PDA

View Full Version : After Seeing How Kobe is Still Dominating, Imagine if Jordan Played in this Era...

Foster5k
11-22-2012, 06:08 AM
Would be game over. Jordan would murder this league. Kobe is like the carbon copy of Michael Jordan. Kobe is still dominating the league, even at his current age. Imagine if Jordan played in this era. OMG! Dude would be unstoppable.

So, to all the people that say Jordan wouldn't be as good in this league, just look at what Kobe is doing and has done in this league. Then note that Kobe is basically a lower tier copy of Jordan.

Now.. imagine Michael freaking Jordan in today's game. Air Jordan would take the league by storm and instantly sit on the top of the throne.

Yeah.. Lebron is good as hell. Kevin Durant is amazing. Kobe is Kobe...

But Jordan... is the GOAT.

Breezy
11-22-2012, 06:30 AM
Don't get too crazy I do think Jordan is the best Nba player of all time and better than Kobe but He's not like he would be scoring 50ppg or anything. he would probably get his averages. 30ppg on 50% shooting 6 rebounds 5 assists. and with the way the east looks right now probably if you stuck him on the bulls they'd be a contender. It'd be tough for him to get by the heat though. a ring would definitely be a possibility.

LockoutOver11
11-22-2012, 06:38 AM
Don't get too crazy I do think Jordan is the best Nba player of all time and better than Kobe but He's not like he would be scoring 50ppg or anything. he would probably get his averages. 30ppg on 50% shooting 6 rebounds 5 assists. and with the way the east looks right now probably if you stuck him on the bulls they'd be a contender. It'd be tough for him to get by the heat though. a ring would definitely be a possibility.

i like that :applause:

KOBE143
11-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Would be game over. Jordan would murder this league. Kobe is like the carbon copy of Michael Jordan. Kobe is still dominating the league, even at his current age. Imagine if Jordan played in this era. OMG! Dude would be unstoppable.

So, to all the people that say Jordan wouldn't be as good in this league, just look at what Kobe is doing and has done in this league. Then note that Kobe is basically a lower tier copy of Jordan.

Now.. imagine Michael freaking Jordan in today's game. Air Jordan would take the league by storm and instantly sit on the top of the throne.

Yeah.. Lebron is good as hell. Kevin Durant is amazing. Kobe is Kobe...

But Jordan... is the GOAT.
:facepalm

Jordan in his 15th season in the NBA was only putting 20ppg, 40%fg compared to Kobe 17th season with 26ppg, 53%fg..

Yeah.. Dominate my ass..

LoneyROY7
11-22-2012, 07:18 AM

Jordan in his 15th season in the NBA was only putting 20ppg, 40%fg compared to Kobe 17th season with 26ppg, 53%fg..

Yeah.. Dominate my ass..

:roll:

Mike was 39 that season, tweedle-dee. At 34, MJ was averaging 29 ppg.

joeysms55
11-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Kobe dominating? ROFL...... 6-6

Breezy
11-22-2012, 08:01 AM

Yeah.. Dominate my ass..

Jordan was pushing 40 in that season so that's obviously a ridiculous comparison. Here are Jordan's averages of his first 12 games after he turned 34.

30ppg 5apg 5 rpg.

Basically the same as kobe with a few more ppg. Kobe actually has the better field goal % though. so props to him. he's playin out of his mind right now.

poido123
11-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Jordan was pushing 40 in that season so that's obviously a ridiculous comparison. Here are Jordan's averages of his first 12 games after he turned 34.

30ppg 5apg 5 rpg.

Basically the same as kobe with a few more ppg. Kobe actually has the better field goal % though. so props to him. he's playin out of his mind right now.

Its only been 10 games.

Jordan would smoke this league today. But whatifs are pointless.

lebeast666
11-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Kobe putting up meaningless stats with his allstar team. He ain't been getting them wins

Dragonyeuw
11-22-2012, 09:01 AM

You mean tweedle-dum.

Rysio
11-22-2012, 09:29 AM

still was more athletic than current kobe. mamba just more skilled. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

lilgodfather1
11-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Wait a minute so you think a prime Mike would be a good player today? Well that's just crazy he was guarded by short, fat, and unathletic players because he played in a weak era.

Seriusly though MJ would be great individual player in any era. Would he have the same success, i.e. winning 6 titles, well I don't think so because of the nature of the league today. Too many top players are trying to build dynasty's together to allow for one team to get 6 titles imo, but you never know for sure.

I do know that he wouldn't have a player on his team near the level of Scottie Pippen at SF though because the two players that are as good or better than Pippen both play on stacked teams atm.

That said who knows maybe MJ would be playing with Love in Minni, or Aldridge in Portland. We just don't know what team he would be playing with, but I think it's safe to say it most likely wouldn't be the Bulls.

Breezy
11-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Its only been 10 games.

Jordan would smoke this league today. But whatifs are pointless.

I took the first 12 games after Jordan turned 34. his birthday was in the middle of the season while Kobe's is in the summer. So it's not a perfect comparison but it is the first 12 regular season games that each played at the age of 34.

I do think that even a 34 year old Jordan would be considered the best player in today's league but it would be a conversation between him and lebron.

sekachu
11-22-2012, 10:11 AM

Yeah.. Dominate my ass..

Jordan was 20ppg with 44%fg at age 39 playing with scrub in 2003 which was one of the toughest defensive year while kobe plays with one of the best lineup . Not sure today defense is better than in 2003 though.

bluechox2
11-22-2012, 10:21 AM
jordan would still be jordan at kobes age

lilgodfather1
11-22-2012, 10:22 AM
jordan would still be jordan at kobes age
Not if he changed his name.

swi7ch
11-22-2012, 10:38 AM

Yeah.. Dominate my ass..
Yeah, how old was Jordan in his 15th season compared to Kobe's age in his 17th?

swi7ch
11-22-2012, 10:40 AM
But whatifs are pointless.
These kinds of whatifs are not. You get to see which ISH posters are kids (meaning never saw Jordan played in his prime and only started watching basketball during Kobe's years). :oldlol:

15 years from now, not Jordan or Kobe or LBJ would be GOAT. Kids then will be talking about Irving or someboedy else as the GOAT. :roll:

Vertical-24
11-22-2012, 11:40 AM
34 year-old MJ taking Kobe's spot on the Lakeshow?

27.8ppg 5.6rpg 4.7apg 51%fg (due to good spacing) 84%ft 34%3P

34 year old MJ on the current Chicago Bulls?

29.2ppg 5.8rpg 4.5apg 48%fg 84%ft 35%3P
I really would've loved to see how the GOAT would've handled some of the complex defenses of today. I think he and LeBron would be neck-and-neck in the MVP race. That says a lot for a 34 year-old man vs. a 27 year-old one lol

Also, kudos to Kobe for his amazing longevity and terrific / extremely smart play so far this season. Hope it continues! And no one can blame Kobe for the Lakers' woes. It all mostly has to do with depth, chemistry (both teammate and coaching), and silly mistakes. I definitely think the Lakers will pick-up pace extremely soon. I'm excited to see what happens

blablabla
11-22-2012, 12:35 PM
34 year-old MJ taking Kobe's spot on the Lakeshow?

27.8ppg 5.6rpg 4.7apg 51%fg (due to good spacing) 84%ft 34%3P

34 year old MJ on the current Chicago Bulls?

29.2ppg 5.8rpg 4.5apg 48%fg 84%ft 35%3P
I really would've loved to see how the GOAT would've handled some of the complex defenses of today. I think he and LeBron would be neck-and-neck in the MVP race. That says a lot for a 34 year-old man vs. a 27 year-old one lol

Also, kudos to Kobe for his amazing longevity and terrific / extremely smart play so far this season. Hope it continues! And no one can blame Kobe for the Lakers' woes. It all mostly has to do with depth, chemistry (both teammate and coaching), and silly mistakes. I definitely think the Lakers will pick-up pace extremely soon. I'm excited to see what happens
i admire people who can predict stats this accurately
You must be a real basketball expert friend:applause:

kennethgriffin
11-22-2012, 12:42 PM
its not the era.. its kobe

see vince, iverson, tmac etc...

kobes just takes care of his body.

jordan was blowing dunks in his 14th and 15th seasons

kobe still does them with ease in his 17th season

jordan taking multiple years off didn't help his body. it made him gain allot of weight.

jordan went up to 216-220 pounds in his years with the wizards

he was getting chunky in the face. and was losing arm definition.

you could tell it was all fat he gained and not muscle

thats the difference that sets kobe apart from the rest. guys like him, karl malone and kareem just stayed in shape and always ate the right things, never took years off. they put in the work

jordan was lazy half the time. he ended up lookin like tmac with his fat face and no lift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbe_ewotVg

Segatti
11-22-2012, 12:46 PM

jordan taking multiple years off didn't help his body. it made him gain allot of weight.

thats the difference that sets kobe apart from the rest. guys like him, karl malone and kareem just stayed in shape and always ate the right things, never took years off. they put in the work

jordan was lazy half the time. he ended up lookin like tmac with his fat face and no lift

This shit can't be serious.

EMERE
11-22-2012, 12:47 PM
I have no idea why this forum has always had this weird fetish of comparing Kobe and Jordan.

DuMa
11-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Kobe dominating? ROFL...... 6-6

dominating on a .500 team. yeah that sounds like Kobe alright.

Zedja
11-22-2012, 12:52 PM

Please shut the **** up.

kennethgriffin
11-22-2012, 01:02 PM
This shit can't be serious.

jordan year 13 vs year 15 ( 6 years later 1998 to 2003 )

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/cashforcards/grewggyfd.png

kobe year 10 vs year 17 ( 6 years later 2006 to 2013 )

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/cashforcards/juujuijij.png

this is what taking time off does to your body. kobe also eats the right things and keeps in shape. is much more motivated nonstop than jordan was.

and kobe can still dunk with ease in his 17th season. jordan was missing wide open easy dunks with the wiz

EMERE
11-22-2012, 01:03 PM
dominating on a .500 team. yeah that sounds like Kobe alright.DuMa, entering every single thread related to Kobe since 2008. I think you need to be hospitalized for mental illness. No joke. I'm worried about you

kennethgriffin
11-22-2012, 01:32 PM
well i killed this thread off pretty quick

:lol

KG215
11-22-2012, 02:51 PM
well i killed this thread off pretty quick

:lol
No, another one of your incredibly stupid posts just have people :facepalm themselves because it's incredibly creepy how obsessed you are and how stupid you are.

Heilige
11-22-2012, 03:26 PM

Why do you think Michael Jordan was lazy half the time? Kobe emulated his work ethic after Jordan.

kennethgriffin
11-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Why do you think Michael Jordan was lazy half the time? Kobe emulated his work ethic after Jordan.

are you kidding me?

he retired 3 times

he skipped a possible 5 seasons ( 94,95,99,00,01 )

he came into 94-95 out of shape

he came into 01-02 waaay out of shape

he skips 1996 olympics based on pure laziness

he was 20 pounds over weight with the wizards ( see pictures above )

kobe has waaaaaaay more dedication than jordan. its why kobe is arguably the best performer this season in his 17th year and jordan didn't have an all nba level season since his 13th year

kobe never comes into camp out of shape

kobe has never been overweight

kobe has played 17 years straight with no breaks and playoffs in all but one of them

no one is a harder worker than kobe. kobe always has motivation. jordan loses his the minute he starts doing great or not doing well

honestly who skips a possible 4 peat ( TWICE )

KG215
11-22-2012, 04:29 PM
kobe has waaaaaaay more dedication than jordan. its why kobe is arguably the best performer this season in his 17th year and jordan didn't have an all nba level season since his 13th year

It's scary how clueless you are.

upside24
11-22-2012, 04:32 PM

:lol Why do people forget MJ played at Carolina?

upside24
11-22-2012, 04:36 PM
are you kidding me?

he retired 3 times

kobe has played 17 years straight with no breaks and playoffs in all but one of them

no one is a harder worker than kobe. kobe always has motivation. jordan loses his the minute he starts doing great or not doing well

What kind of NBA League Pass do you have where you get to see the workouts of every NBA player ever? Shit must cost a fortune.

KG215
11-22-2012, 04:52 PM
What kind of NBA League Pass do you have where you get to see the workouts of every NBA player ever? Shit must cost a fortune.
It's fact. Everyone knows that. Griff said it, so it's indisputable fact.

elementally morale
11-22-2012, 05:30 PM
kobe has waaaaaaay more dedication than jordan

Sounds crazy at first, but I think it's true. It is understandable though. Jordan liked challenge, but he didn't have too much to prove after the 1st threepeat. Much less after the second one. Kobe, as good as he is, still has a lot to prove. Not for his critics: he will never convince his critics, only Fatrher Time will. Kobe has things to prove to himself. He is a worse player tham MJ was. Not by much, but clearly worse. The field he can beat MJ at is longevity. And I think he will by a good margin.

Boston C's
11-22-2012, 06:36 PM
I rarely agree with kennethgriffin but he has a point in when jordan came back for the wizards...however when jordan was in the league up until he left in 98 his work ethic was unparalleled...just ask his teammates if you think otherwise...when jordan was in the league he didnt just dominate but he never took days off...his teammates always talked about how every practice was a battle and that he always wanted to win at everything no matter what

with that being said when jordan came back with the wizards that wasnt really planned at all...he just decided to come back and didn't really prepare for it...dude just saw he could play with his own team he assembled in practice and was the best player :lol ...to be honest though that says a lot how great jordan really was...not playing competitive bball for years and then deciding to come back and still play at a high level in the league

Poetry
11-22-2012, 10:27 PM
and kobe can still dunk with ease in his 17th season. jordan was missing wide open easy dunks with the wiz

Jordan permanently injured his finger during the '99 lockout season. He was never able to grip with regularity again, it affected his golf game too. There's a golf article from around 2007 that describes how he has to keep a loose grip on the club since he can't grasp it properly.

KG215
11-22-2012, 10:50 PM
with that being said when jordan came back with the wizards that wasnt really planned at all...he just decided to come back and didn't really prepare for it...dude just saw he could play with his own team he assembled in practice and was the best player :lol ...to be honest though that says a lot how great jordan really was...not playing competitive bball for years and then deciding to come back and still play at a high level in the league
At nearly 40 f***ing years old no less. But knowing Jordan, if he had been planning a comeback for awhile, he would've worked himself into better shape before actually returning to the league.

tmacattack33
11-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Kobe is doing great with his outside shot. He's been one of the top shooters in the league this year, right there with Steve Novak and Ray Allen. I'm serious.

MJ never even got close to that level. He was different. So i don't think u can just assume that he'd be dominating.

KG215
11-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Kobe is doing great with his outside shot. He's been one of the top shooters in the league this year, right there with Steve Novak and Ray Allen. I'm serious.

MJ never even got close to that level. He was different. So i don't think u can just assume that he'd be dominating.
Because he wasn't as good of a three point shooter as Kobe?

tmacattack33
11-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Because he wasn't as good of a three point shooter as Kobe?

Long-range shooting. It's a huge part of the game...especially for 34 year olds past their athletic prime.

Oh, and I was assuming we were talking about MJ in his 17th season or as a 34 year old....because obviously, 25 year old MJ would dominate just as much or more (probably more) than he did in real time.

Heilige
11-23-2012, 12:20 AM
are you kidding me?

he retired 3 times

MJ was lazy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peibLmDfOeE

Round Mound
11-23-2012, 02:58 AM
jordan year 13 vs year 15 ( 6 years later 1998 to 2003 )

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/cashforcards/grewggyfd.png

kobe year 10 vs year 17 ( 6 years later 2006 to 2013 )

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa280/cashforcards/juujuijij.png

this is what taking time off does to your body. kobe also eats the right things and keeps in shape. is much more motivated nonstop than jordan was.

:rolleyes:

You Must Be 20 Years Old At Most.

This was a 39-40 Year Old Jordan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQJprZGr5XI

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/50494_127804897234048_1592816_n.jpg

And Lets Not Forget the Fact Jordan did Not Play Pro Level for What 4 Years after his Retirement in 98?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-23-2012, 03:04 AM

Jordan was 40 years old. Of course he's going to look "plumpier".

Heilige
11-23-2012, 03:28 PM

Jordan was 40 years old. Of course he's going to look "plumpier".

Wonder what Kobe will look like at 40....

KG215
11-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Wonder what Kobe will look like at 40....
He will undoubtedly be a very lean 6'6" 195, and still dunking with ease, because Kobe's work ethic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Jordan's work ethic.

kennethgriffin
11-23-2012, 04:15 PM
He will undoubtedly be a very lean 6'6" 195, and still dunking with ease, because Kobe's work ethic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Jordan's work ethic.

probably...

and to the guy that said you just get "plumpier" with age

steve nash is 40 years old and just as skinny as ever. you don't get fat with age. you get fat with laziness

kobe has the same worth ethic and diet as nash. he'l be just as in shape.

kobes played the amount of minutes ( season, playoffs, olympics ) combined as a typical 40 year old would have gone through by now

yet hes still quick, still dunks, still gets it done

so yes i believe kobe will be able to dunk with ease in 4-5 years. i also believe he could put up 24-25ppg at age 39-40

KG215
11-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Kobe's not just my favorite player. I'm in love with him. Not just your typical celebrity crush type of love, either. I'm obsessed with him. I spend nearly every waking hour thinking of Kobe and how perfect he is in every humanly possible way. He's a messiah who's been sent to earth to bless us all with his greatness, and I will tell others of his greatness and worship his every move until the day I die.
That's pretty much what I read every time you post.

kennethgriffin
11-23-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm in denial so much these days that i generally accept everything i disagree with in a sarcastic manner. since there is no point debating facts anymore and i have a hard time dealing with kobe bryant playing at such a high level when he should basically be retired by now. its to the point where i'm questioning my faith. i know deap down michael jordan isnt perfect either. and sure there are some things kobe obviously does better or is more gifted with. mainly being his longevity and work ethic. its hard to argue facts so i just like to downplay everything with a joke such as misquoting someone in the most direct obvious way possible such as writing long paragraphs rambling on and on with no end until my fingers seem to just give out on me.

That's pretty much what I read every time you post

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-23-2012, 04:36 PM

Not gonna lie, that was hilarious. :oldlol:

CAstill
11-23-2012, 04:44 PM

I feel the same. Lurking these boards is getting wack because he is
in every thread.

KG215
11-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Except you twist and manipulate facts then whine and complain when people don't agree with you. Yes, Kobe has a great work ethic, I'm not denying that. But you're manipulating information about another player in order to try and make Kobe look even better. It's the same shit just a different day with you.

Seriously man, stop obsessing so much over Kobe. He has no f***ing clue who you are and I can almost guarantee you he doesn't give two shits if you non-stop preach to others about his greatness.

CAstill
11-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Except you twist and manipulate facts then whine and complain when people don't agree with you. Yes, Kobe has a great work ethic, I'm not denying that. But you're manipulating information about another player in order to try and make Kobe look even better. It's the same shit just a different day with you.

Seriously man, stop obsessing so much over Kobe. He has no f***ing clue who you are and I can almost guarantee you he doesn't give two shits if you non-stop preach to others about his greatness.

Why are you so mad? I'm trying to enjoy this beautiful friday
after Thanksgiving and your energy is horrible. Go smoke one for real.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-23-2012, 04:53 PM
steve nash is 40 years old and just as skinny as ever. you don't get fat with age. you get fat with laziness

Of course Nash is going to be in better shape. He never retired. Mike was 3 years removed from the league working w/ Wizards management. When he finally decided to make a comeback, he broke his ribs in a pickup game w/ Artest. :oldlol: Dude had to play his way into shape all year.

Apples and oranges really. If you wanna know about his work-ethic, read Tim Grover's testimonials. Mike was a beast.

KG215
11-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Why are you so mad? I'm trying to enjoy this beautiful friday
after Thanksgiving and your energy is horrible. Go smoke one for real.
I'm sorry my "energy" on a message board is ruining day.

And no thanks, I don't smoke pot. I'll sit back and throw back a few, though, and enjoy some basketball in a few hours.

IGOTGAME
11-23-2012, 05:03 PM

You mad.

Money 23
Of course Nash is going to be in better shape. He never retired. Mike was 3 years removed from the league working w/ Wizards management. When he finally decided to make a comeback, he broke his ribs in a pickup game w/ Artest. :oldlol: Dude had to play his way into shape all year.
Not to mention how big MJ got physically in the years between 1999 - 2002. He gained a lot of weight. Go look at pics, or commercials for the Jordans within that time frame. He got Barkley type big ... then lost it as quickly as possible when he decided to come back again.

We're arguing with someone who doesn't realize how difficult it would be to retire, attempt another professional sport, or enjoy retirement, and then have to work back in shape to play a professional sport.

That break is worse for you than continuing an already established workout program or dedication to one's body. I'm sure if MJ didn't add and then lose all that weight so quickly to try and play in the elite basketball league, he wouldn't have had that knee injury / fluid build up.

And :oldlol: @ questioning his work ethic. Tim Grover, who has trained Kobe and Wade still says MJ was the most tire-less worker, and also by far the most competitive. I remember reading how he was telling MJ to ease up on his body when training in his late 30s to come back to the NBA, and MJ refused to let up.

CAstill
I'm sorry my "energy" on a message board is ruining day.

And no thanks, I don't smoke pot. I'll sit back and throw back a few, though, and enjoy some basketball in a few hours.

It's cool, I'll throw some back too and enjoy basketball as well :rockon:

Kobe stans don't mean the end of the world bro lol.

Rasheed1
11-23-2012, 05:04 PM
There aint enough 'work ethic' in this world to make Kobe better than Mj

KG215
11-23-2012, 05:05 PM
It's cool, I'll throw some back too and enjoy basketball as well :rockon:

Kobe stans don't mean the end of the world bro lol.
:cheers:

And you're right, but they're annoying and ignorant as f***. Well, some of them are anyway.

CAstill
11-23-2012, 05:09 PM
See the problem with players like Kobe and Jordan is that they are
so great in every aspect of the game it really is splitting hairs on
who's better at what.

Heilige
11-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Not to mention how big MJ got physically in the years between 1999 - 2002. He gained a lot of weight. Go look at pics, or commercials for the Jordans within that time frame. He got Barkley type big ... then lost it as quickly as possible when he decided to come back again.

We're arguing with someone who doesn't realize how difficult it would be to retire, attempt another professional sport, or enjoy retirement, and then have to work back in shape to play a professional sport.

That break is worse for you than continuing an already established workout program or dedication to one's body. I'm sure if MJ didn't add and then lose all that weight so quickly to try and play in the elite basketball league, he wouldn't have had that knee injury / fluid build up.

And :oldlol: @ questioning his work ethic. Tim Grover, who has trained Kobe and Wade still says MJ was the most tire-less worker, and also by far the most competitive. I remember reading how he was telling MJ to ease up on his body when training in his late 30s to come back to the NBA, and MJ refused to let up.

care to respond kennethgriffin???