PDA

View Full Version : watching mamba speak with SAS brought tears to my eyes

STATUTORY
12-12-2012, 01:08 PM
what a reflective interview. that's a man aware of his own basketball mortality. it must be tough watching scrubs wasting the last few years of his career with missed free throws and ineptitude

shiet if i had still my hops i lace them up and play with that guy anyday.

TylerOO
12-12-2012, 01:10 PM

mark
12-12-2012, 02:07 PM
what a reflective interview. that's a man aware of his own basketball mortality. it must be tough watching scrubs wasting the last few years of his career with missed free throws and ineptitude

watching him congratulate Kyrie Irving and the Cavs for beating the Lakers almost brought tears to my eyes. He has given up, and smirked after the loss. He doesn't care. :confusedshrug:

Heilige
12-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Link?

Asiantastic
12-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Link?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8739627&categoryid=2378529

Heilige
12-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Found it

http://www.lakersnation.com/kobe-bryant-speaks-to-espn-about-lakers-slow-start/2012/12/12/

TheCorporation
12-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Respect for Kobe :applause: :bowdown:

Nick Young
12-12-2012, 04:23 PM
can't believe his teammates are letting down this legendary basketball genius:facepalm

Rysio
12-12-2012, 04:27 PM
:cry:

junior
12-12-2012, 04:32 PM
so sad to see great athletes decline because of age. regardless of how you feel about kobe, it's amazing that he's been able to stay one of the top players in the league for so long.

EnoughSaid
12-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Even before the interview was posted on ESPN, SAS was on First Take talking about it. When he said that Kobe told him he's old, I was just like, "Damn..." :eek:

joshwake
12-12-2012, 04:36 PM

Must be hard for the other players having such a pisspoor leader who, when things aren't going well, will just start jacking up shots no matter if he is hitting them or not.

This is part of the reason Kobe will never be at Jordan's level. As Jordan got older he learned to be a leader and always looked for the highest percentage possession even if it meant he had to, pass the ball (*gasp*).

Heilige
12-12-2012, 04:37 PM

Kobe doesn't seem to have a problem with the roster/personnel on the team though.

STATUTORY
12-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Kobe doesn't seem to have a problem with the roster/personnel on the team though.

CompassionBe too kind to shit on those scrubs

and Kobe has so much confidence that he probably believes he can win with anyone

this is a man that carried Kwame, Luke, Mihm to the playoffs and almost won a chip

strifed169
12-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Laker fans :

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll2q53UvcU1qefjiy.gif

Heilige
12-12-2012, 04:51 PM
CompassionBe too kind to shit on those scrubs

and Kobe has so much confidence that he probably believes he can win with anyone

this is a man that carried Kwame, Luke, Mihm to the playoffs and almost won a chip

Do you think he is pissed at Dwight and Pau?

kNicKz
12-12-2012, 04:55 PM
in the interview all he said was that he believes in his team bouncing back? :confusedshrug:

didn't hear anything about giving up, and by watching him play the best he has in a while lately, I seriously doubt that he has given up ...

SwayDizzle
12-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh damn dudes. shit was touching. Reminded me a bit of Jordan in certain parts.

STATUTORY
12-12-2012, 04:59 PM
in the interview all he said was that he believes in his team bouncing back? :confusedshrug:

didn't hear anything about giving up, and by watching him play the best he has in a while lately, I seriously doubt that he has given up ...

he talked about having only a few years left.

he also touched on something very important: that to be great, you must make sacrifices and you must make a conscious decision to accept the stings and arrows that come with the path towards greatness.

Oh damn dudes. shit was touching. Reminded me a bit of Jordan in certain parts.

:roll: comon son, jordan can't talk coherently about anything other than gambling and hanes underwear

SwayDizzle
12-12-2012, 05:04 PM
:roll: comon son, jordan can't talk coherently about anything other than gambling and hanes underwear[/QUOTE]
:roll: :roll: :roll: that's true
but this is greatness we are witnessing, just made the top 5 all time

bdreason
12-12-2012, 05:12 PM
You know it's bad when Kobe is doing sit-down interviews 20 games into the season. :oldlol:

9erempiree
12-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Just finished the interview and it was great. I like how Kobe touched on a lot of things and he handled Steven @ss very well.

Horatio33
12-12-2012, 05:17 PM
What a contrived human being.

Heilige
12-12-2012, 05:20 PM

he also touched on something very important: that to be great, you must make sacrifices and you must make a conscious decision to accept the stings and arrows that come with the path towards greatness.

:roll: comon son, jordan can't talk coherently about anything other than gambling and hanes underwear

I thought it was a good interview overall and Kobe seems confident that they can make it work.

What sacrifices did Kobe make to be great?

Heilige
12-12-2012, 05:21 PM
What a contrived human being.

What was bad about the interview?

Droid101
12-12-2012, 05:41 PM
What was bad about the interview?
The fact that Kobe gave it, I'm guessing.

Haters, they're going to hate.

DuMa
12-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Kobe doing the interview at this point of the season is pretty much being a drama queen. just stfu and let your play do the talking

Heavincent
12-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Kobe doing the interview at this point of the season is pretty much being a drama queen. just stfu and let your play do the talking

You're trying way too hard.

Purch
12-12-2012, 05:52 PM
I love when Stephen A does interviews.. he really doesn't dance around questions

Mr. Jabbar
12-12-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm too emotional to speak right now :cry: , I'll get here later and post my thoughts...

hitmanyr2k
12-12-2012, 06:09 PM
I couldn't stop looking at the zits on his forehead. Isn't Kobe a bit old for acne?

Heilige
12-12-2012, 06:42 PM
I couldn't stop looking at the zits on his forehead. Isn't Kobe a bit old for acne?

Stress related?

Heilige
12-12-2012, 06:44 PM

STATUTORY, what sacrifices did Kobe make to be great?

STATUTORY
12-12-2012, 06:48 PM
STATUTORY, what sacrifices did Kobe make to be great?

more time in the gym than just about anyone, playing through injury so often that he has sustained permanent disfigurement to his fingers, willing to do whatever it takes to win even if it alienates the teammate and make him unpopular with the media or some fans, bearing the cross of being called selfish when it's just his desire to succeed

just some stuff that popped to mind immediately.

Kobe is the type of philosopher king of the platonic ideals

Nick Young
12-12-2012, 06:49 PM
more time in the gym than just about anyone, playing through injury so often that he has sustained permanent disfigurement to his fingers, winning to do whatever it takes to win even if it alienates the teammate and make him unpopular with the media or some fans

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Heilige
12-12-2012, 06:55 PM
more time in the gym than just about anyone, playing through injury so often that he has sustained permanent disfigurement to his fingers, willing to do whatever it takes to win even if it alienates the teammate and make him unpopular with the media or some fans, bearing the cross of being called selfish when it's just his desire to succeed

Kobe is the type of philosopher king of the platonic ideals

:cheers:

Do you think in reality he is pissed at Dwight and Pau but not really saying anything about it?

maybeshewill13
12-12-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm too emotional to speak right now :cry: , I'll get here later and post my thoughts...
:lol :applause:

Poetry
12-12-2012, 07:45 PM
When he said that Kobe told him he's old, I was just like, "Damn..." :eek:

That sounds depressing. I'll bookmark it, but i'm going to have to watch it some other time. Don't want Kobe making me :(

AlphaWolf24
12-12-2012, 09:07 PM
- the greatest interview of alltime.....

- Prolly gonna get the transcript and have his "make the most outta yourself" speech tattoed over ma heart.

- Da gawd has spoken y'all...:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

BlitzForce
12-12-2012, 09:09 PM

Steroids :dancin

STATUTORY
12-12-2012, 09:09 PM

- Prolly gonna get the transcript and have his "make the most outta yourself" speech tattoed over ma heart.

it might be better than the I got a dream speech :bowdown: :bowdown:

TheeBeast
12-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Zenbe practicing patience. He knows the rules of Zen, you can't succeed without having lost.

I'm expecting a winning streak soon.

Bandito
12-12-2012, 09:17 PM
I thought it was a good interview overall and Kobe seems confident that they can make it work.

What sacrifices did Kobe make to be great?
Practicing instead of partying all night long sometimes?

Heilige
12-12-2012, 09:25 PM

How are you going to get a transcript?

Brick Rick
12-12-2012, 09:37 PM
ArticulateBe
GoodLookingBe
LegendBe
5thAllTimeScorerBe

grate interview.

Bandito
12-12-2012, 09:41 PM
"Speed doesn't win championships togetherness wins championships."

Replace speed with anything you want and that's pretty deep. He pretty much saying that the only way to win is to play as one not 5 playing for themselves. That reminds me a lot of Lebron in 2011 compared to 2012 when he finally won it.

oh the horror
12-12-2012, 09:43 PM

Allow me to be the first to tell you dude....pimples dont go away with age.

NBASTATMAN
12-12-2012, 09:44 PM
KobeStans are the biggest cnts in the world. Their team is playing like shit cuz they have no true leader on the floor. Kobe is one of the best ever but he is not a leader on the floor. When the Lakers gave up on Fish they sent away their floor leader and they won't be the same until Nash comes back and leads this team. :rockon:

oh the horror
12-12-2012, 09:45 PM
KobeStans are the biggest cnts in the world. Their team is playing like shit cuz they have no true leader on the floor. Kobe is one of the best ever but he is not a leader on the floor. When the Lakers gave up on Fish they sent away their floor leader and they won't be the same until Nash comes back and leads this team. :rockon:

How exactly does that make Laker fans c*nts?

Bandito
12-12-2012, 09:53 PM
People hate lakers fans because a lot of them act like c*nts. Is it a stupid generalization? Yes but what can you do...

kNicKz
12-12-2012, 09:54 PM

http://chasing23.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Lebron-James-The-Decision.jpg

http://media.silive.com/knicks_blog/photo/ap-lebron-james-wade-bosh-heatjpg-33e821a5596bee22_large.jpg

DMV2
12-12-2012, 09:55 PM
He didn't even say Laker fans. :lol

dabulls23
12-12-2012, 10:43 PM
is part 5 the last part?

anyway mad respect for this man.. any of these haters probably won't even reach the surface of Kobe's level of success

tmacattack33
12-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Wow, he mentioned his high amount of turnovers alongside Dwight's free throws as the two big things that he and Dwight need to change.

That is a lot different than his fans on here, who like to just totally glance over his turnovers this year and focus just on his FG% and want to say that he's playing great.

Bajanmale
12-12-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm a big Kobe hater but Kobe earn my respect in that interview with how honest he was. I saw a different side of Kobe, nice interview.

The_Yearning
12-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Lmao I bet this dude called up SAS to talk a la Jim Gray. This ain't no interview.

Ol Dirty Bastard
12-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Haven't seen interview yet but I hate Stephen A Smith.

Seriously where does ESPN find these NBA analysts?

MMM
12-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Good interview with Kobe being quite frank.

no pun intended
12-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Kobe's articulation and rhetoric never ceases to amaze me...

Heavincent
12-13-2012, 01:02 AM
That is a lot different than his fans on here, who like to just totally glance over his turnovers this year and focus just on his FG% and want to say that he's playing great.

He is playing great ball. Just a fact.

The Mamba
12-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Can anyone direct me to the clip where Kobe apparently sounded exasperated and claimed he was "old" now.

I'm having trouble finding it, fellas.

It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dazzer87
12-13-2012, 01:52 AM
Can anyone direct me to the clip where Kobe apparently sounded exasperated and claimed he was "old" now.

I'm having trouble finding it, fellas.

It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKpLSQlILoI

AlphaWolf24
12-13-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm a big Kobe hater but Kobe earn my respect in that interview with how honest he was. I saw a different side of Kobe, nice interview.

Sounds alot like the Life story of Jesus from Nazarath...

:confusedshrug:

STATUTORY
12-13-2012, 01:13 PM

jesus didn't score 81 in the modern era :confusedshrug:

stevieming
12-13-2012, 01:43 PM

Look like horns about to break out

devilbe!!

AlphaWolf24
12-13-2012, 01:52 PM
jesus didn't score 81 in the modern era :confusedshrug:

real talk..:pimp:

repped

Mr. Jabbar
12-13-2012, 02:18 PM

bingo.

kNIOKAS
12-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Seeing this interview I get a sense Bryant is very self conscious and just something hinting he's fake. LOL. Tell me what that something is... It's in the air, you can feel it.

elementally morale
12-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Seeing this interview I get a sense Bryant is very self conscious and just something hinting he's fake. LOL. Tell me what that something is... It's in the air, you can feel it.

Your hatred. I can feel it all right.

tomtucker
12-13-2012, 09:03 PM
fukk he looks tired.......his lazy eye is even more lazy then usual.........he needs a couple of days off........

IamRAMBO24
12-13-2012, 09:14 PM
"watching mamba speak with SAS brought tears to my eyes "

Translation:

"watching mamba speak with SAS gives me a raging hard on."

I bet 90% of Kobe stans aren't just fans of his game (if they were, then they would see the obvious flaws); many of them probably have an erotic fixation on the man .. and I quote a Kobe stan in a thread posted about a week ago:

"I have to admit it, Kobe is one of the better looking guys in the NBA; he has facial features that don't even resemble a man from african descent; it is so perfect; he almost looks like a pretty girl."

I kid you not. That is actually from a Kobe stan. He's not even talking about the man's skills or what he does on the court, he's basically talking about how hot he looks.

What a fruitball.

Graviton
12-13-2012, 09:21 PM
"watching mamba speak with SAS brought tears to my eyes "

Translation:

"watching mamba speak with SAS gives me a raging hard on."

I bet 90% of Kobe stans aren't just fans of his game (if they were, then they would see the obvious flaws); many of them probably have an erotic fixation on the man .. and I quote a Kobe stan in a thread posted about a week ago:

"I have to admit it, Kobe is one of the better looking guys in the NBA; he has facial features that don't even resemble a man from african descent; it is so perfect; he almost looks like a pretty girl."

I kid you not. That is actually from a Kobe stan. He's not even talking about the man's skills or what he does on the court, he's basically talking about how hot he looks.

What a fruitball.
I quote...

"Godbe forges you"

They surely are interesting creatures.

Kobe 4 The Win
12-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Probably the best, realist Kobe interview I've ever seen. Respect to Steven A for asking the right questions.

TheBigVeto
12-14-2012, 02:25 AM

Yep. Kobe is like Jesus from Nazarath. Who is an impostor.

The real Jesus comes from Nazareth.

Kobe = satan.