PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan's Best Moves (by Hanamichi)

Round Mound
11-25-2012, 11:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDPBmRKtKU&feature=watch-vrec

Kobe Who? :D

no pun intended
11-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Kobe Bryant.

Poetry
11-25-2012, 11:52 PM

So odd seeing all the hand contact that was allowed before. I almost forget about all the resistance players had to deal with on their way to the basket.

Poetry
11-26-2012, 12:02 AM
lol...literally just sticks out his arm like a toll booth...MJ gets through anyway :lol

http://i45.tinypic.com/2rbyn20.png

jongib369
11-26-2012, 12:12 AM
:applause:

Round Mound
11-26-2012, 12:14 AM
The Foot Quickness, Quickness Overall, Power or Potence, Agility, Speed and Hang Time that Jordan Had Cannot Be Compared to Kobe Bryant. He Was Simply a 1 In a Life Time Player :bowdown:

Micku
11-26-2012, 01:17 AM
I never picture Samurai Champloo music to fit with basketball. Caught me by surprise.

I thought this would be some post moves by MJ for some reason. This is good too with awesome layups with him fighting through contact.

The Redemption
11-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Jordan aint got shit on Birdy Bird tho.

KOBE143
11-26-2012, 01:21 AM
The Foot Quickness, Quickness Overall, Power or Potence, Agility, Speed and Hang Time that Jordan Had Can Only Be Rival by Kobe Bryant. He Was Simply One of the Best All Time :bowdown:
Agree :applause: :cheers:

Round Mound
11-26-2012, 02:42 AM
Agree :applause: :cheers:

:no:

9erempiree
11-26-2012, 04:10 AM

I was too young to watch Michael Jordan but in that video he reminds me a lot of prime Kobe. Didn't think he can do those moves like Kobe.

Great moves.

Round Mound
11-26-2012, 04:17 AM
I was too young to watch Michael Jordan but in that video he reminds me a lot of prime Kobe. Didn't think he can do those moves like Kobe.

Great moves.

The Difference is That Whatever Move Kobe Does Jordan Did it Quicker, Faster, Stronger, More Potent, More Agil, More Hang Time. Jordan was Also A Lot Stronger Physically and a Better Post Player and Mid Range Shooter than Kobe. Kobe Was a Better Better Pure Shooter and Far Range Shooter but Jordan did Everything Else Better. Not to Mention Jordan was a TRUE Defensive Force (thanks to his athletic ability) with a Very Low DRT (Top 10 for acouple of seasons and right there with Big Men) and Top 30 something in DWS...unlike Kobe.

At 5:56 ....Kobe Could Never Make That Acrobatic Move

Round Mound
11-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Jordan aint got shit on Birdy Bird tho.

Jordan Was a Better Individual and Impact Player

Bird Was a Better Team Player and All Around Talent

Vienceslav
11-26-2012, 05:52 AM
These young cats be trolling you Chuck.

RobertdeMeijer
11-26-2012, 07:27 AM
The move he does against the Lakers in the Finals of 1991 (6:56), I never understood why he changed hands. Was it because he expected somebody to jump? Did he want to show off? Did he find it easier to shoot with his left hand?

tomtucker
11-26-2012, 07:41 AM
same shit over and over.......yawn.........Horace Grant>>>>> M.J

Dragonyeuw
11-26-2012, 09:46 AM
MJ's biggest advantage outside his athleticism was hand size. He had complete control of the ball, which combined with his athleticism allowed him to basically see what the defense was doing and then improvise in-air. Kobe has emulated some of those finishing layups but several of them you can see are just outside Kobe's ability, due to overall less athleticism and smaller hand size.

KungFuJoe
11-26-2012, 12:10 PM
The move he does against the Lakers in the Finals of 1991 (6:56), I never understood why he changed hands. Was it because he expected somebody to jump? Did he want to show off? Did he find it easier to shoot with his left hand?

Total show off move. Jordan says he saw Perkins slide over for the block so he switched hands fo avoid him but if you watch he ain't no where near him. No laker is. He did it cuz he could. And that's why he's the best.

KungFuJoe
11-26-2012, 12:13 PM
MJ's biggest advantage outside his athleticism was hand size. He had complete control of the ball, which combined with his athleticism allowed him to basically see what the defense was doing and then improvise in-air. Kobe has emulated some of those finishing layups but several of them you can see are just outside Kobe's ability, due to overall less athleticism and smaller hand size.

This.

Hand size was a huge advantage. It's like god said "let me make the perfect basketball player" and created Jordan.

He had no weakness, no physical or mental liability. None. Breaks his foot in his second season and god says "here, let me take care of that for you."

Truly blessed.

Floppy
11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
The Difference is That Whatever Move Kobe Does Jordan Did it Quicker, Faster, Stronger, More Potent, More Agil, More Hang Time. Jordan was Also A Lot Stronger Physically and a Better Post Player and Mid Range Shooter than Kobe. Kobe Was a Better Better Pure Shooter and Far Range Shooter but Jordan did Everything Else Better. Not to Mention Jordan was a TRUE Defensive Force (thanks to his athletic ability) with a Very Low DRT (Top 10 for acouple of seasons and right there with Big Men) and Top 30 something in DWS...unlike Kobe.

At 5:56 ....Kobe Could Never Make That Acrobatic Move

Nobody could do that move. Easily the greatest move ever. The strength and body control required is unreal.

Floppy
11-26-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't think he wanted to show off. One of the defenders prepared to jump but didn't take off which makes it look a bit stupid.

STATUTORY
11-26-2012, 03:43 PM
:applause: :applause:

Kobe-esque

Poetry
11-26-2012, 04:02 PM
MJ's biggest advantage outside his athleticism was hand size. He had complete control of the ball...

Stockton and Cousy both had large hands. Combined with their amazing peripheral vision, it helped facilitate their passing games.

Glide2keva
11-26-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't think he wanted to show off. One of the defenders prepared to jump but didn't take off which makes it look a bit stupid.
He said he saw Sam Parkins about to jump, so he switched hands.

Horatio33
11-26-2012, 04:11 PM
The "OH! A SPEK-TAK-ULAR MOVE!" play was his THIRTEENTH STRAIGHT field goal in the game. I'd be trying to do different stuff at that point to see how on fire I was.

Glide2keva
11-26-2012, 04:19 PM
The "OH! A SPEK-TAK-ULAR MOVE!" play was his THIRTEENTH STRAIGHT field goal in the game. I'd be trying to do different stuff at that point to see how on fire I was.
Yeah, he was on fire for real that game, especially during that stretch. Yeah 13 consecutive FIELD GOALS is ridiculous.

Round Mound
11-26-2012, 05:00 PM
This.

Hand size was a huge advantage. It's like god said "let me make the perfect basketball player" and created Jordan.

He had no weakness, no physical or mental liability. None. Breaks his foot in his second season and god says "here, let me take care of that for you."

Truly blessed.

Good Observations :applause:

Money 23
11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Pretty much ... :pimp:

eliteballer
11-26-2012, 05:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-tXvMriU0Y
:rolleyes:

TheMan
11-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Why is it that in every MJ thread, Kobe's name has to come up:facepalm

MJ is a consensus GOAT, Kobe might crack the all-time top 10 at the end of his career and already LBJ will pass him up...

Vertical-24
11-26-2012, 07:46 PM
***edit**********

9erempiree
11-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Nobody could do that move. Easily the greatest move ever. The strength and body control required is unreal.

ROFL.

People were doing that move when I was in high school and I remember one guy doing it and he had hops, so it looked real good.

:oldlol:

Vertical-24
11-26-2012, 07:58 PM

MJ is a consensus GOAT, Kobe might crack the all-time top 10 at the end of his career and already LBJ will pass him up...

Might crack the top 10? Really? Who edges him out, Oscar Rob? Not saying there's not a legitimate argument behind it but just asking. Haven't seen the old "Kobe's not even top 10!" argument since around 08-09. Well maybe I have, but I usually don't pay much attention to it. I don't see how anyone could rank Kobe outside the top 10. Is it because he shot 45% his whole career? Is it because he's "an overrated chucker?"

And RoundMound, had to sneak a little Kobe jab in there huh? :oldlol:

Besides all of that, this is a great share. To be that athletically gifted and skilled is one hell of a blessing. Getting beat up on the perimeter and completely dominating all competition, a true competitor with a heart of a lion. When you watch clips of Michael, there is no doubt in your mind that he's the GOAT. Footwork, Body-Control, Post-game, midrange, etc. Michael gave you everything. Great clips man, great clips.

DonDadda59
11-26-2012, 08:39 PM

Yup, whenever Phil is asked about the difference between Jordan and Bean he usually brings up Jordan's 'million dollar' hands. Very few perimeter players have/had Jordan's overall physical package, and Kobe isn't one of them.

Round Mound
11-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Yup, whenever Phil is asked about the difference between Jordan and Bean he usually brings up Jordan's 'million dollar' hands. Very few perimeter players have/had Jordan's overall physical package, and Kobe isn't one of them.

Phil also mentioned that Jordan had a Bigger Body (Stronger) and Many Have Commented About This Fact. Barkley said "Put Someone as Quick as Him He Was Stronger but Someone Who Was as Strong He Was Too Quick For Him". Robert Horry and Magic also said "Jordan Was The Strongest SG to Play the Game Body Wise"...Tis True...:applause:

eliteballer
11-26-2012, 10:14 PM
The problem is you morons haven't seen Jordan move in "real time" in over a decade and just see highlights with terrible framerates. Kobe's physical package is definitely comparable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-tXvMriU0Y&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvWy9liwC7U&feature=plcp

VegasLakerFan
11-26-2012, 10:27 PM
The problem is you morons haven't seen Jordan move in "real time" in over a decade and just see highlights with terrible framerates. Kobe's physical package is definitely comparable...

I wouldn't bother, man- even though this post is NOT about MJ.:no:

Asukal
11-26-2012, 11:02 PM

Morons are people like you who believe Kobe is in MJ's level. Great as he is, Jordan is just better. :rolleyes:

Round Mound
11-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Jordan Was So Much A Better Athleate to Kobe Its Not Even Funny: Jordan was Stronger, Faster, Quicker, Higher Leaper, More Agil, Longer Hang Time, More Explosive, Bigger Hands and Superior Power its Not Even Close.

Kobe Does Jordan Moves Slower (like Slow Motion) and With No Handchecking or Big Men Camping in the Lane.

Kobe is an Inferior Player to Jordan in Every Aspect but Pure Shooting or Streak Shooting. Jordan Was the Better Athleate, The Better Mid Range Post Player, The Better Rim Attacker, The Better Open Court Player, The Better Passer, The Better Rebounder and A REAL LOCK DOWN DEFENDER with very Low Defensive Rating and Top 35 in DWS.

Cali Syndicate
11-27-2012, 02:58 AM
Jordan Was So Much A Better Athleate to Kobe Its Not Even Funny: Jordan was Stronger, Faster, Quicker, Higher Leaper, More Agil, Longer Hang Time, More Explosive, Bigger Hands and Superior Power its Not Even Close.

Kobe Does Jordan Moves Slower (like Slow Motion) and With No Handchecking or Big Men Camping in the Lane.

Kobe is an Inferior Player to Jordan in Every Aspect but Pure Shooting or Streak Shooting. Jordan Was the Better Athleate, The Better Mid Range Post Player, The Better Rim Attacker, The Better Open Court Player, The Better Passer, The Better Rebounder and A REAL LOCK DOWN DEFENDER with very Low Defensive Rating and Top 35 in DWS.

Almost sounds like the person you're trying to convince is yourself.

Poetry
11-27-2012, 03:29 AM
The problem is you morons haven't seen Jordan move in "real time" in over a decade and just see highlights with terrible framerates.

So apparently now Michael Jordan is the new Loch Ness Monster :lol

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01466/Loch-ness-monster_1466828c.jpg

http://donisdope.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/jumpman_logo.jpg

no pun intended
11-27-2012, 03:32 AM

Because this wasn't a MJ thread to begin with. OP mentioned Kobe, so that makes it acceptable.