PDA

View Full Version : any superstars with worse iso game than Lebron?

STATUTORY
12-02-2012, 12:03 PM
in history?

I don't make a habit of watching the heat play but everytime i do i'm surprised by how pedestrian and predictable lebron's iso game is.

last night, whenever he was being played one on one in iso situation he tried posting up then kicking out to an open man.

eventually defense caught up and stopped helping and he was basically hapless had to pass the ball like hot potato.

the guy has a serious thin repertiore of moves for those type of situations. no wonder wade is still the go to guy down the stretch

Wang Zhi Zhi
12-02-2012, 12:21 PM
:biggums:

It's A VC3!!!
12-02-2012, 12:26 PM
LeBron isn't the player who gets the ball during a half court situation and drives to the basket. His post up is lethal. Too many damn times our double team was so weak against him last night and he kicked it out for easy looks. The pass to Mike Miller is the one that sticks out in my mind and the one to Wade for an uncontested layup. If people are going to double LeBron they need to flash and pressure hard to deter his vision from making a easy pass right in the players hands. I thought we actually did a good job on LeBron last night. Wade on the other hand deserves to call Joe Johnson his bitch. I wish Joe knew how to drive to the basket like Wade. Joe has only driven to the basket once in his hundreds of minutes in a Nets uniform. All he does is crossover, free up space, and shoot. Get to the line dude!

Teanett
12-02-2012, 12:28 PM
gerald wallace disagrees.

Teanett
12-02-2012, 12:34 PM
dwight howard
deron williams
rajon rondo
blake griffin

the only guys who might be better than him on isos:
kobe
melo
durant

nathanjizzle
12-02-2012, 12:44 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view1/3483640/lebron-passes-again-o.gif
http://gifsoup.com/view5/3483635/derrick-rose-sixers-o.gif

Rubio2Gasol
12-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Dwayne Wade :confusedshrug:

swi7ch
12-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Kobe.

Kblaze8855
12-02-2012, 01:38 PM
depends on if you mean aesthetically or by the results.

DukeDelonte13
12-02-2012, 01:38 PM
if he gets to the line/scores who cares how predictable or uncreative it is.

Purch
12-02-2012, 01:40 PM
dwight howard
deron williams
rajon rondo
blake griffin

kobe
melo
durant

Are you talking about Brooklyn D-Will or Utah D-Will?

Because on Utah in the 4th we always ran top of the Key Iso's for D-will late in the game, which nearly always resulted in a made mid mid range shot, drive to the basket, or a kick out to a wide open Korver or Okur.

What made D-Will's Iso's so deadly was his deadly crossover, because he got whatever he wanted in the mid range area but he always had the option of using his crossover to penetrate and score or kick it out.

I've seen D-Will do some flat out graphic things with his crossover off Isolations.

It's A VC3!!!
12-02-2012, 01:43 PM
dwight howard
deron williams
rajon rondo
blake griffin

kobe
melo
durant
d-will is great at iso ball. you saw in the first half how lethal he was against miami. his shot is not going in and that's due to an injury to his wrist, arm, and hip. and people need to stop commenting on shit they don't see. you probably don't watch any of these mentioned players on a regular basis therefore you're talking out of your ass.

Apogee
12-02-2012, 01:45 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view1/3483640/lebron-passes-again-o.gif
http://gifsoup.com/view5/3483635/derrick-rose-sixers-o.gif

Didn't you cry and throw your shoes in a lake because you stopped playing basketball? :facepalm

Teanett
d-will is great at iso ball. you saw in the first half how lethal he was against miami. his shot is not going in and that's due to an injury to his wrist, arm, and hip. and people need to stop commenting on shit they don't see. you probably don't watch any of these mentioned players on a regular basis therefore you're talking out of your ass.

with all respect, he sure as hell isnt better than lebron atm.

joeysms55
Lol @ Durant being a better ISO player than Lebron.

Lebron is a headache to defend in ISO situation because he can kick it out easily because his such a good passer.

Purch
12-02-2012, 01:50 PM
The thing about D-Will's wrist injuries is that it's an ongoing problem. It's like Stephen Curry's ankles. The last 2 seasons he was here he'd always have months where he couldn't shoot effectively because the wrist would be bothering him.

However I don't think Avery completely uses him to his maximum potential.

pmj
12-02-2012, 02:05 PM
He's never been amazing or creative in a half court iso situation. Even in Cleveland his go to move was just a strong drive by from way out to gather steam... I don't know why this would be surprising. He's a basketball cyborg programmed with an algorithm that achieves the highest PER.

STATUTORY
12-02-2012, 02:12 PM
He's never been amazing or creative in a half court iso situation. Even in Cleveland his go to move was just a strong drive by from way out to gather steam... I don't know why this would be surprising. He's a basketball cyborg programmed with an algorithm that achieves the highest PER.

that is why bball purists have hard time conceding Lebron to be the best player in the league. skill wise he's not too different from a Luke Walton. In fact his game is like a suped up athletic version of Luke's

asdf1990
12-02-2012, 02:16 PM
that is why bball purists have hard time conceding Lebron to be the best player in the league. skill wise he's not too different from a Luke Walton. In fact his game is like a suped up athletic version of Luke's

:biggums:

Blue&Orange
12-02-2012, 02:22 PM
He gets bail out by his strength and speed in ISO, but clearly double teaming Lebron on the post is one of the dumbest defensive moves anyone can make, even when he is going one on one, all he does is kick the ball out. I don't think even Hakeem can help him.

FKAri
12-02-2012, 02:25 PM

Lebron has better touch around the basket than almost anyone ive seen in today's game.

It's A VC3!!!
with all respect, he sure as hell isnt better than lebron atm.
he's probably not but he shouldn't be on some list as the one of the worst iso players.

LBJ 23

negged

Rubio2Gasol
12-02-2012, 02:26 PM
The thing about D-Will's wrist injuries is that it's an ongoing problem. It's like Stephen Curry's ankles. The last 2 seasons he was here he'd always have months where he couldn't shoot effectively because the wrist would be bothering him.

How the hell does one use a point guard and primary ballhandler who is given freedom to run the team "to his maximum" potential.

What do you want him to do? Tell him not to bother to defend?

:coleman:

It's A VC3!!!
12-02-2012, 02:28 PM

You don't "use" deron. you let him run the offense in his fashion. avery is doing a great job getting our players into the right position. his lineups are terrible. bogans and childress should not play and marshon and toko should. i'm hoping deron can rest nicely during these 3 days of rest then get ready to play okc tuesday night without brook lopez.

lilgodfather1
12-02-2012, 02:28 PM
LeBron's been one of the most efficient iso players in the NBA for years...

STATUTORY
12-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Lebron has better touch around the basket than almost anyone ive seen in today's game.

so does luke, difference is that Lebron is eye level with the hoop when he jumps.

just watch the two play. Luke is a point forward, good passer, simple dribble, good rebounder, great post up and kick out, and a inconsistent jumpshot. If he was quicker, jumped higher, stronger than his game be identical to lebrons

Teanett
12-02-2012, 02:31 PM
he's probably not but he shouldn't be on some list as the one of the worst iso players.

you're too sensitive, homie.
the list not "worst iso players" it's "superstars who are worse iso players than lbj".
deron is a terrific iso player in his own right.

PP34Deuce
12-02-2012, 02:32 PM
When you are bigger and faster than most guys on the court, you dont need to do big adjustments to look pretty.

Lebron ISO is drive, if defender is there step for step, 95% time he can post that SG-SF up take his time and do fadeaway, or pass it.

DuMa
12-02-2012, 02:41 PM
you want a dumb shot over 2 defenders, thats not lebron. go to kobe's highlights for that.

Purch
12-02-2012, 02:52 PM
You don't "use" deron. you let him run the offense in his fashion. avery is doing a great job getting our players into the right position. his lineups are terrible. bogans and childress should not play and marshon and toko should. i'm hoping deron can rest nicely during these 3 days of rest then get ready to play okc tuesday night without brook lopez.
Yes you do "use" Deron. In Utah we didn't simply just let Deron run the offense and create all the offense. He's great at doing that, but he's not Cp3 in that regard. What we did is we played him for significant stretches off the ball where he'd catch and shoot and get easy baskets going towards the Rim and get screens set for him. Also we'd take the ball out of Deron's hands and allow him to post up smaller guards and fully utalize his passing abilty out of the post. D-Will's the best point guard passer out of the post that I've seen since J-Kidd on New Jersey, but he doesn't only look to pass he also has the abilty to get easy buckets inside because of how big he is.

Umad101
12-02-2012, 02:56 PM
you want a dumb shot over 2 defenders, thats not lebron. go to kobe's highlights for that.
That senerio for kobe works everytime 45% of the time

I<3NBA
12-02-2012, 02:56 PM
so it fails 55% of the time?

It's A VC3!!!
12-02-2012, 02:58 PM
What we did is we played him for significant stretches off the ball where he'd catch and shoot and get easy baskets going towards the Rim and get screens set for him. Also we'd take the ball out of Deron's hands and allow him to post up smaller guards and fully utalize his passing abilty out of the post. D-Will's the best point guard passer out of the post that I've seen since J-Kidd on New Jersey, but he doesn't only look to pass he also has the abilty to get easy buckets inside because of how big he is.
He does do all of that you're mentioning. He plays off the ball, and he posts up a lot. There was a reason Sloan got fired/quit whatever really happened. You don't put a leash on Deron.

dannywpt
12-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Lol @ Durant being a better ISO player than Lebron

:confusedshrug: :facepalm

ImmortalD24
12-02-2012, 03:02 PM
One of the biggest travesties in sports (from a viewing experience) is the transformation of LeBron from a slim (yet strong) super-freak small forward to a PF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHiqvzLhvn8

If he went back to his senior highschool/rookie nba weight at around 240, or perhaps 10-15 more than that, he'd have sufficient strength to battle in the post, but moreover the biggest + would be his movement/speed in half-court. Also, his 1 on 1 and help defense on the perimeter would improve mightily. As a fan of LeBron (2nd favorite player of all-time).. it's sad man.

Purch
12-02-2012, 03:04 PM
He does do all of that you're mentioning. He plays off the ball, and he posts up a lot. There was a reason Sloan got fired/quit whatever really happened. You don't put a leash on Deron.

What do you mean put a leash? We Isolated him quite a lot, where he had the freedom to do whatever he wanted with the offense. However, we also utilized other parts of his games, rather than trying to make him a poor man's cp3 in terms of playing off only picks and rolls and Iso's and creating for his team.

I'm not saying Brooklyn isn't using other parts of his games, I'm simply saying that from the games I've seen they should be utalizing these aspects much more.

And no Jerry didn't leave because he put a leash on D-Will :rolleyes:

That's such a ridiculous notion that it's not even worth addressing.

And whatever fictional leash you're talking about with D-Will, allowed him to have clearly his best years. Especilly after 07.

RRR3
12-02-2012, 03:24 PM
How many players are better at LeBron in ISOs? :hammerhead: Kobe? Melo? Don't give me Durant, he's not as good at creating for himself and others as LBJ is. :kobe:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-02-2012, 03:34 PM
One of the biggest travesties in sports (from a viewing experience) is the transformation of LeBron from a slim (yet strong) super-freak small forward to a PF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHiqvzLhvn8

If he went back to his senior highschool/rookie nba weight at around 240, or perhaps 10-15 more than that, he'd have sufficient strength to battle in the post, but moreover the biggest + would be his movement/speed in half-court. Also, his 1 on 1 and help defense on the perimeter would improve mightily. As a fan of LeBron (2nd favorite player of all-time).. it's sad man.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kobe fans already jumping on the wagon.

Heavincent
12-02-2012, 03:34 PM
If you want great footwork with a beautiful jump shot, thats not lebron. go to kobe's highlights for that.

Fixed.

RRR3
12-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Fixed.
LeBron's jumpshot goes in so who cares?

ImmortalD24
12-02-2012, 03:40 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kobe fans already jumping on the wagon.
:rolleyes:

Lick my balls.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-02-2012, 03:44 PM
:rolleyes:

Lick my balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGMQp_01eyg

ImmortalD24
12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGMQp_01eyg
Your point?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Your point?

You're a phony.

ImmortalD24
12-02-2012, 03:54 PM
You're a phony.
Sniffing my balls as usual? I've always maintained that LeBron was easily one of my favorite players in the league and all-time.

Yeah I've made stupid troll threads in the past, and probably will so in the future, but LeBron (in particular highschool - 2009 cavaliers stage) is my second favorite player of all-time (my rankings change between him and KG).

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-02-2012, 03:58 PM
I've always maintained that LeBron was easily one of my favorite players in the league and all-time.

Yeah I've made stupid troll threads in the past, and probably will so in the future, but LeBron (in particular highschool - 2009 cavaliers stage) is my second favorite player of all-time (my rankings change between him and KG).

Right. So do you normally upload videos of Marbury clowning your (other) favorite players? :oldlol:

You hopped on the waggon. Admit it.

arifgokcen
12-02-2012, 04:03 PM
wow dude are you high everyone was criticizing how predictable cavs offense was because everytime lebron iso ball.
He is by far the best iso player right now because he can score and dish with the best of em.

ImmortalD24
12-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Right. So do you normally upload videos of Marbury clowning your (other) favorite players? :oldlol:

You hopped on the waggon. Admit it.Mad that I don't have MJ in my top 3? Typical crazed Jordan fanboy.

If it makes you feel better about yourself, I have MJ in my top 5.

nathanjizzle
12-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Didn't you cry and throw your shoes in a lake because you stopped playing basketball? :facepalm

cool, yes i did and no i didnt cry like you ******. but what was your point like that had anything to do with lebron passing the ball in clutch moments?:roll: :cry:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Mad that I don't have MJ in my top 3? Typical crazed Jordan fanboy.

Good. We got enough fickle fans in our crew. :oldlol:

But seriously, Lebron=top 2? Get real son.

ImmortalD24
12-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Good. We got enough fickle fans in our crew. :oldlol:

But seriously, Lebron=top 2? Get real son.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-02-2012, 04:24 PM

On a lighter note, is LakersDynasty really Bruceblitz? lol

ImmortalD24
12-02-2012, 04:34 PM
On a lighter note, is LakersDynasty really Bruceblitz? lol
Bored much? Be a good little MJ stan and go back licking MJ's balls instead of mine.

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=Michael+Jordan&gl=US&search_duration=long

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Bored much? Be a good little MJ stan and go back licking MJ's balls instead of mine.

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=videos&search_query=Michael+Jordan&gl=US&search_duration=long

Damn. I think my insult cut a little deep, it was pretty mean. I apologize if i hurt your feelings bro.

ImmortalD24
12-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Damn. I think my insult cut a little deep, it was pretty mean. I apologize if i hurt your feelings bro.
No worries. Just make sure it doesn't happen again. Capish?

tmacattack33
12-02-2012, 05:34 PM
in history?

I don't make a habit of watching the heat play but everytime i do i'm surprised by how pedestrian and predictable lebron's iso game is.

last night, whenever he was being played one on one in iso situation he tried posting up then kicking out to an open man.

eventually defense caught up and stopped helping and he was basically hapless had to pass the ball like hot potato.

the guy has a serious thin repertiore of moves for those type of situations. no wonder wade is still the go to guy down the stretch

:roll:

In every close game, Lebron has dominated down the stretch.

Wade's done more defensively than offensively down the stretch.

Lebron's iso game has been and still is great. He can find an open guy better than anyone besides Rondo, and he can drive to the hoop with more explosion than anyone besides Westbrook. He is also starting to get a better post up game that is still in the works. And this year, his jump shot has looked pretty nice.

I nominate this for most uneducated thread of the month.

alleykat
12-02-2012, 05:35 PM
I don't get it. His iso is supposed to do exactly what it's supposed to do. You're talking about in the post? Draw the defenders then kick out. Ur blaming knowledge of fundamentals.

There is a reason why the spurs are one of the best in the league, and it's that very same knowledge of fundamentals

tmacattack33
12-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Furthermore, in Cleveland, a now proven inadequate coach named Mike Brown was allowed to survive (and thrive actually) for 7 years by giving the ball to Lebron in iso situations.

STATUTORY
12-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Lebron is the only superstar without a crossover or go to dribble or signature jumpshot

it's a joke man

Mr. Jabbar
12-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Bronzy has a limited aesthetic arsenal, thats relies on brute force and athleticism, which he utilizes well. Once his athleticism declines, its gonna be downhill real fast.

arifgokcen
12-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Furthermore, in Cleveland, a now proven inadequate coach named Mike Brown was allowed to survive (and thrive actually) for 7 years by giving the ball to Lebron in iso situations.

Exactly

This moron has no idea what he is talking about

LoneyROY7
12-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Aesthetically (like Jabbar said), it's not the most pleasing...but no one can deny its effectiveness.

#number6ix#
12-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Nobody in this tread could stop lb in a iso situation just like nobody in the nba can stop him...

STATUTORY
12-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Bronzy has a limited aesthetic arsenal, thats relies on brute force and athleticism, which he utilizes well. Once his athleticism declines, its gonna be downhill real fast.

once his athletcism fades, he's gonna be the black luke walton

real talk

LoneyROY7
12-02-2012, 08:45 PM
once his athletcism fades, he's gonna be the black luke walton

real talk

Ease up.

Rysio
12-19-2012, 09:35 AM
cant wait till lebrick loses his speed and athleticism and gets exposed being a fastbreak scorer only. :applause:

plowking
12-19-2012, 09:40 AM
cant wait till lebrick loses his speed and athleticism and gets exposed being a fastbreak scorer only. :applause:

Shooting better than Kobe from 3 point land. :lebronamazed:

KOBE143
12-19-2012, 09:49 AM
LeBrick game is ugly as ****.. I cant stand watching his games.. Dude is an eyesore inside the court..

Hoopz2332
12-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Kobe stans:facepalm LOL @ Lebron not having an "iso" game. Kids these days:oldlol:

pauk
12-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Yea, nobody has a worse ISO game than the player who had/has one of the most dominant ISO games in NBA history....

Are you one of those leftover butthurt super Wade stan kids or something?

STATUTORY
12-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Kobe stans:facepalm LOL @ Lebron not having an "iso" game. Kids these days:oldlol:
:facepalm I'm a wade fan son

check the AV

fpliii
12-19-2012, 12:52 PM
:facepalm I'm a wade fan son

check the AV

gonna be honest, I'm not a fan of this schtick...I haven't been around long enough to get the context of the account, but as a guy who likes both Wade/Kobe it's incredibly weak

Dragonyeuw
12-19-2012, 12:59 PM

Obvious contradiction is obvious.

red1
12-19-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm a wade fan son

check the AV
:facepalm Why do you even do this shit? You are one of the biggest kobe fanboys on this site and you don't even know the basic facts about dwade so you are clearly not a fan. Just pathetic. Almost as bad as ripthekik going around neggin people while leaving false names