PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace got ejected for yelling "BALL DON'T LIE!"

kaiteng
12-02-2012, 03:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pjro5G876Q

Ow please, NBA refs. WTF is this!? :biggums:

bdreason
12-02-2012, 03:38 PM
To be fair he is vocally taunting the refs when he does that, and everyone knows it.

chips93
12-02-2012, 03:39 PM
is NOTHING sacred anymore!?

shoops
12-02-2012, 03:41 PM
That was hilarious during the game. Not surprising at all though, considering they even give technicals for hanging on rims.

I think he yelled motherf**kers after the whistle. :oldlol: Always entertaining to hear court talk you can't really make out on the broadcast.

winwin
12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
poor sheed .. played total of 20 seconds lol

swi7ch
12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Pu$$ification of the NBA continues. :facepalm

kaiteng
12-02-2012, 03:50 PM
To be fair he is vocally taunting the refs when he does that, and everyone knows it.
That was what the refs assumed to be. He could taunt at Dragic. They just pulled a butthurt call IMO.

DuMa
12-02-2012, 03:51 PM
classic sheed. ahh man we missed ya bro

Clutch
12-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Best moment of the game after the Copeland putback.

Salazaar
12-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Nothing to be surprised at :confusedshrug: The first tech was obvious, then he countinued whining one referee, than the other, and then he taunted the ref again with his "BALL DON'T LIE" scream. Second tech, ejection. Simple.

stephanieg
12-02-2012, 04:14 PM
This is why Sheed should've never retired. We missed all those potential Sheed shenanigans.

BuffaloBill
12-02-2012, 05:00 PM
I mis baaskitbal :(

ripthekik
12-02-2012, 05:09 PM
:roll:
BALL DONT LIE!

White Mamba
12-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Gif request.

ClutchOver9000
12-02-2012, 05:23 PM
:roll: that was hilarious

kNicKz
12-02-2012, 05:47 PM
the NBA is getting gayer and gayer

SpecialQue
12-02-2012, 05:54 PM
the NBA is getting gayer and gayer

http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/5662811852_89896a11fb_o.gif

http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/chris-bosh.gif

http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/boshtongue.gif

http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/heatmenageatrois_medium.gif

GOBB
12-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Nothing to be surprised at :confusedshrug: The first tech was obvious, then he countinued whining one referee, than the other, and then he taunted the ref again with his "BALL DON'T LIE" scream. Second tech, ejection. Simple.

Everyone whines to refs so Sheed talkin to second ref is irrelevant. You could see the second ref knod his head listening to Sheed. He didnt want Sheed or anything. Sheed has screamed BALL DONT LIE like this before usually while standing in the box waiting for the FT to be shot. The ref took it personal and got involved in the game. It was a lame ejection.

kNicKz
12-02-2012, 05:56 PM
what an embarrassing era so far , and I just see it getting worse :facepalm

BallsOut
12-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Wait and watch Rasheed getting tossed 2 minutes into a Knicks/Heat game in this season for calling out the ref's biased officiating. :oldlol:

kNicKz
12-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Blake Griffin can flop around a basketball court as if it were a skating rink, Dwayne can shed tears after every drive to the basket, and the officials do nothing but a player yelling 3 non profane words gets an ejection. Unbelievable

StroShow4
12-02-2012, 06:31 PM
http://nba247365.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/sheed_monocle.jpg

GOBB
12-02-2012, 06:40 PM

:roll: I love it

Blue&Orange
12-02-2012, 06:45 PM
:applause:

Salazaar
12-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Everyone whines to refs so Sheed talkin to second ref is irrelevant. You could see the second ref knod his head listening to Sheed. He didnt want Sheed or anything. Sheed has screamed BALL DONT LIE like this before usually while standing in the box waiting for the FT to be shot. The ref took it personal and got involved in the game. It was a lame ejection.

He whined excessively and continuously, and I don't really know why you deny to accept it. Even though this was a weird situation, the ejection was completely understandable.

GOBB
12-02-2012, 07:44 PM
He whined excessively and continuously, and I don't really know why you deny to accept it. Even though this was a weird situation, the ejection was completely understandable.

Deny what? That the ref couldn't just move on? Plenty of guys whine excessively and aren't tossed. Watch games with wade Bron Duncan Kobe melo Westbrook Paul. It's a silly ejection. I've never seen a guy get tossed like that. Nothing understandable about this besides a ref wanting 15mins of fame. How many times do I see a player drive and fall to the ground then complain non stop up the floor? Too many to count how the hell is that different from this? It's not.

One of my pet peeves as a fan is players crying over no call and not getting back on defense. Yet no tech is ever given. WHY?! Love to hear your response.

Salazaar
12-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Deny what? That the ref couldn't just move on? Plenty of guys whine excessively and aren't tossed. Watch games with wade Bron Duncan Kobe melo Westbrook Paul. It's a silly ejection. I've never seen a guy get tossed like that. Nothing understandable about this besides a ref wanting 15mins of fame. How many times do I see a player drive and fall to the ground then complain non stop up the floor? Too many to count how the hell is that different from this? It's not.

One of my pet peeves as a fan is players crying over no call and not getting back on defense. Yet no tech is ever given. WHY?! Love to hear your response.

First of all, he didn't get tossed for whining, he got a technical for it, which just happened to be his second tech, resulting in an automatic ejection. Normally after a non-call players look at a ref and shout "eeey!" and that's it, now look at how Sheed came to one official to bitch about I don't know what, then approached the second one to continue whining, and if that wasn't enough during free throw shooting he shouted "BALL DON'T LIE!" at the ref at like 120dB to taunt him further. The refs had enough and gave him a tech, just a tech, not an ejection.

NumberSix
12-02-2012, 07:58 PM
"Ball don't lie" needs to go away and stay gone.

StroShow4
12-02-2012, 07:59 PM
"Ball don't lie" needs to go away and stay gone.

Revoke this man's NBA fan card. :facepalm

G-train
12-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Revoke this man's NBA fan card. :facepalm

I dunno, I think he should have left it in Detroit legendary history. I hear it too much, its losing value.

NewYorkNoPicks
12-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Blake Griffin can flop around a basketball court as if it were a skating rink, Dwayne can shed tears after every drive to the basket, and the officials do nothing but a player yelling 3 non profane words gets an ejection. Unbelievable

This

G-train
12-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Its a pretty weak tech, but lets be real he was being a total douchebag and the ref had had enough, I dont really mind him getting another one for that. It was pretty demeaning, and I think he had kinda lost it.

LockoutOver11
12-03-2012, 12:29 AM
love RASHEEDDDDDDDDDD WALLACEE

bdreason
12-03-2012, 12:38 AM
That was what the refs assumed to be. He could taunt at Dragic. They just pulled a butthurt call IMO.

When he says "Ball don't lie", he's insinuating it was a bad call by the ref, and the FT shot missing is some type of basketball karma. He may as well be yelling, "eat shit refs I told you it wasn't no foul".

Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty weak to get ejected for yelling something like that... but NBA refs aren't going to let Sheed verbally abuse them all game so vocally. It's a lot different then privately getting in a ref's ear, which is what smart players do.

GOBB
12-03-2012, 01:21 AM
First of all, he didn't get tossed for whining, he got a technical for it, which just happened to be his second tech, resulting in an automatic ejection. Normally after a non-call players look at a ref and shout "eeey!" and that's it, now look at how Sheed came to one official to bitch about I don't know what, then approached the second one to continue whining, and if that wasn't enough during free throw shooting he shouted "BALL DON'T LIE!" at the ref at like 120dB to taunt him further. The refs had enough and gave him a tech, just a tech, not an ejection.

What are you talkin about? The ref who gave Sheed the 2nd tech KNEW it would result in an ejection. Stop acting like it was two isolated incidents and oh damn by the way Sheed according to the rules you must leave. It's irrelevant that he whined to the 2nd ref I have no idea why you keep bringing it up. PLENTY OF PLAYERS GO FROM REF TO REF CRYING. Watch more nba games or maybe you watch enough to see my point but refuse to acknowledge it. The ref who tossed Sheed was emotional. That's all to it. I've seen guys like Wade, Bron, Melo chew an official out like a kid and nothing. I see a guy get a tech then keep jawing and nothing. Weak call but I guess since its Rasheed his rep allows for a call to be made and accepted even if its unwarranted.

He yelled too loudly? Come on. Ridiculous

bluechox2
12-03-2012, 01:23 AM
dude said it his whole career, and refs ****ing trying to show their balls, need to let guys play

Salazaar
12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
What are you talkin about? The ref who gave Sheed the 2nd tech KNEW it would result in an ejection. Stop acting like it was two isolated incidents and oh damn by the way Sheed according to the rules you must leave. It's irrelevant that he whined to the 2nd ref I have no idea why you keep bringing it up. PLENTY OF PLAYERS GO FROM REF TO REF CRYING. Watch more nba games or maybe you watch enough to see my point but refuse to acknowledge it. The ref who tossed Sheed was emotional. That's all to it. I've seen guys like Wade, Bron, Melo chew an official out like a kid and nothing. I see a guy get a tech then keep jawing and nothing. Weak call but I guess since its Rasheed his rep allows for a call to be made and accepted even if its unwarranted.

He yelled too loudly? Come on. Ridiculous

So fvcking what the ref knew what it would result in? Would you expect him to think "well, I'd give him a tech for that but it would get him ejected so I'm not gonna do it"? He doesn't give a flying fvck about it, he deserves a T so he gives him one, if it's his second one, he's gone, it's not a ref's problem.
It's not irrelevant that instead of just bursting out and saying sth to a ref he continuously, excessively and somewhat aggressively argued with one referee and he didn't stop and went on to do the same with the other one. I guess at that point they've had enough of it but decided to give him another chance, which he blew by taunting the official further. I would do the same if I was an official.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Ty8gRjXoU

Happy now? :rolleyes: Read the rulebook if you still can't understand it.