PDA

View Full Version : Let's Be Honest, the Heat are Lucky to Play in the East

BallsOut
12-02-2012, 05:02 PM
All they have to go through are the senior Celtics, Rose-less Bulls, Melo-less Knicks, Granger-less Pacers, and a team where Joe chucking Johnson is your best player.

The Heat are lucky to play in the East. The Clippers, Grizzlies and Spurs would all dominate them in a 7 game series in the playoffs. Hell even the Mavs might take them in 7.

Papaya Petee
12-02-2012, 05:04 PM
All they have to go through are the senior Celtics, Rose-less Bulls, dumb Knicks and a team where Joe chucking Johnson is your best player.

The Heat are lucky to play in the East. The Clippers, Grizzlies and Spurs would all dominate them in a 7 game series in the playoffs.
:roll: the Heat would bust all those teams asses. None of those teams would even take them to game 7.:lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-02-2012, 05:05 PM
What about OKC? :oldlol:

BallsOut
12-02-2012, 05:07 PM
:roll: the Heat would bust all those teams asses. None of those teams would even take them to game 7.:lol

Correct, because the Heat would be destroyed in at most 5, maybe 6 games if the refs decide to screw the other team over.

BallsOut
12-02-2012, 05:09 PM
What about OKC? :oldlol:

Heat still beat OKC though. Lebron shits on Sefolosha/Durant. Plus they'll still be playing 4 vs 5 with Perkins out there.

alleykat
12-02-2012, 05:10 PM
You're basing this off what? early season games where nobody is playing near their full potential?

alleykat
12-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Correct, because the Heat would be destroyed in at most 5, maybe 6 games if the refs decide to screw the other team over.

Wut? How does that make any kind of sense? Do u mean "unless"?

lilgodfather1
12-02-2012, 05:12 PM
The Heat would run ammuck on most of those teams defenses. The East is where real defense is played, and the West is where the best offenses are. Has been that way for years, and likely will be for plenty more.

BlueCrayon
12-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Let's be honest, the Heat will never get credit for any of their championships due to the overwhelming hatred against them.

BallsOut
12-02-2012, 05:14 PM
You're basing this off what? early season games where nobody is playing near their full potential?

Every game they've played head to head the Heat have had huge disadvantages and problems. All those teams have great perimeter defenders, guys like Tony Allen, Bledsoe, SJax, Lenard and penetrating guards like Chris Paul, Conley, Tony Parker and Ginobli who just get in the lane at will. Throw in all of their monstrous bigs who just toy around with Bosh and Anthony and it's not even close.

Fudge
12-02-2012, 05:15 PM
You're from Masachusetts, a Gortat fan by the looks of it, but you're a Heat fan. Get your mind right, bandwagoner. :oldlol:

And I think Memphis and SA can go 7 games with Miami easily. Easily.

ripthekik
12-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Absolutely, Heat benefited in the playoffs due to the lack of great teams in the east. Just look at last season's playoffs.
Who were in the east?

Knicks of last season :lol
Pacers with no superstar :lol
Bulls with no Rose :lol
Celtics with injuries and old team :lol
Magic with no Dwight :lol
who else, Sixers? :lol

if they were in the west they'd had to fight through every playoff series, not just cake walk into the conference finals.

alleykat
12-02-2012, 05:20 PM
The East is where real defense is played, and the West is where the best offenses are. Has been that way for years, and likely will be for plenty more.

this.

DuMa
12-02-2012, 05:25 PM
the Heat cant control who they play. stupid mindless bashing this thread is

SpecialQue
12-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Let's be honest, this thread is retarded.

tmacattack33
12-02-2012, 05:31 PM
All they have to go through are the senior Celtics, Rose-less Bulls, dumb Knicks and a team where Joe chucking Johnson is your best player.

The Heat are lucky to play in the East. The Clippers, Grizzlies and Spurs would all dominate them in a 7 game series in the playoffs. Hell even the Mavs might take them in 7.

The Thunder are better than all of them, and the Heat mopped the floor with the Thunder.

F outta here.

Y2Gezee
12-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Lockout seasons over. "Contenders" have used the full offseason to get the teams they truly want into place...there's some injuries like Rose, Bynum and Amare, but the idea that the Heat have a clear path to the finals are over.

Last year I think they kinda did. The Celtics were the only team capable of upsetting them, and that's what it would've been. The Pacers are a joke if you consider them as anything more than a 50 win 2nd round speed bump. This year, I feel differently. We'll see if the Bulls can put it together when they get healthy, but I feel the 2 New York teams are built quite well to give the Heat all the trouble they can ask for....Philadelphia too. More than enough talent on the perimeter to play with the Heat's smalls on both ends, but big men and point guard play to exploit their weaknesses.

I don't like the idea for the Heat to go small. I don't see the move they could make to fix that decision. Do I think they could win the title again? Yes, but it would be far more impressive run to the finals this year over last.

They've become a team that struggles on the boards, very reliant on turnovers, transition buckets, and 3s, and have regressed defensively.

BallsOut
12-02-2012, 05:33 PM
The Thunder are better than all of them, and the Heat mopped the floor with the Thunder.

F outta here.

Unfortunately that's not how basketball works wise guy. Clippers, Grizzlies, Spurs and Mavs all have significant advantages and matchup problems for the Heat.

BallsOut
12-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Let's be honest, this thread is retarded.

Says the Pau Gasoft fan and guy who has the word "Special" in his username. :applause:

talamo
12-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Who exactly is the competion in the East? Not gonna lie the Heat got it easy in their conference. Not like they can control that tho :lol

SpecialQue
12-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Says the Pau Gasoft fan and guy who has the word "Special" in his username. :applause:

That's your comeback? :facepalm

dreamshake
12-02-2012, 05:43 PM

Ether :bowdown:

I<3NBA
12-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Heat would still beat any team in the west in a 7 game series.

Stern
12-02-2012, 06:07 PM
You're from Masachusetts, a Gortat fan by the looks of it, but you're a Heat fan. Get your mind right, bandwagoner. :oldlol:

And I think Memphis and SA can go 7 games with Miami easily. Easily.
Who are u to call someone a bandwagoner when you are a rocket fan turned okc fan. :lol

tmacattack33
12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Unfortunately that's not how basketball works wise guy. Clippers, Grizzlies, Spurs and Mavs all have significant advantages and matchup problems for the Heat.

"Matchup problems" were the same thing Boston and Chicago fans said they had over Miami and look at what happened to that.

And if the Spurs and Grizzlies weren't good enough to get to the Finals last year, that is their own problem and not Miami's.

BG32-KD35
12-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Let's Be Honest, the West is Lucky the Heat Play in the East

G-train
12-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Shouldn't have to do this but:

http://www.nationalturk.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/heat-champion.jpg

That the NBA title dair, not the ECF.

they gave up first game then swept the Western Conference Champion pretty emphatically.

SilkkTheShocker
12-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Lockout seasons over. "Contenders" have used the full offseason to get the teams they truly want into place...there's some injuries like Rose, Bynum and Amare, but the idea that the Heat have a clear path to the finals are over.

Last year I think they kinda did. The Celtics were the only team capable of upsetting them, and that's what it would've been. The Pacers are a joke if you consider them as anything more than a 50 win 2nd round speed bump. This year, I feel differently. We'll see if the Bulls can put it together when they get healthy, but I feel the 2 New York teams are built quite well to give the Heat all the trouble they can ask for....Philadelphia too. More than enough talent on the perimeter to play with the Heat's smalls on both ends, but big men and point guard play to exploit their weaknesses.

I don't like the idea for the Heat to go small. I don't see the move they could make to fix that decision. Do I think they could win the title again? Yes, but it would be far more impressive run to the finals this year over last.

They've become a team that struggles on the boards, very reliant on turnovers, transition buckets, and 3s, and have regressed defensively.

Note to readers: This guy thinks Melo is a top 3 player in the league.

Lebron23
12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
They beat the best team in the Western Conference in the NBA Finals.

IGOTGAME
12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Shouldn't have to do this but:

http://www.nationalturk.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/heat-champion.jpg

That the NBA title dair, not the ECF.

they gave up first game then swept the Western Conference Champion pretty emphatically.

not really the point. They only had to go through one decent team last year. All the teams that match up with them are in the West. They don't have to go through talented teams with different playstyles like the WCF. Playing in the West you have to go through at least two of OKC/LAL/LAC/SAS/Memphis. That is a lot different from playing the old Celtics or Roseless Bulls.

Lebron23
12-02-2012, 06:45 PM
2012 Celtics were better than the Lakers, Mavericks, Grizzlies, Spurs and the Clippers. A past his prime Duncan outplayed Griffin in the playoffs. Kg was better than TD in the 2012 playoffs.

ihoopallday
12-02-2012, 06:51 PM
not really the point. They only had to go through one decent team last year. All the teams that match up with them are in the West. They don't have to go through talented teams with different playstyles like the WCF. Playing in the West you have to go through at least two of OKC/LAL/LAC/SAS/Memphis. That is a lot different from playing the old Celtics or Roseless Bulls.

So what do you want Miami to do. Ask Stern to move them out west. These threads are so pointless. :facepalm

no pun intended
12-02-2012, 06:54 PM
How is this thread rated an average of nearly four stars with 7 votes?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-02-2012, 06:56 PM
How is this thread rated an average of nearly four stars with 7 votes?

Sock accounts / Kobe fanatics

tmacattack33
12-02-2012, 07:35 PM
LOL at saying the Spurs or Grizzlies would have an advantage over Miami in the playoffs.

Miami has been the most dominant team in the NBA in the playoffs since the big 3 got there. The Spurs and Grizzlies don't even come close, so you have absolutely no evidence to say that they would have a shot against Miami in the playoffs.

And to mention the Mavs in there is hysterical. They don't have Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, or Tyson Chandler anymore. It's a completely different team.

Nash
12-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Let's be honest, the West are lucky Lebron and Miami are in the east.

ripthekik
12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Miami has been the most dominant team in the NBA in the playoffs since the big 3 got there.
:lol

what have they done in the playoffs?
2012: beaten crappy Knicks, starless Pacers took em to 6, old Celtics took them to 7, finally beats a young team first time in finals and avg age is 23

Heat so dominant :bowdown: :bowdown:

Clippersfan86
12-02-2012, 07:47 PM
The Heat would run ammuck on most of those teams defenses. The East is where real defense is played, and the West is where the best offenses are. Has been that way for years, and likely will be for plenty more.

Yet the Grizzlies are the 1st best defense right now, Clippers 9th and Spurs 5th. Basically all of these teams that match up well with Miami are significantly better defensively than Miami this year. I would bet money that these 3 could beat Miami in a 7 game series because it's just a bad matchup for Miami small ball. I think the Lakers when they gel and get Nash would also be a bad matchup.

Bottom line is hell yes Miami is lucky to be in the east. I doubt they even get passed the WCF in the west and even that isn't guaranteed because they are going to see one of the teams they struggle with like the ones mentioned.

tmacattack33
12-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Playoff records the past two years:

Miami: 30-13

San Antonio: 12-8

Memphis: 10-10

Clippers: 4-7 (and these 11 games are all from 2012...they failed to make the playoffs in 2011)

...:oldlol:

NumberSix
12-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Didn't the Heat bitch slap the team that mollywhopped the western conference?

Clippersfan86
12-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Playoff records the past two years:

Miami: 30-13

San Antonio: 12-8

Memphis: 10-10

Clippers: 4-7 (and these 11 games are all from 2012...they failed to make the playoffs in 2011)

...:oldlol:

Wow the point of the OP went right over your head didn't it? In the west the top 8 teams beat the living shit out of each other every year. Nothing comes easy it's a straight up tedious bloodbath. Put the Heat in the west the last two years and no guarantees they even get to the WCF.

Now put the Clippers, Grizzlies, Spurs, Lakers etc in the west and they are a lock for the finals most likely as well or at worst ECF.

tmacattack33
12-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Wow the point of the OP went right over your head didn't it? In the west the top 8 teams beat the living shit out of each other every year. Nothing comes easy it's a straight up tedious bloodbath. Put the Heat in the west the last two years and no guarantees they even get to the WCF.

Now put the Clippers, Grizzlies, Spurs, Lakers etc in the west and they are a lock for the finals most likely as well or at worst ECF.

...or so you say, based off of no evidence at all.

In the 2011 playoffs, the Heat trampled through completely healthy Bulls and Celtics teams that were definitely on par with this years Grizzlies and Spurs.

tmacattack33
12-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Also, you can't just move Miami to the West. To make things fair, you'd have to swap them with the top Western team (right now that is Memphis).

So swap them with Memphis.

Okay, so in round 1 they'd get 8th seeded Houston.

Round 2 they'd play the Spurs.

Round 3 they'd play the Thunder.

So their path would be: Houston - San Antonio - OKC

That's not any harder than what they did in 2011 in the Eastern playoffs: Philly - Boston - Chicago.

Clippersfan86
12-02-2012, 08:10 PM
...or so you say, based off of no evidence at all.

In the 2011 playoffs, the Heat trampled through completely healthy Bulls and Celtics teams that were definitely on par with this years Grizzlies and Spurs.

This year we have played what 15-20 games? It's WAY too soon to act like these teams are all finished products because most of the contenders still aren't conditioned or 100 percent.

Bottom line is you need to pay respect and acknowledge that some teams give Miami matchup problems. Every team in the NBA has matchup strengths and weaknesses. Miami doesn't do well vs these big, athletic and skilled frontcourts and we've seen it time and time again the last 3 years. Memphis and the Clippers have torched them winning 4 of 5 a piece vs Miami in the Lebron era.

Spurs have given Miami problems in recent years too. No shame in admitting that you have a weakness. For example my Clips have problems with the Lakers and Spurs. Doesn't mean they can't win, just means it's a huge challenge and would be a dogfight.

I'm not saying Miami wouldn't beat these teams but rather to act like they wouldn't be more challenged by these teams is stupid and ignorant.

Lebron23
12-02-2012, 08:12 PM
The 2012 Miami Heat B1tchslapped the Spurs in the regular season. Back to back 30 points @$$whooping.

Clippersfan86
12-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Also, you can't just move Miami to the West. To make things fair, you'd have to swap them with the top Western team (right now that is Memphis).

So swap them with Memphis.

Okay, so in round 1 they'd get 8th seeded Houston.

Round 2 they'd play the Spurs.

Round 3 they'd play the Thunder.

So their path would be: Houston - San Antonio - OKC

That's not any harder than what they did in 2011 in the Eastern playoffs: Philly - Boston - Chicago.

Dude... Houston isn't getting the 8 seed most likely. Dirkless Mavs will bounce back, Nuggets should pick it up. Also who's to say they would even be the 1 seed if they played in the west? I can easily see them at 3 in the regular season behind the Thunder and Spurs which would mean they can face a huge number of quality teams in the lower brackets. Jazz, Mavs, Rockets, Nuggets, Warriors etc.

tmacattack33
12-02-2012, 08:16 PM
This year we have played what 15-20 games? It's WAY too soon to act like these teams are all finished products because most of the contenders still aren't conditioned or 100 percent.

Bottom line is you need to pay respect and acknowledge that some teams give Miami matchup problems. Every team in the NBA has matchup strengths and weaknesses. Miami doesn't do well vs these big, athletic and skilled frontcourts and we've seen it time and time again the last 3 years. Memphis and the Clippers have torched them winning 4 of 5 a piece vs Miami in the Lebron era.

Spurs have given Miami problems in recent years too. No shame in admitting that you have a weakness. For example my Clips have problems with the Lakers and Spurs. Doesn't mean they can't win, just means it's a huge challenge and would be a dogfight.

I'm not saying Miami wouldn't beat these teams but rather to act like they wouldn't be more challenged by these teams is stupid and ignorant.

Actually, in the playoffs, we have never seen that (and no, Dirk is not a big and physical big man, and Dallas didn't win by bullying Miami's front court around)

This argument of teams with big and strong front courts bullying Miami was the same one we heard in 2011 about Boston and Chicago. And Miami dominated them.

Even Hibbert and West are pretty good front court and were supposed to bully Miami around...never happened. Even without Bosh.

ripthekik
12-02-2012, 08:33 PM
The 2012 Miami Heat B1tchslapped the Spurs in the regular season. Back to back 30 points @$$whooping.
:kobe:
Please, Spurs bench with Timmy, Parker, Ginobilli watching tv from home were one possession away from beating the Heat with Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Ray all playing heavy minutes

:yaohappy:

Y2Gezee
12-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Actually, in the playoffs, we have never seen that (and no, Dirk is not a big and physical big man, and Dallas didn't win by bullying Miami's front court around)

This argument of teams with big and strong front courts bullying Miami was the same one we heard in 2011 about Boston and Chicago. And Miami dominated them.

Even Hibbert and West are pretty good front court and were supposed to bully Miami around...never happened. Even without Bosh.

:no: Tyson did kinda do some bullying down there.

#number6ix#
12-02-2012, 08:38 PM
:kobe:
Please, Spurs bench with Timmy, Parker, Ginobilli watching tv from home were one possession away from beating the Heat with Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Ray all playing heavy minutes

:yaohappy:
But Miami won tho... If they blew the spurs out people would say it was because the big 3 didn't play. I was happy to see a good close game. Don't hate just appreciate my brotha

Clippersfan86
12-02-2012, 08:40 PM

Dirk would fall under big and skilled despite not being athletic. You guys also struggled with Chandler. So yes the Mavs are a perfect example of it. Last year you face a far smaller Thunder bigman group and look at the difference?

Hibbert has solid post skills but isn't exactly the most physical guy who's going to "bully". West again is capable on the block but is mostly a finesse player who prefers the jumper so bad example.

#number6ix#
12-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Okay the heat are lucky to play in the east whatever helps u guys sleep at night

LoneyROY7
12-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Let's be honest, you're not being honest.

G-train
12-02-2012, 08:48 PM
All you western homos can cry all you like.
You can only beat who is put in front of you.
Miami got through two great teams from last season in Indiana and Boston, while missing one of their most important players, and with Wade hobbled with a knee injury.
They then smacked OKC on the ass, the very best out of the West.
The Heat played unbelievable ball, led by one of the greatest players ever.
Crybabies.

G-train
12-02-2012, 08:50 PM
The ball dont lie and deal with it.

IGOTGAME
12-02-2012, 08:56 PM
All you western homos can cry all you like.
You can only beat who is put in front of you.
Miami got through two great teams from last season in Indiana and Boston, while missing one of their most important players, and with Wade hobbled with a knee injury.
They then smacked OKC on the ass, the very best out of the West.
The Heat played unbelievable ball, led by one of the greatest players ever.
Crybabies.

:roll:

tmacattack33
12-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Dirk would fall under big and skilled despite not being athletic. You guys also struggled with Chandler. So yes the Mavs are a perfect example of it. Last year you face a far smaller Thunder bigman group and look at the difference?

Hibbert has solid post skills but isn't exactly the most physical guy who's going to "bully". West again is capable on the block but is mostly a finesse player who prefers the jumper so bad example.

Dirk played well against us, but not in the way that you are trying to say that Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph, Blake, D. Jordan, and Tim Duncan would.

Also, so you are saying Tyson Chandler is a good/great big man? Great...we smacked his azz up in the first round last year. And this year we will likely be playing them again in the playoffs...so there goes your "you guys are lucky you didn't play great big men" excuse.

Mr. Jabbar
12-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Of course they are lucky.

They are spoon-fed lottery teams until the finals, where they arrive with fresh legs to face a banged up western team that carries the scars and exhaustion of the competitive elite western confernce.

And even after that, if they still face trouble in the Finals, referees have no shame in putting on their cHeat jerseys.

#number6ix#
12-02-2012, 09:26 PM

They are spoon-fed lottery teams until the finals, where they arrive with fresh legs to face a banged up western team that carries the scars and exhaustion of the competitive elite western confernce.

And even after that, if they still face trouble in the Finals, referees have no shame in putting on their cHeat jerseys.
Lol sure:hammerhead:

asdf1990
12-02-2012, 09:40 PM

heat vs thuder went to 5 games, heat vs celtics went to 7 games, hopefully next time the west can send out some "elite" competition that at least challenges the heat more than a team consisting of retirement home players.

Indian guy
12-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Has any team actually fared better than Miami against elite competition(55+ wins) the last 2 postseasons? They defeated 2 terrific teams in Boston and Chicago in the 2011 playoffs, took Dallas further than anyone in the West did(despite LeBron not competing), and last season, they took care of OKC in 5 after OKC kicked everybody's ass in the West.

Micku
12-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Yet the Heat beat the Thunder in 5 games, who was the best team in the West. Who beat the Mavs, Lakers, and Spurs.

The Pacers and Celtics gave the Heat more trouble than the Thunder, but that was because Bosh wasn't there in most of those games.

quartwarier
12-02-2012, 10:02 PM
2010-2011 Bulls and Celtics would smash these weak west teams, and Heat are ten times better now.

Clippersfan86
12-02-2012, 10:03 PM
heat vs thuder went to 5 games, heat vs celtics went to 7 games, hopefully next time the west can send out some "elite" competition that at least challenges the heat more than a team consisting of retirement home players.

Again people miss the point. Heat get to coast through first 3 rounds then play a legit contender. In the west every single round you can be facing a contender getting beat the fu** up. By the time Miami gets to the finals they are more rested and less banged up.

Also you have to account for matchups here. OKC isn't a team that could capitalize on Miami's biggest weaknesses. They got almost zero interior scoring from Ibaka+Perkins so Miami's size disadvantage didn't hurt them like it would vs the other contenders in the west. OKC was an ideal matchup for them almost. Memphis, Spurs, Lakers, Clippers and even teams like the Nuggets and Jazz are far bigger matchup problems.

HEAT111
12-02-2012, 10:03 PM
And the only reason miami lost against Dallas because they choked. If not, it'd have been another 5 game series or sweep.

Clippersfan86
12-02-2012, 10:06 PM
And the only reason miami lost against Dallas because they choked. If not, it'd have been another 5 game series or sweep.

Yes... it had nothing to do with Dallas running a defensive clinic with Kidd, Marion and Chandler obliterating them. Or Dirk having a top 10 playoff run in NBA history. Of course the average Heat fan is going to give zero credit though when it's convenient.

oh the horror
12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Yet the Heat beat the Thunder in 5 games, who was the best team in the West. Who beat the Mavs, Lakers, and Spurs.

Match ups match ups, and match ups are everything in this league.

You cant just sit there and say since the Heat took out the Thunder in 5, that by default they should be greater than the people the Thunder eliminated.

IMO, Heat do not go through particular teams in the west.

I'd venture to say San Antonio does not lose to Miami in a series.

Unfortunately that is speculation of what I know of both team's strengths, and weaknesses.

I KNEW before the Heat/Thunder series, that Miami would make short work of OKC. I was laughing when people figured that OKC, since beating on the west competition would exploit the Heat.

OKC is EXACTLY the type of team Miami can dismantle and it showed. When you break the Thunder down, they ARE a perimeter based team, plain and simple.

Micku
12-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Again people miss the point. Heat get to coast through first 3 rounds then play a legit contender. In the west every single round you can be facing a contender getting beat the fu** up. By the time Miami gets to the finals they are more rested and less banged up.

Also you have to account for matchups here. OKC isn't a team that could capitalize on Miami's biggest weaknesses. They got almost zero interior scoring from Ibaka+Perkins so Miami's size disadvantage didn't hurt them like it would vs the other contenders in the west. OKC was an ideal matchup for them almost. Memphis, Spurs, Lakers, Clippers and even teams like the Nuggets and Jazz are far bigger matchup problems.

Not last year. When Bosh went out, they had to kick it up. Since Wade was injured and wasn't the same Wade of 2011 and below, LeBron basically had to do everything since he wasn't banged up as Wade or Bosh. If they didn't get Bosh back in the Celtics series, they probably would've lost because Bosh was great in game 7 or LeBron would've had to do more again like he did in game 6 (Bosh was in the game too, but LBJ was insane that game).

And when they got to the Finals, what really beat the Thunder were the role players of the Heat and Harden sucking. That's the big reason why. I do agree that I think other teams with big guys that are capable of scoring inside and getting rebounds. While I don't think they will necessary beat the Heat, I think they could give them problems and exploit their weakness better.

asdf1990
12-02-2012, 10:27 PM

only on ISH can a team play 3 more games than the other team in the finals and have one of their major component out for majority of 2 rounds and still be fresher than the opponent who had no key injuries.

ihoopallday
12-02-2012, 10:28 PM

Why you making so many excuses for OKC. Also, if its all about matchups, explain last year. Clippers match up well with SA, yet y'all still got swept. :confusedshrug:

upside24
12-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Let's be honest, the NBA is lucky Wade has declined or it would be a wrap the way LeBron is playing.

red1
12-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Even without a centre the heat can still beat all of the western conference teams you mentioned. If they grizzlies are truly as good as they have looked this season then they would give the heat hell but the spurs are outmatched.

Derka
12-02-2012, 10:33 PM
I love watching the Eastern Conference constantly get degraded.

As much as I don't like the Heat, they smoked the bejesus out of the best team the West could offer last year.

red1
12-02-2012, 10:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgLMI784M4E

this shit right here would sink every team in the league, we all forget this because of lebron's once in a lifetime choke in the next round

ihoopallday
12-02-2012, 10:35 PM

As much as I don't like the Heat, they smoked the bejesus out of the best team the West could offer last year.

This. :applause:

Michael_Wilbon
12-02-2012, 10:40 PM
I agree that the Heat have it easier come playoff time and they would get beat on a little more in the West, but they will still get through the west and be the champs regardless. Who's going to stop them in the west :roll:

Micku
12-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Match ups match ups, and match ups are everything in this league.

You cant just sit there and say since the Heat took out the Thunder in 5, that by default they should be greater than the people the Thunder eliminated.

IMO, Heat do not go through particular teams in the west.

I'd venture to say San Antonio does not lose to Miami in a series.

Unfortunately that is speculation of what I know of both team's strengths, and weaknesses.

I KNEW before the Heat/Thunder series, that Miami would make short work of OKC. I was laughing when people figured that OKC, since beating on the west competition would exploit the Heat.

OKC is EXACTLY the type of team Miami can dismantle and it showed. When you break the Thunder down, they ARE a perimeter based team, plain and simple.

The Heat and Thunder are very similar teams though. Especially with the athleticism, and they have no inside scorer either. While the Thunder have better defenders with the PF/C, the Heat was better with team defensive. The Heat probably attack more inside because Wade and LeBron are both slashers while the Thunder are more jump shooters. And despite the injuries that they faced, besides the Spurs and the Thunder, I don't really see anybody in the West really taking them out.

Some teams like Memphis and the Lakers could give them a bit problems with their size, but I don't really see them actually beating the Heat. The Heat's defense, I think, is too good. LeBron James was more consistent and harder to stop. An injured Wade was still the 2nd best SG with some solid d and capable of giving you 20 ppg. And Bosh was consistent in his contributions to the team.

The Thunder had a pretty good chance to take them out. What stopped them was Harden's play and some role players couldn't step it up and keep up with Miami's role players. Harden played pretty badly in the Finals, and was basically the major reason why they lost in 5 games. He had his lowest ppg in the whole playoffs in the Finals and couldn't really get that much done against them.

The Spurs probably had a good chance with them tho. But the Heat would've kept it competitive and who knows how would Wade and Bosh would do against them. Like I said, I don't think anybody could really stop them in the West besides those two teams last year. The Thunder is obviously out, and the only reason why they had trouble with the Pacers and the Celtics is because Bosh was not there.

upside24
12-02-2012, 10:49 PM

:applause:

It's a new era in the NBA. Both conferences have great teams.

lilgodfather1
12-02-2012, 11:14 PM
:applause:

It's a new era in the NBA. Both conferences have great teams.
The league has been like this for the most part of its history, with the obvious exception of the Russell era.

I mean look at the 80's which had the Lakers/Celtics dynasty's the 90's that had multiple great teams, the early 2000's were relatively weak, but got stronger as the decade grew older (I mean in the East), and now the 10's are shaping up to have multiple championship caliber teams in the East, and West (Lakers/OKC/Miami/Chicago/NYK/BKN/LAC) for at least a few years.

Of course things can change, injuries can come, as they did in the early 2000's leading to a weaker talent pool (Yao, TMac, Hill, Penny, etc all taken away by injuries), but it looks like if this current talent pool can stay relatively healthy then we will be in for some great seasons.

DaSeba5
12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
A lot of you need a life. I understand you hate the Heat that's fine; I hate the Celtics and the Lakers, but I don't make 100 retarded threads about them.

Clippersfan86
12-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Why you making so many excuses for OKC. Also, if its all about matchups, explain last year. Clippers match up well with SA, yet y'all still got swept. :confusedshrug:

Clippers happened to win 2 of 3 but all Clippers fans knew the Spurs were the one team to avoid at all costs. The Spurs have DOMINATED the Clippers for a long time. Besides the sweep had a ton to do with no Billups and the Clippers 5 best players being injured.

Clippersfan86
12-02-2012, 11:35 PM
The Heat and Thunder are very similar teams though. Especially with the athleticism, and they have no inside scorer either. While the Thunder have better defenders with the PF/C, the Heat was better with team defensive. The Heat probably attack more inside because Wade and LeBron are both slashers while the Thunder are more jump shooters. And despite the injuries that they faced, besides the Spurs and the Thunder, I don't really see anybody in the West really taking them out.

Some teams like Memphis and the Lakers could give them a bit problems with their size, but I don't really see them actually beating the Heat. The Heat's defense, I think, is too good. LeBron James was more consistent and harder to stop. An injured Wade was still the 2nd best SG with some solid d and capable of giving you 20 ppg. And Bosh was consistent in his contributions to the team.

The Thunder had a pretty good chance to take them out. What stopped them was Harden's play and some role players couldn't step it up and keep up with Miami's role players. Harden played pretty badly in the Finals, and was basically the major reason why they lost in 5 games. He had his lowest ppg in the whole playoffs in the Finals and couldn't really get that much done against them.

The Spurs probably had a good chance with them tho. But the Heat would've kept it competitive and who knows how would Wade and Bosh would do against them. Like I said, I don't think anybody could really stop them in the West besides those two teams last year. The Thunder is obviously out, and the only reason why they had trouble with the Pacers and the Celtics is because Bosh was not there.

Naw man. Miami has slashing wing players like Wade and Lebron who get a ton of buckets in the paint (more than they do shooting jumpers in most seasons) and Bosh who is a very good post player in comparison to Perkins and Ibaka. Miami is far from a jumpshooting team at least compared to OKC.

It's A VC3!!!
12-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Wait until playoff time when Philly has Bynum, Boston has figured it out, Chicago has Rose. NYK has Amare off the bench, and BK has a good D-Will and Joe Johnson. I'll throw Atlanta here too. The East is going to be the most difficult it has ever been in the last decade. It's going to be os much fun and I can't wait.

G-train
12-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Clippers happened to win 2 of 3 but all Clippers fans knew the Spurs were the one team to avoid at all costs. The Spurs have DOMINATED the Clippers for a long time. Besides the sweep had a ton to do with no Billups and the Clippers 5 best players being injured.

Clippers should have been first round fodder, but Grizz choked.

b0bab0i
12-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Even without a centre the heat can still beat all of the western conference teams you mentioned. If they grizzlies are truly as good as they have looked this season then they would give the heat hell but the spurs are outmatched.
Heat almost lost to the spurs bench :roll: :roll: :roll: .

G-train
12-02-2012, 11:58 PM

They won.
And they also are the reigning NBA champions.

:roll:

:pimp:

Bigsmoke
12-03-2012, 12:38 AM

they beat the Spurs starters last year without Wade by 22 :confusedshrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PniJBGvBbVo

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Clippers should have been first round fodder, but Grizz choked.

So the team with their top 5 players injured and without HCA wins in 7 and they should have been fodder? If Clippers were healthy they would have won in 5 (they almost did).

Dictator
12-03-2012, 12:45 AM
People don't understand that just because A > B doesn't mean A > C.

red1
12-03-2012, 12:45 AM
72-10 bulls lost to the raptors, whats your point n*gga

Balla_Status
12-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Has any team actually fared better than Miami against elite competition(55+ wins) the last 2 postseasons? They defeated 2 terrific teams in Boston and Chicago in the 2011 playoffs, took Dallas further than anyone in the West did(despite LeBron not competing), and last season, they took care of OKC in 5 after OKC kicked everybody's ass in the West.

lol...seriously?

Balla_Status
12-03-2012, 01:23 AM

I hope you would say the same thing about 2006 but vice versa. Or because of the refs.

DaSeba5
12-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Wait until playoff time when Philly has Bynum, Boston has figured it out, Chicago has Rose. NYK has Amare off the bench, and BK has a good D-Will and Joe Johnson. I'll throw Atlanta here too. The East is going to be the most difficult it has ever been in the last decade. It's going to be os much fun and I can't wait.

You make it like the Heat went 12-0 in back to back years in the East the last 2 years.

Hoopz2332
12-03-2012, 02:23 AM

true story

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 02:33 AM
true story

Yet all the top 10 defenses are pretty much teams in the west so far :oldlol: .

Bigsmoke
12-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Absolutely, Heat benefited in the playoffs due to the lack of great teams in the east. Just look at last season's playoffs.
Who were in the east?

Knicks of last season
Pacers with no superstar
Bulls with no Rose
Celtics with injuries and old team
Magic with no Dwight
who else, Sixers?

if they were in the west they'd had to fight through every playoff series, not just cake walk into the conference finals.

well lookie here
Nuggets of last season :lol
Jazz with no superstar :lol
Clippers with no Billups :lol
Spurs and Lakers were team :lol
who else, Mavs? :lol

u are one of the worst troll ever. U bitch about the Heat being too good and now u think they dodged a bullet not playing against team that they would destroy.

R.I.P.
12-03-2012, 08:37 AM
I don

francesco totti
12-03-2012, 08:50 AM
2 - 3 less championships?
East won only 4 titles after jordan era.
2 Miami
1 Detroit
1 Boston

R.I.P.
12-03-2012, 10:00 AM
2 - 3 less championships?
East won only 4 titles after jordan era.
2 Miami
1 Detroit
1 Boston

Yeah and the Heat win none. Without Bosh they don

Nero Tulip
12-03-2012, 10:05 AM
OKC played incredibly bad, had some of the worst defensive rotations I've ever seen and still almost won... tbh there are 4-5 teams better than Miami in the West.

SilkkTheShocker
12-03-2012, 10:07 AM
OKC played incredibly bad, had some of the worst defensive rotations I've ever seen and still almost won... tbh there are 4-5 teams better than Miami in the West.

Losing in 5 = almost winning

:oldlol:

All Net
12-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Almost won? it was a back door sweep...just because most of the games were close doesn't mean OKC almost won.

Bigsmoke
12-03-2012, 06:28 PM

lol @ almost winning by losing 4 straight

BallsOut
12-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Lettuce be honest, the Heat are just cruising through the weak East.

FreezingTsmoove
12-30-2012, 05:57 PM

And this is why we need negs this is the worst post I have ever seen in my life

arifgokcen
12-30-2012, 05:58 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Almost won dude they got backdoor swept and last game was a blowout how is that even close.If wade and bosh had been healthy,i dont think thunder could have won that first game and besides lebron choking against dallas miami big three have always been very dominant against any playoff teams they faced and that loss against dallas was clearly choking.2011 lebron was better offensively than any other lebron in cavs uniform and look what he did against the some of the best defenses of this era pistons,celtics,magic in cavs uniform.That was a complete choke job thats why they lost.

If healthy i dont think anyone really pose a threat to miami in a 7 game series.They just have too much talent at this point even for OKC.

Lebron23
12-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Miami are 12-3 againts the Western Conference this season. OKC Thunder beat the best Western Conference Teams in the playoffs last year.

BallsOut
03-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Let's be honest, theres no competition in the East. Every break that the Heat could catch, they caught. Time to tag on another asterisk this year when they win the title.

Ancient Legend
03-18-2013, 01:23 AM
Let's be honest, theres no competition in the East. Every break that the Heat could catch, they caught. Time to tag on another asterisk this year.

The Heat are 23-5 against the WC. They swept OKC, the Nuggets, and have already beaten Memphis, the Lakers and Clippers during their current streak.

The only asterisk to be had is the one they are tearing on everyone's rear.