When asked about the defense :oldlol:

kmartshopper
12-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Once you pop the fun don't stop!!!

Clutch
12-12-2012, 12:26 AM
This whole Lakers situation is hilarious. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I warned you Lakers fans.

It's fun to listen D'Antoni's interviews. Not when he's coaching your team though :oldlol:

Troutfisch
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/006/0/0/mike_d__antoni__pringle_man_by_cgbam1989-d4ljaqa.png

AngelEyes
Was that T.J. Simers getting under his skin there?

Screamingdoom
12-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Wow, what a freak!

Dictator
12-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Reporter: "Did you practice defense?"
Mike D: "Hell yea, we did a half hour. You're starting to piss me off!"

Mr. Jabbar
12-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Ahhh this fool :facepalm Hes the one starting to piss everyone in LA, allowing 120 per game, dear god...

JoHnNyBoXeR
12-12-2012, 12:44 AM

Lmao word!! Worst move ever for LA

poido123
12-12-2012, 12:44 AM
The same people criticising D'Antoni, will be eating their words come January/February...The coach is currently running a team newly put together, without it's best asset to run it, Nash. So many overreactions that the Lakers are doomed, but it is still very early in the season, and a 5 or 6 game winning streak can certainly change people's perceptions really fast :facepalm:

On a side note, Kobe hand up the ball and let Nash run this new team. You clearly have no idea how to help a team win, goes to show all his titles have come on the back of riding his teammates, and bailing him out when he chucks...

Hank
12-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Poor Faker fans.

They finally get the perfect coach to augment Kobe the Stringbean Bryant's game of shotjacking like the total fool he is (and always was).. and now you're complaining.

:oldlol:

JoHnNyBoXeR
12-12-2012, 12:49 AM
The same people criticising D'Antoni, will be eating their words come January/February...The coach is currently running a team newly put together, without it's best asset to run it, Nash. So many overreactions that the Lakers are doomed, but it is still very early in the season, and a 5 or 6 game winning streak can certainly change people's perceptions really fast :facepalm:

On a side note, Kobe hand up the ball and let Nash run this new team. You clearly have no idea how to help a team win, goes to show all his titles have come on the back of riding his teammates, and bailing him out when he chucks...
No I've watched damntoni for years in NY.. HIS 1 DIMENSIONAL SYSTEM WAS EXPOSED YEARS AGO

MeLO MvP 15
12-12-2012, 12:58 AM
You know he's facing the same problems he faced in NY right now. He's an extremely stubborn coach who insists on running his system despite who he has. I mean who else would go pick and roll non-stop with PGs like Toney Douglas and Mike Bibby. And when he had the ball in Melo's hands, half the time it was like Melo was the PG. All that being said, the offense will be INCREDIBLE when Nash returns. It's just going to come down to, could they come together defensively.

In his last season in NY, the defense was actually solid. I'm sure pretty it was above average. He actually deferred to Woodson on that in practice and there were reports saying that he was content just letting Woodson handle all the defensive work and let him spend practice time doing so. It worked because the defense was solid. He just needs a guy like that in LA. The irony is that the perfect guy for the job would be Mike Brown.

Heilige
12-12-2012, 01:03 AM

:roll: :roll:

Kobe 4 The Win
12-12-2012, 01:04 AM
It's way too soon to start trashing D'Antoni. Let him get his guy (Nash) in there and have all 5 of our starters play together for a while. Then we'll see. Mike Brown had quite a while to show everyone that he was in over his head. Brown vs D'Antoni is not an apples to apples comparison.

The Lakers have a severe ball handling problem. Howard and Kobe are turning the ball over quite a bit but even our point guards don't look all that skilled at dribbling the ball. They both look like they are a step away from being out of control at all times.

GoRapz
12-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Half an hour of defense on a 3 hour practice? :roll: :roll:

KOBE143
12-12-2012, 01:28 AM
:facepalm

Clippersfan86
12-12-2012, 01:35 AM

:biggums: :roll: :roll: . Watch out... half hour is a long time!

Freedom Kid7
12-12-2012, 01:58 AM
"We practiced defense for half an hour"
http://imgur.com/b0pgd.gif

Turkododo
12-12-2012, 03:01 AM
dat good half hour of defense!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Sharmer
12-12-2012, 03:07 AM
Don't like the 7 seconds and shoot offense.

HorryIsMyMVP
12-12-2012, 03:09 AM
What about the 12 turnovers in the first quarter? Securing the ball is more important then defense. In the NBA turnovers lead to automatic points.

Kobe 4 The Win
12-12-2012, 03:19 AM
What about the 12 turnovers in the first quarter? Securing the ball is more important then defense. In the NBA turnovers lead to automatic points.

I'm sayin

chazzy
12-12-2012, 03:44 AM
TJ Simers is the ultimate troll :oldlol:

Fudge
12-12-2012, 03:58 AM
TJ Simers is the ultimate troll :oldlol:
I'm assuming he's probably the same guy that pissed off Dwight in one of his post game interviews a few weeks ago. :oldlol:

InspiredLebowski
12-12-2012, 04:02 AM
Good for D'Antoni. TJ Simers is a professional troll that needs his credential revoked.

chazzy
12-12-2012, 04:13 AM
Simer's first question was "Are you embarrassed?" or something along the lines, so MDA was already pissed.. here he his doing the same to Phil :oldlol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVca1DOskEw

Going after Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP-tB87BOx0

Micku
12-12-2012, 04:17 AM
"We practiced defense for half an hour"

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/923112/heat.gif

Seriously though, Phil Jackson apprently didn't focus that much on defense either. They just get everybody involved on the offense, which lead to more effort on defense.

Lakers Legend#32
12-12-2012, 04:18 AM
This hire is all on Jimmy Buss.

9erempiree
12-12-2012, 04:20 AM
A coach shouldn't wait for his guy (Nash).....a good coach will always implement a system that's fitting for his players.

The-Legend-24
12-12-2012, 04:27 AM
:biggums:

ZenMaster
12-12-2012, 07:01 AM
A coach shouldn't wait for his guy (Nash).....a good coach will always implement a system that's fitting for his players.

So what you're saying is he should implement a system where you don't need good passers and ball handlers(good luck finding that) and then implement a new system when his players get healthy.

That sure sounds smart.

9erempiree
12-12-2012, 07:09 AM
So what you're saying is he should implement a system where you don't need good passers and ball handlers(good luck finding that) and then implement a new system when his players get healthy.

That sure sounds smart.

no dummy.

I'm saying he should be able to put the players he got in a successful way to win.

Just because his system requires good passers or ball handlers doesn't mean he has the personnel to do it.

Look what Phil did with this team.

ZenMaster
12-12-2012, 07:35 AM
no dummy.

I'm saying he should be able to put the players he got in a successful way to win.

Just because his system requires good passers or ball handlers doesn't mean he has the personnel to do it.

Look what Phil did with this team.

There is no style of succesful NBA basketball that doesn't require good passing or good ball handlers.

He does have the players to run it, problem is he's got 35 mill worth of players injured right now, and that includes his 2 best passers and 2 point guards.
Instead he has the worst pg combination in the league, it's tough to watch.

And Phil didn't do anything with this team, it's way different than the ones he had. And the last time Phil coached a team they where swept out of the playoffs with Laker fans screaming for his departure as he "just didn't seem interested anymore".. Nobobdy's perfect.

GreatHILL
12-12-2012, 02:55 PM
The worst Coach ever

Whoah10115
12-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Phil Jackson: "For real" :roll: :roll: :roll:

I don't pay attention to reporters but I remember this Simers idiot on Around The Horn back when Gangs Of New York came out. Kellerman asked what everyone's favorite Scorcese Picture is and Simers said they were all bad and that movies are for entertainment and not for anything else...I was burning.

Then this idiot just went on and on about soccer and whatever the hell he said was the sort of thing that made me dream of the day I went around punching random assholes. I will. I am Batman.