PDA

View Full Version : Wolves announcers just said Love's stats are empty....

Cali Syndicate
11-25-2012, 02:00 AM
and called Rubio a winner who's a much more impact player on the win column.

supe12sta12z
11-25-2012, 02:02 AM
Looks like someone is going to get fired soon.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-25-2012, 02:10 AM
Dat ether :coleman:

kennethgriffin
11-25-2012, 02:12 AM
i got league pass... around what time in the game did they say it. i'd love to hear something i agree with :lol

Levity
11-25-2012, 02:13 AM
They must post on ISH

poido123
11-25-2012, 02:13 AM
Wow, the truth will get that guy fired :lol

Cali Syndicate
11-25-2012, 02:14 AM
i got league pass... around what time in the game did they say it. i'd love to hear something i agree with :lol

Around the final minute or so of the game.

Sarcastic
11-25-2012, 02:20 AM
They will seem much more full once he finally leaves the Wolves.

Bigsmoke
11-25-2012, 02:23 AM
wanna trade him for Boozer?

KOBE143
11-25-2012, 02:30 AM
wanna trade him for Boozer?
No one will take Boozer soft ass, bitch..

Pau for Love is much better..

bdreason
11-25-2012, 03:35 AM
I wouldn't call them empty, but they certainly don't reflect his actual impact on the game. For example, if Duncan or KG post something like 25/12, their team is probably winning the game, because those players also server as defensive anchors. Love, on the other hand, is a defensive liability. So, he may post impressive scoring and rebounding numbers, but those stats alone don't make him a top tier player. Same goes for a player like Blake Griffin.

ncrizzle
11-25-2012, 03:47 AM
I wouldn't call them empty, but they certainly don't reflect his actual impact on the game. For example, if Duncan or KG post something like 25/12, their team is probably winning the game, because those players also server as defensive anchors. Love, on the other hand, is a defensive liability. So, he may post impressive scoring and rebounding numbers, but those stats alone don't make him a top tier player. Same goes for a player like Blake Griffin.

+1

disel
11-25-2012, 03:47 AM
No one will take Boozer soft ass, bitch..

Pau for Love is much better..
Because Pau is such a tough player:rolleyes:

atljonesbro
11-25-2012, 04:24 AM
How can stats be empty he still puts up the stats. Like they were physically done by him. Whats the differnce between an "empty" 25/12 on 47% shooting versus a "non-empty" 25/12 on 47% shooting. They're still doing the same thing

mshahidz
11-25-2012, 04:29 AM
How can stats be empty he still puts up the stats. Like they were physically done by him. Whats the differnce between an "empty" 25/12 on 47% shooting versus a "non-empty" 25/12 on 47% shooting. They're still doing the same thing

example: Providing poor defence, giving someone an open shot or too much room so you can chase a rebound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuIosnLpmvo&feature=fvst

Look at his piss poor defence half the time.

atljonesbro
11-25-2012, 04:31 AM
example: Providing poor defence, giving someone an open shot or too much room so you can chase a rebound.
That's pathetic logic. I highly doubt Klove sits there and thinks "Im just gonna let him shoot so i can stat pad another rebound". He's a professional not a little kid.

bdreason
11-25-2012, 04:34 AM

Not really. The way you score is important, as is when you score. Dominating the high and low post opens up the court more than hitting 3's and midrange jumpers. Racking up 25 points in Q 1-3 isn't the same as scoring 12 in the 4th. Bigmen that tend to play around the paint also draw more fouls, and as stated earlier, create more opportunities for their teammates.

Also, offensive stats don't reflect a players defensive impact on the game (obviously). When you tell me the PF/C dropped 35/15 on 47%, my response is, "how much did they win by?". However, you have PF/C's like Love and Griffin who post gaudy stat lines, but those stats don't necessarily translate to W's. I'm not trying to pick on these players, because they are great offensive players... but that's where their impact ends, and it should be noted.

mshahidz
11-25-2012, 04:37 AM
That's pathetic logic. I highly doubt Klove sits there and thinks "Im just gonna let him shoot so i can stat pad another rebound". He's a professional not a little kid.

I was exaggerating, but he really is not a great defender.
When you see a player putting up 15 rebounds, you think he's a great defender but its not that case with Love. I think thats what people mean when they say "empty" stats.

Furthermore, how you score is more important...are you there in crunch time? are you putting pressure on the defence and getting them in foul trouble?
I feel that Zbo has more of an "impact" on his team's success than Love.

R.I.P.
11-25-2012, 05:23 AM

When Dirk posts 25/12 they usually win, too. He

Rubio2Gasol
11-25-2012, 06:23 AM
It gets annoying.

brandonislegend
11-25-2012, 06:28 AM
Kevin Love is similar to Blake Griffin, terrible defender, gets attention from flashy things (high numbers or nice dunks). Does not impact the game in the slightest.

B-Easy8
11-25-2012, 11:07 AM
It was the Warriors commentators that said that and you are paraphrasing. They said that Rubio has a bigger impact on the team than Love does as was shown last season.

They have a point. As good as Love is there are few players that can do what Rubio can do.

nbarumorz
11-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Kevin Love is similar to Blake Griffin, terrible defender, gets attention from flashy things (high numbers or nice dunks). Does not impact the game in the slightest.

never really though of love as a good dunker. Silly to say he doesn't impact the game in the slightest though, he swallows up boards and can score efficiently.

mentallooser
11-25-2012, 11:41 AM
I honestly believe that the Wolves will have a much better looking offense when Rubio returns. He isnt a legendary PG or anything, but he does seem to have a good ability to run an offense in an efficient manner that puts players where they really need to be. I see AK47 getting slightly better numbers for instance under Rubio. Love will still post his usual, but his number will be more effective as he won't have to fight so hard to get his. He will be more willing to help more on defense or in getting into the post to score.

Euroleague
11-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Kevin Love not only has empty stats and stat pads like no one else, he's also a horrid defender.

Really overrated player.

B-hoop
11-25-2012, 12:22 PM
I think Griffin has improved considerably his defense this year, lets see if Love can do the same.

mentallooser
11-25-2012, 12:36 PM
I think Griffin has improved considerably his defense this year, lets see if Love can do the same.

Dirk did, I don't see why he couldn't. He's athletic enough and seems to have a gas tank for days at times. So I absolutely believe it is possible for him to become at least a non-liability on defense.

Math2
11-25-2012, 01:37 PM

:applause:

b0bab0i
11-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Griffin is slowly starting to play defense, much improved from previous seasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaeI357Rqi4

La Frescobaldi
11-25-2012, 03:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuIosnLpmvo&feature=fvst

Look at his piss poor defence half the time.

Now that particular game was KG out to make a defining statement about who is who in the NBA.

But I get what you mean on this too. It's like how can a guy be so far out of position. And if there's an area of the game that Love needs work, it's defense.

I wonder what Adelman is doing about defensive rotations, but just as important is the scoring the Wolves have put up - only 1 game over 100 so far in the season.
And a ton of games where they can only get into the 80s.

When you look at their games you see that the T Wolves really are losing in just one facet of the game: 3 ball.

Team Averages
FG% 0.423 - Opponent 0.435
3p% 0.277 - opponent 0.35
FT% 0.727 - .769
RPG 43.42 - opponent 41.17
APG 20.9 - opponent 18.6
SPG 8.00 - opponent 6.33
BPG 6.75 - opponent 5.58
TO 15.00 - opponent 14.5
PF19.25 - opponent 23.67
PPG 91.7 - opponent 92.8

Now I'm not comparing K Love to these players. But these are some of the guys I have heard people say, early in their careers they have "empty stats."
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bob McAdoo, Paul Pierce, Michael Jordan, Norm Nixon, Wilt Chamberlain, Bernard King, Kobe Bryant.

There's a lot more to it than that.

swi7ch
11-25-2012, 03:53 PM
He's right though.

1) Wolves had a winning record with rubio and a losing recrod when Rubio went down.
2) Everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows Love stat pads his rebounding numbers.

I'd give that guy a promotion if I were in charge.

All Net
11-25-2012, 03:53 PM
They actually said that?

hihellohi765
11-25-2012, 05:15 PM
On my stream from league pass I had GSW announcers. Are you sure it was Minny's announcers?

dunksby
11-25-2012, 05:18 PM
No way the Wolves' announcers said that!

pauk
11-25-2012, 05:20 PM
His defense, intangibles and closing ability/killer instinct is empty and his teammates are kindof empty to.

chips93
11-25-2012, 05:26 PM
He's right though.

1) Wolves had a winning record with rubio and a losing recrod when Rubio went down.
2) Everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows Love stat pads his rebounding numbers.

I'd give that guy a promotion if I were in charge.

poor logic

they had a winning record with love and rubio, and when rubio went down they had a losing record.

we havent seen the wolve woth rubio and without love, and only if they had a winning record without love and with rubio would this line of thinking make sense.

dunksby
11-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Wolves will obviously have a better record with Rubio playing so it can't held against Love, they need their PG back.

Euroleague
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Wolves will obviously have a better record with Rubio playing so it can't held against Love, they need their PG back.

Unless Rubio learned how to shoot, he will continue to be an offensive liability against any team that chooses to cut off his passing lanes.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-26-2012, 11:41 AM
So..OP is a Warriors fan and doesn't even know his teams announcers? :oldlol:

selrahc
11-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Love's stats are empty just like LeBron's... Wade and Bosh are the ones who make the real impact for the heat. LeBron is just a stat sheet stuffer.

Rekindled
11-26-2012, 11:44 AM

op didnt lie, i had the twolves feed, the wolves announcers did say that.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-26-2012, 11:53 AM
op didnt lie, i had the twolves feed, the wolves announcers did say that.

I had one feed and it was a GSW broadcast.

http://bt.davka.info/ - you can find the recap there too

chips93
11-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Not really. The way you score is important, as is when you score. Dominating the high and low post opens up the court more than hitting 3's and midrange jumpers. Racking up 25 points in Q 1-3 isn't the same as scoring 12 in the 4th. Bigmen that tend to play around the paint also draw more fouls, and as stated earlier, create more opportunities for their teammates.

but love hitting jumpers from the outside opens up the lane for his teammates to drive into.

look at love and rubio in the pick and roll. Loves defender cant leave him, so rubio, or any of the wolves guards for that matter, can get into the lane much easier.

It was the Warriors commentators that said that and you are paraphrasing. They said that Rubio has a bigger impact on the team than Love does as was shown last season.

They have a point. As good as Love is there are few players that can do what Rubio can do.

this seems like a pretty important post that people are ignoring

Cali Syndicate
11-26-2012, 02:42 PM

I watched the game through a live stream.

Not once did I see Jim Barnett or Bob Fitzgerald throughout the game.

The announcers I was listening to didn't sound like them either.

I also frequently during the game saw two announcers I'm unfamiliar with. The same two announcers who were talking about the game following the game as well.

If that was a Warriors broadcast, that's pretty crazy.

These are the announcers I heard...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1r6xtta-7g

Here's how Bob Fitzgerald sounds during a lot of Warriors games...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nve4f6FfOZo&feature=related