PDA

View Full Version : Clippers 5-0 against contenders so far...

Kiddlovesnets
11-20-2012, 12:06 AM
They beat the Grizzlies, Lakers, Heat, and Spurs twice(both home and road). The first four games were all played at home(the one against LA was technically a road game, but in LA), but there's just nothing one can say about this road win in San Antonio. I am not a Clippers fan, but I've gotta give them some credits for this. If they beat Thunder in OKC that will be even more impressive than what it already is now.
:applause:

Clippersfan86
11-20-2012, 12:07 AM
:djparty Bill Simmons= Clippers 45 wins AT BEST. Hollinger= 6 seed in west, no improvement over last year. Eat my di** haters. Can't wait till we get Billups and Hill back.

fsvr54
6-0, they beat the Hawks too.

oh the horror
People keep sleeping on them, and pretending it isnt happening or something.

Clippers are NOT the same team they were last season.

EnoughSaid
Clippers are a legit team. They have all the makings of a contender. Superstar in CP3, great athleticism, good defense, nice scoring and the deepest bench in the NBA. They can definitely go far this year, and even make the Finals. AMAZING turn around for a team in turmoil just a year ago.

demons2005
11-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Please correct the title: 5-0*

takai
11-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Lakers still had Potato Head on the sideline.

oh the horror
11-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Please correct the title: 5-0*

Your team has lost twice against them thus far. You can try to fool yourself all you'd like but it appears the Spurs are going south in terms of where they're headed and the Clips are moving up.

Clippersfan86
11-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Clippers have held 6 teams to under 38 percent shooting.... yet all I hear from fans of those teams is how THEY shot poorly. Maybe the number 3 defense in the NBA so far has something to do with that?

Kiddlovesnets
11-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Oh just realized the win against Lakers was a road game too, my badness. But either way you look at it, its an impressive streak. They'd easily be 9-0 without the two losses against Cavs and Warriors.

Clippersfan86
11-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Oh just realized the win against Lakers was a road game too, my badness. But either way you look at it, its an impressive streak. They'd easily be 9-0 without the two losses against Cavs and Warriors.

What pisses me off is in those two games despite TERRIBLE showing from the Clippers they had a tie game both times with 90 seconds left and choked their chances to win away by allowing multiple 3 point bombs.

oh the horror
11-20-2012, 12:14 AM
And to think....they're still awaiting Billups and G. Hill.

Sure, they're both old, but they DO contribute.

Clippersfan86
11-20-2012, 12:16 AM
And to think....they're still awaiting Billups and G. Hill.

Sure, they're both old, but they DO contribute.

No doubt. Hill doesn't need to do ANYTHING besides make smart passes, play D and knock down occasional jumper. Even at 40 that's not asking for much from him considering he's done exactly that his entire career including last year.

Billups doesn't need to do much production wise to be better than Willie Green. Knock down some 3's, play physical D and be a floor general (all realistic to expect of him).

DuMa
11-20-2012, 12:20 AM
My dream finals LAC vs MIA. make it happen stern.

SevereUpInHere
11-20-2012, 12:25 AM

The Wizards would easily be 9-0 if they'd won all of their games. :oldlol:

But the Clippers are legit this year, they're going to be a handful in the playoffs for any of the other contending teams in the West.

daily
11-20-2012, 12:26 AM
The Clippers will implode sometime during the season. They always do. I know it's supposed to be a new team wah wah wah but until they don't fall apart I'll side with history that says the Clippers will find a way to screw it all up. The roster alone is one big medical emergency waiting to happen

Pointguard
11-20-2012, 12:29 AM
What's really impressive is that I haven't seen them play near their potential yet - the front line seems like its in its infant stages. These guys can win it all.

Clippersfan86
11-20-2012, 12:30 AM
What's really impressive is that I haven't seen them play near their potential yet - the front line seems like its in its infant stages. These guys can win it all.

:biggums: unexpected big praise. I think that's the key here is that our young core of Bledsoe, DJ and Griffin still has a long ways to go and the team still isn't gelled. Plus still short two key rotation players including starting SG.

Micku
11-20-2012, 12:37 AM
The Clippers will implode sometime during the season. They always do. I know it's supposed to be a new team wah wah wah but until they don't fall apart I'll side with history that says the Clippers will find a way to screw it all up. The roster alone is one big medical emergency waiting to happen

Last time, Billups injury got them out of sync. They still made some nice trades and got some nice pieces going to the playoffs. So, no excuses on their part.

This year, assuming if everybody is healthy, they are pretty legit and scary to face. Their bench is pretty deep, and probably the best bench in the game even without Hill and Billups. And DJ improved a lot. Their defense improved too. They are better than last year.

daily
11-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Last time, Billups injury got them out of sync. They still made some nice trades and got some nice pieces going to the playoffs. So, no excuses on their part.

This year, assuming if everybody is healthy, they are pretty legit and scary to face. Their bench is pretty deep, and probably the best bench in the game even without Hill and Billups. And DJ improved a lot.
Ok.. Like I said wake me when it's over. Everything you just said has been said every year for the last 30 years.

Clippersfan86
11-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Ok.. Like I said wake me when it's over. Everything you just said has been said every year for the last 30 years.

People said the same thing last year though and despite being severely shorthanded they beat the team they were supposedly going to get crushed by (Memphis) to get to the second round. Adding a top 5 player to your team and tons of other good pieces kinda changes things no?

brandonislegend
11-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Lakers had potato
Heat had 1 leg Wade
Spurs had no small forward

etc etc

just playing they gonna be good

Bigsmoke
11-20-2012, 12:46 AM
Heat vs Clippers.

will there ever be as many lobs in the Finals if this would have happened?

TheCalmInsanity
11-20-2012, 12:59 AM
Lakers had potato
Heat had 1 leg Wade

etc etc

White text :applause:

devin112
11-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Lakers had potato
Heat had 1 leg Wade

etc etc

u got me

clipps
11-20-2012, 01:15 AM
With the Grizzlies losing to the Nuggets, the Clippers are #1 in the west(they own the tie-breaker to Memphis). As much as I'd love a Clippers Heat finals, I'd much rather see the Clippers and Knicks.

HorryIsMyMVP
11-20-2012, 01:26 AM
Griffin and Jordan suck. They will go as far as CP3 takes them. Which is at this point probably second round.

Ol Dirty Bastard
11-20-2012, 01:43 AM
I still can't get over the losses to the Cavs and Warriors.
Both were home games for LA. No excuses.

Although the Cavs were making everything that night.

Go Clips!:rockon:

BlueandGold
11-20-2012, 01:54 AM
what they've done is eye popping but given their history you have to see it in the postseason

also it's too early to say anything remotely definitive.. teams like memphis and milwaukee are at the top of the league

SpecialQue
11-20-2012, 02:03 AM
what they've done is eye popping but given their history you have to see it in the postseason

also it's too early to say anything remotely definitive.. teams like memphis and milwaukee are at the top of the league

Fvcking retarded comparing Memphis to Milwaukee there. :facepalm

Brujesino
11-20-2012, 03:30 AM
Too bad the they lost to the real contenders........the Warriors:pimp:

d.bball.guy
11-20-2012, 03:40 AM
I'm loving this Clipper team. Gonna root for them if the Lakers miss the Playoffs or get eliminated first. :lol

francesco totti
11-20-2012, 04:19 AM
the west is stacked. all of grizzlies, okc and clippers look frigthening to me.
then you got 2 experienced sides in lakers & spurs.

The east has just miami, and experienced boston come playoffs.

All Net
11-20-2012, 06:04 AM
They are legit contenders without a doubt.

La Frescobaldi
11-20-2012, 08:13 AM
the west is stacked. all of grizzlies, okc and clippers look frigthening to me.
then you got 2 experienced sides in lakers & spurs.

The east has just miami, and experienced boston come playoffs.

i don't much care for the bulls with their freaking top knot-ageness but they will probably come on real strong as this season builds up intensity.

Can't BELIEVE the Clippers looking like a real team!! lol decades of futility dating clear back to Buffalo

icewill36
11-20-2012, 10:19 AM
clippers are real. no telling who will come out of the west this year

KOBE143
11-20-2012, 10:23 AM
LAL vs LAC for WCF.. Seems possible..

Yung D-Will
11-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Memphis and Lac doing extremely well , with Okc and La being weaker than anticipated this might be a really interesting Western playoffs. Though once Denver starts clicking I expect them to be just as good as both those teams.

IGOTGAME
11-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Clippers are a top 3 team in the league. They are just so explosive.

clipps
11-20-2012, 03:12 PM
i don't much care for the bulls with their freaking top knot-ageness but they will probably come on real strong as this season builds up intensity.

Can't BELIEVE the Clippers looking like a real team!! lol decades of futility dating clear back to Buffalo

You have no idea how happy I was to see the CLIPPERS ranked #1 in the west. After about 13 years of being a die hard fan, this is unbelievable. The Clippers are FINALLY a legit contender. It's been a long time coming.

senelcoolidge
11-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Too many people are caught up in the past. The Clippers are legit. They are not even playing at full strength. This should be an exciting year in the West.

airchibundo507
11-20-2012, 03:41 PM
knicks and clips... teams regarded as jokes in the recent past... now looking down from the top of the standings for their respective conferences.

all it took was each team acquiring a legit superstar and the elevation to contention was inevitable

daily
11-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Bumping knee jerk reaction thread

LONGTIME
11-26-2012, 02:15 AM
:durantunimpressed:

Bigsmoke
11-26-2012, 03:48 AM
they better vs the Hornets

mjokc
11-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Good lord, people are so freaking reactionary.