PDA

View Full Version : Grant Hill shakes the pants off of Scottie Pippen and Dunks on him

Duncan21formvp
11-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Grant Hill shakes the pants off of Scottie Pippen and Dunks on him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H18Kc2xykPg

FKAri
11-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Grant Hill Shakes Scottie Pippen and Dunks on him

Callystarr
11-14-2012, 10:22 PM
That is the Grant Hill I miss...in HS he was a beast.

IGotACoolStory
11-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Grant Hill, pants off, shakes Scottie Pippen.

webberz0044
11-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Grant Hill drinks sprite.

leopoldstotch
11-14-2012, 11:01 PM
prime Grant Hill. Too bad we didn't see enough of him in the 90s. The guy was a very solid small forward.

Duncan21formvp
11-15-2012, 12:26 AM
prime Grant Hill. Too bad we didn't see enough of him in the 90s. The guy was a very solid small forward.
It is a shame as well.

heyhey
11-15-2012, 12:36 AM
yea prime grant hill was a beast, especially impressive considering how great a defender scottie was. jordan was lucky he had pippen take the toughest defensive assignment and matchup

Round Mound
11-15-2012, 01:01 AM
yea prime grant hill was a beast, especially impressive considering how great a defender scottie was. jordan was lucky he had pippen take the toughest defensive assignment and matchup

:applause:

Duncan21formvp
11-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Actually late in this game Jordan took over guarding Grant Hill and locked him down. Not to mention Grant Hill actually played the same position that Pippen did so it made sense for Pippen to guard him.

knickswin
11-15-2012, 01:46 PM
he had very good footwork going to the basket

Chicago Brawls
11-15-2012, 02:34 PM
GOAT TO on the other end.

:bowdown:

Money 23
11-15-2012, 02:41 PM
When he was healthy, and had confidence ... Hill was a beast. Excellent handle, and underrated crossover.

Probably one of the best crossovers ever, too.

Here he is breaking MJ off twice, arguably worse than Iverson's on Jordan. At least when AI did it, MJ didn't move as much, and very quickly recovered.

Hill was long, quick, and explosive off the dribble.

1998 on MJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG2YSQx5f8s

1995 on MJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg5Wr7kgrwM

Da KO King
11-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Actually late in this game Jordan took over guarding Grant Hill and locked him down. Not to mention Grant Hill actually played the same position that Pippen did so it made sense for Pippen to guard him.
What game was this? :rolleyes:

RRR3
11-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Grant Hill, pants off, shakes Scottie Pippen.
:roll:

Fiasco
11-15-2012, 04:46 PM
I truly believe Grant Hill's blood is the fountain of youth.

tmacattack33
11-15-2012, 04:48 PM

Wow, is that game somehow special, or are you just a genius who can remember the details of every nba regular season game from the present back to 1998?

BlueandGold
11-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Imagine if he was healthy his entire career.. character of ray allen, marketability of MJ and the fundamentals/easy attitude of Duncan.. would have been quite a player.

Duncan21formvp
11-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Wow, is that game somehow special, or are you just a genius who can remember the details of every nba regular season game from the present back to 1998?
It was a game that went into OT and I remembered the Crossover from years ago.

DuMa
11-15-2012, 06:01 PM
So sad. Grant was on his way to becoming a superstar. Great memory of his youth and great potential that he only tapped for a number of years.

Duncan21formvp
11-15-2012, 06:09 PM
What game was this? :rolleyes:
Same game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKVP5ufkSqk

Duncan21formvp
11-16-2012, 12:07 PM
So sad. Grant was on his way to becoming a superstar. Great memory of his youth and great potential that he only tapped for a number of years.
He was a superstar he just wasn't one for a long time.

Da KO King
11-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Same game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKVP5ufkSqk
So you believe that stop was great one on one defender and had nothing to do with the perfectly positioned team defense against a poorly spaced team offense?

necya
11-16-2012, 05:59 PM
So you believe that stop was great one on one defender and had nothing to do with the perfectly positioned team defense against a poorly spaced team offense?
were you trying to make it like i have noticed something interesting ? cause it's not the case at all, MJ defends the screen well and challenge perfectly the first step using his forearm and put his body ahead of Hill's shoulder avoiding the penetration and forced a tough shot...should have pass the ball to Joe after the screen though.

swi7ch
11-16-2012, 06:02 PM
LOL @ MJ committing a turnover! Sometimes you forget he's prone to mistakes, too :oldlol:

Money 23
11-16-2012, 06:08 PM
So you believe that stop was great one on one defender
:biggums:

Yes? How can anyone not ... or specifically how can YOU not?

Sometimes I really wonder about you. Are you just contrarian for the sake of it? Or just flat out dumb? You claim to act like you know soooo much about ball, too. Even going to extents of creating your own thread discussing your views about the game.

You suck at it ... always have. I still remember you claiming Iverson didn't have handle, Beasely would be better than Rose (how is that working for ya?)

And now acting like this clip isn't SUPERB proof of a 35 year old man, playing utterly BEASTLY lock down defense?

Had nothing to do with court spacing. Look at MJ quickly and viciously fighting through a pick, and putting Grant Hill in a straight jacket.

Bad spacing? He had an ENTIRE side of the floor to operate and couldn't shake free of Jordan. Just STFU and KO yourself.

tikay0
11-16-2012, 06:10 PM

You reaching bruh......

Duncan21formvp
11-17-2012, 09:56 AM

Sometimes I really wonder about you. Are you just contrarian for the sake of it? Or just flat out dumb? You claim to act like you know soooo much about ball, too. Even going to extents of creating your own thread discussing your views about the game.

You suck at it ... always have. I still remember you claiming Iverson didn't have handle, Beasely would be better than Rose (how is that working for ya?)

And now acting like this clip isn't SUPERB proof of a 35 year old man, playing utterly BEASTLY lock down defense?

Had nothing to do with court spacing. Look at MJ quickly and viciously fighting through a pick, and putting Grant Hill in a straight jacket.

Bad spacing? He had an ENTIRE side of the floor to operate and couldn't shake free of Jordan. Just STFU and KO yourself.

This.

bizil
11-17-2012, 06:42 PM
I think Hill actually had even more upside to his game when he got hurt. He got hurt really at the beginning stages of his prime years. Who knows how good Hill could have became. Hill was destined to be a top 10 GOAT SF minimum. And his total skillset at SF (on both ends of the court) in only matched by Bron, Pippen, and Hondo. I think Hill was evolving what Pip brought to the table and down the road Bron would take it to the next level. That's how the freak athlete, great all around small forward blueprint was supposed to go. Hill was supposed to be the link and he was but for too brief a time.

Money 23
11-17-2012, 09:27 PM
I think Hill actually had even more upside to his game when he got hurt. He got hurt really at the beginning stages of his prime years. Who knows how good Hill could have became. Hill was destined to be a top 10 GOAT SF minimum. And his total skillset at SF (on both ends of the court) in only matched by Bron, Pippen, and Hondo. I think Hill was evolving what Pip brought to the table and down the road Bron would take it to the next level. That's how the freak athlete, great all around small forward blueprint was supposed to go. Hill was supposed to be the link and he was but for too brief a time.
Absolutely, good post.

Pippen was really the prototype for that point forward position.

Hill would've been the evolutionary link between Pip and the finalized EPITOME final product, LeBron James ... much the way Julius Erving was the evolutionary link between Michael Thompson, and the EPITOME final product, Michael Jordan.

Statistically he was just hitting his peak before he got that ankle injury too. It's sad we missed out on two generational defining players from the 90's Hill and Penny because of injury.

heyhey
11-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Absolutely, good post.

Hill would've been the evolutionary link between Pip and the finalized EPITOME final product, LeBron James ... much the way Julius Erving was the evolutionary link between Michael Thompson, and the EPITOME final product, Michael Jordan.

Statistically he was just hitting his peak before he got that ankle injury too. It's sad we missed out on two generational defining players from the 90's Hill and Penny because of injury.

Not to mention Len Bias

90s really suffered from a dearth of talent in swingman position cause of those injuries and Len's death.

and the 2 most talented wing players played on the same team... all parts and parcel of the MJ legend

Foster5k
11-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Brb. Still trying to find where his pants were shaking off.

Money 23
11-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Not to mention Len Bias

90s really suffered from a dearth of talent in swingman position cause of those injuries and Len's death.

and the 2 most talented wing players played on the same team... all parts and parcel of the MJ legend
Yea man, Len Bias would be to MJ, as LeBron is to Kobe.

Let's also not forget Reggie Lewis, either.

Duncan21formvp
11-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Brb. Still trying to find where his pants were shaking off.
Couldn't use a curse word in the title so had to say something.

imdaman99
11-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Hill undressed the shit outa Pip there :eek:

hon
11-19-2012, 05:04 AM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/grant_hill1.jpg

His first Fila sneakers were serious....

bizil
11-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Absolutely, good post.

Penny falls into that category as well. I think if Penny would have stayed at PG in particular, he would have redefined that spot. Sure Magic at 6'9 really did epic shit. But Penny at 6'7 and a freakish athlete would have brought things to the table that would have redefined PG. Penny at the SG and healthy had the ability to be a top 10 GOAT SG minimum as well. But I think Penny at PG would have flat out redefined PG. I realize MJ played point at times as well as Pippen. But Penny came in the L groomed to be a PG, and had that sixth sense for passing that other big perimeter players like Bird, Magic, and Lebron had. As great of passers that MJ and Pippen were, I put them a hair or two behind guys like Penny, Bron, Magic, or Bird. MJ and Pip had similar assist numbers to guys like Bird, Penny, and Bron, but the tiebreaker for me is the flair and sixth sense it seemed Penny had.

bizil
11-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Hill undressed the shit outa Pip there :eek:

As great of a defender that Pippen was, he had his most trouble with athletic slashers such as Hill and Nique. Those two in particular standout to me when giving Pippen big time trouble, even though Pip still defended them well and in turn gave them their toughest challenges. I would have loved to see a prime Pippen battle a prime Bird. They never had the chance, but I think Bird's size and shooting ability would have given Pippen an interesting challenge as well in a different light.

AngelEyes
11-21-2012, 02:59 AM
Absolutely, good post.

Hill was a massive loss for the NBA. It did appear as though he was just hitting his stride. Had a been on an elite team and still been in his prime it would have made for great theater.

Duncan21formvp
11-23-2012, 10:26 PM
As great of a defender that Pippen was, he had his most trouble with athletic slashers such as Hill and Nique. Those two in particular standout to me when giving Pippen big time trouble, even though Pip still defended them well and in turn gave them their toughest challenges. I would have loved to see a prime Pippen battle a prime Bird. They never had the chance, but I think Bird's size and shooting ability would have given Pippen an interesting challenge as well in a different light.
:cheers:

Duncan21formvp
04-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Here is the fullgame now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFBMPY7q-ck

97 bulls
04-02-2013, 10:20 AM

To be fair, Randy Brown did leave his man twice in an effort to help. Im sure that was by design. And that was excellent man defense from Jordan, but he didnt lock him down on his own.

Mrofir
04-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Absolutely, good post.

good post but i would suggest there is no such thing as a final product.

still good post.

Haymaker
04-02-2013, 11:09 AM

Why would MJ take on a SF? Why? :confusedshrug:

Calabis
04-02-2013, 11:21 AM

You sir are a moron and have no clue what you are talking about

97 bulls
04-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Why would MJ take on a SF? Why? :confusedshrug:
Because Pippen had 5 fouls on him. And it was a game that was going into OT. Or I should say in this circumstance.

andgar923
04-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Pip has always been overrated as a one on one defender. He gets called 'Lock down" defender and as it has been proven, he doesn't always take the best offensive player like myth has led many to believe.

Pip doesn't just have a problem against athletic players, he has tons of issues vs strong players as well.

Pip is best as a help defender or putting pressure on passing lanes, specially on smaller players.

But a lock down defender that always takes the hardest cover is a myth.

97 bulls
04-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Pip has always been overrated as a one on one defender. He gets called 'Lock down" defender and as it has been proven, he doesn't always take the best offensive player like myth has led many to believe.

Pip doesn't just have a problem against athletic players, he has tons of issues vs strong players as well.

Pip is best as a help defender or putting pressure on passing lanes, specially on smaller players.

But a lock down defender that always takes the hardest cover is a myth.
And you base this on one video clip? I dont see why people continie to say Hill was a problem for Pippen. Hill avg 21 pts on 49% shooting. Thats good but hardly legendary. I mean, prime Pippen avg 22 ppg and you feel he couldn't score. Whats more, is the Bulls record vs the Pistins during that span was 14-2. And most of thise games were blowouts. Most of Hills pts came with the game well in hand.

andgar923
04-02-2013, 01:54 PM
And you base this on one video clip? I dont see why people continie to say Hill was a problem for Pippen. Hill avg 21 pts on 49% shooting. Thats good but hardly legendary. I mean, prime Pippen avg 22 ppg and you feel he couldn't score. Whats more, is the Bulls record vs the Pistins during that span was 14-2. And most of thise games were blowouts. Most of Hills pts came with the game well in hand.

I base this on years of watching Pip play. Not basing this solely vs Hill, but other players as well.

Pip isn't the great one on one stopper people make him out to be.

97 bulls
04-02-2013, 02:00 PM
I base this on years of watching Pip play. Not basing this solely vs Hill, but other players as well.

Pip isn't the great one on one stopper people make him out to be.
But you didnt even watch the Bulls. You watched Michael Jordan.

Youre obviously entitled to your opinion. I think its based on an agenda

andgar923
04-02-2013, 02:10 PM
But you didnt even watch the Bulls. You watched Michael Jordan.

Youre obviously entitled to your opinion. I think its based on an agenda
Yeah, that's exactly it.:rolleyes:

Keep believing telling that to yourself :oldlol: