PDA

View Full Version : Knicks are a fluke and here is why

Blue&Orange
11-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Last year with Woodson, 18-6, second best record behind the spurs, best point differential, never 100% healthy, while on the toughest part of the schedule, when every expert had the Bucks making the playoffs over the Knicks because of that though schedule.

This year:

http://i.imgur.com/wTcn8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9hD93.jpg

3rd toughest schedule Fluke all over.

So far this season, the Knicks are ranked first in the NBA allowing just 87.5 points per game and are holding opponents to a league best 40.7% shooting from the field. No opponent has scored more than 40 second-half points against the Knicks and they have committed the fewest turnovers in the league.

Not impressed!

Knicks need to win both games against Memphis and Spurs to show they are not a fluke because it's not like even Miami would be lucky to win one of them... :facepalm

Clutch
11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Of course the Knicks are a fluke. 3 of their wins came at home and they played Miami (who let them win the game because of hurricane Sandy),Philly without Bynum,Mavs without Dirk and Marion and crappy Orlando team.

Also they have been shooting lights out which won't last and their defense isn't even good,it's more that their opponents are missing wide open shots.

Spurs and Grizzlies are going to destroy that shitty team. Knicks will be lucky to even get into the playoffs.

iDunk
11-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Goddammit , WE SUCK.

LockoutOver11
11-15-2012, 01:59 PM
dont cry when they let us down in the first round !!

DuMa
11-15-2012, 02:12 PM
not sure if this is knicks fans new way of supporting their team :wtf:

bagelred
11-15-2012, 02:13 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/3004nz5.png
http://i45.tinypic.com/5zpq8p.png

http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2013_ratings.html

Knicks are an Epic Fail and they always will be.

alwaysunny
11-15-2012, 02:17 PM
They could go 10-0 and my opinion of them wouldn't change a bit. Knicks are a good team, have been for couple of years, but I don't think they'll ever be great to be considered within the tier of the elites. They are 5-0. big deal. This isn't the NFL. There are 70+ more games to go. Will overreactions ever stop on message boards? "Knicks are the best, Heat are done" Come on you cannnot be serious with this crap.

I do fully expect them to reach 50 wins this year, so consider it a semi-fluke if you will.

airchibundo507
11-15-2012, 02:17 PM
carmelo is overrated, fat and doesn't play D
JR is a streak shooter and will come back down to Earth
felton will put on weight as the season progresses
amare will fvck up the chemistry irreparably
the knicks don't have any quality wins
5-0 means nothing despite ending last season 18-6 under woodson
melo will fall off the mvp radar... hard
the nyets are much better than the knicks and deron williams is much better than melo
melo lead the league in scoring? lmao
jr being CONSISTENT? gtfo

airchibundo507
11-15-2012, 02:18 PM
They could go 10-0 and my opinion of them wouldn't change a bit. Knicks are a good team, have been for couple of years, but I don't think they'll ever be great to be considered within the tier of the elites. They are 5-0. big deal. This isn't the NFL. There are 70+ more games to go. Will overreactions ever stop on message boards? "Knicks are the best, Heat are done" Come on you cannnot be serious with this crap.

I do fully expect them to reach 50 wins this year, so consider it a semi-fluke if you will.

50+ wins in the east ensures HCA advantage, which virtually ensures a second round appearance. that would exceed nearly everyone's preseason expectations. thus, it is far from likely to happen. :hammerhead:

Sarcastic
11-15-2012, 02:19 PM
not sure if this is knicks fans new way of supporting their team :wtf:

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/228629/agreed.gif

Y2Gezee
11-15-2012, 02:25 PM
As long as the Knicks continue to play defense like this, with a player like Melo and this type of smart guard play....you're not a fluke. Easily the best roster Carmelo has ever had around him, and they're in the East. The East is a legitimate conference now more so than its been since the 90s, but still not as deep as the West.

Not to mention their 2nd best and possibly 4th best player (and the future) hasn't played.

swi7ch
11-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Everything will change once Amare returns, don't worry.

Sarcastic
11-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Everything will change once Amare returns, don't worry.
Yup. Just like Felton is fat. Kidd is washed up and can't help. JR Smith will just chuck step back 22 footers. Rasheed is too old, as is Camby. Knicks will miss Lin and Fields. Just like all those.

Bigsmoke
11-15-2012, 02:45 PM
the Spurs arent no joke

should be a good game.

Clutch
11-15-2012, 02:54 PM
the Spurs arent no joke

should be a good game.
Shouldn't that mean they are a joke ? :lol
Just like the maths,double negative = positive.
Sorry if I'm wrong.

RRR3
11-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Knicks start off 5-0, and their fans get MORE insecure. Dafuq? :biggums:

Bigsmoke
11-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Shouldn't that mean they are a joke ? :lol
Just like the maths,double negative = positive.
Sorry if I'm wrong.

oh my bad

the Spurs arent no joke..NOT!

there... 3 negatives.

Clutch
11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Knicks start off 5-0, and their fans get MORE insecure. Dafuq? :biggums:
Of course we'll be insecure. They sucked for more than a decade,why do you think anything has changed ?
They started off 5-0,so what ? They played against teams without their best players (Philly without Bynum,Dallas without Dirk and Marion),it was obvious that Miami let them win and Orlando just sucks.
One of the reasons for their success is that they were hitting some heavily contested shots and their opponents were missing wide open ones.
Our defense is average at best,opponents inability to make shots made people think Knicks are actually a good defensive team.
Also their rebounding has been horrible.

All in all,their shooting will cool off,other teams will start making their wide open looks,Knicks will continue to get killed on the boards and Amare will ruin everything when he comes back.

They will make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed and get swept in the first round or possibly win a game or two,depends who'll they play against.

SilkkTheShocker
11-15-2012, 03:10 PM
No team NBA team with Melo as its best player can be considered a contender.

RRR3
11-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Of course we'll be insecure. They sucked for more than a decade,why do you think anything has changed ?
They started off 5-0,so what ? They played against teams without their best players (Philly without Bynum,Dallas without Dirk and Marion),it was obvious that Miami let the win and Orlando just sucks.
One of the reasons for their success is that they were hitting some heavily contested shots and their opponents were missing wide open ones.
Our defense is average at best,opponents inability to make shots made people think Knicks are actually a good defensive team.
Also their rebounding has been horrible.

All in all,their shooting will cool off,other teams will start making their wide open looks,Knicks will continue to get killed on the boards and Amare will ruin everything when he comes back.

They will make the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed and get swept in the first round or possibly win a game or two,depends who'll they play against.
Wait you honestly believe that? That won't sit well with other Knicks fans:lol

Clutch
11-15-2012, 03:14 PM
No team NBA team with Melo as its best player can be considered a contender.
I agree. Melo is a fat,low IQ chucker who doesn't play defense.

And his supporting cast isn't that great.
Felton is fat,Brewer can't hit a shot to save his life,J.R. makes stupid decisions,Tyson is turning into Jared Jeffries,Amare is always injured,Novak can't do anything except shoot threes,Prigioni is a 35 year-old rookie and Kidd,Camby,Kurt and Rasheed can be fathers to most of the NBA players.

alwaysunny
11-15-2012, 03:14 PM
oh my bad

the Spurs arent no joke..NOT!

there... 3 negatives.

:lol

Welcome to America Clutch

alwaysunny
11-15-2012, 03:15 PM
And stop with these lame sarcasms. They aren't creative and come across as being flat out corny.

ThatsGame
11-15-2012, 03:16 PM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if teams were actively losing to raise spirits and raise sales for the hurricane battered team/fans. Miami did, and it was pretty obvious.

Clutch
11-15-2012, 03:19 PM
It wouldn't surprise me at all if teams were actively losing to raise spirits and raise sales for the hurricane battered team/fans. Miami did, and it was pretty obvious.
I don't really know about Philly,they need wins. But Miami will eventually end up as the #1 seed and they know that,letting Knicks win a game costs them nothing.

Would anyone seriously believe that after going 1-7 against them last season the Knicks would beat Miami by 20 points in their first meeting ? Really ? :lol

Blue&Orange
11-15-2012, 03:24 PM
This isn't a shortened season, there's 82 games to be played, Knicks will win more than 50.

Sarcastic
11-15-2012, 04:20 PM

The Heat were also trying to help raise spirits in Memphis for MLK Jr getting shot, and raise spirits in LA for the earthquake in 1994.

PJR
11-15-2012, 04:21 PM
And stop with these lame sarcasms. They aren't creative and come across as being flat out corny.

/\

dgaras
11-15-2012, 04:33 PM
not being sarcastic

the knicks are going to tumble and fall. theyre going to plummet into oblivion sooner or later. mark my words. hahah if youre a knick fan and think otherwise then you havent been a knick fan for long enough.

NuggetsFan
11-15-2012, 04:34 PM
People thought Laker fans were bad? Wait and see what happens when NY actually becomes a good team. They've been crazy as the joke of the decade. If they actually become a successful team, ISH is doomed.

I for one encourage it. NY knocking out Miami in the 1st round, we'll guess not in the 1st round now because they most likely finish to high in the standings. Hopefully whenever they do meet, NY upsets them and mayhem ensues. Can already see the serves being slowed down, it'll be the wrath of a hundred Kobe Bryant game winners, with all the UMAD's and YOU JEALOUS. The ISH doomsday is apon us.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbst41FwC31qm8xob.gif

TheBigVeto
11-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Trying to reverse jinx will not work for the Knicks

blablabla
11-15-2012, 06:25 PM
82-0 bitch

asdf1990
11-15-2012, 06:29 PM
can't wait till the knicks go on their annual 6+ game losing streak, should start today.

Mr Know It All
11-15-2012, 06:35 PM

Felton is fat,Brewer can't hit a shot to save his life,J.R. makes stupid decisions,Tyson is turning into Jared Jeffries,Amare is always injured,Novak can't do anything except shoot threes,Prigioni is a 35 year-old rookie and Kidd,Camby,Kurt and Rasheed can be fathers to most of the NBA players.

I can honestly say this is one of the funniest opening sentences to a post I have ever read. I can't stop laughing.:roll:

R.I.P
11-15-2012, 10:39 PM

Knicks got disrespected all over the board and their fans are really angry about this. I can feel it, man. I can feel it!

Peteballa
11-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Lol, I may not like the Knicks but I love Knicks fans. Not trying to be sarcastic (no pun intended) - y'all always bring the lulz.

2010splash
11-15-2012, 11:03 PM
No amount of cherry-picking random sample sizes will justify the Knicks being nothing but an average ~.500 playoff team that got smoked in the first round back to back seasons.

Mike Woodson was also the head coach when they got destroyed by the Heat in 5 games, correct? It is all about putting the Knicks' early success into context. When you have fools saying they are the team to beat in the East and legitimate threats to the Heat, then yes... of course they are a fluke.

If you simply concede that they are a good team, likely to lose in the second round and MAYBE, just MAYBE, reach the conference finals, then we're all good.

bluechox2
11-15-2012, 11:09 PM
refs all over melo, cant move, he bends over and its a foul

bagelred
11-16-2012, 12:58 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/auk2l3.png
http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Not only are the Knicks 6-0, but they've had the toughest schedule in the league, according to ESPN's Strength of Schedule.

But honestly, don't trust these stats. New York is a haven for liberals, and this is clearly liberal bias.

Knicks suck and always will. :pimp:

kNicKz
11-16-2012, 01:00 PM

Not only are the Knicks 6-0, but they've had the toughest schedule in the league, according to ESPN's Strength of Schedule.

But honestly, don't trust these stats. New York is a haven for liberals, and this is clearly liberal bias.

Other teams are letting them win because of Hurricane sandy

Droid101
11-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Look, I'm willing to admit if they're good. I made fun of them when they sucked because... well... they sucked!

We live in an "Anyone but the Heat" world.

I'd gladly accept (but be pissed) if the Lakers lose to the Knicks in the Finals, as long as I know LelBron is at home crying in June.

SilkkTheShocker
11-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Look, I'm willing to admit if they're good. I made fun of them when they sucked because... well... they sucked!

We live in an "Anyone but the Heat" world.

I'd gladly accept (but be pissed) if the Lakers lose to the Knicks in the Finals, as long as I know LelBron is at home crying in June.

U have the gayest avatar on ISH

Droid101
11-16-2012, 01:08 PM
I love you too precious.

Kisses,
-Droid101

bagelred
11-16-2012, 01:08 PM

And if there's one thing SilkkTheCocker knows, it's gayness.

Pointguard
11-16-2012, 04:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

SOS is the code for HELP in distress - it doesn't mean strength of schedule. The Knicks need the most help and are in the most distress. Don't be trying to falsely hype our team with some crazy stat. Da nerve of you.

Vertical-24
11-16-2012, 06:58 PM
I agree. Melo is a fat,low IQ chucker who doesn't play defense

You used to have a picture of Melo as your avi for christs sakes :facepalm

Glide2keva
11-16-2012, 07:32 PM
They still get out-rebounded every game. That is going to catch up to them sooner or later.

Patrick Chewing
11-16-2012, 07:40 PM
They still get out-rebounded every game. That is going to catch up to them sooner or later.

Not necessarily. They've been shooting lights out from the perimeter thus preventing offensive board opportunities.

Glide2keva
11-16-2012, 07:50 PM
They will cool off though. No team stays hot the entire season. If they aren't grabbing boards, this will become more of a problem for them.

That's basketball.

Legends66NBA7
11-16-2012, 08:21 PM
You used to have a picture of Melo as your avi for christs sakes :facepalm

Detect sarcasm, sir.

Blue&Orange
11-16-2012, 08:27 PM
They will cool off though. No team stays hot the entire season. If they aren't grabbing boards, this will become more of a problem for them.

That's basketball.
24-6 since woodson took over, never healthy, missing two starters right now, but yeah they will cool off sooner or later, fluke team.

imdaman99
11-16-2012, 08:27 PM
all 6 of those wins were luck. cmon man, miami gave them the win.

miami was hung over the night before in traffic.

than the 76ers, they can't even beat scrubby teams at home, they also gave up because their bus ran out of gas on way to msg.

mavericks gave them the win, they were trying to get ex teammates cheered at home.

spurs just didnt want to win. starting blair? worst coaching decision evar :facepalm

tonight they lose by 30 minimum, unless the grizzlies are tired because they just played a game 2 nights ago.

can you guys say fluke? they'll be 6-8 soon enough.

bagelred
11-17-2012, 09:49 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/jjtv8w.png

Hahahahaha........Knicks lost......told ya they suck.

Look at the liberal bias above. Trying to make it seem like Knicks Schedule got even tougher. Nice try, Nate Silver!!! Loser!!!

Knicks = Fail

Yung D-Will
11-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Not necessarily. They've been shooting lights out from the perimeter thus preventing offensive board opportunities.
Teams eventually stop being hot from the perimeter. You can't depend on shooting lights out to hide rebounding weaknesses.