PDA

View Full Version : Now people see how 2009 Lakers had the easiest path to championship

Derivative
11-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Kobe is 2009 had probably the easiest path to championship in history.

-Garnett was injured, no Boston to beat up Lakers in the finals

-Yao Ming got injured, and the Rockets lead by Ron Artest took Lakers to 7 games

-Meets up the Magic team lead by Dwight Howard with Turkoglu as their second best player...

This is so funny seeing Laker fans shit on Ron Artest and Dwight Howard for being scrubs, when they were Kobe's opponents during the 2009 playoff run, shows you how weak laker's competition was. I bet 1000$ that Boston would of beat Lakers in the finals if it weren't for KG getting injured

The 2009 Laker's playoff run and Kobe's 4th ring really deserve an asterix after it. (So kobe has 4* + 1 rings).

chazzy
11-28-2012, 02:17 PM
But then they won again the year after so..

Mr. Jabbar
11-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Funny, a Lebron dikrider complaining about easy paths for rings :oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
11-28-2012, 02:19 PM

And that BOS team was one of the best defensive teams ever

Derivative
11-28-2012, 02:22 PM

the refs gave the game to the lakers in 2010, anyone with else can see so

amfirst
11-28-2012, 02:22 PM

-Yao Ming got injured, and the Rockets lead by Ron Artest took Lakers to 7 games

-Meets up the Magic team lead by Dwight Howard with Turkoglu as their second best player...

This is so funny seeing Laker fans shit on Ron Artest and Dwight Howard for being scrubs, when they were Kobe's opponents during the 2009 playoff run, shows you how weak laker's competition was. I bet 1000$ that Boston would of beat Lakers in the finals if it weren't for KG getting injured

The 2009 Laker's playoff run and Kobe's 4th ring really deserve an asterix after it. (So kobe has 4* + 1 rings).

U really think Yao would have help the rockets? What was the win ratio against the lakers with Yao?? yea that's right.

Bigsmoke
11-28-2012, 02:24 PM
The Nuggets were great.

The Nuggets had a chance of winning if they knew how to make successful inbound passes

with Melo and Billups struggling while the series progressed didn't help them either

Derivative
11-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Funny, a Lebron dikrider complaining about easy paths for rings :oldlol:

lebron had to go to boston every year and met the mavericks(who swept the lakers) and the thunder in the finals, how was that easy?

Lakers only had to face a rockets team lead by ron artest and a magic team lead by dwight, lol

ripthekik
11-28-2012, 02:27 PM

Wow.. this is a great template for me, let me take a try

Lebron in 2012 had probably the easiest path to championship in history.

-Howard was injured, no Magic to beat up Heat in the semifinals

-Rose got injured, and the Celtics lead by Rondo+ old injured players took Heat to 7 games

-Meets up the Pacer team lead by Danny Granger with George Paul as their second best player who took them to 6 games...

This is so funny seeing Heat fans shit on lakers opponents for being scrubs, when lebron needed injuries to 2 biggest stars in the east during the 2012 playoff run along with the help of Wade and Bosh, shows you how weak heat's competition was. I bet 1000$ that Magic would of beat Heat in the semifinals if it weren't for Dwight getting injured

The 2012 Heat's playoff run and Lebron's 1st ring really deserve an asterix after it. (So Lebron has 1* ring).

Mr. Jabbar
11-28-2012, 02:28 PM
lebron had to go to boston every year and met the mavericks(who swept the lakers) and the thunder in the finals, how was that easy?

Lakers only had to face a rockets team lead by ron artest and a magic team lead by dwight, lol

Eastern conference is one good team to beat to the Finals at the MOST (lebron wouldn't have even sniffed an nba finals in the west, before the heat teamming up). That aside, Lebron chose the easy path by backstabbing his city a joining forces with the competition in such a phagottry way none nba great has ever done.

ShaqAttack3234
11-28-2012, 02:29 PM

What's funny about that? Granted, Boston was the best team in the East with a healthy, pre-injury KG, but I don't get what's funny about a team led by Dwight Howard. That very same year before the playoffs even started, Phil Jackson was quoted as saying he'd pick Dwight to start a team. I think the best defensive player in the league who gives you 21/14/3 on 57% is pretty formidable. Plus, anyone with the mental capacity to analyze a team knows that you can't judge a team merely by their best player, or even top 2 players. Teams have won championships without a player as good as Dwight, and many others have been legit contenders.

RRR3
11-28-2012, 02:31 PM
"George Paul" :roll: :roll:

ripthekik
11-28-2012, 02:35 PM
"George Paul" :roll: :roll:
oh shit, you finally came out of hiding :roll: :roll: :roll:
it's alright dude, everything's ok.. nobody's going to hurt you now.. :lol

longtime lurker
11-28-2012, 02:36 PM
I'll agree with you only if you promise to stop posting and never come back.

RRR3
11-28-2012, 02:37 PM
:mad:
typical RG

ripthekik
11-28-2012, 02:41 PM
typical RG
Tell us, which account did you use the last few days? Obviously you can't help yourself from posting :oldlol:

RRR3
11-28-2012, 02:43 PM
:cry: :mad: :cry: :mad:
Only have this one RG, unlike you. Sorry. Shocked Stateofmind12 was banned, that was your "non-troll" account too :( . Poor guy.

ripthekik
11-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Only have this one RG, unlike you. Sorry. Shocked Stateofmind12 was banned, that was your "non-troll" account too :( . Poor guy.
like I need another account, this one is enough for me to post on, unlike you. i'm going to bump the thread where everyone praised your heroics in posting :applause: :applause:

RRR3
11-28-2012, 02:48 PM
I am obsessed with RRR3
^truth :applause:

LongLiveTheKing
11-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Oh yeah the Magic were gonna beat the Heat lmao. And Chris Bosh was injured also.

Deuce Bigalow
11-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Looks at 2012 Heat...
Knicks
Pacers
Celtics
Thunder

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Bill-Hader-Laughing.gif

Doranku
11-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah, the 2009 Magic were a complete joke! Such an easy Finals win for Kobe. Now what REALLY would have been embarrassing would be if Kobe somehow lost to that Magic team.

What kind of scrub, choker, wannabe superstar could possibly lead his 65+ win team to a loss against the shitty 2009 Magic while having homecourt advantage?!?!

:roll:

Djahjaga
11-28-2012, 03:35 PM
That Lakers team was awesome. The basketball gods are cruel for injuring KG.

RRR3
11-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Yeah, the 2009 Magic were a complete joke! Such an easy Finals win for Kobe. Now what REALLY would have been embarrassing would be if Kobe somehow lost to that Magic team.

What kind of scrub, choker, wannabe superstar could possibly lead his 65+ win team to a loss against the shitty 2009 Magic while having homecourt advantage?!?!

:roll:
LeBron had his best playoff series ever in 09 against the Magic, better than anything Kobe has done either. Logic fail :coleman:

dajadeed
11-28-2012, 03:40 PM
LeBron had his best playoff series ever in 09 against the Magic, better than anything Kobe has done either. Logic fail :coleman:

Lebron in 09 loses to the Magic = his best playoff series ever.

Kobe in 09 beats the Magic to win his 4th ring = easiest path ever?

I don't think you understand what "logic" means.

RRR3
11-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Lebron in 09 loses to the Magic = his best playoff series ever.

Kobe in 09 beats the Magic to win his 4th ring = easiest path ever?

I don't think you understand what "logic" means.
:biggums: When did I say Kobe had an easy path in 09? I'm not the OP, who's clearly trolling anyways.

dajadeed
11-28-2012, 03:49 PM
:biggums: When did I say Kobe had an easy path in 09? I'm not the OP, who's clearly trolling anyways.

My bad.

Still, though, it's pretty ridiculous to think that Lebron series was better than any of Kobe's. Just stupid, really. Kobe against Phoenix was on another level.

Kobe in the early 2000s was routinely having just stupid series' against Spurs/Kings.

It's stupid to say that an 09 series by a ringless player is better than anything by someone with 4 rings up to that point (including 09 playoffs, obviously).

ShaqAttack3234
11-28-2012, 04:05 PM

I don't know about that, and as far as being better than any of Kobe's series? Well, there's his '01 series vs the Spurs, a couple of series in '08, his '09 series vs Denver and '10 series vs Phoenix off the top of my head.

With that being said, I definitely don't blame Lebron for the '09 loss and thought he played better vs Orlando than Kobe did save for Kobe's amazing game 1. He was a no-show in game 6 and had some turnovers late in the OT loss in game 4, but he was pretty much a one man team. Cleveland's frontcourt was abused by Howard and Rashard was a huge mismatch vs Cleveland's 4s. Games 1 and 4 would have been Cleveland wins without Rashard's late 3s. Brown failed to make any adjustments. Plus, Mo Williams was a no-show as his second option shooting 37%. Brown's offense amounted to Lebron going 1 on 1 and running screen/rolls, occasionally we'd see something else nice from their offense, but they didn't have much to fall back on other than Lebron putting the team on his shoulders. You can't win a title like that.

Really, the '09 series was about all of the match up problems Orlando gave Cleveland, Brown's incompetence as a head coach and Lebron's teammates shrinking. The reason the Lakers fared so much better was that they could defend Howard, Rashard wasn't giving them the same problems, Phil can coach a championship team and the 2 games that could have gone either way went to LA instead. That included a game 4 that Orlando truly gave away, and game 2 was one where they missed a great opportunity as well.

This isn't to discredit Kobe or give Lebron credit he doesn't deserve, Kobe won a title that year while Lebron didn't. But the results of the Orlando series is not proof of who was better at that time. Both had amazing playoff runs, by the way.

KyrieTheFuture
11-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Im slowly starting to just hate basketball fans in general after reading some of the **** you stans keep posting.

All Net
11-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Could care less who was in front of LA bottom line the team won it all.. Nobody else did.

Pursuer
11-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Ish is never short of wonderful threads like this.

L.A. Jazz
11-28-2012, 04:15 PM
who cares? winning is winning and it`s never easy in pro sports.

Artillery
11-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Dwight in the Finals: 15.4 ppg on 48%
Dwight's second option Turkoglu: 18 ppg on 49%
Dwight's third options Rashard Lewis: 17.4 ppg on 40%

Has to among the worst performances for a franchise player in Finals history. Lakers had a cakewalk in '09.

And Lebron badly outplayed Kobe as far as their respective performances against the Magic. Difference is James was playing with a group of role players while Kobe had the best frontcourt in the NBA and the GOAT coach holding his hand the entire way.

chazzy
11-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Kobe had the best frontcourt in the NBA and the GOAT coach holding his hand the entire way.
So were the Lakers that good or did they just have a cakewalk that year? You trolls need to make up your minds, conflicting agendas.

Heavincent
11-28-2012, 04:52 PM
better than anything Kobe has done either. Logic fail :coleman:

No.

swag2011
11-28-2012, 05:00 PM
LOL at a lebron stan saying Kobe's 09 run was the easiest path in history when just this past year,

Derrick Rose torn ACL...bulls out.
Dwight Howard back surgery......magic out
Lin and Shumpert both injured..... Knicks out

So their entire competition was basically out and they had to face the ALMIGHTY Knicks who fired their coach in the season, the LEGENDARY Pacers, which is practically a team full of role players, and the OLD ASS Celtics took them to 7 games. Not to mention they beat a young team in the finals in 5.

Magic was ranked number 1 defensively that year and of course had the DPOY. So let's not act like Lebron didn't have a cake walk this past year, especially with it being a lockout season and all.

DuMa
11-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Even i wouldnt go that far OP. Never go full retard

funnystuff
11-28-2012, 05:13 PM
LOL at a lebron stan saying Kobe's 09 run was the easiest path in history when just this past year,

Derrick Rose torn ACL...bulls out.
Dwight Howard back surgery......magic out
Lin and Shumpert both injured..... Knicks out

So their entire competition was basically out and they had to face the ALMIGHTY Knicks who fired their coach in the season, the LEGENDARY Pacers, which is practically a team full of role players, and the OLD ASS Celtics took them to 7 games. Not to mention they beat a young team in the finals in 5.

Magic was ranked number 1 defensively that year and of course had the DPOY. So let's not act like Lebron didn't have a cake walk this past year, especially with it being a lockout season and all.
Why do you guys keep mentioning Rose? Do you not remember 2011 where the Heat took a mean warm doodoo on the Bulls?

Rose is a non factor and so is everyone on the Knicks.

Legends66NBA7
11-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Im slowly starting to just hate basketball fans in general after reading some of the **** you stans keep posting.

I'm way ahead of you.

:oldlol:

But it's good to see the knowledgeable fans keep it real.

swag2011
11-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Why do you guys keep mentioning Rose? Do you not remember 2011 where the Heat took a mean warm doodoo on the Bulls?

Yea and do you remember how the Mavs embarassed the Heat in 2011? Stuff changes, people improve and learn from past experiences. Just b/c the Heat beat the Bulls in 2011, doesn't mean that the Bulls would've lost again.

Doesn't matter who's a non factor to you, fact of the matter is nearly everyone in the East that could've been competition to the heat this past year was injured or old.

KyrieTheFuture
11-28-2012, 07:03 PM
There is no such thing as an easy path to the Finals **** all of you.

madmax
11-28-2012, 07:04 PM

Has to among the worst performances for a franchise player in Finals history. Lakers had a cakewalk in '09.

And Lebron badly outplayed Kobe as far as their respective performances against the Magic. Difference is James was playing with a group of role players while Kobe had the best frontcourt in the NBA and the GOAT coach holding his hand the entire way.

:applause: :cheers:
preach it brah

Magic 32
11-28-2012, 07:59 PM

1. Shaq's legacy is built on having a cakewalk in the finals.

2. Still not mentioning the Nuggets are you? (one of Kobe

poido123
11-28-2012, 08:50 PM

Your an idiot. Was a very close series, all the games were decided in the last 5 minutes except the first game when the Bulls blew out the heat. Bulls had a very good lead up to the finals last year, and looked even better than their previous year.

Non-factor :oldlol: You should stop posting. Rose was the focus of the entire heat defense, Noah and Boozer injury affected allowed Heat to do that.

longtime lurker
11-28-2012, 08:58 PM

Well what does that say about Lebron that he couldn't win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4 games against the worst finals team in finals history. They were one shot away from being swept....

TheMarkMadsen
11-28-2012, 09:13 PM
This forum is trash.

11-29-2012, 06:11 AM
there should also be an asterisk next to the Lakers 2002 title run.

Kings got the shaft.

imnew09
11-29-2012, 06:55 AM

That Magic team defeated the Cavs that was led by Lebron, so what's your point?

Yao Ming's Foot
11-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Kobe's easiest path to a championship >>>> Lebron's hardest path to a championship by virtue of playing in the JV conference. :confusedshrug:

KOBE143
11-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Team that won in a shortened/lockout season are the one that should have asterisk.. And those teams are the Spurs99 and cHeat11.. Any team that won in a full regular season are legit champions and deserving..

NumberSix
11-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Team that won in a shortened/lockout season are the one that should have asterisk.. And those teams are the Spurs99 and cHeat11.. Any team that won in a full regular season are legit champions and deserving..
Kobe's heart.

Derivative
01-24-2013, 03:54 AM
bump

Mr. Jabbar
01-24-2013, 03:57 AM
This forum is trash.

doh

Vienceslav
01-24-2013, 04:12 AM
There are 7 threads dicksucking MJ and hating Kobe/Lakers on the front page all made by this guy at some point it stops being cute and just becomes sad , whether we passed that point , that i'll leave to the reader to decide.:lol

TheBigVeto
01-24-2013, 05:20 AM

TO give some credit to Kobe, he did help injure Yao Ming.

So for those Chinese/Asians who voted for Kobe in ASG:
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh600/Rodman2124/kobeclutch.gif