11-21-2012, 10:40 PM
C: Wilt
PF: Karl Malone
SF: LeBron James
SG: Vince Carter
PG- Westbrook or Steve Francis

KyrieTheFuture
11-21-2012, 10:42 PM
How athletic do we consider people like Muggsy Bogues to be?

webberz0044
11-21-2012, 10:49 PM
C - Wilt
PF - Kemp
SF - Dominique
SG - Carter
PG - Rose

KungFuJoe
11-21-2012, 10:49 PM
C - David Robinson
PF - Garnett
SF - Barkley/Lebron
SG - Jordan (duh)
PG - Rose

SourPatchKids
11-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Aquille Carr

lilgodfather1
11-21-2012, 10:55 PM
Are we talking about pure athletecism, as in combine numbers? If so then cue the scrubs parading their way to the top of all positions.

KungFuJoe
11-21-2012, 11:01 PM
How athletic do we consider people like Muggsy Bogues to be?

Mugsy was 5'3. I'm sorry but when you're that short you better be quick as ****. He was skilled as hell which is why he made it in the NBA, but to be a pure athlete you gotta have speed, strength, agility, hops, and body control.

I still think David Robinson was the most athletic center of all time...he was a freak of nature, really.

Bigsmoke
11-21-2012, 11:30 PM
David Robinson
Blake
Lebron
Jordan
Rose

Round Mound
11-21-2012, 11:41 PM
PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Lebron James
PF: Charles Barkley
C: Wilt Chamberlain

Whoah10115
11-21-2012, 11:43 PM
You shouldn't list Lebron and Julius. Pick a PF and a SF.

And no way can Karl Malone be an answer.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-21-2012, 11:44 PM
westbrook
mj
lbj
Barkley
chamberlain

RoundMoundOfReb
11-21-2012, 11:45 PM
PG: Allen Iverson
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Lebron James
PF: Charles Barkley
C: Wilt Chamberlain
iverson over westbrook? idk it's close imo.

KOBE143
11-21-2012, 11:48 PM
DRose
Kobe
TMac
Kemp
DRobinson

Brick Rick
11-21-2012, 11:49 PM
First Team:
PG: Westbrook
SG: Jordan
SF: Carter
PF: Lebron (**** off, I can't not have him here)
C: Wilt (90 inch vertical, can run the 100 m in 8 seconds, 200 inch reach, mountain lion's worst nightmare)

Second Team:
PG: Iverson
SG: Wade
SF: Nique
PF: Kemp
C: Shaq

pauk
11-21-2012, 11:50 PM
C - Wilt
PF - Kemp
SF - Dominique
SG - Carter
PG - Rose

Vertical only... Lebron kills him at everything else and has an even better vertical

Jordan > Carter aswell... MJ was faster, more agile, had an even better vertical, was stronger, better endurance/cardio and ofcourse his body was less prone to injuries :P

Brick Rick
11-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Third Team
PG: Rose
SG: Jason Richardson
SF: McGrady
PF: Kemp
C: David Robinson

Brick Rick
11-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Vertical only... Lebron kills him at everything else and has an even better vertical

Jordan > Carter aswell... MJ was faster, more agile, had an even better vertical, was stronger, better endurance/cardio and ofcourse his body was less prone to injuries :P

Yes Jordan has Carter beat in all aspects of athleticism except dunking. Carter is the best dunker of all time, even Jordan would admit this.

plowking
11-22-2012, 12:04 AM
How is Iverson more athletic than Westbrook and Rose for example? Dude is no where near as strong and durable. Not to mention doesn't have the leaping ability of those two.

SG and SF are the only locks IMO. Jordan and Lebron. Center is the toughest. You have Shaq, Wilt, Robinson, etc. Power Forward has had its share of great athletes as well. Barkley, Kemp, Blake, McDyess, etc.

spree43
11-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Westbrook
gerald green
lebron
kemp
wilt

pauk
11-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Yes Jordan has Carter beat in all aspects of athleticism except dunking. Carter is the best dunker of all time, even Jordan would admit this.

Carter was a more creative dunker yes... but we are talking about overall athleticism here (combination of speed, vertical, quickness, agility, strength, endurance/cardio, physical longevity injury proneness maybe if u want to count that, stuff like that)

KungFuJoe
11-22-2012, 12:10 AM
No love for Barkley? He was as much a freak of nature as Lebron. 6'4", 250lbs, can leap out of the gym, push the fast break with good speed for a man his size, excellent body control, and freakish strength.

Graviton
11-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Durability and endurance is part of athleticism, Iverson got nothing on Westbrook. Russel is clearly the most athletic PG of all time. Top 3 in quickness, speed, stamina, strength, vertical and #1 in durability/endurance.

KungFuJoe
11-22-2012, 12:13 AM
I agree Iverson doesn't belong. He's fast as hell and one of the toughest SOBs to ever play, but he isn't close to being the athletic freak that guys like Rose, Westbrook are. Even guys like Robert Pack, Kevin Johnson, etc, I would consider more athletic little guys than Iverson.

SHAQisGOAT
11-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Westbrook/Kevin Johnson
Jordan/Carter
LeBron/Wilkins
Kemp/Barkley
Wilt/Shaq

hm: julius, david robinson, muggsy, webb, iverson, nate robinson, griffin......

tikay0
11-22-2012, 12:20 AM
PG-Rose/John Wall
SG-MJ/Clyde/VC
SF-LBJ/Wilkins/Dr. J
PF-Kemp/barkley/prime Mcdysse
C-Wilt/Robinson/Shaq(Orlando)

pauk
11-22-2012, 12:25 AM
For me its:

C - Shaquille Oneal, have not seen prime Wilt play, only some myths and legends... but Shaq? That guy was the most physically/athletically dominant force i ever seen from any position...

PF - Shawn Kemp was the most overall athletic PF ive ever seen, he could run like a gazelle, was uber strong, agile, quick, explosive and had a nasty vertical... but it was for such a short time, i would choose Charles Barkley or Karl Malone if i would include longevity on that department...

SF - Lebron James, its not really debatable imo, 44" vertical, 4.4 sec 40 yard dash (from one end to the other probably was the fastest player in the NBA believe it or not), quick, super strong, agile.. at 6'9-260... he had maybe the best combination of size, speed, quickness, strength, vertical, cardio ever...

SG - Michael Jordan, 48" vertical, at his best was maybe as fast/quick as anybody ever, very strong, major athletic longevity...

PG - Robert Pack, Spud Webb, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, John Wall, Steve Francis..... this is a very tough one...

KungFuJoe
11-22-2012, 12:30 AM
I forgot about Kemp...replace Garnett with him

Graviton
11-22-2012, 12:30 AM
PG is easy, Westbrook is at or above everyone in all categories, but he hasn't missed a game since high school despite his dangerous playstyle. That includes College, NBA, FIBA, Olympics. He is the damn Terminator.

I would put Rose above him due to his superior strength, vertical and agility when changing direction. But his body really broke down last season and dropped him to #2.

pauk
11-22-2012, 12:37 AM
PG is easy, Westbrook is at or above everyone in all categories, but he hasn't missed a game since high school despite his dangerous playstyle. That includes College, NBA, FIBA, Olympics. He is the damn Terminator.

I would put Rose above him due to his superior strength, vertical and agility when changing direction. But his body really broke down last season and dropped him to #2.

Good point, Westbrook sure is a cyborg...

I am leaning towards Rose in terms of peak overall athleticism, but Westbrook probably/arguably matches Rose while never missing a game / slowing down... so far... but then we have also John Wall.... argh...

tikay0
11-22-2012, 12:40 AM

Actually, I consider John Wall more athletic than both Rose and Westbrook, from a pure explosion stand point.

1) Wall
1a) Rose

2) Westbrook

You also forgot Rose and Wall are faster than Westbrook in terms of end to end speed. Wall is definitely faster than both. I'm a Rose homer, and can admit that. The thing Rose has on EVERYONE, is his agility, and body control. 2nd to none.

Graviton
11-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Actually I consider John Wall more athletic than both Rose and Westbrook, from a pure explosion stand point.

1) Wall
1a) Rose

2) Westbrook
Nah, Wall is faster in a straight line, but he sucks at control, often turning the ball over or bricking an easy layup. His durability/stamina isn't as good either. He is the more creative dunker though, but Westbrook/Rose have actually posterized lot of bigs and even 7 footers. So I don't see how Wall is more explosive, all he can do is go slightly faster baseline to baseline, but basketball is played in the halfcourt and Wall's "functional" athleticism is sorely lacking there.

Westbrook is stronger, more durable than Wall on top of being quicker in bursts. All Wall has on Rose/Westbrook is faster sustained speed which is useless in basketball.

tikay0
11-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Nah, Wall is faster in a straight line, but he sucks at control, often turning the ball over or bricking an easy layup. His durability/stamina isn't as good either. He is the more creative dunker though, but Westbrook/Rose have actually posterized lot of bigs and even 7 footers. So I don't see how Wall is more explosive, all he can do is go slightly faster baseline to baseline, but basketball is played in the halfcourt and Wall's "functional" athleticism is sorely lacking there.

Westbrook is stronger, more durable than Wall on top of being quicker in bursts. All Wall has on Rose/Westbrook is faster sustained speed which is useless in basketball.

Wall is more athletic overall than Westbrook. It's clear as day when he plays. I think Westbrook is just as stiff as Wall, except he has better handles, and a jumper. That's what separates them as players. But, we're not talking about whose the better player. We're talking athlete.

Rose on the other hand, is great in every athletic category, while being the master in agility/body control.

So, I guess Rose then.

plowking
11-22-2012, 01:04 AM
LOL at MJ and Lebron having a 48 and 44 inch vertical.

Pauk, you keep proving you're an idiot.

Graviton
11-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Wall is more athletic overall than Westbrook. It's clear as day when he plays. Westbrook has just as many control issues as Wall, except he's a better player, and has a much better jumper. That's really the only difference I see between the 2.

Rose on the other hand, is great in every athletic category, while being the mast in agility/body control.

So, I guess Rose then.

Durability/endurance should be important too, athleticism is useless if you can't stay on the court to show it. Rose/Wall may have SLIGHT advantages in end to end speed, but Westbrook has a HUGE advantage in durability, stamina, endurance. That's the difference.

ZaaaaaH
11-22-2012, 01:13 AM
PG. WB/Rose
SG. Jordan/Carter
SF. LeBron/T-Mac
PF. Blake/Barkley
C. Wilt/Shaq

Cake

AngelEyes
11-22-2012, 01:16 AM
pg: Rose/ Westbrook

sg: Jordan/ Carter

SF: Lebron james

PF: Shawn Kemp

C: David Robinson/Shaq

tikay0
11-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Durability/endurance should be important too, athleticism is useless if you can't stay on the court to show it. Rose/Wall may have SLIGHT advantages in end to end speed, but Westbrook has a HUGE advantage in durability, stamina, endurance. That's the difference.

That's true. I don't know about stamina/endurance though. Rose is the deadliest in the 4th quarter.

But, I'll definitely give Westbrook, durability. The dude is like Wolverine when it comes to that.

AngelEyes
11-22-2012, 01:20 AM
That's true. I don't know about stamina/endurance though. Rose is the deadliest in the 4th quarter.

But, I'll definitely give Westbrook, durability. The dude is like Wolverine when it comes to that.

Him and Andre Miller. Obviously Andre lacks in the athletic department but the guy is apparently made out of steel.

Collie
11-22-2012, 01:21 AM
I'd say AI is the most athletic PG, if you consider him one. Guys like Westbrook and Rose are insane athletes, but I don't get the same feeling watching them as I did AI. His coordination, stamina and quickness were so unreal. The guy was averaging 11+ FTA per fame as a 5 foot something point guard.

The guy is FOURTH, fourth all time in minutes per game with 41.1 in his career. The only guys who logged more minutes were Wilt, Bill and Oscar - and that was during a different era.

Graviton
11-22-2012, 01:21 AM

Rose is Westbrook with a brain and patience lol. They are supposed to be best friends, don't know why Westbrook doesn't learn some floaters from Rose.

SHAQisGOAT
11-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Kevin Johnson not getting any love here, before injuries dude was really fast and could jump out of the gym and dunk on anybody.

Also T-Mac was athletic but not as athletic as Nique

tikay0
11-22-2012, 01:27 AM
Rose is Westbrook with a brain and patience lol. They are supposed to be best friends, don't know why Westbrook doesn't learn some floaters from Rose.

He has Shaq syndrome. He knows how talented/athletic he is. So he works on his game, but only on his strengths, I'm guessing.

I think Rose, truly looks at himself as a blank canvas. Like he hasn't mastered anything yet. He strives for perfection, and that's his end goal. To become so good, that he'll lead the Bulls to a chip, by himself.

Bulls F/O is such a got damn joke!

KungFuJoe
11-22-2012, 01:27 AM
Kevin Johnson not getting any love here, before injuries dude was really fast and could jump out of the gym and dunk on anybody.

Also T-Mac was athletic but not as athletic as Nique

I mentioned Kevin Johnson earlier in this thread but still had him below Rose, but definitely above AI.

tikay0
11-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Him and Andre Miller. Obviously Andre lacks in the athletic department but the guy is apparently made out of steel.

Lol. I always though he was injury prone for some reason. Maybe it's his physique.

andgar923
11-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Westbrook has bad balance, the dude jumps the wrong way all the time, his coordination is off more times than not.

I'd take either Rose or Francis over him.

CavaliersFTW
11-22-2012, 01:29 AM
So many people here are forgetting about Dr. J... I mean, TMAC!???!? come on. Dr. J shits all over guys like Tmac

AngelEyes
11-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Westbrook has bad balance, the dude jumps the wrong way all the time, his coordination is off more times than not.

I'd take either Rose or Francis over him.

Prime Baron Davis is awfully close to Steve Francis.

SHAQisGOAT
11-22-2012, 01:30 AM
So many people here are forgetting about Dr. J... I mean, TMAC!???!? come on. Dr. J shits all over guys like Tmac

True, 3rd at SF after Bron and Nique

andgar923
11-22-2012, 01:36 AM
Prime Baron Davis is awfully close to Steve Francis.

True, although Steve is a bit more smoother.

tikay0
11-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Funny how I used to think, you couldn't get more athletic than Baron Davis/Stever Francis at the PG position. Then Rose/Westbrook/Wall come along, and your like, :eek: :wtf:

Money 23
11-22-2012, 03:50 AM
Funny how I used to think, you couldn't get more athletic than Baron Davis/Stever Francis at the PG position. Then Rose/Westbrook/Wall come along, and your like, :eek: :wtf:
Francis and Baron Davis are as athletic as all of them apart from Rose.

Breezy
11-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Are we talking about pure athletecism, as in combine numbers? If so then cue the scrubs parading their way to the top of all positions.

True dat! when questions like this get asked there is an implied element of league success behind everyone's answers. Eliot williams (Injured blazers player who nobody knows about) has a 48 inch vert, is lightning quick and strong. I don't see what argument you could make for Jordan over him in terms of pure athleticism Other than "6 RINGS BITCHES!!!!"

Toizumi
11-22-2012, 06:31 AM
PG: Nate Robinson. Strength, speed, jumping ability.. definitely him.

Rubio2Gasol
11-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Westbrook
Carter
Lebron
Rodman
Wilt.

SyRyanYang
11-22-2012, 07:13 AM
PG: Nate Robinson. Strength, speed, jumping ability.. definitely him.
Not if you count length as part of the package.

Teanett
11-22-2012, 07:50 AM
westbrook
jordan
lebron
rodman
wilt

Zodiac
11-22-2012, 09:37 AM
...Wut?

Anyhow, Jeff Teague. Everyone in here talks about Rose and Westbrook, Teague has shut down Westbrook the majority of the times he's played him and we all remember the 2010 Playoffs.

WillC
11-22-2012, 02:17 PM
C - Wilt Chamberlain
PF - Shawn Kemp
SF - LeBron James
SG - Michael Jordan
PG - Derrick Rose

Toizumi
11-22-2012, 02:46 PM

Length = athleticism? :biggums:
Being tall and being athletic are two different things, and Robinson is certainly the latter