PDA

View Full Version : OKC is unfairly stacked

OKCThunderUP
12-08-2012, 06:49 PM
I know the thread title is an obvious statement but I was just thinking about this...
You have the big name, obvious guys like Durant, Westbrook, Martin, and Ibaka. Collison is one of the most underrated PF/Cs in the game. Eric Maynor will be one of the best backup PGs in the league once he's completely healthy. Thabeet has a mess of athleticism and untapped talent, and his time with the Thunder has shown he can be a more than capable player. He still fouls too much but he's done a great job as a backup C all things considered.

And then there's the new guys...Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones III, and Reggie Jackson. How many teams would like to have just ONE of those guys, much less all three of them? And on their active roster. OKC is so stacked they've sent these guys to the D-league to develop them into better players.

And THEN there's the draft picks! OKC has a top 3 protected pick from Toronto, a top 20 protected pick from Dallas, and its own 1st round pick, plus 2 more second round picks.

Like, holy shit. This all just dawned on me today. They have the assets to trade for damn near any player they want not named Lebron James.

BallsOut
12-08-2012, 06:51 PM
And yet, it doesn't matter since they get always get raped by the Heat in the playoffs.

jdm_dc_fan
12-08-2012, 06:52 PM
I know the thread title is an obvious statement but I was just thinking about this...
You have the big name, obvious guys like Durant, Westbrook, Martin, and Ibaka. Collison is one of the most underrated PF/Cs in the game. Eric Maynor will be one of the best backup PGs in the league once he's completely healthy. Thabeet has a mess of athleticism and untapped talent, and his time with the Thunder has shown he can be a more than capable player. He still fouls too much but he's done a great job as a backup C all things considered.

And then there's the new guys...Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones III, and Reggie Jackson. How many teams would like to have just ONE of those guys, much less all three of them? And on their active roster. OKC is so stacked they've sent these guys to the D-league to develop them into better players.

And THEN there's the draft picks! OKC has a top 3 protected pick from Toronto, a top 20 protected pick from Dallas, and its own 1st round pick, plus 2 more second round picks.

Like, holy shit. This all just dawned on me today. They have the assets to trade for damn near any player they want not named Lebron James.

They are stacked. So stacked Russell should be averaging 10 APG.

Money 23
12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Agreed. I want to see Russell putting up CP3 numbers. At least from an approach perspective.

Russ should be doing 18 ppg 6 rpg 10 apg 2 spg and Durant should be averaging 30 ppg. Westbrook's goal should be to get Durant over that 30 ppg mark.

I think then, and only then will they be a LEGIT champion.

Westbrook's decision making, and distribution is key. I still thought OKC was more frightening with Harden, because he is better than Kevin Martin.

We'll see what they do come playoff time, but yes there roster is stacked. They have shooters, defenders, scorers, playmakers, and enforcers.

They actually are probably the best built team in the league. The only team that can compete in terms of well rounded-ness would be the Knicks. They're just missing the enforcers part.

With a healthy Iman Shumpert, much like Thabo Sefalosha does for OKC, the Knicks can be pretty scary too.

I honestly wouldn't mind a Knicks v.s. Thunder Finals if it so happened.

PyrrhusX
12-08-2012, 06:59 PM
And yet, it doesn't matter since they get always get raped by the Heat in the playoffs.

What in the one time we have faced them? :facepalm

I personally dont care how stacked we are, we aint winning shit with Perk at the centre. Make a trade presti. Imagine a centre type player with the ability to play in the post, while consistently getting the defensive boards on which we are so woeful.

Our team will be complete when Perk is out.

gigantes
12-08-2012, 07:04 PM
they're an awesome team and i'm glad the harden trade worked out for them, more or less. indeed, much respect to presti for not giving in to harden's money grab attempt and making the very best of a losing hand.

and their youth and reasonable track to keep improving is pretty scary. and with all the troubles and close calls the heat have had the past two seasons+, it's hard to think that they're going to keep beating the thunder in the finals.

only thing AFAIK that's putting a cap on the thunder is... the cap. the salary cap. they have very little maneuverability and may have to lose some of their talent via expiring contracts in coming years. although maybe there are remedies for that-- feel free to educate me...

TheBigVeto
12-08-2012, 07:12 PM
They got the talents.
Unfortunately they are in small market team

Blue&Orange
12-08-2012, 07:19 PM

Two words for u, Luxury Tax.

OKC just needs to ship Perkins, he is useless and i think nobody on that team likes him.

maybeshewill13
12-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't consider any team with Scubdrick Scrubkins stacked..

FreezingTsmoove
12-08-2012, 07:22 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol :lol :lol

:roll:

FreezingTsmoove
12-08-2012, 07:24 PM

:roll: :roll:

This ***** is so bad he got a negative per :roll: :roll:

I.R.Beast
12-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Agreed. I want to see Russell putting up CP3 numbers. At least from an approach perspective.

So you want him to lower his level of play?... He averaging 81/2 assists thats enough....They still need his offense...this team is still heavily reliant on 3 players to score...

maybeshewill13
12-08-2012, 07:27 PM
So you want him to lower his level of play?... He averaging 81/2 assists thats enough....They still need his offense...this team is still heavily reliant on 3 players to score...

It's OK some people just don't actually watch basketball, just come on here and repeat the same **** they heard from another dumbass.

Chief Keef
12-08-2012, 07:36 PM

They've only played the Heat once in the finals

:biggums:

KG215
12-08-2012, 07:42 PM
they have very little maneuverability and may have to lose some of their talent via expiring contracts in coming years. although maybe there are remedies for that-- feel free to educate me...
Really, now, the only "bad" contract on the team is Perkins. Not re-signing Harden actually gives them the potential to have a lot maneuverability depending on what happens with Martin.

OKC just needs to ship Perkins, he is useless and i think nobody on that team likes him.
And you'd be very, very wrong.

Playing mostly in mop-up duty. But yes, let's assess a rookie 1/4th into his first season in the league on those minutes.

KG215
12-08-2012, 07:47 PM
It's OK some people just don't actually watch basketball, just come on here and repeat the same **** they heard from another dumbass.
It's really not any different than people saying "Westbrick will show-up this game and shoot OKC out of it, and we'll win" before basically every big game OKC plays. Unfortunately, "Westbrick" shows up so often, OKC has only managed to compile an embarrassing 168-82 record over the last three seasons and through the first 20 games of this season, while making the WCF two years ago and NBA Finals last year.

F***ing Westbrook. He's the root of all evil.

OKCThunderUP
12-08-2012, 08:57 PM

He's only played garbage minutes. You're a fool if you think other teams aren't drooling over his size, insane athleticism and offensive skillset.

knickswin
12-08-2012, 09:46 PM
really? I don't see it. I think memphis, clippers, knicks, and nets are a lot deeper. only

DMV2
12-08-2012, 10:17 PM
He's 4th in the league. He's behind Rondo, Paul and Holiday. The first two guys have the ball in their hands nearly 90% of the time they're on the floor. RW not as much b/c of KD.

OKC don't have anybody above average in the low post. He can't too many AST off Durant's playmaking ability.

You base numbers on their peers and the overall league, not some made-up fantasy numbers. 8.7 APG is solid!!!!

jdm_dc_fan
12-09-2012, 05:57 AM
He's 4th in the league. He's behind Rondo, Paul and Holiday. The first two guys have the ball in their hands nearly 90% of the time they're on the floor. RW not as much b/c of KD.

OKC don't have anybody above average in the low post. He can't too many AST off Durant's playmaking ability.

You base numbers on their peers and the overall league, not some made-up fantasy numbers. 8.7 APG is solid!!!!
I know where he's at. It is unfair to compare his assist to rondo/cp. But ranking number 4 means very little when the margin from 4 to 1 is four more assist a game. Westbrook draws a lot of attention, I'm sure we can agree on that. He should use that to his advantage to set up other players. His athleticism can only take him so far. It's sad but it might take an injury for him to NEED to average more assist. Hopefully DRose comes back more passive and a more balanced game to compare to Westbrook.

TheeBeast
12-09-2012, 06:03 AM

They played Miami 5 times and lost 4

Dragonyeuw
12-09-2012, 06:06 AM

A single meeting counts as always now? :facepalm

Shepseskaf
12-09-2012, 06:21 AM
This just shows that Presti knew exactly what he was doing with the Harden trade. OKC remains stacked and in position to contend for a title, and retained more financial flexibility.

Harden is who we thought he was -- an inefficient, yet capable scorer who struggles at times in the role of a #1 option.

I fully expect the Thunder to be more balanced and ready to win a title this season than they were last year.

wally_world
12-09-2012, 07:23 AM

Off topic: Who is that chick in your avatar? :P

maybeshewill13
12-09-2012, 07:37 AM
I know where he's at. It is unfair to compare his assist to rondo/cp. But ranking number 4 means very little when the margin from 4 to 1 is four more assist a game. Westbrook draws a lot of attention, I'm sure we can agree on that. He should use that to his advantage to set up other players. His athleticism can only take him so far. It's sad but it might take an injury for him to NEED to average more assist. Hopefully DRose comes back more passive and a more balanced game to compare to Westbrook.

God you're ****in retarded..

He's averaging nearly 9 assists a game!!! That's great. We also need him to be our scoring option.. Not to pass the damn ball non stop like Rondo.

:facepalm

rmt
12-09-2012, 11:47 AM
This just shows that Presti knew exactly what he was doing with the Harden trade. OKC remains stacked and in position to contend for a title, and retained more financial flexibility.

Harden is who we thought he was -- an inefficient, yet capable scorer who struggles at times in the role of a #1 option.

I fully expect the Thunder to be more balanced and ready to win a title this season than they were last year.

How about Martin? They won't be able to keep him next year, will they? Will they have enough scoring with just mostly KD and RW and how's that going to affect them winning a title next year?

Clippersfan86
12-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Not unfair because cap issues are hitting this offseason. Kmart will walk for a bigger deal that OKC will refuse to offer. Lamb and Jones have their development and trade stock declining as they rack up DNP's. OKC is a legit title contender and great team but unfairly stacked, no.

longtime lurker
12-09-2012, 01:00 PM

This. If posters actually watched the games and understood the team they wouldn't be posting this stupid shit.

lilgodfather1
12-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Yep they're stacked until Durant joins the Lakers.

selrahc
12-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Off topic: Who is that chick in your avatar? :P

kate upton bro

Shepseskaf
12-09-2012, 03:02 PM
How about Martin? They won't be able to keep him next year, will they? Will they have enough scoring with just mostly KD and RW and how's that going to affect them winning a title next year?
KMart is making $12M this year, which is the last of his current contract. I don't believe he's going to be able to make that much on the open market, so if I were him I'd take less to stay with OKC. I'd say there's a good chance that he stays.

OKC is #1 in scoring at 106.2ppg. Scoring won't be a problem. Aside from KD and RW, you have Ibaka at 14.5ppg. If KMart doesn't stay, you have Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones who'll be asked to step up to fill his 15ppg.

My view, OKC will remain in championship contention for years to come. They aren't "unfairly stacked", but with Presti they'll always be in the mix for a title.

If only they could have upgraded at coach....

liquidrage
12-09-2012, 03:33 PM
What OKC lacks is some older vets that can play limited minutes at a high level for a veteran discount.

With Russ and KD and Ibaka and some decent role players, they need to attact that vet one a 1-2 year contract that wants a shot at a title.

Look at who Miami's gotten the last few years at a discount. There's no reason OKC can't do the same.

KG215
12-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Not unfair because cap issues are hitting this offseason. Kmart will walk for a bigger deal that OKC will refuse to offer.
Just for the hell of it, I hope Martin says he'll agree to sign for $7M-$8M a year for 2-4 years to stay in OKC just to prove you wrong. You seem so convinced OKC won't/can't afford him after the season is over. They were going to be able to afford Harden (not comfortably but the ownership group was willing to go into the luxury tax to keep him) and Martin won't command anywhere near the $13M-$14M we would've been paying Harden.

Lamb and Jones have their development and trade stock declining as they rack up DNP's. OKC is a legit title contender and great team but unfairly stacked, no.
Right, so two rookies playing on one of the most stacked teams in the league not getting hardly any PT is making them untradeable. I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's plenty of teams in rebuild mode that would love to have one or both of PJ3 and Lamb.

This just comes off as you being insecure and scared of the very real possibility OKC can be this good or better for the better part of the next decade.