PDA

View Full Version : Gasol has got to be traded for athleticism and depth

konex
11-22-2012, 12:54 AM
This team is going nowhere as presently constituted. Bench is ass and we have no athletes outside of Dwight

SevereUpInHere
11-22-2012, 12:56 AM
Amare is athletic and deep.

bmulls
11-22-2012, 12:58 AM
Do we really need to make this thread every time the Lakers are losing? The game isn't even over ffs

DuMa
11-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Laker Fans: MY TEAM NEEDS MORE HELP!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mr. Incredible
11-22-2012, 01:41 AM
:roll: :oldlol: :lol

excuses. excuses.

What's next? Trade Dwight?

AngelEyes
11-22-2012, 01:44 AM
No need to overreact Lakers fans.

bluechox2
11-22-2012, 01:45 AM
:lol what about those great high low passes to dwight

mjokc
11-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Laker fans 3 months ago:
"WE GOT DWIGHT, NASH, KOBE, GASOL, WE DA BESS COME AT ME BRO!"

Laker fans today:

"GASOL'S ***** BE TOO WET"

tmacattack33
11-22-2012, 01:57 AM
:roll:

Fine, go ahead and do it.

Almost every one of Dwight's point for the past few games has come off of a beautiful Gasol pass. And no other big man in the game besides KG and maybe Marc Gasol has the vision that Gasol does.

Dwight is already playing sub par. Take away his points off of Gasol passes, and the talk in town would be to trade Dwight.

tikay0
11-22-2012, 02:00 AM
Went from championship cruise, to this.......:facepalm

konex
11-22-2012, 02:02 AM
:roll:

Fine, go ahead and do it.

Almost every one of Dwight's point for the past few games has come off of a beautiful Gasol pass. And no other big man in the game besides KG and maybe Marc Gasol has the vision that Gasol does.

Dwight is already playing sub par. Take away his points off of Gasol passes, and the talk in town would be to trade Dwight.

Sorry but we don't need a PF for passing and long-range jumpers. We need rebounds, defense and scoring in the paint. I would rather have Hill at PF and some actual perimeter talent off the bench...especially when Nash gets back

ClutchOver9000
11-22-2012, 02:05 AM

:lol

DeuceWallaces
11-22-2012, 02:06 AM
Sorry but we don't need a PF for passing and long-range jumpers. We need rebounds, defense and scoring in the paint. I would rather have Hill at PF and some actual perimeter talent off the bench...especially when Nash gets back

Yeah if only the Lakers had someone who could rebound, defend, and score in the paint...

Oh wait.

****ing idiot.

HorryIsMyMVP
11-22-2012, 02:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b573wel

konex
11-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Yeah if only the Lakers had someone who could rebound, defend, and score in the paint...

Oh wait.

****ing idiot.

Dwight can't score in the paint unless it's a putback or PnR. He is kind of worthless in the halfcourt vs. good defensive teams.

HorryIsMyMVP
11-22-2012, 02:19 AM
Dwight can't score in the paint unless it's a putback or PnR. He is kind of worthless in the halfcourt vs. good defensive teams.
He isn't worthless, lol. They just foul him. And PNR doesn't give him a chance to get fouled. It would just be dunks and 3 point plays. But the Lakers don't really have someone good enough at passing to do that night in and night out. Unless Nash gets healthy. They will just have to live with being mediocre and squeezing into the play offs.

wang4three
11-22-2012, 02:20 AM
Only Laker fans can complain that they don't have enough pieces for their team. There are so many teams making more with less that it isn't even funny. Y'all are like the spoiled rich kid who complains that they don't have the newest maserati on the block.

B-Easy8
11-22-2012, 02:21 AM
Gasol and Ebanks for Derrick Williams, Ridnour and Stiemsma?

DeuceWallaces
11-22-2012, 02:30 AM

All he does is score in the paint. Cry me a river bitch ass Laker fans.

#1SportsFan86
11-22-2012, 03:12 AM
Only Laker fans can complain that they don't have enough pieces for their team. There are so many teams making more with less that it isn't even funny. Y'all are like the spoiled rich kid who complains that they don't have the newest maserati on the block.

:applause:

MJ(Mean John)
11-22-2012, 03:34 AM

Interesting.

What is is that you would say if YOU were a laker fan ?

TheBigVeto
11-22-2012, 04:15 AM
Just get Lebron, Kevin Love and Bosh. Problem solved. Do it Mitch!

FPJ
11-22-2012, 04:24 AM

Howard for Brook Lopez :D

konex
11-22-2012, 04:26 AM
Howard for Brook Lopez :D

Howard isn't the problem. He actually plays D. Pau is the guy who needs to go.

oh the horror
11-22-2012, 04:26 AM
You know, people can clown, but I agree with Konex on this one.

Unfortunately this is the team we have. I dont see them winning the chip with the bench they have. They have literally like ....Jordan Hill, plus ....wild cards.

Lakers are okay. Chances are, theyre going to let contracts expire, and do the signing game down the road.

Just enjoy the current show...its interesting.

eriX
11-22-2012, 04:34 AM

giving away two talented first round picks for gasol? :biggums:

andgar923
11-22-2012, 04:41 AM
This team is going nowhere as presently constituted. Bench is ass and we have no athletes outside of Dwight
Because as we all know, the league is full of 7 foot players that are smart, can pass, can shoot, rebound, set screens, can post up and even drive. The league is full of 7 footers with exceptional footwork, balance, skill, fundamentals, etc.etc.

Go for it!

creepingdeath
11-22-2012, 04:49 AM
Howard isn't the problem. He actually plays D. Pau is the guy who needs to go.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/185vzgyox9zrjgif/cmt-medium.gif

konex
11-22-2012, 04:50 AM
Because as we all know, the league is full of 7 foot players that are smart, can pass, can shoot, rebound, set screens, can post up and even drive. The league is full of 7 footers with exceptional footwork, balance, skill, fundamentals, etc.etc.

Go for it!

Last time I checked, 7 footers ain't running this league. It's all about PGs and superstar wing-players.

I would rather have Rondo than Pau or even Dwight to be perfectly honest...

el gringos
11-22-2012, 05:44 AM
Pau + artest
For
Stuckey + tayshaun prince + Jonas Jerebko

Lebron23
11-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Trade Gasol for Andrea Bargnani.

All Net
11-22-2012, 10:35 AM
You know, people can clown, but I agree with Konex on this one.

Unfortunately this is the team we have. I dont see them winning the chip with the bench they have. They have literally like ....Jordan Hill, plus ....wild cards.

Lakers are okay. Chances are, theyre going to let contracts expire, and do the signing game down the road.

Just enjoy the current show...its interesting.

Certainly never dull :lol

chazzy
11-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Pau + artest
For
Stuckey + tayshaun prince + Jonas Jerebko
Detroit and Artest = <3

Kurosawa0
11-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Let's wait and see how they do when Nash comes back before writing off the Lakers with Gasol.

Qwertyazerty
11-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Depth means getting more than one piece for one piece. The more pieces you'll add, the more time you'll need to adapt. So I'm not sure it will make the Lakers automatically better for this season.

Next season Pau will be a very capable player in contract year with a huge expiring contract ($ 19.3M). He'll be interesting for teams looking for an instant upgrade and those looking to rebuild. As an experienced and skilled veteran to help the younger guys that'd free big money. Plus adding the possibility of resigning him for cheaper if he feels he fits in that team.

That's why I think this is probably the worst timing for trading Pau since we've heard about that possibility.

Rekindled
11-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Let's wait and see how they do when Nash comes back before writing off the Lakers with Gasol.

nash isnt going to fix the fact that Gasol is too slow to play the 4. as long as gasol is not playing the center postion, he is nowhere as effective on offense, and worseless on defense

Zodiac
11-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Inb4 the hurr durr Pau Gasol for Josh Smith, Teague, and Morrow posts

La Frescobaldi
11-22-2012, 11:39 AM

A team's general manager would be a complete dolt to trade Gasol at this time.

dazzer87
11-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Typical laker fan......always trying to trade or get someone fired after a loss. How about this.....THIS TEAM SUCK. And once your 55 year old pg come back, you guys going to still suck.

IGOTGAME
11-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Honestly think this team would have been better in the long run with Mike Brown(championship level with Phil Jackson). The Princeton was a good offense, they just needed time to learn it and get used to it. This team isnt as good as people are saying they are. People are caught up with how good these players used to be. They need a system that puts everyone's talent together and Mike D doesn't even try to do that. You can't beat younger more athletic teams while going away from your strength. The strength of this team is not pick and roll and it isn't jumpshooting. They are just not built to be a high scoring team.

In a playoff series, I think the Lakers could easily lose in the first round. If Howard isnt back to his normal self I would almost expect them to lose to Memphis, LAC, OKC, SAS.

A Roc 23
11-22-2012, 12:17 PM
The original SSOL Phoenix Suns only went 6 deep. 7 When they got Jim Jackson at the end of his career. But I agree that the Lakers could use more athleticism.

Once Nash is back they will look a lot better. When you only have 5 good players (6 if you count Hill) and you're missing 20% of them (1/5) you're going to struggle.

I think once they get going Nash is going to help the shooters off the bench, and hopefully he'll spark Gasol. The Lakers are a team of veterans, many of whom have reputations as top defenders at the position. Once the offense is flowing and everything is clicking I think you'l see the defensive effort improve.

The Lakers need 1) Nash back and 2) someone like Meeks to become a consistent shooter off the bench.

They shouldn't make any moves just yet unless it's an obvious win.

Rekindled
11-22-2012, 12:32 PM
The original SSOL Phoenix Suns only went 6 deep. 7 When they got Jim Jackson at the end of his career. But I agree that the Lakers could use more athleticism.

Once Nash is back they will look a lot better. When you only have 5 good players (6 if you count Hill) and you're missing 20% of them (1/5) you're going to struggle.

I think once they get going Nash is going to help the shooters off the bench, and hopefully he'll spark Gasol. The Lakers are a team of veterans, many of whom have reputations as top defenders at the position. Once the offense is flowing and everything is clicking I think you'l see the defensive effort improve.

The Lakers need 1) Nash back and 2) someone like Meeks to become a consistent shooter off the bench.

They shouldn't make any moves just yet unless it's an obvious win.

no their problem is trying to play a center as a powerforward, it doesnt and hasnt worked for 3years.

Whoah10115
11-22-2012, 12:40 PM

:oldlol:

Tking714
11-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol and Kwame brown. Get it done

A Roc 23
11-22-2012, 12:41 PM
no their problem is trying to play a center as a powerforward, it doesnt and hasnt worked for 3years.

:wtf:

Bynum and Gasol worked well. You're not going to convince me that all their success happened with Odom in the game. Some of their best runs over the last half decade have been with Gasol and Bynum playing well together.

I'm not sure Dwight is that much more of a natural centre than Bynum to be able to dismiss the past 5 years and claim Gasol can't play PF (the position he's played for the bulk of his career).

irondarts
11-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Stupidest trade ever.

Why would a rebuilding Bobcats team give up 2 of their youngest stars along with Gordon and Thomas for 3 aging declining players. two of which aren't good at all.

Whoah10115
11-22-2012, 12:47 PM

:roll: :roll:

Skywalker
11-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Derozan/Bargnani/Kleiza for Gasol/Filler

Rekindled
11-22-2012, 01:06 PM
:wtf:

Bynum and Gasol worked well. You're not going to convince me that all their success happened with Odom in the game. Some of their best runs over the last half decade have been with Gasol and Bynum playing well together.

I'm not sure Dwight is that much more of a natural centre than Bynum to be able to dismiss the past 5 years and claim Gasol can't play PF (the position he's played for the bulk of his career).

bynum started to break out in 2010 and had his best year in 2011, both years gasol sucked. and lakers were out in 2nd round.

bynum didnt play at all in 09 championship run, and averaged less than 20min per game in '10 championship run.

Whoah10115
11-22-2012, 01:25 PM
bynum started to break out in 2010 and had his best year in 2011, both years gasol sucked. and lakers were out in 2nd round.

bynum didnt play at all in 09 championship run, and averaged less than 20min per game in '10 championship run.

Lakers won the title in 2010, buddy.

2010, 2011 = the two best seasons of Gasol's career so far. So, you have to accept that you're wrong.

2012 = his worst season as a Laker = an all-star caliber player. Declining? Yeah. But still very good.

lakerspng
11-22-2012, 01:40 PM
I love pau. He is a great asset to the team. I just wish he would get some damn fire back in his game. He is slower than before and more passive. Bad combination. I think having Nash back will help but honestly he just were to find his balls. We would never get back the caliber player he is in a trade anyway.

And Dwight needs to learn how to be effective against a zone defense or well see it every game. He's useless against the zone.

That said, lakers will be fine. Last night we just did not match sacramento's intensity. They always play us like its the end of the world. They could give a crap about losing every other game as long as they can beat the Lakers. Such a pathetic organization

andgar923
11-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Last time I checked, 7 footers ain't running this league. It's all about PGs and superstar wing-players.

I would rather have Rondo than Pau or even Dwight to be perfectly honest...
you're dumber then we thought.

White Mamba
11-22-2012, 01:58 PM

Yessssssssssss we going to win it all now:cheers:

Shepseskaf
11-22-2012, 02:03 PM
So, I guess the Lakers won't challenge for the all-time record in wins this year? :lol

Gasol must be so sick of being the butt of fan angst. When he's gone, you'll find out what his true value was.

dazzer87
11-22-2012, 04:13 PM
So, I guess the Lakers won't challenge for the all-time record in wins this year? :lol
What are you talking about??? We are still on pace for it. We only lost 6 games so far. Wait till our 55 yr old pg come back.....73-9! Book it......

daily
11-22-2012, 04:19 PM
If you actually watched the games you'd see Gasol consistently beats Howard down the court in transistion

COnDEMnED
11-22-2012, 05:24 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/185vzgyox9zrjgif/cmt-medium.gif
THIS IS AMAZING