PDA

View Full Version : Marc Stein: Wolves offer Pekovic+Derrick Williams Package for Pau

Rekindled
12-06-2012, 12:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8719587/los-angeles-lakers-rebuffing-trade-inquiries-pau-gasol

lakers are unwilling to trade Pau for that package atm. Lakers no.1 target accodring to article is Ryan Anderson(who I have been telling you guys all along).

Teanett
12-06-2012, 12:31 PM
why would anyone do that?
one great player for three borderline scrubs...

hawkfan
12-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Ryan Anderson untouchable? That's a joke.
Decent player, but way, way overpaid.
Does Anderson get along with Howard?

Rekindled
12-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Ryan Anderson untouchable? That's a joke.
Decent player, but way, way overpaid.
Does Anderson get along with Howard?

how is averaging 19/8 overpaid while he is only being paid 9m a year.

DukeDelonte13
12-06-2012, 12:37 PM
:oldlol: Derrick Williams had to have supsected he was being shopped for another white guy.

pegasus
12-06-2012, 12:38 PM
why would anyone do that?
one great player for three borderline scrubs...

:wtf:

Pau is far from being a great player. At this point, he is closer to being a scrub, IMO. Pekovic is a nice player, but I agree that the deal does not benefit the Lakers.

Euroleague
12-06-2012, 12:41 PM
A healthy Pekovic is a much better player to have long-term than a Pau Gasol with bad knees.........

La Frescobaldi
12-06-2012, 12:42 PM
A healthy Pekovic is a much better player to have long-term than a Pau Gasol with bad knees.........

I hate almost every post I ever saw from you, hateful, spiteful, loathsome things to read and it seems to be getting worse. But this is true.

hawkfan
12-06-2012, 12:44 PM
how is averaging 19/8 overpaid while he is only being paid 9m a year.

Because the Hornets don't have anyone else.
Eric Gordon hasn't played one game, and Davis isn't a scorer.

Anderson is a good player, but Gasol is far better.
But Anderson has youth on his side, which Gasol doesn't have.

I get why the Hornets wouldn't want to trade him - he's young, they are building a locker room culture with young guys, he's happy there, he's a good fit long term team-wise and skill-wise.

But to call him untouchable is a joke.

Gasol is a better fit in Minnesota. If I were Minny, no way would I trade Pekovic. No way.

The Lakers are probably going to have to bite the bullet and keep Gasol for the next 2 years.

Rekindled
12-06-2012, 12:44 PM

I get why the Hornets wouldn't want to trade him - he's young, they are building a locker room culture with young guys, he's happy there, he's a good fit long term team-wise and skill-wise.

Gasol is a better fit in Minnesota. If I were Minny, no way would I trade Pekovic. No way.

The Lakers are probably going to have to bite the bullet and keep Gasol for the next 2 years.

but you arent minny, and minny IS offering Pekovic

alenleomessi
12-06-2012, 12:46 PM
I hate almost every post I ever saw from you, hateful, spiteful, loathsome things to read and it seems to be getting worse. But this is true.
i agree

hawkfan
12-06-2012, 12:57 PM
but you arent minny, and minny IS offering Pekovic

Pekovic and Howard - rebounding-wise, best in the league. And interior defense - forget about it.

If I were the Lakers, I would jump on that immediately.

Plus Pekovic is young.

Rekindled
12-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Pekovic and Howard - rebounding-wise, best in the league. And interior defense - forget about it.

Plus Pekovic is young.

pekovic doesnt shoot 3s thou, dantoni wouldnt play him

InspiredLebowski
12-06-2012, 01:01 PM
So what, LA'd play Howard at the 4? It's decent value for Pau at this point, but the pieces don't fit.

andremiller07
12-06-2012, 01:02 PM

Plus Pekovic is young.

Thing with Pek is he even less fits the system for Mike D and while he is the best bursier in the NBA he doesn't even the shot or passing of Gasol, but than again Pek and a former #2 draft pick more than works for the Lakers but imo does nothing to make the Twolves better.

hawkfan
12-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Thing with Pek is he even less fits the system for Mike D and while he is the best bursier in the NBA he doesn't even the shot or passing of Gasol, but than again Pek and a former #2 draft pick more than works for the Lakers but imo does nothing to make the Twolves better.

Trade for Pek and then fire MDA.
Hire a more defensive mind coach - Kobe Bryant.

andremiller07
12-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Trade for Pek and then fire MDA.
Hire a more defensive mind coach - Kobe Bryant.

Than that more than works!

hawkfan
12-06-2012, 01:09 PM
The Hawks offered Josh Smith for the no. 2 overall pick (which turned out to be Derrick Williams), and the Wolves said no.

Otherwise, the Wolves would have Pekovic-Love-Smith-Rubio as a big 4.

Kahn messed that one up.

swi7ch
12-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Wolves giving up too much! :facepalm

Teanett
12-06-2012, 01:13 PM
first of all, i believe pau still has some left. after all he played great in the olympics. i dont get why he gets blamed when kobe plays like an idiot in deciding moments and howard cant shoot a free throw to save his life.
secondly, why do you want pek in d'antoni's system?

Rekindled
12-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Wolves giving up too much! :facepalm

apparently not enough since lakers arent willing to do it

Crown&Coke
12-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Would be kind of interesting to watch Williams in that fast paced offense, if the Lakers ever can become the fast paced offense.

But I think the Lakers would pass on that, unless they can find someone to move a good piece for Pek, which Im sure a ton of teams would covet.

Whoah10115
12-06-2012, 01:54 PM

Yes, but tell me what position he should be playing. No, let me tell you. He should be playing the same position Dwight should be playing. That's no good and no good for this offense.

Besides, the Lakers don't give a shit about long-term. Gasol is still a beast, just not with the current mentality. He should be traded. But if he isn't traded then it's because the Lakers are doing it for Kobe. And in that case, Gasol should do his friend the only service he can guarantee: play as hard as you can. If you suck, you suck, but stop playing the way you are.

Godzuki
12-06-2012, 02:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8719587/los-angeles-lakers-rebuffing-trade-inquiries-pau-gasol

lakers are unwilling to trade Pau for that package atm. Lakers no.1 target accodring to article is Ryan Anderson(who I have been telling you guys all along).

wow seriously? i had no idea they were really pursuing Ryan Anderson at all, i was thinking he'd be perfect for them tho. its amazing if they really are since he'd fill in their weaknesses a lot and has a lot more range than Pau, only downside is they lose Pau's post passing and his size which is a big loss not having twin towers anymore. but Ryan Anderson is a really well rounded player imo. extremely underrated since i think a lot of people only think he can shoot 3's.

i like Pek, who knows with DWilliams, but they aren't worth Pau imo. i'm really surprised if they're going after Ryan Anderson tho, and if its true i have to give it up to Lakers management again for knowing their shit :applause:

Teanett
12-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Yes, but tell me what position he should be playing. No, let me tell you. He should be playing the same position Dwight should be playing. That's no good and no good for this offense.

Besides, the Lakers don't give a shit about long-term. Gasol is still a beast, just not with the current mentality. He should be traded. But if he isn't traded then it's because the Lakers are doing it for Kobe. And in that case, Gasol should do his friend the only service he can guarantee: play as hard as you can. If you suck, you suck, but stop playing the way you are.

i agree.

Whoah10115
12-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Ryan Anderson just had a great season playing next to Howard. Add that he's also a fit in D'Antoni's system...people are surprised that the Lakers would want him? It's not exactly a creative idea.

Teanett
12-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Ryan Anderson just had a great season playing next to Howard. Add that he's also a fit in D'Antoni's system...people are surprised that the Lakers would want him? It's not exactly a creative idea.

but lakers already have jamison. i dont think anderson is an upgrade over jamison. one player will not change this team.
and what happens if dwight leaves after the season? you're stuck with ryan fukkin anderson...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-06-2012, 02:12 PM
but lakers already have jamison. i dont think anderson is an upgrade over jamison. one player will not change this team.
and what happens if dwight leaves after the season? you're stuck with ryan fukkin anderson...

or freaking Andrea Bargnani...lol

thats why they need to trade for Josh Smith or Pau Milsap....both expiring...

Godzuki
12-06-2012, 02:13 PM

he's the best 3pt shooter in the league. he is at least average or above average in his low post finishing, low post defense, and most importantly is a smart player. he didn't even start for the Hornets and initially didn't always get a full 30+ min's either but they realized he's their best player.

Pau is so mentally weak its not even funny. dude makes all of these excuses for his poor play, and then after 2 days of rest and a kobe callout declares himself fully healthy :rolleyes:

altho i do agree with the Lakers approach to wait and see how Pau and Nash play together and if its not working out then trade his ass.

bluechox2
12-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Pau for gortat and beas

Godzuki
12-06-2012, 02:15 PM

lol he's a HUGE upgrade over Jamison. Jamison is so hit and miss game to game its not even funny. if you watched him in Cleveland last year jacking up 15+ shots a game you'd realize how wishy washy inconsistent his game is.

Ryan Anderson is a baller :bowdown: its not even close.

blablabla
12-06-2012, 02:17 PM
how would a pekovic howard front court work

Godzuki
12-06-2012, 02:21 PM

most people don't watch NO's play tho. i guess they might take notice from box scores and stats, but i'd be surprised if most people gave any credit to Ryan Anderson's game that haven't already. i don't think NO's has ever even gotten a game threads here on ISH unless it was based on the other team they played.

if anything a lot of people seem to give Ryan Anderson no respect thinking Dwight carried him.

La Frescobaldi
12-06-2012, 02:21 PM
or freaking Andrea Bargnani...lol

thats why they need to trade for Josh Smith or Pau Milsap....both expiring...
did you see hawk fan note about J Smith should have been lining up with Pekovic and Love? that would be pure ruination of the league tho

Nikola Pekovic in the lane? Here that is:

http://www.arounddublinblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/pleasanton-ca-demolition.jpg

Whole NBA would look like this after 1 game:

http://cdn.miragestudio7.com/wp-content/uploads2/2007/07/building_collapse_hutch_advertising_advertisement. jpg

Josh & K Love bombs............

http://www.rawa.org/temp/runews/data/upimages/blow_up_grapes.jpg

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-06-2012, 02:28 PM
did you see hawk fan note about J Smith should have been lining up with Pekovic and Love? that would be pure ruination of the league tho

Nikola Pekovic in the lane? Here that is:

http://www.arounddublinblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/pleasanton-ca-demolition.jpg

Whole NBA would look like this after 1 game:

http://cdn.miragestudio7.com/wp-content/uploads2/2007/07/building_collapse_hutch_advertising_advertisement. jpg

Josh & K Love bombs............

http://www.rawa.org/temp/runews/data/upimages/blow_up_grapes.jpg

Whatever makes you sleep at night

Teanett
12-06-2012, 02:34 PM
lol he's a HUGE upgrade over Jamison. Jamison is so hit and miss game to game its not even funny. if you watched him in Cleveland last year jacking up 15+ shots a game you'd realize how wishy washy inconsistent his game is.

Ryan Anderson is a baller :bowdown: its not even close.

eh, depends on the role. ryan anderson can play but what's his impact playing alongside kobe, dwight? does he get shots? what's hirs role? is he just another weapon for nash to work with? jamison is doing fine, shooting 48%. anderson is also shooting 48%...

SpecialQue
12-06-2012, 02:36 PM
I'd love this trade to go through. Pau would do great on that team, plus the Lakers would have a beast with Pek.

kurt_rambis
12-06-2012, 02:37 PM
i like pau on the lakers and hope they don't trade him

also pekovic mention gives me an excuse to post this

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zq6hyb.png

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I'd love this trade to go through. Pau would do great on that team, plus the Lakers would have a beast with Pek.

what the fcuk are you smoking? with Howard...where the fcuk are you planning to play Pek?

Euroleague
12-06-2012, 03:12 PM

I mean that Minny should not do that trade.

chazzy
12-06-2012, 03:15 PM
I would only do this if Pek can be flipped to another team for a great piece. He doesn't fit at all.

hawkfan
12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
I would only do this if Pek can be flipped to another team for a great piece. He doesn't fit at all.

Actually he does.
Howard-Pekovic-Peace play defense and rebound, while Bryant and Nash shoot away.

AirTupac
12-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Actually he does.
Howard-Pekovic-Peace play defense and rebound, while Bryant and Nash shoot away.

The paint is going to be clogged. Theres a reason why L.A is so keen on trying to find a stretch 4.

Fudge
12-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Pek and DWill? I'd do that in a heartbeat, whether Gasol adjusts to the system or not.

FireDavidKahn
12-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Pek and Nash would be like a slightly lesser version of Nash and Amar'e. Pek is right up there with any big in the league in running the Pick and Roll. Last year he was ranked as the second best big in pick and roll situations according to synergy stats.

Whoah10115
12-06-2012, 03:47 PM

Yeah but Anderson is playing like a beast. The very definition of stretch 4 and he still averages 8RPG, in under 33MPG. He's doing this next to Robin Lopez.

Jamison could start, but he could also be a backup. Anderson doesn't play a lot of minutes and Jamison could also grab minutes at the SF position. Also, Anderson is becoming a better defender.

Whoah10115
12-06-2012, 03:54 PM
I agree that Minnesota should not do this. It's not the worst thing that could happen to them, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it pan out for them. It wouldn't be my move tho.

Pekovic would be great on the Lakers if there is no Dwight. The issue is the two of them. It makes no sense for LA if they don't immediately flip Pekovic...which means they should just get other teams involved.

Even if Jamison was as good as Anderson (and I do think Jamison would be a very good starter on this team), he AND Anderson would be even better, as the Lakers would have depth and have minutes to spare between the two.

IGOTGAME
12-06-2012, 03:58 PM
If they could flip this for Josh Smith and Anthony Morrow/Kyle Korver I'd be interested as a Laker fan.

hawkfan
12-06-2012, 04:02 PM
If they could flip this for Josh Smith and Anthony Morrow/Kyle Korver I'd be interested as a Laker fan.

A 3 way deal? Josh and Morrow go to the Lakers, Pekovic and Williams and someone else comes to Atlanta, while Gasol heads to Minnesota.

Interesting. Very interesting.

La Frescobaldi
12-06-2012, 04:19 PM
A 3 way deal? Josh and Morrow go to the Lakers, Pekovic and Williams and someone else comes to Atlanta, while Gasol heads to Minnesota.

Interesting. Very interesting.

Wolves fan don't think that is interesting. Fact, it's like giving away the Tanqueray No. 10 so you can be pouring used oil into that martini glass.

Teanett
12-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Even if Jamison was as good as Anderson (and I do think Jamison would be a very good starter on this team), he AND Anderson would be even better, as the Lakers would have depth and have minutes to spare between the two.

but the topic at hand is jamison + anderson or jamison + gasol.
i dont see a substantial upgrade.

Whoah10115
12-06-2012, 04:40 PM
If you get a 4th involved to take Gasol (like the Bulls, for example) then you have a good deal. Horford and Pekovic is pretty damn solid. Tho Williams has to go to LA too, I think.

but the topic at hand is jamison + anderson or jamison + gasol.
i dont see a substantial upgrade.

Well, I don't think Gasol is playing well. He has to play much better for it not to be an upgrade.

Mostly, Gasol still should and still does carry a lot of value. The Lakers would have to get a 3rd team involved and they'd need to net back more than just Anderson.

Clifton
12-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Minnesota should up their offer and include one of their point guards. They have no use whatsoever for Ridnour, who is a good player, and would be a fine backup in LA, which needs a bench.

Rubio + Gasol + Love + AK would just be unbelievable. Too bad Roy didn't work out.

Rubio2Gasol
12-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I want to see the combo but I don't want the Wolves to mortage their future.

Nick Young
12-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Yeah but Anderson is playing like a beast. The very definition of stretch 4 and he still averages 8RPG, in under 33MPG. He's doing this next to Robin Lopez.

Jamison could start, but he could also be a backup. Anderson doesn't play a lot of minutes and Jamison could also grab minutes at the SF position. Also, Anderson is becoming a better defender.
BEAST?:roll: :roll: :roll:

CHUCKING SOFT SCRUB MORE LIKE

He is basically vladimir Radmonovic.

TryToBeUnbias
12-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Would Pek accept being a main factor off the bench? can't see him not being dealt if this goes down.

But the Lakers want to see how Nash plays with Gasol first.

Whoah10115
12-06-2012, 05:53 PM
BEAST?:roll: :roll: :roll:

CHUCKING SOFT SCRUB MORE LIKE

He is basically vladimir Radmonovic.

A little bit. Except he scores like 2.5PPG more than Radmanovic peaked per36...which he's peaking at this year for the Bulls, at 0.6MPG.

And last year he averaged more offensive rebounds per game than Radmanovic grabs defensive rebounds per game. And he averages 8RPG at 32.9MPG.

And he shoots in your face and not off standing on the perimeter waiting for Ray Allen and Kobe Bryant to scare other people into leaving him open.

Other than that, he's pretty much the same player. Oh, and 10% better from the line.

Cali Syndicate
12-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I agree that Minnesota should not do this. It's not the worst thing that could happen to them, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it pan out for them. It wouldn't be my move tho.

Pekovic would be great on the Lakers if there is no Dwight. The issue is the two of them. It makes no sense for LA if they don't immediately flip Pekovic...which means they should just get other teams involved.

And at the same time, pau would play much better without Dwight. The fact that Dwight clogging the lane is the main reason pau's production has dropped so much.

There was a reason why pau was such an effective player when he was mainly playing center from 08-10. The past three seasons including this one he's been relegated to a high post facilitator and spot up 15-18 jump shots. He's good enough where he can adapt to that role but to limit his game like that takes away from his other strengths such as his low post back to the basket and face up game.

barkleynash
12-06-2012, 09:19 PM
I think a three way trade is very possible with Toronto, minty and la with lots of players going in all directions.
Pau, Blake, maybe
Derek Williams, pekovic, ridnhour, maybe barea
Bargs, Calderon, fields, kleiza, Amir, Lucas

Between all those players, must be a way to make a nice three way trade

How bout la gets bargs, Fields, Lucas, barea
Toronto gets pekovic, Blake, Williams, ridnhour
Minny gets pau, Calderon, kleiza, Amir

Lowry,

Nick Young
12-06-2012, 09:20 PM
We holding out for Kevin love:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

GET IT DONE MITCH

B-Easy8
12-06-2012, 09:27 PM
As a Wolves fan I do not want this.

Pekovic is playing better than Gasol at the moment and he is younger, and then we add Williams as well. No thank you.