PDA

View Full Version : Let Howard walk in FA.

BMOGEFan
12-03-2012, 12:52 AM
This guy isn't worth more than 12M a year.

bdreason
12-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Should trade him before the deadline to Brooklyn for Lopez, Brooks, and draft picks.

LoneyROY7
12-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Should trade him before the deadline to Brooklyn for Lopez, Brooks, and draft picks.

Lopez > Howard.

Shaq knows what he's talking about.

swi7ch
Howard for Pittman

IGOTGAME
they might as well trade him because he won't resign here. Mike DAntoni is the wrong coach for him to play under. Lakers have also done nothing to make signing here a reasonable move.

TinselTime12
12-03-2012, 12:55 AM
I wouldn't want to play with a chucker in Kobe Bryant either.

Jameerthefear
12-03-2012, 12:55 AM
We'll take em back for Vucecic. If you throw in Pau as well anyway

The Nets
12-03-2012, 12:56 AM

Are you sure of this? Nets would be thrilled to do the trade if it comes down to it lol. Brooks is pretty much useless so long as Avery Johnson is the coach. Dont think it will happen though, Lakers would rather Dwight walk in FA than trade him to a team that can potentially become a top contender with him.
:lol

bdreason
12-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Are you sure of this? Nets would be thrilled to do the trade if it comes down to it lol. Brooks is pretty much useless so long as Avery Johnson is the coach. Dont think it will happen though, Lakers would rather Dwight walk in FA than trade him to a team that can potentially become a top contender with him.

Well I was actually just posting what was rumored the Nets offered Orlando for Dwight.

bdreason
12-03-2012, 01:00 AM
And don't give up on Marshon, he's just going through a rough patch and Avery is giving him some tough love.

Myth
12-03-2012, 01:01 AM
"ship his ass out."

Rubio2Gasol
12-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Trade for Josh Smith immediately.

Dude is actually a real defensive leader and will get Howard's ass and all the other Lakers on point.

Or hire Van Gundy lmao.

It is painful to watch someone who was called in the same sentence as Hakeem and Robinson play such pathetic defense. Much less have such a pathetic presence on the court.

PyrrhusX
12-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Perkins for Howard :cheers:
We will throw in Hasheem the Dream too and maybe Lamb :lol

imnew09
12-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Nah, I love Howard with the Lakers because he's gonna be the "man" after Kobe retires; just wait until he improves his Ft and y'all will be on his d*ck again.

bangwagons...

DuMa
12-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Dwight for Gasol. bring in the Gasol BRothers!!!!

bluechox2
12-03-2012, 01:09 AM
trade him for harden

Darius
12-03-2012, 01:09 AM
A guy at his age doesn't fall off this hard after 1 season.

He must not be recovered from surgery yet.

PyrrhusX
12-03-2012, 01:10 AM
trade him for harden

Locker room problems, Harden still fears the shoulder.

LoneyROY7
12-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Nah, I love Howard with the Lakers because he's gonna be the "man" after Kobe retires; just wait until he improves his Ft and y'all will be on his d*ck again.

bangwagons...

8 years isn't enough to improve one's FT shooting?

ripthekik
12-03-2012, 01:12 AM
if the rockets still love him so much, package him and someone else for Harden+ Asik :rockon:

Tycriss
12-03-2012, 01:18 AM
D12 for Bonner/Blair/CJax

Reverend Hoops
12-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Trade for Josh Smith immediately.

Dude is actually a real defensive leader and will get Howard's ass and all the other Lakers on point.

Or hire Van Gundy lmao.

It is painful to watch someone who was called in the same sentence as Hakeem and Robinson play such pathetic defense. Much less have such a pathetic presence on the court.

:biggums: Gasol for Josh Smith was laughed at by Ferry.

Rubio2Gasol
12-03-2012, 01:22 AM
:biggums: Gasol for Josh Smith was laughed at by Ferry.

Howard for Josh Smith then :rockon:

On a serious note.

That's not happening so Gasol for Noah or some shit like that.

Reverend Hoops

bangwagons...

Why should Howard waste 3-4 years of his career though?

Stern
Dwight and CP3 in Big D.

Reverend Hoops
12-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Howard for Josh Smith then.

I could see Josh Smith walking to join Dwight in that situation.

Eric Cartman
12-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Wasn't Howard beyong awesome against the Nuggets?

Classic overreaction. Let's not forget it's a process.

Reverend Hoops
12-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Dwight and CP3 in ATL.

Fixed.

DaSeba5
12-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Stop overreacting.

andremiller07
12-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Wasn't Howard beyong awesome against the Nuggets?

Classic overreaction. Let's not forget it's a process.

Yeah when he had like 10 uncontested lay ups and dunks and everyone around him burying 3's

rhythmic
12-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Yawn. Dwight isn't the same player he was prior to his injury.
I don't even expect him to be completely 100% until after the All-Star break. We all knew he sucks at the line, but he has had some big games for LA. He isn't consistent right now, but damn; can people stop overreacting?

Not 100%, Nash and chemistry are all reasons Dwight is under-performing. Give it time, we've seen flashes of brilliance from this team.

I'd love to see SA, Miami, OKC and Memphis do better under these conditions.
Parker out - Duncan has back surgery (SA's backup PG is out)
Westbrook out - Ibaka has back surgery (OKC's backup PG is out)
Chalmers out - James has back surgery (Heat's backup PG is out)

You get the drift, these teams would struggle too. Not to mention LA brought in two superstar in the off-season plus Jamison & Meeks, so there are chemistry issues as well.

It's very difficult to win games when you rely on Morris and Duhon to play significant minutes at point guard. They do okay in stretches, but neither of them would see more then 6 minutes on a team with a decent point guard rotation and we're asking them to play a combined 48 minutes.

Agh, whatever. Let people overreact, it'll be that much sweeter when the Lakers figure it out down the line.

BMOGEFan
12-03-2012, 01:32 AM

bangwagons...

after 8 years you still think he can improve?

He's going to be like this for the rest of his career.

Its like asking dwyane wade to learn footwork.

G-train
12-03-2012, 01:34 AM
A guy at his age doesn't fall off this hard after 1 season.

He must not be recovered from surgery yet.

Some centres never recover fully from back problems.
See D-Rob, Daugherty, maybe a couple more.

bluechox2
12-03-2012, 01:49 AM
funny reading all these overreactions

Clippersfan86
12-03-2012, 01:50 AM
So let him walk, Nash and Kobe retire in 2 years.. and Pau walks in free agency.. then what? Dwight is the only true building block the team has in 2+ years.

ihoopallday
12-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Joel Anthony for Dwight. Get it done Pat!

dazzer87
12-03-2012, 01:58 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

BMOGEFan
12-03-2012, 02:00 AM
funny reading all these overreactions

its an overreaction when they lost in the preseason and we complained.

its an overreaction when the lakers lost during brown's reign.

its not an overreaction when we are almost 25% of the season in.

Cali Syndicate
12-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Dwight for Gasol. bring in the Gasol BRothers!!!!

By far the 2 best gasol's in the league.

maybeshewill13
12-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Perkins for Howard :cheers:
We will throw in Hasheem the Dream too and maybe Lamb :lol

No way man, Hasheem the Dream is :bowdown:

TheBigVeto
12-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Howard for Lebron and Bosh
Do it Mitch!

oh the horror
12-03-2012, 03:11 AM
Look at this Laker stan, comparing Parker, Westbrook to a 38 old pg.........:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

He wasn't comparing them dummy.

bluechox2
12-03-2012, 03:21 AM
shouldnt have rushed dwight back so fast, would have been better for dwight if he came back to a team on a roll or back to save a team challenged in the standings and offense.

R.I.P.
12-03-2012, 03:56 AM
I could see Josh Smith walking to join Dwight in that situation.

LOL there is a better chance we

Noof
12-03-2012, 04:02 AM
Yes let him walk so we can build around Darius Morris. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

roffie
12-03-2012, 04:33 AM
I wouldn't want to play with a chucker in Kobe Bryant either.

it's not chucking if he's shooting at 48% :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm as well being the only laker player to show up on a consistent basis

poido123
12-03-2012, 05:39 AM
it's not chucking if he's shooting at 48% :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm as well being the only laker player to show up on a consistent basis

That's what's misleading. You can shoot well, but that could be at the detriment of teamwork and getting everyone involved. Kobe is still shooting too much, he is getting his stats, but the team aint winning. Someone has already mentioned, the lakers are 1-6 when kobe scores more than 30.

miggyme1
12-03-2012, 06:57 AM
I got the perfect move

Dwight howard for josh smith and jeff teague!

Omg!

Lakers win the championship!

rodman91
12-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Howard has been always inconsistent offensively. His free throws were well known as well.

Some nights he'll score 30 points but miss 10 free throws.. other nights he'll score 8 points. It has nothing to do with injury.

Shepseskaf
12-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Well, all we can do is sit back and wait for Jim Buss' next horrible move. Whatever decision he makes about the current crisis situation, it will be the wrong one.

Mr. Incredible
12-03-2012, 10:48 AM
The Heat will give The Fakers a bag of skittles for him. Pretty much what he's worth.

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2012, 10:53 AM
It's hard for Dwight. He is a franchise player yet he has to play second string behind Kobe. He's had some of his lowest scoring outputs in a Lakers uniform, some of his lowest FGA, and this is definitely not the situation he predicted. Mitch will have to trade him or watch him walk because I can't see Howard locking himself up for 5 years, especially if the Lakers miss the playoffs.

niko
12-03-2012, 10:57 AM
It's hard for Dwight. He is a franchise player yet he has to play second string behind Kobe. He's had some of his lowest scoring outputs in a Lakers uniform, some of his lowest FGA, and this is definitely not the situation he predicted. Mitch will have to trade him or watch him walk because I can't see Howard locking himself up for 5 years, especially if the Lakers miss the playoffs.

There's absolutely zero chance the Lakers are going to trade Dwight no matter what happens. Kobe is old, they have no chance at other franchise players. Even if this year is absolutely awful, they can promise Dwight changes and to come back without Kobe.

IGOTGAME
12-03-2012, 10:57 AM

he is playing second string due to Mike DAntoni not Kobe. When Mike Brown was there they were force-feeding Howard. It is this run and gun offense that doesn't get him the ball.

There's absolutely zero chance the Lakers are going to trade Dwight no matter what happens. Kobe is old, they have no chance at other franchise players. Even if this year is absolutely awful, they can promise Dwight changes and to come back without Kobe.

can they? are they really going to risk the PR of Kobe going else where to finish his career. Kobe might retire but if they try to push him out I guarantee he goes to LAC/Knicks/Brooklyn and wins a title.

Also, if he is the reason Kobe is pushed out he better win a title there or the fans will resent him. Chances are Kobe will go somewhere else for cheap and win.

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2012, 11:05 AM
he is playing second string due to Mike DAntoni not Kobe. When Mike Brown was there they were force-feeding Howard. It is this run and gun offense that doesn't get him the ball.

I know they took Mike because of Nash but to allow Orlando to score it's highest point total all season at 113 points is mind blowing. I'll tell you that all eyes will be on Nash because if he can't fix this, there are no more fingers to point. Dantoni should stop being stupid and get Dwight proper touches down the rim and take him out 5 minutes to go in the fourth until he hits his ft's. I saw the reply of Pau looking baffled that he was out in the fourth.

Then Dwight will walk. I can name several better positions for Dwight's goal of winning a championship then staying in LA. The Bulls and Hawks come to mind. Especially the Bulls. Dwight and Rose, both extremely young would have 5-7 years together and could EASILY lure a 3rd player like Josh Smith to them. The Bulls would need to position themselves for Howard though as they cannot soak his contract.

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2012, 11:07 AM
I guarantee he goes to LAC/Knicks/Brooklyn and wins a title.

I would love Kobe on BK. As long as he agrees that Deron runs the offense and Brook is our first option. Take out Joe and we finally have a sg that can drive!:banana:

niko
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
I know they took Mike because of Nash but to allow Orlando to score it's highest point total all season at 113 points is mind blowing. I'll tell you that all eyes will be on Nash because if he can't fix this, there are no more fingers to point. Dantoni should stop being stupid and get Dwight proper touches down the rim and take him out 5 minutes to go in the fourth until he hits his ft's. I saw the reply of Pau looking baffled that he was out in the fourth.

Then Dwight will walk. I can name several better positions for Dwight's goal of winning a championship then staying in LA. The Bulls and Hawks come to mind. Especially the Bulls. Dwight and Rose, both extremely young would have 5-7 years together and could EASILY lure a 3rd player like Josh Smith to them. The Bulls would need to position themselves for Howard though as they cannot soak his contract.

You've been remarkably wrong in what you have predicted would happen with Dwight so far. :lol How can the Bulls get Dwight? They have no cap space. And the Lakers are not trading Dwight for high salaried lesser talent like Chicago would provide. And this thought Dwight bolts LA to go live in Atlanta is hilarious. Would you do that?

Bandito
12-03-2012, 11:18 AM
By far the 2 best gasol's in the league.
I wonder who are the worst?:confusedshrug:

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
You've been remarkably wrong in what you have predicted would happen with Dwight so far. :lol How can the Bulls get Dwight? They have no cap space. And the Lakers are not trading Dwight for high salaried lesser talent like Chicago would provide. And this thought Dwight bolts LA to go live in Atlanta is hilarious. Would you do that?

I already said that the Bulls don't have cap space to soak Dwight. And why wouldn't he go to Atlanta. They are playing extremely well and with him can be a very very lethal team. They can even lure CP3 to Atlanta. If the Bulls free space to obtain Dwight, you don't need to convince Dwight to come play with Derrick Rose. Just tell him you have space and he'll take the first plane possible. He already ****ed up the golden opportunity to play with D-Will when he signed that ETO. I doubt he makes the same mistake now. If the Lakers were playing how we projected them too then this conversation doesn't occur. But since the Lakers are sucking it up, we have to think that Dwight definitely won't stay when all these players become a year older.

niko
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM
I already said that the Bulls don't have cap space to soak Dwight. And why wouldn't he go to Atlanta. They are playing extremely well and with him can be a very very lethal team. They can even lure CP3 to Atlanta. If the Bulls free space to obtain Dwight, you don't need to convince Dwight to come play with Derrick Rose. Just tell him you have space and he'll take the first plane possible. He already ****ed up the golden opportunity to play with D-Will when he signed that ETO. I doubt he makes the same mistake now. If the Lakers were playing how we projected them too then this conversation doesn't occur. But since the Lakers are sucking it up, we have to think that Dwight definitely won't stay when all these players become a year older.
BEcause Dwight is a human being, and he's a young man who thinks he is a multimedia star, and he has market clauses in his addidas contract, and Atlanta is a shithole compared to LA. Again, would you leave LA and being the star of the Lakers to be Hawk?

ChuckOakley
12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Nets will take both problems off your hands!

Dwight
Gasol
Ebanks
Meeks

for

Lopez
Humphries
Wallace
Brooks
2 #1

D.Williams / Watson / Taylor
J.Johnson / Stackhouse / Meeks
Bogans / Ebanks / Childress
Gasol / Evans / Teletovic
Howard / Blatche

Nash / Blake / Duhon / Morris
Bryant / M.Brooks / Odom
Wallace / MWP
Humphries / Jamison / Clark
Lopez / Hill / Sacre

It's A VC3!!!
12-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Nty. Wallace is one of my favorite Net players. Although his one on one defense is overrated, he is very valuable and we are seeing first hand that Pau and Dwight cant work out. To be quite honest, I like Lopez, if we're going to make a change, it's within our team and having brooks play. or trading hump for a defensive pf

Nick Young
12-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Inflated stats in a shitty eastern conference when the entire team was built to make sure he succeeds. No offensive game at all. I would be happy to let him and his undeserved max contract walk off so we could sign someone better.

rodman91
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
I remember some of the posters were saying Howard is better than Zo..and even goddamn Patrick Ewing!!!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278367

KrizMiz
12-03-2012, 04:24 PM
He will get the max contract - a sad day in nba history incomming!