PDA

View Full Version : Wade Fan here: Dont Put wade in same breath as Kobe anymore.

I.R.Beast
11-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Wade is my favorite player(not anymore at least), and i am extremely disappointed with his lack of transition in his game to accommodate his age. These moves he's trying to pull off are to quick for him now. You can't be trying to killer cross guys anymore. At your age and mileage you need to get a jumper, a post game, and transition your dribble game to that of a methodical variety, which is taking advantage of gaps in the defense and surgically working your way to the rim. He's a bum until he makes the transition and he will limp into the playoffs yet again until he does(assuming he doesn't get seriously hurt).

swag2011
11-15-2012, 12:40 PM
he should've never been in the same breath anyway

LEFT4DEAD
11-15-2012, 12:41 PM
I cant wait till January or February when he starts beasting and Kobe starts falling off as usual. Lot of threads will be bumped.

AlphaWolf24
11-15-2012, 12:54 PM
He never was...:confusedshrug:

Jolokia
11-15-2012, 12:56 PM
He's just too damn lazy, but I still trust the dude come playoff time.

kennethgriffin
11-15-2012, 01:00 PM
"KOBE!........." ( coughz )

"....................... waaaaaaaaade"

did i do it rightz?

scm5
11-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Kobe fan chiming in.

Everyone is overreacting to Wade's slow start.

His athleticism is clearly still there, I've watched games. He's easily one of the most athletic players in the league still. He's hurting, and he's always been pretty injury prone. Give him time to recover and you'll see. He'll be back to his old self.

Rysio
11-15-2012, 01:09 PM
He never was...:confusedshrug:
/thread

asdf1990
11-15-2012, 01:12 PM
On top of being shitty he constantly makes boneheaded plays in the second half to kill any momentum the heat have

guy
11-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Kinda sad that Lebron kinda messed up Wade's legacy by wasting Wade's opportunity at getting another Finals MVP in 2011 which was clearly the last year of his prime. He still wouldn't be in Kobe's league, but his legacy is probably significantly enhanced if his performance that year led to a championship and Finals MVP.

guy
11-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Kobe fan chiming in.

Everyone is overreacting to Wade's slow start.

His athleticism is clearly still there, I've watched games. He's easily one of the most athletic players in the league still. He's hurting, and he's always been pretty injury prone. Give him time to recover and you'll see. He'll be back to his old self.

Overreacting? Slow start? Give him time to recover? This has been the story for much of Wade's career. We've been hearing the same stuff alot for him, especially over the last year. He's on the decline. Its clear.

I was listening to the B.S. report the other day with Bill Simmons and Steve Kerr and they made a good point about Paul Pierce and Manu Ginobili and how they can both have a vintage game here and there like in their prime, but they usually won't, and their worst games can be REALLY BAD. Dwyane Wade seems like he's in the same boat.

kennethgriffin
11-15-2012, 01:26 PM
in a decade. wade only has 2 first team all nba's and 0 defensive first teams

which means hes basically on the level of a tracy mcgrady or anfernee hardaway all time

since nobody counts that 06 title*

Chrono90
11-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Wade might not even be the second best SG in the league. Maybe Harden has him beat out too.

scm5
11-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Overreacting? Slow start? Give him time to recover? This has been the story for much of Wade's career. We've been hearing the same stuff alot for him, especially over the last year. He's on the decline. Its clear.

I was listening to the B.S. report the other day with Bill Simmons and Steve Kerr and they made a good point about Paul Pierce and Manu Ginobili and how they can both have a vintage game here and there like in their prime, but they usually won't, and their worst games can be REALLY BAD. Dwyane Wade seems like he's in the same boat.

Wade clearly won't have a transition out of his prime like Kobe, but what I'm saying is that he's not out of his prime yet.

He's clearly one of the most athletic players in the league still, but he's hurting. I did mention that he has been rather injury prone through his career, but he actually hasn't missed many games from those injuries. In the past 4 seasons, he's only missed 32 games total.

I can't believe I'm the one defending Wade now...

red1
11-15-2012, 01:35 PM
smh am I the only person who's memory goes past 3 months? this is some goldfish type ish we got goin on here

STATUTORY
11-15-2012, 01:39 PM
smh am I the only person who's memory goes past 3 months? this is some goldfish type ish we got goin on here
I'm wade's biggest fan but he's been living on reputation and whistle for far longer than 3 months now

red1
11-15-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm wade's biggest fan but he's been living on reputation and whistle for far longer than 3 months now
You are letting insidehoops influence you. Guarantee if you never posted here you wouldn't be overreacting like this

Crown&Coke
11-15-2012, 01:43 PM
hold up, hold up...

Im a Kobe guy in this debate all day. But Wade has the best post game of any 2 guard in the game not named Kobe. And his mid-range game is better than 90% of the league

Has Wade suddenly fallen off a cliff the first 5-6 games of the year or something?

Bledsoe got him at the top of his jump last game, but Eric B has done that to plenty of folks, and Wade had a bad foot. Still that shit was nasty and beautiful at the same time

AlphaWolf24
11-15-2012, 02:16 PM
real Talk....

he prolly is just having a slow start......he prolly will be beasting again in the Post season...

a little too early to hang em out .....

I hope he can get going.....real basketball fans love to watch Wade play.....and love to yell at the screen when he Flail's and yell's at the ref for 5 minutes:lol

guy
11-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Wade clearly won't have a transition out of his prime like Kobe, but what I'm saying is that he's not out of his prime yet.

He's clearly one of the most athletic players in the league still, but he's hurting. I did mention that he has been rather injury prone through his career, but he actually hasn't missed many games from those injuries. In the past 4 seasons, he's only missed 32 games total.

I can't believe I'm the one defending Wade now...

Umm, he's clearly out of his prime. He's clearly been a step below this year and last year then he was from 2009-2011. He was regularly able to put up 30 point double doubles back then on the regular. Now, a 6 point game is more likely then that.

Injuries are part of a decline.

scm5
11-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Umm, he's clearly out of his prime. He's clearly been a step below this year and last year then he was from 2009-2011. He was regularly able to put up 30 point double doubles back then on the regular. Now, a 6 point game is more likely then that.

Injuries are part of a decline.

6 points in a game that he was thinking about sitting out of....

He was hurting enough to consider not playing in that game.... and in retrospect, he probably should have just sat out.

DuMa
11-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Jeez. some fans you are. quitting on the guy 2 weeks into the season. :facepalm
He will rebound. he always does after a slow start.

Derka
11-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Pretty sure I've never made that mistake.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-15-2012, 02:26 PM
he needs to get lighter. he bulked up to protect himself from driving to the hoop. now he needs to get lean, and up his mental and fundamental game. his athleticism is diminishing quickly

swi7ch
11-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Wade isn't even the Heat's 2nd-most important player anymore.

swi7ch
11-15-2012, 02:29 PM
he needs to get lighter. he bulked up to protect himself from driving to the hoop. now he needs to get lean, and up his mental and fundamental game. his athleticism is diminishing quickly
Exactly.

He's still playing like he is his former 23-year old injury-free self. He should spend 10 hours everyday shoooting nothing but mid-range jumpers. His game needs to evolve. Jordan is a great example of this. He developed a fadeaway jumper because he knew he couldn't just rely on his athleticism forever. Wade isn't doing any of this because he's relying on LBJ and Bosh to pull his weight. He's just tagging along for the championship ride.

KG215
11-15-2012, 02:39 PM
in a decade. wade only has 2 first team all nba's and 0 defensive first teams

which means hes basically on the level of a tracy mcgrady or anfernee hardaway all time

since nobody counts that 06 title*
You really are pathetic.

guy
11-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Exactly.

He's still playing like he is his former 23-year old injury-free self. He should spend 10 hours everyday shoooting nothing but mid-range jumpers. His game needs to evolve. Jordan is a great example of this. He developed a fadeaway jumper because he knew he couldn't just rely on his athleticism forever. Wade isn't doing any of this because he's relying on LBJ and Bosh to pull his weight. He's just tagging along for the championship ride.

Jordan always had a lethal mid-range jumper and postgame. He was never anywhere near as reliant on his athleticism as Wade is.

RRR3
11-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Kinda sad that Lebron kinda messed up Wade's legacy by wasting Wade's opportunity at getting another Finals MVP in 2011 which was clearly the last year of his prime. He still wouldn't be in Kobe's league, but his legacy is probably significantly enhanced if his performance that year led to a championship and Finals MVP.
Meh, LeBron carried Wade's corpse in the ECF, so they're even.

kobeef24
11-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Great sample size guys. Wade is definitely done and expect to see the Knicks in the finals.

Punpun
11-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Wade needs to lose weigth if he wants to regain a bit of athleticism.

Punpun
11-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Great sample size guys. Wade is definitely done and expect to see the Knicks in the finals.

Nope. Lebron is way too good for that to happen.

guy
11-15-2012, 03:13 PM
6 points in a game that he was thinking about sitting out of....

He was hurting enough to consider not playing in that game.... and in retrospect, he probably should have just sat out.

This isn't just 1 game though. Like I said, a 6 point game from him nowadays is less surprising then a 30+/10+ game he'd sometimes have back in his best days.

guy
11-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Meh, LeBron carried Wade's corpse in the ECF, so they're even.

No they're not. There's a difference between a team's leader just sucking and a team's leader sucking while being timid, passive, and looking like he quit.

RRR3
11-15-2012, 03:19 PM
No they're not. There's a difference between a team's leader just sucking and a team's leader sucking while being timid, passive, and looking like you quit.
LeBron carried Wade, Wade couldn't carry LeBron :confusedshrug:
Bottom line is they both played like horseshit, don't really care what their "facial expressions looked like" while doing so.

guy
11-15-2012, 03:28 PM
LeBron carried Wade, Wade couldn't carry LeBron :confusedshrug:
Bottom line is they both played like horseshit, don't really care what their "facial expressions looked like" while doing so.

Its not about his facial expression. Wade was still aggressive opening his teammates up and making the defense worry about him in the process, and playing like he gave a damn not giving his teammates any reason to play less inspired or question his leadership. His teammates never had to wait for him to start playing his normal game, which has an effect on how they play as a team as a whole. Completely different from the Finals where they basically had to wait for Lebron to wake up half the time. There's literally no way to expect a team to win a series like that when someone as vital to the team like Wade or Lebron plays like they wish they weren't there.

RRR3
11-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Its not about his facial expression. Wade was still aggressive opening his teammates up and making the defense worry about him in the process, and playing like he gave a damn not giving his teammates any reason to play less inspired or question his leadership. His teammates never had to wait for him to start playing his normal game, which has an effect on how they play as a team as a whole. Completely different from the Finals where they basically had to wait for Lebron to wake up half the time. There's literally no way to expect a team to win a series like that when someone as vital to the team like Wade or Lebron plays like they wish they weren't there.
The point is that they wouldn't have got to the finals with out LBJ.

guy
11-15-2012, 03:40 PM
The point is that they wouldn't have got to the finals with out LBJ.

Okay. And my point is there's no comparison. I wouldn't put that blame on Lebron if all he had was a bad series. Cause there's a good chance if its just a bad series and nothing else, they still win that series. If not, and they lose anyway, I'd say the same thing you are saying.

RRR3
11-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Okay. And my point is there's no comparison. I wouldn't put that blame on Lebron if all he had was a bad series. Cause there's a good chance if its just a bad series and nothing else, they still win that series. If not, and they lose anyway, I'd say the same thing you are saying.
I'm just saying, don't act like Wade was perfect the whole playoffs and then was let down by LeBron, because Wade had a stinker too. Wade got injured during the finals anyways and they could have won that series even with LeBron playing Evan Turner tbqh

For example, it took Spo until game 6 to realize Mario Chalmers was 10x better than Mike Bibby :facepalm

guy
11-15-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm just saying, don't act like Wade was perfect the whole playoffs and then was let down by LeBron, because Wade had a stinker too. Wade got injured during the finals anyways and they could have won that series even with LeBron playing Evan Turner tbqh

For example, it took Spo until game 6 to realize Mario Chalmers was 10x better than Mike Bibby :facepalm

When did I say he was perfect? I'd feel let down by Lebron if I was Wade or anybody else on the Heat in those Finals, not cause he sucked but cause he was passive and didn't seem to try as hard. I wouldn't feel let down by Wade if I was Lebron or anybody on the Heat in the ECF cause although he sucked, I had no reason to question his effort.

Chalmers played 29 mpg and Bibby played 17 mpg. Sure he should've played more but thats hardly a good enough reason for Lebron to play like the monstars just stole his powers.

RRR3
11-15-2012, 03:51 PM
When did I say he was perfect? I'd feel let down by Lebron if I was Wade or anybody else on the Heat in those Finals, not cause he sucked but cause he was passive and didn't seem to try as hard. I wouldn't feel let down by Wade if I was Lebron or anybody on the Heat in the ECF cause although he sucked, I had no reason to question his effort.

Chalmers played 29 mpg and Bibby played 17 mpg. Sure he should've played more but thats hardly a good enough reason for Lebron to play like the monstars just stole his powers.
There is no good reason for LeBron to play like he did, I wasn't excusing it, I said I thought the Heat could have won in spite of LeBron anyways (although LBJ was good in game 1).

pegasus
11-15-2012, 03:54 PM
No they're not. There's a difference between a team's leader just sucking and a team's leader sucking while being timid, passive, and looking like he sabotaged.
Fixed.

Mr. Jabbar
11-15-2012, 04:02 PM

ISH has always been very goldfish-esque, why you surprised? :confusedshrug:

Two weeks ago Harden was top 7 GOAT.

RRR3
11-15-2012, 04:03 PM
ISH has always been very goldfish-esque, why you surprised? :confusedshrug:

Two weeks ago Harden was top 7 GOAT.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fbm-Ht2wBNc/TZG5z18VnII/AAAAAAAAH-Q/B9ub9-JuF_8/s1600/goldfish.jpg
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/78429104-computer-keyboard-underwater-with-goldfish-photos-com.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=82EB172C4407816C0C798BDEE5C53C05BCCCE97AE16219F4 1FBDB264450206C0E30A760B0D811297

hawke812
11-15-2012, 04:32 PM
real Talk....

he prolly is just having a slow start......he prolly will be beasting again in the Post season...

a little too early to hang em out .....

I hope he can get going.....real basketball fans love to watch Wade play.....and love to yell at the screen when he Flail's and yell's at the ref for 5 minutes:lol

Oh snap. A highlight reel of Wade yelling at refs after no calls:roll: :roll: :roll:

I.R.Beast
11-15-2012, 04:36 PM
this.....he really does....if he leans out he can regain some quicks to still do some of those move he used to do.

che guevara
11-15-2012, 04:55 PM

Yep. I got hate a couple days ago for saying Wade's on a clear and sharp decline, but after last night that seems to be the consensus (amazing how one game can change people's opinions so much). I said he looks like he's at the '96 Barkley stage, but right now even that might be too generous to Wade.

Oh, and btw, the "Wade heats up after the AS break" thing is a myth. Career numbers:

Pre: 25.1 ppg, 5.1 rebounds, 6.3 assists, 48.2 FG%

The only two seasons of his career where he turned it up after the AS break were '09 and '10, and in '10 a big reason for that is because he showed up to training camp out of shape and played himself into shape during the first few months.

Heavincent
11-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Oh, and btw, the "Wade heats up after the AS break" thing is a myth. Career numbers:

The only two seasons of his career where he turned it up after the AS break were '09 and '10, and in '10 a big reason for that is because he showed up to training camp out of shape and played himself into shape during the first few months.

The thing about Kobe always starting off hot and then falling off is also a myth. Through 8 games last year, Kobe was shooting 43%.

guy
11-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Yep. I got hate a couple days ago for saying Wade's on a clear and sharp decline, but after last night that seems to be the consensus (amazing how one game can change people's opinions so much). I said he looks like he's at the '96 Barkley stage, but right now even that might be too generous to Wade.

I'm thinking he might be at the '08 T-Mac stage, who was still a really good player but not close to his prime, then played horrible in '09 until he needed
season ending surgery, then came back in '10 and played 3 straight seasons as a scrub and is now overseas. Sad but true. Its amazing how people think he's still in his prime. Its not even necessarily fans of the dude. I think NBA fans in general don't like to admit when a great player is on a significant decline even if they don't like the player because the league itself is always better the more star players.

BlueandGold
11-15-2012, 05:19 PM

I never knew that but if that's true the comparisons should stop right there.. I always thought Wade was close to or equal to great work ethics such as Kobe, Duncan or Garnett but with a larger sample size of his career it seems like he did rely a lot on his athleticism (which was/is stll incredible) vs work day and night at his game like Kobe.. who Robert Horry said could learn any move overnight (probably an exaggeration, most likely meant a week after working on it 24/7).

There was a comparison around 06 when Wade won his 1st FMVP so early while Kobe was on a losing team without Shaq but even after Kobe won his first MVP and then FMVP the comparisons stopped there

Kobe's work ethic alone puts him in a class far above most players who have ever played this game.

guy
11-15-2012, 05:30 PM
I never knew that but if that's true the comparisons should stop right there.. I always thought Wade was close to or equal to great work ethics such as Kobe, Duncan or Garnett but with a larger sample size of his career it seems like he did rely a lot on his athleticism (which was/is stll incredible) vs work day and night at his game like Kobe.. who Robert Horry said could learn any move overnight (probably an exaggeration, most likely meant a week after working on it 24/7).

I remember Shaq saying during the '06 season they partied like every night, yet still won the title. There was also those stories a few years ago about all the parties Wade would have. Obviously I don't know, but from what I've read, I've gotten the impression that he lives the Miami lifestyle to the max. Can't say I blame him. But I imagine its probably not that easy to have that as great of a work ethic as those players if he lives like that.

Cali Syndicate
11-15-2012, 06:43 PM

I think it's too late where his skills and fundamentals are going to get significantly better. But yeah, losing some bulk will help in preventing those nagging injuries he always seem to be carrying around. Even A good 10pound drop should do him wonders.

The Iron Fist
11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Jeez. some fans you are. quitting on the guy 2 weeks into the season. :facepalm
He will rebound. he always does after a slow start.
For wades struggles "its just two weeks into the season "

For the Lakers struggles "the Lakers won't even make the playoffs"

G-Funk
11-15-2012, 09:47 PM
For wades struggles "its just two weeks into the season "

For the Lakers struggles "the Lakers won't even make the playoffs"
word:applause:

Day La Ghetto
11-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Wade played the first 4 games good,its these last 3 he's been horrible since he got injured in Houston. Didnt even play most of the 2nd half last night. Hell be fine, average around 23 on 50%. that's what they need from him, he was doing average before he got hurt.hell lbj is looking at a dip in 3 or 4 points probably, heat have to many scorers. If wade has 3 decent games he right back up to where he should be, I'm not worried.

KOBE143
11-15-2012, 11:49 PM
he's never been in the same breath anyway
fixed :rockon: