12-06-2012, 04:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW6ftQ7ukG0

from tv show in Taiwan

niko
12-06-2012, 05:31 PM
never mind...

b0bab0i
12-06-2012, 05:39 PM
The basketball must be racist, it won't go in the hoop for him. What racism has he faced that's a big deal? I got throw against walls and guns put in my face by cops who didn't like i was puerto rican. What happened to him? YOU SUCK! ASIANS CAN'T PLAY BALL! Poor dude. :facepalm

Didn't watch youtube vid, but he led Palo Alto to a DII California State championship over Mater Dei and still didn't get any D1 Scholarships. If he was black, pretty sure he would've been given a scholarship.

niko
12-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Didn't watch youtube vid, but he led Palo Alto to a DII California State championship over Mater Dei and still didn't get any D1 Scholarships. If he was black, pretty sure he would've been given a scholarship.

and 90% of the college teams until recently looked at these awesome black QB's and said "RB! TE! NOT A QB! YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE A LEADER!"

When i think hurt by racism it's not what comes to mind to me first. I'm a little fatiqued at Lin criticism and such and racism brought into the discussion.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 05:44 PM
lin sucks. there is no racism to it. yao ming was a good player nobody hated on him for his race.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 05:45 PM
and 90% of the college teams until recently looked at these awesome black QB's and said "RB! TE! NOT A QB! YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE A LEADER!"

When i think hurt by racism it's not what comes to mind to me first. I'm a little fatiqued at Lin criticism and such and racism brought into the discussion.
:applause:

niko
12-06-2012, 05:45 PM
And this guy was all over his dick a few months ago, he was asked (i think) the question he responded how it was not like we seen him crying in the media about him being discriminated.

To bad Lin sucks he's a nice dude and a good role model for SPK.

Never ever ever played the racism angle. Never. Not once. You can talk to others but not me. I never liked that he played the race card, i never liked when anyone did it. The only time i said anything was when ESPN was making fun of him for his race obviously with the headlines.

The first people (like me and Bagel) who started with the Lin stuff didn't give a flying **** he was asian. Anyone to me who likes him only because he was asian (and think who is saying this) is nuts. We liked him because he was ****ing fearless, had balls of steel, and was freaking BALLING. By year end he was no longer balling, no longer fearless (sat out playoffs), and left us for more money (smart) and less pressure (less smart in my opinion, it's how you grow).

Nothing in that is about race.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 05:46 PM
his race is the only reason he got paid and talked about as much as he did. don't give me that underdog crap either. there are a lot undrafted/lowly drafted players that come out of nowhere and perform better than he did (arian foster).

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 05:49 PM
What the **** are you babbling about? I never said you played the race card, I said Lin doesn't play the race card this is the first time I seen him pulling it out and I assume it's because he was asked.
a few weeks ago he said players try harder against him because he's asian

Cali Syndicate
12-06-2012, 05:51 PM
lin sucks. there is no racism to it. yao ming was a good player nobody hated on him for his race.

Lin doesn't suck. He's overpaid and overrated. He could be a solid backup for many teams and has shown to be at least a decent starter.

niko
12-06-2012, 05:53 PM
What the **** are you babbling about? I never said you played the race card, I said Lin doesn't play the race card this is the first time I seen him pulling it out and I assume it's because he was asked.

Lin has said a million times he's had to prove himself more than other players because he is asian. He said it as a Knick. He's always said it. I wouldn't call that playing the race card (that sounds too harsh) but i never understood bringing it up. And he has. He says it adds more pressure and gives him more to prove and people force him to show more.

stevieming
12-06-2012, 05:55 PM
a few weeks ago he said players try harder against him because he's asian

Thats because they do....:confusedshrug:

loads of reasons: think they can light Lin up; think Lin earns too much money; think lin isn't a good enough baller; all those reason compounded with a he's asian undertone....

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Lin doesn't suck. He's overpaid and overrated. He could be a solid backup for many teams and has shown to be at least a decent starter.

could he be like a cj Watson caliber player? yeah maybe.

But he should be judged on his contract. and relative to that he sucks. he's getting benched in favor of toney freaking douglas.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Thats because they do....:confusedshrug:

loads of reasons: think they can light Lin up; think Lin earns too much money; think lin isn't a good enough baller; all those reason compounded with a he's asian undertone....

if you plAy in the nbA and mAking millions you should be Able to play agAinst people at their best.

so did people hAte yAo ming too?

get these NETS
12-06-2012, 05:58 PM
for those who won't watch the clip

he said that it was a problem on the road in college but in the league players have gone out of their way to show him love

said that having a Black coach at Harvard helped him because coach had similiar experiences

Saw the clip yesterday but i think tommy amaker(duke pg) was his coach

College basketball arenas are awful when it comes to caveman behavior.....(pat ewing experienced incredible open racism in college)of course tv media could make examples of people with racist signs but it won't happen

get these NETS
12-06-2012, 06:02 PM

yeah, sorry.....he was talking about racism faced at Harvard when they played on the road ...signs....people using slurs,etc

Him not getting a d 1 scholarship isn't an example of racism...with his grades he could have enrolled and tried to walk on at Stanford, Vanderbilt,etc

former superbowl MVP Aaron Rogers walked on at Cal if I'm not mistaken because he got no major college offers.....so it's a reach to say that somehow Lin deserved a d-1 offer

KungFuJoe
12-06-2012, 06:11 PM
could he be like a cj Watson caliber player? yeah maybe.

But he should be judged on his contract. and relative to that he sucks. he's getting benched in favor of toney freaking douglas.

To be fair, Douglas was having a helluva night, shooting wise and he ended up with, what, 22 points?

Asik was benched the entire 4th in that same game. Asik sucks.

niko
12-06-2012, 06:15 PM
This is just me assuming once again, being the only Nikon in the whole NBA and have a whole country on your shoulders can't be easy, especially when he isn't a fourth of the player he he was under Mike so I can understand the pressure part but if he has said people play harder just because he is a Nikon then that's just excuses for his bad play.
What is a Nikon?

I guess my point was more that his "racism" faced is just inconvenience. I think a lot of what others faced is far more than inconvenience. And for that reason when i hear Lin and Racism i just think it's overblown.

When i used to play ball on the courts with the mostly black kids i took huge amounts of shit. That's just how it is. It never was something i'd describe as "Racism"

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 06:15 PM
To be fair, Douglas was having a helluva night, shooting wise and he ended up with, what, 22 points?

Asik was benched the entire 4th in that same game. Asik sucks.

thAt wAsn't the first time lin wAs benched for douglas. it's hAppened 3-4 times. this wAs the first time they reAlly benched asik and i think it wAs becAuse they didn't wAnt the lakers to respond to hAck-an-asik in response to hAck-a-dwight. also they didn't need asik's defense since they were fouling d12 anywAys.

KungFuJoe
12-06-2012, 06:37 PM
thAt wAsn't the first time lin wAs benched for douglas. it's hAppened 3-4 times. this wAs the first time they reAlly benched asik and i think it wAs becAuse they didn't wAnt the lakers to respond to hAck-an-asik in response to hAck-a-dwight. also they didn't need asik's defense since they were fouling d12 anywAys.

Lin wasn't benched because he was playing badly. I mean, he wasn't exactly a factor but he got into foul trouble early and then Douglas was hitting every shot he took so sampson left him in. Somewhat simliar situation with Asik and Smith, who ended up with 21 pts. I think he left them both in because of a previous game (can't quite remember which at the moment) where Houston's bench was playing well into the 4th and then sampson put starters back in and they ended up losing.

IGOTGAME
12-06-2012, 06:38 PM
This is exactly why US Asian women don't date Asian men. Of course Lin could because of his money but it is this mentallity. They are "effeminate whiny babies." I put that in quotes because I have heard many Asian women describe them as such.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Lin wasn't benched because he was playing badly. I mean, he wasn't exactly a factor but he got into foul trouble early and then Douglas was hitting every shot he took so sampson left him in. Somewhat simliar situation with Asik and Smith, who ended up with 21 pts. I think he left them both in because of a previous game (can't quite remember which at the moment) where Houston's bench was playing well into the 4th and then sampson put starters back in and they ended up losing.

4 points 3 assists 25% shooting in 20 mins is not bAd for a pg mAking over 8 mil per yeAr? you're linsAne.

Beebo
12-06-2012, 06:46 PM
This ***** can't even speak Chinese :facepalm

Still a Lin fan though. Hope he lives up to the contract.

shoops
12-06-2012, 06:48 PM
This is exactly why US Asian women don't date Asian men. Of course Lin could because of his money but it is this mentallity. They are "effeminate whiny babies." I put that in quotes because I have heard many Asian women describe them as such.
Lol wtf does this have to do with the vid? :facepalm I suppose you didn't watch it. Pretty obvious he was being asked about his experiences with racism.

4 points 3 assists 25% shooting in 20 mins is not bAd for a pg mAking over 8 mil per yeAr? you're linsAne.
We gonna act like he wasn't in foul trouble? :no: Expecting to take a charge from Kobe was dumb tho.
Is there something wrong with your "A" key or are you trying to send some subliminal message?

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 06:50 PM
We gonna act like he wasn't in foul trouble? :no: Expecting to take a charge from Kobe was dumb tho.
Is there something wrong with your "A" key or are you trying to send some subliminal message?

foul trouble = his own fault.

plus i posted the amount of time he played so it doesn't mAtter. 4 points 3 assists on 2/8 shooting in 20 mins is abysmAl for a stArting pg.

And yes my A key is ****ed up.

TheBigVeto
12-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Jeremy Lin is Martin Luther King and Jackie Robinson rolled into one, for Asians.

StateOfMind12
12-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Asians don't date each other in the US because they are followers who have no opinion and fail to think for themselves. They just go with the flow and do whatever is popular.

I didn't watch the video so someone post the cliffs of it.

Beebo
12-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Jeremy Lin is Martin Luther King and Jackie Robinson rolled into one, for Asians.

I think Bruce Lee has that title.

shoops
12-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Video was about his experiences with racism during college ball. Pretty sure the interview was from before the start of the season, so it's not related much at all to recent struggles.

Euroleague
12-06-2012, 07:01 PM
The NBA is extremely racist against any player that isn't black. Anyone saying otherwise is either retarded, a certifiable nut, a liar, a racist, or most likely, is all of those things.

KungFuJoe
12-06-2012, 07:08 PM

Did you even watch the game? Lin didn't get benched due to bad play. He got benched because he got into foul trouble. He picked up two fouls in the 1st quarter (2nd was a BS call that should have been a charge on Kobe) and he got pulled. He came in late in the 2nd quarter. Then he started the 2nd half and ended up with his 4th foul in the middle and he got benched again...due to foul trouble. Then Houston started making a run and coming back and Sampson stuck with the group that was on the floor.

CeltsGarlic
12-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Awww poor poor Jeremy, getting paid those coins, and have to deal with those awful remarks and hurtful words?

CeltsGarlic
12-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Did you even watch the game? Lin didn't get benched due to bad play. He got benched because he fkin sucks
Fixed

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Did you even watch the game? Lin didn't get benched due to bad play. He got benched because he got into foul trouble. He picked up two fouls in the 1st quarter (2nd was a BS call that should have been a charge on Kobe) and he got pulled. He came in late in the 2nd quarter. Then he started the 2nd half and ended up with his 4th foul in the middle and he got benched again...due to foul trouble. Then Houston started making a run and coming back and Sampson stuck with the group that was on the floor.

Okay i posted the amount of time he played so i don't know why you're tAlking about foul trouble. in the 20 minutes he played he wAs terrible. if he hAd played well in those 20 mins he would hAve been on the court in the 4th with 4 fouls.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Fixed

repped

KungFuJoe
12-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm not disagreeing that he sucked that game. He did! But that's not why he got benched. That's all I'm saying. He's shot and played poorly before and didn't get pulled. The only time I can recall him getting benched due to bad play was when he sat out the entire OT of a game because of defense.

KungFuJoe
12-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Okay i posted the amount of time he played so i don't know why you're tAlking about foul trouble. in the 20 minutes he played he wAs terrible. if he hAd played well in those 20 mins he would hAve been on the court in the 4th with 4 fouls.

No he wouldn't have. How long have you been watching NBA ball? 2 fouls in the first quarter your ass is on the bench, ESPECIALLY if you're a starter.

4 fouls in the 3rd, your ass is back on the bench again.

He didn't come back in because Douglas was playing well and the Rockets were coming back.

*sigh* Forget it...just going in circles here.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm not disagreeing that he sucked that game. He did! But that's not why he got benched. That's all I'm saying. He's shot and played poorly before and didn't get pulled. The only time I can recall him getting benched due to bad play was when he sat out the entire OT of a game because of defense.
yes it is why he got benched. And this is not even the first time he's been benched. if he wAs playing well he would hAve played in the 4th with 4 fouls.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 07:16 PM
No he wouldn't have. How long have you been watching NBA ball? 2 fouls in the first quarter your ass is on the bench, ESPECIALLY if you're a starter.

4 fouls in the 3rd, your ass is back on the bench again.

He didn't come back in because Douglas was playing well and the Rockets were coming back.

*sigh* Forget it...just going in circles here.

umm general rule of thumb about fouls quArter + 1 = bench
which is why he should hAve played in the 4th with 4 fouls.

KungFuJoe
12-06-2012, 07:17 PM
umm general rule of thumb about fouls quArter + 1 = bench
which is why he should hAve played in the 4th with 4 fouls.

But Houston was making a run and Douglas was shooting well.

We'll have to agree to disagree but this was more about Douglas playing well and Houston coming back than Lin playing badly.

pnyozzzoo
12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Asians don't date each other in the US because they are followers who have no opinion and fail to think for themselves. They just go with the flow and do whatever is popular.

:applause: Man to a certain degree you Nailed it, lots Asian countries do not teach critical thinking and taught to follow authority and elders, unlike westen culture. Plus the American's culture is so dominate right now, lots Asian come to America thinking its cool to date a foreigner(particularly white)

However this is completely irrelevant to Lin. That's not he was talking about in the video. and Also often times Lin does not behave like Asian at all. He is born in America, educated here, cannot even speak proper Chinese. He is crazily religious and outspoken, have strong personality. He is so much more American than Asian.

Cali Syndicate
12-06-2012, 07:21 PM

Uhhhh....how ignorant are you two?

IGOTGAME
12-06-2012, 07:23 PM

nothing ignorant about it. just a whole bunch of truth. I large percentage of US Asian Women want no parts of Asian Men.

StateOfMind12
12-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Pretty sure he is the one that is ignorant, not me, but this guy's hate for Lin has led to hate for another race, unless he only hates Lin because of his race .

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 07:27 PM
But Houston was making a run and Douglas was shooting well.

We'll have to agree to disagree but this was more about Douglas playing well and Houston coming back than Lin playing badly.

doesn't chAnge the fact thAt if he hAd played well he would hAve played in the 4th.

jeremy lin is probAbly the worst stArting pg in the nbA.

pnyozzzoo
12-06-2012, 07:27 PM
nothing ignorant about it. just a whole bunch of truth. I large percentage of US Asian Women want no parts of Asian Men.
Just like all those black men, who "made it", become rich and marry or get a white girlfriend, it's the currently dominate culture, since the European colonization era, white ppl start to influence the world more and more.

KungFuJoe
12-06-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't like generalizations, but there is some truth to them. I'm half white/korean and I had a chinese gf for 4 years when I was 18-22. She LOVED the fact that I was half white. Her and her chinese FOB friends did prefer white or half white guys.

HOWEVER, of all the HOT asian girls I knew growing up, the vast majority had asian boyfriends. And I don't think it's because they couldn't get a white guy...ALL white men have yellow fever.

So I dunno...I think there is a portion of asian women who prefer non asians, but I think the vast majority prefer asian men just like most people prefer their own race.

Except blacks. And myself. I mostly dated latinas and am currently married to a Mexican.

KungFuJoe
12-06-2012, 07:29 PM
doesn't chAnge the fact thAt if he hAd played well he would hAve played in the 4th.

jeremy lin is probAbly the worst stArting pg in the nbA.

Asik was playing well...he sat the entire 4th. He had a bit of foul trouble early and Smith was going off.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Asik was playing well...he sat the entire 4th. He had a bit of foul trouble early and Smith was going off.
i alreAdy explained why asik sAt. plus im not sAying lin sucks cAuse of one gAme. he's sucked all seAson. asik is averaging a double-double on 50% fg he's not the problem.

only stArting pg worse thAn Lin is mAybe AAron brooks but i'd still rather hAve him thAn lin.

Cali Syndicate
12-06-2012, 08:41 PM

US Asian women don't date US Asian men. So they date US non Asian men? Tell me o wise one, how much do Asians make up the US population? Wouldn't you think that being a part of a population where Asians are a minority, that it's possible for many of them to date outside their race due to circumstance rather than Asian men being effeminate whiny babies?

I'm betting a really high percentage of Asian women in Asian countries date Asian men. Hmmmmm.....I can only imagine why?

TheBigVeto
12-06-2012, 09:06 PM
The NBA is extremely racist against any player that isn't black. Anyone saying otherwise is either retarded, a certifiable nut, a liar, a racist, or most likely, is all of those things.

This.

Inactive
12-06-2012, 09:08 PM
nothing ignorant about it. just a whole bunch of truth. I large percentage of US Asian Women want no parts of Asian Men.Nothing ignorant about calling people whiny and effeminate on the basis of race? Seriously?

TheBigVeto
12-06-2012, 09:10 PM
I think Bruce Lee has that title.

Nah, he was never as discriminated as Jeremy Lin.

Alonzo Magic
12-06-2012, 09:45 PM
No other race marries within their race at the rate of Asians.

Personally I'm not attracted to Asian women, but most Asians aren't attracted to sisters either so we're cool. :cheers:

nathanjizzle
12-06-2012, 09:50 PM
racism against asians in the basketball world is real. ive experienced it so many times. lucky for me im quite a gifted asian american hooper from chicago so i always prove people wrong and make them look stupid.

IGOTGAME
12-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Nothing ignorant about calling people whiny and effeminate on the basis of race? Seriously?

I'm just repeating what Asian women and men tell me. They all say that this is a problem. Women often point to cultural issues which result in Asians behaving that way.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-08-2012, 02:25 AM
Another greAt gAme for linsAnity. :lol

STATUTORY
12-08-2012, 02:42 AM

two wrongs don't make it a right.

And lin discusses overt acts of racism he experienced as a college baller. y do ppl never bother watching the video before commenting

tikay0
12-08-2012, 02:57 AM
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/206351-1/Gentlemens-club-takes-money-back.gif

KungFuJoe
12-08-2012, 04:03 AM
Another greAt gAme for linsAnity. :lol

Fix your ****ing keyboard already you cheap son of a bitch. ;)

RoundMoundOfReb
12-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Fix your ****ing keyboard already you cheap son of a bitch. ;)

i would hAve but my semester wAs ending and i reAlly needed my laptop. :lol