PDA

View Full Version : Teletovic : Best or Bust?

rodman91
11-30-2012, 10:03 PM
I was wondering what type of player he is so i checked out Nets game tonight. He literally chucked any time he got the ball even without thinking passing it. No hesitation at all. Almost like a sabotage.

So I did some little researched in some forums what people was thinking about him before joining Nets...

Generally they say he is the most selfish player they have ever seen and try to shoot whenever he gets ball in his hands. He has great range but inconsistent. Some games he shoot good and become hero other days he is chucking and killing the team. He doesn't even think pass the ball, let alone assists. No rebound etc. (Of course there are some Teletovic fans as well and praise his crazy range etc. and saying he is the best)

He looks like retarded and crippled same time on court. I know it sounds harsh but that's probably the truth. I don't think he'll stay in NBA so long.4 minutes was enough for me wonder wtf is wrong with this guy :lol I think he is a bust and he'll go back to Europe in a year or two. Maybe not even that much.

What worse Nets verbally agreed 15.6 million dollars for 3 years but fortunately (!) they signed with him 9 ****ing million dollars !!!...

Note : His career assits average in Europe: 0.7 in 27 minutes per game.

I think Europe fooled Nets organization big time. :lol

rodman91
11-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Last 4 minutes he is back in the game again... let's see.

ChuckOakley
11-30-2012, 10:25 PM
He doesn't rebound or play D well enough to get minutes. But its hard to judge him yet. He's new to the NBA and seemingly tried to bulk up which was a mistake as it affected his shot. He was originally going to get the full Mle but took the smaller one so the Nets could pursue Dwight, who he was ideally meant to be paired with. He shares the same American agent as D.Will, so there was an agenda. Also if the Nets didn't sign him the Cavs were ready to.

I'll wait until the end of the year to really form an opinion. But at the time the signing made sense as we didn't have a single PF under contract, even though it cost us GG.

rodman91
11-30-2012, 11:05 PM
I think it's impossible for Avery to like this guy. "Defense" & "Intense" is all Avery Johnson goes crazy about.

Extremely soft & unathletic for PF. I wanna say maybe he'll be good in future but he is already 27 years old. If he understands the offensive flow better and hit those long jumpers he can be Novak type of guy. I don't expect more fromhim at this point.

I'm disappointed. There were some guys with Mirza avatar on ISH. I guess i caught in their hype in early season.:lol

It's A VC3!!!
11-30-2012, 11:15 PM
He was supposed to be our Steve Novak. So far Stack has taken that role and Mirza has been on the bench every game. Right now the Nets are winning so there's no reason to try and mesh him into the lineup. MarShon NEEDS to play and I'm not going to keep saying this crap every game. Childress should never play. MarShon is losing confidence and this guy can be a key contributor for this team but he needs to play.

ChuckOakley
11-30-2012, 11:16 PM
I think it's impossible for Avery to like this guy. "Defense" & "Intense" is all Avery Johnson goes crazy about.

Extremely soft & unathletic for PF. I wanna say maybe he'll be good in future but he is already 27 years old. If he understands the offensive flow better and hit those long jumpers he can be Novak type of guy. I don't expect more fromhim at this point.

I'm disappointed. There were some guys with Mirza avatar on ISH. I guess i caught in their hype in early season.:lol
Avery tried to give him a chance in pre-season, he just can't afford to lose games.

I don't think he's that soft or even that unathletic (I've seen some nice dunks), he just is slow and gained too much weight, where he's not carrying it well or shooting well.

I think he needs to be played at the 3 ideally.. Peja/Hedo/Novak style. He will get beat, but at least there will be another line of defense, as opposed to him being a PF.

Age thing I don't pay much mind to.. he's new to the NBA, had to bring over a wife and kids and deal with a hurricane. I don't think he's ready in many ways.

Euroleague
11-30-2012, 11:27 PM
He doesn't rebound or play D well enough to get minutes. But its hard to judge him yet. He's new to the NBA and seemingly tried to bulk up which was a mistake as it affected his shot. He was originally going to get the full Mle but took the smaller one so the Nets could pursue Dwight, who he was ideally meant to be paired with. He shares the same American agent as D.Will, so there was an agenda. Also if the Nets didn't sign him the Cavs were ready to.

I'll wait until the end of the year to really form an opinion. But at the time the signing made sense as we didn't have a single PF under contract, even though it cost us GG.

Bulk up? Why in the hell would he need to bulk up? He was already about 260 pounds last year. Anyway, Teletovic can't play in any team with success unless he is allowed to shoot as much as he wants to.

That's just the reality of it. The guy has no conscience and will shoot it whenever he can, from any distance. You either let him do that, or you bench him. Pretty simple.

He can REALLY light it up on offense though when he is on. I mean REALLY light it up.

Euroleague
11-30-2012, 11:29 PM
He was supposed to be our Steve Novak. So far Stack has taken that role and Mirza has been on the bench every game. Right now the Nets are winning so there's no reason to try and mesh him into the lineup. MarShon NEEDS to play and I'm not going to keep saying this crap every game. Childress should never play. MarShon is losing confidence and this guy can be a key contributor for this team but he needs to play.

Josh Childress is easily one of the worst players I haver ever seen in the Euroleague or the NBA. It's unbelievable how good that guy's agent is.

Euroleague
11-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Avery tried to give him a chance in pre-season, he just can't afford to lose games.

I don't think he's that soft or even that unathletic (I've seen some nice dunks), he just is slow and gained too much weight, where he's not carrying it well or shooting well.

I think he needs to be played at the 3 ideally.. Peja/Hedo/Novak style. He will get beat, but at least there will be another line of defense, as opposed to him being a PF.

Age thing I don't pay much mind to.. he's new to the NBA, had to bring over a wife and kids and deal with a hurricane. I don't think he's ready in many ways.

There is not a chance in hell that Teletovic can play at SF. None.

gabepizza
12-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Josh Childress is easily one of the worst players I haver ever seen in the Euroleague or the NBA. It's unbelievable how good that guy's agent is.

Yes one of the worse players you have ever seen in Euroleague was selected to all-Euroleague 2nd team and was 2nd in scoring, tied for 2nd in rebounds, 3rd in assists, tied for 3rd in steals and tied for 1st in blocks on a team that made the Euroleague final.

bd#1pguard
12-01-2012, 12:58 AM
He needs some playing time, who can get used to the nba with dnp-cd's and 3 minutes a game. and no he didnt even get a chance in the preseason tbh as i kept an eye on those games. We'll see what happens with him, so far the nba has imprisoned him. However the comment above that said he needs to adjust to the way of life here thats a half true. He's from spain where i've stayed, yeah new york is bigger and he's probably never seen a hurricane but there are cities in spain that are just as fast paced. He'll be fine, def too soon to call a bust.

Euroleague
12-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Yes one of the worse players you have ever seen in Euroleague was selected to all-Euroleague 2nd team and was 2nd in scoring, tied for 2nd in rebounds, 3rd in assists, tied for 3rd in steals and tied for 1st in blocks on a team that made the Euroleague final.

STFU you god damn troll.

Childress was an absolute JOKE with Olympiacos.

chains5000
12-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Bulk up? Why in the hell would he need to bulk up? He was already about 260 pounds last year. Anyway, Teletovic can't play in any team with success unless he is allowed to shoot as much as he wants to.

That's just the reality of it. The guy has no conscience and will shoot it whenever he can, from any distance. You either let him do that, or you bench him. Pretty simple.

He can REALLY light it up on offense though when he is on. I mean REALLY light it up.
Agreed, when he's on, he can win any game by himself, but you need to let him shoot.

gabepizza
12-01-2012, 10:39 AM
STFU you god damn troll.

Childress was an absolute JOKE with Olympiacos.

Funny how this joke was 2nd in scoring, 2nd in rebounds and was selected to All-Euroleague 2nd team.

Arroyo8
12-01-2012, 10:42 AM
bust

ZHAKIDD532
12-01-2012, 11:28 AM
He's played a grand total of 47 minutes this season, and not on anything resembling a regular schedule. Don't you think it might be just a tad early to call the guy a bust?

Euroleague
12-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Agreed, when he's on, he can win any game by himself, but you need to let him shoot.

chains can you tell this gabepizza nut to shut up about Childress. He has been claiming ever since he got here that Childress was one of the best players in Europe.

I'm sick of this guy's endless trolling here.

Euroleague
12-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Funny how this joke was 2nd in scoring, 2nd in rebounds and was selected to All-Euroleague 2nd team.

Funny how he was NOT 2nd in scoring and he was NOT 2nd in rebounds, but you keep LYING and claiming that he was.

GTFO

Euroleague
12-01-2012, 11:33 AM
He's played a grand total of 47 minutes this season, and not on anything resembling a regular schedule. Don't you think it might be just a tad early to call the guy a bust?

Not to NBA only fans. Rubio was god of Euroleague and guys like Teletovic, Maciauskas, Spanoulis were NBA busts without even getting a chance to play.

Welcome to the world of the NBA only fan, and how they "analyze" European players.

LJJ
12-01-2012, 12:00 PM

What do you propose then, should we only have a discussion after the fact when everything is already clear? Like two years from now when Teletovic is gone from the NBA we all come together and say "Eh, that guy was not very good aye?"? ISH would be the most boring thing in the history of the internet if we did that.

This is the premise of the thread: Will he get better or not? Saying that we don't know what the future holds is a useless comment.

Signing Teletovic to so much money was a mistake. I have such a hard time to understand what is going on in the heads of the Nets management, because you really think they would analyse before they throw 15 million at a player what that player can bring to this team. I fail to see how Teletovic would improve the team even in the very best case scenario. Maybe for a team like the Bobcats trying to get a one dimensional scorer and hoping he pans out is a worthwhile gamble, but for the Nets? Just a terrible decision all around.

chains5000
12-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Signing Teletovic to so much money was a mistake. I have such a hard time to understand what is going on in the heads of the Nets management, because you really think they would analyse before they throw 15 million at a player what that player can bring to this team. I fail to see how Teletovic would improve the team even in the very best case scenario. Maybe for a team like the Bobcats trying to get a one dimensional scorer and hoping he pans out is a worthwhile gamble, but for the Nets? Just a terrible decision all around.
I can't exactly remember when he got signed but, I guess they wanted to pair him with Howard, which could have worked.

Euroleague
12-01-2012, 08:11 PM
What do you propose then, should we only have a discussion after the fact when everything is already clear? Like two years from now when Teletovic is gone from the NBA we all come together and say "Eh, that guy was not very good aye?"? ISH would be the most boring thing in the history of the internet if we did that.

This is the premise of the thread: Will he get better or not? Saying that we don't know what the future holds is a useless comment.

Where are you getting this $15 million figure from? He does not make anything close to that.

BlueCrayon
12-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Not to NBA only fans. Rubio was god of Euroleague and guys like Teletovic, Maciauskas, Spanoulis were NBA busts without even getting a chance to play.

Welcome to the world of the NBA only fan, and how they "analyze" European players.

Well, if they were any good wouldn't the coach play them?

gabepizza
12-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Funny how he was NOT 2nd in scoring and he was NOT 2nd in rebounds, but you keep LYING and claiming that he was.

GTFO

2nd in scoring and rebounds for his team, not the whole league. Sorry if I didn't specify that. And it was on the team that made the Euroleague final. Here are the team stats of Olympiacos the year they made the Euroleague Final:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteamstats?clubcode=OLY&seasoncode=E2009

If you notice Childress is 2nd in scoring and in rebounding. So he was arguably the 2nd best player on arguably the 2nd best team. No wonder he was selected for all-Euroleague 2nd team that year.

gabepizza
12-01-2012, 08:41 PM
2nd in scoring and rebounds for his team, not the whole league. Sorry if I didn't specify that. And it was on the team that made the Euroleague final. Here are the team stats of Olympiacos the year they made the Euroleague Final:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteamstats?clubcode=OLY&seasoncode=E2009

If you notice Childress is 2nd in scoring and in rebounding. So he was arguably the 2nd best player on arguably the 2nd best team. No wonder he was selected for all-Euroleague 2nd team that year.

You know what. I'm going to correct myself. Looking at those stats Childress is arguably the 3rd best player (after Kleiza and Teodosic) on the 2nd best team. Still that is far from "trash".

Euroleague
12-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Well, if they were any good wouldn't the coach play them?

No.

Why the hell didn't Drazen Petrovic play?

It's been going on for many years in the NBA. American coaches have a bias against European players.

Euroleague
12-02-2012, 01:10 PM

You are nuts.

Sakkreth
12-02-2012, 01:47 PM
No.

It's been going on for many years in the NBA. American coaches have a bias against European players.

Yeah Petrovic is good example. Thing is that some coaches tries European players for 5 minutes and then expects magic, if they don't see it they just bench them while those players were playing in the nba their first minutes ever and it's a different game from Europe. Good that Petrovic was smart enough to call out his coach so he got sent to another team where he got time to play and made his previous coach look retarded.

Nash
12-02-2012, 02:06 PM
He was one of the best player and 2nd team all star in Euroleague.

There is something seriously wrong with you. I have no idea what it is, but I seriously think you're a crazy person.

BlueCrayon
12-02-2012, 02:54 PM
No.

Drazen was in a bad situation and he eventually did get to play when he got to the Nets. If coaches have a bias against European players, can you explain why Dragic is a starter and Valanciunas and Prigioni among others get consistent minutes? Also, these coaches see their players in practice everyday. I am pretty sure that if the guy was any good both the players and coaches would recognize it. Even if the coach doesn't play them, at least one of the players would speak out about it.

Euroleague
12-02-2012, 03:01 PM
He was one of the best player and 2nd team all star in Euroleague.

There is something seriously wrong with you. I have no idea what it is, but I seriously think you're a crazy person.

Josh Childress sucked totally the whole time he was in Euroleague. If you claim otherwise, you either never saw him play in Euroleague, or you are just a complete liar.

Euroleague
12-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Drazen was in a bad situation and he eventually did get to play when he got to the Nets. If coaches have a bias against European players, can you explain why Dragic is a starter and Valanciunas and Prigioni among others get consistent minutes? Also, these coaches see their players in practice everyday. I am pretty sure that if the guy was any good both the players and coaches would recognize it. Even if the coach doesn't play them, at least one of the players would speak out about it.

Numerous European players got benched for no reason.

Drazen Petrovic (by the Blazers)

Vassilis Spanouluis (by the Rockets)

Sarunas Jasikevicius (by the Warriors)

Arvydas Macijauskas (by the Hornets)

etc. There are more but these are the most blatant examples.

There is simply no reason for them to have been benched, other than a bias against them because they were European.

BTW, NBA has no bias against Argentine players.

NBA teams only practice about 2-5 times a month.

LJJ
12-02-2012, 03:20 PM

There is simply no reason for them to have been benched, other than a bias against them because they were European.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L1kOu5kG-lk

Nash
12-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Josh Childress sucked totally the whole time he was in Euroleague. If you claim otherwise, you either never saw him play in Euroleague, or you are just a complete liar.
How come he was 2nd Euroleague team and averaged 2nd highest ppg for the Euroleague champs after another average NBA player in Kleiza? What this tells me is that you can win the Euroleague with guys like Kleiza and Childress being your highest and 2nd highest scorers.

gabepizza
12-02-2012, 04:49 PM

Everytime you post that lie I'm just going to post the link that shows he was 2nd in scoring, 2nd in rebounds and tied for 1st in blocks on the team that made it to the final Euroleague championship game. Not to mention being selected to all-Euroleague 2nd team....you welcome.

BlueCrayon
12-02-2012, 05:08 PM

Drazen Petrovic (by the Blazers)

etc. There are more but these are the most blatant examples.

BTW, NBA has no bias against Argentine players.

NBA teams only practice about 2-5 times a month.

You are ignoring all my points... Drazen was benched because he was in a bad situation being put on a team with Clyde Drexler and Terry Porter, two established guards who would eventually make the finals. Also, why does the NBA conveniently not have a bias against Argentine players?

Also like I said, the coaches and players would know if the guy was any good since they are basically always around them.

Euroleague
12-02-2012, 09:02 PM
How come he was 2nd Euroleague team and averaged 2nd highest ppg for the Euroleague champs after another average NBA player in Kleiza? What this tells me is that you can win the Euroleague with guys like Kleiza and Childress being your highest and 2nd highest scorers.

How come he didn't win the Euroleague title but you claim he did?

How come you claim a POS player was good?

How come you are a dumb ass?

Euroleague
12-02-2012, 09:06 PM

Everytime you post that lie I'm just going to post the link that shows he was 2nd in scoring, 2nd in rebounds and tied for 1st in blocks on the team that made it to the final Euroleague championship game. Not to mention being selected to all-Euroleague 2nd team....you welcome.

You actually said that Childress was better than guys like Nikola Vujcic, Ioannis Bourousis, Yotam Halperin, Big Sofo, Theo Papaloukas, Loukas Mavrokefalidis, Patrick Beverly, Panos Vasilopoulos..........

I won't mention Sloukas and Papanikolaou because they were just kids then. But jessuz h christ saying Childress was better than those other players.

You actually freaking said Childress was better than those other players.....

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :rolleyes: :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

You are the dumbest mofo in the history of this forum.

Euroleague
12-02-2012, 09:07 PM
You are ignoring all my points... Drazen was benched because he was in a bad situation being put on a team with Clyde Drexler and Terry Porter, two established guards who would eventually make the finals. Also, why does the NBA conveniently not have a bias against Argentine players?

Also like I said, the coaches and players would know if the guy was any good since they are basically always around them.

You are a douche bag.

Rooster
12-02-2012, 09:10 PM

Childress and Kleiza were stud in Euroleague.:bowdown:

They led their team to Euroleague final:oldlol:

Just like Kirilienko and Krstic did:roll:

Euroleague
12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Childress and Kleiza were stud in Euroleague.:bowdown:

They led their team to Euroleague final:oldlol:

Just like Kirilienko and Krstic did:roll:

Yeah and they all lost to Spanoulis in the playoffs, Childress lost to Spanoulis THREE times in playoffs...............

Strange how they were "studs in Euroelague" despite all losing to the "scrub" in the playoffs.

outbreak
12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
You still haven't mentioned how the player who you claim is the worst you've ever seen managed to put up good stats on a team that went to the finals. Who cares who they lost to, they went to the finals and he was their 2nd/3rd best player. Why don't you just recant your statement of him being the worst you've seen and admit you were exaggerating that statement?

gabepizza
12-02-2012, 09:42 PM
You actually said that Childress was better than guys like Nikola Vujcic, Ioannis Bourousis, Yotam Halperin, Big Sofo, Theo Papaloukas, Loukas Mavrokefalidis, Patrick Beverly, Panos Vasilopoulos..........

I won't mention Sloukas and Papanikolaou because they were just kids then. But jessuz h christ saying Childress was better than those other players.

You actually freaking said Childress was better than those other players.....

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :rolleyes: :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

You are the dumbest mofo in the history of this forum.

I never said anything about Childress being better than any of those people. You just spread a lie saying he was trash in Euroleague. I showed the facts that he was all-Euroleague 2nd team and the second leader scorer and rebounder on the Euroleague runner-up and therefore not trash.

gabepizza
12-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah and they all lost to Spanoulis in the playoffs, Childress lost to Spanoulis THREE times in playoffs...............

Strange how they were "studs in Euroelague" despite all losing to the "scrub" in the playoffs.

So they lost the final game. The one game elimination final. The point is that a team with Childress and Kleiza as two of their three best players and a team with Kirilienko and Krstic as their best players made the Euroleague final and the Kirilenko and Krstic team lost the final by one point on a last second jump shot.

So by your logic the only good team in Euroleague is the champion. If the runner-up is not good that means all other 22 team must be bad as well. So Euroleague is a league with only one good team? lol

And no one ever called Spanoulis a scrub in Euroleague. We all know he is one of the best players in Euroleague. He was a scrub in the NBA.

rodman91
12-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Best way to describe his game that he plays like he is in 3 point competion. No rebound,no defense, no pass, no dribble, no moves, no hesitation,just shoot as fast as he can. Even in limited playing time he makes me say I have never seen another player like him.:oldlol: If his shots start to go in, it will be crazy to watch that game.

Also it has nothing to do with being european or american, no coach would let him play some real minutes at this point. Not even in Bobcats.He must change many things in his game next summer to become a legit bench player.

BoutPractice
12-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Best way to describe his game that he plays like he is in 3 point competion. No rebound,no defense, no pass, no dribble, no moves, no hesitation,just shoot as fast as he can. Even in limited playing time he makes me say I have never seen another player like him.:oldlol:
> Your description instantly makes me think of Eddie House.
Wasn't Teletovic a versatile player who liked contact in Europe? I haven't watched any Nets games this season, so I'm curious as to how his game changed.

chains5000
12-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Wasn't Teletovic a versatile player who liked contact in Europe? I haven't watched any Nets games this season, so I'm curious as to how his game changed.
He spent more time playing inside last season, but he's always been a player who loved 3s.

Partizan
12-03-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't think Mirza will succeed in NBA... Unless some team just makes him their franchise player for shits and giggles.
He needs complete freedom to be productive, he is a volume scorer and honestly he doesn't deserve that kind of opportunity in the NBA.

Regarding Childress, I kinda have to admit Euroleague has a point about him, he was an important player for Olympiacos that season, and his off. rebound in the semifinals againts my Partizan took them to the finals, but he was just a good player on a good team, he didn't have superstar status or played like a supestar, he was a good player on terrible contract...
He struggled to create for himself on offense, but thrived in transition and open court. From what I remember he was more than a solid rebounder and a defender.

Grinder
12-03-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't think Mirza will succeed in NBA... Unless some team just makes him their franchise player for shits and giggles.
He needs complete freedom to be productive, he is a volume scorer and honestly he doesn't deserve that kind of opportunity in the NBA.

Regarding Childress, I kinda have to admit Euroleague has a point about him, he was an important player for Olympiacos that season, and his off. rebound in the semifinals againts my Partizan took them to the finals, but he was just a good player on a good team, he didn't have superstar status or played like a supestar, he was a good player on terrible contract...
He struggled to create for himself on offense, but thrived in transition and open court. From what I remember he was more than a solid rebounder and a defender.

Are you really from Montenegro? You guys are quickly becoming a force in European basketball. Pekovic and Vucevic are both starters and you've got major talents like Dubljevic and Ivanovic. The national team has lots of above average players in Europe as well...they impressively beat Serbia twice this summer. I look forward to watching them in Eurobasket.

Partizan
12-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Are you really from Montenegro? You guys are quickly becoming a force in European basketball. Pekovic and Vucevic are both starters and you've got major talents like Dubljevic and Ivanovic. The national team has lots of above average players in Europe as well...they impressively beat Serbia twice this summer. I look forward to watching them in Eurobasket.

Yes, I'm from Montenegro, well we have a great frontcourt and there are also talks that maybe Mirotic will also play for us due to Ibaka taking his spot in Spanish team. Problem is that our only hope on the outside is that Ivanovic pans out, we are forced to give passports to American players to play in the backcourt for us and I don't really support that in a national team...
If Pekovic plays I hope for a good result in Eurobasket this summer...

gabepizza
12-03-2012, 01:21 PM

Euroleague doesn't have a point about him. No one was calling Childress a superstar in Euroleague. But if you look at Euroleague's post he says things like Childress was absolute trash, the worse player on Olympiacos, the worse player he has ever seen, etc...We are just agreeing with you and the 99% of sane people that he was a good player and as you say a solid rebounder and defender.

Nick Young
12-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Just another euroscrub who was a superstar in Europe and a useless low percentage shooting clown in the real basketball league.

Partizan
12-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Euroleague doesn't have a point about him. No one was calling Childress a superstar in Euroleague. But if you look at Euroleague's post he says things like Childress was absolute trash, the worse player on Olympiacos, the worse player he has ever seen, etc...We are just agreeing with you and the 99% of sane people that he was a good player and as you say a solid rebounder and defender.

I overreacted when I said he had a point, I meant to say he was on a right track when you disregard his crazy hyperboles...
Only problem with Childress were expectations and huge contract, he was a rotation player with Hawks and Olympiacos expected him to be a superstar in Europe...

bd#1pguard
12-03-2012, 03:08 PM

hey man your partizan should let zvezda win the league just once man, its been too long for them. kako vas nije sram samo pobjedzujete haha

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
So they lost the final game. The one game elimination final. The point is that a team with Childress and Kleiza as two of their three best players and a team with Kirilienko and Krstic as their best players made the Euroleague final and the Kirilenko and Krstic team lost the final by one point on a last second jump shot.

So by your logic the only good team in Euroleague is the champion. If the runner-up is not good that means all other 22 team must be bad as well. So Euroleague is a league with only one good team? lol

And no one ever called Spanoulis a scrub in Euroleague. We all know he is one of the best players in Euroleague. He was a scrub in the NBA.

Yeah, and they all lost to Spanoulis in the playoffs, Childress lost to Spanoulis THREE times in playoffs (Greek League and Euroleague)...............

Strange how they were "studs in Euroleague" despite all losing to the "scrub" in the playoffs.

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 03:15 PM
I never said anything about Childress being better than any of those people. You just spread a lie saying he was trash in Euroleague. I showed the facts that he was all-Euroleague 2nd team and the second leader scorer and rebounder on the Euroleague runner-up and therefore not trash.

You said he was the "second or third best player on Olympiacos" in 2009-10 season. So yes, you DID say he was better than ALL of those players.

STOP LYING.

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 03:16 PM
You still haven't mentioned how the player who you claim is the worst you've ever seen managed to put up good stats on a team that went to the finals. Who cares who they lost to, they went to the finals and he was their 2nd/3rd best player. Why don't you just recant your statement of him being the worst you've seen and admit you were exaggerating that statement?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 03:20 PM

Childress, the "great Euroleague player" and "legit NBA rotation player" lost in the Greek League Finals, a FIVE GAME playoff series, TWO TIMES to the "epic scrub" Spanoulis.

FIVE GAME PLAYOFF SERIES.

Kleiza also lost the series to Spanoulis.

Kleiza was 0-1 in 5 game series against Spanoulis and Childress was 0-2.

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 03:23 PM

You said he was the 2nd or 3rd best player on Olympiacos 2009-10 team. Only a superstar level Euroleague player would ever approach being the second or third player on a roster like that.

You are calling Childress a Euroleague superstar every god damn time the subject comes up idiot.

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Just another euroscrub who was a superstar in Europe and a useless low percentage shooting clown in the real basketball league.

List of "good" NBA players that were huge scrubs in Euroleague:

Gary Neal

Goran Dragic

Ricky Rubio

Ty Lawson

Brandon Jennings

etc.

gabepizza
12-03-2012, 03:42 PM
You said he was the 2nd or 3rd best player on Olympiacos 2009-10 team. Only a superstar level Euroleague player would ever approach being the second or third player on a roster like that.

You are calling Childress a Euroleague superstar every god damn time the subject comes up idiot.

Then if that makes a superstar than he is a superstar. Again for the 5th time here are the stats of Olympiacos.

How can you honestly saying that a player who is 2nd on his team in scoring, tied for 2nd on his team in rebounding, 3rd on his team on assists, tied for 3rd on his team in steals and tied for 1st on his team in blocks is not the 3rd best player? No one with a mind and a brain can deny that.

Partizan
12-03-2012, 03:50 PM
hey man your partizan should let zvezda win the league just once man, its been too long for them. kako vas nije sram samo pobjedzujete haha

@Euroleague
I don't get why are you always overreacting like that... That year Olympiacos had Teodosic, Childress, Kleiza, Bouroussis and Big Sofo. You can rank them however you want, I would say that Kleiza was their best player that season, but you can't just say Childress is one of the worst player you 've ever seen and act like its a fact. He was a an important part of that team, and one thing is sure that without him they wouldn't get to the finals...

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Then if that makes a superstar than he is a superstar. Again for the 5th time here are the stats of Olympiacos.

How can you honestly saying that a player who is 2nd on his team in scoring, tied for 2nd on his team in rebounding, 3rd on his team on assists, tied for 3rd on his team in steals and tied for 1st on his team in blocks is not the 3rd best player? No one with a mind and a brain can deny that.

You are a ****ing imbecile.

You are saying Childress is better than:

Ioannis Bourousis
Panos Vasilopoulos (before injuries)
Patrick Beverly
Yotam Halperin
Nikola Vujcic
Theo Papaloukas
Loukas Mavrokefalidis
Sofoklis Schortsanitis
Milos Teodosic

I won't include Kostas Sloukas and Kostas Papanikolaou (both better than Childress) because they were kids then.

I won't include Scoonie Penn (better than Childress) because he was way over the hill then.

I won't include Von Wafer (better than Childress) because he barely played for the team. But the rest of them........

Ioannis Bourousis
Patrick Beverly
Yotam Halperin
Nikola Vujcic
Theo Papaloukas
Loukas Mavrokefalidis
Sofoklis Schortsanitis
Milos Teodosic

I want it on record right now........are you saying Josh Childress is better than those 9 above players or not? PUT IT ON RECORD NOW. Yes or no?

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 03:55 PM

@Euroleague
I don't get why are you always overreacting like that... That year Olympiacos had Teodosic, Childress, Kleiza, Bouroussis and Big Sofo. You can rank them however you want, I would say that Kleiza was their best player that season, but you can't just say Childress is one of the worst player you 've ever seen and act like its a fact. He was a an important part of that team, and one thing is sure that without him they wouldn't get to the finals...

Teodosic was league MVP that year. You don't even mention someone like Papaloukas, who was still in his prime then. You don't even mention Halperin who is even vastly superior to Childress any freaking day.

You are the one that is overreacting, by posting a complete ****ing bullshit. That you even imply Childress was at least comparable to guys like Kleiza, Sofo, Teodosic, and Bourousis is ****ing ludicrous.

bd#1pguard
12-03-2012, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=Partizan]Thanks :D (ove sezone su opasni ali vidjecemo)

bice vam uska pobjeda al ipak pobjeda ja tako mislim. odakle si iz montenegra? ja sam se zadnjeg mjeseca vratijo u americi iz bara, ozenijo se tamo jer su vase cure vatrenije. svudze proseto budva,kotor, ulcinj i tako dalje. prelijea zemlja al cevapi vam nista nevaljaju, odakle pommes sa cevapima vista ludi :facepalm

rodman91
12-03-2012, 04:03 PM

Check out his stats in europe. He isn't versatile player at all.

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=JZJ

Partizan
12-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Teodosic was league MVP that year. You don't even mention someone like Papaloukas, who was still in his prime then. You don't even mention Halperin who is even vastly superior to Childress any freaking day.
Yes, I hate teodosic... Why do you jump to conclusions? Teodosic was f4 mvp, not league mvp, Alex Maric was regular season MVP. Teodosic airballed the three in semis and if childress didnt get that and dunked it I bet Teodosic wouldn't be no MVP. In my opinion Kleiza was their best player, he was beastin offensively
Papaloukas slipped my mind, but that just goes to show how stacked was that team. Even if he was a sixth best player on that team that still would not make him a worst player you hav ever seen... V-Span is :P
.And how the **** is halperin a better player than childress?

gabepizza
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
List of "good" NBA players that were huge scrubs in Euroleague:

Gary Neal

Goran Dragic

Ricky Rubio

Ty Lawson

Brandon Jennings

etc.

No one can trust you with all your lies. I did some research on those players you called scrubs in Euroleague.

Gary Neal: Played a total of SEVEN games in Euroleague, not a valid sample size. He did full seasons in Eurocup where he was selected all-Eurocup 2nd team.

Goran Dragic: In his one full season (13 games) in Euroleague averaged 9.7 ppg and 3.1 apg. In the NBA he averaged 8 ppg and 3.3 apg. And I know I have to repeat this every single time but NBA stats are inflated because the game is 8 minutes longer so his Euroleague stats are a lot better, especially in the assists where the NBA assist leader has like double the amount of assists as the Euroleague assist leader every year.

Ricky Rubio: I think I've shut you up about him but he was selected as the Euroleague rising star meaning the best (or best potential which I don't really see the difference) of all Euroleague players 22 and under. And again here are the stats of Barca when they won the championship:
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteamstats?clubcode=BAR&seasoncode=E2009
As you can see Rubio led a Euroleague champion in steals and assists and in fact was 6th in the whole of Euroleague in assists the year he was the starting point guard on a Euroleague champion all by the age of 19!

Ty Lawson: Played a total of 7 games in Euroleague not a valid sample size.

Brandon Jennings: He is the closest one. While yes he has done a lot better in the NBA than Euroleague...
1. He played in Euroleague as a 19 year old in which should have been his freshman year in college.
2. He still averaged 7.6 ppg (and remember Euroleague stats mean more so in the NBA it might translate to over 10 ppg) Still I would not call 7.6 ppg a huge scrub. A huge scrub is Spanoulis with his 2.7 ppg in the NBA. Now that is a HUGE scrub!

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Yes, I hate teodosic... Why do you jump to conclusions? Teodosic was f4 mvp, not league mvp, Alex Maric was regular season MVP. Teodosic airballed the three in semis and if childress didnt get that and dunked it I bet Teodosic wouldn't be no MVP. In my opinion Kleiza was their best player, he was beastin offensively
Papaloukas slipped my mind, but that just goes to show how stacked was that team. Even if he was a sixth best player on that team that still would not make him a worst player you hav ever seen... V-Span is :P
.And how the **** is halperin a better player than childress?

You are an NBA only fan. I doubt you have ever seen a Euroleague game. You are just another clown.

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 04:12 PM
No one can trust you with all your lies. I did some research on those players you called scrubs in Euroleague.

Gary Neal: Played a total of SEVEN games in Euroleague, not a valid sample size. He did full seasons in Eurocup where he was selected all-Eurocup 2nd team.

Goran Dragic: In his one full season (13 games) in Euroleague averaged 9.7 ppg and 3.1 apg. In the NBA he averaged 8 ppg and 3.3 apg. And I know I have to repeat this every single time but NBA stats are inflated because the game is 8 minutes longer so his Euroleague stats are a lot better, especially in the assists where the NBA assist leader has like double the amount of assists as the Euroleague assist leader every year.

Ricky Rubio: I think I've shut you up about him but he was selected as the Euroleague rising star meaning the best (or best potential which I don't really see the difference) of all Euroleague players 22 and under. And again here are the stats of Barca when they won the championship:
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteamstats?clubcode=BAR&seasoncode=E2009
As you can see Rubio led a Euroleague champion in steals and assists and in fact was 6th in the whole of Euroleague in assists the year he was the starting point guard on a Euroleague champion all by the age of 19!

Ty Lawson: Played a total of 7 games in Euroleague not a valid sample size.

Brandon Jennings: He is the closest one. While yes he has done a lot better in the NBA than Euroleague...
1. He played in Euroleague as a 19 year old in which should have been his freshman year in college.
2. He still averaged 7.6 ppg (and remember Euroleague stats mean more so in the NBA it might translate to over 10 ppg) Still I would not call 7.6 ppg a huge scrub. A huge scrub is Spanoulis with his 2.7 ppg in the NBA. Now that is a HUGE scrub!

:roll: :lol :oldlol:

What a sad troll you are.

rodman91
12-03-2012, 04:13 PM
This turned out another european vs american thread.:facepalm

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 04:16 PM

Probably because you started trolling. Implying very clearly that Teletovic could only play in the Euroleague, and not the NBA. Which makes you a troll.

gabepizza
12-03-2012, 04:18 PM
You are a ****ing imbecile.

You are saying Childress is better than:

Ioannis Bourousis
Patrick Beverly
Yotam Halperin
Nikola Vujcic
Theo Papaloukas
Loukas Mavrokefalidis
Sofoklis Schortsanitis
Milos Teodosic

I won't include Kostas Sloukas and Kostas Papanikolaou (both better than Childress) because they were kids then.

I won't include Scoonie Penn (better than Childress) because he was way over the hill then.

I won't include Von Wafer (better than Childress) because he barely played for the team. But the rest of them........

Ioannis Bourousis
Patrick Beverly
Yotam Halperin
Nikola Vujcic
Theo Papaloukas
Loukas Mavrokefalidis
Sofoklis Schortsanitis
Milos Teodosic

I want it on record right now........are you saying Josh Childress is better than those 9 above players or not? PUT IT ON RECORD NOW. Yes or no?

Yes I will. That year they made the finals he was better than all those players except Teodosic. Stats don't lie. Here they are again. Boom

He scored more than they did. He rebounded more than he did. He was on the court more than they were. He led the team in mpg in the final 4. He was in 2nd after Teodosic in mpg for the playoffs. Anybody who looks at those stats I just posted and can't admit that Childress was the 3rd best player is obviously just lying or really stupid.

gabepizza
12-03-2012, 04:20 PM
:roll: :lol :oldlol:

What a sad troll you are.

Good response when I called out all your bs with facts. But keep digging.

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes I will. That year they made the finals he was better than all those players except Teodosic. Stats don't lie. Here they are again. Boom

He scored more than they did. He rebounded more than he did. He was on the court more than they were. He led the team in mpg in the final 4. He was in 2nd after Teodosic in mpg for the playoffs. Anybody who looks at those stats I just posted and can't admit that Childress was the 3rd best player is obviously just lying or really stupid.

On record, Gabe said that Josh Childress is better than,

Ioannis Bourousis
Patrick Beverly
Yotam Halperin
Nikola Vujcic
Theo Papaloukas
Loukas Mavrokefalidis
Sofoklis Schortsanitis

Biggest ****ing idiot ever in this forum.

Partizan
12-03-2012, 04:23 PM
[QUOTE=Partizan]Thanks :D (ove sezone su opasni ali vidjecemo)

bice vam uska pobjeda al ipak pobjeda ja tako mislim. odakle si iz montenegra? ja sam se zadnjeg mjeseca vratijo u americi iz bara, ozenijo se tamo jer su vase cure vatrenije. svudze proseto budva,kotor, ulcinj i tako dalje. prelijea zemlja al cevapi vam nista nevaljaju, odakle pommes sa cevapima vista ludi :facepalm
Podgorica :)

Euroleague, if Childress didn't get that "rebound", Olympiacos wouldn't play in the finals. True or not?
I apologise for teodosic MVP remark, i didn't factchecked.

bd#1pguard
12-03-2012, 04:23 PM

doesnt every thread this idiot participates in

Grinder
12-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Lots of posters from the Balkans on ISH :applause:

Several posters from Croatia, Serbia, Macedonia, Bosnia, and a few from Slovenia and now someone from Montenegro. Great to see.

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=bd#1pguard]
Podgorica :)

Euroleague, if Childress didn't get that "rebound", Olympiacos wouldn't play in the finals. True or not?
I apologise for teodosic MVP remark, i didn't factchecked.

Read this and tell me I am wrong.

Childress is a good role player for playing team defense (not man to man though) and getting rebounds. He's athletic, a good finisher, good in open court fast break and at lobs.

Childress is a good ball handler.

Then....

He can't score on his own, can't play in half court, can't create his own shot, or for others, can't play against a set defense, can't shoot, can't hit wide open shots most of the time.

He spent the whole 2 years at Olympiacos being unguarded and left wide open by the opposing defense.

He is an offensive liability in the half court. All of his points came from put backs on rebounds, lob dunks, wide open shots, or on fast breaks.

You telling me that you dispute this?

gabepizza
12-03-2012, 04:32 PM
You are an NBA only fan. I doubt you have ever seen a Euroleague game. You are just another clown.

Claiming that someone from Montenegro whose name is Partizan is an NBA only fan and has never seen a Euroleague game just because they reply with facts and legitimate questions to dispute your trolling? Classy. really classy.

gabepizza
12-03-2012, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=Partizan]

Childress is a good role player for playing team defense (not man to man though) and getting rebounds. He's athletic, a good finisher, good in open court fast break and at lobs.

Then....

He can't score on his own, can't play in half court, can't create his own shot, or for others, can't play against a set defense, can't shoot, can't hit wide open shots most of the time.

He spent the whole 2 years at Olympiacos being unguarded and left wide open by the opposing defense.

He is an offensive liability in the half court. All of his points came from put backs on rebounds, lob dunks, wide open shots, or on fast breaks.

But does that make him trash. Obviously the things he was good at he was very good at. As Partizan said, one of those put backs on rebounds sent his team to the final. He was 2nd on the team in scoring and rebounds and minutes and with him being the player he was they made it to the final. Just because he can't shoot does not make him a bad player. The stats show he was a major contributor to a team that made the finals. Euroleague selected him for all-Euroleague 2nd team. He averaged 15.2 ppg when he made it to the championship game.

He was not trash. Do you dispute this?

Partizan
12-03-2012, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=Partizan]

Then....

See, you can also argue reasonably when you want to...
Your opinions aren't wrong, but you still try to make it sound like he was worse than he really was. He was good defender, rebounder, played with energy and hustle, good transition player. And you are right about his flaws but you are just repeating that he struggled to create his own shot in set defense, that was his problem. He wouldnt be good first option on any Euroleague team, but he was useful for that team, they had enough of offense they needed a player like him.

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Claiming that someone from Montenegro whose name is Partizan is an NBA only fan and has never seen a Euroleague game just because they reply with facts and legitimate questions to dispute your trolling? Classy. really classy.

He claimed Olympiacos was Euroleague champs in 2010. So that does not sound like someone that knows much of anything about Euroleague.

Then he claimed Childress was better than Halperin, as good as Teodosic, Kleiza, Bourousis...........sorry but that sure the **** does not sound like anyone that watches Euroleague.

It sounds like pure trolling bullshit, just like the filth you post.

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=Euroleague]

But does that make him trash. Obviously the things he was good at he was very good at. As Partizan said, one of those put backs on rebounds sent his team to the final. He was 2nd on the team in scoring and rebounds and minutes and with him being the player he was they made it to the final. Just because he can't shoot does not make him a bad player. The stats show he was a major contributor to a team that made the finals. Euroleague selected him for all-Euroleague 2nd team. He averaged 15.2 ppg when he made it to the championship game.

He was not trash. Do you dispute this?

You are a ****ing idiot.

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=Euroleague]

See, you can also argue reasonably when you want to...
Your opinions aren't wrong, but you still try to make it sound like he was worse than he really was. He was good defender, rebounder, played with energy and hustle, good transition player. And you are right about his flaws but you are just repeating that he struggled to create his own shot in set defense, that was his problem. He wouldnt be good first option on any Euroleague team, but he was useful for that team, they had enough of offense they needed a player like him.

He was trash. He got absolutely dominated two years in a row by Perperoglou in the Greek Finals. The second year, the one you and Gabe are talking about, he actually cried during one of the games over the abuse Perperoglou was giving him.

The same Perperoglou that Gabe has said could never in a million years play at the NBA level. But yet here is claiming Childress was a "legit" NBA player.

Childress did nothing but make Olympiacos worse. He was much worse of a SF for them than Vasilopoulos and Pelekanos were. The only reason he played so much was because his contract had a minimum amount of playing time written in it. Otherwise, he would have been glued to the bench.

Fiba basketball
12-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Za koga ti navijas ?

Grinder
12-03-2012, 05:08 PM
As if there was any doubt before, Euroleague's officially gone off the deep end. :roll:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2wgsz85.png

Partizan
12-03-2012, 05:13 PM
He claimed Olympiacos was Euroleague champs in 2010. So that does not sound like someone that knows much of anything about Euroleague.

Then he claimed Childress was better than Halperin, as good as Teodosic, Kleiza, Bourousis...........sorry but that sure the **** does not sound like anyone that watches Euroleague.

It sounds like pure trolling bullshit, just like the filth you post.

I never said Olympiacos won EL 2010 and you can't seriously believe that I dont know who won the F4 in which Partizan played.

Childress wasn't trash, trash are players who struggle to score at all, are a liability on the floor, prone to turnovers and mistakes...
I dont want to argue with you any more, even you don't believe the things you post.

Fiba basketball
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Yes, I'm from Montenegro, well we have a great frontcourt and there are also talks that maybe Mirotic will also play for us due to Ibaka taking his spot in Spanish team. Problem is that our only hope on the outside is that Ivanovic pans out, we are forced to give passports to American players to play in the backcourt for us and I don't really support that in a national team...
If Pekovic plays I hope for a good result in Eurobasket this summer...
Would you be happy if Mirotic started to play for Montenegro ? To me it looks like he doesn't care for what NT he plays and thats why I don't like him , when he was offered to play for Spain NT he accepted but since Ibaka is there now he wants to play for Montenegro well I would tell him to **** off if I was NT coach .

Partizan
12-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Would you be happy if Mirotic started to play for Montenegro ? To me it looks like he doesn't care for what NT he plays and thats why I don't like him , when he was offered to play for Spain NT he accepted but since Ibaka is there now he wants to play for Montenegro well I would tell him to **** off if I was NT coach .

Pekovic also doesn't care for NT and I love that he plays... I won't get into politics this isn't place for that, but if only people who care for Montenegro national team played it would be extremely hard to fill out the roster...

Edit: About Mirotic, from what I know he was pressured by his coach from his first basketball team in Montenegro, not to play for Montenegro NT.

rodman91
12-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Probably because you started trolling. Implying very clearly that Teletovic could only play in the Euroleague, and not the NBA. Which makes you a troll.

What the hell are you talking about? It wasn't even about Euroleague,european players or americans in europe. It's about Teletovic.

I don't give a damn about V-Span or Childress. This guy supposed to be a major threat.Many Nets fans were expecting him to be 6th man for the team. Some were expecting him to start over Hump.Organization already agreed to give him 9 million dollars and it could be even 15 millions.

If people say he is the best player in europe and he looks like an amateur on court. That's a big deal. He doesn't give any signs of great potential as well.

Partizan
12-03-2012, 05:47 PM
What the hell are you talking about? It wasn't even about Euroleague,european players or americans in europe. It's about Teletovic.

I don't give a damn about V-Span or Childress. This guy supposed to be a major threat.Many Nets fans were expecting him to be 6th man for the team. Some were expecting him to start over Hump.Organization already agreed to give him 9 million dollars and it could be even 15 millions.

If people says he is the best player in europe and he looks like an amateur on court. That's a big deal. He doesn't give any signs of great potential as well.
I will repeat what I said about Teletovic. He is a player that needs great freedom in his game, I don't think he can ever become Steve Novak type of player, best case scenario he could be a sixth man leading the bench.
He was great in Europe (he wasn't best player ever...) because he could do whatever he wanted on court... Shooting threes from wherever he wants, no coach in NBA would allow him that, not because he can't hit it, but because that there are betters players than him that could use that freedom more...

ChuckOakley
12-03-2012, 06:09 PM

He is the one that said he was working out and lifting more than usual. I'm not saying he should. if anything he needs to slim down.

ChuckOakley
12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
There is not a chance in hell that Teletovic can play at SF. None.
Which is too bad. Offensively he's more a SF and defensively he cannot defend or rebound against NAB big men. At least at SF his defense could be saved by the PF or C behind him.

ChuckOakley
12-03-2012, 06:12 PM
An interesting article about him...

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/11/29/3706670/mirza-teletovic-tells-stefan-bondy-hell-be-ready-and-little-else

[QUOTE]Stefan Bondy got a couple of minutes with Mirza Teletovic Wednesday and talked briefly to him about his inactive status (four straight games if he doesn't play Friday)

Here's Bondy's note on Sulia...

"This is my first year in the NBA so I need the time to adjust to some stuff, and Avery has given me time," he said.

But don't you need time on the court? "Not really, you just have to be with the team and see what they do and pick it up."

What has been the biggest adjustment? "I can

ChuckOakley
12-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Speaking of Europe.. ton of former Nets tearing it up in Europe right now...

Farmar
Shelden Williams
Nochbar
Planinic
Vujacic
Krstic

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 06:31 PM
I never said Olympiacos won EL 2010 and you can't seriously believe that I dont know who won the F4 in which Partizan played.

Childress wasn't trash, trash are players who struggle to score at all, are a liability on the floor, prone to turnovers and mistakes...
I dont want to argue with you any more, even you don't believe the things you post.

You said Teodosic was final four MVP, which meant you claimed Olympiacos won the title that year.

Childress was trash.

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 06:32 PM

If people say he is the best player in europe and he looks like an amateur on court. That's a big deal. He doesn't give any signs of great potential as well.

Stop trolling.

Euroleague
12-03-2012, 06:33 PM
He is the one that said he was working out and lifting more than usual. I'm not saying he should. if anything he needs to slim down.

Well he was stupid then. I already thought he was too big even last year.

Which is too bad. Offensively he's more a SF and defensively he cannot defend or rebound against NAB big men. At least at SF his defense could be saved by the PF or C behind him.

No. Offensively he is a spread the floor power forward, not a small forward. He never guarded anyone in Europe.

It sounds like Nets fans have a complete lack of knowledge on what kind of player they signed.

Farmar
Shelden Williams
Nochbar
Planinic
Vujacic

Not one of those players is as good as Teletovic.

BlueCrayon
12-03-2012, 07:01 PM
You are a douche bag.

How so?

Nick Young
12-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Man, the top scorer in Europe from last year getting 4 DNPs in a row on a mediocre NBA team:roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague fails hard once again.

Nick Young
12-03-2012, 07:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4IdpCl4Ypw

Look, he's basically like Lebron mixed with Dirk Nowitski in Euroleague. In NBA he is just a chucking low percentage unathletic scrub.

bd#1pguard
12-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Za koga ti navijas ?

za nikoga vala, moj tim je dortmund sto se tice fudbalu jer sam u njemackoj zivijo sedam godina

ChuckOakley
12-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Well he was stupid then. I already thought he was too big even last year.

No. Offensively he is a spread the floor power forward, not a small forward. He never guarded anyone in Europe.

It sounds like Nets fans have a complete lack of knowledge on what kind of player they signed.

Not one of those players is as good as Teletovic.
Where did I say they were as good? I said they were doing very very well in Europe thoughthey were terrible NBA players. On the other end teletovic is an excellent euro doing g terribly in the NBA. Reminding us that the NBA and euro league are very different and dont always translate well.

And no offensively he plays like a small forward thus you add the caveat stretch to his power forward label because there is no power to his game. He can shoot off screens or off the dribble. He's got modest ability to slash and post up as well.

gabepizza
12-04-2012, 01:20 AM
You said Teodosic was final four MVP, which meant you claimed Olympiacos won the title that year.

Childress was trash.

Again every time you call him trash I am going to remind you that he was selected all-Euroleague 2nd team and show the stats of the Olympiacos team that made the final Euroleague game and had Childress as their 2nd leading scorer, 2nd leading rebounder and 3rd in assists. And now I'm also going to mention how he got the rebound and put back that sent them into the Euroleague final.

Your trolling has to end.

Euroleague
12-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Man, the top scorer in Europe from last year getting 4 DNPs in a row on a mediocre NBA team:roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague fails hard once again.

Bo McCalebb does not play in the NBA you ****ing idiot.

Euroleague
12-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Where did I say they were as good? I said they were doing very very well in Europe thoughthey were terrible NBA players. On the other end teletovic is an excellent euro doing g terribly in the NBA. Reminding us that the NBA and euro league are very different and dont always translate well.

And no offensively he plays like a small forward thus you add the caveat stretch to his power forward label because there is no power to his game. He can shoot off screens or off the dribble. He's got modest ability to slash and post up as well.

You are a ****ing moron.

Euroleague
12-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Again every time you call him trash I am going to remind you that he was selected all-Euroleague 2nd team and show the stats of the Olympiacos team that made the final Euroleague game and had Childress as their 2nd leading scorer, 2nd leading rebounder and 3rd in assists. And now I'm also going to mention how he got the rebound and put back that sent them into the Euroleague final.

Your trolling has to end.

You are a damn clown.

LamarOdom
12-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Bo McCalebb does not play in the NBA you ****ing idiot.
'
Is that they guy that went undrafted in 08'?

ChuckOakley
12-04-2012, 12:36 PM
You are a ****ing moron.
I take that as a compliment from you.

But, I'll humor you, what exactly is moronic that I said?

Also, tonight will be an interesting test. Nets are down Lopez and Evans leaving Hump, Blatche and Teletovic as our only big men. He should get plenty of burn tonight.

BTW.. thank you for making me hate my own players.

Fiba basketball
12-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Pekovic also doesn't care for NT and I love that he plays... I won't get into politics this isn't place for that, but if only people who care for Montenegro national team played it would be extremely hard to fill out the roster...

Edit: About Mirotic, from what I know he was pressured by his coach from his first basketball team in Montenegro, not to play for Montenegro NT.
That's why Pekovic shouldn't play too . When he played in EC 2011 Montenegro was worse than in 2012 qualification because in 2012 they had great chemistry and motivation and you can't have that with players that don't want to play .

LJJ
12-04-2012, 02:12 PM

Shelden Williams

Shelden Williams :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
12-04-2012, 02:37 PM
I take that as a compliment from you.

But, I'll humor you, what exactly is moronic that I said?

Also, tonight will be an interesting test. Nets are down Lopez and Evans leaving Hump, Blatche and Teletovic as our only big men. He should get plenty of burn tonight.

BTW.. thank you for making me hate my own players.

"tearing up Europe right now"

Then you listed some guys that are not even that good in Europe. That makes you a dumb ass.

niko
12-04-2012, 02:42 PM

Then you listed some guys that are not even that good in Europe. That makes you a dumb ass.
If a dumbass calls you a dumbass, does that make you a genius, or a double dumbass?

ChuckOakley
12-04-2012, 03:08 PM

I found all their stats among the leader boards in Europe. I don't follow their play, so I can't tell if the stats are empty or not.

Euroleague
12-04-2012, 03:26 PM
I found all their stats among the leader boards in Europe. I don't follow their play, so I can't tell if the stats are empty or not.

Farmar
Shelden Williams
Nachbar
Planinic
Vujacic
Krstic

"Tearing up Europe" does not apply to any of those players. The ones in bold are not even really that good in Euroleague.

Planinic has been good last year (in Eurocup, not Euroleague) and this year in Euroleague, but before that, he was bad in all the years since he left the NBA.

Farmar and Krstic are good Euroleague players. However, Farmar can't guard anyone and he can only play in fast break basketball. He is absolutely terrible in half court.

Krstic is a very good Euroleague player, but at the same time he is always being used in pick and roll and pick and pop with an elite passing guard. When he was used the same way in the NBA, he was BETTER in the NBA than he now is in Euroleague.

Vujacic is an inconsistent chucking fool in Euroleague. He is nowhere near being one of the best players there.

Nachbar puts up nothing meaningful stats on a crap team. He can barely even get playing time on any good team, and was sucking for years, that's when he could even get a team to sign him.

Shelden Williams plays on a total POS team (easily one of the worst in Euroleague) and he's probably about the second or third best player on that team.

"Tearing up Euroleague" is exaggeration for all of those players, even Krstic, which is the best of those guys. Bottom line, Teletovic was easily a better Euroleague player than guys like Farmar, Williams, Vujacic, Nachbar, Planinic.

I mean EASILY better. Not even ****ing close.

You would have a discussion and debate with him and Krstic. But I think Teletovic was a bit better than Krstic.

Nick Young
12-04-2012, 04:35 PM

Sonny Weems.

Curtis "C-Jelly" Jerrels

"Michael" Jordan Farmar

All shitting on Europe and winning weekly MVP awards
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Euroleague
12-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Sonny Weems.

Curtis "C-Jelly" Jerrels

"Michael" Jordan Farmar

All shitting on Europe and winning weekly MVP awards
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Your trolling schtick really needs a makeover.

Nick Young
12-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Your trolling schtick really needs a makeover.
Rubio-2 time Euroleague Champion as a starter.

Spanoulis: 3.4 ppg in the NBA

FACT

Kiddlovesnets
12-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Looks to me that Euroleavue aint satisfied with even 6 red bars, he wants more.
:lol

LJJ
12-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Just imagine if the guy who took all of Spanoulis' minutes in the NBA -NBA journeyman Rafer Alston- played in the Euroleague during his prime.

We'd have hours of tapes with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z_F9Zzyi6U

Nick Young
12-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Just imagine if the guy who took all of Spanoulis' minutes in the NBA -NBA journeyman Rafer Alston- played in the Euroleague during his prime.

We'd have hours of tapes with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z_F9Zzyi6U
Imagine if prime Luther Head was in Euroleague, that was the other guy who badly outplayed Spanoulis.

Euroleague
12-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Rubio-2 time Euroleague Champion as a starter.

Spanoulis: 3.4 ppg in the NBA

FACT

STOP LYING

atljonesbro
12-04-2012, 05:23 PM
STOP LYING
ahahahhahahahahahhahahahh holllllllly sh1t he's mad as F*CK!

Euroleague
Imagine if prime Luther Head was in Euroleague, that was the other guy who badly outplayed Spanoulis.

Luther Head signed with Maccabi Haifa of the Israeli League (NOT a Euroleague club). He failed his training camp tryout and got cut.

Once again, you need to pick up your trolling game.

Euroleague
ahahahhahahahahahhahahahh holllllllly sh1t he's mad as F*CK

Ricky Rubio did not win 2 Euroleague championships.

gabepizza
12-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Ricky Rubio did not win 2 Euroleague championships.

Yes he only won one Euroleague championship as a starter.

And now with the lies about Krstic. Yes he was better in the NBA than in Europe. Did he ever make all NBA-first team? No? He never even made an NBA all-star game much less even all NBA-Third team? That's funny because just last year he was selected to all Euroleague first team.

Was he ever a starter on a team in the NBA finals? No he was never even a starter on an NBA team that made the conference finals. Funny because just last year he was the starter for a team that was in the Euroleague final.

His best year in the NBA he averaged 16.4 and 6.8 (which by the way he got injured that year and only played 26 games in an NBA season where he played at least 40 games his best stats were 13.5 and 6.4) while last year in Euroleague he averaged 14.2 and 5.5. But you might say his NBA numbers are better right? BUT WAIT. Remember we all know that NBA stats are inflated compared to Euroleague stats being NBA games are 8 minutes longer and other reasons. So to put it in a more comparative light...in his best year in the NBA he was 45th in scoring and 31st in rebounding while last year in Euroleague he was 6th in scoring and 11th in rebounding.

So to summarize, in Krstic's best year in the NBA he was 45th in scoring and 31st in rebounding while last year in Euroleague he was 6th in scoring, 11th in rebounding and selected to the All-Euroleague 1st team.

Yet he had better years in the NBA than he has in Euroleague.

More lies exposed troll. You welcome.

Euroleague
12-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Yes he only won one Euroleague championship as a starter.

And now with the lies about Krstic. Yes he was better in the NBA than in Europe. Did he ever make all NBA-first team? No? He never even made an NBA all-star game much less even all NBA-Third team? That's funny because just last year he was selected to all Euroleague first team.

Was he ever a starter on a team in the NBA finals? No he was never even a starter on an NBA team that made the conference finals. Funny because just last year he was the starter for a team that was in the Euroleague final.

His best year in the NBA he averaged 16.4 and 6.8 (which by the way he got injured that year and only played 26 games in an NBA season where he played at least 40 games his best stats were 13.5 and 6.4) while last year in Euroleague he averaged 14.2 and 5.5. But you might say his NBA numbers are better right? BUT WAIT. Remember we all know that NBA stats are inflated compared to Euroleague stats being NBA games are 8 minutes longer and other reasons. So to put it in a more comparative light...in his best year in the NBA he was 45th in scoring and 31st in rebounding while last year in Euroleague he was 6th in scoring and 11th in rebounding.

So to summarize, in Krstic's best year in the NBA he was 45th in scoring and 31st in rebounding while last year in Euroleague he was 6th in scoring, 11th in rebounding and selected to the All-Euroleague 1st team.

Yet he had better years in the NBA than he has in Euroleague.

More lies exposed troll. You welcome.

Every time you post, you LIE.

gabepizza
12-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Every time you post, you LIE.

Nothing I post is a lie. Call me on a specific thing you say is a lie and I will post a link proving it as fact.

bd#1pguard
12-05-2012, 04:01 AM
11 minutes, 8 points on 50% shooting. Only 6 shots taken, no chucking there.

solid first real game from teletovic

rodman91
12-05-2012, 04:20 AM
11 minutes, 8 points on 50% shooting. Only 6 shots taken, no chucking there.

solid first real game from teletovic

I hope i caused some sort of konex curse for him.:lol

Euroleague
12-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Nothing I post is a lie. Call me on a specific thing you say is a lie and I will post a link proving it as fact.

Every single time you say Rubio and Childress were good Euroleague players, you tell a ****ING LIE.

You post a million links that never prove a damn thing to dispute the fact that players that sucked in Euroleague were somehow "good" in your psycho mind.

bd#1pguard
12-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Every single time you say Rubio and Childress were good Euroleague players, you tell a ****ING LIE.

You post a million links that never prove a damn thing to dispute the fact that players that sucked in Euroleague were somehow "good" in your psycho mind.

everythings gonna be ok man, just relax.

gabepizza
12-05-2012, 12:30 PM

Rubio = Selected as Euroleague' Rising Star. Here are the stats of the Barca team when they won the Euroleague championship and he was the starting PG.
As you could see from the link Rubio led a Euroleague champion in assists and steals

Childress = Selected to All-Euroleague 2nd team. Here are the stats of the Olympiacos team when they made the Euroleague championship. He was the starter and played the most minutes on the team.
As you can see from the link Childress was 2nd on a Euroleague runner-up in points and rebounds.

Thank you

Euroleague
12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Rubio = Selected as Euroleague' Rising Star. Here are the stats of the Barca team when they won the Euroleague championship and he was the starting PG.
As you could see from the link Rubio led a Euroleague champion in assists and steals

Childress = Selected to All-Euroleague 2nd team. Here are the stats of the Olympiacos team when they made the Euroleague championship. He was the starter and played the most minutes on the team.
As you can see from the link Childress was 2nd on a Euroleague runner-up in points and rebounds.

Thank you

You post a bunch of nonsense that has nothing to do with the fact that they both SUCKED in Euroleague, because YOU ARE A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

Thank you.

niko
12-05-2012, 01:25 PM
If Rubio sucked in Euroleague how did he win three straight MVP's there?

gabepizza
12-05-2012, 01:32 PM
You post a bunch of nonsense that has nothing to do with the fact that they both SUCKED in Euroleague, because YOU ARE A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

Thank you.

I post facts showing how they were selected for official Euroleague awards that acknowledged their excellence in Euroleague and how their were major contributors to a Euroleague champions or a Euroleague runner-up.

UK-NJ
12-05-2012, 01:46 PM
I think it was actually 4 + a couple scoring titles. :bowdown:

On a more serious note: Mirza... I think there's potential for him to be a solid contributor for us. People are very quick to write him off, but I see some good signs in there too. He's clearly adjusting to the more open style of play in the NBA & as such his defense has been made to look a lot worse than it actually is. He's making a lot of the wrong rotations & is generally looking like a liability on that end of the floor. With that said, I think that he can become at least passable on D once he figures out where he needs to be & what's expected of him.

My main concern so far is that he put on WAY too much weight during the off season. Whoever told him that he needed to bulk up for the NBA need shooting. Not only is he lumbering slowly around the court, but virtually all of his shots are coming up short because of it. Again, this is something that I think can be rectified with time.

I expect him to be able to fill in as a stretch option off the bench when we need to spread the floor. He showed signs of utilising his pull up J in the OKC game & I really do hope he continues to showcase that element of his skill set. He's got too much talent on offense to be used solely as a spot up 3PT shooter off the bench.

Just gotta hope he cuts that weight sooner rather than later.

gabepizza
12-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Let's ignore for a second the fact that Rubio was a major contributor on a Euroleague champion and Childress a major contributor on a Euroleague runner-up. I just want you to explain if they were so much trash why Euroleague awarded them with yearly awards.

I mean you just bragged how Spanoulis was given an award for monthly MVP yet Childress and Rubio were given yearly awards yet you deny that and call them trash.

Rubio was awarded the Euroleague Rising Star. Which means official Euroleague selected Rubio as the best player in the league aged 22 and under. And this was when he was 19 and the starting pg for the Euroleague champs.

Childress was awarded All-Euroleague second team selection. Which means official Euroleague selected childress as the 3rd or 4th best player for his position. And this was when he was leading a Euroleague runner-up in minutes.

gabepizza
12-05-2012, 01:53 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/final-four/paris-2010/main-page/i/71489/4218/all-euroleague-team-2009-10

Here's a nice link for ya'll. This is from Euroleague website. As I am quoting from the Euroleague website.

"The best players of the 2009-10 Euroleague Basketball season were honored on Saturday night at the annual Euroleague Basketball Awards Ceremony held at the historic Paris city hall, H

Euroleague
12-05-2012, 02:18 PM

If Spanoulis sucked in NBA how did he win 5 MVPs there?

Euroleague
12-05-2012, 02:19 PM
I post facts showing how they were selected for official Euroleague awards that acknowledged their excellence in Euroleague and how their were major contributors to a Euroleague champions or a Euroleague runner-up.

PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

Euroleague
12-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Let's ignore for a second the fact that Rubio was a major contributor on a Euroleague champion and Childress a major contributor on a Euroleague runner-up. I just want you to explain if they were so much trash why Euroleague awarded them with yearly awards.

I mean you just bragged how Spanoulis was given an award for monthly MVP yet Childress and Rubio were given yearly awards yet you deny that and call them trash.

Rubio was awarded the Euroleague Rising Star. Which means official Euroleague selected Rubio as the best player in the league aged 22 and under. And this was when he was 19 and the starting pg for the Euroleague champs.

Childress was awarded All-Euroleague second team selection. Which means official Euroleague selected childress as the 3rd or 4th best player for his position. And this was when he was leading a Euroleague runner-up in minutes.

PATHOLOGICAL LIAR

gabepizza
12-05-2012, 02:30 PM
PATHOLOGICAL LIAR

http://www.euroleague.net/final-four/paris-2010/main-page/i/71489/4218/all-euroleague-team-2009-10

Here is a link to the official Euroleague website. I am not saying anything. Read the official Euroleague website.

I guess you are calling the official Euroleague website a pathological liar.

I guess that's your last ditch response. When faced with facts and links to prove the facts all you can respond with is PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

So in other words a response of pathological liar from you mean really that I am right because you have no way else to respond.

Thank you. From now on if you ever claim that Rubio or Childress were trash in Euroleague I will just respond with this link from the Euroleague website.

So you will now have to start calling Euroleague a pathological liar. That will be funny though. Euroleague calling Euroleague a pathological liar.

Euroleague
12-05-2012, 03:27 PM

Here is a link to the official Euroleague website. I am not saying anything. Read the official Euroleague website.

I guess you are calling the official Euroleague website a pathological liar.

I guess that's your last ditch response. When faced with facts and links to prove the facts all you can respond with is PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.

So in other words a response of pathological liar from you mean really that I am right because you have no way else to respond.

Thank you. From now on if you ever claim that Rubio or Childress were trash in Euroleague I will just respond with this link from the Euroleague website.

So you will now have to start calling Euroleague a pathological liar. That will be funny though. Euroleague calling Euroleague a pathological liar.

get a life

Luka27
12-05-2012, 04:35 PM
get a life
:biggums: :facepalm

I wonder what you are a troll or an idiot, cause there is no other way...

Euroleague
12-06-2012, 06:52 AM
:biggums: :facepalm

I wonder what you are a troll or an idiot, cause there is no other way...

**** you.

CeltsGarlic
12-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Lol @ this thread.
Ok I will tell the truth to end this once and for all.
Rubio was an average player in euroleague and one of the worst starters @ pg position. Teletovic is either a beast or a trash, he cant be a sixth man cause he needs shot attempts, and he wont get it, cause there are other capable scorers on his team. There is no in the middle for him.

GG

Euroleague
12-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Lol @ this thread.
Ok I will tell the truth to end this once and for all.
Rubio was an average player in euroleague and one of the worst starters @ pg position. Teletovic is either a beast or a trash, he cant be a sixth man cause he needs shot attempts, and he wont get it, cause there are other capable scorers on his team. There is no in the middle for him.

GG

Truth.

THANK YOU.

All these god damn trolls are ****ing ridiculous.

gabepizza
12-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Truth.

THANK YOU.

All these god damn trolls are ****ing ridiculous.

Average is different than trash so I take it he agrees with me. I never said Rubio was one of the top Euroleague players (although for his age group he was) I'm just saying he was not trash and again AVERAGE does not equal trash.

so truth

THANK YOU

Euroleague
12-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Average is different than trash so I take it he agrees with me. I never said Rubio was one of the top Euroleague players (although for his age group he was) I'm just saying he was not trash and again AVERAGE does not equal trash.

so truth

THANK YOU

I never said he was trash on defense. I have said over and over he was good at defense. I have said he was good at ball handling and passing.

I say he was TRASH AT SCORING AND SHOOTING and every damn time I say that, you start disputing that by TROLLING, and posting a bunch of meaningless awards and unrelated stats and other total BULLSHIT. You start arguing endlessly that was not true and that I am lying.

Piss off.

gabepizza
12-06-2012, 01:28 PM
I never said he was trash on defense. I have said over and over he was good at defense. I have said he was good at ball handling and passing.

I say he was TRASH AT SCORING AND SHOOTING and every damn time I say that, you start disputing that by TROLLING, and posting a bunch of meaningless awards and unrelated stats and other total BULLSHIT. You start arguing endlessly that was not true and that I am lying.

Piss off.

No you have consistently said that he was trash period. You hardly ever prefaces Rubio with being trash on offense but good on defense. I was never one to say he was good at scoring and shooting. I agree he was a bad shooter and scorer but good at defense ball handling and passing, therefore an average Euroleague player, not trash.

Nick Young
12-06-2012, 01:40 PM
One chucking scrub to rule them all.

He's worse than Yi

bd#1pguard
12-06-2012, 02:11 PM
One chucking scrub to rule them all.

He's worse than Yi

youre the american version of euroleague

Euroleague
12-06-2012, 03:15 PM
No you have consistently said that he was trash period. You hardly ever prefaces Rubio with being trash on offense but good on defense. I was never one to say he was good at scoring and shooting. I agree he was a bad shooter and scorer but good at defense ball handling and passing, therefore an average Euroleague player, not trash.

You are a ****ing nut.

rodman91
01-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Bump. After AJ is gone (and within time probably) Teletovic seems very confident,calm. He is having great game tonight in limited time. Good news for Nets fans.

I knew Avery Johnson sucks and saying he must gone but even i couldn't think he had such bad effect on players. Almost every player improved after they dumped him.

Go Mirza. :applause:

Euroleague
01-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Bump. After AJ is gone (and within time probably) Teletovic seems very confident,calm. He is having great game tonight in limited time. Good news for Nets fans.

I knew Avery Johnson sucks and saying he must gone but even i couldn't think he had such bad effect on players. Almost every player improved after they dumped him.

Go Mirza. :applause:

Johnson is racist, just like most NBA coaches are.

bd#1pguard
01-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Johnson is racist, just like most NBA coaches are.

i agree, black coaches are racist against white/euro players. thats about as far as I would take it.

Mirza had a good game last night, 6 points on a handful of minutes. same tonight 9 points on 9 minutes plus a block an assist and a couple rebounds. and its not even half time

Bosnian Sajo
01-06-2013, 12:12 AM
WHERE DEM HATERS AT?

14 points, 6 rebounds (5 off), 2 assists, 2 blocks

MTV FOR MVP :bowdown:

AirTupac
01-06-2013, 12:33 AM
I've said it since the beginning, a good coach will know how to utilize Mirza.

GreatGreg
01-06-2013, 12:49 AM
**** you.
You are a complete fool, every time you are presented with facts that refute your idiotic claims you respond with one word insulting them when they are clearly right. If you ever wanted to be taken seriously you should have never trolled.

It's A VC3!!!
01-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Teletovic and Brooks making PJ look like a genius. Tele can stretch the floor and he's the best shooter on the team. Brooks has always had talent and we've known that but Avery refused to let him play. I'm very worried when Hump comes back. Hump's productivity is great too. he gets you 7/7 off the bench but I want to see Mirza getting 20 minutes a game consistently. Fans nor coaches should expect him to get 14 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocks every game but he can be consistent if his minutes are. And Mirza is not awful on defense. He is a very solid one on one defender but slightly struggles on team defense. His P&R defense is good as well. He hedges hard just like Reggie. I like what I'm seeing.

Clutch
01-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Teletovic and Brooks making PJ look like a genius. Tele can stretch the floor and he's the best shooter on the team. Brooks has always had talent and we've known that but Avery refused to let him play. I'm very worried when Hump comes back. Hump's productivity is great too. he gets you 7/7 off the bench but I want to see Mirza getting 20 minutes a game consistently. Fans nor coaches should expect him to get 14 points, 6 rebounds and 2 blocks every game but he can be consistent if his minutes are. And Mirza is not awful on defense. He is a very solid one on one defender but slightly struggles on team defense. His P&R defense is good as well. He hedges hard just like Reggie. I like what I'm seeing.
Teletović has never been a consistent player. Not even in Europe and he got a lot of minutes and played against much lesser talent. And his defense is not good.
I didn't watch him play last night but I watched him in Europe much more than you did so I know what I'm talking about. If you expect consistency from him you'll be disappointed. One night he'll go 5-7 from three and score 20 points. Next night he'll go 2-10 from the field. That's what you get with him.

Doctor Rivers
01-06-2013, 10:51 AM
bust

Kiddlovesnets
01-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Well he has to earn his way up to a good backup or even starter, its not like a coach can truly help him making his shots.

It's A VC3!!!
01-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Teletović has never been a consistent player. Not even in Europe and he got a lot of minutes and played against much lesser talent. And his defense is not good.
I didn't watch him play last night but I watched him in Europe much more than you did so I know what I'm talking about. If you expect consistency from him you'll be disappointed. One night he'll go 5-7 from three and score 20 points. Next night he'll go 2-10 from the field. That's what you get with him.

Bringing up Europe is pointless because he is now playing with very talented players. Last night he scored all of his points off spot up jump shots. In Europe he was asked to be the focal point of the offense. He had to post, drive, pass, and shoot in Europe. Here he just needs to catch the ball and shoot wide open shots. Just as he did last night. If he gets wide open like he was last night, Nets fans can expect good productivity from Mirza. Obviously he will have off nights but if he can get 15-20 minutes consistently he can work on his in-game jump shot.

It's A VC3!!!
01-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Another cool stat is that Mirza has scored each time he has played. His best game was scoring 18 points against the Celtics starters when the Nets rested their entire starting lineup.

His shot is beautiful and he's not like Steve "VERY INCONSISTENT" Novak either.:lol

I don't get why Mirza didn't play one second with Brook on the floor though. Teams double and plant themselves in the paint to defend Lopez. That then opens up Mirza for wide open shot after shot. Oh well, maybe in due time. It was just one game. He may very well go 0-6 next game but we need to focus on winning against the struggling Sixers on Tuesday.

Clutch
01-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Why are you mentioning Steve Novak ?

And for your information:
Steve Novak 3-pt: 44%
Mirza Teletović 3-pt: 29% :oldlol:

And defenders give so much more attention to Novak than they do to Teletović.

Silly Nets fans. Guy plays one decent game (14 points in a blowout) and suddenly he's the 6th man of the year :oldlol:

Stop bringing Knicks and Knicks players every time someone says something about the Nets. Knicks lead the season series 2-1,have a better record and you act like it's other way around. I mean Knicks fans don't even mention Nets but the Nets fans mention the Knicks every time they can. People would have thought that the Nets have a better record or killed the Knicks in head to head matchups when reading some sh*t Nets fans say.

I love Mirza (he's coming from a country I have some origins from) but he's a chucker who can't play defense and is hot and cold. If you want Knicks comparisons he's a non athletic,much less talented J.R. who can't play defense. :oldlol:

UK-NJ
01-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Mirza showed some very good signs on D yesterday. He'll never be a great defender because of his physical limitations, but he by no means looked like a liability. Within the right defensive concept I think his weaknesses can be masked in a lot of match ups. It'll take time though, that's for sure.

As for his offensive game, the main reasons for the big improvement were 1) he was given freedom to roam. His movement without the ball was much better & he wasn't just camped beyond the three point line waiting for the pass. I think anyone who saw him play in Europe knew that turning him into a spot up shooter would end in failure. The other thing I noticed is that he's steadily shedding that extra bulk he so misguidedly put on. There's a lot of work for him still to do in that regard, but he definitely looked a little quicker & not nearly as lumbering.

There's still a long way to go before he can contribute on a consistent basis, but I do think he'll be a valuable scorer if he's given a fair chance & time to adapt. Hopefully PJ will give him more of a focal point within the offense during his time on the floor. Oh, and if he can find that step back he was so lethal with in Europe then that certainly won't harm his chances!

bd#1pguard
01-06-2013, 03:29 PM

listen croat, there's a lot of players in the league like that, 8-12 one night next night 3-10. He' a rookier give him a bit of a learning curve. I just looked at the stats from europe and his averages imply consistency.

Euroleague
01-06-2013, 06:58 PM
You are a complete fool, every time you are presented with facts that refute your idiotic claims you respond with one word insulting them when they are clearly right. If you ever wanted to be taken seriously you should have never trolled.

Yeah, because gabepizza's lies are considered "facts" here. Piss off.

Euroleague
01-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Bringing up Europe is pointless because he is now playing with very talented players. Last night he scored all of his points off spot up jump shots. In Europe he was asked to be the focal point of the offense. He had to post, drive, pass, and shoot in Europe. Here he just needs to catch the ball and shoot wide open shots. Just as he did last night. If he gets wide open like he was last night, Nets fans can expect good productivity from Mirza. Obviously he will have off nights but if he can get 15-20 minutes consistently he can work on his in-game jump shot.

Lay off the drugs.

He was playing with guys like Goran Dragic, Pablo Prigioni, Tiago Splitter, Luis Scola, Fernando San Emeterio, Nemanja Bjelica, Kevin Seraphin, Reggie Williams, Marcelo Huertas, Walter Herrmann, Stanko Barac, Pete Mickeal, Igor Rakocevic, Zoran Planinic, on Baskonia.

JUST STOP THIS RIDICULOUS NBA ONLY FAN DELUSIONAL BULLSHIT ABOUT THE LEVEL OF THE EUROLEAGUE.

He has played with players every bit as good as anyone the Nets have.

Just cut this ridiculous NBA only fan BULLSHIT.

Nash
01-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Lay off the drugs.

He was playing with guys like Goran Dragic, Pablo Prigioni, Tiago Splitter, Luis Scola, Fernando San Emeterio, Nemanja Bjelica, Kevin Seraphin, Reggie Williams, Marcelo Huertas, Walter Herrmann, Stanko Barac, Pete Mickeal, Igor Rakocevic, Zoran Planinic, on Baskonia.

JUST STOP THIS RIDICULOUS NBA ONLY FAN DELUSIONAL BULLSHIT ABOUT THE LEVEL OF THE EUROLEAGUE.

:biggums:

gabepizza
01-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Lay off the drugs.

How many of those players are or have been NBA All-stars? Zero. The players that you mentioned that have been good enough to jump to the NBA have been role players and back-up at best. No one as good as D-Will, Joe Johnson or even Brook Lopez.

It's A VC3!!!
01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Lay off the drugs.

90% of the Nets roster is better than all of the players you mentioned.

And my grandma playing in heels is better than the players I highlighted.

bd#1pguard
01-06-2013, 08:34 PM

hold on are you guys trying to have a civil arguement juxtapositioned by facts and figure with euroleague? how many times has this bee attempted? you guys should know better

GO MIRZA!

Euroleague
01-06-2013, 08:52 PM

You are a troll. I especially how like how you did not highlight Dragic, even though he was a third stringer on Baskonia. Typical ****ing retard.

Euroleague
01-06-2013, 08:53 PM
How many of those players are or have been NBA All-stars? Zero. The players that you mentioned that have been good enough to jump to the NBA have been role players and back-up at best. No one as good as D-Will, Joe Johnson or even Brook Lopez.

Williams and Johnson both suck in the current time. Neither is even a good player. And Huertas is better than either of them ever were at any time.

gabepizza
01-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Williams and Johnson both suck in the current time. Neither is even a good player. And Huertas is better than either of them ever were at any time.

Did Huertas get his jersey retired in Europe after playing 13 games...or win Olympic gold medals?

BTW Spanoulis paid $200,000 to fix the final four and get selected as the Final Four MVP. I have no links to back up my outrageous assertion but the president of Euroleague said it on TV.

Euroleague
01-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Did Huertas get his jersey retired in Europe after playing 13 games...or win Olympic gold medals?

BTW Spanoulis paid $200,000 to fix the final four and get selected as the Final Four MVP. I have no links to back up my outrageous assertion but the president of Euroleague said it on TV.

You will burn in hell.

gabepizza
01-06-2013, 09:04 PM
You are a troll. I especially how like how you did not highlight Dragic, even though he was a third stringer on Baskonia. Typical ****ing retard.

Yes that might Baskonia team that had Prigioni as their starting PG and 2nd in the team in mpg. lol

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/teams/showteamstats?clubcode=BAS&phasetypecode=RS%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&seasoncode=E2011

It's A VC3!!!
01-06-2013, 09:43 PM
hold on are you guys trying to have a civil arguement juxtapositioned by facts and figure with euroleague? how many times has this bee attempted? you guys should know better

GO MIRZA!

Yes! That's all I want. I'm turning into a huge Mirza fan. He's finally in the NBA.
No more shit Euro league where I could easily average 30 a game.:lol

Go Mirza!

bd#1pguard
01-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Yes! That's all I want. I'm turning into a huge Mirza fan. He's finally in the NBA.
No more shit Euro league where I could easily average 30 a game.:lol

Go Mirza!

yes sir