PDA

View Full Version : How hideous is Shaq as an analyst on TNT?

AngelEyes
12-07-2012, 02:51 AM
At the end of last season I actually thought the giant sack of shit was improving a bit but right now I'm questioning if he's getting worse or not. He completely disrupts the flow of Barkley, EJ, and Kenny, constantly interrupting people with his inane thoughts. He seems to be gaining more confidence to take over the show at times and this is only a bad thing because it detracts from Barkley's output.

His attempted analysis of Dwight Howard is tiresome and quite grating, Shaq has the tremendous propensity to repeat the same point over and over again. O'neal was funny as a player because his quips were in very small doses and he wasn't required to give thoughtful analysis and construct an intelligent point.

Inside the NBA was the finest sports show on television with the big three of Charles, EJ and kenny. It's still a good show but it is suffering tremendously because of Shaq and his douchiness.

AngelEyes
12-07-2012, 03:06 AM
Shaq diminishes the lightness of the show and adds an uncomfortable vibe for the viewer with all his insecurities.

Levity
12-07-2012, 03:07 AM
that was a really awkward break to commercial

junior
12-07-2012, 03:09 AM
every week this thread comes up but it's necessary. the guy is just ****ing horrible. gets butthurt at the slightest jab and spends the next 15 minutes interrupting and talking over people.

AngelEyes
12-07-2012, 03:14 AM
every week this thread comes up but it's necessary. the guy is just ****ing horrible. gets butthurt at the slightest jab and spends the next 15 minutes interrupting and talking over people.

Yes, that's true. It's absolutely necessary and I'd like to say your welcome to everyone for my harsh critique. If there's one thing I do it's bring necessary points to the table.

Sarcastic
12-07-2012, 03:17 AM
He's better than Barkley. At least he has some credibility from his rings.

AngelEyes
12-07-2012, 03:19 AM

If by better you mean infinitely worse, then I agree. Shaq has no redeeming qualities as an analysts and his goddamn rings give him no credibility as a ****ing analyst. He's bad and not getting better.

KLovin
12-07-2012, 03:22 AM

Holy shit

Whoah10115
12-07-2012, 03:26 AM

Come on man. Credibility. Please.

Sarcastic
12-07-2012, 03:26 AM
If by better you mean infinitely worse, then I agree. Shaq has no redeeming qualities as an analysts and his goddamn rings give him no credibility as a ****ing analyst. He's bad and not getting better.

I'd rather you extract my eyeballs with a white hot pincer, than listen Barkley's drawl.

AngelEyes
12-07-2012, 03:28 AM
I'd rather you extract my eyeballs with a white hot pincer, than listen Barkley's drawl.

O'neal is worse, end of story.

Sarcastic
12-07-2012, 03:29 AM
O'neal is worse, end of story.

Agree to disagree.

I think Kenny is great though.

Whoah10115
12-07-2012, 03:30 AM
Agree to disagree.

I think Kenny is great though.

With respect, you don't agree. You just hate Shaq because he's ripped us in the past. There's no argument. You're not stupid. I know you're not.

muppets
12-07-2012, 03:31 AM
Agreed. They should put Chris Webber back and fire Shaq.

Sarcastic
12-07-2012, 03:34 AM
With respect, you don't agree. You just hate Shaq because he's ripped us in the past. There's no argument. You're not stupid. I know you're not.

Barkley you mean. Even without his hatred of the Knicks, his analysis sucks.

At least bring guys on the set that sound literate. Barkley sounds like JHS dropout.

To be fair, Shaq doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed either, and his pure hatred for Dwight is unfounded. But he knows his basketball better than Barkley.

ispin69
12-07-2012, 04:02 AM
:biggums: Shaqtin' A Fool is the best part of the show.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2012/12/07/20121206-shaqtin-a-fool.nba

TylerOO
12-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Is there a video of them talkin bout dwight

Sharmer
12-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Shaq's more a comedian then analyst.

stevieming
12-07-2012, 05:46 AM

At least bring guys on the set that sound literate. Barkley sounds like JHS dropout.

To be fair, Shaq doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed either, and his pure hatred for Dwight is unfounded. But he knows his basketball better than Barkley.

Dude, Charles is great he's so funny and he adds to the chemistry rather than kill it like Shaq

MikeBeas2
12-07-2012, 05:47 AM
oh aught

TheBigVeto
12-07-2012, 07:14 AM

LOL
You are just being Sarcastic.

bagelred
12-07-2012, 09:11 AM

No white text? :wtf:

Pretty much lost all YOUR credibility with this post.

swi7ch
12-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Worst of all time. Shaq please go.

swi7ch
12-07-2012, 09:42 AM

He's not even a good comedian. His schtick are for 13-year olds and get old after 5 minutes.

IGotACoolStory
12-07-2012, 12:35 PM

Except he's not funny.

He tries to take over the show and he doesn't mesh well with any of the other 'analysts'.

He's just a terrible fit overall. I'd much prefer C-Webb. He's funnier, smarter, and knows how to fit within the show.

Go Getter
12-07-2012, 12:43 PM
God, why have you turned American "men" into whiny broads?

Every week someone ovulates over this topic....it's way past old and lame.

AlphaWolf24
12-07-2012, 01:00 PM
- Show was 100% better without Shaq....

AngelEyes
12-07-2012, 01:16 PM
God, why have you turned American "men" into whiny broads?

Every week someone ovulates over this topic....it's way past old and lame.

I'm a viewer and it's a ****ing critique. I liked the goddamn show more when his stupid ass wasn't on it, not hard to understand. What we could do is go through your post history and find out whenever you complained about something you insufferable prick. I don't really give a damn who else ovulates over this topic, they're not my concern. You sound like a whiny broad complaining about a thread, if you don't care then piss off.

STATUTORY
12-07-2012, 01:20 PM
I don't mind him cause I don't care for dwight and he's the only one spitting truth about that cornball

Spaulding
12-07-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm a viewer and it's a ****ing critique. I liked the goddamn show more when his stupid ass wasn't on it, not hard to understand. What we could do is go through your post history and find out whenever you complained about something you insufferable prick. I don't really give a damn who else ovulates over this topic, they're not my concern. You sound like a whiny broad complaining about a thread, if you don't care then piss off.

:coleman:

Dude you need to calm down. Its just a darn TV show.

The games are what matters...

bmulls
12-07-2012, 01:46 PM

:biggums:

I have not heard Shaq make a single insightful comment about basketball since he's been on TNT. Literally not even 1.

ThunderKat
12-07-2012, 06:19 PM
He's annoying... he thinks he's funny, but he's not. They would be better off letting him go back to rapping and making low budget films.

SmokinPenguin
12-07-2012, 06:53 PM
It's so awkward with him there I sometimes feel for the guy. Maybe they should have him doing other things for the show. Maybe do after game interviews at the arena or some other stupid gag. One thing for sure, he doesn't belong where he is now

AlphaWolf24
12-07-2012, 06:57 PM

really?:rolleyes:

- ITNBA is a culture a way of life......It's more then a show...it's a event.

- Hardc ore fans will agree......some games deliver some of the times.....ITNBA always delivers.....until Shaq brought it down to meh.

NLZ
12-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Doesn't bother me, I don't care either way. Doing other things during half-time, not going to stress myself out over it.

SpecialQue
12-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Doesn't bother me, I don't care either way. Doing other things during half-time, not going to stress myself out over it.

You are clearly so much better than everyone else. :bowdown:

AlphaWolf24
12-07-2012, 07:15 PM

you don't stay up to 10:30pm so you can watch EJ's....neeto....stat ...of .....the ....night.....Brought ......to...you...by............

nobody.??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

Go to hell!

TinselTime12
12-07-2012, 07:17 PM
you don't stay up to 10:30pm so you can watch EJ's....neeto....stat ...of .....the ....night.....Brought ......to...you...by............

nobody.??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

Go to hell!
No

Next

NLZ
12-07-2012, 07:25 PM
You are clearly so much better than everyone else. :bowdown:
Need new information

stephanieg
12-07-2012, 07:35 PM
The show is pretty bad for analysis no matter who's on since it's all cliches and standard platitudes without rigor. Entertainment-wise Shaq is cringe worthy but sometimes his awkwardness and weird rivalry with Barkley is entertaining in and of itself, similar to Reggie Miller being one of the worst announcers but going over the line twice to become kinda good.

Go Getter
12-08-2012, 02:46 PM

Exactly. The topic has be discussed ad nauseum.

Ok. You don't like Shaq. We get it. Move on.

Hard to believe these are actual grown men bitching and complaining about a man like a bunch of old hens.

Go Getter
12-08-2012, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=AlphaWolf24]

- ITNBA is a culture a way of life......It's more then a show...it's a event.

- [/QUOTE

You can't be serious.

Either you are mentally ill, a comedic genius, or really lame.

Go Getter
12-08-2012, 02:52 PM
So you admit to acting like a chick on the rag over this?

My work here is done.

Go Getter
12-08-2012, 02:54 PM
This is the ACTUAL problem of him on the show. I never expected to get deep analysis from Shaq. Nor would I want him to do so. TNT thought they were getting another light hearted funny man, who could fit in with the show's already nice hearted, self deprecating humor and nature. Instead, we peel back the layers and see the real Shaq. The guy was never funny, he made cute quips at times in small doses. The guy is egomaniacal, insecure beyond belief and can't laugh at himself to save his life. Takes things too seriously. It's no wonder why he's had beef with any great ball player who played with him, and no wonder he's been so spiteful for no particular valid reasons to every franchise he's left. The guy is a dumb ass, and makes the viewing experience of what was once a fun show to be completely unbearable and awkward. He hates Dwight Howard because they are essentially the same thing. Con men. They think they're both funny (they're not) and both are extremely corny, and insecure.

And then you have these dimestore psych majors who diagnose people they've never met over the TV.

SMH.

swi7ch
12-08-2012, 03:03 PM
No wonder Shaq and Kobe had chemistry problems in LA! This guy's ego is HUGE! :facepalm

knickswin
12-08-2012, 03:09 PM
And then you have these dimestore psych majors who diagnose people they've never met over the TV.

SMH.

are you serious? how is he a "dime store psych major?" he didn't use any psychology jargon ... you don't need to be a psychologist to see that shaq is insecure, it's pretty obvious just by listening to him

and I agree with the topic. ernie, kenny, and charles have great chemistry, and are fun, down to earth, and funny and shaq is doing everything he can to ruin that show with his ego. I wish they could just fire him, but I fear that his presence has increased the ratings which means they won't do that

wakencdukest
12-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I can't stand watching the halftime show without Shaq. With shaq it's completely unbearable.

AngelEyes
12-08-2012, 03:47 PM
So you admit to acting like a chick on the rag over this?

My work here is done.

Your work was to act like a little sanctimonious bitch? Congratulations then.

tmacattack33
12-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Shaq might be there just for casual fans to tune in...."hey wow, look it's that guy shaq, i'll leave the channel here for now".

And there's more casual fans than there are of us.

And really the only other bball players as well known to casual fans as shaq are MJ and maybe Larry Bird (and Kobe and Lebron, but they are still playing obviously).

So the only other option is to get MJ or Larry Bird on the show to replace Shaq.

Money 23
12-08-2012, 05:57 PM

SMH.
:biggums: