PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan average 33/8/8 in 1989 with...

Derivative
11-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Michael Jordan in 1989 average 32.5ppg (53.8%FG), 8 apg, 8 rpg, and 2.9 spg.....

with the second leading scorer averaging 14.4ppg...

Jordan is the goat scorer, playmaking SG, rebounding SG, perimeter defender, and GOAT all around player... Not even lebron james had this kind of statline

imagine if Michael jordan had dwight howard, pau gasol, and nash.... probably 32ppg, 14apg, 5rpg, 4spg.....

talkingconch
11-23-2012, 01:29 AM
9-8

Derivative
11-23-2012, 03:38 AM
wut?

AngelEyes
11-23-2012, 03:53 AM
I don't know if anyone's game ever looked more beautiful than Jordan in 89'. Aesthetically it was off the charts.

Callystarr
11-23-2012, 06:17 AM
Michael Jordan in 1989 average 32.5ppg (53.8%FG), 8 apg, 8 rpg, and 2.9 spg.....

Jordan is the goat scorer, playmaking SG, rebounding SG, perimeter defender, and GOAT all around player... Not even lebron james had this kind of statline

imagine if Michael jordan had dwight howard, pau gasol, and nash.... probably 32ppg, 14apg, 5rpg, 4spg.....

Yeah and an 81-1 record.

and championships until Dwight retires...:eek:

Sampsonsimpson
11-23-2012, 06:28 AM
I think he had about 16 triple doubles that season with 7 coming in a row, and he also had a bunch of 40 and 50 point games too

La Frescobaldi
11-23-2012, 06:38 AM

1. Michael Jordan*-CHI 32.5
2. Karl Malone*-UTA 29.1
3. Dale Ellis-SEA 27.5
4. Clyde Drexler*-POR 27.2
5. Chris Mullin*-GSW 26.5

?

Micku
11-23-2012, 06:49 AM
1. Michael Jordan*-CHI 32.5
2. Karl Malone*-UTA 29.1
3. Dale Ellis-SEA 27.5
4. Clyde Drexler*-POR 27.2
5. Chris Mullin*-GSW 26.5

?

He is talking about wihtin the Bulls team. Pippen was the second leading scoring with 14.4 ppg.

I think that MJ played PG that year or he played it for a long stretch or something. So, he had the ball more in his hands.

All Net
11-23-2012, 08:23 AM
madness, and we are amazed with Lebron's numbers but this was nuts.

Blue&Orange
11-23-2012, 08:33 AM
I would say it was a damn shame he didn't team up with Hakeem and Payton and piled up titles so that we could have avoided all the nonsense from Kobe and Lebron stans. But fact is he did piled them up anyway and we still have to hear nonsense.

bu-bu-bu-bu he played with all this hof's... Varejao would be a uncontested HOF if he played with Jordan, that's what happens when you WIN.

arifgokcen
11-23-2012, 08:58 AM
As good as jordan was that year,statistically lebron is still ahead a little bit if you account for pace and minutes.

Lebron's adjusted numbers to Jordan's minutes and Bulls pace that year

Jordan 32.5ppg on ts .614% 8rpg 8apg
Lebron 32.489ppg on ts .604% 7.9rpg 9.5apg

Rysio
11-23-2012, 08:59 AM
in 1989
so that's about 26/6/6 in todays slowed down game. great numbers tho :applause:

SHAQisGOAT
11-23-2012, 10:13 AM
:bowdown:

KOBE143
11-23-2012, 10:17 AM
this

Looks like Kobe's numbers this season.. Therefore Kobe 17th season is equavalent to Jordan 1989.. Imagined what would prime Kobe's numbers in the 80s? :confusedshrug:

Kblaze8855
11-23-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't know if anyone's game ever looked more beautiful than Jordan in 89'. Aesthetically it was off the charts.

Truth be told...coming from someone who watched those games....some in person...

Overrated season. Not in comparison to most. By but his standards. He had crazy assist numbers because he decided to go get them. He got triple doubles by...deciding to get easy defensive rebounds. He played better to me when his stats were worse in the early 90s.

He was flat out passing up easy shots(for him) to dump it off to guys who were often not even ready for it and then getting mad if they didnt score it.

That was not the best ball he played. Just the best numbers he put up.

pauk
11-23-2012, 01:36 PM
That indeed is sick, he was playing alot of PG that season and dropped something like 10 triple doubles in a row if i remember correctly.... that was the best Jordan according to me, i believe he won a championship later in 1991 not because he got better, but because his team got better

KungFuJoe
11-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Truth be told...coming from someone who watched those games....some in person...

Overrated season. Not in comparison to most. By but his standards. He had crazy assist numbers because he decided to go get them. He got triple doubles by...deciding to get easy defensive rebounds. He played better to me when his stats were worse in the early 90s.

He was flat out passing up easy shots(for him) to dump it off to guys who were often not even ready for it and then getting mad if they didnt score it.

Everything about this post is :facepalm worthy.

Horatio33
11-23-2012, 03:36 PM

Why? Great numbers but basketball is played on a court, not on a stat sheet. Bet you think Wilt's 50/25 season was the best ever.

All Net
11-23-2012, 03:41 PM

Do explain why you think this?

Money 23
11-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Truth.

I wouldn't even say it was his most aesthetically pleasing game. That came in the early 90's, IMO

CAstill
11-23-2012, 05:25 PM
No it wasn't. It was his real opinion because he was there and you weren't.
Jordan was better in the 90's.

Young X
11-23-2012, 05:36 PM
MJ's worst game of that season: 21 pts, 10 asts, 12 rebs, 2 sts, 5 TO's on 29%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcHmRQ7NXyQ&hd=1

hawke812
11-23-2012, 06:35 PM
This belongs in the college ball/high school forums. Jordan's Era was shit for competition:facepalm

jlip
11-23-2012, 06:59 PM
MJ's worst game of that season: 21 pts, 10 asts, 12 rebs, 2 sts, 5 TO's on 29%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcHmRQ7NXyQ&hd=1

Statistically his worse game that season was an 18/7/7 game on 25% shooting.

Link (http://http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198812070DET.html)

Young X
11-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Statistically his worse game that season was an 18/7/7 game on 25% shooting.

Link (http://http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198812070DET.html)
MJ only had 1 foul, 3 turnovers, and only attempted 16 shots in that game. In the game that I posted, MJ attempted 24 shots, only making 7, had more turnovers, and fouled out in a close game that went into overtime.

Derivative
11-23-2012, 09:20 PM
This belongs in the college ball/high school forums. Jordan's Era was shit for competition:facepalm

late 80s was the golden age of basketball.....

agenda fail

Derivative
11-23-2012, 09:24 PM
As good as jordan was that year,statistically lebron is still ahead a little bit if you account for pace and minutes.

Lebron's adjusted numbers to Jordan's minutes and Bulls pace that year

Jordan 32.5ppg on ts .614% 8rpg 8apg
Lebron 32.489ppg on ts .604% 7.9rpg 9.5apg

i am curious how u got that number? MJ's bull was the 2nd last in pace that year, and it's only 4 pace higher than lebron's cavs i believe

Derivative
04-23-2014, 03:04 AM
bump

dankok8
04-23-2014, 12:39 PM

This.

Jordan went to the scorer's table during games to see if he was credited with rebounds and assists. He was infatuated with triple doubles and got mad when his teammates missed what he deemed makeable shots. It was driving coach Doug Collins mad but he didn't have Jordan's respect to get in his face and confront him. Of course he would be fired after the season and the rest is history.

When Jordan played within a proper offensive system under Phil Jackson he was a much better basketball player even if he put up worse stats.

T_L_P
04-23-2014, 12:53 PM

No.

Rocketswin2013
04-23-2014, 02:07 PM
So you think he'd be James Harden today? :lol

Marchesk
04-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Why? Great numbers but basketball is played on a court, not on a stat sheet. Bet you think Wilt's 50/25 season was the best ever.

It wasn't because Wilt's 24/24/8 on 68% was better.

Rocketswin2013
07-29-2015, 03:32 PM

This.

Jordan went to the scorer's table during games to see if he was credited with rebounds and assists. He was infatuated with triple doubles and got mad when his teammates missed what he deemed makeable shots. It was driving coach Doug Collins mad but he didn't have Jordan's respect to get in his face and confront him. Of course he would be fired after the season and the rest is history.

When Jordan played within a proper offensive system under Phil Jackson he was a much better basketball player even if he put up worse stats.

LA Times, April 11, 1989

Since switching to point guard for the Chicago Bulls, Michael Jordan has become statistic conscious. He has started checking with statisticians to see how close he is to a triple-double. He had a string of seven consecutive triple-doubles broken Friday night."The guys at the scorer's desk let me know what I need," Jordan said.So, too, do the Bulls' a.ssistant coaches."They keep reminding me when I get back to the huddle," Jordan said. "They say, 'You need three more of this. You need four more of that.'

"The Sun-Sentinel, April 9, 1989

During breaks in games, Jordan has been wandering over to the scorer`s table to get updates on how many rebounds, a.ssists and points he needs to fill his three double-figure quotas."The guys at the scorer`s desk let me know what I need," he said. "They tell me, `You need three a.ssists; you need two rebounds."Jordan also has been double-checking the figures with Chicago a.ssistants."They keep me in tune," he said. "They keep reminding me when I come back to the huddle, how much I need."Last Sunday, at home against New Jersey, the 10th a.ssist was Jordan`s final goal."I knew I had nine a.ssists," he said, "and I looked at (forward) Brad (Sellers), and said, `Brad, can I count on you for my 10th?` And he said, `yeah` and hit a jumper from the baseline."

Bumped purely so this season can stop being brought up as some GOAT-tier season. Several players had better years, and the way Jordan played wasn't as conducive to winning as his stats suggested.

bond10
07-29-2015, 03:43 PM
No.

How the hell is that a no? Let me guess, you must think Pippen was the defense GOAT. MJ was actually the better defender up until the second threepeat when too old to play 100% at both ends of the floor.

http://chasing23.com/did-scottie-pippen-always-guard-the-other-teams-best-player/

Young X
07-29-2015, 03:47 PM
MJ's playoff run this season is insane. Almost dragged that terrible Bulls team to the finals beating the 2nd and 3rd seed without homecourt. Bulls were the only team to actually win against the Pistons in the playoffs too. Absolutely ridiculous season.

Rocketswin2013
07-29-2015, 03:55 PM
How the hell is that a no? Let me guess, you must think Pippen was the defense GOAT. MJ was actually the better defender up until the second threepeat when too old to play 100% at both ends of the floor.

http://chasing23.com/did-scottie-pippen-always-guard-the-other-teams-best-player/
I don't even see Jordan's case over Pippen defensively. Pippen took on tougher assignments, with more positonal flexibility and was more effective on a consistent basis(year-to-year). Jordan was probably one of the best defenders ever for a player with a huge offensive load...among wing players

andgar923
07-29-2015, 04:02 PM
I don't even see Jordan's case over Pippen defensively. Pippen took on tougher assignments, with more positonal flexibility and was more effective on a consistent basis(year-to-year). Jordan was probably one of the best defenders ever for a player with a huge offensive load...among wing players

Wrong.

bond10
07-29-2015, 04:08 PM

Did you even click the link I posted? It debunks the exact myth that you spewing. Jordan had more tougher defensive assignments out of all playoff series. Pippen is definitely more versatile and was a beast at guarding any position but MJ certainly has a case over Pippen when it comes to defense.

Rocketswin2013
07-29-2015, 04:10 PM
Wrong.
Convincing argument.

MJ's playoff run this season is insane. Almost dragged that terrible Bulls team to the finals beating the 2nd and 3rd seed without homecourt. Bulls were the only team to actually win against the Pistons in the playoffs too. Absolutely ridiculous season.
His overall '89 postseason run was pretty incredible and I'd say he played at a higher level than he did in the '89 regular season, but that series against Detroit wasn't great at all. He was great one time in the entire series. Good in another game. Underwhelming in the rest, with even a disaster game in between.

Smoke117
07-29-2015, 04:56 PM

Pippen is better and had a bigger impact because of his help/team defense. With his athleticism and length he could cover ground about as fast as anyone ever has. He had a tremendous basketball IQ too so he was always in the right place at the right time. It's a simple fact that Pippen peaked higher in 94 and especially 95 after Grant left. He practically was defending 3-4 players on every play in 95 because the two other best defenders of the first three-peat were gone. It was commonly mentioned how exhausted he looked at the end of games that season because how much energy he had to expend on the defensive end. Look at that line ups they were throwing out and tell me how else that Bulls team finished 2nd in defense...especially when the 2nd and 3rd guys who played the highest mins were atrocious defensive players like BJ and Toni.

PP34Deuce
07-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Pippen is better and had a bigger impact because of his help/team defense. With his athleticism and length he could cover ground about as fast as anyone ever has. He had a tremendous basketball IQ too so he was always in the right place at the right time. It's a simple fact that Pippen peaked higher in 94 and especially 95 after Grant left. He practically was defending 3-4 players on every play in 95 because the two other best defenders of the first three-peat were gone. It was commonly mentioned how exhausted he looked at the end of games that season because how much energy he had to expend on the defensive end. Look at that line ups they were throwing out and tell me how else that Bulls team finished 2nd in defense...especially when the 2nd and 3rd guys who played the highest mins were atrocious defensive players like BJ and Toni.

Pippen much more versatile but if it was a quick wing defender for 2-3 minute periods, MJ actually was a better on ball defender I believed. I believe Pippen was incredible team defense wise and great man but MJ could just stick to you like glue for stretches.

I also remember MJ was more slick around screens than Pippen. He could compact his body and literally give no air space. Pippen could get beat but with his wingspan and height he had insane recovery.

TheMarkMadsen
07-29-2015, 05:42 PM

geez the player you stan literally does this all the time and i've seen you call other morons for bringing that up as "stat padding" and using that as a reason for his numbers being overrated

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Yo
07-29-2015, 06:41 PM
geez the player you stan literally does this all the time and i've seen you call other morons for bringing that up as "stat padding" and using that as a reason for his numbers being overrated

You don't see the difference between those who are speculating that stats are being padded, compared to cold hard facts presented that MJ deliberately tried to for the sake of recording a trip-dub?

Hey Yo
07-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Convincing argument.

His overall '89 postseason run was pretty incredible and I'd say he played at a higher level than he did in the '89 regular season, but that series against Detroit wasn't great at all. He was great one time in the entire series. Good in another game. Underwhelming in the rest, with even a disaster game in between.
Only 8 FGA in the most important game of the series up to that point.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198905310DET.html

:confusedshrug:

3ball
07-30-2015, 10:59 AM
:facepalm

3ball
07-30-2015, 11:00 AM
Which one was the bigger overachievement??..Jordan's 1989 Playoff Run or Lebron's 2007

Jordan's Bulls were 47-25 and the 6 seed.
Lebron's Cavs were 50-32 and the 2 seed.

1st Round Jordan: CLE...(#3 seed, 57-25, #2 ranked defense... 40.0.. 6.0.. 8.1.. 59.8% TS.. 51.8% FG)
1st Round Lebron: WSH (#7 seed, 41-41, #28 ranked defense.. 27.0.. 8.5.. 7.5.. 54.9% TS.. 42.5% FG)

2nd Round Jordan: NYK (#2 seed, 52-30, #10 ranked defense... 35.5.. 9.5.. 8.3.. 64.6% TS.. 55.0% FG)
2nd Round Lebron: NJN (#6 seed, 41-41, #15 ranked defense... 24.7.. 7.3.. 8.5.. 53.7% TS.. 42.3% FG)

Conf. Finals Jordan: DET (#1 seed, 62-30, #3 ranked defense... 30.0.. 5.5.. 6.5.. 59.8% TS.. 46.0% FG)
Conf. Finals Lebron: DET (#1 seed, 53-29, #7 ranked defense... 25.7.. 9.1.. 8.5.. 53.7% TS.. 44.9% FG)

RRR3
07-30-2015, 11:03 AM

Calling kblaze a LeBron stan now.

It's official, Mark has gone off the deep end. I shudder to think what he'd be like if LeBron won this year :eek:

3ball
07-30-2015, 11:04 AM
He got triple doubles by...deciding to get easy defensive rebounds.

You think a player can just DECIDE to get "easy" defensive rebounds?... He has to compete for those rebounds just like everyone else...

He must GO GET those rebounds, and kudos to any player that puts forth extra effort to get rebounds.

He averaged 32.5 ppg.... So you're saying he should've averaged closer to 40 like in 1987, and passed less?

Okay buddy

sdot_thadon
07-30-2015, 11:04 AM
Only 8 FGA in the most important game of the series up to that point.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198905310DET.html

:confusedshrug:
Yep, swing game that would have put them in the drivers seat as far as getting to the finals. The one nobody ever seems to want to talk about.....

3ball
07-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Overrated season.

That was not the best ball he played.

MJ never carried a team more than he did in 1989.. He took a team that would've been lottery without him, to ECF and 6 games with the champs - that's the best anyone's ever done.

Lebron carried a lottery team to 6 games with the champs this year, but Love and Kyrie were healthy the entire regular season, so he only had to carry a lottery-level team starting mid-playoffs.. This is nowhere NEAR as impressive as doing it the entire season.

And Lebron's playoff stats were worse: 30.1/11.3/8.5 on 41.7%, compared to Jordan's 34.8/7.0/7.2 on 51% in 1989.

MJ has a 5-point scoring edge and 10-point efficiency edge, compared to Lebron's 4 rebound and 1.6 assist edge - obviously, MJ's huge scoring and efficiency edges are worth more, especially for a #1 option.

Lebron took the Celtics 7 games in 2008, but he only made 2nd Round, and he shot 35% against the Celtics, while his overall playoff stats (28/8/8 on 41%) were nowhere near MJ's in 1989 (35/7/7 on 51%).

3ball
07-30-2015, 11:09 AM
Yep, swing game that would have put them in the drivers seat as far as getting to the finals. The one nobody ever seems to want to talk about.....
MJ never carried a team more than he did in 1989.. He took a team that would've been lottery without him, to ECF and 6 games with the champs - that's the best anyone's ever done.

Lebron carried a lottery team to 6 games with the champs this year, but Love and Kyrie were healthy the entire regular season, so he only had to carry a lottery-level team starting mid-playoffs.. This is nowhere NEAR as impressive as doing it the entire season.

And Lebron's playoff stats were worse: 30.1/11.3/8.5 on 41.7%, compared to Jordan's 34.8/7.0/7.2 on 51% in 1989.

MJ has a 5-point scoring edge and 10-point efficiency edge, compared to Lebron's 4 rebound and 1.6 assist edge - obviously, MJ's huge scoring and efficiency edges are worth more, especially for a #1 option.

Lebron took the Celtics 7 games in 2008, but he only made 2nd Round, and he shot 35% against the Celtics, while his overall playoff stats (28/8/8 on 41%) were nowhere near MJ's in 1989 (35/7/7 on 51%).

sdot_thadon
07-30-2015, 11:30 AM

Let's talk about that game 5 bro.

He only took 8 fga in a swing game that would have gave him a huge chance to reach his 1st finals, cause up to that point he hadn't done anything.

Funny fact is Lebron doesn't have any games with 8 fga in the playoffs for his career. Not the shut out by the spurs, not the elbow/quit game against the celtics, none of the "quit" series against the mavericks in 2011. Strange huh?

You know what lebron did once in the exact same position as mj was, with worse teammates ? He scored 29 of the last 30 against the pistons and pretty much punched his ticket to the finals.....in the palace....at 22 years of age.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

3ball
07-30-2015, 12:44 PM
MJ only took 8 fga in a swing game (game 5) that would've gave him huge chance to reach his 1st finals

The champion Pistons had figured the Bulls out by then - the 47-win Bulls were a 6 seed in 1989 and a huge underdog to win the 1st Round, let alone beat the champs in ECF.

Otoh, Lebron's 2007 Cavs won 50 games and were the 2-seed, while Detroit was the 1-seed with 53 wins - so the Cavs trip to the Finals was not an upset.

Funny fact is Lebron doesn't have any games with 8 fga in the playoffs for his career.

(Even his many chokes) Not the shut out by the spurs, not the elbow/quit game against the celtics, none of the "quit" series against the mavericks in 2011. Strange huh?

Funny fact - Lebron has multiple single-digit playoff games - he literally has 8 and 7 point games, even in the Finals!!

Whereas Jordan's Finals-low is 22 pts... It's amazing, because Lebron played that way for an entire series while shooting 36% (2007).

Then Lebron averaged 17.8 ppg in the 2011 Finals - MJ only has 6 total playoff games with less than 20 points (out of 179 games).

:oldlol:

You know what lebron did once in the exact same position as mj was, with worse teammates ?

:roll: :roll:

Lebron's regular season stats in 2007 were nowhere NEAR Jordan's in 1989, yet the Cavs got the 2-seed and won 50 games, which proves the Cavs' supporting cast was superior.

He scored 29 of the last 30 against the pistons and pretty much punched his ticket to the finals.....in the palace....

That was his only good game of the series - he only averaged 25.7 ppg on 44.8% in that series and it came against a FAR worse team than the 1989 champion Bad Boys..

The 2007 Pistons only won 53 games, which is the worst record for a 1-seed of all time.. 4-TIME DPOY Ben Wallace was long gone.. That's not a typo - 4-time DPOY and team MVP... Gone.

Now if Lebron would've scored every single 4th quarter point IN THE FINALS, like MJ did in the Game 6 clincher in 1993, THEN you might have something... But he's not the GOAT, so he can't play that well in the Finals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE3aiztuECY&t=3m52s... :pimp:

at 22 years of age.

Again, Lebron only averaged 25.7 ppg on 44.8% against Detroit in 2007, and those Pistons were nowhere NEAR a championship caliber team...

In the next series, against a championship team, 22-year old Lebron sucked horrifically.

Here are MJ and Lebron's performance against championship teams and #1 defenses at the age of 22:

Jordan vs. 1986 Celtics: 44/6/6 on 51%
Lebron vs. 2007 Spurs:. 22/7/7 on 36%

No comparison

sdot_thadon
07-30-2015, 12:57 PM
The champion Pistons had figured the Bulls out by then - the 47-win Bulls were a 6 seed in 1989 and a huge underdog to win the 1st Round, let alone beat the champs in ECF.

Otoh, Lebron's 2007 Cavs won 50 games and were the 2-seed, while Detroit was the 1-seed with 53 wins - so the Cavs trip to the Finals was not an upset.

Funny fact - Lebron has multiple single-digit playoff games - he literally has 8 and 7 point games, even in the Finals!!

Whereas Jordan's Finals-low is 22 pts... It's amazing, because Lebron played that way for an entire series while shooting 36% (2007).

Then Lebron averaged 17.8 ppg in the 2011 Finals - MJ only has 6 total playoff games with less than 20 points (out of 179 games).

Lebron's regular season stats in 2007 were nowhere NEAR Jordan's in 1989, yet the Cavs got the 2-seed and won 50 games, which proves the Cavs' supporting cast was superior.

That was his only good game of the series - he only averaged 25.7 ppg on 44.8% in that series and it came against a FAR worse team than the 1989 champion Bad Boys..

The 2007 Pistons only won 53 games, which is the worst record for a 1-seed of all time.. 4-TIME DPOY Ben Wallace was long gone.. That's not a typo - 4-time DPOY and team MVP... Gone.

Now if Lebron would've scored every single 4th quarter point IN THE FINALS, like MJ did in the Game 6 clincher in 1993, THEN you might have something... But he's not the GOAT, so he can't play that well in the Finals:

Again, Lebron only averaged 25.7 ppg on 44.8% against Detroit in 2007, and those Pistons were nowhere NEAR a championship caliber team...

In the next series, against a championship team, 22-year old Lebron sucked horrifically.

Here are MJ and Lebron's performance against championship teams and #1 defenses at the age of 22:

No comparison
Always can tell you get mind****ed by how you change goalposts so quick.

All of that shit you posted and still couldn't even discuss game 5. :biggums:

Again Lebron would never go down taking just 8 shots, he might not make them but even in his worst career moments he didn't quit to such an extreme.

FKAri
07-30-2015, 12:59 PM

No comparison

Are you actualy trying to suggest Jordan is better than Lebron? GTFOH nigguh :roll: :roll:

sdot_thadon
07-30-2015, 01:00 PM
Are you actualy trying to suggest Jordan is better than Lebron? GTFOH nigguh :roll: :roll:
Nope he trying like hell not to discuss game 5 though.

Pointguard
07-30-2015, 02:25 PM

This.

It seemed like a weird year to me. Like his play didn't have the purpose it had in the other years. After loving his play and aesthetics something seemed absent that year. Still obviously great but no biggie if he doesn't get MVP when in other years it seemed atrocious.

dontgetchoked
07-30-2015, 04:38 PM
Let's talk about that game 5 bro.

He only took 8 fga in a swing game that would have gave him a huge chance to reach his 1st finals, cause up to that point he hadn't done anything.

Funny fact is Lebron doesn't have any games with 8 fga in the playoffs for his career. Not the shut out by the spurs, not the elbow/quit game against the celtics, none of the "quit" series against the mavericks in 2011. Strange huh?

You know what lebron did once in the exact same position as mj was, with worse teammates ? He scored 29 of the last 30 against the pistons and pretty much punched his ticket to the finals.....in the palace....at 22 years of age.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

8 fga with 11 freethrow attempts and 9 assists, thats still good number of possessions. Not enough for the GOAT but its pretty pathetic that this is what you have to use to try to throw shade at the goat.

are you arguing that lebron had a better playoff performance? well its easy to chose one bad game from jordan and a good one from lebron, thats ****ing stupid though. you can do this with literally any two players in NBA history.

you say he is ignoring game five, which he is, but you are ignoring the facts he posted. if you want to go down the route comparing lebron to jordan, go ahead. you can be a fool if you want to. 3ball posts a bunch of irrelevant shit, but he also posts facts, and backs them up with stats. you should stick to comparing lebron to kobe, they are peers. neither of those guys can touch MJ though.

you say lebron has 0 games with 8 fga in his entire playoff carreer, but check this out:

so lebron has single digit scoring games without ever taking as few as 8 fga in a playoff game... that is pretty bad. but at the same time, so the **** what? just stop arguing with 3ball. you will get nowhere. as crazy as dude seems, he isnt wrong. jordan is the goat.

3ball
07-30-2015, 05:25 PM
He had crazy assist numbers because he decided to go get them.

It was his JOB to get assists for the last 24 games of the season because he was the team's starting point guard for that stretch.

He averaged 11 assists for those games, which increased his overall average from 6.9 to 8.0... You're knocking him for doing his job?.. You're saying he should get LESS assists as the PG?

He was no different than any high-assist point guard (Nash, CP3, Rondo, etc.), who TRY to accumulate assists, because that's their job.

During MJ's point guard stretch, he still averaged 30 ppg along with the 11 assists, so it's not like he wasn't scoring enough.. His stats were 30/9/11 on 50% (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01/gamelog/1989/#322-345-sum:pgl_basic) while playing point guard (http://ballislife.com/michael-jordan-could-of-been-the-best-point-guard-ever-want-proof/).

Hey Yo
07-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Hey Yo

Overrated season.

That was not the best ball he played.
I never said the above, 3ball. You put my name with what someone else posted.

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 06:03 PM
Calling kblaze a LeBron stan now.

It's official, Mark has gone off the deep end. I shudder to think what he'd be like if LeBron won this year :eek:

get off my dick you mental midget

its just funny seeing him get on people's ass for calling lebron a stat padder ( when those people specifically bring up his rebounds) and then he turns around and claims Jordan was stat padding & the numbers aren't as good as they seem..

he acts like this is a fuccing sin to say about lebron, but ok..

.. but what should we expect from him after his Chris Paul rants of "results don't matter doe"..

Legends66NBA7
07-30-2015, 06:24 PM

KBlaze isn't a LeBron stan. He's even gone on record to say he hates the guy (or more to that) because of one his real life friends.

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 06:42 PM
Don't try to act like Kblaze isn't just as biased as everybody else on here..

dude is straight up ridiculous at time..

here he is trying to downplay Kobe's 40ppg month (reminder only 2 players in NBA history have done this)

Let me know when 40ppg means anything. Our numbers system being based on multiples of ten doesnt mean 40 is a lot more impressive..

Kobe took 29.6 a game in his 40ppg month.

Durant is less impressive because he never took 45 shots? Or 49?

so he just straight up lies and intentionally is deceitful.. Kobe has a 40 ppg month where he didn't take 45 or 49 shots..

yet he's been on ISH defending Lebron's 34 shots per game to get 35 points as some marvelous performance :confusedshrug:

then goes on to say this gem later when talking about Kobe

He has either not been winning or been winning on teams he didnt need to do that much to make into winners.

like are you fuccing serious with this? I guess the 08-10 Lakers without Kobe are contenders... since Kobe didn't have to do much to make them into contenders..

he literally goes on to claim that most of Kobe's teams would have been solid without him..lol

and just to put the icing on the cake, and to let you know his double standard is real..

Cant give it to Kobe playing with Gasol/Bynum as he wins 56-60 games..

:wtf:

Bynum on average played less than 50 games per season from 08-10..

and the lakers won 57, 65, 57 games per season in a brutal conference (08 and 10 featured all 8 WC playoff teams with 50+ wins)

So Kobe shouldn't get MVP because he plays with Bynum(wtf) & Gasol while finishing 1st in the WC all three years..

yet 2012 Lebron deserves MVP even though he plays with Bosh & Wade and finished 2nd in the east one year according to him..

GTFO

Legends66NBA7
07-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Don't try to act like Kblaze isn't just as biased as everybody else on here

Don't try and deflect on me.

I didn't say anything about bias. Yeah, no shit were all biased to an extent. I'm well we're all fans here. I said he wasn't a LeBron stan because he flat out said that I his own posts a d that it was because of his real life friend who annoys him about LeBron all the time.

The rest to the crap, incredibly irrelevant. Shows me some actual astronomical evidence and links in context showing someone is a stan.

sdot_thadon
07-30-2015, 07:51 PM
8 fga with 11 freethrow attempts and 9 assists, thats still good number of possessions. Not enough for the GOAT but its pretty pathetic that this is what you have to use to try to throw shade at the goat.

are you arguing that lebron had a better playoff performance? well its easy to chose one bad game from jordan and a good one from lebron, thats ****ing stupid though. you can do this with literally any two players in NBA history.

you say he is ignoring game five, which he is, but you are ignoring the facts he posted. if you want to go down the route comparing lebron to jordan, go ahead. you can be a fool if you want to. 3ball posts a bunch of irrelevant shit, but he also posts facts, and backs them up with stats. you should stick to comparing lebron to kobe, they are peers. neither of those guys can touch MJ though.

you say lebron has 0 games with 8 fga in his entire playoff carreer, but check this out:

so lebron has single digit scoring games without ever taking as few as 8 fga in a playoff game... that is pretty bad. but at the same time, so the **** what? just stop arguing with 3ball. you will get nowhere. as crazy as dude seems, he isnt wrong. jordan is the goat.
1st of all since when is it shade to bring up a bad game, isn't it done here on a minutely basis? If its shade at anyone it's at 3ball and his shit logic, sorry if you can't read between the lines. Then you quote 3bum to tell me what he said is right, well what did I post that wasn't factual and correct. Please point out any lie I put in the above post. If not be on your way.:coleman:

Derivative
02-07-2016, 06:36 PM
curry

dubeta
02-07-2016, 06:38 PM
Adjust for pace and MJs averages in 1989 is 25/5/5

OldSchoolBBall
02-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Adjust for pace and MJs averages in 1989 is 25/5/5

Err, no. Pace this season is 95.5 and those Bulls played at a 97.0 pace, or just one extra possession per game. His averages adjusted for today's pace are still 32/8/8. Try again.

DonDadda59
02-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Err, no. Pace this season is 95.5 and those Bulls played at a 97.0 pace, or just one extra possession per game. His averages adjusted for today's pace are still 32/8/8. Try again.

Exactly. The league right now is playing at the fastest pace, scoring the most points since the '93 Season. Teams are getting like 5-6 more possessions than teams were during the 2nd 3-peat for the Bulls.

'16 Warriors Pace: 99.6
'96 Bulls Pace: 91.1

What's Chef Curry's inflated pace stats translate to in '96 numbers? :confusedshrug:

Akhenaten
02-07-2016, 08:47 PM
Kblaze guy was posting straight nonsense in this thread

Smoke117
02-07-2016, 10:31 PM
That was his stat padding season....I think 90 is his peak season.