PDA

View Full Version : Time to trade Pau Gasoft for valuable assests.

Mr. Jabbar
11-14-2012, 01:54 AM
Godbe forgives his teammates but I don't.

Hes been downhill for 2-3 straight years and is only getting softer & more feminine. Pull the trigger while he still holds any value.

dbk123
11-14-2012, 01:55 AM
gasol for manu and kawhi

heyhey
I would trade him for ryan anderson or J. Green straight up if the salary worked out

LoneyROY7
Gasol for Amare is the only trade that makes sense for both parties.

BEAST Griffin
Lakers should trade him for Josh Smith if they can.

bluechox2
jordan hill should start, hes got more hustle

spiegel
You just said he has been on a downhill slope and you expect to get valueable assets in return?

spiegel
11-14-2012, 01:56 AM
gasol for manu and kawhi
Spurs would not do it

brownmamba00
11-14-2012, 01:56 AM
gasol for manu and kawhi
done

Sarcastic
11-14-2012, 01:57 AM
Gasol for Amare is the only trade that makes sense for both parties.

GTFOH. Knicks don't want Pau.

Mr. Jabbar
11-14-2012, 01:57 AM
You just said he has been on a downhill slope and you expect to get valueable assets in return?

Yeah there's still a collective mindset that he is still kinda good, mostly from people that don't watch bball though :lol

LoneyROY7
11-14-2012, 01:58 AM

:(

heyhey
11-14-2012, 01:58 AM
Yeah there's still a collective mindset that he is still kinda good, mostly from people that don't watch bball though :lol

and the white boy loving kevin mchale :oldlol:

Zach Morris
11-14-2012, 01:59 AM
jordan hill should start, hes got more hustle

But he's f*cking stupid. Makes way too many bonehead mistakes.

Ol Dirty Bastard
11-14-2012, 01:59 AM
Laker fans just can't ever be satisfied :facepalm

Lakers will be fine, give it time

But yes Pau has been going downhill lately, although he balled for Spain.

PS

La Liga sucks

Whoah10115
11-14-2012, 02:00 AM
2-3 years?

Yea, ok.

Yea, ok.

BuffaloBill
11-14-2012, 02:01 AM
Laker fans just can't ever be satisfied :facepalm

Lakers will be fine, give it time

But yes Pau has been going downhill lately, although he balled for Spain.

PS

La Liga sucks

No. Their bench is hilariously bad. They will not win anything with those players. They desperately need to improve.

konex
11-14-2012, 02:01 AM
Trust me, it's coming. He is just a jumpshooter who hurts our defense with Dwight on the team

dbk123
11-14-2012, 02:02 AM
Trust me, it's coming. He is just a jumpshooter who hurts our defense with Dwight on the team
inb4 gasol retires as a laker

Rekindled
11-14-2012, 02:02 AM
pau+ebanks for gallo+wilson Chandler+mozgov

lakers:

Dwight/Mozgov
Jamison/Hill
Gallo/Chandler/MWP
Kobe/Meeks
Nash/Blake

move MWP+DJO+Morris for a backup pg

TheeBeast
11-14-2012, 02:04 AM

Pau rebounds and passes. Which other PF could we get that does that better?

Dwight defends the paint, we don't need a great defensive PF per say.

CLTHornets4eva
11-14-2012, 02:04 AM
The Hawks don't need Gasol. They are looking for young assets and picks.

Whoah10115
11-14-2012, 02:05 AM

lakers:

Dwight/Mozgov
Jamison/Hill
Gallo/Chandler/MWP
Kobe/Meeks
Nash/Blake

Not uneven, but the Nuggets have Faried so there's really no need unless they're playing Gasol at C...and I don't think that works for them, especially with the way they use McGee.

TheBigVeto
11-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Gasol for Lebron James and Chris Bosh.
DO IT MITCH!

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-14-2012, 02:08 AM
The Hawks don't need Gasol. They are looking for young assets and picks.
Who gives a fck what the Hawks want.

fsvr54
11-14-2012, 02:09 AM

Hawks fans, dumb****.

TheeBeast
11-14-2012, 02:10 AM

LOL @ the thought of having Josh Smith. He does just about everything worse than Pau. Maybe except for blocks

Mr. Jabbar
11-14-2012, 02:10 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img708/3372/44396718.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img641/6052/pau1t.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img248/4145/paugasoft.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img545/3494/gasoft188x250.jpg

LA Lakers
11-14-2012, 02:13 AM
Yall are foolish. Just gotta find a way to utilize Pau in the high post cuz hes excellent there. The great thing about having Odom was the spacing he created on the floor for guys like Gasol to go to work cuz Odom could play the 1 3 4 and 5. Pau is playing too far away from the basket. Hopefully D Antoni can find a place for him in the offense again, like I said, high post he excels, plus hes an excellent big man passer and he can kick it back opens up the baseline as well. Pau is a 2 time champ and dont tell me the dude cant dominate. Yeah hes been inconsistent last couple years but only a few nights ago he put up like a 23/17. How about Gold Medal game 3rd quarter where he virtually outscored almost entire team USA. Pau just gotta play closer to the basket which is tough with a bynum or howard down low. Hopefully D Antoni can work some magic with lineups cuz I sure as hell dont wanna get rid of Gasol. Especially since we got Nash now too.

konex
Pau rebounds and passes. Which other PF could we get that does that better?

Dwight defends the paint, we don't need a great defensive PF per say.

We need a PF who will play some damn defense and get offensive boards. We lost this game when they took Hill out. No way he has the ball taken from him like Pau did at the end...

Trade Pau for a starting 3 and backup 2. Metta and Meeks are GARBAGE

DuMa
Time to use Gasol as a scapegoat again :facepalm

andremiller07
11-14-2012, 02:14 AM
Gasol for Pattrick Patterson and Chandler Parsons

Benefits for Lakers
.Athletic do it all SF (kinda like a Tayshaun Prince type)
.A good spot up shooter in Patterson would work well with both Dwight to spaace the floor and on the pick n roll with nash
.Would slightly improve there bench and add a little youth

Benefits for Rockets
. A legit 2nd option (If they want to make the playoffs) with both Pau and Harden being good playmakers and would take alot of pressure of James Harden
. Immediate improvment

LA Lakers
11-14-2012, 02:15 AM
Yeah sometimes he plays like hes on the rag and incosistent, but still, come on now. Pau Gasol is still an all star(in my book)

LA Lakers
11-14-2012, 02:16 AM
We lose Pau there goes at least a quarter of our offensive rebounds. Bigger concern for everyone should be our bench and lack of reliable perimeter shooters...

disel
11-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Gasol for Lebron James and Chris Bosh.
DO IT MITCH!
Shutup ch$nk

TheeBeast
11-14-2012, 02:20 AM
We need a PF who will play some damn defense and get offensive boards. We lost this game when they took Hill out. No way he has the ball taken from him like Pau did at the end...

Trade Pau for a starting 3 and backup 2. Metta and Meeks are GARBAGE

IF Mitch can get a deal where we take off like bandits again, Fo will do it. But until then Pau for somehting of equal value or slightly better isn't going to happen.

Pau is playing great, we don't need to get rid of him.

disel
11-14-2012, 02:20 AM

lakers:

Dwight/Mozgov
Jamison/Hill
Gallo/Chandler/MWP
Kobe/Meeks
Nash/Blake

You be close to he dumbest *** on this board.

Zedja
11-14-2012, 02:21 AM
Stop blaming Pau. The Lakers lost because they just ****ing lost. The Spurs broke the Lakers down. God damn you ****ing Kobe dick suckers need to lay off Gasol.

plowking
11-14-2012, 02:22 AM
Get rid of Kobe. Hes just protecting his FG% and not taking hard shots anymore. That's what its all about.

TheeBeast
11-14-2012, 02:23 AM
Get rid of Kobe. Hes just protecting his FG% and not taking hard shots anymore. That's what its all about.

Kobe was being the facilitator with 8 assists. Or did you miss that stat?

Mr. Jabbar
11-14-2012, 02:24 AM
We lose Pau there goes at least a quarter of our offensive rebounds. Bigger concern for everyone should be our bench and lack of reliable perimeter shooters...

He just seems so soft out there, utter softness, what does this guy has BUTTER on his hands? They strip the ball from him like candy from a child, norebound is secure with him. He is also horrendous at setting up a decent screen (ILL adviced slow movement bad positioning). Is unable to make the inside out pass when hes near the key a la bynum wtf is up with that? (unwilling to pass is not how he was) to top it off hes been a pretty awful open spot up shooter when needed (that was his main strengh with this lineup)

a SHELL of his former self, and to make it worse, he seems unmotivated.

LA Lakers
11-14-2012, 02:32 AM
Yeah but lets face it, dudes been soft his whole career. Always had the butterfingers issue. My points were that hes playing to far away from the basket. Like I said, when we had Odom he created spacing for Pau cuz he could play the 1 3 4 and 5. Hopefully D Antoni can work his magic and utilize lineups that put Pau in the high post. He is such a skilled passer that he can free open the baseline for reverse passes and with a Nash he can run on the high screen set and get those accurate feeds he needs.

LA Lakers
11-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Hes too valuable with a pg like Nash. its just putting him in the places on the court he needs to be. Not at the top of the key or out by the 3 point line practically running point or standing around. I mean, 23/17 a few nights ago plus that 3rd q of the gold medal game. I agree, he has been more inconsistent more often than not these past couple seasons, but I still think hes an all star and too valuable a piece to give up. Id look more towards getting a decent bench and having Metta take less shots and play off the ball as much as possible. Hopefully Jamison will pick his game up too. We need those perimeter shooters especially if we go up against teams who are gonna try and shoot us out of a game(lookin at you Miami, OKC)

Whoah10115
11-14-2012, 02:38 AM
I think we have to see how he fits into the offense D'Antoni implements.

But I do think he more than likely should be traded. However, you have to be able to get something back. This thread is full of shit tho.

Meticode
11-14-2012, 02:40 AM
I just watched the Spurs @ Lakers highlights and all I have to say is what the f*ck? There was a clip where Parker shot a 18 foot leaner, he ran into the lane under the basket right next to seven footer Gasol and got his own rebound and put back. :facepalm Gasol's reaction is "WTF?"

KOBE143
11-14-2012, 02:41 AM
Agree trade his ass..

Pau played hard when its free but played soft when paid..

My suggestion:
Pau for Noah - both team will benefit in this trade.. Bulls need offense, Lakers need toughness.. Howard will play PF, his suited position..
Pau for Varejao - same as above..
Pau for Marc Gasol - Pau reuniting with his former team.. Memphis will welcome him with open arms and will retire his jersey in the future for helping us winning two titles.. Pau retiring as a Memphis is the best thing that happen in their franchise history just like winning a championship.. Whenever I think of Pau returning to his former team makes me :cry: .. Their long lost franchise player is back reminiscence of Jordan 1995 Im back..

RazorBaLade
11-14-2012, 02:42 AM
personaly im really happy with his aggression tonight

loss not on him

Mr. Incredible
11-14-2012, 02:43 AM
Never though I'd see the day. Lakers fans are so damn desperate. LeBron and the HEAT have them in a choke hold. :lol

Mr. Jabbar
11-14-2012, 02:45 AM
personaly im really happy with his aggression tonight

loss not on him

I preffer to watch the games with the TV on

Money 23
11-14-2012, 02:46 AM
Gasol has been morphining into a [()] ever since Shannon Brown smashed his fiance (mid 2010 - 2011 season)

RazorBaLade
11-14-2012, 02:47 AM
I preffer to watch the games with the TV on

he took big shots near the end.. ionly missed 1

Mr. Jabbar
11-14-2012, 02:49 AM
he took big shots near the end.. ionly missed 1

He had one good shot in the last minute, thats pretty much all he did, besides those 2 ft's which should have been a +1

Mr. Incredible
11-14-2012, 02:49 AM
lakers are in PANIC MODE! No way you guys make it out the Wild Wild West :roll:

oh the horror
11-14-2012, 02:51 AM
lakers are in PANIC MODE! No way you guys make it out the Wild Wild West :roll:

In before someone bumps this thread, and quotes this as the Lakers are reaming teams after they mesh. :oldlol:

Graviton
11-14-2012, 03:00 AM
I have been calling for this since 2011. This ain't 2008 GASOL! This is Mr Gasoft that vanished in 2 straight playoffs. You can blame the system or coaches not utilizing him properly, but anyone who watched him last 2 years sees his softness. He is straight up scared to shoot open jumpers or drive, he thinks too much and passes a lot instead of taking the open shots.

With Mike no D Anthoni Lakers need some youth, speed and athleticism along with defensive personnel to play D without Mike's guidance. This trade would be great for them.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c73tgcu

Seems fair.

MeLO MvP 15
11-14-2012, 03:04 AM
I'd do Amar'e and Pau in a second. Hell if we still had picks, I'd give up those for him too. Pau is such a better fit it's not even funny. Sure it'd suck to have to move Melo back to the 3... but that's happening with Stat coming back anyways. I'd rather have Tyson and Melo next to the big who rebounds, passes and defends.

flipogb
11-14-2012, 03:06 AM
three way trade with Houston and Atlanta. Houston's PFs to Atlanta. Smoove and Korver to LA and Pau and a PG to Houston

Skep
11-14-2012, 03:08 AM
trade Pau + Nash for teague Lou Williams +Smith

Trade Kobe for Anthony Davis + Eric Gordon

Teague
Gordon
Smith
Davis
Howard

Out with the old in with the new

I<3NBA
11-14-2012, 03:14 AM
Heat willing to give Dexter Pittman, Joel Anthony, Mike Miller, Rashard Lewis, and picks to get Pau Gasol.

Lebron will show Kobe how to play with Gasol correctly.

Rubio2Gasol
11-14-2012, 03:29 AM
Smith + Korver.

But I would love for him to be in Minesota but they won't trade kevin Love :cry:

KDthunderup
11-14-2012, 03:33 AM
I would trade him for ryan anderson or J. Green straight up if the salary worked out
Ryan Anderson would be a great fit for the Lakers with D'antoni coaching.

TheeBeast
11-14-2012, 03:56 AM
I'd do Amar'e and Pau in a second. Hell if we still had picks, I'd give up those for him too. Pau is such a better fit it's not even funny. Sure it'd suck to have to move Melo back to the 3... but that's happening with Stat coming back anyways. I'd rather have Tyson and Melo next to the big who rebounds, passes and defends.

Stodi and Dwight. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I'll take him in a heartbeat :rockon:

talkingconch
11-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Heat willing to give Dexter Pittman, Joel Anthony, Mike Miller, Rashard Lewis, and picks to get Pau Gasol.

Lebron will show Kobe how to play with Gasol correctly.
Doubt it, he needs 2 or more prime stars to win championships. Kobe and Gasol on the other hand, got the job done. Twice.

Clutch
11-14-2012, 08:55 AM
Yes they do if it's Pau for Amare straight up.

Shepseskaf
11-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Hell yes!!

I think Gasol is just sick of being a scapegoat, and sick of being in LA. Give him some new surroundings, and he'll respond.

bagelred
11-14-2012, 09:15 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/33yjj9y.png

:bowdown:

Sarcastic
11-14-2012, 09:17 AM

No we wouldn't, but thanks for trying.

bagelred
11-14-2012, 09:19 AM

Uh.....yes we would!.....but Knicks management/Dolan won't do it because they have too much loyalty to Amar'e. But in theory, if unbiased, Knicks absolutely would. Gasol is a better fit than Amar'e.

Clutch
11-14-2012, 09:32 AM
You're the only one (or one of the few Knicks fans) who wouldn't do that trade.

Gasol is a better player and a better fit than Amare. He's a better rebounder,passer and defender. Also he can play back to the basket. Not to mention that he's healthy and you can even count on him to be healthy for most of the season and playoffs.

I don't see one reason why we should pick Amare over Gasol. I don't even think Amare's better offensively. He really sucked last year and with all the injuries things aren't looking good for him.

Melo/Pau/Tyson :bowdown:
They would have it all. Defense,rebounding,passing,length. Surely the best frontcourt in the league.

Sarcastic
11-14-2012, 09:59 AM
What makes you think Gasol is a better fit? Dude is washed up, and all the Laker fans know it.

Oh I think I get it. You think Mike D'Antoni is still coaching the Knicks, and has no idea how to use Melo and STAT. Well Mike Woodson is the coach of the Knicks now, and he was like 7-1 with Melo and STAT in the lineup. Give the two of them a chance to play at least 1 season under a normal coach before throwing STAT away for another AARP member. I mean we have the oldest team in the league. Is the goal to win that competition by a blowout?

Optimus Prime
11-14-2012, 10:04 AM
This hating on Gasol is beyond ridiculous at this point. Maybe the Lakers lost because they were playing 4 on 5? Morris/Duhon are you kidding me?! :facepalm

bagelred
11-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Give the two of them a chance to play at least 1 season under a normal coach

No. No more wasted time. It's been a year and a half, it's simply a bad pairing, and everyone knows it. MAYBE it will improve somewhat with Woodson, but its still round peg in a square hole.

before throwing STAT away for another AARP member. I mean we have the oldest team in the league.

Amare born: November 16, 1982
Pau born: July 6, 1980

:coleman:

AirTupac
11-14-2012, 10:10 AM
This hating on Gasol is beyond ridiculous at this point. Maybe the Lakers lost because they were playing 4 on 5? Morris/Duhon are you kidding me?! :facepalm

True to a certain extent but Pau has been shooting 30% this season. There's a REASON he's getting this much hate. I used to expect Pau to drop 20 every night, the last couple season he has declined; which is understandable but with the way he's getting paid and the production he's putting up this season, its simply unacceptable. Missing point blank layups and making very stupid decisions is not acceptable for a player like him.

Pau's last 5 games

http://content.screencast.com/users/sayak2/folders/Snagit/media/664b2b22-69a1-4c5f-ac16-ab0160d393a9/11.14.2012-17.10.32.png

Sarcastic
11-14-2012, 10:13 AM
No. No more wasted time. It's been a year and a half, it's simply a bad pairing, and everyone knows it. MAYBE it will improve somewhat with Woodson, but its still round peg in a square hole.

Amare born: November 16, 1982
Pau born: July 6, 1980

:coleman:

A year and half? The first year was around 20+ games and we traded half our team to get Melo. The second year was a strike year, bad coach, injury, and death in the immediate family. In total Melo and STAT have NOT even played 82 games together yet.

Like I said, give Woodson a chance before taking on an older player for STAT.

Sarcastic
11-14-2012, 10:15 AM

The hating on Amar'e is just as bad. Knicks fans haven't even given him a chance to fck up yet, and they want to ship him out. This is despite the fact that he is the main reason the Knicks were able to assemble the team they have right now.

Eric Cartman
11-14-2012, 10:23 AM

At least give me some lube if you are gonna rape me that hard.

1rkrage
11-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Gasol for Boozer?

Derka
11-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Crazy f*cking people in this thread.

bagelred
11-14-2012, 10:31 AM
A year and half? The first year was around 20+ games and we traded half our team to get Melo. The second year was a strike year, bad coach, injury, and death in the immediate family. In total Melo and STAT have NOT even played 82 games together yet.

Actually, my bad....it hasn't been a year and a half...it's been 21 months!

How many excuses can we make? They've been teammates a long time! Some guys figure out how to play together in the FIRST GAME as teammates. How long does it freakin' take? :hammerhead:

Sarcastic
11-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Actually, my bad....it hasn't been a year and a half...it's been 21 months!

How many excuses can we make? They've been teammates a long time! Some guys figure out how to play together in the FIRST GAME as teammates. How long does it freakin' take? :hammerhead:

Lebron and Wade took 2 full seasons to finally click. Melo and STAT have about 70 something games together. They were trying to build chemistry practicing in the offseason, and now you want to throw that away for Gasoft? :facepalm

I can understand if it was something good. But Pau is on a steady decline for quite some time now. Amare's decline has been a lot more abrupt, and more due to injury. Let's see if he can recover before throwing him away, and giving LA a frontcourt behemoth of Dwight + STAT.

Also aren't you the GM that wanted to give Landry Fields 5 million a year?

Real Men Wear Green
11-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Has a player so vital to 2 Championship runs ever been so widely disregarded by the alleged fans of the team he plays for? Dealing Gasol could make sense if the deal gave LA major bench depth but he can still put up big numbers if wasn't the third optionand he's a great rebounder. LA's problem isn't Gasol.

Zedja
11-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Has a player so vital to 2 Championship runs ever been so widely disregarded by the alleged fans of the team he plays for? Dealing Gasol could make sense if the deal gave LA major bench depth but he can still put up big numbers if wasn't the third optionand he's a great rebounder. LA's problem isn't Gasol.
Amen. It's just Kobe stans being stupid as ****.

B-Easy8
11-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Look at how well Pau played in the Olympics.

Maybe he isn't being used properly?

kNicKz
11-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Pau > Amare for the sole fact that Amare gets hurt every 3 games

Healthy Amare > Gasol

but will Amare every return to being 100 percent healthy?

kNicKz
11-14-2012, 11:07 AM

It's like Bosh in Miami, just watching his Heat highlights you would think he was a different player compared to what he did in Toronto. More stars= less opportunity to use your skills. Pau was the best player on the Spain team and touched the ball almost every time down the court. In LA there are Kobe, Dwight Howard and Steve nash who are all top 10 in the world at their positions

Graviton
11-14-2012, 11:19 AM
It's like Bosh in Miami, just watching his Heat highlights you would think he was a different player compared to what he did in Toronto. More stars= less opportunity to use your skills. Pau was the best player on the Spain team and touched the ball almost every time down the court. In LA there are Kobe, Dwight Howard and Steve nash who are all top 10 in the world at their positions
Except Bosh has been the 2nd best player on Heat and already had a 40 point game. He is a legit scorer, Gasol is not on his level. Pau just looks freaking lost and confused a lot, he passes up open shots and just looks tentative too often.

kNicKz
11-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Except Bosh has been the 2nd best player on Heat and already had a 40 point game. He is a legit scorer, Gasol is not on his level. Pau just looks freaking lost and confused a lot, he passes up open shots and just looks tentative too often.

I'm talking about the last couple seasons bro, I don't draw conclusions 2 weeks into the season, I can only reference last season and before. Pau's Olympic play was very good though

Graviton
11-14-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm talking about the last couple seasons bro, I don't draw conclusions 2 weeks into the season, I can only reference last season and before
Then how about you reference the last 2 playoffs when Gasol vanished while Bosh stepped up? Gasol is just a shell of his former self, this ain't 2008. Can't blame everyone else and treat him like a victim, he just doesn't have that same fire as before.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Idiot Lakers fans overreacting per usual. He and Dwight will be fine in D'Antoni's system.

If you are looking to improve a bit, trading Pau for shooters/athleticism on the perimeter would be ideal.

Rekindled
11-14-2012, 11:37 AM
any trade involve trading pau will have to get back a three point shooting SF or PF, otherwise no point in doing it

Graviton
11-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Idiot Lakers fans overreacting per usual. He and Dwight will be fine in D'Antoni's system.

If you are looking to improve a bit, trading Pau for shooters/athleticism on the perimeter would be ideal.

It's the only deal that makes sense. Get it done Kupchak!

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-14-2012, 11:45 AM

It's the only deal that makes sense. Get it done Kupchak!

pegasus
11-14-2012, 11:46 AM

That's why they need to trade him now, while people are still remembering his play in the Olympics.

There's nothing wrong with the way he is being used; he gets enough touches, but he is too big of a softy to take as many shots as he should, and his mid-range J, which he uses more than anything anymore, has been going down hill since 2010.

He can pass, rebound, and play OK defense next to Howard, but that's about it. They need a consistent mid-range shooter at the 4, and a 3 that can shoot, run and defend.

Whoah10115
11-14-2012, 02:27 PM

Pau Gasol is a better fit.

Pau Gasol is a better player.

If Pau is washed up, then by that line of thinking you'd have to say the same thing about Amare. You're not going to, because you're sticking to pride.

Amare has been a great player, Pau has been a better one. He gives the Knicks another post player. He did great when he had Kobe posting up, just as he would with Carmelo. He'd help ball movement. He's easily a better defender and rebounder and passer and creator and facilitator than Amare. Amare is the high volume scorer, who can be a terror to guard when he's hot. Gasol has more overall impact and, in a game against the Heat, that rebounding presence would be killing.

Melo is averaging 7.2RPG...would be terrific if he were still playing SF. He's not. We're gonna have problems there.

Lastly, please don't tell me I read you say that it took Lebron and Wade 2 years.

In the two years leading up to them "finally" getting it, they won 59 games and were on pace for 57 last year. They also got to the Finals in their first year. Lebron was the runner-up to the MVP. Wade was just as arguable as Kobe for the 1st Team. They beat the better team in 5, in the 2nd round. They beat down the Bulls (don't care how close people think it was, the Bulls were outmatched) and then they got beat by a true team, who swept the freakin Lakers and were led by Dirk on a mission.

If Amare and Melo every get it together the way Wade and Lebron did from day 1 then I'd buy 4 Carmelo jerseys.

bagelred
11-14-2012, 02:30 PM
any trade involve trading pau will have to get back a three point shooting SF or PF, otherwise no point in doing it

Whoah10115
11-14-2012, 02:42 PM
The Lakers getting a bad deal like that? Never.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM

dumb a$$ he said a pf/sf who can stretch the floor and hit 3's

who in your trade does that? tyrus thomas?

Sarcastic
11-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Pau Gasol is a better fit.

Pau Gasol is a better player.

If Pau is washed up, then by that line of thinking you'd have to say the same thing about Amare. You're not going to, because you're sticking to pride.

Amare has been a great player, Pau has been a better one. He gives the Knicks another post player. He did great when he had Kobe posting up, just as he would with Carmelo. He'd help ball movement. He's easily a better defender and rebounder and passer and creator and facilitator than Amare. Amare is the high volume scorer, who can be a terror to guard when he's hot. Gasol has more overall impact and, in a game against the Heat, that rebounding presence would be killing.

Melo is averaging 7.2RPG...would be terrific if he were still playing SF. He's not. We're gonna have problems there.

Lastly, please don't tell me I read you say that it took Lebron and Wade 2 years.

In the two years leading up to them "finally" getting it, they won 59 games and were on pace for 57 last year. They also got to the Finals in their first year. Lebron was the runner-up to the MVP. Wade was just as arguable as Kobe for the 1st Team. They beat the better team in 5, in the 2nd round. They beat down the Bulls (don't care how close people think it was, the Bulls were outmatched) and then they got beat by a true team, who swept the freakin Lakers and were led by Dirk on a mission.

If Amare and Melo every get it together the way Wade and Lebron did from day 1 then I'd buy 4 Carmelo jerseys.

In the 29 games since Woodson took over the Knicks, they have gone 23-6, which is a 65 win pace and that includes I believe a 7-1 stretch with Amare and Melo in the lineup.

brownmamba00
11-14-2012, 03:03 PM
no one wants your trash knicks fans

SilkkTheShocker
11-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Has Sarcastic ever posted something that wasn't completely idiotic? The guy is a friggin retard.

Whoah10115
11-14-2012, 03:11 PM
In the 29 games since Woodson took over the Knicks, they have gone 23-6, which is a 65 win pace and that includes I believe a 7-1 stretch with Amare and Melo in the lineup.

I'm not arguing with that. Woodson has done a great job and it was noticeable from the beginning (even tho it's not a fair knock on D'Antoni all the time).

But 7-1 is a very small sample size. Also, who did we play in those 8 games? And going further, Amare and Melo never sounded good. That's not a good combination. Anthony does well because he's too good a player to be a true hindrance to a team. But he's not a leader and on paper I was screaming when we were gonna get Melo, because that duo would not work. And then it was even worse than I thought.

I'm not trying to bank on that. And Amare is gonna be out for a while. I genuinely don't believe they work. And I also don't really want Gasol. I think he's as good as he's ever been and just needs a change of scenery, but I've been sick of him for a year. Doesn't mean he isn't a better player and isn't a better fit, because he is. And the kind of intangibles he brings is also better than the non-existent intangibles from Amare or from Anthony.

If we have 2 stars, I want at least one of them to have it.

Clutch
11-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Has Sarcastic every posted something that wasn't completely idiotic? The guy is a friggin retard.
Sarcastic often has good points. But I don't agree with him on this one. I would trade Amare for Pau without thinking twice.

NuggetsFan
11-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Has Sarcastic every posted something that wasn't completely idiotic? The guy is a friggin retard.

Dude would struggle arguing that Jordan was one of the greats :lol

Basketbolero
11-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Boozer and the Charlotte pick for him? Do it Mitch?

Kurosawa0
11-14-2012, 03:22 PM
The problem for the Lakers is that this it. Really, this is the only move you can make, so it has to work. They need a better small forward and a stretch four. Not sure where that deal is to be had.

SilkkTheShocker
11-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Sarcastic often has good points. But I don't agree with him on this one. I would trade Amare for Pau without thinking twice.

What good points does he make? There is a difference between being a homer and being absolutely delusional. Many of his arguements are often huge reaches and he has no ability at all to critcize Knicks players. Anyone that doesn't think trading Gasol for Amare is a good idea, has no friggin clue. Gasol may be past his prime, but the man is still in solid, healthy, and can contribute. Amare's knees are falling apart, poor defense, and absolutely does not fit in well playing with Melo. There is absolutely, 100%, no arguement that favors keeping Amare over Gasol. None. Sarcastic is merely stubborn b.itch that can't admit when he is wrong. Which is in his defense, would be a lot of admitting.