?

You're from Taiwan which proves why you wrote that you live in Taiwan and why there was that many hits from your account about Yao, Yi and Lin and China. Poor insecure taiwanese sucker, so insecure that you've been defending Lin for months.. :facepalm

Funny how millwad got so pissed because I exposed how 90% of his posts in the game thread was about Lin. I didn't even had to google it up like a little biitch. He didn't have an explanation for that one, so out of humiliation millwad goes and spend 30+ minutes reading through old threads and posts like 20 pages deep :roll: A resort to such low standards, just to cover your own ass :applause:

You didn't "expose" anything. You only went on rants about how great Lin is and how I'm not a Rocket fan which I obviously proved that I was.. :facepalm

and yes, without googling, just from the last two months I remember this guy posting racial remarks, harassing guys in the OT and posting personal info (godzuki), posted that another member died (wilt guy?):facepalm , made a bet and went back on his words like a woman, and spends all his time stalking and finding out information on other members because he has nothing on them in the actual argument. I'm flattered I got him so ruffled he had to do a deep search on me tho :applause:

Oh, so butthurt.
You wrote stuff that you took out of context that barely no one knows about or even remember the original stuff so don't act like you actually didn't try to find out stuff about me and I haven't ever even written a word to you. You sure thing know alot about me.. :facepalm

And don't be mad, you're the same clown who mocked RRR3 for his looks and time after time you posted his pic and you even went as far that you edited his picture with awful captions.

And yeah, now you're not taiwanese because you cheered for the US in the Olympics and not China, haha.. And many taiwanese people don't even like China so that makes even less sense. But hey, I must be argentinian because I cheered for Scola and Argentina in the Olympics.. :facepalm

And now to the most pathetic, you have for months had your tongue in JLin's butthole and you defend him like there's no tomorrow and you hate people who write negative stuff about him. You have defended him for months now and suddenly Rocket fans who aren't that positive about him fake fans and only Lin haters.. How does this make any sense when you're the biggest LeBron hater on this site? HOW? :facepalm

ripthekik
11-15-2012, 12:15 AM
http://www.makojo.com/graphics/beatdeadhorse5.gif
Yes, i didn't have to google any of that stuff, they're just things I saw while skimming around the forum. Do you want to deny them? You know you've done a huge amount of pathetic scumbag work here on ISH. i'm known as a lebron hater, but you're known as a scumbag.

The only caption for rrr3 I did was like "talks trash, gets pic posted". I didn't do the nasty comments one. But calling me out for rrr3? The amount of shiit you do and say to other posters? godzuki? posting his personal info? (this is the low pathetic thing you do isnt it)

rockets fan? please, i've seen none of the other rocket fans even acknowledge you at all :roll: you know the shiit you've put out on this forum, if i did a search it'd be so much i wouldnt know where to start. Making a retirement post and eating words like a biitch. What an attention seeker. Do you want to deny any of those things?

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2012, 12:22 AM
2/10 4 points 4 assists 4 rebounds 3 steals 1 block 2 turnovers in 33:45 today.

Clutch
11-15-2012, 12:24 AM
$25 million :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

TheBigVeto
11-15-2012, 12:53 AM

I'm waiting for him to score 6 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assist.

KungFuJoe
11-15-2012, 01:21 AM
I didn't get to see the game today, but the boxscore looks awful.

Was he extremely passive again?

I don't want him to take a single ****ing 3 again until he starts being aggressive again. He's turning into a spot up shooter....who can't shoot.

shoops
11-15-2012, 01:23 AM
I didn't get to see the game today, but the boxscore looks awful.

Was he extremely passive again?

I don't want him to take a single ****ing 3 again until he starts being aggressive again. He's turning into a spot up shooter....who can't shoot.
Still playing as a spot up shooter...offloading the ball asap to Harden or Asik which goes to Harden, and it's rendering invisible on the offensive end.

RRR3
11-15-2012, 02:47 AM
Lin is obviously not going to put up 25/10 like he did during Linsanity, but he's better than what he's been showing lately.

ripthekik
11-15-2012, 02:54 AM
i didnt watch, but it seems he definitely sucked ass. is anyone interviewing him on why this is happening? Is it his confidence level, or the rockets that want him to just bring the ball up and pass it to Harden? I'm surprised the media hasn't been onto him yet for playing badly

millwad
11-15-2012, 04:08 AM
http://www.makojo.com/graphics/beatdeadhorse5.gif
Yes, i didn't have to google any of that stuff, they're just things I saw while skimming around the forum. Do you want to deny them? You know you've done a huge amount of pathetic scumbag work here on ISH. i'm known as a lebron hater, but you're known as a scumbag.

The only caption for rrr3 I did was like "talks trash, gets pic posted". I didn't do the nasty comments one. But calling me out for rrr3? The amount of shiit you do and say to other posters? godzuki? posting his personal info? (this is the low pathetic thing you do isnt it)

rockets fan? please, i've seen none of the other rocket fans even acknowledge you at all :roll: you know the shiit you've put out on this forum, if i did a search it'd be so much i wouldnt know where to start. Making a retirement post and eating words like a biitch. What an attention seeker. Do you want to deny any of those things?

What an idiot, I didn't post Godzuki's personal info, why do you lie? It was DFish and Raz who tried to expose him, I had nothing to do with that and I even defended the guy and told them that they were wrong.

And why are you mad? We know now that you're from Taiwan and that was why you literally had your head in Lin's ass and why are you such a hypocrite? Please answer this, you are considered to be one of the biggest LeBron trolls on this site but when people are negative about Lin you go absolutely crazy and call people out for not being Rocket fans, haha.. So you trolling everything about LeBron is cool but people being negative about Lin is beyond horrible? You're nothing but an taiwanese insecure retard.

And it's funny, you write that I'm known as the "scumbag" here but looking at this thread shows that it's the other way around, no one in this thread has been writing anything negative about me but a couple of posters went after you. And then you look at my rep and then you look at your own, you were negged like crazy before Jeff changed the rep system.. :facepalm

And again, why are you so upset about people being negative about Lin when you troll the living crap out of LeBron fans? How does that even make sense?

And finally, I am not seeking recognition for being a Rocket fan but I have always made it clear that I'm a Rocket fan on this site. Just watch my post history, you retard.

This thread was from more than 3 years ago;

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124757

Klazart
11-15-2012, 05:41 AM
i didnt watch, but it seems he definitely sucked ass. is anyone interviewing him on why this is happening? Is it his confidence level, or the rockets that want him to just bring the ball up and pass it to Harden? I'm surprised the media hasn't been onto him yet for playing badly

It's down to the offensive 'scheme.' Sampson has never rated Lin as a player so he's not letting him play. He wants Lin to give the ball to Harden and let him playmake while Lin stands as a spot up 3 point shooter taking three point shots. It looks like Lin's confidence is completely destroyed now.

If you listen to Sampson's interviews and collate his comments about Lin they amount to - 'Not very athletic, can't go left, isn't great in transition, not a good enough playmaker to trust with the ball,' etc.

Lin's USG rate for PGs in the league is 47/50. Tony Douglas, when on the court has had a higher usage rate than Lin (and that was before today's game vs the Hornets.)

If you watch the game, there are no screens being set for Lin to free him to drive as opposed to NY where he was constantly involved in the PnR.

I'm guessing Sampson wanted to cut Lin to begin with and like all the other SAS type haters has never been interested in giving Lin a chance. He doesn't rate him as a player so he's not letting him play, which is resulting in Lin's 'poor play.' His confidence looks gone.

Of course, to people who are biased and haters it's completely irrelevant that Lin's only been allowed to play as an actual point guard in two of the games he's played for the Rockets this season, those were the first two, since then he's been shackled. I don't think Lin will ever play well under Sampson and it might even ruin his career, but I'm sure that'll make the haters happy because they'll think they were proven right.

P.S. He should have had at least 3-4 more assists but a combination of Asik, Parsons and Patterson missed easy transition finishes of his passes.

ripthekik
11-15-2012, 05:52 AM
And then you look at my rep and then you look at your own, you were negged like crazy before Jeff changed the rep system.. :facepalm

this guy is actually proud of his rep here at ISH, as if they actually meant anything :roll: :roll: :roll: "WOW WOW look at my rep, I'm a GREAT POSTER" I'm sorry Millwad, a poster with my rep has no right to talk to you this way :bowdown:

It's down to the offensive 'scheme.' Sampson has never rated Lin as a player so he's not letting him play. He wants Lin to give the ball to Harden and let him playmake while Lin stands as a spot up 3 point shooter taking three point shots. It looks like Lin's confidence is completely destroyed now.

If you listen to Sampson's interviews and collate his comments about Lin they amount to - 'Not very athletic, can't go left, isn't great in transition, not a good enough playmaker to trust with the ball,' etc.

Lin's USG rate for PGs in the league is 47/50. Tony Douglas, when on the court has had a higher usage rate than Lin (and that was before today's game vs the Hornets.)

If you watch the game, there are no screens being set for Lin to free him to drive as opposed to NY where he was constantly involved in the PnR.

I'm guessing Sampson wanted to cut Lin to begin with and like all the other SAS type haters has never been interested in giving Lin a chance. He doesn't rate him as a player so he's not letting him play, which is resulting in Lin's 'poor play.' His confidence looks gone.

Of course, to people who are biased and haters it's completely irrelevant that Lin's only been allowed to play as an actual point guard in two of the games he's played for the Rockets this season, those were the first two, since then he's been shackled. I don't think Lin will ever play well under Sampson and it might even ruin his career, but I'm sure that'll make the haters happy because they'll think they were proven right.

P.S. He should have had at least 3-4 more assists but a combination of Asik, Parsons and Patterson missed easy transition finishes of his passes.

Thanks for the insight, that makes things a lot clearer now. Funny how another rocket fan had no idea about this. It doesn't sound good for him though, he'd have to really try hard to prove himself to change the circumstances. Is Mchale coming back soon, or is it staying this way for a while?

millwad
11-15-2012, 06:21 AM

Nonsense, so many excuses. Now it's Sampson fault and earlier it was Harden's and Mchale's fault. And not letting Lin play? Lin played like garbage and Greivis put up 11 points, a couple of rebounds and assists in the first Q on Lin.

Lin isn't attacking, Lin isn't taking his open shots and he's shooting with a worthless FG%.

Haha, nonsense.

Pure copy and paste from clutchfans from a crybaby LOF:er on clutchans, if you'd read the thread on CF where a new poster wrote that you would notice that the only people who agreed were the one's who registrated AFTER Lin got signed and the one's who thought it was pure nonsense were the real fans..

So you're basically saying that Toney Douglas is doing something Jeremy is not allowed to do, yeah, dude..

He didn't do anything in this game, he didn't even take his open shots, he passed up on at least 5 open looks and he missed 8 out of 10 shots. Can't believe how many excuses you have for the guy's bad performance.

Yeah, everyone is against Lin.
The Rockets made him their 2nd most expensive point guard in franchise history just to ignore him and make him look bad.

Haha, this is getting out of hand. You're excusing him for every poor perfomance he puts up so you better put yourself in the biased category.

Yeah, poor guy, in basketball no one misses any shots and Lin was the only one who didn't have some fine passes who didn't get executed in good ways..

Excuses, excuses and.... EXCUSES.

millwad
11-15-2012, 06:26 AM
this guy is actually proud of his rep here at ISH, as if they actually meant anything :roll: :roll: :roll: "WOW WOW look at my rep, I'm a GREAT POSTER" I'm sorry Millwad, a poster with my rep has no right to talk to you this way :bowdown:

Not proud, but you that I'm considered to be a scumbag but you were the one who directly got hate from a handful of poster while no one made a single comment about me. And you're a troll, you used to be full of negs, reps doesn't mean much at all but it takes a worthless troll to be drained in negs.

Thanks for the insight, that makes things a lot clearer now. Funny how another rocket fan had no idea about this. It doesn't sound good for him though, he'd have to really try hard to prove himself to change the circumstances. Is Mchale coming back soon, or is it staying this way for a while?

It was a pure copy and paste rant from clutchfans, not original and full of excuses and I look forward to see him answering my reply. And if you'd spend a second of your life to actually check what kind of response that bogus got on clutchfans you'd see that the guy is no Rocket fan, only a Lin fan. Old Rocket fans bashed that nonsense, only new posters who only signed up because of Lin bought that bogus.

Klazart
11-15-2012, 06:27 AM

I'm not sure things would be very different under Mchale. There's been strong rumor that the Rocket's coaching staff wanted Dragic to be given the player option and were incensed that Lin was brought back. It's hard to say at this stage, but I think the real difference between McHale and Sampson is that Mchale is much more careful in choosing his words, whereas Sampson is much more likely to let his true feelings out.

I think Lin is a good guy and mentally strong, but after he got thrown under the bus in NY, to come to the Rockets, expecting a fresh start and then be thrown under the bus once more, I'm not surprised his confidence is in pieces.

There are three main things that really stick out for me in this whole episode.

In game 3 in the first quarter after Lin started brilliants, scoring points and 3 assists in the first couple of minutes, he was pulled to the side and chewed out by Sampson (Mchale was still there at this time.) I was wondering what that was all about since I couldn't see what Lin had done wrong. Immediately after that he started deferring the play to Harden. My guess is that he got chewed out for not following the scheme and actually trying to play like a PG.

Secondly, I just cannot get over Lin's usage rate. So it really frustrates me when people compare box scores. How can he produce when he isn't allowed to play?

Lastly, I haven't heard Sampson say anything positive about Lin, and to me that's very telling. I don't know how a player can succeed when the coach has zero faith in him from before he got there and they don't give him a chance.

I think this is going to be a painful year from him, but he's shown a lot of toughness dealing with this kind of prejudice in the past. I guess Linsanity wasn't enough. He was to find a way to do it all over again.

ripthekik
11-15-2012, 06:32 AM
It was a pure copy and paste rant from clutchfans, not original and full of excuses and I look forward to see him answering my reply. And if you'd spend a second of your life to actually check what kind of response that bogus got on clutchfans you'd see that the guy is no Rocket fan, only a Lin fan. Old Rocket fans bashed that nonsense, only new posters who only signed up because of Lin bought that bogus.
I get my negs because I insult Lebron all the time, and Lebron fans (big number on this site) are the ones who usually have full green bars from repping each other. That's why it doesn't mean a thing. As you saw, the ones who came onto me were lebron fans.

Anyways, interesting, I've never been to clutchfans but i'll take a look. I agree with you as of now - he's been too passive and dependent on Harden. He needs to do smth soon before his career goes down the drain.

millwad
11-15-2012, 06:37 AM
I get my negs because I insult Lebron all the time, and Lebron fans (big number on this site) are the ones who usually have full green bars from repping each other. That's why it doesn't mean a thing. As you saw, the ones who came onto me were lebron fans.

Anyways, interesting, I've never been to clutchfans but i'll take a look. I agree with you as of now - he's been too passive and dependent on Harden. He needs to do smth soon before his career goes down the drain.

I want to see Lin do well, New York was the team I checked out the most last season after Houston and I loved what Lin did for New York. I have no interest in seeing the guy fail in Houston, it doesn't make sense.

But I still find it very odd that you're so sensitive about Lin and basically "attacked" me and called me out for not being a Rocket fan because I was very skeptical to Lin's game in Houston. And you've defended Lin now for months on ISH and you get mad when people write negative stuff about him, but still you trash LeBron constantly and troll LeBron fans.. How does that make any sense?

Anyway, enough of this now, I want Lin to do just as well as you want him to do.

Klazart
11-15-2012, 06:46 AM

I don't really see any point of getting involved in a debate with you because I don't think you have any objectivity on the subject. You're completely blinded by your hatred of Lin and you resort to using weak arguments like 'you're not a real fan,' to dismiss people's opinion off hand. I'm not sure what going back and forth with you for ten or twenty pages of post would achieve. You really think it would be constructive?

To me your posts are filled with confirmation bias. You were never interested in giving Lin a chance, you think he's a crap player so you see everything through that filter. I don't think anything I can say is going to convince you otherwise so why bother?

But for the sake of fairness, I'll give you this one reply to your post.

[QUOTE=millwad]Nonsense, so many excuses. Now it's Sampson fault and earlier it was Harden's and Mchale's fault. And not letting Lin play? Lin played like garbage and Greivis put up 11 points, a couple of rebounds and assists in the first Q on Lin.

Lin isn't attacking, Lin isn't taking his open shots and he's shooting with a worthless FG%.

I've never said it was Harden's fault. I'm guessing Sampson and Mchale are in agreement about the offensive scheme they are employing. So yes, the coaching staff are misusing Lin. Greivis played as a pointguard, Lin as a spot-up three point shooter. If your going to rely on box scores then the kind of subtle context based argument I'm trying to make isn't going to interest you.

Lin is having no screens set for him or plays run for him. The NO PG was getting screen after screen and pick after pick. I.E. He was allowed to be the PG of his team and while he was on the court the primary playmaker. Not so in the rocket's offense. Lin is taking less than 10 shots a game. He's taking far too many 3 point shots because that's what his role on the team has been reduced to. So his FG% is going to suffer. When he was at the knicks he'd start out like that sometimes, missing lay-ups and not shooting great, but he'd keep attacking and eventually end up with a great box score. Only on the rockets he has no support to play as a PG or play an attacking game because the coach wants him to give the ball to Harden and get out of the way.

Haha, nonsense.

Pure copy and paste from clutchfans from a crybaby LOF:er on clutchans, if you'd read the thread on CF where a new poster wrote that you would notice that the only people who agreed were the one's who registrated AFTER Lin got signed and the one's who thought it was pure nonsense were the real fans..

Anyone who starts with this elitist bullshit about real fans and all that shit is a moron as far as I'm concerned. It just shows that your own arguments are weak when you need to summarily dismiss other people's opinion out of hand rather than actually address the points that are made.

So you're basically saying that Toney Douglas is doing something Jeremy is not allowed to do, yeah, dude..

Pretty much yes. for the last few games. Though I noticed in tonights game that he was also passing up the ball to Harden more. Which is not surprising since TD has no idea how to pass the ball.

He didn't do anything in this game, he didn't even take his open shots, he passed up on at least 5 open looks and he missed 8 out of 10 shots. Can't believe how many excuses you have for the guy's bad performance.

He certainly had a poor game within the limited opportunity he had. But he's not being played in a way that gives him a chance to play to his strengths or potential. He's asked to be a spot up 3 point shooter and he's gone cold. I'd rather he pass up long range looks than keep bricking pointless 3s. I think he only had 2 layup attempts the entire game, both of his own dribble and I'm pretty sure he was fouled on both. Harden got a few no calls too but he drove enough that he did end up getting some foul calls.

Why don't you rewatch the game, count how many screens Harden got, how many screens the NO PG got and then count how many screens Lin got before rushing to judgement.

Yeah, everyone is against Lin.
The Rockets made him their 2nd most expensive point guard in franchise history just to ignore him and make him look bad.

I don't think so, and I'm hoping Morey will intervene. The coaching staff never really had faith in him, that's why they cut him last year and it looks quite simply like they haven't changed their mind about him. They aren't trying to make him look bad or anything that clever. They just don't trust him to play as the PG and primary playmaker on the team and his USG stats show that.

I'm repeating myself at this stage and I don't think either you are I are going to say anything new on this topic to each other, so feel free to keep on hating.

Toizumi
11-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Lin played in just 64 games (25 starts) before this season. Honestly, I don't know why he's being critized so much. He's looked pretty good out there in my opinion. The shots aren't falling, but he has displayed good court vision and decisionmaking and he's actually quite active on defense, eventhough he's not great at that end of the floor. Poor shooting numbers, but solid stats overall:
11.3 PPG
6.4 APG
2.6 SPG
(2.5 TOPG and .353FG are bad)
Thing is, Lin showed last year that he can shoot the ball. He's missing those jumpers now, but his stroke should come back at some point. He just needs to be more consistent. He just needs to grow into his role as starting PG and one of the leaders of the team.

shoops
11-15-2012, 07:04 AM
But I still find it very odd that you're so sensitive about Lin and basically "attacked" me and called me out for not being a Rocket fan because I was very skeptical to Lin's game in Houston.
In fairness, it was probably because you were repeatedly ragging on Lin's inadequacies. I understand that you were upset that the Rockets let Dragic go, but you already got your point across loud and clear, just have to watch it play out now and hope for the best though.

Anyways the way I see it, Lin's play has gotten less and less involved, almost a downward spiral. I can't say for certain why, but signs point to a lack of confidence, a hesitation, as well as the overall shift to Harden. After all, because Harden is the better player, they've seemingly made him the primary ballhandler while relegating Lin to a fringe role. Signs such as Lin passing up the ball very early on and sitting in the corner- a level of passivity he never reached last season, seem to suggest this. Obviously this hasn't done wonders on his confidence, you can see his hesitation grow. As this gameplan has shifted, Lin's effectiveness has evidently gone down, seeing as how Lin is no good as a spot up shooter.

Now I'm not saying Lin is blameless, outside of his poor spot up shooting, he really has to take more action or be more vocal to involve himself, whether that involves talking to the coaches or not sticking to the gameplan and take some midrange shots. By doing this, hopefully the staff will give him a larger role again and set some screens for him.

The shots aren't falling, but he has displayed good court vision and decisionmaking and he's actually quite active on defense, eventhough he's not great at that end of the floor.
Yes, I agree, he's shown great court vision and good decision making (though a bit hesitant) and intangibles, which is why he should probably be handling the rock more than Harden. Lin is probably still the better floor general, runs the break very well. It's not like that will harm Harden's game, he can play off the ball pretty well, it's mutually beneficial.

Hope he can bounce back before his confidence is shot. He needs to get some swagger back.

Shepseskaf
11-15-2012, 07:40 AM
As this gameplan has shifted, Lin's effectiveness has evidently gone down, seeing as how Lin is no good as a spot up shooter.
I absolutely agree with this. Plays have to be designed to get Lin going strong to the hole. Once some confidence is generated by driving hard and perhaps getting fouled -- where he can take advantage of being an excellent free throw shooter -- then the jumpshots will start coming as well.

However, if his poor play continues, the team can't continue to start him.

Boomerang
11-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't really see any point of getting involved in a debate with you because I don't think you have any objectivity on the subject. You're completely blinded by your hatred of Lin and you resort to using weak arguments like 'you're not a real fan,' to dismiss people's opinion off hand. I'm not sure what going back and forth with you for ten or twenty pages of post would achieve. You really think it would be constructive?

To me your posts are filled with confirmation bias. You were never interested in giving Lin a chance, you think he's a crap player so you see everything through that filter. I don't think anything I can say is going to convince you otherwise so why bother?

But for the sake of fairness, I'll give you this one reply to your post.

[quote]

I've never said it was Harden's fault. I'm guessing Sampson and Mchale are in agreement about the offensive scheme they are employing. So yes, the coaching staff are misusing Lin. Greivis played as a pointguard, Lin as a spot-up three point shooter. If your going to rely on box scores then the kind of subtle context based argument I'm trying to make isn't going to interest you.

Lin is having no screens set for him or plays run for him. The NO PG was getting screen after screen and pick after pick. I.E. He was allowed to be the PG of his team and while he was on the court the primary playmaker. Not so in the rocket's offense. Lin is taking less than 10 shots a game. He's taking far too many 3 point shots because that's what his role on the team has been reduced to. So his FG% is going to suffer. When he was at the knicks he'd start out like that sometimes, missing lay-ups and not shooting great, but he'd keep attacking and eventually end up with a great box score. Only on the rockets he has no support to play as a PG or play an attacking game because the coach wants him to give the ball to Harden and get out of the way.

Anyone who starts with this elitist bullshit about real fans and all that shit is a moron as far as I'm concerned. It just shows that your own arguments are weak when you need to summarily dismiss other people's opinion out of hand rather than actually address the points that are made.

Pretty much yes. for the last few games. Though I noticed in tonights game that he was also passing up the ball to Harden more. Which is not surprising since TD has no idea how to pass the ball.

He certainly had a poor game within the limited opportunity he had. But he's not being played in a way that gives him a chance to play to his strengths or potential. He's asked to be a spot up 3 point shooter and he's gone cold. I'd rather he pass up long range looks than keep bricking pointless 3s. I think he only had 2 layup attempts the entire game, both of his own dribble and I'm pretty sure he was fouled on both. Harden got a few no calls too but he drove enough that he did end up getting some foul calls.

Why don't you rewatch the game, count how many screens Harden got, how many screens the NO PG got and then count how many screens Lin got before rushing to judgement.

I don't think so, and I'm hoping Morey will intervene. The coaching staff never really had faith in him, that's why they cut him last year and it looks quite simply like they haven't changed their mind about him. They aren't trying to make him look bad or anything that clever. They just don't trust him to play as the PG and primary playmaker on the team and his USG stats show that.

I'm repeating myself at this stage and I don't think either you are I are going to say anything new on this topic to each other, so feel free to keep on hating.
Excellent post, and the 2 above as well. Finally people with some objectivity.

Lebron23
03-13-2013, 03:15 AM
Oh, so butthurt.
You wrote stuff that you took out of context that barely no one knows about or even remember the original stuff so don't act like you actually didn't try to find out stuff about me and I haven't ever even written a word to you. You sure thing know alot about me.. :facepalm

And don't be mad, you're the same clown who mocked RRR3 for his looks and time after time you posted his pic and you even went as far that you edited his picture with awful captions.

And yeah, now you're not taiwanese because you cheered for the US in the Olympics and not China, haha.. And many taiwanese people don't even like China so that makes even less sense. But hey, I must be argentinian because I cheered for Scola and Argentina in the Olympics.. :facepalm

And now to the most pathetic, you have for months had your tongue in JLin's butthole and you defend him like there's no tomorrow and you hate people who write negative stuff about him. You have defended him for months now and suddenly Rocket fans who aren't that positive about him fake fans and only Lin haters.. How does this make any sense when you're the biggest LeBron hater on this site? HOW? :facepalm

I want to see Lin do well, New York was the team I checked out the most last season after Houston and I loved what Lin did for New York. I have no interest in seeing the guy fail in Houston, it doesn't make sense.

But I still find it very odd that you're so sensitive about Lin and basically "attacked" me and called me out for not being a Rocket fan because I was very skeptical to Lin's game in Houston. And you've defended Lin now for months on ISH and you get mad when people write negative stuff about him, but still you trash LeBron constantly and troll LeBron fans.. How does that make any sense?

Anyway, enough of this now, I want Lin to do just as well as you want him to do.

Thanks for the information Detective Millwad. This guy is just an arrogant douchebag. He's also denied that He's from Taiwan. What a F*cking loser!!!!