PDA

View Full Version : Destiny (Bungie's new video game) early details:

Pages : [1] 2 3

jaydacris
11-28-2012, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE]
IGN says that Destiny involves an alien ship that helps protect a city from monsters

Details of Bungie's first game since quitting the best-selling Halo franchise have been leaked online.

The gaming website IGN has obtained marketing materials revealing it is called Destiny,
and aims to create a universe "as deep" as the Star Wars franchise,

The project had been one of publisher Activision's most closely guarded secrets.

It has a 10-year exclusive arrangement with the development studio.

Activision has previously told investors that the game would be "genre-defining" and prove to be one of its two "largest growth opportunities"
over coming years, alongside the Call of Duty series.

Following IGN's exclusive, Bungie reproduced one of the images on its own site and confirmed the leak's authenticity.

According to IGN the game will be set 700 years in the future, and feature battles with aliens to protect the "last city on Earth"
after the collapse of mankind's efforts to colonise the Solar System.

A screenshot suggests the first title in the expected series will run on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Bungie's most recent releases
had only run on Xbox systems.

A decision to build another sci-fi franchise will see Destiny compete with the developer's original series.

Microsoft has said it has plans for at least another two Halo games. Its most recent sequel, Halo 4, was created by its own subsidiary 343 Industries.
The series as a whole has generated more than $3.4bn (

intrinsic
11-29-2012, 01:13 PM
The surface screenshots have a Lost Planet quality. It feels like this game is telling the same story with a massive amount of money, and marketing, behind it.

Rose
02-17-2013, 02:34 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/17/bungies-destiny-a-land-of-hope-and-dreams

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/destiny/b/xbox360/archive/2013/02/17/bungie-leaves-halo-behind-as-it-embraces-its-new-destiny.aspx
Destiny takes place on the planet Earth, but well into the future when a mysterious weapon destroyed most of the planet and its inhabitants at the end of humanity

CelticBaller
02-17-2013, 02:55 PM
looks like an cgi anime

Al Thornton
02-17-2013, 03:19 PM
it would be cool if they made a game that wasn't this close to halo

takai
02-18-2013, 09:09 PM
it would be cool if they made a game that wasn't this close to halo
I have to agree. When I fist watched IGN's video, the first thing that came to mind was Halo. Although, this still looks promising. Especially with what Bungie's president said about it, about it tapping into your inner 7 year old and making it more of a magical adventure.

Hope more details come soon.

Patrick Chewing
02-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Bungie can do wrong by me

Burgz V2
02-23-2013, 04:29 PM
looks great. looks like Halo, but looks great.

Rose
12-06-2013, 08:45 PM
September 9 release day.
http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Launch-Date/en/News/News

Majorly bummed, I was really hoping for an early summer release date. Kinda surprised about the date especially since on November 14 they said the beta was coming in the spring. :lol

jaydacris
12-06-2013, 10:22 PM
thanks for using my thread! =]

magnax1
12-08-2013, 01:01 PM
September 9 release day.
http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Launch-Date/en/News/News

Majorly bummed, I was really hoping for an early summer release date. Kinda surprised about the date especially since on November 14 they said the beta was coming in the spring. :lol
:cry:

Shade8780
12-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Pretty hyped for this game, especially since I'll finally be able to play a game that's at least similar to Halo :oldlol: I've been on Playstation since the PS2.

Straight_Ballin
12-27-2013, 05:56 PM
I could give to shits about the story, I just want a MMO that has a skill curve like no other game before it.

Undisputed
12-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Of course it looks like Halo. Bungie IS Halo as far as I am concerned. With the direction Halo has gone, I would welcome a worthy replacement from the studio that made the game so great.

Undisputed
12-27-2013, 07:43 PM
I could give to shits about the story, I just want a MMO that has a skill curve like no other game before it.

But with that comes a shorter life for the game. These days casuals aren't going to keep playing a game that takes a while to be able to do some real damage.

Rose
06-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Any other PS4 users get into the Alpha? Played an hour or so, and I've had a blast. The weapons are nice. Powers are meh. Enemies are interesting, and fairly intelligent. Environments are gorgeous, and pretty fun to play in. Music is top notch. Got a mix of Borderlands and Halo. With just a bit of Mass Effect thrown in.

TheReal Kendall
06-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Any other PS4 users get into the Alpha? Played an hour or so, and I've had a blast. The weapons are nice. Powers are meh. Enemies are interesting, and fairly intelligent. Environments are gorgeous, and pretty fun to play in. Music is top notch. Got a mix of Borderlands and Halo. With just a bit of Mass Effect thrown in.

How you get in the beta????

Rondooooooooooo
06-13-2014, 06:39 AM
How you get in the beta????

When you preorder the game you get a beta code.

Shade8780
06-13-2014, 10:18 AM
Got into the Alpha :banana: Gonna download it now.

Rose
06-13-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm stuck at one point and I don't know if I'm going about it all wrong, or if the guy is taking shit for damage because it's an alpha.:lol

magnax1
06-13-2014, 06:20 PM
I tried but idk what email my PS4 account is linked too
:lol

Al Thornton
06-13-2014, 08:08 PM
Got into the Alpha :banana: Gonna download it now.

this is very unfair

being 13 and irish should automatically mean u don't ever get any kind of special access codes

(im mad)

Shade8780
06-14-2014, 07:26 AM
Holy shit, this is crazy. Only played one mission so far, but it's great, and Tyrion is talking to you the whole time!

Shade8780
06-14-2014, 08:15 AM
When you preorder the game you get a beta code.
No, there was a website that you could register for it.

Mr Exlax
06-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Maaaaaan I wasn't even concerned about this game but I signed up for the alpha anyway and got in. This game is gonna be epic. The controls feel smooth. The graphics and visuals are so beautiful. I can't wait for this game now man.

Rose
06-14-2014, 05:04 PM
Almost reached level cap. Very nice. The last mission you can do its pretty tough.

CarlosBoozer
06-14-2014, 11:11 PM
:(

Rondooooooooooo
06-15-2014, 03:09 PM
No, there was a website that you could register for it.

I pre-ordered the game at game stop and got a beta code, signed up and all is working

GOBB
06-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Looks good I just can't do the Halo type games. Never could get into Sci Fi genre

TheReal Kendall
06-16-2014, 05:14 PM
I got the code from PSN and I played like the first mission the other day. The game looks like a borderlands with better graphics.

Controls are great and I like the rpg elements. I see some multiplayer gameplay on youtube and it looks fun also.

Seems like this game has a lot to offer. Definitely a day 1 purchase for me

Rose
07-17-2014, 01:56 PM
Beta's "live" now. But Sony's servers are worse than ISH's so good luck getting it to download.

If you preordered digitally you should be able to get it download easily right now but slowly. If you went with a physical copy. Log into bungie.net then when you need to authenticate your PSN, keep refreshing the window that pops up wanting you to log in. Then go to profile--->codes.

And the waiting game for getting in the PSN store begins!

Mr Exlax
07-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Beta's "live" now. But Sony's servers are worse than ISH's so good luck getting it to download.

If you preordered digitally you should be able to get it download easily right now but slowly. If you went with a physical copy. Log into bungie.net then when you need to authenticate your PSN, keep refreshing the window that pops up wanting you to log in. Then go to profile--->codes.

And the waiting game for getting in the PSN store begins!

I went to the PS store and left it up for about 20 minutes and came back and I was in. The download from the store was super fast. You open the Beta and then there's a big file you download from Bungie.

Rose
07-17-2014, 04:30 PM
I went to the PS store and left it up for about 20 minutes and came back and I was in. The download from the store was super fast. You open the Beta and then there's a big file you download from Bungie.
Yep. I'm over halfway done with that.

Rondooooooooooo
07-18-2014, 04:25 AM
I was playing the beta for about 30 minutes before I came to work. Pretty fun so far, Im def going to be logging a lot of hours into it this weekend ha

KingMillions
07-18-2014, 06:36 AM
I am more partial to the shooters that resmeble real life rather then some fantasy land so I am not to excited about this game. It looks interesting but just isn't for me. I tend to shy away from FPS in general expect Farcry really.

EnoughSaid
07-18-2014, 02:40 PM
Have put in maybe an hour into this. Finished the second mission in Old Russia. Halfway up to level 4.

We need to get a fire team going on from here though.

And btw, thanks Rose. :lol

Jameerthefear
07-18-2014, 03:11 PM
I have $60 on my Microsoft account. Should I preorder this for 360?

Mr Exlax
07-18-2014, 04:32 PM
I hope I'm home this weekend. I'm going out with the misses and kiddies tonight. Add me and we can get it on. I'm already maxed at level 8. I guess I'll try the other classes.

Mr_Exlax on PSN
Mr Exlax on XBL

Shade8780
07-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Why do all the good games have to be later in the year? Destiny, 2K, FIFA, Evolve, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry... Have to decide what I wanna get.

EnoughSaid
07-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Why do all the good games have to be later in the year? Destiny, 2K, FIFA, Evolve, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry... Have to decide what I wanna get.

Arkham Knight also.

It's just the holiday season so developers and companies prefer for everything to be released around this exact time.

I know I'll for sure be getting 2K, FIFA and Arkham Knight. Don't know if I'll comit to Destiny yet.

Rondooooooooooo
07-19-2014, 12:47 AM
I have $60 on my Microsoft account. Should I preorder this for 360?

What kind of games you usually like? You play Halo at all?

Shade8780
07-19-2014, 05:59 AM
Arkham Knight also.

It's just the holiday season so developers and companies prefer for everything to be released around this exact time.

I know I'll for sure be getting 2K, FIFA and Arkham Knight. Don't know if I'll comit to Destiny yet.
Arkham Knight's been delayed till 2015.

Shade8780
07-19-2014, 06:02 AM
I'm thinking I'll just get Destiny and 2K. I'll ask my sister to buy FIFA since she plays it too.

step_back
07-19-2014, 09:49 AM
So far it's been great (PS4). The servers are a little shaky at the moment seeing as I've lost connection twice. I play on a wired Fibre optic connection of around 50MB so I know it's not my end.

The atmosphere is fantastic. Considering this is still the beta the game looks incredible. This will definitely be the next shooter I pick up. So far I only have BF4 and that sucks.

Rose
07-19-2014, 04:20 PM
If somebody still needs in the beta, check the email you used to make your PSN. I got another code sent there.

Rondooooooooooo
07-19-2014, 07:05 PM
I love it so far. Phase 6 was around 2 hours long, and was pretty fun. I love the rpg/fps fusion, kinda like a borderlands except alot better looking.

Le Shaqtus
07-21-2014, 03:31 AM
I f*cking love this game, especially when you play it with friends.

September can't come soon enough.

Dr Seuss
07-21-2014, 03:17 PM
just for clarification, if i pre-order this game for PS4, i get a code for beta?

TheReal Kendall
07-21-2014, 05:26 PM
just for clarification, if i pre-order this game for PS4, i get a code for beta?

Yes.

Game is awesome! I'm kinda getting my butt whooped on the Mulitplayer though.

Ai2death
07-22-2014, 01:56 AM
When i watch game footage of this, it doesn't look that impressive.

Mr Exlax
07-22-2014, 10:39 AM
I have 3 extra PS4 codes if anybody wants one. PM me.

Rose
07-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Beta is back, and now open for 360/xbone as well.

Jameerthefear
07-22-2014, 07:29 PM
can anyone hook me up with 360 beta code?

LBJFTW
07-22-2014, 10:29 PM
This shit is 5.14GB. Hope these kids don't decide to not buy the real game after I'm done whooping their ass on multiplayer....

LBJFTW
07-23-2014, 12:05 AM
Wtf? To play multiplayer in the beta, you have to:

be level 5, then go to a tower where there will be a green indicator above a The Crucible Handler, Lord Shaxx. he will enable the ability to play "Crucible" which is multiplayer.

They couldn't just have put a multiplayer menu?

Levity
07-23-2014, 03:20 PM
just got my beta code for PS4!!!

was watching my buddy play it last night. very, very borderlands-esque. Stoked to play it though. and with TLOU coming out on tuesday, its a great time to have ps4.

EnoughSaid
07-23-2014, 04:08 PM
So I just got up to level 6 and got PS Plus. Crucible is very, very fun. Very halo-esque but is quicker and has a more military-feel to it.

I feel like I need to try out the Titan and Warlock classes though.

Jameerthefear
07-23-2014, 04:10 PM
no one has a 360 code? :(

LBJFTW
07-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Lol they've been touting this game as being "next gen" all this time.

WTF is so next gen about playing boarderlands 2 with different helmets, gauntlets, armor and about 6 different weapon types with 3 different classes? Not the type of product I expected from bungie.

So I got to level 6, and started playing multiplayer. Just another game that rewards players based on time put in, rather than actual skill. Sure I can unlock all the best armor and weapons, but whats the point? First off, it's a beta so that shit probably won't carry over to the actual game and 2nd, the mechanics of multiplayer are worse than Halo 4 (which is pretty damn bad)

I see this game offering as much fun as boarderlands did, but not much more.

TheReal Kendall
07-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Lol they've been touting this game as being "next gen" all this time.

WTF is so next gen about playing boarderlands 2 with different helmets, gauntlets, armor and about 6 different weapon types with 3 different classes? Not the type of product I expected from bungie.

So I got to level 6, and started playing multiplayer. Just another game that rewards players based on time put in, rather than actual skill. Sure I can unlock all the best armor and weapons, but whats the point? First off, it's a beta so that shit probably won't carry over to the actual game and 2nd, the mechanics of multiplayer are worse than Halo 4 (which is pretty damn bad)

I see this game offering as much fun as boarderlands did, but not much more.

:rolleyes:

You're the first person I've seen hate on this game. Everyone else loves it.

LBJFTW
07-23-2014, 06:29 PM
:rolleyes:

You're the first person I've seen hate on this game. Everyone else loves it.

It's not that it's a bad game. (Titanfall is a bad game) It plays like boarderlands and boarderlands is a good game. What I'm saying is that it's nothing "out of this world" like other games that were just as hyped up were when they first came out.

When these games first came out, they lived up to the hype and were different for their time.

First sega CD game
Mario 64
Goldeneye
Original Halo on Xbox

Destiny isn't anything special, but since last year Bungie's been saying that it's the "next halo". It's not.

TheReal Kendall
07-23-2014, 06:54 PM
It's not that it's a bad game. (Titanfall is a bad game) It plays like boarderlands and boarderlands is a good game. What I'm saying is that it's nothing "out of this world" like other games that were just as hyped up were when they first came out.

When these games first came out, they lived up to the hype and were different for their time.

First sega CD game
Mario 64
Goldeneye
Original Halo on Xbox

Destiny isn't anything special, but since last year Bungie's been saying that it's the "next halo". It's not.

I definitely agree with you on Titanfall and somewhat agree with you on Destiny.

To me the game is a mix of Halo and Borderlands(both great games). I just feel like they took the best aspects out of each game.

I think it will live up to it's hype but it's not gonna be groundbreaking like those games you listed.

I'm enjoying the beta atm so I really don't have many complaints about the game but I get what your saying though.

Draz
07-23-2014, 09:30 PM
Online looks like a mix between cod and killzone. I like it.

Mr Exlax
07-25-2014, 11:03 PM
Any of you hoes wanna play?
Mr_Exlax PSN
Mr Exlax XBL

TheReal Kendall
07-25-2014, 11:51 PM
Any of you hoes wanna play?
Mr_Exlax PSN
Mr Exlax XBL

I'm getting on after work. Ken_is_a_Beast2 PSN

Mr Exlax
07-25-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm getting on after work. Ken_is_a_Beast2 PSN

I'll add you when my kiddoes get off the PS4

Brujesino
07-27-2014, 01:54 AM
tried to do the second mission on hard by myself only level 2 and got my ass kicked

Draz
07-27-2014, 09:48 AM
tried to do the second mission on hard by myself only level 2 and got my ass kicked
:roll: rate the game?

Shade8780
07-27-2014, 04:20 PM
What's the difference between this and the Alpha? The Alpha was pretty limited, not much to do, but still fun.

Shade8780
07-27-2014, 04:36 PM
What class and race did you guys pick?

TheReal Kendall
07-27-2014, 07:22 PM
What class and race did you guys pick?

I picked warlock/human. From what I've seen it seems like the best class imo.

Rondooooooooooo
07-27-2014, 08:34 PM
Ive done two, Titan/Human and Warlock/Awoken and the warlock is my favorite. My roomate did Hunter and that gun you use as your special is pretty bad ass, idk which one ima do yet

zoom17
07-28-2014, 01:25 AM
Got this game Today about to play it tonight:banana:

TheReal Kendall
07-28-2014, 01:38 AM
Got this game Today about to play it tonight:banana:

:coleman: You mean the Beta right?

Shade8780
07-28-2014, 07:08 AM
I picked that too.

Burgz V2
07-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Burgz10, usually on late nights if anyone wants to co-op

agreed.

TheReal Kendall
07-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Are y'all still able to play on PS4? I tried last night and it said the servers were offline.

Shade8780
07-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Are y'all still able to play on PS4? I tried last night and it said the servers were offline.
It ended on Sunday.

Burgz V2
07-30-2014, 04:13 PM
did they say they were going to take the game down on Sunday? if not, and they did it abruptly without notice, that's absolutely genius.

TheWINdyCity
07-31-2014, 03:21 AM
did they say they were going to take the game down on Sunday? if not, and they did it abruptly without notice, that's absolutely genius.

it was announced the beta would end sunday.

LBJFTW
08-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Lol @ all the failures who spent a full week building up their characters only to have to do it all over again since what was done in the beta won't carry over to the final game. :lol

TheReal Kendall
08-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Lol @ all the failures who spent a full week building up their characters only to have to do it all over again since what was done in the beta won't carry over to the final game. :lol

Failures? I had tons of fun on the beta and I'm exited for the full game.

LBJFTW
08-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Failures? I had tons of fun on the beta and I'm exited for the full game.

I did too but I didn't grind all 3 character classes to the max only to have to repeat all that shit when the real game comes out like some did. That's time better well spent playing non beta games. :lol

TheReal Kendall
08-11-2014, 06:40 PM
I did too but I didn't grind all 3 character classes to the max only to have to repeat all that shit when the real game comes out like some did. That's time better well spent playing non beta games. :lol

I didn't either. I just did the Warlock but I was gonna start a Hunter class. It didn't feel like a grind at all to me.

But I get what you're saying though

Spaulding
08-12-2014, 06:07 AM

Playing games =/= time well spent

Rondooooooooooo
08-12-2014, 07:03 AM

it actually gave me good practice with each character to know which one I wanna do.

nightprowler10
08-14-2014, 05:50 PM
Another FPS. Sigh.

Rose
08-21-2014, 06:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv7vqCmt6wY

Shade8780
08-22-2014, 08:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv7vqCmt6wY
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/50006049.jpg

Le Shaqtus
08-22-2014, 11:34 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/50006049.jpg

:roll:

glidedrxlr22
09-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Who's getting this on Tuesday the 9th? I've convinced myself to get it. I didn't play the beta. See you guys on the PS4......glidemvp22

Le Shaqtus
09-05-2014, 02:32 PM
My grades are gonna be ass once I get this game :(

Shade8780
09-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Moi. Surprisingly not very hyped though. Haven't even pre-ordered yet, but I'll be picking it up.

Brujesino
09-06-2014, 12:14 AM
Who's getting this on Tuesday the 9th? I've convinced myself to get it. I didn't play the beta. See you guys on the PS4......glidemvp22
me

pre ordered the white ps4 bundle probably wont have time to play it though.

Spaulding
09-06-2014, 12:43 PM

I am because I have a few buddies who want to play it. Not too optismic on how long I will play but I am sure it will be fun to play with friends for a bit.

glidedrxlr22
09-07-2014, 09:10 PM
me

pre ordered the white ps4 bundle probably wont have time to play it though.

Finally you got a next gen system. Good to see it's a ps4. You'll make time. :cheers:

Shade8780
09-08-2014, 01:08 PM
I don't know many friends getting it except for one, and he won't be getting it straight away either.

Thorpesaurous
09-08-2014, 01:38 PM
I have weirdly like zero interest in this game. I know it's not my thing, being a FPS and multiplayer heavy, but I usually give all the major AAA titles at least a glance, and this just nothing at all for whatever reason.

glidedrxlr22
09-08-2014, 02:21 PM
I have weirdly like zero interest in this game. I know it's not my thing, being a FPS and multiplayer heavy, but I usually give all the major AAA titles at least a glance, and this just nothing at all for whatever reason.

I had zero interest in this as of a week ago. My last few months of gaming have been mainly 3rd person games. I'm ready to go back to some 1st person shooting. That and I've never play an MMO game.

Le Shaqtus
09-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Preordered that bad boy today, getting all my homework done so I can be all set :banana:

Shade8780
09-08-2014, 02:30 PM
I had zero interest in this as of a week ago. My last few months of gaming have been mainly 3rd person games. I'm ready to go back to some 1st person shooting. That and I've never play an MMO game.
Yeah, my mood has changed completely. If you read my previous post, I wasn't that excited, but now I'm really hyped for tomorrow. I still haven't even finished TLOU: RM, so I'll try and get Winter done tonight.

Won't be able to play this until my mom gets home from work at 6 tomorrow, that is if it's still in-stock by the afternoon.

Ai2death
09-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Haven't had any interest in this, but it has release here right now, wondering if i should pick it up, so currently searching through as much as i can to see if i should buy it.

Only thing is, i don't have a great net connection. is it online only? and can you just play it single player?

Edit: Nvm, just been scanning the forums, online only, no single/multiplayer offline.
Damn i hate that. I really thought people would still try and cater to single & local multiplayer, especially local co-op, but i feel like we are a dieing breed sometimes.

Le Shaqtus
09-09-2014, 09:27 AM
I can't get it until I get out of school today :mad: DAMNIT

LJJ
09-09-2014, 10:13 AM
I grabbed the PS4 also. Add me Rickuyi, would be fun to get some ISH fam on board.

Shade8780
09-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Texted my mom and apparently it cost 75 euro. This happen to anyone else?

step_back
09-09-2014, 03:49 PM
Been playing it all day. It's a great game. Perhaps a bit repetitive at times but other than that it's a great shooter.

So far I'm level 12 and have just unlocked Mars.

JimmyMcAdocious
09-09-2014, 05:13 PM
What is this like? Sounds like Borderlands meets Halo.

How is the multiplayer, step_back?

Jameerthefear
09-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Just bought it!

Brujesino
09-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Mine got delayed:(

Bank saw it as fraud because i bought the ps4 bundle, external hard drive and cap america all at once.

shipped today and should get it tomorrow though

TylerOO
09-09-2014, 11:04 PM
This shit looks gorgeous on ps4

jaydacris
09-09-2014, 11:38 PM

Bank saw it as fraud because i bought the ps4 bundle, external hard drive and cap america all at once.

dat mexican racism

RoseCity07
09-10-2014, 02:22 AM
It's a pretty awesome game but probably because I never bought the hype. Halo gameplay was better as far as the feel of firing a weapon but this game has more stuff to do.

You get to do missions in your own order by going to different planets or the moon. As you get better you get to unlock different guns and and powers. You can also do armor upgrades so you can survive a bigger firefight.

Im a level six after playing last night. I got this one power where my guy does this hulk smash thing and it kills almost everything near you. It's a nuclear option I use if I'm about to die because it takes forever to recharge.

Overall this game is solid and it gets better the more you play. The thing that keeps it fun is strategizing how you want to play a mission. You also get connected to other players automatically that can help you finish a mission.

So far I say this game is a solid 8 but could go up if the story has a good finish.

Al Thornton
09-10-2014, 04:43 AM
very addicting

glidedrxlr22
09-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Damn....didn't get to play much yesterday. :banghead:

step_back
09-10-2014, 10:24 AM
What is this like? Sounds like Borderlands meets Halo.

How is the multiplayer, step_back?

I've not played multiplayer yet, just done the campaign so far.

I'm now on Rank 17. I recommend doing the bounty's, they're the quickest way to rank up.

glidedrxlr22
09-10-2014, 12:27 PM
I went with a Titan Exo. You guys? Anyone doing multiple runs?

Anti Hero
09-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Just barely started looking at this game, I've seen there is no economy but is there at least a trading system that you can use between your friends and you?

Rose
09-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Just barely started looking at this game, I've seen there is no economy but is there at least a trading system that you can use between your friends and you?
No trading system as far as I know. You can however trade between your characters.

I'm level 10, my multiplayer score really fluctuates a lot. Sometimes I have a .5 kdr and I'm middle of the pack on the team. And sometimes I'm at least around 1.0 and I'm the best by a decent bit. I can't seem to figure out the best way to play yet. I think the autorifle/shotgun combo is the best. But I'm not entirely sure.

Shade8780
09-10-2014, 02:45 PM
I went with a Titan Exo. You guys? Anyone doing multiple runs?
Is this what your character looks like?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Master_Chief_in_Halo_4.png

I went with a Warlock Exo.

oarabbus
09-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Yo guys - just heard about the lack of voice chat and it makes me really not want to buy this game. I was hoping for some 1000 vs. 1000 type shit (yes this is an exaggeration but you get the point), and now I hear it's 3 people on a squad :facepalm

Also, I played enough borderlands 2 in my day... is this different enough to warrant a purchase?

For example I would consider Titanfall NOT worth a purchase, because I played so much COD and Halo. Game is fun but not enough to drop 60.

step_back
09-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Yo guys - just heard about the lack of voice chat and it makes me really not want to buy this game. I was hoping for some 1000 vs. 1000 type shit (yes this is an exaggeration but you get the point), and now I hear it's 3 people on a squad :facepalm

Also, I played enough borderlands 2 in my day... is this different enough to warrant a purchase?

For example I would consider Titanfall NOT worth a purchase, because I played so much COD and Halo. Game is fun but not enough to drop 60.

In all honesty if you've played through Borderlands chances are Destiny will feel too familiar. It's a mash up of Halo and Borderlands. It's a good game and I recommend it but chances are you might be wasting $60.

I'm almost at rank 20 now. Played a few multiplayer missions. It's like Halo if you were wondering.

Brujesino
09-10-2014, 07:32 PM

****ing UPS wouldnt leave the package because I wasnt home :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

They cant schedule me for after a certain time or turn the **** around and deliver my shit

****!:mad:

TheReal Kendall
09-10-2014, 08:33 PM
****ing UPS wouldnt leave the package because I wasnt home :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

They cant schedule me for after a certain time or turn the **** around and deliver my shit

****!:mad:

:roll:

You want someone to steal your package?

Just go to the warehouse and pick it up.

Anti Hero
09-10-2014, 09:06 PM
It's too bad that you can't have a throw it over the fence option, or leave it under a rock.. but yea man, go pick it up.

oarabbus
09-10-2014, 09:14 PM
In all honesty if you've played through Borderlands chances are Destiny will feel too familiar. It's a mash up of Halo and Borderlands. It's a good game and I recommend it but chances are you might be wasting $60.

I'm almost at rank 20 now. Played a few multiplayer missions. It's like Halo if you were wondering.

:cheers:

Might wait till I pick up a PS4/XboxOne then, and hope the price has dropped a bit.

RoseCity07
09-10-2014, 10:08 PM
:cheers:

Might wait till I pick up a PS4/XboxOne then, and hope the price has dropped a bit.

If you're waiting you can probably buy it in eBay for 40 in a month or two.

Le Shaqtus
09-11-2014, 12:30 AM
Been playing since Tuesday, after I get off school tomorrow I'll be playing the shit out of it again, Human/Hunter at level 15.

The best part by far is playing with my friends, one is a Warlock and the other is the Titan and it makes the campaign so much more fun with friends, it's a blast and also super intense.

Mr Exlax
09-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Anybody else feel like it's slightly tougher than it was on the Alpha and Beta? I died more times in 1 day than I did in the Beta and Alpha combined lol.

Le Shaqtus
09-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Anybody else feel like it's slightly tougher than it was on the Alpha and Beta? I died more times in 1 day than I did in the Beta and Alpha combined lol.

Are you playing it on Hard?

JimmyMcAdocious
09-11-2014, 04:58 PM
What's everyone playing this on anyway?

Mr Exlax
09-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Are you playing it on Hard?

Ah shit. Didn't even realize it. Yup. Playing on hard.

Mr Exlax
09-11-2014, 09:43 PM
What's everyone playing this on anyway?

PS4 for me

Mr_Exlax

Le Shaqtus
09-12-2014, 03:25 AM
Level 22, Found some legendary boots and have mostly blue items minus my primary weapon and chest piece.

Derka
09-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Will check it if it gets a PC release. Doing a mobo/processor upgrade in a few months so I'll be ready for next year's hotness; should be able to run this badboy easy.

LJJ
09-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Wow this game is getting slammed by the critics so far and also by a lot of gamers.

Honestly I get some of the criticism. The lore and storytelling in this game is just bad. The beginning is pretty bad. The lack of voice chat options makes such a community driven game a little boring. The game is a huge grind.

But after 10 hours or so the game is starting to click with me. The shooting mechanics are rock solid. It's a beautiful game. It's a lot of fun if you are playing in a party. The multiplayer is very solid. It can be very challenging. The loot aspects starts getting a lot better once your character is past level 10 or so.

Very good all around game. And perfect for a release at this time. It's a grindy, mmo-ish style game that is going to keep you busy for a while. Bungie just made a few mistakes in their design that creates a lot of backlash for a very worthwhile product.

Rose
09-12-2014, 03:26 PM
I'm kinda upset/disappointed that Bungie wasted a fantastic idea for a universe, with the shitty story/Tyrion acting. (I don't blame him the writing is just atrocious) But, to me its still a 10/10 game. The shooting mechanics are perfect. The classes/subclasses are well balanced. The progression is pretty solid. I'd like for it to be a bit tougher, but oh well. The multiplayer maps are all really good aside from one of the Mars ones, but its growing on me. All the worlds are really well done.

My only two complaints are the godawful story, and only having 3 people in a fireteam. It's just weird.

TheReal Kendall
09-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Wow this game is getting slammed by the critics so far and also by a lot of gamers.

Honestly I get some of the criticism. The lore and storytelling in this game is just bad. The beginning is pretty bad. The lack of voice chat options makes such a community driven game a little boring. The game is a huge grind.

But after 10 hours or so the game is starting to click with me. The shooting mechanics are rock solid. It's a beautiful game. It's a lot of fun if you are playing in a party. The multiplayer is very solid. It can be very challenging. The loot aspects starts getting a lot better once your character is past level 10 or so.

Very good all around game. And perfect for a release at this time. It's a grindy, mmo-ish style game that is going to keep you busy for a while. Bungie just made a few mistakes in their design that creates a lot of backlash for a very worthwhile product.

Yea I've seen a lot of mixed reviews for this. I still haven't picked up my preorder yet and to be honest I'm a little hesitant now after seeing reviews.

I loved the beta though so I probably go ahead and pull the trigger tomorrow.

Mr Exlax
09-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Yea I've seen a lot of mixed reviews for this. I still haven't picked up my preorder yet and to be honest I'm a little hesitant now after seeing reviews.

I loved the beta though so I probably go ahead and pull the trigger tomorrow.

I wanna read the reviews. I really really enjoy this game. I wonder what they're saying is so bad. I'm only upset with the chat

TheReal Kendall
09-12-2014, 08:42 PM
I wanna read the reviews. I really really enjoy this game. I wonder what they're saying is so bad. I'm only upset with the chat

I've checked out amazon and metacritics.

Most of the really bad reviews come off as trolling.

Le Shaqtus
09-12-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm kinda upset/disappointed that Bungie wasted a fantastic idea for a universe, with the shitty story/Tyrion acting. (I don't blame him the writing is just atrocious) But, to me its still a 10/10 game. The shooting mechanics are perfect. The classes/subclasses are well balanced. The progression is pretty solid. I'd like for it to be a bit tougher, but oh well. The multiplayer maps are all really good aside from one of the Mars ones, but its growing on me. All the worlds are really well done.

My only two complaints are the godawful story, and only having 3 people in a fireteam. It's just weird.

This game can get tough as shit, me and two friends did a level 22 strike mission and it took us about an hour.

Rose
09-12-2014, 10:08 PM
This game can get tough as shit, me and two friends did a level 22 strike mission and it took us about an hour.
I did the first strike alone and died once, because I went full retard and didn't see the invisible ****ers until it was too late. Then decided to not switch to my shotgun.:facepalm Granted the array strike is only a level 20 one but still.

Different note since I got to a tough part: Venus is really tough, I like fighting the Vex. I've done all of it but the last mission on hard, and I get that sense of accomplishment that a lot of the negative reviewers are complaining about the game lacking. The teleportation mechanic for them is incredible.

BuffaloBill
09-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Reviews for the game are as mixed as it gets. 75 critic metascore =/

I've seen a lot of gameplay and video review for Destiny, but nothing so far has made me want to jump out and buy the game. I will play it eventually but I'm still waiting for that breakout next gen game that will make the new consoles worth buying. Until then I'll keep on playing my trusty old PS3.

Shade8780
09-13-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm starting to think it wasn't worth paying €75 for this, when every other game is €65. Didn't exactly live up to the hype for me. It's enjoyable, but not the game-changer they made it out to be.

Hell, I might even sell it while it still has value..

Dro
09-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Anybody else playing? Anybody started a clan? I have a lvl 14 Hunter....

BuffaloBill
09-14-2014, 02:50 AM
got my hands on a copy. gonna play it a little bit to see if i like it or not

Bandito
09-14-2014, 03:48 AM
Reviews for the game are as mixed as it gets. 75 critic metascore =/

I've seen a lot of gameplay and video review for Destiny, but nothing so far has made me want to jump out and buy the game. I will play it eventually but I'm still waiting for that breakout next gen game that will make the new consoles worth buying. Until then I'll keep on playing my trusty old PS3.
If you buy the digital one the next gen is free!:eek:

step_back
09-14-2014, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=Shade8780]I'm starting to think it wasn't worth paying

Jameerthefear
09-14-2014, 11:39 AM
So far I give it a 8/10. It's not what it was all cracked up to be, but it's still pretty fun to play for now. I understand it's an MMO so it's likely going to get better as we go along though. However unlike on PC I bet this is going to have tons of paid DLC. Ugh.

Complaints:
Linear as hell. This isn't "open world" at all.

Story is complete shit-tier. I'm not going online to read those stupid ass cards. Just give me a good story.

Haven't really gotten to multiplayer at all yet. Don't have XBL Gold.

Le Shaqtus
09-14-2014, 12:12 PM
So far I give it a 8/10. It's not what it was all cracked up to be, but it's still pretty fun to play for now. I understand it's an MMO so it's likely going to get better as we go along though. However unlike on PC I bet this is going to have tons of paid DLC. Ugh.

Complaints:
Linear as hell. This isn't "open world" at all.

Story is complete shit-tier. I'm not going online to read those stupid ass cards. Just give me a good story.

Haven't really gotten to multiplayer at all yet. Don't have XBL Gold.

It' a shame you don't have gold, because the multiplayer is really the heart of the game.

The story sucks, that's my gripe about the game, there was a lot of potential with a great story (Bungie DID make Halo), but it sucks, but hopefully the coming expansion packs could make up for that.

The multiplayer is awesome, my two friends and I would do the story missions together, and then whenever one of us wasn't around we'd just do strike missions and patrol the planets to get materials and good rewards, the multiplayer aspect is SO fun, especially at harder levels where you're forced to use skill, teamwork, and a little bit of luck.

The game really starts when you hit level 20, because you only level up at that point through light, having legendary an exotic equipment (but only one exotic item at a time).

Right now I'm at 26, I have an exotic headpiece (which I bought last night), legendary gauntlets, legendary chest and boots and a blue class item, Blue auto rifle and sniper, and an exotic machine gun.

Jameerthefear
09-14-2014, 12:24 PM
It' a shame you don't have gold, because the multiplayer is really the heart of the game.

The story sucks, that's my gripe about the game, there was a lot of potential with a great story (Bungie DID make Halo), but it sucks, but hopefully the coming expansion packs could make up for that.

The multiplayer is awesome, my two friends and I would do the story missions together, and then whenever one of us wasn't around we'd just do strike missions and patrol the planets to get materials and good rewards, the multiplayer aspect is SO fun, especially at harder levels where you're forced to use skill, teamwork, and a little bit of luck.

The game really starts when you hit level 20, because you only level up at that point through light, having legendary an exotic equipment (but only one exotic item at a time).

Right now I'm at 26, I have an exotic headpiece (which I bought last night), legendary gauntlets, legendary chest and boots and a blue class item, Blue auto rifle and sniper, and an exotic machine gun.
Currently level 6. It's fun but it isn't game changing or special. Kinda like a poor man's Borderlands 2 with better gun play imo.

BuffaloBill
09-14-2014, 12:33 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and save most of you about 60 bucks. Destiny is hot garbage, don't waste your time or your money. I'm so glad I decided to play it first before I spent my hard earned cash on it. Now I can sleep at night knowing I didn't spend 60 bones on a game that would do nothing but collect dust on my shelf of games that serve no purpose other than collecting dust and maybe occasional use as a coaster.

It's fun, but I'd wait for price drop before I'd even consider buying the game.

7.5/10

EnoughSaid
09-14-2014, 12:44 PM
So it's basically exactly like the Beta. Small and limited areas to explore, same missions over and over again. Wow.

So much potential and it's not even close to being a quality game. Borrowed if from a friend but will give it back tomorrow.

5/10.

step_back
09-14-2014, 12:47 PM
So it's basically exactly like the Beta. Small and limited areas to explore, same missions over and over again. Wow.

So much potential and it's not even close to being a quality game. Borrowed if from a friend but will give it back tomorrow.

5/10.

So far yes it's exactly like the beta. I was expecting more. I'll hold onto it for a bit longer, apparently there are some free DLC's coming up in the next few weeks but once I've played through them I'll trade it in for store credit.

The Last of Us and GTA V look to be the best games for the PS4 this year. That's a sad thought.

Le Shaqtus
09-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Currently level 6. It's fun but it isn't game changing or special. Kinda like a poor man's Borderlands 2 with better gun play imo.

It's not really a borderlands per se, it definitely takes aspects of Borderlands 2 and doesn't imitate them as well.

Like I said, the heart of the game is in it's multiplayer, and it's much harder to grasp the real spirit of the game when you can't play with others, if you played with your friends it'd be a whole different experience.

EDIT: I see a lot of the people's gripes with the game and they make sense, there's a lot of potential in the game and it hasn't been realised, that being said I'm having an awesome time playing it so to each their own.

Mr Exlax
09-14-2014, 02:16 PM
I just realized what the subclass thing is. I'm a warlock and almost full and noticed the sun thingy and it's different powers or something. I like playing this game. I still haven't finished the story though. I like that I can jump around in different modes seamlessly. The game is pure awesomeness to me.

JimmyMcAdocious
09-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Not my type of game, and I knew that going in. But I figured why not? It was free and the only other game I would have even considered was Madden (which when I last bought I played for about 4 hours total). At the very least I would have a presumably moderately entertaining online shooter to fall back on, since I stopped buying COD games. It's nice to have a game like that in your collection because we all get in that "I need to shoot something" mood.

And to no surprise... I'm not enjoying it. Of course I haven't unlocked the multiplayer mode yet. Been playing for two hours and I'm still level 4.

Shade8780
09-14-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm only level 8, got it on release day, haven't played in 3-4 days, and I'm bored of this game already. Never in the mood to play it, and when I do, I'm pretty disappointed. Definitely wasn't worth the extra €10 more than every other game.

I'll probably trade this in soon. Gamestop only giving me €35 credit doe.

Rose
09-15-2014, 01:09 PM
If you guys just play through what the beta was you're playing maybe 15% of the game. There's a lot more to it. And the game DOES change after you reach a higher level. The campaign picks up around Venus.

step_back
09-15-2014, 02:31 PM
If you guys just play through what the beta was you're playing maybe 15% of the game. There's a lot more to it. And the game DOES change after you reach a higher level. The campaign picks up around Venus.

I'm level 22 and I've finished the campaign. All the missions are pretty much the same. Shoot aliens, move on, shoot more aliens until you get to the boss which is some variation of a bullet sponge. Shoot that bullet sponge until you've killed it then go to the next planet and repeat.

Sorry man but Destiny is all style and no substance. If you enjoy it great, but it's one of the most repetitive games in recent memory. Less than a week has passed and I'm no longer interested. Should have rented it.

Rose
09-15-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm level 22 and I've finished the campaign. All the missions are pretty much the same. Shoot aliens, move on, shoot more aliens until you get to the boss which is some variation of a bullet sponge. Shoot that bullet sponge until you've killed it then go to the next planet and repeat.

Sorry man but Destiny is all style and no substance. If you enjoy it great, but it's one of the most repetitive games in recent memory. Less than a week has passed and I'm no longer interested. Should have rented it.
:confusedshrug: I'm not upset. I just think that's a lot of shooters. (although I do agree most bosses are stupid bullet sponges) I agree with a lot of the complaints, I just feel that the mechanics/classes are so good the flaws are ignorable.

I just think people keep expecting revolutionary games, and get upset when they don't deliver entirely. (Watch Dogs, Destiny, Titanfall)

orrrrr maybe just I'm a Destiny fanboy. :(

Shade8780
09-15-2014, 02:56 PM
:confusedshrug: I'm not upset. I just think that's a lot of shooters. (although I do agree most bosses are stupid bullet sponges) I agree with a lot of the complaints, I just feel that the mechanics/classes are so good the flaws are ignorable.

I just think people keep expecting revolutionary games, and get upset when they don't deliver entirely. (Watch Dogs, Destiny, Titanfall)

I didn't expect Watch Dogs and Titanfall to be revolutionary, I just thought they'd be pretty good. Destiny though, should've been much better.

Le Shaqtus
09-15-2014, 03:38 PM

It's ok I'm a fanboy too :lol

step_back
09-15-2014, 05:49 PM

:lol It doesn't make you a fanboy.

Destiny is a good game, but it's not great. It was also supposed to be a revolutionary shooter. The most expensive game in history with Bungie wanting to support it for the next decade.

If a game is going to succeed for 10 years it's got to be outstanding. Bungie can't be serious if they think simply adding more planets will be enough. The majority of my PSN friends list are back on Battlefield 4. ****ing Battlefield 4!!!!!!

TheReal Kendall
09-15-2014, 05:52 PM
People must have forgot that Halo was pretty much the same. On every mission you're just shooting aliens.

Same thing with basically all shooters.

If y'all want puzzles and stuff play the old Tomb Raider games. Destiny is a fps with rpg elements.

My main gripe is that I wish my stuff carried over from the beta because I got the game Saturday and I'm a lvl 2 but I don't feel like playing through the same missions again.

I'm gonna play some more tonight when I get off but I've been spending most of my time on TLOU.

No way this game gonna last 10 years. Did they really say that?

Does the season pass last for 10 years?

JimmyMcAdocious
09-15-2014, 07:14 PM
10 years? What kind of shooter last 10 years with a good community? Counter Strike and probably Team Fortress 2. And that's largely because it's PC based.

There will probably be a next gen console in 10 years. Or everyone will realize PC is the master race by then.

Oh and I finally unlocked multiplayer and it's alright. I'm probably only going to play that going forward, since you level up and can get gear in there. Little annoyed with the map rotation, tho.

LJJ
09-15-2014, 08:12 PM
The 10 year plan refers to the franchise. This is the first Destiny game in a series of 3/4/5. That's their plan, not release one game and support it for 10 years. That sounds like a terrible business model for a non-subscription game.

Rose
09-15-2014, 10:25 PM
:lol It doesn't make you a fanboy.

Destiny is a good game, but it's not great. It was also supposed to be a revolutionary shooter. The most expensive game in history with Bungie wanting to support it for the next decade.

If a game is going to succeed for 10 years it's got to be outstanding. Bungie can't be serious if they think simply adding more planets will be enough. The majority of my PSN friends list are back on Battlefield 4. ****ing Battlefield 4!!!!!!
Yeah, I finished the campaign just a couple hours ago (I thought I was at like the halfway point:lol )...reminded me of Halo 2. It felt half finished.:lol

I can see myself playing the multiplayer for a long long time. To me the mechanics, the guns, powers, etc etc. That was absolutely perfect. The best control scheme/power fit since they did Halo. I absolutely agree with the campaign complaints though. I can see the universe being worth 10 years, but they need writers, real writers. Not the shitty game writing they've had.

step_back
09-16-2014, 05:33 AM
The 10 year plan refers to the franchise. This is the first Destiny game in a series of 3/4/5. That's their plan, not release one game and support it for 10 years. That sounds like a terrible business model for a non-subscription game.

That's what I mean though, they want to support Destiny like they did Halo for so many years. Destiny won't last that long if they don't change how you progress through the game.

Rondooooooooooo
09-16-2014, 07:10 AM
I enjoy it, my only complaint is it is hard as fvck to get vanguard marks and crucible marks. Feels like I would have to play a lot of hours just to level up in either one of those, let alone both. Multiplayer is fun, but the story is kinda all over the place and hard to follow. Really hoping for some improvements in the upcoming releases they put out.

Kungfro
09-16-2014, 11:29 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img673/1522/WQbKqa.png

I was really hoping this would be the game to convince me to get a next gen console, but I think I'll probably wait just a little while longer.

JimmyMcAdocious
09-16-2014, 09:51 PM
Alright, been playing a little more. My last 5 levels (5-10) have come all through multiplayer. I tried jumping back into the single player mode (which was the first moon mission) and I just can't get into it. Ended up getting distracted by one of those community events, or whatever, completed it, and then I quit back to multiplayer.

Some thoughts/questions:
-Are you at a major disadvantage at a lower level in multiplayer? Because often I get one shot by random rifles and shotguns. Drives me nuts.
-If I don't do the story, will I miss out on anything important loot-wise? I figure if everyone is doing the story, then you must not get anything too rare in there.
-Does melee damage increase at a higher level? I'm used to melee = kill, so when I see someone close enough, I melee... But it only takes away 50-75% of the health and I don't have enough time to melee again or switch to my rifle. So basically: shooting > melee, always? I never win that battle between melee vs gun in close combat.
-I always feel like there should be more people. I do a mission and maybe I see another person. I go to the tower to mess around and maybe there's 8 people there. There's just no feeling of a living and breathing world.
-Really want chat.
-Need more maps online and less map repeats. Earlier today I played the exact same map 4 straight times in the same room. Also feel like there should be one more game mode.
-Are there no stats or leaderboards? Like where my k/d is, weapon stats, etc? I mean I'm getting my ass kicked, but I'm still curious.
-I've come across some problems with bad spawn points and I feel like those vehicles on the one map that can use them are bit OP. The last time I played it, I jumped in the tank looking one and I didn't die for the rest of the map. It was at least 10 straight minutes. 12 kill streak tho.

Those are the main ones I can think of right now.

Oh, I thought of another one; I think this is a XBox One bug. If I let my console run with the game running, the console shuts off by itself. The problem is that there's no sound in the game when I turn it back on. There's sound in the dashboard, and what not. None in the game. The only way I fixed it was by pressing the xbox button while in the game, clicking on anything, and then going back. Weird and not too troublesome. Just whatever. Wish the console would allow me to leave it running.

Le Shaqtus
09-16-2014, 11:59 PM
Level 27 but I can't even beat the lvl 26 Strike because my weapons are ass. My only gripe is they limit you to 100 vanguard marks a week but weapons cost 150, so I gotta wait 4 weeks because I need an Legendary auto rifle AND a legendary sniper rifle.

Rose
09-17-2014, 05:02 AM
Level 27 but I can't even beat the lvl 26 Strike because my weapons are ass. My only gripe is they limit you to 100 vanguard marks a week but weapons cost 150, so I gotta wait 4 weeks because I need an Legendary auto rifle AND a legendary sniper rifle.
You not get an exotic weapon bounty after you reached level 2 in the crucible? Or is that ridiculously hard? I just got the bounty last night, and was gonna try and get the gun today.

Some thoughts/questions:
-Are you at a major disadvantage at a lower level in multiplayer? Because often I get one shot by random rifles and shotguns. Drives me nuts.
-If I don't do the story, will I miss out on anything important loot-wise? I figure if everyone is doing the story, then you must not get anything too rare in there.
-Does melee damage increase at a higher level? I'm used to melee = kill, so when I see someone close enough, I melee... But it only takes away 50-75% of the health and I don't have enough time to melee again or switch to my rifle. So basically: shooting > melee, always? I never win that battle between melee vs gun in close combat.
-I always feel like there should be more people. I do a mission and maybe I see another person. I go to the tower to mess around and maybe there's 8 people there. There's just no feeling of a living and breathing world.
-Really want chat.
-Need more maps online and less map repeats. Earlier today I played the exact same map 4 straight times in the same room. Also feel like there should be one more game mode.
-Are there no stats or leaderboards? Like where my k/d is, weapon stats, etc? I mean I'm getting my ass kicked, but I'm still curious.
-I've come across some problems with bad spawn points and I feel like those .
No...and yes. The weapons are automatically balanced so no one weapon will be better than the others. However, the abilities of another player are where the low levels are getting their asses kicked (no offense, it seriously happens in every lobby) The abilities aren't balanced so that they only reactivate every 30 seconds or whatever. Instead its whenever they would naturally occur. Also titans have the most health, and are pretty OP when you're a low level. Shit I'm level 24 and some of them still kick my ass routinely. (note that when the Iron Banner releases next month there's no more weapon balancing)

Again no and yes. Most missions won't give you anything valuable. But, some missions will give you the blue armor you desperately need as a reward for beating it. And of course the random drops from enemies can be blue, or even rarely purple. The strikes will most of the time give you a blue piece of armor, occasionally its guaranteed but not always.

Yes, but to the best of my knowledge there's no one hit melee kill unless you come up behind someone. Usually you need to two piece to do it.

Typically I see tons of people in the tower, and often in the game. Not sure why you're not. Yeah a lot of people think there needs to be proximity chat. Often on PS4 if you start ****ing around and dancing with people on the tower, or playing with the ball that appears you'll get invited to a firesquad.:lol Surprised its not the same on xbone. The maps thing is kind of an issue, I think Bungie did a hot fix for all the systems yesterday for that. There's 14 maps, but I feel like more often than not I play the same 6 or so over and over and over and...

And yeah the spawns sometimes are a bit screwy particularly on the moon map. I swear Sands of Time, rumble mode is the same shit as well. But no one I play with has that problem. Only time that map ****s me over spawn wise.

Le Shaqtus
09-17-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't play in the crucible, I should though but I'm trying to prepare for the Vault of Glass.

Got too much homework to do :lol

Jailblazers7
09-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Really bummed out to hear that the writing is bad.

LJJ
09-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Really bummed out to hear that the writing is bad.

It's Bungie.

Rose
09-17-2014, 02:49 PM
I don't play in the crucible, I should though but I'm trying to prepare for the Vault of Glass.

Ah I see I see. What system you playing on? My group of friends needs 1-2 more people for the raid.

Mr Exlax
09-17-2014, 03:17 PM

I keep hearing about the Vault of Glass. I need to check it out. I'm stuck at level 20 though. I need more Light shit I guess.

Jailblazers7
09-17-2014, 04:55 PM
It's Bungie.

I know, I kind of expected it but was holding out hope. I think I should have stopped myself from getting my hopes up when people were starting to compare it to ME.

Anti Hero
09-17-2014, 05:20 PM
I just watched the seventh team to beat the Glass Vault do it on Twitch about 2-3 hours ago. Pretty cool, took them a little over an hour to complete it. Technically it was their second attempt, they started it last night I guess, but quit out. This game looks fun, I like the end game content.. I only have a PS3 not sure if it's worth grabbing on an old gen console. We'll see.

Ai2death
09-17-2014, 05:55 PM
My missus parent who i live with go away June next year for a couple months, will probably pick it up then so i can smash it out for the time with no net drop out.

Le Shaqtus
09-17-2014, 11:21 PM
Ah I see I see. What system you playing on? My group of friends needs 1-2 more people for the raid.

PS4, although I probably won't be on a for a few days because of school stuff.

The first week it came out I crammed all my homework into one day and finished it, it's not so practical to do every week :oldlol:

Timmy D for MVP
09-18-2014, 12:38 AM
Haven't made vs multiplayer level yet but:

Destiny- Pretty good. Pretty good.

Destiny w/ DLC- Good.

Destiny 2- AMAZING!

That's my prediction. There are tweaks that I've heard a lot of people talk about, and I'm confident Bungie will listen. Not worth 60 bucks, but my brother bought it not me. :banana:

Straight_Ballin
09-19-2014, 01:11 AM
- Got to level 20, finished the game, and was like wow.....what a horrible job on the story. The worlds look amazing though, and the NPC's aren't dumbed down.

- Started doing strikes, got purple armor and some exotic yellows... then grinded to get ascendant shards and energy to level up the legendary and exotics.

- Very boring, tedious grinding process....I'm at level 27.

- Crucible....already broken as the exotic auto rifle destroys all. Trust me, I know. No lag whatsoever though...amazing netcode.

- I want to play some 3v3 multiplayer with friends only and be able to pick which map to play on.... oh wait... can't do that....no custom multiplayer. What a failure...

- So basically I'm going to do the raids...level up to 30, and then I'm done as this game is simply a filler until the much better game, Halo Master Chief Edition comes out in Nov which will contain the original halo online multiplayer. No point in me playing any other game, as I've been waiting 15 years to play halo 1 online on the superior console version, as the PC version is a joke.

glidedrxlr22
09-19-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm still near the beginning of this game. I have a couple of noob questions.

1. How can you tell what missions you've completed?

2. How do you fill up the yellow bar and what does it do?

Le Shaqtus
09-19-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm still near the beginning of this game. I have a couple of noob questions.

1. How can you tell what missions you've completed?

2. How do you fill up the yellow bar and what does it do?

1. I just remember the name of the mission to know I beat it, it's confusing at first but you'll get used to it.

2. Yellow bar is your super/special, since you're beginnning, if you're a Titan it' a slam that creates a shockwave, Warlocks short an Void Orb that explodes, and Hunters get a golden gun that shoots 3 shots and does massive damage. It fills up by either killing enemies or collecting orbs when other people use their special attacks.

Rose
09-19-2014, 07:39 PM
I got ****ed on exotic gear. My mission turns into an exotic fusion rifle (which I'm so-so with), and then I get a legendary engram that turns into...an exotic fusion rifle.:facepalm

Le Shaqtus
09-20-2014, 11:58 AM
I got ****ed on exotic gear. My mission turns into an exotic fusion rifle (which I'm so-so with), and then I get a legendary engram that turns into...an exotic fusion rifle.:facepalm

I've learned to never be excited when I get a legendary Engram, because 9/10 they'll usually f*ck you in the ass.

I need a legendary sniper rifle, two of my friends got TWO of the snipers that I'd want, while my engrams gives me Fusion rifles and shotguns :facepalm

Anti Hero
09-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Should be a trade system available.

Jameerthefear
09-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Should be a trade system available.
This

Rose
09-20-2014, 03:14 PM
I've learned to never be excited when I get a legendary Engram, because 9/10 they'll usually f*ck you in the ass.

I need a legendary sniper rifle, two of my friends got TWO of the snipers that I'd want, while my engrams gives me Fusion rifles and shotguns :facepalm
I've only gotten 2 of the exotic engrams. The legendary ones ****ed me over a third of the time and turn into a blue piece of shit. Otherwise I usually just get wimpier shotguns.

Have you noticed an increased amount of people getting the exotic weapon to drop in multiplayer? Happened to my friend friday and saturday another friend got one and a couple random guys got them as well.

Jameerthefear
09-20-2014, 03:32 PM
I will love whoever gives me a 2day Xbox Live Gold pass.

Mr Exlax
09-20-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm on again but no mic

Le Shaqtus
09-20-2014, 03:38 PM
I've only gotten 2 of the exotic engrams. The legendary ones ****ed me over a third of the time and turn into a blue piece of shit. Otherwise I usually just get wimpier shotguns.

Have you noticed an increased amount of people getting the exotic weapon to drop in multiplayer? Happened to my friend friday and saturday another friend got one and a couple random guys got them as well.

Do you mean the crucible? I don't play the crucible that much but when I have I haven't noticed any exotic drops, do exotic engrams drop in the open world?

I got an exotic machine gun from a legendary engram once, but other than that I just see people buying exotic stuff from Xur the vendor on weekends, now everybody and they momma got the exotic rocket launcher.

Straight_Ballin
09-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Do you mean the crucible? I don't play the crucible that much but when I have I haven't noticed any exotic drops, do exotic engrams drop in the open world?

I got an exotic machine gun from a legendary engram once, but other than that I just see people buying exotic stuff from Xur the vendor on weekends, now everybody and they momma got the exotic rocket launcher.

The RL is garbage tho.

Exotic auto rifle and exotic helm should be had first, then buy the appropriate legendary other pieces to support those items and your style of play.

Rose
09-20-2014, 07:43 PM

Yeah I meant crucible. I don't think they can drop in the open world, or at least I haven't ever seen one.

Yeah, I noticed that about the rocket launcher. I think I'm the only one that didn't get that. I went for those gauntlets and bought an engram.

Shade8780
09-21-2014, 09:11 AM
I played it again after not playing for nearly two weeks. Story is bland, but I admit, it's really fun.

At level 10 right now.

Mr Exlax
09-21-2014, 09:44 AM
I need help with this Heroic Weekly Raid

Rose
09-21-2014, 03:47 PM
I need help with this Heroic Weekly Raid
Get all 3 people to camp behind the rock in the northwest corner of the room. If you do that, kill the first wave, and then leave everything else alone unless it comes close.

It stops the spawn waves and they usually will ignore you if you ignore them. Also, Phogoth can't really get you, but you can get him.

Shade8780
09-21-2014, 03:51 PM
How the **** do you kill Devil Walkers? Two other guys and me were shooting at it for what seemed like 15-20 minutes, and when it had a tiny amount of life yet, we died, having to restart. I rage quit, and now I don't want to face it again.

Shade8780
09-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I finished the campaign just a couple hours ago (I thought I was at like the halfway point:lol )...reminded me of Halo 2. It felt half finished.:lol

I can see myself playing the multiplayer for a long long time. To me the mechanics, the guns, powers, etc etc. That was absolutely perfect. The best control scheme/power fit since they did Halo. I absolutely agree with the campaign complaints though. I can see the universe being worth 10 years, but they need writers, real writers. Not the shitty game writing they've had.
Just wanna bump this post. Not finished the campaign, but exactly how I feel after playing again.

Shade8780
09-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Haven't made vs multiplayer level yet but:

Destiny- Pretty good. Pretty good.

Destiny w/ DLC- Good.

Destiny 2- AMAZING!

That's my prediction. There are tweaks that I've heard a lot of people talk about, and I'm confident Bungie will listen. Not worth 60 bucks, but my brother bought it not me. :banana:
QFT.

Add me peeps: RMolloy24

Mr Exlax
09-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Get all 3 people to camp behind the rock in the northwest corner of the room. If you do that, kill the first wave, and then leave everything else alone unless it comes close.

It stops the spawn waves and they usually will ignore you if you ignore them. Also, Phogoth can't really get you, but you can get him.

I beat it with 1 other guy using that trick. Thanks a million my nicca

Mr Exlax
09-22-2014, 01:56 PM
QFT.

Add me peeps: RMolloy24

Ah shit I didn't realize it was you. Next time I'll join you bro.

Le Shaqtus
09-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Damnit I'm so busy this week, I have essays and assignments due. I only have time to do the bounties and daily missions :/

Rose
09-22-2014, 06:26 PM
I beat it with 1 other guy using that trick. Thanks a million my nicca
You're welcome! When I found that trick out I was ecstatic. Made that strike soooooooo much easier.

TheReal Kendall
09-22-2014, 06:33 PM
Played this last night with a random. He didn't have a mic but it was still fun. I'm a lvl 13 or 14 now and we did a mission on the planet after the moon I think.

Was dying like crazy. I'm getting back in the swing of things with the crucible too.

Is it better to buy weapons or get them from missions? I'm trying to find a good Full auto with good damage.

LJJ
09-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Played this last night with a random. He didn't have a mic but it was still fun. I'm a lvl 13 or 14 now and we did a mission on the planet after the moon I think.

Was dying like crazy. I'm getting back in the swing of things with the crucible too.

Is it better to buy weapons or get them from missions? I'm trying to find a good Full auto with good damage.

Don't worry about that for now. As long as you are below lv 20, any loot you get or buy will be completely useless an hour or so later.

Le Shaqtus
09-22-2014, 09:57 PM

Until you reach level 20, just wait for good drops. Because then you'll start having blue engrams drop when you reach a higher level, it'll take longer to build your character at that point but you'll be wanting to save your Vanguard and Crucible Marks for weapons or major armour pieces.

It's tedious, you can only get 100 marks of each per week. So it'll take two weeks to purchase a weapon or more than one piece of armour, so be prepared to grind it out.

TheReal Kendall
09-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the advice. I've been trying to find the "right" weapon for me. I'll get comfortable with one gun and then go to crucible and start second guessing it.

It's something about the multiplayer that has me feeling like I'm at a disadvantage some times.

Le Shaqtus
09-22-2014, 11:14 PM
I'm terrible at the crucible no matter what weapon I use, I'm just bad at it.

If you can pick a weapon and become really good at it, most of the time you can be very efficient with it. Being precise and getting shots to the head in this game are paramount (as it usually is with shooting games)

Mr Exlax
09-23-2014, 12:01 AM
You fellas need to look up the Loot Cave on Youtube or something like that. Picked up some legendary armor doing that shit and it was super easy. Just takes some time grinding.

Timmy D for MVP
09-23-2014, 01:25 AM
So got to the competitive multi. It's decent but not anything special. I'll likely beat the game and try to get some good stuff, but I don't see myself picking this up for a while after I beat it. The competitive stuff is okay but I have so many other, better options.

Such a shame because like I said earlier I think there is a GREAT game hidden in there somewhere.

Rondooooooooooo
09-23-2014, 06:23 AM
Quick suggestion, beat the game first before you go to crucible, when you beat it, you get the strangers gun, which has 200+ damage. I have used that like crazy after I got it. Add me on ps4 if y'all want

The_Almighty_GFK

Le Shaqtus
09-23-2014, 09:38 AM
You fellas need to look up the Loot Cave on Youtube or something like that. Picked up some legendary armor doing that shit and it was super easy. Just takes some time grinding.

Been doing that lately but all my drops have been shit, and whenever I get a legendary drop it's a heavy weapon :facepalm I already have an exotic machine gun

Mr Exlax
09-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Been doing that lately but all my drops have been shit, and whenever I get a legendary drop it's a heavy weapon :facepalm I already have an exotic machine gun

Yeah I feel ya. I didn't do it for a long ass time. I've only been able to do it about 5 minutes at a time. I just don't have the patience. It was completely random yesterday though. I needed that. It was the helmet. I'll probably do it again if I get on today.

Rodmantheman
09-23-2014, 09:18 PM
I played a competitive multi and halfway through the game why are 80% of the players either Warlock or Hunter is the titan class shitty I'm a warlock btw.

Anti Hero
09-23-2014, 09:32 PM
I played a competitive multi and halfway through the game why are 80% of the players either Warlock or Hunter is the titan class shitty I'm a warlock btw.
Everyone that I talk to (irl) that has this game is playing warlock

Mr Exlax
09-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Sunsinger seems like it's better than the Voidwalker imo

TheReal Kendall
09-23-2014, 10:33 PM
Sunsinger seems like it's better than the Voidwalker imo

That's what I've been seeing around on different forums. I just started sunsinger last night.

I haven't tried the Titan or Hunter but from reading up on it the classes Warlock seems to be the best class imo.

I wanted to do all 3 classes but I doubt I even finish the game with my first class. I had way more fun on the beta than I am on the full game.

Straight_Ballin
09-23-2014, 10:59 PM
I don't know what takes less skill, the PvP aspect of this game or the PvE.

I call Destiny the game of randomness that awards you for time put in instead of actual skill.

PvE - run around doing missions and grinding until you can actuall get to the skillful aspect of the game which is the raid. I'm a level 28 and have all legendary armor, weapons, exotic weapons. Just slowly collecting ascendant shards and energy to max out the armor and weapon abilities. It's a grinding, boring process that takes zero skill whatsoever, it's just time consuming.

PvP - Can I please get killed by something other than a special kill or a weapon that uses heavy amo? That's what it is 95% of the time. Both of those take zero skill to use, meanwhile I'm owning with my sniper rifle, pulse rifle, and hand cannon or using my throwing knives.

I use a hunter because at least the melee move requires skill in throwing the knives and the super move is a golden gun that requires you to aim instead of just jumping into a crowd and getting instant kills with a warlock or titan special.

What is really sad is that I was doing a bounty which required 20 scout rifle kills that had to be head shots in the crucible, and still came in first place (not even using my real primary or secondary guns...what a joke...) only to see some noob with 4 kills and 20 deaths get a legendary engram. LOL

That's all this game is... randomness which requires no skill unless you are playing in the raid.

Level 28 missions are a joke when your character is at level 28.

Mr Exlax
09-24-2014, 08:55 AM
That's what I've been seeing around on different forums. I just started sunsinger last night.

I haven't tried the Titan or Hunter but from reading up on it the classes Warlock seems to be the best class imo.

I wanted to do all 3 classes but I doubt I even finish the game with my first class. I had way more fun on the beta than I am on the full game.

I had my Voidwalker stuff maxed all the way out and figured I'd work on the Sunsinger part. It just feels so much better. Especially in the Crucible. I can't explain why, but I come in first place a lot now vs 3rd-last place using the Voidwalker stuff.

Rose
09-24-2014, 10:28 AM
I got Thorn.

Goddamn is she a sexy handcannon. For some reason its the only handcannon I'm not godly with in multiplayer though. I can't figure it out there, my best guess is the impact is a bit lower than a few of the other handcannons. Campaign it works well.

Rose
09-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Just gonna reply to a bunch of shit you guys said without quoting, I'll bold shit so if you don't care about part of it you can skip over easily:

About the cave: Use a wax idol, it increases the money you get, so even if you get shitty drops, you're gonna get a lot of glimmer. Also, you don't have to even shoot at the enemies to get credit for the kills IF you're in the same area as the people shooting at the cave (which you should be otherwise either the thralls or the other hive members don't spawn). If there's enough people doing it I get lazy, and just turn on netflix for a bit, and watch it. Check back every 5 or so minutes. Yeah it's douchy I know. But you'll get credit for the kills, AND still get drops/glimmer.

About the crucible: Until the iron banner releases, all the weapons are balanced equally. Meaning that a level 14 assault rifle will do as much damage as a level 20. So accuracy is key. Just find something you can hit people in the head with. Handcannons are almost always 3 shots to the head (two for shield, one for health) for a kill. Its why I favor them. Body shots are nice, but if you're a precise player it doesn't matter. So basically just find the weapon you're best with, experiment with all of them even, and just roll with it. But once the Iron Banner hits...that changes everything. Because then the strongest/highest rated guns are the best.

On classes: in the week one update (I might be wrong on this) Bungie said the classes were actually about equally used. There's a couple percentage points difference but yeah. I feel like there's a lot of Warlocks especially. I'm one, and I definitely think sunslinger is better. The grenades are amazing, the ability to continually do fire damage even after dying, the self-reviving (which is amazing in control). I'm probably gonna make a Titan next because I have a few legendary pieces of armor for it. And I really think the melee is amazing. Also the bubble shield is horrible, and I'm surprised Bungie included that after all the negative feedback the armor bitch got in Reach.

Le Shaqtus
09-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Haven't played in like 3 days and I won't until tomorrow, pretty excited to get back to it.

Shade8780
09-24-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm inconsistent af at Crucible. I first played it the day after it came out with Rose and I was ****ing terrible. I finally played it again today and ended up coming 1st and our team won. Next game, I come last, next two games, I come 1st/2nd, and then next game I come 4th :lol

Anti Hero
09-24-2014, 10:53 PM
Hitler's reaction to legendary engrams and loot drops. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1awVTEE5SNM)

Le Shaqtus
09-24-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm inconsistent af at Crucible. I first played it the day after it came out with Rose and I was ****ing terrible. I finally played it again today and ended up coming 1st and our team won. Next game, I come last, next two games, I come 1st/2nd, and then next game I come 4th :lol

I'm so garbage at crucible :facepalm I'm just bad at PVP in general, I must annoy the f*ck out of my friends on the other side of the mic because this is all I say.

"SHIT"
"****"
"WHY DID YOU WASTE YOUR SPECIAL ON ONE GUY (me)"
"DAMNIT HE KILLED ME WHILE I WAS USING MY SPECIAL"
"BOLLOCKS"
"PIECE OF SHIT"
"ANUS"
"WHAT THE ****"
"My weapons suck"
"I suck"
"This sucks"
"I hate Crucible"

It's bad.

TheReal Kendall
09-25-2014, 12:21 AM
Where is this cave with all the loot drops? At what level should I do it?

Rondooooooooooo
09-25-2014, 05:35 AM
I'm so garbage at crucible :facepalm I'm just bad at PVP in general, I must annoy the f*ck out of my friends on the other side of the mic because this is all I say.

"SHIT"
"****"
"BOLLOCKS"
"PIECE OF SHIT"
"ANUS"
"WHAT THE ****"
"My weapons suck"
"I suck"
"This sucks"
"I hate Crucible"

It's bad.

Hahaha I usually yell the same shit

Mr Exlax
09-25-2014, 09:18 AM

"SHIT"
"****"
"BOLLOCKS"
"PIECE OF SHIT"
"ANUS"
"WHAT THE ****"
"My weapons suck"
"I suck"
"This sucks"
"I hate Crucible"

It's bad.

Spoken like a true gamer! Makes me proud.

Ai2death
09-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Where is this cave with all the loot drops? At what level should I do it?

Apparently the latest patch has nerfed the cave.

TheReal Kendall
09-25-2014, 05:55 PM
Apparently the latest patch has nerfed the cave.

:banghead:

Ai2death
09-25-2014, 07:32 PM
:banghead:

Here's the latest patch:

Summary
In Hotfix 5, we made a few changes to reduce the effectiveness of a humbling number of economy exploits. Check out these Destiny Dev Notes to read a summary of our impressions since launch.

Activities
Missions
Reduced drop rate of engrams following a hard wipe [fixed in 1.0.1.4]
Queen's Wrath Event
Material rewards for dismantling Queen's Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary items

World
Destinations
The Hive of the holy

Le Shaqtus
09-26-2014, 01:24 AM
Wasn't ready, but I tried the raid with 2 of my friends and some other people, holy shit.

We haven't even beat the first boss yet, those oracles are a pain in the ass, I got some legendary boots though, plus today I got the Exotic bounty for the Thorn, thats gonna suck to get...

In dire need of Void weapons though. Particularly a legendary sniper.

Jameerthefear
09-26-2014, 07:18 AM
Good to see Bungie made their shitty game more shitty. What a joke.

Rose
09-26-2014, 10:29 AM
Wasn't ready, but I tried the raid with 2 of my friends and some other people, holy shit.

We haven't even beat the first boss yet, those oracles are a pain in the ass, I got some legendary boots though, plus today I got the Exotic bounty for the Thorn, thats gonna suck to get...

In dire need of Void weapons though. Particularly a legendary sniper.
Thorn's bounty isn't as bad as it seems. I got the 500 points in like 4 hours. Just don't die a lot, and that part flies by. The hardest part is the last thing you need to do which is beat the Unwed wizard on the goddamn Phogoth mission. He spawns in the last wave of enemies.

What my friend and I did was just take out most of the people on the first wave. Retreat to the room where you can see phogoth out the door. Then stayed in there and just fought. But you need to have someone occasionally leave the room (its okay if they die they'll respawn in 30 seconds) and kill some stuff. You'll know a new wave has started when you see the thralls and/or a hive drop ship appears. Just be careful because one of the spiny hover monsters of doom will spawn in that room to deter players from camping in there.

But for right now Thorn is pretty weak. They're fixing in a future update, but it is weak.

Le Shaqtus
09-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Thorn's bounty isn't as bad as it seems. I got the 500 points in like 4 hours. Just don't die a lot, and that part flies by. The hardest part is the last thing you need to do which is beat the Unwed wizard on the goddamn Phogoth mission. He spawns in the last wave of enemies.

What my friend and I did was just take out most of the people on the first wave. Retreat to the room where you can see phogoth out the door. Then stayed in there and just fought. But you need to have someone occasionally leave the room (its okay if they die they'll respawn in 30 seconds) and kill some stuff. You'll know a new wave has started when you see the thralls and/or a hive drop ship appears. Just be careful because one of the spiny hover monsters of doom will spawn in that room to deter players from camping in there.

But for right now Thorn is pretty weak. They're fixing in a future update, but it is weak.

I'm pretty bad at crucible and I do die a lot, that's going to be an issue for me :oldlol:

Rondooooooooooo
09-27-2014, 03:59 PM
new loot cave :banana: did and got a legendary engram

Rose
09-29-2014, 03:31 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hqmkb/how_destinys_content_completely_changed_over_the/

So, this explains A LOT. Also I bet the redditor who came up with the conspiracy theory about us fighting for evil is laughing now at all the hate he got for it. :lol

Gonna be really interesting to see what response Bungie has to these allegations.

Shade8780
09-29-2014, 03:44 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hqmkb/how_destinys_content_completely_changed_over_the/

So, this explains A LOT. Also I bet the redditor who came up with the conspiracy theory about us fighting for evil is laughing now at all the hate he got for it. :lol

Gonna be really interesting to see what response Bungie has to these allegations.
Don't want to read all of it since I'm not finished the story. Can you post a general summary without spoilers?

Rose
09-29-2014, 03:47 PM
Don't want to read all of it since I'm not finished the story. Can you post a general summary without spoilers?
You can read it all there's no story spoilers. Maybe lack of story spoilers.:lol

tl;dr version. People have found that a lot of the destiny story/missions/characters? have been gutted from the game within the last year. And want answers.

Mr Exlax
10-03-2014, 06:34 AM
You can read it all there's no story spoilers. Maybe lack of story spoilers.:lol

tl;dr version. People have found that a lot of the destiny story/missions/characters? have been gutted from the game within the last year. And want answers.

Man reading that made it all make sense. That's some crazy shit.

Rose
10-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Man reading that made it all make sense. That's some crazy shit.
Yeah. I was kinda expecting some of that from when the girl (I forgot her name) tells you "that its better to choose a side, even if it's the wrong one." And the camera stays put on her face. Plus you never trust the relatively silent, masked guy, who's speaking for someone else. That's usually a bad thing.:lol

Also I'm pretty largely concerned with the DLC basically amounting to the story that we lost. If that happens...I won't buy it and I might just sell the game off. I hate the day one dlc/the on disc dlc. But having it be the story we lost? That's even more despicable.

Mr Exlax
10-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Yeah. I was kinda expecting some of that from when the girl (I forgot her name) tells you "that its better to choose a side, even if it's the wrong one." And the camera stays put on her face. Plus you never trust the relatively silent, masked guy, who's speaking for someone else. That's usually a bad thing.:lol

Also I'm pretty largely concerned with the DLC basically amounting to the story that we lost. If that happens...I won't buy it and I might just sell the game off. I hate the day one dlc/the on disc dlc. But having it be the story we lost? That's even more despicable.

I completely agree. The game play is awesome, but if they try that DLC shit for the story I'd probably sell mine too.

TheReal Kendall
10-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Man shit I hate I bought the season pass for this now. I haven't even played Destiny in about a week.

Could've used that money to pay off 2k15:facepalm :mad:

Jameerthefear
10-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Man shit I hate I bought the season pass for this now. I haven't even played Destiny in about a week.

Could've used that money to pay off 2k15:facepalm :mad:
I feel exactly the same way. This game is mediocre as hell.

TheReal Kendall
10-03-2014, 06:08 PM
I feel exactly the same way. This game is mediocre as hell.

I won't say it's mediocre but it's just not holding my attention for some reason. Like I said before I had way more fun playing the Beta than playing the full game.

Jameerthefear
10-03-2014, 06:11 PM
I won't say it's mediocre but it's just not holding my attention for some reason. Like I said before I had way more fun playing the Beta than playing the full game.
It doesn't hold your attention because it's a half-assed, unfinished, mess.

Rondooooooooooo
10-24-2014, 09:14 PM
Sooooooo anyone else out there still play this game?! or has everyone moved onto 2k15?