NoGunzJustSkillz
12-01-2012, 01:28 PM
:biggums:

ZaaaaaH
12-01-2012, 01:38 PM
:coleman:

jstern
12-01-2012, 01:39 PM
More info. But if that picture is real, it won't be good.

Edit:

From what we can tell, this photo only started making the rounds yesterday, even though the Spurs night out on Halloween had been well-documented otherwise. These are the same costumes Tim Duncan and Tony Parker wore then—Duncan as the Punisher, because of course he'd pick a relatively obscure comic book antihero as his Halloween costume. Both Parker and Duncan used guns as props for their costumes, though the noose doesn't seem to have factored in elsewhere. At least one message board poster has suggested that the picture was digitally altered (though his signature reads, "San Antonio Spurs 2013 Champion Crew"). No word on who the faux-Crawford might be, but he pretty much nailed the role.

If you're in the dark as to why it might be fun for the Spurs to exact a little pretend revenge on Joey Crawford, recall this, from April of 2007:

Crawford ejected Duncan from San Antonio's loss to Dallas on Sunday after calling a second technical foul on the Spurs star while he was laughing on the bench.

"He looked at me and said, 'Do you want to fight? Do you want to fight?"' Duncan said after the incident. "If he wants to fight, we can fight. I don't have any problem with him, but we can do it if he wants to. I have no reason why in the middle of a game he would yell at me, 'Do you want to fight?"'

Video of the incident here—it and other conflagrations have led some to argue that Crawford shouldn't be assigned to Spurs games.

The league just finished grappling with a Spurs infraction of a different stripe, levying a $250,000 fine against the team for resting its stars—Duncan and Parker included—in a nationally televised game against the Heat on Thursday.

http://deadspin.com/5964824/tim-duncan-and-tony-parker-had-some-fun-at-the-expense-of-old-nemesis-joey-crawford-on-halloween

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Spurs quickly becoming the most exciting team in the NBA.

Colbertnation64
12-01-2012, 01:48 PM
More info. But if that picture is real, it won't be good.
Just from Halloween, at Stephen Jacksons party.

Kobe 4 The Win
12-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Spurs quickly becoming the most exciting team in the NBA.

Finally a reason to like the Spurs. :roll:

HardwoodLegend
12-01-2012, 01:55 PM
How is The Punisher a "relatively obscure comic book antihero"?

He may not be Superman-Spiderman-Batman popular, but I thought most people know who The Punisher is.

JellyBean
12-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Joke or not, that is not the image the NBA needs. And Tim Duncan and Tony Parker of all people should know better. Stephen Jackson or Zach Randolph, I would not have been surprised. But Duncan and Parker? C'mon now. Then you throw in the rope in the background? Wow.

Clippersfan86
12-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Finally a reason to like the Spurs. :roll:

:roll: I love the defiance from this team right now against the evil emperor Stern.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-01-2012, 01:58 PM

He may not be Superman-Spiderman-Batman popular, but I thought most people know who The Punisher is.
thought the same thing.

Foster5k
12-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Proving again that you ALWAYS have to watch the quiet ones.

tomtucker
12-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Joke or not, that is not the image the NBA needs. And Tim Duncan and Tony Parker of all people should know better. Stephen Jackson or Zach Randolph, I would not have been surprised. But Duncan and Parker? C'mon now. Then you throw in the rope in the background? Wow.

lets see his hang-time

BuffaloBill
12-01-2012, 02:01 PM

Players can't have fun on Halloween anymore?

Colbertnation64
12-01-2012, 02:03 PM

"Relatively"...so relative to Superman-Spiderman-Batman he's obscure even if he's known by most people

Killbot
12-01-2012, 02:06 PM
:applause: This makes me like Duncan and Parker more.

jstern
12-01-2012, 02:08 PM
It looks bad, they should have had more sense because of how people interpret things, but nothing really wrong with the picture when you look at it in context. Halloween party, dressed up as the Punisher, some guys there is dressed up as Joe Crawford, and then they make a joke out of it. It's just that out of context it communicates a really bad message.

I remember over 10 years ago thinking it was a little creepy that Tim Duncan was really into knives.

BurningHammer
12-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Spurs team is sure one happy family! :rockon: :applause: :banana: :cheers:

KyrieTheFuture
12-01-2012, 02:12 PM
TBH that rope doesn't look like it was even meant to be a part of the pic just a decoration. This pic is awesome though.

Mr. Jabbar
12-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I've found new respect for the Spurs :applause: :applause: :applause:

Whoah10115
12-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I think they can do whatever they want in their spare time.

Tho it'd be interesting to see Crawford call a game after this.

tomtucker
12-01-2012, 02:18 PM
It looks bad, they should have had more sense because of how people interpret things, but nothing really wrong with the picture when you look at it in context. Halloween party, dressed up as the Punisher, some guys there is dressed up as Joe Crawford, and then they make a joke out of it. It's just that out of context it communicates a really bad message.

I remember over 10 years ago thinking it was a little creepy that Tim Duncan was really into knives.

go on.........:confusedshrug:

Eric Cartman
12-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Fight The Powers of the Evil Ruler.

http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/8/81/Fight_the_power_vector_sticker.jpg

Levity
12-01-2012, 02:43 PM
at least we know know how players truly feel about crawford.

jstern
12-01-2012, 02:45 PM
go on.........:confusedshrug:

I was reading about him, forgot which magazine, and they were talking about I guess how quiet his is. And they mentioned that he was really into knives, and that information with the personality that they were painting made me go, "Oh O, hope this guy is not like a serial killer."

I found this http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php?title=Tim_Duncan

Just ctr+F and type knife.

inclinerator
12-01-2012, 03:19 PM
lmfao tim is a badass

tomtucker
12-01-2012, 03:21 PM
I was reading about him, forgot which magazine, and they were talking about I guess how quiet his is. And they mentioned that he was really into knives, and that information with the personality that they were painting made me go, "Oh O, hope this guy is not like a serial killer."

I found this http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php?title=Tim_Duncan

Just ctr+F and type knife.

thanks.............quiet, likes knives....luckly he play ball and makes millions..........had it been: quiet, likes knives and lives in his moms basement, then it would be a problem........:oldlol:

Darius
12-01-2012, 03:24 PM
LMAO ofc Tim Duncan would choose the nerdiest halloween costume of all time.

Myth
12-01-2012, 03:28 PM

Seriously. The character has 2 movies in the last decade, one of which had John Travolta in it.

ShaqAttack3234
12-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Seriously. The character has 2 movies in the last decade, one of which had John Travolta in it.

And lets not forget the great Dolph Lundgren

http://litreactor.com/sites/default/files/images/column/Comics/dolph.jpg

:bowdown:

TheCalmInsanity
12-01-2012, 07:01 PM
thanks.............quiet, likes knives....luckly he play ball and makes millions..........had it been: quiet, likes knives and lives in his moms basement, then it would be a problem........:oldlol:

Don't forget 7 feet tall.. That would be one hell of a serial killer LOL

Patrick Chewing
12-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Crawford is a scumbag. He should be offed.

tomtucker
12-01-2012, 07:41 PM
"NBA Referee Salary Range
Referees in the NBA make anywhere from $100,000 to $550,000 for a season of 82 games total. This is certainly a good salary for a referee.

Senior Referees
Of course, when you have experience, there is a higher price tag stamped onto that experience. In 2009, the senior referees for the NBA made around $550,000. There are some referees that make higher salaries than this."

:mad: :banghead:

http://www.therichest.org/sports/highest-paid-nba-referees/

Dro
12-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Spurs are now my 2nd favorite team..

IGotACoolStory
12-01-2012, 08:24 PM
"NBA Referee Salary Range
Referees in the NBA make anywhere from $100,000 to $550,000 for a season of 82 games total. This is certainly a good salary for a referee.

Senior Referees
Of course, when you have experience, there is a higher price tag stamped onto that experience. In 2009, the senior referees for the NBA made around $550,000. There are some referees that make higher salaries than this."

:mad: :banghead:

http://www.therichest.org/sports/highest-paid-nba-referees/

Wow, I'm really surprised by those numbers.

JohnnySic
12-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Bravo Spurs! :applause:

scandisk_
12-01-2012, 11:01 PM
The mofo Joey crawford has taken over more games than Jordan

:facepalm

kNIOKAS
12-02-2012, 04:19 PM
lets see his hang-time
:lol

The mofo Joey crawford has taken over more games than Jordan

:facepalm
:applause:

This pic is really isn't how players should approach and present themselves, but I still love it. It's an inside joke first of all. Spurs are great.

jl1718
12-02-2012, 04:22 PM
:lol

:applause:

This pic is really isn't how players should approach and present themselves, but I still love it. It's an inside joke first of all. Spurs are great.
Some talk that it's Photoshop. Looks real to me.

talkingconch
12-02-2012, 04:27 PM
lol this is only making its way through because of the fine. no fine = no circulating pic

akts
12-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Joey Crawford is a D I C K, and I find this funny as hell.. I respect Duncan alot.. but I am laughing my ass off at Parker trying to be Nick Fury.. if that is who he is indeed trying to be..