PDA

View Full Version : Some Pau trade ideas

kshutts1
12-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Two things first:
1) Sorry if this is the wrong subforum for this
2) I do NOT think the Lakers should trade Pau. Way too hard to get good value for you (as you will see from my trades)

Here we go! ... In no specific order.

Hawks
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=amhbv7r

Hawks have stated before that they won't trade Smith for Pau (don't remember where I read that), but maybe Horford? Looking at the Hawks roster, almost every single player is up after this year.. Horford as 4 years left. So IF Hawks want to get rid of salary, this trade would help.

Wolves
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6yo7ml
I actually like this one. Fills a lot of holes for the Lakers (shooting, PG, athleticism) and also makes sense for the Wolves.

Boston
Trade restrictions won't allow this in the TM. Bass, Bradley, Green for Pau.
Celtics are doing well without Bradley (a lot of guard depth), and Pau is significantly better than Green and Bass, neither of whom has a shot at an All-Star game... ever.

Detroit
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=afh3yxf
One of the LEAST likely trades I"ll list. I don't see Detroit trading for Pau (in no position to win now), much less trading their most recent, promising draft pick for him. Lakers would have to sweeten the pot with a pick... but they don't have any available for a while. Again, not likely. At all.

Indiana
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ah2ydvj
The trade would be Meeks, and not Clark. And again this trade is unlikely. But Meeks provides scoring/shooting punch that Indiana loses with Granger, and I don't think anyone would take offense to my saying Gasol is significantly better than West.

Bucks
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5qshrb
Take out Jennings/Moute, put in Ilyasova. Trade would make the Bucks players in the East this year, and next if they can sign/resign some key players.

Philadelphia
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=akvpj7d
Meeks, not Clark. I included Meeks because this trade takes away pretty much all of the 76ers shooters, and obviously that would never be accepted. As I said at the beginning, though, I don't see many of these trades being super viable anyway. But Bynum and Pau probably remember how to play together, and Turner and Holiday would be a solid back court to go with that front court.

Toronto
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bb69ar3
I see ZERO reason for Toronto to acquire Gasol (with the exception of Detroit, I'm leaving out all of the no-chance-in-hell-of-contending teams)... but since all the rumors say that the Lakers really want Calderon, I felt obligated to include this.

Dallas
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cz5ceu2
This trade has probably the least player value going back to the Lakers, so Dallas would have to throw in a first round pick (at least, maybe also a younger, low-salary player) to make it "work"

Denver
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bcb5wpd
Also include Andre Miller and Steve Blake (anyone with basic Math skills can see that it would work), and this is one of my favorite fake trades.

Sacramento
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=amajz68
Thompson, and not Evans. This is another team that at first glance wouldn't compete even with Pau, but to dig a little deeper and this team has so much talent. Adding a top-20 player just might be enough to "right the ship". In terms of talent, Lakers are getting back pennies (and giving up a dollar bill), but those pennies fit the system pretty well. But regardless, Sac-town could always throw in a protected first... Lottery protected first year, top 20 second year, unprotected third.

Utah
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b6yub2x
Bell was thrown in just to make salaries work, though I'm not sure Utah would "throw in" an expiring contract. Regardless, Millsap has a similar offensive skill set to Pau, so Lakers don't lose much in terms of front court shooting, and Hayward and Watson improve depth and shooting.

Rekindled
12-12-2012, 01:28 PM
lakers arent gonna trade meeks unless they get significant value back for him.

he has been the most dantoni style player so far

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Just as long as the Lakers get multiple players in a trade involving Pau Gasol, I'm cool with it.

kshutts1
12-12-2012, 01:32 PM
I like Meeks a lot. I was more excited for the Lakers to get him than I was for them to get Nash. This was all pre-D'Antoni, obviously, but I like Meeks as someone to learn from Kobe for the next couple years then take over the 20ppg scoring role from him.

Anyway, I didn't include him in any trades for scrubs, that's for sure, and his future ceiling is hardly written in stone.

kshutts1
12-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Just as long as the Lakers get multiple players in a trade involving Pau Gasol, I'm cool with it.

My primary concerns were adding quality depth and shooting, while trying to keep in mind equivalent talent-value.

Levity
12-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Gasol for Ilyasova and either Harris or Dunleavy

Why bucks do it: Ilyasova has been massively under performing under scott skiles inconsistent minutes. Harris is getting his minutes cut and is occasionally a DNP CD (he was a starter at the beginning of the season) So by adding gasol as the starting C next to Sanders, the bucks have a legit scoring option in the paint paired next to a shot blocking force in Sanders

Why the Lakers do it: Harris and Dunleavy particularly would look great in MDA's high octane system. I feel Ilyasova needs a change in scenery and consistent minutes at the starting 4. In la, he can potentially get that, and help spread the floor for dwight, as well as gobble up offensive and defensive rebounds.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-12-2012, 01:45 PM
always wanted harris when phil coached the team.

Whoah10115
12-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Most of them suck and trading Meeks is stupid. Philly would have made sense if not for Bynum already being there. It would have made sense to send Gasol to Philly (had Philly been interested) than to send Bynum. They have Hawes anyway.

Milwaukee and Indiana both seem plausible. West is the Pacers' best player right now but they're not very good right now and he's not a best player type. You send them Duhon because anyone is better than Augustin or you don't send anyone else. Don't send Meeks. Might not be enough for the Pacers but George gets to stay at SF and Gasol is better than West, no matter what so far this season has to say. He'd flourish there, I believe.

Toronto works, even if they're not willing to do it. Gasol has 3 years of quality left, for sure.

The rest of the trades are terrible.

kshutts1
12-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Gasol for Ilyasova and either Harris or Dunleavy

Why bucks do it: Ilyasova has been massively under performing under scott skiles inconsistent minutes. Harris is getting his minutes cut and is occasionally a DNP CD (he was a starter at the beginning of the season) So by adding gasol as the starting C next to Sanders, the bucks have a legit scoring option in the paint paired next to a shot blocking force in Sanders

Why the Lakers do it: Harris and Dunleavy particularly would look great in MDA's high octane system. I feel Ilyasova needs a change in scenery and consistent minutes at the starting 4. In la, he can potentially get that, and help spread the floor for dwight, as well as gobble up offensive and defensive rebounds.
Doesn't come close to working with salaries. But check out my Bucks proposal.

kshutts1
12-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Most of them suck and trading Meeks is stupid.

The rest of the trades are terrible.
1) I only traded Meeks away when the Lakers were receiving legit all-star talent; it is not like I was just including him as trash.

2) Terrible for whom? Lakers, or the receiving teams?

kshutts1
12-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Finally figured out a way to get the Lakers Chandler Parsons:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bfur7gj

The Rockets would have to get two first round picks from Charlotte to make this work. I don't think Charlotte would ever do that, but I just really wanted to make a trade that got Parsons to the Lakers.

Whoah10115
12-12-2012, 02:13 PM
1) I only traded Meeks away when the Lakers were receiving legit all-star talent; it is not like I was just including him as trash.

2) Terrible for whom? Lakers, or the receiving teams?

I don't think it's worth trading Meeks. And most of those are just terrible all-around. Most of those trades do nothing for either side.

On the Houston trade above, I think you meant to say that Houston gets Gasol. I doubt they want to give up Parsons but he is one of the guys who the Lakers should (and I imagine do) really fawn over. He's everything they want at the 3. White to Charlotte, I like.

irondarts
12-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Oh my goodness. You must be a Lakers fan. The Lakers pull off highway robbery on every one of those trades.

Seriously...Gallo, Chandler and Miller for Pau and Blake?

Pek, Budinger, D-Will and Barea for Pau?

Bass, Bradley AND Green for Pau?

:eek: :eek:

kshutts1
12-12-2012, 04:43 PM
I don't think it's worth trading Meeks. And most of those are just terrible all-around. Most of those trades do nothing for either side.

On the Houston trade above, I think you meant to say that Houston gets Gasol. I doubt they want to give up Parsons but he is one of the guys who the Lakers should (and I imagine do) really fawn over. He's everything they want at the 3. White to Charlotte, I like.
Houston CAN'T get Pau. Not enough salary to trade away, short of trading 75% of their roster. If they could take on Pau's contract, I would have done that.

hawkfan
12-12-2012, 04:47 PM
The Hawks were willing to consider seriously a trade of Gasol for Josh and Marvin Williams, to get rid of Marvin's contract, but those talks never went anywhere and the Hawks sent Marvin to Utah for Devin Harris's expirer.

Now there is no reason to take on Pau's monster contract.

Anyway, I doubt Josh would be happy hanging out on the wing in MDA's system.

Maybe the Lakers can try to trade for Channing Frye to play that role.

kshutts1
12-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Oh my goodness. You must be a Lakers fan. The Lakers pull off highway robbery on every one of those trades.

Seriously...Gallo, Chandler and Miller for Pau and Blake?

Pek, Budinger, D-Will and Barea for Pau?

Bass, Bradley AND Green for Pau?

:eek: :eek:

Every one of them? Then you list 3?

Anyway, I said in the beginning that it was almost impossible to get value for Gasol, and that I think the Lakers should keep him. That being said..

Denver breakdown:
Denver does it because Chandler doesn't play, Miller is a backup (though an important one), and Gallo is good but has never taken the next step to "really good". Iggy slides to the 3, Brewer to the 2, with Blake backing up Lawson, and occasionally playing with him when Denver wants to run-and-gun. Is it ideal? No, but I think it makes them a significantly better team.

Minn:
Barea is a backup. Williams regularly gets DNPs, and even though he's a recent #2 pick, he's clearly not working on their roster. Can they get more for him? Perhaps... but Gasol is still a top 20 player. Budinger has played in 5-10 games (going off memory), so he's clearly not a valued contributor. So end result is Minn gives up one starter, one 20 mpg backup, and 2 players that don't have a regular spot in the rotation for... a top 20 player. Love and Gasol up front would be nasty.

Celtics:
My Boston friend agrees with you, but I see it is Bradley is the only one of those 3 players that has an "all star" ceiling. But Bradley is not even playing right now due to injury, and Boston is still doing well. Pau would instantly be the second or third best player on the team, and all for 3 rotation players (Bradley has star potential, but certainly is not one now). For a team in "win now" mode, I think that's a good trade.

kshutts1
12-12-2012, 04:50 PM
The Hawks were willing to consider seriously a trade of Gasol for Josh and Marvin Williams, to get rid of Marvin's contract, but those talks never went anywhere and the Hawks sent Marvin to Utah for Devin Harris's expirer.

Now there is no reason to take on Pau's monster contract.

Anyway, I doubt Josh would be happy hanging out on the wing in MDA's system.

Maybe the Lakers can try to trade for Channing Frye to play that role.
I prefaced that trade by saying the Hawks had said they wouldn't do it. So again, I consider it the least likely trade I listed.

hawkfan
12-12-2012, 04:56 PM
I prefaced that trade by saying the Hawks had said they wouldn't do it. So again, I consider it the least likely trade I listed.

Theoretically the Hawks would work out a trade of expirers in Harris, Petro, Morrow for Pau Gasol and some other contract the Lakers throw in.

The Hawks would have this team:

PG: Teague, Williams
SG: Korver, Jenkins
SF: Smith, Stevenson
PF: Horford, Johnson
C: Gasol, Pachulia

With Gasol at center, the Hawks could center in the East with Miami.

KG215
12-12-2012, 04:57 PM
What team is going to be stupid enough to take on 32 year old Pau Gasol who's scheduled to make $19M next year? A third team would have to get involved so they could receive other valuable assets since the Lakers don't have any good young players or drat picks to include in a straight-up two-team deal.

Drummond, Bynum, Prince and Jerebko for Gasol only? Drummond for Gasol straight-up is a bad trade for the Pistons. Jennings, Udrih, Mbah a Moute, and Udoh for just Gasol? The Timberwolves one might be the worst. Pekovic, Derrick Williams, Barea, AND Budinger for just Gasol?

Just because the salaries match-up doesn't mean it's a good trade. A third team would have to get involved, because there's no way in hell a team is giving up multiple assets for 32 year old Pau Gasol, his bad knees, and a $19M contract and nothing else.

Whoah10115
12-12-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't know why people think Gasol isn't worth his contract. He absolutely is.

fsvr54
12-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Horford is better than Pau at this point.

hawkfan
12-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Theoretically the Hawks would work out a trade of expirers in Harris, Petro, Morrow for Pau Gasol and some other contract the Lakers throw in.

The Hawks would have this team:

PG: Teague, Williams
SG: Korver, Jenkins
SF: Smith, Stevenson
PF: Horford, Johnson
C: Gasol, Pachulia

With Gasol at center, the Hawks could center in the East with Miami.

A 3 way trade could be something like this:

Toronto gets Devin Harris and a scrub from the Lakers.
The Lakers get Jose Calderon, Anthony Morrow, and Johan Petro.
The Hawks get Pau Gasol.

The Raptors get rid of Calderon who wants out, and get Harris to help out in the back court. It's a locker room shakeup, which the Raptors need.

The Hawks get Gasol to make a serious run at a title.

The Lakers get Calderon to help run the point and play some shooting guard. Morrow helps spread the floor in MDA's system. Petro is a contract throw-in.

webberz0044
12-12-2012, 07:04 PM
They're some of the worst trade ideas I've ever seen.

kNicKz
12-12-2012, 07:07 PM
that pistons trade :facepalm

kshutts1
12-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Just because the salaries match-up doesn't mean it's a good trade. A third team would have to get involved, because there's no way in hell a team is giving up multiple assets for 32 year old Pau Gasol, his bad knees, and a $19M contract and nothing else.

I very much took into account talent level for the 2 years Gasol is under contract, along with win-it-all prospects of the acquiring team (save Detroit, and again I said in there that Detroit has no reason to trade for him).

Honestly people, anything you mention... I already mentioned in my post. Read it instead of just clicking on all the links, maybe?

But as for Denver... Prince is old, Jerebko never plays (so what is Detroit losing with him? They certainly aren't raising his stock any), and Drummond is a good prospect, but no one knows what a prospect will turn out to be (Oden, Arenas, Manu, Kwame are 4 quick cases that did not turn out as expected.. at all).
Why would Detroit do it? I don't know; I don't think that they would. I do know that they'd be getting significantly MORE talent than they'd be giving up, but I also know that Detroit, in its current state, needs prospects more than old talent... again, going back to my saying that Detroit has no reason to trade for him.
So why mention it at all? I don't know.. I guess I figured that Monroe and Gasol up front, with Knight in the back court and Singler on the wing, could be pretty competitive next year. That would be an absolute beastly front line in the East.

kshutts1
12-13-2012, 09:46 AM
A 3 way trade could be something like this:

Toronto gets Devin Harris and a scrub from the Lakers.
The Lakers get Jose Calderon, Anthony Morrow, and Johan Petro.
The Hawks get Pau Gasol.

If this is the value that most people associate with Gasol, then I completely see why no one likes my Gasol trades.

Forgive me for still considering Gasol a top 20 player, and one around whom a championship level team can be built. Maybe not win it all, but a team with Gasol as its best player, and some other nice pieces, could definitely contend.

PyrrhusX
12-13-2012, 09:53 AM
I very much took into account talent level for the 2 years Gasol is under contract, along with win-it-all prospects of the acquiring team (save Detroit, and again I said in there that Detroit has no reason to trade for him).

Honestly people, anything you mention... I already mentioned in my post. Read it instead of just clicking on all the links, maybe?

But as for Denver... Prince is old, Jerebko never plays (so what is Detroit losing with him? They certainly aren't raising his stock any), and Drummond is a good prospect, but no one knows what a prospect will turn out to be (Oden, Arenas, Manu, Kwame are 4 quick cases that did not turn out as expected.. at all).
Why would Detroit do it? I don't know; I don't think that they would. I do know that they'd be getting significantly MORE talent than they'd be giving up, but I also know that Detroit, in its current state, needs prospects more than old talent... again, going back to my saying that Detroit has no reason to trade for him.
So why mention it at all? I don't know.. I guess I figured that Monroe and Gasol up front, with Knight in the back court and Singler on the wing, could be pretty competitive next year. That would be an absolute beastly front line in the East.

Drummond needs to be unleashed more. A future pairing of Monroe and Drummond would be mighty beasty for the pistons and that is what they should be building for rather than trading for gasol, which will probebly make them mid-standings fodder.

Pistons are slowly rebuilding with some nice pieces.

It's A VC3!!!
12-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Kris Humphries
Mirza Teletovic
3 first round draft picks

for Pau

This works for the Lakers because the Lakers can have a 4 alongside Howard that will just grab rebounds and not focus on scoring. the 3 first rounders are great for the future and Mirza would just be a throw in essentially.

The Nets would add another great player teams have to adjust to.

chains5000
12-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Kris Humphries
Mirza Teletovic

for Pau

This works for the Lakers because the Lakers can have a 4 alongside Howard that will just grab rebounds and not focus on scoring. the 3 first rounders are great for the future and Mirza would just be a throw in essentially.

D'Antoni would LOVE Teletovic

It's A VC3!!!
12-13-2012, 10:24 AM
D'Antoni would LOVE Teletovic

Yeah he's a young stretch four that doesn't get used in the nets rotation. I'm sure Dantoni would make great use of him. maybe if we get this trade all over twitter, gms will see it.

PyrrhusX
12-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Kris Humphries
Mirza Teletovic

for Pau

One of the best Pau scenarios Ive seen. Doubt you need to add that many 1sts.

swi7ch
12-13-2012, 10:35 AM
<--- Look at my av

BlackWhiteGreen
12-13-2012, 10:35 AM
The Celtics one would be fine if Bradley was switched out for Barbosa (who fits the D'Antoni offense better). Green and Bass would be great for LA. Gasol would be great for Boston. But the Celtics wouldn't do it, even though Rondo-Bradley-Pierce-Garnett-Gasol would kill.

Whoah10115
12-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Kris Humphries
Mirza Teletovic

for Pau

What would the Lakers want with Humphries? A guy grabbing rebounds next to Dwight? No one grabs more rebounds than Dwight. The Lakers don't need and don't want Humphries, unless they're stupid.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-13-2012, 01:26 PM
<--- Look at my av
i hope that trade never happens unless New York is sending the Lakers a couple more pieces. Lakers need a package or they're not trading Pau.

Whoah10115
12-13-2012, 01:58 PM
i hope that trade never happens unless New York is sending the Lakers a couple more pieces. Lakers need a package or they're not trading Pau.

This is actually correct. The Lakers have decent backup pieces but not huge depth and their SF's all suck.

Jolokia
12-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Pau Gasol for Zac Randolph

Nashty
01-14-2013, 02:01 AM
What about this trade?

Gasol, Clark for Prince, Villanueva, Stuckey

Lakers get stretch 4 in Villanueva, get Prince to start at SF, and get bench scorer in Stuckey.

Pistons get Gasol to play with and tutor Monroe and Drummond, and get rid of Prince and Stuckey contracts, and next season they will have over 20 million cap space, and if they sign one SG they will be a very good team.

Lakers lineup:

Nash, Stuckey, Blake
Bryant, Stuckey, Meeks
Prince, MWP
Villanueva, Jamison
Howard, Hill, Sacre

Possible Pistons lineup next season:

Knight, Bynum
Ellis or Mayo, Singler
Daye, Clark
Gasol, Maxiell
Monroe, Drummond

longtime lurker
01-14-2013, 02:30 AM
What about this trade?

Gasol, Clark for Prince, Villanueva, Stuckey

Lakers get stretch 4 in Villanueva, get Prince to start at SF, and get bench scorer in Stuckey.

Pistons get Gasol to play with and tutor Monroe and Drummond, and get rid of Prince and Stuckey contracts, and next season they will have over 20 million cap space, and if they sign one SG they will be a very good team.

Lakers lineup:

Nash, Stuckey, Blake
Bryant, Stuckey, Meeks
Prince, MWP
Villanueva, Jamison
Howard, Hill, Sacre

Possible Pistons lineup next season:

Knight, Bynum
Ellis or Mayo, Singler
Daye, Clark
Gasol, Maxiell
Monroe, Drummond

You can have Gasol but you'll NEVERRRRRRR get Earl Clark!

JohnnySic
01-14-2013, 06:46 AM
Boston
Celtics are doing well without Bradley (a lot of guard depth), and Pau is significantly better than Green and Bass, neither of whom has a shot at an All-Star game... ever.

LOL. We're not trading our young bucks for an overpaid, declining player who doesn't appear to care anymore.

brain drain
01-14-2013, 07:08 AM
LOL, Can't see any of these teams giving up that much for Pau.

It's not 2008 any more.

Xiao Yao You
01-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Utah
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b6yub2x
Bell was thrown in just to make salaries work, though I'm not sure Utah would "throw in" an expiring contract. Regardless, Millsap has a similar offensive skill set to Pau, so Lakers don't lose much in terms of front court shooting, and Hayward and Watson improve depth and shooting.

:roll:

They'd love to throw in Bell. He's taking up a roster spot that they could use for someone that's actually playing. But why would they want Gasol's contract while giving up a big part of their current team and future in Hayward not to mention Millsap is better than Gasol at this stage.

gigantes
01-22-2013, 03:15 AM
Some Pau trade ideas
tapas for grits!! (do you get it?)

seriously, don't be shy.... tapas are amazing and a huge number of excellent ballplayers hail from the deep south.

http://cdn.hauteliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/main.jpg

http://www.cellartours.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/tapas4.jpg

http://www.giftexperiencescotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tapas.jpg

check it out sometime! ~~

hawkfan
01-22-2013, 04:36 AM
The Lakers can't trade Gasol now because if Howard bolts at the end of the year, then who is going to play center?

Gasol, at this point in his career, to better suited to center anyway.

Fedor - Laker
01-22-2013, 04:49 AM
Pau Gasol for Zac Randolph

Memphis aint that dumb.

hawkfan
01-22-2013, 05:33 AM
The Lakers could have had Josh Smith if they had also been willing to take on Marvin Williams, which would have given them 2 young, athletic players in the front court.

And even if it didn't work out, Josh and Dwight are both expirers, giving the Lakers tons of cap space to start the rebuilding process.

kshutts1
04-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Just wanting to bump this thread for all those people that said I was overrating Pau.

Lebowski
04-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Two things first:
Boston

What the? I'll fly to Boston and hit Danny over the head if this ever happened.

Are Celtics doing well without Bradley? Give up Green? Okay..

lol never mind, didn't see the date. Still, no thanks.

kshutts1
04-18-2013, 01:58 PM
What the? I'll fly to Boston and hit Danny over the head if this ever happened.

Are Celtics doing well without Bradley? Give up Green? Okay..

lol never mind, didn't see the date. Still, no thanks.

Ya it is pretty dated, but just wanted to bump this for everyone that was saying Pau was washed up, not worth that much, etc. He clearly still knows how to play, and just needs an opportunity.

Lebowski
04-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Ya it is pretty dated, but just wanted to bump this for everyone that was saying Pau was washed up, not worth that much, etc. He clearly still knows how to play, and just needs an opportunity.

The only people who bad mouths Pau are fake Laker fans, often with Kobe as their avatar.

I would not mind if he came to Boston obviously. Hes an superb player with high basketball IQ. But just not for that trade mentioned, today. For Bass, yes ;-)

kshutts1
04-18-2013, 02:06 PM
The only people who bad mouths Pau are fake Laker fans, often with Kobe as their avatar.

I would not mind if he came to Boston obviously. Hes an superb player with high basketball IQ. But just not for that trade mentioned, today. For Bass, yes ;-)

Green's resurgence may have made the trade pretty lopsided. I never expected him to start playing so well. He's not a first option, and it would be worth it, probably for both teams, to do a straight up trade (would never work in salaries), but adding in a superb defender and a good backup, yeah... it is no longer valid.

Xiao Yao You
04-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Just wanting to bump this thread for all those people that said I was overrating Pau.

You are. He's been on the decline the past 3 years.

TheBigVeto
04-18-2013, 10:25 PM
2) I do NOT think the Lakers should trade Pau. Way too hard to get good value for you (as you will see from my trades)

The Lakers should not trade Pau because he deserves respect for bringing them 2 rings as the #1 option.

But if you're worried of not getting good value, hell, the Fakers got Gasol for just a Kwame Brown. If you're trading Gasol, you will get Carmelo, CP3, Lebron and D-Wade.

TheBrewer
04-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Cant cavs offer some picks for Pau? I mean they need a good center/vet and Pau is both of those.

Rekindled
04-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Cant cavs offer some picks for Pau? I mean they need a good center/vet and Pau is both of those.

Irving + varejao for Pau+meeks + morris.

get it done Mitch

TheBrewer
04-19-2013, 02:05 AM
Irving + varejao for Pau+meeks + morris.

get it done Mitch

LOLOLOL 3peat

chains5000
04-19-2013, 09:01 AM
If the Hornets aren't sure about Eric Gordon's health:

Pau Gasol

for

Eric Gordon
Ryan Anderson

LA gets the SG that can replace Kobe during his abscence (and when he retires), and a PF to replace Pau that fits better next to Howard (as proved last season).

Nash
Gordon
World Peace
Anderson
Howard

Good team considering Kobe won't be there.

NOLA gets rid of Gordon's contract, and gets a great player to play next to Anthony Davis, who can help him improve, and who's also expires next season.

They'd be competitive while, due to Pau's expirer, they'd be able to sign a good free agent in 2014.
IMO they'll be able to replace Gordon with this season's pick, so it's not that big of a deal to lose him.