11-28-2012, 10:26 PM
http://imgur.com/PbBo7

:confusedshrug:

Tmuston Beltics
11-28-2012, 10:28 PM
:cheers:

LosBulls
11-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Maybe they thought they were playing the Lakers and didn't want to mess with Artest?

IGotACoolStory
11-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Looks like during the warmups.

Rake2204
11-29-2012, 12:01 AM
This bums me out. It was before the game started but if I'm not mistaken, there's only 5 minutes until tip. I'd say chances are there weren't 17,000 fans chilling in the foyer until things got under way.

I mean, I know Detroit's been bad for the past few years, but how has it come to this? They sold out for something like 8 consecutive seasons during the '00's and now it appears they're struggling to hit 5,000? As a Pistons fan, it's depressing to see.

Fudge
11-29-2012, 12:06 AM
This is what happens when you invested so much money in Prince, Charlie V, and Ben Gordon. They have a really bright future though. Stuckey's the odd man out imo.

Rake2204
11-29-2012, 12:13 AM
This is what happens when you invested so much money in Prince, Charlie V, and Ben Gordon. They have a really bright future though. Stuckey's the odd man out imo.I feel like there's been a lot worse collections of talent in the NBA throughout the years who still drew a lot more than Detroit has been for the past few years. Is the economy playing a role? Being so far out of Detroit (Auburn Hills)? The new circus-like feel being provided by new ownership?

It's A VC3!!!
11-29-2012, 12:18 AM
I remember one time there was a terrible Blizzard in NY during a Nets/Bucks game. I think under 1,500 fans showed up that night. I'll have to find a picture of that:oldlol:

Heavincent
11-29-2012, 12:20 AM
I remember one time there was a terrible Blizzard in NY during a Nets/Bucks game. I think under 1,500 fans showed up that night. I'll have to find a picture of that:oldlol:

http://weblogs.wpix.com/sports/thehuddle/nets3333.JPG

Rake2204
11-29-2012, 12:22 AM
http://weblogs.wpix.com/sports/thehuddle/nets3333.JPGGood to know the ushers probably weren't sticklers about letting the crowd move closer to the game, requiring folks to return to their upper deck seats and whatnot.

It's A VC3!!!
11-29-2012, 12:23 AM

Beat me to it lol. I would actually enjoy a game like that because I can talk to the players much easier. The security guards also let every fan move up as close as they wanted because of the Blizzard situation. I think only like 50people attended that game.

Heavincent
11-29-2012, 12:27 AM
That's probably what the Jets game is gonna look like this Sunday :oldlol: The Jets have the highest ticket prices in the league despite being a bottom 10 team. Woody Johnson is such a ****ing idiot. But I digress.

Kiddlovesnets
11-29-2012, 12:29 AM

Yeah, but at least we can blame that game's low attendance to the Bilzzard. This time theres no one to blame.

chosen_one6
11-29-2012, 01:08 AM
This bums me out. It was before the game started but if I'm not mistaken, there's only 5 minutes until tip. I'd say chances are there weren't 17,000 fans chilling in the foyer until things got under way.

I mean, I know Detroit's been bad for the past few years, but how has it come to this? They sold out for something like 8 consecutive seasons during the '00's and now it appears they're struggling to hit 5,000? As a Pistons fan, it's depressing to see.

Detroit is a poor city and on top of that the Pistons are garbage.

Tmuston Beltics
11-29-2012, 01:20 AM
Attendance: 10517

KOBE143
11-29-2012, 02:44 AM
comparable to the cHeat crowd..

MetsPackers
11-29-2012, 02:57 AM

Oh shit I forgot this ever happened! I was at this game with my dad and my uncle! It was crazy seeing that but it was awesome players were talkin to us and shit i had completely forgot that happened

stax
11-29-2012, 07:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ca6Eu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ErTrH.png

RoundMoundOfReb
11-29-2012, 07:56 AM
http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams/teamatt.htm?tm=Van&lg=n

considering how awful those teams were, those #s are amazing. Raptors are top 10 in the league too despite their awful team.

Rake2204
11-29-2012, 11:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ca6Eu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ErTrH.pngThat about sums it up.

rufuspaul
11-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Attendance: 10517

That was better than the Hawks last night.

CLTHornets4eva
11-29-2012, 11:45 AM
That was better than the Hawks last night.

I was there couldn't have been more than 6,000 people. I'm sure the Hawks will list it around 10,000 too though. :facepalm

Scholar
11-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Oh shit I forgot this ever happened! I was at this game with my dad and my uncle! It was crazy seeing that but it was awesome players were talkin to us and shit i had completely forgot that happened

:wtf: How do you attend a game like that but forget it happened? :facepalm

dd24
11-29-2012, 07:38 PM
It's too bad Pistons fans can't appreciate what they have there. It's not like games are expensive to go to. If they were in LA they wouldn't be able to go to a game if they wanted to..... it costs so much money for a decent seat. The Pistons have some fun young players to watch. If I were in Detroit I'd be checking out as many games as I could. With another solid draft this year and a good offseason aquisition the Pistons will be a good team again. I'm really hoping for a top 3 pick this year. We haven't had one yet through this stretch. Detroit always seems to go on a winning streak at the end of the season and it screws them over. They've been lucky with people sliding down in the draft, but they really do need that one really good draft pick. To me, I'd like to watch the games through this rebuilding process.

iDunk
11-29-2012, 07:43 PM
My how the mighty have fallen.

Rake2204
11-29-2012, 07:47 PM
It's too bad Pistons fans can't appreciate what they have there. It's not like games are expensive to go to. If they were in LA they wouldn't be able to go to a game if they wanted to..... it costs so much money for a decent seat. The Pistons have some fun young players to watch. If I were in Detroit I'd be checking out as many games as I could. With another solid draft this year and a good offseason aquisition the Pistons will be a good team again. I'm really hoping for a top 3 pick this year. We haven't had one yet through this stretch. Detroit always seems to go on a winning streak at the end of the season and it screws them over. They've been lucky with people sliding down in the draft, but they really do need that one really good draft pick. To me, I'd like to watch the games through this rebuilding process.I'm planning on hitting up a contest or two this year because I agree, I think it's always worth supporting a squad you like, particularly when tickets are so affordable at this point. Unfortunately, I think most fans are motivated by winning and what's hot. The Tigers had terrible attendance once the newness of their stadium wore off. But the minute they began really winning, suddenly I have all these Facebook friends who've supposedly been die-hard Tigers fans for life.

I think the Pistons just caught a lot of bad at once. People don't like to hear it, but it's true that once William Davidson passed away, Joe Dumars was largely unable to make any sort of transactions until new ownership was secured (it took nearly two years). I also feel a new sense of entitlement among fans - in '02 Detroit fans were just happy to make the playoffs, by '09 they were pissed any time they didn't win a championship. Further, that players revolt combined with the NBA lockout only reminded a lot of folks about how rich players are, and how much that sickens them.

Basically, Detroit had a team that'd fallen off, some bad moves were made (then not made), they struggled, they bickered with their coach, then the league locked out and there was no real good reason for non die-hard fans to come back. Greg Monroe's very nice, but he's not exactly exciting. Hopefully Andre Drummond and Brandon Knight can provide some of that hype and energy as we move along.

Rake2204
11-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Separately, I read an article in the Free Press today suggesting the Pistons must now move downtown as the supposed reason they're not drawing is because they play in Auburn Hills. I thought it was interesting to pen such an article after just two years of down attendance, more or less ignoring the fact Detroit set a consecutive sell-outs record in '09 and led the league in attendance six times during the '00's.

The Pistons will have to do something big on the hardwood, but when they do, the fans will come back. They're always coming back.

Droid101
11-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Trading away your best player and best leader so that you can give your franchise's keys to Rodney ****ing Stuckey? You deserve every minute of this.

embersyc
11-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah because it's so much better to go downtown then to go to Auburn Hills.

Has any Free Press writers actually been downtown lately? The nice thing about seeing games at the palace is you don't have to pay $20 to park and you don't have have to run a gauntlet of beggars to get in the door.

dd24
11-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Trading away your best player and best leader so that you can give your franchise's keys to Rodney ****ing Stuckey? You deserve every minute of this.

That's not what happenend at all. Joe D knew the Pistons weren't going to get past the Celtics. He knew everybody was getting older. He tried to make a move, then the owner passed away and we knew it would be a longer process than we thought. Also, who in the world was that fond of Billups outside of Pistons fans at that time? Everybody in the world didn't realize how good those players were individually. Everybody said they couldn't succeed without each other. Billups never got near the respect he deserved until he was successful in Denver.

dd24
11-29-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't want to see the Pistons leave the Palace either. I don't see it affecting ticket sales positively like they seem to say. Outside of the Lions, Michigan sports fans don't support their teams unless they're winning.....

Rake2204
11-29-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't want to see the Pistons leave the Palace either. I don't see it affecting ticket sales positively like they seem to say. Outside of the Lions, Michigan sports fans don't support their teams unless they're winning.....I was just a young child in the 1980's but I've been hearing stories that it wasn't too pretty for the Red Wings back then. I heard they were just flat out giving away tickets and offered cars as prizes at the game just as means of drawing fans out to the Joe.

Also, I remember the final years at Tiger Stadium, where games often looked like this:

http://boydwonder.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/tiger_stadium_right_field.jpg

Droid101
11-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Billups never got near the respect he deserved until he was successful in Denver.
:roll:

Is this what Piston fans really believe?

Rake2204
11-29-2012, 08:47 PM
:roll:

Is this what Piston fans really believe?I see where he's coming from but no. If that were the case, Billups wouldn't have been an MVP candidate in '06. It did seem to take a bit for the league to realize Detroit was made up of some great individual players though. For a while, a lot of folks seemed to push the idea that Detroit was just a bunch of mediocre talent who played well together. I think the NBA title and subsequent ECF run helped put most of that to rest, if not resulting in the overrating of some of the lesser Pistons players (I feel like 30+ year old Lindsey Hunter was close to an 80 overall in NBA 2K5).

HorryIsMyMVP
11-29-2012, 08:51 PM
It's not Michigan's people's fault that the Pistons are ran by idiots.

InspiredLebowski
11-29-2012, 09:03 PM
So that's why no one is talking about how awesome Greg Monroe is. Drummond learns to play they're gonna be terrifying.

DetroitPiston
11-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Losing teams are never popular. For all the people who claim they're Wings fans, my dad always laughed when very few ever showed up to Wings games when they were crap. Soon as the Pistons start winning those fans will be back.

Detroit sports fans are spoiled, though. Have been for years.

Plus, aside from Michigan State, basketball never seems to get a lot of love.

Separately, I read an article in the Free Press today suggesting the Pistons must now move downtown as the supposed reason they're not drawing is because they play in Auburn Hills. I thought it was interesting to pen such an article after just two years of down attendance, more or less ignoring the fact Detroit set a consecutive sell-outs record in '09 and led the league in attendance six times during the '00's.

The Pistons will have to do something big on the hardwood, but when they do, the fans will come back. They're always coming back.

It wasn't written by Drew Sharp, was it? That guy's been playing the moronic contrarian act for years. Or the let's make a crazy leap of logic act.

I've said it several times, a sports arena should be the last thing on the list at the moment. Palace doesn't have any debts due to Davidson paying out of his own pocket (Gotta respect that).

People want Detroit to be vibrant, bring in more than arenas.

So that's why no one is talking about how awesome Greg Monroe is. Drummond learns to play they're gonna be terrifying.

I've always thought that Greg's problem was that he isn't a highlight player, so it's why he's never talked about. Blake Griffin is a perfect example of that. Great player and brings in the fans with his dunks. You can fill up arenas quickly if you have that.

Stuckey
11-29-2012, 09:19 PM

you shut your whore mouth

dd24
11-29-2012, 09:22 PM

:cheers:

Rake2204
11-29-2012, 09:54 PM
It wasn't written by Drew Sharp, was it? That guy's been playing the moronic contrarian act for years. Or the let's make a crazy leap of logic act.You know Drew too well.

Droid101
11-29-2012, 10:08 PM
I was waiting for you to chime in!

I know you're an actual Stuckey fan and not an idiot, so I know you're willing to admit he's been playing like booty this season.

Stuckey
11-29-2012, 11:01 PM
I was waiting for you to chime in!

I know you're an actual Stuckey fan and not an idiot, so I know you're willing to admit he's been playing like booty this season.

yes, he had a slow start last season too, but Singler has playing great, he deserves the starting spot

I hope Frank gives Rodney burn as the back up PG over Bynum's PT