PDA

View Full Version : Which Continent Has The Best Food

Solidape
12-05-2012, 04:57 AM
I am gonna borrow from the thread about animals and replace it with food. Now I do not profess to be a know it all .......so please folks, add to the list to make your case, here is my $0.02

(ps. Do not include Antarctica please)

#1 Asia - No Contest
Too many good cuisines, Thai, Chinese, Indian/Pakistani, Vietnamese, Japanese, Malaysian, Korean.....the list goes on and on and on

#2 South/Central America

#3 African

#4 North America (Mexico pulling its weight and then some)

#5 Europe

#6 Australia (gotta be right?)

Let the bragging rights begin, feel free to use photos of the dishes to make your cases.

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Asian and European foods are eons above everything else.

And yes I like Injara Bread and arroz con pollo.

Still..
Italy Spain Greece Lebanon Japan China Korea India Vietnam Austria France. Is this a fukking joke? This is the Dream Team.

maybeshewill13
12-05-2012, 05:01 AM
I am gonna borrow from the thread about animals and replace it with food. Now I do not profess to be a know it all .......so please folks, add to the list to make your case, here is my $0.02

#1 Asia - No Contest
Too many good cuisines, Thai, Chinese, Indian/Pakistani, Vietnamese, Japanese, Malaysian, Korean.....the list goes on and on and on

#2 South/Central America

#3 African

#5 Europe

Let the bragging rights begin, feel free to use photos of the dishes to make your cases.

I'm from Australia and I don't even know what constitutes as "Australian food"? Vegemite? Shrimp on the barbie (even though we call them prawns, not shrimps..)?

I'm going with Asian. Thai is possibly my favorite non-dessert food, I also love Indian.. though I think Chinese is hugely overrated. Europe is next because of Italian.

Solidape
12-05-2012, 05:04 AM

#1 Asia - No Contest

#2 South/Central America

#3 African

#5 Europe

Upon further review I think I will re-rate as such

#1 Asia - No Contest

#2 Europe

#3 North America (Mexico pulling its weight and then some + bias points)

#4 Africa

#5 South America

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-05-2012, 05:08 AM
what's north american food?

Poutine
Burgers
Hot Dogs
Various Packaged Goods
Oreos
Ice Cream
American Chinese FOod
American Italian Food
Tex-Mex
Mac and Cheese
Quesadillas
Carolina BBQ
Soul FOod
Clam Chowder New England
California Pizza
Bison Burger
Maine Lobster
San Francisco BreadBowls
Fajitas
Tacos
Empanadas
Everything on Diners Drive Ins and Dives
Burritos

Not bad really.

Solidape
12-05-2012, 05:09 AM

Mexico carries a lot of weight for North America, Mexican food is one of the GOATS!!!

USA gives us good ol southern BBQ and soul cookin.

GatorKid117
12-05-2012, 05:09 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Chinese food. Pretty much for the fact that all of their meat has bones it. Its awful.

Legend of Josh
12-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Penguin makes for a superb dish when combined with giant squid (known to roam in the freezing waters of the Southern Ocean). Once upon a magical time in the long long ago, Eskimos inhabited the dark continent (and no, the dark continent is not Africa), also known as Antarctica.

So before everyone jumps the gun and says Asia or Europe (which are obvious second and third choices, respectively) - let us not forget penguin is not only rich in protein, but taste as well.

To be fair, Antarctica deserves its place at the dinner table (pun-intended).

Legend of Josh
12-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Poutine
Burgers
Hot Dogs
Various Packaged Goods
Oreos
Ice Cream
American Chinese FOod
American Italian Food
Tex-Mex
Mac and Cheese
Quesadillas
Carolina BBQ
Soul FOod
Clam Chowder New England
California Pizza
Bison Burger
Maine Lobster
San Francisco BreadBowls
Fajitas
Tacos
Empanadas
Everything on Diners Drive Ins and Dives
Burritos

Not bad really.

http://rq87.flyingomelette.com/RQ/Sil/SILLYbisonsad.PNG

Pease, peeze people, don't eat me.

JohnnySic
12-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Europe easily (Italy, Greece, France, Spain, etc). North American #2.

Asian food is generally gross.

Legend of Josh
12-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Europe easily (Italy, Greece, France, Spain, etc). North American #2.

Asian foood is generally gross.

I see what you did there, general. General Tso.

http://www.funnyandjokes.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/chinese-fortune-cookie.jpg

NotYetGreat
12-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Overall, Asia takes the cake. Too diverse when it comes to the ingredients and tastes they can bring to he table for others to even contest, in my opinion. Plus they can make the simplest stuff taste AMAZING. European comes 2nd for me,then all the others can duke it out. :oldlol:

Legend of Josh
12-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Overall, Asia takes the cake. Too diverse when it comes to the ingredients and tastes they can bring to he table for others to even contest, in my opinion. Plus they can make the simplest stuff taste AMAZING. European comes 2nd for me,then all the others can duke it out. :oldlol:

Dook it out. Get it? Dook-it-out.

http://www.teamjimmyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Bad-Hair-Taking-a-dump.jpg

TaLvsCuaL
12-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Mediterranean is the best in my opinion.

Legend of Josh
12-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Mediterranean is the best in my opinion.

Mediterranean is a good choice. One of my favorite continents.

:rolleyes:

TaLvsCuaL
12-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Mediterranean is a good choice. One of my favorite continents.

:rolleyes:
The European side is good enough.

pauk
12-05-2012, 12:44 PM
South Europe / Mediterranean >>>>

rufuspaul
12-05-2012, 12:51 PM
I think the Mediterranean countries are considered European unless you're including Turkey.

I think it's a dead heat between European and Asian. My tastes tend more towards European but I do like Asian and Middle Eastern/African as well.

Legend of Josh
12-05-2012, 12:55 PM
The two posters above me ^ (above rufdawg actually)... if you're from that region of the world, naturally you'll be biased. Obvious homer pick. You didn't see me pick North America. I picked the dark continent. BTW, what's so great about this Mediterranean cuisine? What's in that Mediterranean waters that got people giving such high praise? Must be some tasty cooter swimming in them salty waters. The Mediterranean has a unique PH level compared to many other seas and oceans of the world. Hell, if it's salt you want... just dump this shit on your meal.

http://www.texasbobsworld.com/morton_salt%20girl.jpg

Problem solved.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/775545/thumbs/r-KID-SALT-INTAKE-large570.jpg

"I LOVE salt!"

:facepalm

pauk
12-05-2012, 01:17 PM
The two posters above me ^ (above rufdawg actually)... if you're from that region of the world, naturally you'll be biased. Obvious homer pick. You didn't see me pick North America. I picked the dark continent. BTW, what's so great about this Mediterranean cuisine? What's in that Mediterranean waters that got people giving such high praise? Must be some tasty cooter swimming in them salty waters. The Mediterranean has a unique PH level compared to many other seas and oceans of the world. Hell, if it's salt you want... just dump this shit on your meal.

Problem solved.

"I LOVE salt!"

Well yea im from Bosnia/Croatia (south europe), im trying not to be biased... have tried it all, lived in Germany & Denmark, traveled all across Europe, last time i was in Paris the voted best restaurants funny enough consist of mostly South European dishes... Austria has nice food aswell and Norway has some nice fish dishes (Salmon, my favorite fish, has the biggest population there in Europe afterall) and some other countries have some nice food they are known for, but its just one dimensional.... overall its South Europe, trust me, vast versatility & originality, the food culture in South Europe is renowned in Europe ... and im just spoiled everyday with my south euro grandma :)

But i love asian food aswell!

TaLvsCuaL
12-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Problem solved.

"I LOVE salt!"

Maybe I'm biased but every opinion is biased. Nobody in the world can get rid of their prejudices, and their influences.

The Mediterranean cuisine is the healthiest in the world along with some Asians food.

It has an amazing variety, much more than any other. In my region there are thousands of different dishes, and every small town village has its own recipes, dishes, etc.

Also has the right balance of spice, not too spicy, not too spiceless.

Just2McFly
12-05-2012, 01:22 PM
It's simply impossible for me to compile a list since that signature dishes from all around the world have borrowed so much from each other. How do you even separate what from what?

Without trying to figuring out if a North American dish came from Asia or Africa, I would have to say they are underrated. You have plenty of Mexican dishes, the Caribbean and Canada and America's modern entries.

I wouldn't know where to start, honestly.

Stuckey
12-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Asian but I haven't tried much European food other than Greek and Italian

fiddy
12-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Gotta go wit European, asian doesnt fit my taste.

red1
12-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Would objectively have to go with asia because of the sheer variety. Personally would go with north america. Chicago syle pizza, good ol sirloin steak, philly cheese steak, spicy buffalo wings, steak poutine etc

pauk
12-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Asian but I haven't tried much European food other than Greek and Italian

Trying Greek food before Balkan (http://sassywire.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/balkans-map.gif) food or Turkish food is like seeing only Kobe first but not see Jordan... its great, but its a copycat poorer mans version of the best/original...

I think its a shame, because Greece is the most popular tourist place around here and so people will be basing their assumptions on actual stolen poor mans balkan/turkish food without trying the best (99.9% is stolen Balkan, Turkish and Middle-Eastern food).... what is worse is they put their own names on those foods.. Tzatziki, Moussaka, Aginaro and so on... :facepalm

-p.tiddy-
12-05-2012, 01:46 PM
every food type in close to authentic form can be found in North America

KevinNYC
12-05-2012, 03:20 PM
I think the Mediterranean countries are considered European unless you're including Turkey.

I think it's a dead heat between European and Asian. My tastes tend more towards European but I do like Asian and Middle Eastern/African as well.

Lebanon, Egypt, Syria, etc are Mediterranean. This is why you see a lot similarity between Greek, Turkish and Lebanese food.

I remember during the Iraq War, a Middle East expert was explaining that to understand Iraqi culture, you have to understand Mediterranean honor cultures like in Sicily. This is why before we went to a counterinsurgency posture our tactics were counter-productive. Iragis have a similar sense of honor where you have a vendetta to restore your families honor, so we were making enemies since any mistake we made was then magnified by the victim's family turned against us.

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-05-2012, 04:15 PM
:oldlol: Greek food is most definitely better than Balkan food.

pauk u fukkin delusional nutcase 40% of my colleagues heil from kosovo yugoslavia albania bosnia romania, and WOW ZOMG cevapi and burek HOW UTTERLY OUT OF dis world. Not.

Greece got more good schtuff.

Brunch@Five
12-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Easily Europe. Most versatility, biggest innovator, lots of tradition. It's also underrated in so far that the regional traditional meals are unknown to most but usually extremely delicious.

ihoopallday
12-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Took a family vacation to Africa. Mombasa, Kenya to be exact. African food is the best food I've ever ate. Especially the meat. Everything I ate was very delicious.

-p.tiddy-
12-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Took a family vacation to Africa. Mombasa, Kenya to be exact. African food is the best food I've ever ate. Especially the meat. Everything I ate was very delicious.
eh, not a fan of Ethiopian food

everything is spicy goop that you put on that sponge bread ("injera" I think?)

It's okay I guess, but if I had to eat that every day I would get sick of it real quick...

Just2McFly
12-05-2012, 08:05 PM
eh, not a fan of Ethiopian food

everything is spicy goop that you put on that sponge bread ("injera" I think?)

It's okay I guess, but if I had to eat that every day I would get sick of it real quick...
You n*ggas realize that Africa is a continent with 50+ countries right?

-p.tiddy-
12-05-2012, 08:08 PM
You n*ggas realize that Africa is a continent with 50+ countries right?
damn I thought all of Africa was Eithiopia...interesting shit McFly, thx

Scoooter
12-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Europe and the Greater Mediterranean takes the cake I think.

Just2McFly
12-05-2012, 08:18 PM
The way you responded made it seem that way.

-p.tiddy-
12-05-2012, 08:39 PM
The way you responded made it seem that way.
no it didn't

he said he went "to Africa. Mombasa, Kenya to be exact." and then I made a comment about Ethiopian food which happens to also be in Africa

LT Ice Cream
12-05-2012, 08:41 PM
1. Asia: Sushi, Korean BBQ, pho, fried rice, Thai, curry, etc.
2. Mideast: Shawarma, falafel, hummus, kabobs, etc.
3. North American: Burgers, fried chicken, burritos/tacos, soul food
4. European: Worst in my opinion except for Italian. When I travelled Europe it was all sausages in Germany/Switzerland and ham and cheese in France. England doesn't even have a cuisine. Italy had fun and interesting food though.

BankShot
12-05-2012, 08:48 PM

There's traditional southern barbecue and soul food, as well as distinct regional food styles in areas like the Southwest, the Northeast, and California. Also Mexico has its own wide variety of food styles and traditions.

Just2McFly
12-05-2012, 08:53 PM
no it didn't

he said he went "to Africa. Mombasa, Kenya to be exact." and then I made a comment about Ethiopian food which happens to also be in Africa
I'm gonna sit here and pretend that the plural version of n*gga excludes the possibility of me addressing you and him at once.

lefthook00
12-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Probably Asia, but if I had to pick one country, I would have to say American. You just can't beat an American diner breakfast or southern comfort food or Thanksgiving. Those three, along with CEREAL(one of my favorite foods of all time) can go up against anything else in the world.

lefthook00
12-06-2012, 12:22 AM

pauk u fukkin delusional nutcase 40% of my colleagues heil from kosovo yugoslavia albania bosnia romania, and WOW ZOMG cevapi and burek HOW UTTERLY OUT OF dis world. Not.

Greek, and Mediterranean seafood in general is underrated.

c3z4r
12-06-2012, 12:47 AM

Not sure why you would lump Romania with those countries or with Balkan food specifically, but I'm not surprised, your credibility was shattered when you said you are a zoology major and yet compared grey wolves and dingoes with hyenas and saying they were all canines.

Myth
12-06-2012, 01:17 AM

#1 Asia - No Contest

#2 South/Central America

#3 African

#5 Europe

North America has all of those foods, so do they count as tied with #1 with other countries that also have all of them?

SevereUpInHere
12-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Asian, obviously.

Modern cuisine in Oceania region is probably the worst in the world since it is based around this.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-j291Y0vD0nI/T96G0b8A5XI/AAAAAAAAE5E/WYGTbr8IAWQ/s1600/Spam.jpg

LOL what? Noone in Australia eats Spam.

I can't decide between Asian and Europe. Maybe slight edge to Asia since Indian is included.

Australia is dead last. We have a great mix of foods you can here in restaurants, but none of them are our own, we just haven't been around long enough as a (settled)country. Aboriginal food isn't very advanced (or particularly nice) Word to Wittchedy Grubs.

boozehound
12-06-2012, 04:09 PM
I am going to do this based on what was domesticated on each continent and its overall influence to world cuisine (as reflected by my tastes). Not considering things like fruit trees, but basic staples and key flavors.

Americas (lumping them all, as mesoamerica is classes as N Am in some disciplines and not in others)

maize
beans
squash (including pumpkins)
tomatoes
peppers (imagine thai or indian food without peppers)
potatoes
quinoa
cassava
peanut
sunflower
strawberry

Asia (excluding the middle east)
Rice
soy beans
sugarcane
onions (we will give them to you even though wild onions are cosmopolitan)

Africa
Sorghum
Millet
Red rice
melons (really shared with the levant)

Levant (middle east)
wheat
rye
barley
oats
grapes
lettuce

Europe
Sugarbeets

Basically I would argue that the middleeast wins, simply because almost all of the booze I like is derived from grape sugars or barley/rye starches. Hard to argue with the impact of american domesticates on other cuisines though. Imagine ireland without the potato, lots of italian regions without the tomato, africa without maize and manioc, etc.

boozehound
12-06-2012, 04:13 PM
oh yeah, forgot about vanilla and chocolate.

Eat Like A Bosh
12-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Asia is #1 hands down.
#2 Europe
Everything else

Beebo
12-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Asian food >

miller-time
12-07-2012, 01:13 AM
1. Asia: Sushi, Korean BBQ, pho, fried rice, Thai, curry, etc.
2. Mideast: Shawarma, falafel, hummus, kabobs, etc.
3. North American: Burgers, fried chicken, burritos/tacos, soul food
4. European: Worst in my opinion except for Italian. When I travelled Europe it was all sausages in Germany/Switzerland and ham and cheese in France. England doesn't even have a cuisine. Italy had fun and interesting food though.

If your summation of french food is "ham and cheese" then you haven't had french food.

miller-time
12-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Australia is dead last. We have a great mix of foods you can here in restaurants, but none of them are our own, we just haven't been around long enough as a (settled)country. Aboriginal food isn't very advanced (or particularly nice) Word to Wittchedy Grubs.

We are last, but you can get some nice original things here. It is just very basic food - essentially throwing whatever regional meat you have on the BBQ such as fish or kangaroo.

Solidape
12-07-2012, 05:36 AM
LOL what? Noone in Australia eats Spam.

I can't decide between Asian and Europe. Maybe slight edge to Asia since Indian is included.

Just what is aboriginal food anyways, there's gotta be something that tastes good, if there is one thing people have in common, its stuff that tastes good!

embersyc
12-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Most of the "Asian food" around these parts I'm sure is nothing close to authentic. So I say what most of us consider "Chinese" or "Thai" food is largely an American phenomenon and should really be considered North American food.

miller-time
12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Just what is aboriginal food anyways, there's gotta be something that tastes good, if there is one thing people have in common, its stuff that tastes good!

Usually their food is described as "bush tucker," so essentially it is whatever you can find or hunt and prepare in the bush. They probably have some decent food, but it doesn't seem like things you would order in a restaurant.

GatorKid117
12-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Most of the "Asian food" around these parts I'm sure is nothing close to authentic. So I say what most of us consider "Chinese" or "Thai" food is largely an American phenomenon and should really be considered North American food.

Very true. I wonder how many people have actually had real Chinese food. Its nothing like in America, except for Sweet and Sour pork that is. Just had some.... delicious.

Legend of Josh
12-08-2012, 12:25 PM

That culturally "I can't think beyond a 50 mile radius" mindset illuminates more than Bank of America Plaza.

http://static.flickr.com/4132/4976003436_00a6791b91.jpg

LOL, I'm just messing with you PT. I'm pretty sure you were being sarcastic in your post.

:oldlol:

I would be a bit worried if you were being serious though; almost as worried as we all should be for an adult living a little boy's (well, more like your typical small town white trash HS slut dropout aspiring to walk the red carpet *SNAP! SNAP! SNAPSNAP!* blinded by the flashing lights, signing autographs and later limo driver punches the gas to outrun the Paparazzi) dream. The only issue is, dude isn't a little boi, he's approaching 40.

It's my understanding you're a somewhat successful graphic gaming artist which is actually pretty cool; a highly desired type career for many of those interested in working in the "entertainment" industry; whether it's the medium of gaming, television, film or whatever. To each their own, but I give you props for recognizing your LEGIT talents and capitalizing accordingly. Whereas there's others who's personal assessment of themselves is unrealistic, as they relentlessly chase a pipe dream.

:hammerhead:

Solidape
12-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Very true. I wonder how many people have actually had real Chinese food. Its nothing like in America, except for Sweet and Sour pork that is. Just had some.... delicious.

Real Chinese food is actually better than Sweet n Sour Chicken, or General Tso's chicken, etc.

Having said that, I tried stinky tofu and that is one dish I do not wish to try again.

andgar923
12-10-2012, 01:40 AM
I'll go with:

1. Asia

Solidape
12-10-2012, 02:40 AM
[QUOTE=andgar923]I'll go with:

1. Asia

LockoutOver11
12-10-2012, 02:56 AM
South American... because of Peru

the most diverse cuisine ever.

Pasta, Fish, Meat. Vegetables, Potatoes, Soups, shits I can't even explain....

second Europe because of Italy.

andgar923
12-10-2012, 03:16 AM
South American... because of Peru

the most diverse cuisine ever.

Pasta, Fish, Meat. Vegetables, Potatoes, Soups, shits I can't even explain....

second Europe because of Italy.
Kinda unfair of me, but I've tried Peruvian food on two occasions and I wasn't wowed. Naturally, I'm not wowed by Mexican food found here on the states either (and I'm from L.A.). A Peruvian co-worker recommended a restaurant which she said was good, and it was just okay. I have heard good things about Peruvian cuisine's diversity, I'll have to investigate more, perhaps visit Peru to taste authentic Peruvian cuisine.

On that note, I've tried various French plates (don't ask me any names). I tried a few here in L.A. but wasn't really impressed (actually disappointed) considering how highly French cuisine is usually hailed (it is usually hailed as THE best in the world). I went to Old Quebec in my honeymoon, I figured they'd have something closer to authentic French food (or as authentic as one can get) and while good, still not worth the hype. I'm sure the technical skills and complexity is crazy, but at the end of the day what matter is 'taste'. I guess I need more spices and some heat. I want my taste buds to go in all directions and to be challenged, I want them to be blown up by all of the different flavors.

Instead it was just solid.

Perhaps my palette isn't refined to appreciate the texture, the technique, etc.etc. But I get blown away by other foods instantly. Was blown away by a simple Korean dish my mom brought from a downtown L.A. cart vendor. Was blown away by a simple Indian wrap I had in a small INdian restaurant located in a Byward Street market in Ottawa.:confusedshrug:

miller-time
12-10-2012, 04:36 AM
On that note, I've tried various French plates (don't ask me any names). I tried a few here in L.A. but wasn't really impressed (actually disappointed) considering how highly French cuisine is usually hailed (it is usually hailed as THE best in the world). I went to Old Quebec in my honeymoon, I figured they'd have something closer to authentic French food (or as authentic as one can get) and while good, still not worth the hype. I'm sure the technical skills and complexity is crazy, but at the end of the day what matter is 'taste'. I guess I need more spices and some heat. I want my taste buds to go in all directions and to be challenged, I want them to be blown up by all of the different flavors.

I honestly can't give high enough praise for French food. I don't know what you had or who was cooking it, but when you get that one dish that is perfect you will see. One of my parents friends is Austrian but he is a French trained chef, and my god, the food he makes is out of this world. I've told my parents "whenever he invites you over for dinner you are taking me with you." When I was in Paris it was much the same, I think part of the reason the quality is so good is because of the level of competition in the city (but that isn't just for French food, the best Italian I've ever had was also in Paris). But like any other food isn't immune to being cooked poorly.

Off the top of my head I would have to say I haven't encountered any spicy dishes and I will give you that (and sometimes you just need that kick). But overall quality French food trumps everything for me.

Lebron23
04-30-2016, 02:37 AM
My Lunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyqozPz5HTQ

aj1987
05-02-2016, 07:20 AM
How is this even a contest? Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, etc.. Asia >>>>>>>>>>

1. Asia

2. Europe

Everything else.

NBAplayoffs2001
05-02-2016, 09:11 PM
#1 North America - I like my big portions. You have a ton of ethnic restaurants all over the United States. Amazing Italian food places, halal food, and world famous steakhouses. Yes, I like to eat 2000 calorie dinners when I go out sometimes :cheers:. Typical 'Murican.

#2 Europe - I've had amazing Meditteranean food in Turkey/Greece. Switzerland food is pretty solid. UK food was surprisingly delicious in terms of ethnic food. Best Indian food I've ever had in my life was a small restaurant in London (I've been to a lot of Indian restaurants). Spanish food is horrible though. I love the country but can't stand the food. I've heard German food is amazing along with Italian of course. I've been to France and it was solid but not amazing.

#3 Asia - Not a big fan of the Indian food I had there. Not sure if you would consider Dubai in Asia, food there was OK. Nothing mind blowing but maybe a tad bit lower than Turkey for me. They have some great Lebanese food in the city though.

#4 South/Central America - Have only been to Mexico and I had mostly resort food. It was solid but way too fried/oily for my tasting. Going to Brazil in the summer, maybe this ranking gets bumped.

#56/7 Africa,Australia,Antartica - Never been there.

KyrieTheFuture
05-02-2016, 10:02 PM
#1 North America - I like my big portions. You have a ton of ethnic restaurants all over the United States. Amazing Italian food places, halal food, and world famous steakhouses. Yes, I like to eat 2000 calorie dinners when I go out sometimes :cheers:. Typical 'Murican.

#2 Europe - I've had amazing Meditteranean food in Turkey/Greece. Switzerland food is pretty solid. UK food was surprisingly delicious in terms of ethnic food. Best Indian food I've ever had in my life was a small restaurant in London (I've been to a lot of Indian restaurants). Spanish food is horrible though. I love the country but can't stand the food. I've heard German food is amazing along with Italian of course. I've been to France and it was solid but not amazing.

#3 Asia - Not a big fan of the Indian food I had there. Not sure if you would consider Dubai in Asia, food there was OK. Nothing mind blowing but maybe a tad bit lower than Turkey for me. They have some great Lebanese food in the city though.

#4 South/Central America - Have only been to Mexico and I had mostly resort food. It was solid but way too fried/oily for my tasting. Going to Brazil in the summer, maybe this ranking gets bumped.

#56/7 Africa,Australia,Antartica - Never been there.

This dude just listed Halal and Italian food under North America

plowking
05-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Asian and European, particularly Mediterranean food are a standout for me.

Asian food is a bit carb heavy for me at times, while European is filled with meats and veggies on a fairly consistent basis, which I love.

G-train
05-02-2016, 11:09 PM
1. Australia

Why? Australia is filled with Asians, Europeans, Africans.... and I can go eat the best culture depending on what I feel like.

:)

dazzer87
05-02-2016, 11:12 PM
1. Australia

Why? Australia is filled with Asians, Europeans, Africans.... and I can go eat the best culture depending on what I feel like.

:)
Australia? I was there and the Asian food was trash.......Southern Cali best food >>>>>

Draz
05-02-2016, 11:13 PM
America/New York - Where you get all the cultures food all in ONE <3 No travel, no nothing!

highwhey
05-02-2016, 11:19 PM
America/New York - Where you get all the cultures food all in ONE <3 No travel, no nothing!
*Warning*
This man has not traveled the world. The farthest he's gone is a couple blocks to get some crappy weed. This is not exploring.

yobore
05-02-2016, 11:24 PM

Mediterranean has the dominant food all the way around. France/Italy/Greece/Lebanon is all good but my favorite is actually the N. African part. Can't beat couscous and tagines IMO.

NBAplayoffs2001
05-02-2016, 11:24 PM

Been all over the world. NYC > everything else. It honestly isn't even close.

Draz
05-02-2016, 11:28 PM
*Warning*
This man has not traveled the world. The farthest he's gone is a couple blocks to get some crappy weed. This is not exploring.
Btch, why don't you marry me so I can go around the world :lol

Draz
05-02-2016, 11:31 PM
Mfer don't even know one NYC Manhattan block equivalent to 250 miles round trip to Africa and back

plowking
05-02-2016, 11:33 PM
I can't believe there are Americans in here claiming they have the best food. :oldlol:

For me, visiting there previously, the one thing I noticed was how sweet your food is. Do you guys pack sugar into your steaks and meat too?

Draz
05-02-2016, 11:49 PM
I can't believe there are Americans in here claiming they have the best food. :oldlol:

For me, visiting there previously, the one thing I noticed was how sweet your food is. Do you guys pack sugar into your steaks and meat too?
There's sugar in EVERYTHING. I'm very consciously aware when drinking shit how much sugar is in it. I'm honestly staying away from soda forever. I'll start a time frame soon and count how long I've been away, that shit is deadly.

Dam carrot juice
48g of sugar

Btch that's 7 doctor pepper in one

highwhey
05-02-2016, 11:51 PM

That's just cause you Australians are so salty that anything with a hint of sweetness overloads your palets.

highwhey
05-02-2016, 11:52 PM
Btch, why don't you marry me so I can go around the world :lol
You couldn't handle me.

plowking
05-02-2016, 11:57 PM
That's just cause you Australians are so salty that anything with a hint of sweetness overloads your palets.

I love the food there. Everything is huge, and it is cool to stuff your face. But as far as the actually quality of food, it doesn't compare.
I'm talking about on average. I loved going to Taco Bell, Wendy's, and all that other junk you got over there, but travelling around Europe and seeing what they have to offer, it isn't really a contest.

I never claimed Aussie food is the best. We have a wide range of food here due to being multicultural, but it isn't top notch stuff compared to other countries I've eaten in. We're essentially like you guys, but we don't have as many fast food options, and are food isn't sweetened to the point where almost everything is a dessert. :oldlol:

The food in New Zealand, particularly the meat is a lot better than both Australia and America.

G-train
05-02-2016, 11:58 PM
Australia? I was there and the Asian food was trash.......Southern Cali best food >>>>>

Depends where you went. If you went to a good asian restaurant ran by asian people in Melbourne, then it's definitely not trash. If you went to a trash trash hole in regional Australia ran by rednecks, then it was probably trash.

G-train
05-03-2016, 12:02 AM
Been all over the world. NYC > everything else. It honestly isn't even close.

I've been all over the world and I thought all the major cities in USA weren't anything too special.
Including New York.

No city in USA was as good as Melbourne for mine.
Like most things American, pretty hyped up.

I would say Vegas was my best city experience there. Something different.

NBAplayoffs2001
05-03-2016, 12:04 AM
I've been all over the world and I thought all the major cities in USA weren't anything too special.
Including New York.

No city in USA was as good as Melbourne for mine.
Like most things American, pretty hyped up.

I would say Vegas was my best city experience there. Something different.

I can't say anything about Australia since I haven't been there. NYC has all cuisines and it's subjective taste. If you're a vegetarian, I can't imagine NYC being as fun for example.

LootOP
05-03-2016, 01:51 AM
Of course Europe. Most varied and boasts both the Italian nd French (heavily based on Italian though).

Also anywhere in the world you'll find a host of fine Italian and French restaurants, and most culinary developments come from these spots.

Hawker
05-03-2016, 02:06 AM
Australia has fantastic asian food but everything else is pretty meh. Melbourne/Adelaide is probably pretty legit though.

They are going through an American food craze at the moment though...wings, bbq, new york pizza, craft beer, burgers.

Some of it is quite good but some of it is ridiculous and an absolute bastardization.

Europe has the best in my opinion with asia behind it.

Nick Young
05-03-2016, 02:11 AM
I'd say South America. Peruvian is probably the best cuisine in the world IMO.

JohnnySic
05-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Europe. Italian, Greek, French >