PDA

View Full Version : EuroBasket 2013

alenleomessi
11-18-2012, 06:45 PM
The draw was today, here are the groups :

Group A : France, GB, Germany, Ukraine, Belgium, Israel.

Group B : Macedonia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Bosnia, Latvia, Serbia.

Group C : Spain, Croatia, Slovenia, Poland, Czech, Georgia.

Group D : Greece, Russia, Italy, Turkey, Sweden, Finland.

3 teams go through to 2nd stage where another group is formed and the best 2 teams of that group goes to the semis

Early predictions?

gabepizza
11-18-2012, 07:11 PM

3 teams go through to 2nd stage where another group is formed and the best 2 teams of that group goes to the semis

Early predictions?
Group A: France, GB, Germany
Group B: Macedonia, Lithuania, Serbia
Group C: Spain, Croatia, Slovenia
Group D: Greece, Russia, Turkey

Group E: France, Germany, Lithuania, Serbia
Group F: Spain, Greece, Russia, Turkey

Semis- Lithuania vs Greece/ Russia vs Spain
Gold-Spain
Silver-Greece
Bronze- Russia

bd#1pguard
11-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Bosniaaaaaaa!!!!!!

millwad
11-18-2012, 08:23 PM
People will think that I'm joking but Sweden may be able to upset Italy and Greece.

Jeff Taylor (Charlotte Bobcats) and Jonas Jerebko (Detroit) must stp up big though...

gabepizza
11-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Group D is definitely next year's "Group of Death".

bd#1pguard
11-18-2012, 08:59 PM
People will think that I'm joking but Sweden may be able to upset Italy and Greece.

Jeff Taylor (Charlotte Bobcats) and Jonas Jerebko (Detroit) must stp up big though...

greece definitely a chance there.

italy no chance as they're passing is insanely gifted.

Grinder
11-18-2012, 09:14 PM

Early predictions?

Wow, these are some really unbalanced groups. Group B and D are stacked. :lol @ Group B, completely Baltic and Balkan.

Group B: Lithuania, Serbia, Montenegro

Euroleague
11-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Group B: Macedonia, Lithuania, Serbia

Group E: France, Germany, Lithuania, Serbia
Group F: Spain, Greece, Russia, Turkey

Semis- Lithuania vs Greece/ Russia vs Spain
Gold-Spain
Silver-Greece
Bronze- Russia

Chances guys like Kirilenko, Gasol brothers, Navarro, etc. play is almost zero. Same with Parker.

The natural favorites for this tournament would probably be Slovenia. Greece maybe......but they don't have a coach and no one seems to be willing to take the job.

Their last two coaches were epic disasters. No matter how good the roster is, you can't do anything without a good coach.

I expect Croatia to be better now. Italy better bring their best team, which means leaving the zero defense and huge ball hogs Belineli and Bargnani at home. Otherwise they might not pass through that group.

Lithuania is a question because so many of their players are getting so damn old. Russia without Kirilenko and Blatt - I doubt they would beat a full Slovenia playing at home.

Spain minus Pau and Navarro = ZERO chance to even sniff a medal.

Euroleague
11-18-2012, 09:46 PM

If Belinelli and Bargnani play they might give Italy a tough game. if they don't play, Italy beats them no problem.

Sweden would not stay within 15-20 of Greece's second team.

Euroleague
11-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Wow, these are some really unbalanced groups. Group B and D are stacked. :lol @ Group B, completely Baltic and Balkan.

Group B: Lithuania, Serbia, Montenegro

There is not a chance in hell that Spain minus Pau and Navarro can beat a full Slovenia playing at home.

gabepizza
11-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Chances guys like Kirilenko, Gasol brothers, Navarro, etc. play is almost zero. Same with Parker.

The natural favorites for this tournament would probably be Slovenia. Greece maybe......but they don't have a coach and no one seems to be willing to take the job.

Their last two coaches were epic disasters. No matter how good the roster is, you can't do anything without a good coach.

I expect Croatia to be better now. Italy better bring their best team, which means leaving the zero defense and huge ball hogs Belineli and Bargnani at home. Otherwise they might not pass through that group.

Lithuania is a question because so many of their players are getting so damn old. Russia without Kirilenko and Blatt - I doubt they would beat a full Slovenia playing at home.

What makes you so sure none of the stars are going to play for their national teams this summer? I mean I can see the Spanish players skipping it because they automatically qualify for the 2014 World Cup as the host country but on the other hand there are really going only to be two more Eurobaskets as we know it so why wouldn't Spain try to make it three Eurobasket golds in a row? All those stars you mentioned played in 2011 so why skip this one? Because the Olympics are harder to qualify for than the World Cup?

Euroleague
11-18-2012, 11:17 PM
What makes you so sure none of the stars are going to play for their national teams this summer? I mean I can see the Spanish players skipping it because they automatically qualify for the 2014 World Cup as the host country but on the other hand there are really going only to be two more Eurobaskets as we know it so why wouldn't Spain try to make it three Eurobasket golds in a row? All those stars you mentioned played in 2011 so why skip this one? Because the Olympics are harder to qualify for than the World Cup?

Because Pau and Navarro are not capable of playing anymore in the summer and completing a club season. Pau is dead tired and Navarro's career is almost over.

It would be shocking if they played.

Parker won't play because no way in hell will the Spurs allow it.

It's also extremely doubtful Kirilenko would play.

The fact that EuroBasket is ending is meaningless. The players are too old and too tired to physically play at this tournament.

gabepizza
11-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Because Pau and Navarro are not capable of playing anymore in the summer and completing a club season. Pau is dead tired and Navarro's career is almost over.

It would be shocking if they played.

Parker won't play because no way in hell will the Spurs allow it.

It's also extremely doubtful Kirilenko would play.

The fact that EuroBasket is ending is meaningless. The players are too old and too tired to physically play at this tournament.

We'll see. Pau and Parker have never missed a Eurobasket and Navarro has never missed any summer with his national team. Why would this be the summer that none of them play all of a sudden? Maybe but you can't be 100% sure.

Borat_Sagdyev
11-19-2012, 12:12 AM

C: Valanciunas (20 years old), Javtokas (32)
PF: Motiejunas (22), Jankunas (28)
SF: Kleiza (27), Maciulis (27), Jasaitis (30)
SG: Pocius (26), Seibutis (27), Gecevicius (24)
PG: Kalnietis (26), Juskevicius (23) or Cizauskas (20) or ?

millwad
11-19-2012, 12:21 AM
If Belinelli and Bargnani play they might give Italy a tough game. if they don't play, Italy beats them no problem.

Sweden would not stay within 15-20 of Greece's second team.

Haha, so without Italy's NBA players Sweden will have a chance but not without them.

And Greece, haha, they are old and crappy nowadays. They got OWNED by Nigera.. :facepalm

kkb_12
11-19-2012, 02:17 AM

Group A : France, Ukraine, ??

Group B : Macedonia, Lithuania, Montenegro

Group C : Spain, Slovenia, Croatia

Group D : Russia, Italy, Turkey

ZenMaster
11-19-2012, 02:25 AM

Jerebko, Taylor and Ludvig H

Grinder
11-19-2012, 02:39 AM
[QUOTE=ZenMaster]Jerebko, Taylor and Ludvig H

millwad
11-19-2012, 03:46 AM
[QUOTE=ZenMaster]Jerebko, Taylor and Ludvig H

hon
11-19-2012, 05:18 AM
http://tinddao.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/euro-step-move.jpg

If Ginobli is from South America... why is his move called the "euro" step? Hmmmm.....

Borat_Sagdyev
11-19-2012, 12:04 PM
If Ginobli is from South America... why is his move called the "euro" step? Hmmmm.....
because:
The Lithuanian Sarunas Marciulionis is credited with bringing the Euro step to the N.B.A. He played with four teams in the 1990s before it became common for international players to join the N.B.A. Ginobili then perfected and popularized the move.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9zBndgbHKs

http://sc-liquidations.com/images/A03231a%20(19).JPG

CeltsGarlic
11-19-2012, 12:26 PM

Our PG line is so sick. We cant allow to let Kalnietis do whatever he wants, while Juskevicius is way too inexperienced.
Nesamone.

Sakkreth
11-19-2012, 12:31 PM
WTF group A so weak.

alenleomessi
11-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Lithuanians ready to get your a$$holes stretched out again?

CeltsGarlic
11-19-2012, 02:43 PM

I guess lighting doesnt strike the same place twice. And we have a coach this year :eek: :bowdown:

Borat_Sagdyev
11-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Bo McCalebb, Darius Washington, Jeremiah Massey, Kennedy Winston, Marques Green, Ryan Stack... What else? It's a shame for European basketbal, and still:
http://foto.terpe.lt/inkelti/20121119/i78_makedonija.jpg
...and just because we are a hospitable :rolleyes:

Sakkreth
11-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Macedonia is a joke even with all those americans playing for them, we'll trash them.

gabepizza
11-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Macedonia is just looking forward to Eurobasket because they know they won't have to face the Dominicans or Angolans.

alenleomessi
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Macedonia is a joke even with all those americans playing for them, we'll trash them.
joke or not, we still made teenage girls cry in the middle of lithuania
deal with it

alenleomessi
11-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Bo McCalebb, Darius Washington, Jeremiah Massey, Kennedy Winston, Marques Green, Ryan Stack... What else? It's a shame for European basketbal, and still:
http://foto.terpe.lt/inkelti/20121119/i78_makedonija.jpg
...and just because we are a hospitable :rolleyes:
so what? every big bball nation has someone naturalized .... and its not like anyone of those guys except bo helped us...

chains5000
11-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Everybody knows alenleomessi will forget about Macedonia once they start losing again.
Which will happen soon.

alenleomessi
11-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Everybody knows alenleomessi will forget about Macedonia once they start losing again.
Which will happen soon.
well they did lose few months ago against dominicans and failed to make the olympics ...
it was a huge disappoitment but hey at least greece lost too

Sakkreth
11-19-2012, 05:22 PM
so what? every big bball nation has someone naturalized .... and its not like anyone of those guys except bo helped us...

Not true, and macedonia isn't big bbal nation anyways.

Euroleague
11-19-2012, 07:30 PM

Like I said, their national team's players are all old and gone now. No one knows what their NEW team will do.

Euroleague
11-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Haha, so without Italy's NBA players Sweden will have a chance but not without them.

And Greece, haha, they are old and crappy nowadays. They got OWNED by Nigera.. :facepalm

Belinelli and Bargnani are horrific players.

Euroleague
11-19-2012, 07:32 PM

As far as I know, Russia, China, Greece, Lithuania do not allow any naturalized players on their national teams. Although Russia used to allow it.