PDA

View Full Version : Which Continent Has the Coolest Animals?

lefthook00
12-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Asia - Bengal/Siberian Tiger, Giant Panda, Komodo Dragon, King Cobra, Water Buffalo, Asian Elephant, Asian Rhino, Giant Japanese Hornet, Mongoose

Africa - Lion, African Elephant, African Rhino, Hippo, Zebra, Cheetah, Giraffe, Crocodile, Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Camel, Leopard, Black Mamba

North America - Bison, Cougar, Grizzly Bear, Polar Bear, Moose, Rattlesnake, Wolf, Wolverine, Alligator

South America - Piranha, Anaconda, Jaguar, Cayman, Parrot, Toucan, Poisonous frogs, Bullet Ant, Harpy Eagle, Giant Tortoise, Electric Eel, crazy spiders

Antarctica - Penguins, seals, ?

Europe - A bunch of domestic dogs, horses, ?

Australia - Kangaroo, Koala, Crocodile, Cassowary, Blue Ring Octopus, Dingo, Emu, Tasmanian Devil, Taipan, Sugar Glider, crazy spiders

maybeshewill13
12-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Aussie here. I'm going with North America. Grizzlies are my favorite animals, and mountain lions, wolverines, wolves and lynx aren't far behind.

miller-time
12-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Africa. Easy.

Brujesino
12-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Australia no doubt.They also have the platypus.

d.bball.guy
12-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Antarctica.

Ba dum tss

IGotACoolStory
12-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Antarctica.

Ba dum tss

Whales, bears, and penguins >

Reef
12-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Whales, bears, and penguins >

No bears there.

lefthook00
12-04-2012, 12:19 AM
I was warned to stay away from Cassowarys in Australia b/c they can jump kick your stomach and spill your guts. I choose Africa b/c the African Elephant has to be one of the coolest animals in the world.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lXmX0b1mke0/TmqUN6FrizI/AAAAAAAAAFk/Ays14s02NK4/s1600/Elephant+Bull+in+Dust+Lgt.jpg

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-04-2012, 12:27 AM
PhD in International Culture and Zoology checkin in..

Pound for pound going the whole twenty rounds, I give hats off to Asia since it has a TROPICAL RAINFOREST, a DeserT, an ICY ARea, and a grassland. It has a variation of almost all the African Animals too (though subpar).

Bactrian Camels are strictly in the Central Asia area (near Kim Kardashian's family and George Stalin's) and Dromedaries live in Arabia in adition to North Africa.

You have White Rhinos in the Sumatran Islands. And snow leopards (cuter than normal leopards imo) and all kinds of critters. The macaques in Japan who bathe int he hot springs >>> rafiki baboons imo.

Africa would be most peoples immediate choice due to lions,zebras, rhinos, elephants, giraffes, hippos oh my.. but Asia has a variation of most of those AND TIGERS AND BEARS (spotted/spectacle) AND a bigger variety of snakes (emerald tree python, reticulated python (true longest snake in the world), monitor lizard, to bout and ghavials/garials, and yangtze alligators, and a vast assortment of cool horses, deer.

I'd even put South America before Africa.

To add to the list..

south america: Tapir, Fishing cat, Portugeuse Man of War (off the coast), Coatimundi, Green Sea Turtle, Leatherback Sea Turtle, Capachunio monkey (black and white cute ones), Howler Monkey, Andean Condor, Bushmaster (very poisonous badass snake), there are also chilean penguins, PANTHER!, OArfiSH!,

plowking
12-04-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm going with Australia. Cassowary's are pretty much modern dinosaurs. If you ever seen one in the wild, just know that it's already too late. :ohwell:

I've been to a few wildlife places here in Australia and what not, and some of the trainers that deal with a large amount of the animals say they feel safer dealing with crocodiles, etc than the cassowary's.

BuGzBuNNy
12-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Black mamba, nuff said

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Grizzlies and Polar Bears will f*ck up every single other land animal with the exception of giraffes/elephants and potentially rhinos/hippos/juiced up ligers/sumatran tigers.

NA sure as hell packs the punch on that one.

It doesn't really have much land speed though.. that's the domain of the Africans.. besides peregrine falcon and red-tailed hawk and swift swallow. so it still comopetes in the air.

as for the bovines, I think musk oxen and bison could fukk up cape water buffalo. both are pretty underrated.

na's got it's citizen badass in the wolverine. which is outdone by Africa's Honey Badger easily. Also out done by Aussie's Tasmanian Devil.

it's canine is the best too. grey wolves > dingoes > hyenas (though hyenas have the strongest biting force.. females rape males (look it up)

The bird selection in NA is solid as hell with the eagles and owls and ospreys.. however there are condors and albatross that can match up. A lot of absolutely stunning birds of paradise are in Asia.

Snake-wise, NA is absolutely fukking garbage. Western diamondback is G.O.A.T :oldlol: Aussie's got sea snakes off the coast in addition to the fierce snake (1 ml of venom kills 10,000 mice) taiapns. It's got marsupials too. Don't get started on Asia and SA, Afr..

Insect-wise, NA is again a joke. South American Red Bullet Ants will fukk a nikka up, Japanese hissin cockroaches and beatles will tear it apart. rhinocerous and dung beetles will reign hell on them.

nice Whales near NA tho. humpbacks and blues can be spotted.

daily
12-04-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm sticking with the home team! Go N. America!!!

http://ak1.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/2663429/preview/stock-footage-north-america-continents-usa-canada-and-mexico-with-it-s-country-flag-waving.jpg

Grizzly Bears, bitches!:lol You forgot two time World War Champions!

B-hoop
12-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Jefferson, what about those freaking huge bears they had in Russia, what was their name?

lefthook00
12-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Grizzlies and Polar Bears will f*ck up every single other land animal with the exception of giraffes/elephants and potentially rhinos/hippos/juiced up ligers/sumatran tigers.

NA sure as hell packs the punch on that one.

It doesn't really have much land speed though.. that's the domain of the Africans.. besides peregrine falcon and red-tailed hawk and swift swallow. so it still comopetes in the air.

as for the bovines, I think musk oxen and bison could fukk up cape water buffalo. both are pretty underrated.

na's got it's citizen badass in the wolverine. which is outdone by Africa's Honey Badger easily. Also out done by Aussie's Tasmanian Devil.

it's canine is the best too. grey wolves > dingoes > hyenas (though hyenas have the strongest biting force.. females rape males (look it up)

The bird selection in NA is solid as hell with the eagles and owls and ospreys.. however there are condors and albatross that can match up. A lot of absolutely stunning birds of paradise are in Asia.

Snake-wise, NA is absolutely fukking garbage. Western diamondback is G.O.A.T :oldlol: Aussie's got sea snakes off the coast in addition to the fierce snake (1 ml of venom kills 10,000 mice) taiapns. It's got marsupials too. Don't get started on Asia and SA, Afr..

Insect-wise, NA is again a joke. South American Red Bullet Ants will fukk a nikka up, Japanese hissin cockroaches and beatles will tear it apart. rhinocerous and dung beetles will reign hell on them.

nice Whales near NA tho. humpbacks and blues can be spotted.

Then you have the battle of the insects/spiders. N. America may be able to hold it's own with scorpions, brown recluse, black widow, crazy ticks, OG bumblebee, praying mantis, cool butterflies...

red1
12-04-2012, 01:07 AM
no homer but this is easily africa

miller-time
12-04-2012, 01:13 AM
africa has the fastest (cheetah), biggest (elephant) and tallest (giraffe) land animals. it also has the most intelligent animals outside of humans (chimps, gorillas, and elephants). it also has the largest bird (ostrich)

hyenas aren't canines. where did you get your phd from again?

lefthook00
12-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Jesus, those teeth...they can chew through anything.
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1938371/81772991.jpg

miller-time
12-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Wild Boars, NA has a pretty impressive display of them. I know they were introduced to America but we're still claiming them. How do they stack up against the world?

Also, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but what about our croc's and alligators?? Pretty sure Africa beats them, right?

Just reminded myself, who gets the Komodo Dragon? Waiver wire?? NA calls dibs!

Australia has the largest crocodiles - and subsequently the largest reptiles.

Africa has second.

bmulls
12-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Wild Boars, NA has a pretty impressive display of them. I know they were introduced to America but we're still claiming them. How do they stack up against the world?

Also, I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but what about our croc's and alligators?? Pretty sure Africa beats them, right?

Just reminded myself, who gets the Komodo Dragon? Waiver wire?? NA calls dibs!

Wild Boars are just farm pigs that have gone wild for several generations. They are vicious animals, will eat anything including each other and are also smart as hell. A big boar could definitely hold it's own against most animals on the planet.

miller-time
12-04-2012, 01:56 AM
I did not know that. :cheers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_organisms

SevereUpInHere
12-04-2012, 02:04 AM
I did not know that. :cheers:

2 fatal attacks in the last couple of weeks!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fmcK29Q0-SM/UHaBKgGXcRI/AAAAAAAAK1Q/cTpRiC_FGOY/s400/big+croc.jpg

We've got the snake game pretty good too, although Asia have a good mix of big Boas and cobras. Here's a list of the 10 most venomous snakes ('scuse the formatting)

Most venomous land snakes (Ernst and Zug et al. 1996)[9]
Snake Region SC LD50
Inland taipan Australia 0.025 mg/kg
Eastern brown snake Australia 0.0365 mg/kg
Coastal taipan Australia, New Guinea 0.106 mg/kg
Many-banded krait China, Taiwan, Burma, Laos, Vietnam 0.108 mg/kg
Peninsula tiger snake Australia 0.131 mg/kg
Saw-scaled viper Asia; Indian subcontinent 0.151 mg/kg
Black Mamba Sub-Saharan Africa 0.185 mg/kg
Western tiger snake Australia 0.194 mg/kg
Eastern coral snake Northeast Mexico, southeast U.S. 0.196 mg/kg
Philippine cobra Philippines 0.20 mg/kg

I'm going to have to go with Africa overall.

We've had 5 fatal Great White Shark attacks in my state this year too :( They're worldwide but seem to be here an awful lot lately.

ClutchOver9000
12-04-2012, 02:04 AM
I'd say Africa followed by North America. Australia is 3rd, its versatile but its fauna doesnt pack as big a punch as the other two.

SevereUpInHere
12-04-2012, 02:15 AM
I'd say Africa followed by North America. Australia is 3rd, its versatile but its fauna doesnt pack as big a punch as the other two.

We've probably got more deadly animals, but they're smaller and not as impressive as a tiger or bear. The croc is pretty terrifying though.

http://www.originalbuzz.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/crocodile-cage-diving.jpg

I'm hanging to go try this out in Darwin

pauk
12-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Africa by extremly far... and you forgot to list its coolest predator with the nastiest biteforce of any land animal on earth, the Spotted Hyena.......

miller-time
12-04-2012, 02:20 AM
Lions are way cooler than crocs anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lZIom_yErk

king of the jungle!

G-train
12-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Personally I'd go:

Africa
Asia
South America
Australia
NA

SevereUpInHere
12-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Word to the Wedge Tailed Eagle, our biggest and most impressive bird also

http://www.abc.net.au/storm/nino/img/el75a.jpg

brandonislegend
12-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Personally I'd go:

Africa
Asia
South America
Australia
USA

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

G-train
12-04-2012, 02:30 AM
:rolleyes:

http://www.endzonedancers.net/wp-content/uploads/cmonman.jpeg

North America, whatever.

Don't find its animal life anywhere near the ones above it to be honest.

G-train
12-04-2012, 02:31 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Simple minds are easily entertained.

pauk
12-04-2012, 02:37 AM

Spotted Hyenas, especially a fully grown 200 lbs matriarch Female Spotted Hyena would eat a wolf & especially a dingo for breakfast my man... and Hyenas are not canines, they are more closer related to cats, but they are actually completely their own species of the family called "Hyaenidae/Crocuta".....

They are the last on earth of its family and a group of the smallest "Hyaenidae" ever (the Aardwolf, Brown & Stripped Hyena are smallest, Spotted is biggest today and much more dangerous)....

Smallest? Yep, even the latest extinct Hyena called the Dino Crocuta was said to be like at least 5 times bigger... said to weigh up to 1000 lbs and have a biteforce of over 10000 lbs of pressure, they used to eat Lions and so on like candybars.... damn lucky those Crocutas aka. Hyenas dont exist today lol:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-q7R96R_6V6g/Ttxcb9UWBoI/AAAAAAAAAgc/V_giGycPBa4/s1600/D+gigantea.jpg

brandonislegend
12-04-2012, 03:58 AM
He negged me for him being an idiot, gotta love it.

miller-time
12-04-2012, 04:00 AM
He negged me for him being an idiot, gotta love it.

You could have just corrected him, instead of laughing at him?

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Biggest Animal Overall
- African Elephant
- Giraffe
- Blue Whale
- - Rhino?

Most Fearsome Predator
- Orca
- Polar Bear
- Lion
- Siberan Tiger
-

Fastest/Fittest Prey
1. Gazelle
2. Javelina (can put up a fight)
3. Pronghorn Antelope
4. Okapi
5. Wildebeest

Little Badass
1. Honey Badgr
2. Wolverine
3. Tassy Devil
4. Hyurax

Sexiest Bird of Prey
1. Peregrine Falcon
2. Harpy Eagle
3. Red Tailed Hawk
4. Threshel
5 Osprey
6. Great Owl

Most Suffocating Constrictor
1. Reticulated Python (longest)

Most Venomous Snake
4. Hyderabadi Sea Snake
5. Gaboon Viper

Coolest Lizard
GILA MONSTE
Komod dragon
bearded dragon
Horny Lizrd

Best amphibians
Poison Dart Frog
Bullfrog
that frogthat has babies coming out of its back
fire salamander
horny toad

TheMan
12-04-2012, 01:51 PM
So white people basically killed off all their wild animals in Europe?

TaLvsCuaL
12-04-2012, 02:00 PM
And probably neanderthals too, no kidding.

TheMan
12-04-2012, 02:04 PM
And probably neanderthals too, no kidding.
Wow, they don't fvck around:lol

goldenryan
12-04-2012, 03:13 PM
the African Elephant has to be one of the coolest animals in the world.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lXmX0b1mke0/TmqUN6FrizI/AAAAAAAAAFk/Ays14s02NK4/s1600/Elephant+Bull+in+Dust+Lgt.jpg
What always bugged me is how in every Tarzan movie there is an elephant:facepalm Elephants live in grasslands or plains, they would get stuck between the trees in the forest:hammerhead:

jbot
12-04-2012, 10:47 PM
galapagos islands, whatever continent would be associated with it (south america?).

huge tortoises, marine iguanas and tons of boobies!

miller-time
12-04-2012, 11:00 PM

they still have plenty of wild animals including wolves, brown bears, lynxes, and foxes.

they just don't really have any especially unique large animals.

even if you look at the extinct animals http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinct_animals_of_Europe there isn't too much there. most of them are just variations of their african cousins.

B-Low
12-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Jesus, those teeth...they can chew through anything.
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1938371/81772991.jpg

I was watching a Hyena documentary that said their jaws/teeth are so strong they can bite a brick in half

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-04-2012, 11:19 PM
I was watching a Hyena documentary that said their jaws/teeth are so strong they can bite a brick in half

1100 PSI.

That's a big, sharp canine tooth applying about 60% of the pressure as Drago's strongest jab for a LONG AZz TIME.

And pitbulls have "jawlock" at 250 pounds PSI :oldlol:

bdreason
12-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Africa fo sho.