PDA

View Full Version : Artest somehow stupidly does it again...waiting for 10+ game suspension

Grey Dawn
11-19-2012, 12:09 AM
Artest just Artested Lins head in the rockets Lakers game, mma style spinning elbow to Lins face/head, side of Lins head immediately bruised and bleeding, Artest a fraction of a second after snapping and doing it realizes he made a huge mistake and tries to console Lin.

A tech called, how did they not call a flagrant than go to the tape for review? Obvious purposeful swing and blow to the head.

The league is going to crush Artest anyways though, very similar to Harden incident, even also slammed the orbital bone and the exact same snap and strike thing as Harden.

The leagues biggest moron got 7 games for the Harden one and that was very forgiving, so this will have to be 10+ and man does he ever deserve it.

outbreak
11-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Someone make a gif please

Doctor Rivers
11-19-2012, 12:11 AM
Nice trolling

Grey Dawn
11-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Nice trolling

Not trolling, did you see it?

Twiens
11-19-2012, 12:14 AM
No way that's a suspension

ripthekik
it wasn't that bad, but it was an unnatural reaction to swing like that. 50/50, at least they called something

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Artest just Artested Lins head in the rockets Lakers game, mma style spinning elbow to Lins face/head, side of Lins head immediately bruised and bleeding, Artest a fraction of a second after snapping and doing it realizes he made a huge mistake and tries to console Lin.

A tech called, how did they not call a flagrant than go to the tape for review? Obvious purposeful swing and blow to the head.

The league is going to crush Artest anyways though, very similar to Harden incident, even also slammed the orbital bone and the exact same snap and strike thing as Harden.

The leagues biggest moron got 7 games for the Harden one and that was very forgiving, so this will have to be 10+ and man does he ever deserve it.

fcuking idiot...he didnt even know Lin was there...troll mutha fcuka

Noof
Dafuq? :lol

tmacattack33
11-19-2012, 12:16 AM
He knew he was there, but it wasn't a huge loaded elbow like last time. Maybe a fine or 1 game suspension i bet.

Grey Dawn
11-19-2012, 12:21 AM
fcuking idiot...he didnt even know Lin was there...troll mutha fcuka

Bitch please, anyone who tries to do the same 'incidental contact/didn't know he was there' thing as with Harden is the true ****ing idiot, which means you.

Like ****ing hell that was incidental contact, I'm not a fan of either team and you are obviously a moronic Laker homer.

Grey Dawn
11-19-2012, 12:22 AM
No way that's a suspension

Guaranteed suspension. Artest purposely throwing his elbow into an opponent's orbital bone as a boneheaded reaction for the second time in 20 games?

andremiller07
11-19-2012, 12:25 AM
LOL that was on PURPOSE he clearly spun @ a increased speed so he could connect def not a 10 games suspension maybe 1-2, but yeah there is no way he didn't know Lin was there.

Link i found on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKZk2L0NMic

Decent spinning backfist rather than a elbow

G-train
11-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Arterst shouldn't be in the league after the Harden incident.
After Malice in the Palace, should have been one more incident and you are out.

Jakeh008
11-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Love tap to the temple = life in prison

G-train
11-19-2012, 12:29 AM
LOL that was on PURPOSE he clearly spun @ a increased speed so he could connect def not a 10 games suspension maybe 1-2, but yeah there is no way he didn't know Lin was there.

Link i found on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKZk2L0NMic

Decent spinning backfist rather than a elbow

He'll get games, he's an idiot. You have a duty of care, he knew Lin was in area and made a weird spinning strike. The guy is crazy.

noob cake
11-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Artest is gonna get nailed for this. Too many chances for him, suspend for 5-10 games imo.

Definitely suspension. This was intentional. You don't swing your arm after getting bear hugged. Can't even make the excuse that he didn't know Lin was there.

bmulls
11-19-2012, 12:31 AM
How are you gonna argue he didn't know Lin was there after Lin just intentionally fouled him?

bigt
11-19-2012, 12:33 AM
It's a lot worse because of who is doing it. If it was anybody else in the league, it'd be seen as bad and reckless, but because it's World Peace with his history he might get a lot more flak than this. I'd give him a two game suspension, and that's in part because of his track record, but it's a lot less malicious than the Harden incident. It's not an elbow either, which is a lot more dangerous than a backhanded swipe

HardwoodLegend
11-19-2012, 12:34 AM
I used to find his nuttiness charming and amusing, but now it's just nauseating.

Can't stand this dude.

IGOTGAME
11-19-2012, 12:35 AM
shouldn't have been a flagarant. Just coincidental.

RoseCity07
11-19-2012, 12:42 AM
I don't like that one. Lin didn't deserve that. Hit someone your own size. I think that was intentional.

che guevara
11-19-2012, 12:43 AM
He'll get games, he's an idiot. You have a duty of care, he knew Lin was in area and made a weird spinning strike. The guy is crazy.
This

Artest is gonna get nailed for this. Too many chances for him, suspend for 5-10 games imo.

Definitely suspension. This was intentional. You don't swing your arm after getting bear hugged. Can't even make the excuse that he didn't know Lin was there.
And this, the he's had way more chances than he deserves. With a history of violent reactions like this (often with little to no provocation), I wouldn't be against Stern kicking him out of the league. The dude is, legitimately, completely ****ing insane. He's a danger to other players just by being out on the court, you don't know what he might do.

And I can't believe people are actually saying this might not be intentional, come on, that's ridiculous. He knew exactly where Lin was.

RoseCity07
11-19-2012, 12:44 AM

Please feel free to bump this thread if that happens but I think you're crazy if you think they are suspending him for 5-10 games. 3 games max, and I'd be surprised at that.

andremiller07
11-19-2012, 12:46 AM
This
He's a danger to other players just by being out on the court, you don't know what he might do.

+ Hes developing a large striking arsenal, he started with straight forward jabs and hooks @Detriot moved to muay thai elbows @OKC and now spinning back fists vs Houston the only thing left is head kicks and knees which will be coming to a NBA arena near you when the Lakers play.

IGOTGAME
11-19-2012, 12:50 AM
This

And this, the he's had way more chances than he deserves. With a history of violent reactions like this (often with little to no provocation), I wouldn't be against Stern kicking him out of the league. The dude is, legitimately, completely ****ing insane. He's a danger to other players just by being out on the court, you don't know what he might do.

And I can't believe people are actually saying this might not be intentional, come on, that's ridiculous. He knew exactly where Lin was.

what a bunch of cry babies. The guy is going full speed and is hit by another man and put off balance. He spins to regain his balance and extends his arm to help him the pursuit. Then, by pure chance he hits this guy in the face.

how about stop whining softees. This ish happens on bball courts everyday by accident.

gigantes
11-19-2012, 12:51 AM
If a society endorses crazy people wandering the streets then shit's gonna happen. That's on society, not the mentally ill.

Stern, big money and big markets are the culprits here.

Grey Dawn
11-19-2012, 12:56 AM
what a bunch of cry babies. The guy is going full speed and is hit by another man and put off balance. He spins to regain his balance and extends his arm to help him the pursuit. Then, by pure chance he hits this guy in the face.

how about stop whining softees. This ish happens on bball courts everyday by accident.

WTF kinda real hardcore crack are you smoking? Either that or inbred?

KOBEtherealKing
11-19-2012, 12:58 AM
don't think he gets any. closely and slowly it looks like an accident but who knows. its metta world peace.

Fudge
11-19-2012, 01:01 AM
shouldn't have been a flagarant. Just coincidental.
:lol

Real Men Wear Green
11-19-2012, 01:20 AM
If that was done by someone with no history of violent incidents there would be no punishment. It didn't look that vicious, and Lin wasn't knocked down or hurt in any big way. Because it's Artest and he has a history something may happen but if Artest had wanted to hurt him he would have done worse than that. We've seen what happens when Artest gets nasty. I don't think he should get punished this time.

kennethgriffin
11-19-2012, 01:25 AM
this league = soft

this board = soft

its amazing pau gasol isnt the most popular athlete on ISH

bluechox2
11-19-2012, 01:26 AM
artest sending a message to harden, your next buddy

Rake2204
11-19-2012, 01:32 AM
I was honestly expecting something a little worse based on the thread title. I think the detail here that may lead to a fine or suspension will be the ability for the viewer to tell that Artest absorbing the foul and Artest spinning and swinging were likely two separate acts. The extra bit of spin just doesn't look like a natural continuation of the manner with which he was moving after being hit.

Interesting to see Artest's post-contact history as well. He seems to be very good at committing a malicious foul (though I found this one a little less severe) then either feigning an apology directly after or admitting his wrong doing on the spot. It's like a child stealing a cookie from the cookie jar then telling him mom what he just did, expecting not to be punished because he was honest and forthright about the act committed.

Shepseskaf
11-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Remember when Harden was doing all that trash talking to Kobe? Bet that doesn't happen again.

MJ(Mean John)
11-19-2012, 02:26 AM
Just like the harden elbow (err. Artest elbow to harden head. Lol)

You can make a case for it being accidental but IF I WAS ON JURY DUTY,
For sure I'm saying that n.igga did it on purpose.
Real shit. It's too perfect

That's without evidence. Add that he has a history of "accidental" hits and boom. Case closed your honor.

PS; I think he changed his name to Metta World Peace so that he can troll the whole NBA. :lol

Lol. He decided he was going to "accidentally " hurt people while being this nice guy lol

MJ(Mean John)
11-19-2012, 02:28 AM
this league = soft

this board = soft

Lol. Kenneth you're a jackass but I love it man. Lol

You keep a n.igga Rollin all day everyday lol.

I look forward to reading your posts.

And lets be real here.

After 17 years, this motherf.ucker Kobe bean is looking as good as ever and like the best in the league

Pointguard
11-19-2012, 03:59 AM

Yeah, with Harden in the same game this nut, figured he still send a message. They need a reel him in. You can't give him a two suspension because he seemingly doesn't learn. He's trying to intimidate players with his flailing.

maybeshewill13
11-19-2012, 04:55 AM
this league = soft

this board = soft

If James Harden did this to a Laker you would be calling for his head (well, what's left of it after last year) :sleeping :sleeping

flipogb
11-19-2012, 04:57 AM
had this been on ESPN with Mike Breen , Metta would be suspended for sure

Cali Syndicate
11-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Meh, looked inadvertent to me but who knows cause Artest is crazy.

Digital Lee
11-19-2012, 05:11 AM
watched it live and i dont think that was intentional

The_Yearning
11-19-2012, 05:13 AM
Lmao at you guys talking about the severity of the blow.. it doesn't matter how hard the hit was. It was the intent of the matter that he should get suspended for.

He deliberately nailed an elbow to the man's face. The fact that Artest has a history of doing this doesn't not help his cause either.

TheeBeast
11-19-2012, 05:14 AM
If it was in fact intentional, then everyone here must agree that this was also intentional: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgwewDrvivQ

Haymaker
11-19-2012, 05:17 AM
Artest is a volatile person. It was intentional as proved before.

Cali Syndicate
11-19-2012, 05:39 AM
If it was in fact intentional, then everyone here must agree that this was also intentional: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgwewDrvivQ

Reminds me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMrPjl-927Q

Imagine if VC connected on KG....

BTW, you have terrible Photoshop skills.

tomtucker
11-19-2012, 05:48 AM
could have poked Lin in the eye.....not cool metta

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400277866

hon
11-19-2012, 05:49 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/sKVzNZl64zI/0.jpg

Artest is too hood... Queensbridge representing yo!

Clutch
11-19-2012, 05:52 AM
Metta World Elbow is back :bowdown:

Godzuki
11-19-2012, 11:22 AM
this is why i think people are such retards. how any of you can act like this was so intentional or crime is just retarded :facepalm can't believe the drama queen stupidity in this thread that made me watch it :mad:

Just2McFly
11-19-2012, 11:34 AM
this isn't even that bad

Crown&Coke
11-19-2012, 12:17 PM
he got a flagrant for it. I think that was too excessive. If he gets popped for a few games that would really blow. All he really did was slap him really, that warranted a flagrant? A tech maybe, but a flagrant?

Had it been Parsons, Metta doesn't even get called for the flagrant

Bcogswell
11-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Not as bad as you guys are trying to make it out to seem.. I honestly don't think it was intentional either.

With that said he will likely get suspended 3+ games just because its Artest :lol

Grey Dawn
11-19-2012, 12:41 PM
:applause:
he got a flagrant for it. I think that was too excessive. If he gets popped for a few games that would really blow. All he really did was slap him really, that warranted a flagrant? A tech maybe, but a flagrant?

Umm no he got a tech.

Mr. Incredible
11-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Nah

monkeypox
11-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Lin grabs him around the waist on one side causing him to spin. So it's not like he spun around to crack Lin on the head. If anything he was careless on how he swung his arms. But minus the hit is looks like a perfectly normal result of that play.

Eric Cartman
11-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Shouldn't be a suspension.

DuMa
11-19-2012, 01:51 PM
2 games. seeing as how cousins got 2 games earlier for a little insult to a broadcasting team.

Haymaker
11-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Should be suspended and burnt.

no pun intended
11-19-2012, 01:59 PM
So are they still deciding on a verdict right now?

Derka
11-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Artest being Artest.

BlackVVaves
11-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Some of you need to return to high school with your pathetically petty perspective and melodramatic stances. Suspension? Really? :facepalm

niko
11-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Are people just trying to be funny? No way that warrants a suspension. I'm not sure it warranted the flagrant.

Artillery
11-19-2012, 02:15 PM
lol at Laker fans making excuses for Artest. Just admit that you guys have the dirtiest team in the league. Howard also had a cheapshot elbow that made Asik bleed.

Crown&Coke
11-19-2012, 02:29 PM
lol at Laker fans making excuses for Artest. Just admit that you guys have the dirtiest team in the league. Howard also had a cheapshot elbow that made Asik bleed.

:roll:

Blue&Orange
11-19-2012, 02:30 PM
inadvertent :lol right :rolleyes:

Crown&Coke
11-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Are people just trying to be funny? No way that warrants a suspension. I'm not sure it warranted the flagrant.

I hope they are trying to be funny.

Grey Dawn pointed out it wasn't a flagrant, only a tech. Looked like they called a flagrant first and reviewed it?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
11-19-2012, 03:04 PM
LOL @ anyone who doesn't think that was intentional. Metta knew where Lin was after he purposely fouled him on the break and you can tell he didn't even have to swing his arm back. This guy is a scum and I think a 2-3 game suspension is worth it. Metta is a known when it comes to this kind of sh*t

takai
11-19-2012, 03:29 PM
What? :lol

whippyAU
11-19-2012, 06:29 PM
ISH, a forum where you can discuss haircuts/hairlines, fashion, other males swag and in the case of physical contact feel free to get your knickers in a knot and vent your rage xoxo

Rake2204
11-19-2012, 06:36 PM
LOL @ anyone who doesn't think that was intentional. Metta knew where Lin was after he purposely fouled him on the break and you can tell he didn't even have to swing his arm back. This guy is a scum and I think a 2-3 game suspension is worth it. Metta is a known when it comes to this kind of sh*tAt my jerkiest, I've absorbed what I felt was a questionable foul and used my "out of control" body to warrant a natural appearing, yet painful retaliation to my opponent. Well, maybe not painful, but for instance, if a defender wrapped me up, at one point there was a good chance I'd try to "accidentally" take that defender to the floor with me. Stuff like that. There were many instances where I did something intentionally on the basketball court but successfully masked it as an accident.

With that in mind, and knowing Artest's history, it's always tough for me to look past any of his incidents and assume they were all purely accidental. When I see him elbow James Harden or slap Jeremey Lin, I can often totally picture his thought process, of "accidentally" sending a message, where the recipient knows what happened, but you hope the accidental appearing nature protects you from punishment.

dunksby
11-19-2012, 06:39 PM
It's obviously intentional but that's just a dirty play to me, no need for suspension.

pnyozzzoo
11-19-2012, 06:39 PM

Err this dude does not even know its a Tech and he shamelessly post his obvious agenda with the Parsons comparison.

Lin hater's jealousy is so obvious. I mean at least try to be more clever and subtle please.

Rake2204
11-19-2012, 06:47 PM
It's obviously intentional but that's just a dirty play to me, no need for suspension.I think I agree, but I do not feel strongly about it. As I mentioned earlier though, I was expecting something much, much worse when I read the thread title.

ihoopallday
11-19-2012, 06:49 PM
:lol Laker fans would defend these players if they were caught on video killing someone. Just admit it was intentional and move on. Doesn't warrant a suspension, but you can't watch that video and conclude Metta didn't know Lin was there.

tmacattack33
11-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Love tap to the temple = life in prison

Nope, but a second offense after you already committed a felony (Detroit brawl...worst moment in history for the NBA) could get you major time in jail.

TryToBeUnbias
11-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Didn't look intentional live at all...

TheBigVeto
11-19-2012, 08:55 PM
How is that racist madman not in jail after the brawl, I'll never understand.

Noof
11-19-2012, 08:56 PM
I can't believe this thread is serious. :lol I thought it was a joke at first.

derb2k2
11-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Some of you need to return to high school with your pathetically petty perspective and melodramatic stances. Suspension? Really? :facepalm

he's a repeat offender, and a damn nutbag if i may say so. This guy shouldn't be in the league, period. That was clearly intentional because he knew he was there and was annoyed by Lin's holding foul.

TheeBeast
11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
BTW, you have terrible Photoshop skills.

I don't even use photoshop :confusedshrug:

lilgodfather1
11-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Anybody but Artest, and this thread isn't made. The guy is a nutbar though, and his history leads to discussion. He shouldn't be suspended for that though, but honestly if he is it looks good on him because he should't have been allowed to remain in the NBA, or society after the Palace incident...

Callystarr
11-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Al Jefferson

14 points, 16 boards in 26 minutes :bowdown:

pauk
11-20-2012, 11:15 AM
That was 100% intentional, he tried to make it look like it was not by immediately consoling Lin afterwards, but no, nice try Artest (yes, Artest, i dont call a grown man Metta World Peace)