PDA

View Full Version : Miami was lucky they met a team with equally weak frontcourt last finals...

Derivative
11-15-2012, 04:58 AM
I've been saying this since the start of the Miami Heat, their frontcourt is too weak to be a dynasty. You don't win a championship with a 6'8 perimeter player being your PF and a 6'10 soft PF being the center.

Miami Heat was extremely lucky to have faced the Thunder in the finals, who have a equally offensively challenged frontcourt, which could not expose just how bad the miami frontcourt is defensively. We could see its weakness through their hard series going past the Pacers and Celtics.

I am a Lebron fan, and I just hope they don't meet the Lakers in the finals, because they will be raped hard in the ass and creampied by the laker front court, and lebron will get unnecessary blame for what's an inherent problem with the roster.

If its possible, I would even trade Wade + Bosh for Dwight Howard.

Chalmers/Norris Cole
Ray Allen/James Jones or whatever
Lebron James
Rashard Lewis/Haslem
Dwight Howard/Joel Anthony

Championship

Pushxx
11-15-2012, 05:03 AM
I've been saying this since the start of the Miami Heat, their frontcourt is too weak to be a dynasty. You don't win a championship with a 6'8 perimeter player being your PF and a 6'10 soft PF being the center.

Miami Heat was extremely lucky to have faced the Thunder in the finals, who have a equally offensively challenged frontcourt, which could not expose just how bad the miami frontcourt is defensively. We could see its weakness through their hard series going past the Pacers and Celtics.

I am a Lebron fan, and I just hope they don't meet the Lakers in the finals, because they will be raped hard in the ass and creampied by the laker front court, and lebron will get unnecessary blame for what's an inherent problem with the roster.

In today's NBA Chris Bosh is an elite center and LeBron plays a whole bunch of PF, making their frontcourt formidable.

Actually so far this season Bosh has been the third best center in the NBA despite the stinker he threw up against the Clippers.

Derivative
11-15-2012, 05:05 AM
In today's NBA Chris Bosh is an elite center and LeBron plays a whole bunch of PF, making their frontcourt formidable.

Actually so far this season Bosh has been the third best center in the NBA despite the stinker he threw up against the Clippers.

just because most of other team's frontcourt is equally shitty, does not justify miami's bad frontcourt. becaus what matters is the finals, and in the finals miami will be exposed by Gasol/Howard or Griffin/Jordan

KDthunderup
11-15-2012, 05:06 AM
We need to **** off Perkins and try to get Varejao. Ibaka and Collsion are our only decent front court players.

Pushxx
11-15-2012, 05:08 AM
just because most of other team's frontcourt is equally shitty, does not justify miami's bad frontcourt. becaus what matters is the finals, and in the finals miami will be exposed by Gasol/Howard or Griffin/Jordan

Dwight Howard is the only player in that bunch that would give the Heat trouble, and it's not like there's a second Dwight Howard for hire somewhere.

Your trade proposal is funny, though.

red1
11-15-2012, 05:12 AM
They would have beat every western conference team last year except possibly the grizz, okc actually gave them a run for their money despite what the 4-1 record shows. This year will be different though, there are a couple teams that would make this a great series.

Doranku
11-15-2012, 05:16 AM
:roll: You think the Lakers want that broke ass n!gga Wade and another soft PF?

Well shit, if that's how trades go these days, maybe the Heat should trade Bron for current Pippen and an extra box of tissues.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2012, 05:19 AM
if this wAs a finals game im pretty sure they'd put lebron on blake and battier on butler.

Derivative
11-15-2012, 05:28 AM
if this wAs a finals game im pretty sure they'd put lebron on blake and battier on butler.

99% chance they face the lakers in the finals

lebron can guard gasol, but bosh on howard? lol

bluechox2
11-15-2012, 05:28 AM
miami is gonna get battered by big teams

KDthunderup
11-15-2012, 05:30 AM
Memphis would give Miami fits, the hardest part for them would be making it out of the West though

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2012, 05:33 AM

bosh + help i guess. no one in the league can guard Howard 1-on-1 anyways.

red1
11-15-2012, 05:33 AM

oh man. thats an automatic double team/open shot for a shooter if the lakers can get him the damn ball. single coverage? dwight would have the best series of his life

Derivative
11-15-2012, 05:41 AM
oh man. thats an automatic double team/open shot for a shooter if the lakers can get him the damn ball. single coverage? dwight would have the best series of his life

and the lakers have some of the best 3 point shooters in he league in nash and kobe, artest is good too

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2012, 05:43 AM
and the lakers have some of the best 3 point shooters in he league in nash and kobe, artest is good too
:wtf:

Derivative
11-15-2012, 05:45 AM
:wtf:

he's a career 34% 3 point shooter, that's higher than kobe

RoundMoundOfReb
11-15-2012, 05:46 AM
he's a career 34% 3 point shooter, that's higher than kobe
he hasn't been any good in the last 2 years. bellow average for a 3.

G-Funk
11-15-2012, 05:49 AM

:roll: Bron can't defend Gasol with the ball in his hands.

NumberSix
11-15-2012, 06:59 AM
I like tacos

Blue&Orange
11-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Heat were lucky they didn't face a healthy team in the east and faced the youngest team ever in the finals. Plus being carried by the refs and getting all the calls, they aren't called miami cheaters for no reason.

LEFT4DEAD
11-15-2012, 07:05 AM
this thread is funny :lol

All Net
11-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Surprise surprise

Trolls overreacting to regular season wins.. News flash this is not a series. Only true player to take advantage of miami's frontcourt is Dwight. Miami's strengths out do their weaknesses

poido123
11-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Heat were lucky they didn't face a healthy team in the east and faced the youngest team ever in the finals. Plus being carried by the refs and getting all the calls, they aren't called miami cheaters for no reason.

Very lucky not to have gone through a healthy bulls team last year too. The Heat had a dream run, only small bump getting over Indiana, but they were always gonna win that series.

If the Heat were in the West, they would have to get through teams with height to get in the finals. Teams like Lakers, Clippers, Grizzlies would all be matchup problems. However, New York is looking more formidable this year and have the talent to match the Heat, and Boston could acquire Josh Smith in a trade and suddenly they are favourites.

asdf1990
11-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Very lucky not to have gone through a healthy bulls team last year too. The Heat had a dream run, only small bump getting over Indiana, but they were always gonna win that series.

If the Heat were in the West, they would have to get through teams with height to get in the finals. Teams like Lakers, Clippers, Grizzlies would all be matchup problems. However, New York is looking more formidable this year and have the talent to match the Heat, and Boston could acquire Josh Smith in a trade and suddenly they are favourites.

Dream run are you serious? Did you forget bosh got injured for most of the second and third round? Series=/= 1 game in the regular season

poido123
11-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Dream run are you serious? Did you forget bosh got injured for most of the second and third round? Series=/= 1 game in the regular season

If they had stiffer competition, they were out of the finals. I forgot to mention Celtics, how could I forget...I think Celtics having key personnel playing injured or missing hurt them way more than the heat not having bosh for part of last year's series. Heat only JUST beat them, they are going to face either the lakers/clippers or grizzlies i think this year if they make the finals which i think they will struggle to beat. Plus they will likely have to play one or two of the bulls with rose, knicks or celtics.

livinglegend
11-15-2012, 08:39 AM
It starts again. :lol

tommy3
11-15-2012, 08:44 AM
You guys are forgetting how much trouble a small Miami lineup gives other teams.
Yes, Dwight would expose Bosh and have a great series offensively, but his defensive presence would be significantly diminished because he wouldn't be able to clog the lane with Bosh on the perimeter.
Miami's lack of a center is a true disadvantage, but let's not act like it has nothing good in it.

bingoa
11-15-2012, 08:46 AM
:roll: Bron can't defend Gasol with the ball in his hands.
it's like the olympics never happened..... Gasol was scoring over triple teams vs the USA :lol

asdf1990
11-15-2012, 08:58 AM
If they had stiffer competition, they were out of the finals. I forgot to mention Celtics, how could I forget...I think Celtics having key personnel playing injured or missing hurt them way more than the heat not having bosh for part of last year's series. Heat only JUST beat them, they are going to face either the lakers/clippers or grizzlies i think this year if they make the finals which i think they will struggle to beat. Plus they will likely have to play one or two of the bulls with rose, knicks or celtics.

no injuries on the celtics was equivalent to wade playing injured and bosh missing part of the series

All Net
11-15-2012, 09:08 AM

You can't be serious?

arifgokcen
11-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Kobe and Metta and good three point shooting.Dude you must be dreaming.Lakers has always been criticized because of their inability to space the floor with 3 point shooters

poido123
11-15-2012, 10:28 AM
You can't be serious?

Yeah I'm serious...

A hobbled Ray Allen, no Avery Bradley, no Jeff Green. You could say that is a significant deficit right there. Green and Bradley are by no means supoerstars, but all key role players who would of been very important in taking down the Heat in that 7 game series. A hobbled ray Allen worked against the Celtics, he couldnt stay in front of anyone and he clearly couldnt shoot the same.

swi7ch
11-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Wade needs to go.

francesco totti
11-15-2012, 10:32 AM
your basing this on recent games, but you forget last year in regular season OKC also blew the heat like memphis/clippers did this week.
And you know what happened in the finals.

poido123
11-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Kobe and Metta and good three point shooting.Dude you must be dreaming.Lakers has always been criticized because of their inability to space the floor with 3 point shooters

Metta going into Hall of Fame along with Miller and Ray Ray don't you know? :lol

Kobe shooting 32% and 30% last two years...Ironic how i hear rom some idiots how Kobe is better at 3 point shooting than MJ was, just ridiculous :lol

Rysio
11-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Kobe shooting 32% and 30% last two years...Ironic how i hear rom some idiots how Kobe is better at 3 point shooting than MJ was, just ridiculous :lol
he is/was. jordan never took a contested 3 in his life yet still shot in low 30s.

STATUTORY
11-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Miami Heat is done, at least the big 3 era is done. Wade is a shell of his former self. They had a short prime together as a unit, won't get past the knicks, memphis, clips, or lakers this year

if Wade retires and they can get someone to fill his role they might be able to retool for in a year or 2

guy
11-15-2012, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't say they're lucky cause that would indicate there were a significant number of elite frontcourts last year, and there were probably only like 2 in the Lakers and Grizzlies.

However, I do think this idea that "position-less" basketball is a good idea is flawed. I could easily see them get dominated by an elite front court.

Bigsmoke
11-15-2012, 11:34 AM
The Lakers last year weren't going to beat the Heat. :lol

lets be for real about that.

they can barely beat the Nuggets.

sometimes its just about being better than fits and matchups.

guy
11-15-2012, 11:53 AM
By the way, if the Heat are on the decline cause of Wade, and if the Lakers don't work out and Howard wants to leave, a Wade+Bosh for Howard trade really would make some sense at the end of the year.

Bigsmoke
11-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Yeah I'm serious...

A hobbled Ray Allen, no Avery Bradley, no Jeff Green. You could say that is a significant deficit right there. Green and Bradley are by no means supoerstars, but all key role players who would of been very important in taking down the Heat in that 7 game series. A hobbled ray Allen worked against the Celtics, he couldnt stay in front of anyone and he clearly couldnt shoot the same.

Wade was playing hurt as well.

you're gotta be retarded to think Bradley, Allen and Green equals to Wade and Bosh.

The Heat won because they were the better team.

PJR
11-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Bookmarked for May/June when Miami gets "lucky" again en route to a repeat.

Clutch
11-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Lakers can't do anything against Miami.
Heat are just way too athletic,they would run them out of building. Pau playing like a p*ssy and having D'Antoni as a coach also doesn't help.

eliteballer
11-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Lakers can't do anything against Miami.
Heat are just way too athletic,they would run them out of building. Pau playing like a p*ssy and having D'Antoni as a coach also doesn't help.

LOL..........they have 2 athletic players on the whole roster. Who the hell are guys like Battier, Miller, Haslem going to run off the floor?

Bandito
11-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Dude the Heat from last year maybe would have a hard time this year against teams like the new look Lakers but people keep forgetting that they also got better in getting Rashard and HOF Ray Allen the best shooter in the NBA. Trust me don't measure the Heat by last year run, they are better.

cavsfanatic
11-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Give us that lottery pick from toronto and something else and we'll glady give you Varajeo lol.

Derivative
11-15-2012, 02:44 PM

You think thats going to be a problem when dantoni becomes coach?

2swift4u
11-15-2012, 03:07 PM
I 've said it before and I say it again: Miami hasn't really improved over the offseason. Sure Allen is a great addition but Miami didn't need more shooters like Allen and Lewis. What they need is someone to protect the rim and a point guard who can defend elite pointguards. Sure once the playoffs start they will play better defense but until then they will get beaten many times.

ihoopallday
11-15-2012, 04:19 PM
If OKC has a weak frontline, how did they beat the Spurs and Lakers last year?

AlexanderRight
11-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Lakers they were just better than. OKC beat the Spurs because their role players stepped up and provided deep scoring from everywhere when the Spurs' didn't. Not because of their front court. They also got their whistles too. :rolleyes:

Bigsmoke
11-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Lakers they were just better than. OKC beat the Spurs because their role players stepped up and provided deep scoring from everywhere when the Spurs' didn't. Not because of their front court. They also got their whistles too. :rolleyes:

ok...

and the Heat but the Thunder. :confusedshrug:

if the Thunder can beat those teams with bigs then why couldn't the Heat can?

hell.. the Heat already took out the Knicks which had Amare and Chandler

AlexanderRight
11-15-2012, 04:45 PM
ok...

and the Heat but the Thunder. :confusedshrug:

if the Thunder can beat those teams with bigs then why couldn't the Heat can?

hell.. the Heat already took out the Knicks which had Amare and Chandler
Because the Celtics are a better team than last year, The Clippers are a better team than last year, The Grizzlies are a better team than last year, The Knicks are a helluva better team than last year, the Spurs (contrary to popular belief) are still an elite team, and the Lakers (should) be a better team than last year. If the Heat are going to win again their road is not going to be as easy and with Wade's serious decline and the ass kicking they got from those very teams (Memphis, New York, and Clips) one can easily see how a repeat is far from happening.

InfiniteBaskets
11-15-2012, 04:50 PM
The Heat are also a better team they were last year. With the addition of Ray Allen they've added another reliable scorer who's been shooting the 3 ball better than Mike Miller, Shane Battier, and James Jones could ever dream of doing.

Right now the Heat will lose to teams like Clippers / Grizz in the regular season due to lack of size. But if the playoffs were to start LeBron will start playing the 4 more often instead of Battier just like last season.

And it's only been a few games into the season. If we're making judgments by current standings then we should crown the Knicks champions over the Spurs right now.

Y2Gezee
11-15-2012, 04:52 PM

They don't have a weak frontline, but that's the type of frontline that the Heat's lineup really effects because neither big has an offensive post game. Ibaka stays important because of his shot blocking, but neither are great rebounders either. Then you take them away from the basket on the other end, as even Bosh can stretch the floor.

As Deandre Jordan improves, the Clippers/Lakers/Grizzlies/Bulls/Knicks (eventually) have the types of size that can give the Heat trouble.

icewill36
11-15-2012, 04:54 PM
the heat will be fine because all the big frontlines are in the west... and only one can make it. but theres no guarantee any will make it passed OKC or SA anyway... so miami may get a smaller frontline once again.

knicks are the only team in the east with a chance to beat miami

rmt
11-15-2012, 04:56 PM
OKC's frontline is a defensive one - not offensive like LAL (especially with Bynum) and MEM. MIA would have problems guarding LAL and MEM's big men. Bosh alone ain't gonna cut it against them. OKC's main scoring comes from the perimeter where MIA's defense is strong - big difference. Too bad MEM probably won't be getting to the Finals. The jury's still out on LAL.

Micku
11-15-2012, 05:17 PM
They beat the Pacers, whose frontline was very solid last year. A decent big would help them with their D, but they could still take on anybody in the West last year.

This year, their defense isn't up to par. But it's early, so we'll see how things end up.

Money 23
11-15-2012, 06:40 PM
he is/was. jordan never took a contested 3 in his life yet still shot in low 30s.
Because who is dumb enough to shoot contested threes? Lmao dumb ass

MJ and Kobe will wind up having identical three point shooting percentages .... So what's the difference however miniscule in ability?

MJ was the superior scorer because he could get to the basket and had wet jumper. Kobe is statistically 4 ppg inferior scorer to MJ when comparing prime to prime and they both shoot roughly same free throw percentage.

To act as if MJ was vastly inferior as a three point shooter is remedial. He shot it at very good percentages for a few seasons. But he looked for smarter shots. Kobe slight advantage from distance is negligible because percentage wise he is the same as Mike because he takes too many of them.

pauk
11-15-2012, 06:52 PM
That "equally" weak front court murdured all those best frontcourts in the West last year to get to the Finals....

poido123
11-15-2012, 07:54 PM
the heat will be fine because all the big frontlines are in the west... and only one can make it. but theres no guarantee any will make it passed OKC or SA anyway... so miami may get a smaller frontline once again.

knicks are the only team in the east with a chance to beat miami

Boston and the bulls can give them a run. Rose should be up and going by the finals, Miami wont have such a cushy time this year in the finals.

bagelred
11-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Give us that lottery pick from toronto and something else and we'll glady give you Varajeo lol.

I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a Varejao today.

longtime lurker
11-15-2012, 09:31 PM

If its possible, I would even trade Wade + Bosh for Dwight Howard.

Chalmers/Norris Cole
Ray Allen/James Jones or whatever
Lebron James
Rashard Lewis/Haslem
Dwight Howard/Joel Anthony

Championship

ROFL. Two weeks into the season and the Lebron stans are already in full damage control :roll: :roll: :roll:

I wouldn't say Heat are lucky, but they've been very fortunate to play in the East. Playing the Pacers without Chris Bosh is a hell of a lot different than playing OKC Lakers or Clippers without Bosh.