PDA

View Full Version : Is Lamar Odom the most Worthless Player in the NBA?

dunksby
11-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Dude is getting paid $8,200,000 (3rd highest paid on the roster) for exactly what? Seriously why did LAC FO even sign this guy let alone showering him with millions? :facepalm

LAClipsFan33
11-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Yes. F*ck that reject

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Yes. F*ck that reject

:facepalm

tomtucker
11-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Is Lamar Odom the most Worthless Player in the NBA ?

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7o362BJqI1qd2dcwo1_500.gif

yes he is

LAClipsFan33
11-25-2012, 02:47 PM
:facepalm

I never wanted that POS on my team. I knew he would be coming just to collect checks and make his Yeti happy

Doranku
11-25-2012, 02:48 PM
I never wanted that POS on my team. I knew he would be coming just to collect checks and make his Yeti happy
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Heavincent
11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Yes. He's averaging 2 points on 21% shooting :lol Probably one of the worst contracts in the NBA.

Clippersfan86
11-25-2012, 03:41 PM

Lmao! Look at the bright side. More Bledsoe minutes by trading Mo, Odom will be 8 mill off the books after the season. Plus there is a 10 percent chance he starts balling. No doubt his lack of production is a bad thing though.

DuMa
11-25-2012, 03:47 PM
hey look a scrotum thread. you just brought down the average wit of the forum already

StateOfMind12
11-25-2012, 03:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ixPmB.jpg

This is surprising? :oldlol:

oh the horror
11-25-2012, 03:50 PM
IMO, Odom is done. Dude has zero passion to play ball anymore.

Clips took a risk. If he returns to form at any point in time, then he'd be on valuable piece, but thus far early on, he looks like he just has completely lost it.

swi7ch
11-25-2012, 03:56 PM
No, Landry is.

Rooster
11-25-2012, 04:01 PM

Clips took a risk. If he returns to form at any point in time, then he'd be on valuable piece, but thus far early on, he looks like he just has completely lost it.

Odom spirit is still with Purple and Gold. He look lackadaisical every time he step on the court. I think the D'Antoni system can revived his career.

Fiasco
11-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Told all of you this would happen.

Clippersfan86
11-25-2012, 04:09 PM

It was a necessary move to clear minutes for Bledsoe so it was more of a low risk, high reward type move. If Odom remains worthless at least Bledsoe can blow up and the overall depth should hold up but IF by some miracle he returned to form he could be the difference between 2nd round and championship.

I think it's clear though as you said that he's done. It would literally be a MIRACLE if he even became DECENT. Grant Hill luckily can guard most PF's in the league (has done well vs Blake Griffin who's one of the biggest and strongest) so he should get some PF minutes.

Heavincent

I think just about everybody saw this coming.

Clippersfan86

You definitely called it and I defended him. Not anymore though. Now I'm at the point where he would have to do something amazing for a sustained period of time for me to believe in him again.

Mr. Jabbar
11-25-2012, 04:14 PM
The problem is Odom was never that good to begin with, at least on the Lakers he was more of a product of the triangle, he was never able to bring one good game to the other one, inconsistency at its finest.

Guy was severely overrated by kobe haters trying to dimminish kobes greatness during the 2008-2010 three consecutive Lakers Finals, similar thing happened with gasol, although he did produce more consistently at the time.

I'd say there is 0% chance Odom produces like he did in the past, which like I said, wasn't all that good either.

LAClipsFan33
11-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Lmao! Look at the bright side. More Bledsoe minutes by trading Mo, Odom will be 8 mill off the books after the season. Plus there is a 10 percent chance he starts balling. No doubt his lack of production is a bad thing though.

Silver lining

DMV2
11-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Should have retired last season and focus on "showbiz."

I guess this is it for him now.

RRR3
11-25-2012, 04:28 PM
I don't get it, he's in L.A. again, what's the problem? :confusedshrug:

dunksby
11-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Should have retired last season and focus on "showbiz."

I guess this is it for him now.
Why would he? he is already doing it without quitting the NBA and also making millions doing nothing worthy for his team.

tomtucker
11-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Why would he? he is already doing it without quitting the NBA and also making millions doing nothing worthy for his team.
what a kunt........:mad: :biggums:

$LakerGold
11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Odom is like Ironman without a suit right now. Bring him back to the Lakers ... then he'll show you whats up.

Clippersfan86
11-25-2012, 05:41 PM
What's worse is last year Mavs thought they got shafted by his play but the Clippers are REALLY getting the business from Odom :rant . I started to doubt him on opening night when he was still a lard ass despite 2+ months to improve and get into shape after joining the Clippers.

Charlie Sheen
11-25-2012, 05:55 PM
What's worse is last year Mavs thought they got shafted by his play but the Clippers are REALLY getting the business from Odom :rant . I started to doubt him on opening night when he was still a lard ass despite 2+ months to improve and get into shape after joining the Clippers.
the clippers aren't getting the business...their FO chalked up last season's pathetic effort to being homesick and stuff like that. you guys stepped in it this time.

outbreak
11-25-2012, 05:56 PM
It's been a pretty crazy decline for him. Early in the year I read he couldn't even make it through a full practice. With the amount of money he has it's pretty ridiculous that h's that out of shape when he can afford a 24/7 chef and any thing he wants in terms of fitness trainers and gyms.

Clippersfan86
11-25-2012, 05:56 PM
the clippers aren't getting the business...their FO chalked up last season's pathetic effort to being homesick and stuff like that. you guys stepped in it this time.

I think most analysts felt that returning to LA would boost him after some time off. Can't put it on the Clippers for taking a reasonable chance on him.

Charlie Sheen
11-25-2012, 06:04 PM
I think most analysts felt that returning to LA would boost him after some time off. Can't put it on the Clippers for taking a reasonable chance on him.
not the kind of veteran i want to bring in. dude was one of the worst players in the whole league when he was on the court last year. his game left him for good or he had a crappy attitude pouting to sabotage the mavs season. thats not reasonable

Clippersfan86
11-25-2012, 06:07 PM
not the kind of veteran i want to bring in. dude was one of the worst players in the whole league when he was on the court last year. his game left him for good or he had a crappy attitude pouting to sabotage the mavs season. thats not reasonable

I watched him no more than 3 times in Dallas last year so can't pretend to know how well he played. Just saying you had all of ESPN, NBA TV and even TNT talking about how he would bounce back so it's not like it was just a few people saying it. Most thought LO back to LA= win. Dude is just 32 so not like people would think his career is flat out over.

Charlie Sheen
11-25-2012, 06:12 PM
. Most thought LO back to LA= win.

to believe this don't you have to admit he quit on dallas? the warning signs were there is all i'm saying man.

Kujo
11-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Lamar just doesn't care anymore. Dude came in training camp fat, and out of shape. I honestly thought he would try to resurrect his career this season since he was back in LA.

it's a damn shame because he's extremely talented.

Clippersfan86
11-25-2012, 06:19 PM
to believe this don't you have to admit he quit on dallas? the warning signs were there is all i'm saying man.

I do admit he quit in Dallas. I think he quit the minute the Lakers tried to trade him. It was the straw that broke the camel's back for him.

33teeth
11-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Can't put it on the Clippers for taking a reasonable chance on him.

Uh. Yes. We can. :biggums:

Heavincent
11-25-2012, 06:59 PM
The problem is Odom was never that good to begin with, at least on the Lakers he was more of a product of the triangle, he was never able to bring one good game to the other one, inconsistency at its finest.

Guy was severely overrated by kobe haters trying to dimminish kobes greatness during the 2008-2010 three consecutive Lakers Finals, similar thing happened with gasol, although he did produce more consistently at the time.

I'd say there is 0% chance Odom produces like he did in the past, which like I said, wasn't all that good either.

Yeah Odom was never really that great of a player. A few decent seasons and that's it.

He's been laughably overpaid over the last two years.

KingMichael23
11-25-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't get it, he's in L.A. again, what's the problem? :confusedshrug:
He still hates being a Clipper and wants to be a Laker. That's my guess.

Connor B
11-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Is Lamar Odom the most Worthless Player in the NBA ?

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7o362BJqI1qd2dcwo1_500.gif

yes he is

This got me pretty hard.

Collie
11-25-2012, 08:47 PM
One of the biggest dropoffs in NBA history.

The_Yearning
11-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Dude is a fragile human being which is why he thrived on the Lakers due to Kobe and Phil's mental toughness.

Clifton
11-25-2012, 09:40 PM
I think he's depressed. Like, clinically.

[quote]on the Lakers he was more of a product of the triangle,[/uote]
He was the best player on rookie Wade's Heat team which made it to the second round and, IIRC, gave the Pacers a run for their money.

Odom's passing, ballhandling, rebounding, and finishing ability in the lane were all top notch. Despite his struggles now, I would not be surprised to see him completely rejuvenate his career and become one of the best players on a real egalitarian, spirited team, the way he was in Miami and the way Zach Randolph is right now.

ihoopallday
11-25-2012, 09:43 PM
I wonder if Odom would sign the minimum and rejoin the Lakers.

BankShot
11-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Dude is getting paid $8,200,000 (3rd highest paid on the roster) for exactly what? Seriously why did LAC FO even sign this guy let alone showering him with millions? :facepalm

They didn't sign him, they traded a superfluous asset (Williams) for him hoping he'd regain the versatility he displayed in his last stint in the City of Angels. He's an expiring contract on a team that wouldn't be enough under the cap anyways so the exact cap figure doesn't mean shit.

It was a high-reward low-risk move by the Clippers that at the time made perfect sense to everyone in the basketball world. It hasn't payed off yet but it could as the season progresses and he possibly gets his game legs under him.

b0bab0i
11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ixPmB.jpg

This is surprising? :oldlol:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

andremiller07
11-25-2012, 09:58 PM
I think he's depressed. Like, clinically.

Thats probs cause he realised which one of the Kardasihan sisters he ended up with

tomtucker
11-26-2012, 04:02 AM
This got me pretty hard.

and then you came on Lamar

Sharmer
11-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Odom looks lost out there at times, he just doesn't play with the right intensity, it's obvious personal issues have impacted his performance on the court.

Nero Tulip
11-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Not as long as Austin Rivers is in the league (which, granted, will probably not be that long).

Lebron23
11-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Odom needs to retire.

Kurosawa0
11-26-2012, 03:19 PM
I wonder if anyone has ever stole this much money from two teams on two separate contracts.

qrich
11-26-2012, 04:17 PM

Yeah, it was a low risk/high reward type of move but ended up being a low risk, no reward, unless he somehow changes his game fully around. I mean, imagine a Mo and Crawford back court chucking together :facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah, it was a low risk/high reward type of move but ended up being a low risk, no reward, unless he somehow changes his game fully around. I mean, imagine a Mo and Crawford back court chucking together :facepalm

Chuck city, indeed. :oldlol:

TheBigVeto
11-26-2012, 08:31 PM
He's not worthless.
He's of great value for the Lakers, he's on their payroll and acting as a mole to destroy opponents internally. Worked very well in Dallas. Will work again this year.

Al Thornton
11-26-2012, 10:26 PM
clippers didn't sign him. it was either another year of mo williams or taking the chance with odom. and they obviously made the right decision because clippers have enough problems finding guys minutes without williams. if he can get in shape he can easily be somewhat productive.

Clippersfan86
11-26-2012, 10:30 PM
clippers didn't sign him. it was either another year of mo williams or taking the chance with odom. and they obviously made the right decision because clippers have enough problems finding guys minutes without williams. if he can get in shape he can easily be somewhat productive.

They main reason the front office wanted Mo gone at all costs was the develop Bledsoe and increase his trade value. Like Qrich said earlier imagine Crawford+Mo together chucking off the bench? That would be disastrous :oldlol: .

amfirst
11-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Funny people use to say that Kobe held Lamar back. :lol suckers!

qrich
11-26-2012, 11:18 PM

I disagree.

I think Clippers should have waited for the Mavericks to buy out Odom and then deal Mo for another piece, even if the piece was just a trade exception and a late first/early to mid 2nd.

But I do understand why the Clippers FO didn't wait for the buyout. They were probably hoping Odom would have a bounce back year and by doing the trade, they had his bird rights to sign him in the summer.

eazyduzzit10
11-26-2012, 11:43 PM
I thought he left team USA so he could train early with the Clippers to get into shape :oldlol: :oldlol:

"Odom has withdrawn himself from consideration so that he can work with trainers to get completely healthy for the upcoming NBA season"

kingBynum
11-27-2012, 12:45 AM
odom still better than no post move griffin

Stuckey
11-27-2012, 01:22 AM
wanna trade for Charlie V??

qrich
11-27-2012, 01:25 AM
wanna trade for Charlie V??

I wouldn't mind Maggs but not Villa.

Kiddlovesnets
11-27-2012, 01:37 AM
I cant believe he shoots like 21% from the field. Never expected him to reach his LA Lakers level, but I did think he could perform better than his Mavs era.

Smoke117
11-27-2012, 02:14 AM
Lamar Odom is the biggest fat body piece of shit in the NBA.

Mr. Jabbar
11-27-2012, 02:39 AM
Can some1 please caption the animated gif (ancient aliens) with:

"Is lamar odom the most worthless player in the NBA?"
"Yes he is"

andremiller07
11-27-2012, 02:40 AM
Lamar Odom is the biggest fat body piece of shit in the NBA.

To much bacon from that pig hes with